...The Unexpected by mathhhh
Summary: You know that look too well and you know that you won't be talking about the case tonight .
Categories: Gibbs/Kate, Other Het Pairings Characters: Kate Todd, T.C. Fornell
Genre: Angst, First Time
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate, Kate/Other
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 692 Read: 9799 Published: 04/26/2007 Updated: 04/26/2007

1. ...The Unexpected by mathhhh

...The Unexpected by mathhhh
Author's Notes:
You know that look too well and you know that you won't be talking about the case tonight .
You just finished barking your orders and musing about how good it is to be the boss for a week when you hear two cars parking in front of your crime scene.

When you see FBI agent Fornell walking toward you, you wonder if Gibbs' gut is that good. After all, he has never been more willing to participate in a conference before. Especially in the cold air of Chicago.

And avoiding Fornell is his favorite game.

+

You can see in his eyes that he remembers a very similar situation, only 3 years ago, when you still were with the secret service. You're proud of yourself; proud of the way you handle the situation.

You grew up.

You don't feel the need to be as aggressive as you were, younger, to force the ‘big men' to listen to you. You're confident and you can almost hear him thinking that Gibbs taught you well.

He's right.

+

He surprises the hell out of you when he asks if you're willing to discuss the case over dinner and you surprise the hell out of the both of you when you say yes because you know that look too well and you know that you won't be talking about the case tonight.

+

You settle for something not too fancy. A simple black dress that shows just enough cleavage and stops just above your knees.
You almost slap yourself when you realize that you've been spending the last ten minutes trying to find the perfect pair of panties with the matching bra.

It won't end like that.

You never put out on the first date and, anyway, it's Fornell! You try your best to deny that you just thought about this dinner as a date. It's Fornell!

+

He compliments on your dress and your hair. Tells you that you have a beautiful smile and that you should show it more often. You remind him that you work for Gibbs and you share a knowing smile and a slight laugh while your brain tries to wrap itself around the fact that hard-ass Fornell can be... charming.

As always, Gibbs easily slips in your thoughts. You wonder if Fornell... well, you should call him Tobias now you shared a bottle of wine, you wonder if he would have ask you for dinner if Gibbs had been there and when he smiles at you, you wonder why, deep down, you'd like your boss to know about tonight.

Maybe it would make him feel the same weird thing that makes your stomach ache every time his redhead makes an appearance, to know that you're having a date with one of the rare person you're sure he considers to be a friend.

But the last thing you need right now is the mere thought of your boss to come and spoil what is already the weirdest night of your life.

+

You feel a bit queasy from all the wine you drank over dinner but you're still lucid enough. Enough to remember that you don't find this man attractive as his tongue slips past your lips to explore the depths of your mouth, your back against your kitchen's wall, his hand under your dress.

You close your eyes at the feeling of his thumb against the skin of your inner thigh and try to picture another man, you settle for two familiar blue eyes and a pair of rough hands.

+

You squirm in your sheets. Your legs are around Tobias Fornell's waist, his cock deep inside you, as you cry out - after your third orgasm of the night - not his name. You don't trust yourself not to laugh at the sound of ‘Tobias' from your lips.

When he's done, he collapses heavily on top of you and you never felt more uncomfortable.
You feel a kiss being dropped in the center of your chest and he pulls himself out of you and out of your bed.

"I should go now." You were hoping he would just stay silent and go. Instead he runs a possessive hand on your stomach and kiss your temple as you nod silently.

And one question won't leave your mind when he crosses the threshold of your bedroom, humming. Would Gibbs ever know ?
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1937