Jessica Todd: Kate or not? by BelieveItSeeit
Summary: about Kate's secret but what could be her secret Kate's dead
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Other, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Drama, Series
Pairing: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 7609 Read: 12465 Published: 06/03/2007 Updated: 09/10/2007
Story Notes:
lots and lots of dialogue. This takes place instead of the season 4 finale La Grenouille and Jeanne do not exisT. Also Detective Warren Jacobi had changed to Daniel "Danny" Moretti

1. Meeting Jessica by BelieveItSeeit

2. Adding Jessica by BelieveItSeeit

3. Getting All The Information by BelieveItSeeit

4. Ducky's Answers by BelieveItSeeit

5. Abby's answers by BelieveItSeeit

6. More Info more questions by BelieveItSeeit

7. Surprising Answers From Jess by BelieveItSeeit

8. Trying To Get Information by BelieveItSeeit

9. A Trick or Not? by BelieveItSeeit

10. Given the Slip by BelieveItSeeit

11. Jess' Secret by BelieveItSeeit

12. Going Places by BelieveItSeeit

13. Catching the Bad Guy by BelieveItSeeit

14. Pain by BelieveItSeeit

Meeting Jessica by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Meeting Jessica but is she Kate or is she someone else
Chapter 1

"Hey Jacobi whats up?" asked Moretti's partner.
"Well nothing. You know usual." said Detective Daniel "Danny" Moretti. He was Italian with dirty blonde-brown hair blue-green eyes a wonderful body at about two hundred pounds who was in his early thirties.
"So whats this about?"
"Possible Navy Officer but we don't know for sure. She was strangled and then shot just like the others and left barely any evidence."
"Barely andy well thats a start. Thats more then the other crime scenes."
"Yea i known and I'm grateful for that."
"So then forensics in there already."
"Yea, going over everything with a fine tooth comb," just then Moretti's phone rings.
"Who was it?"
"It was Chief,"said Jacobi.
"What did he want?"
"He wanted to tell me that NCIS is taking over the crime scene you know how it is."
"Yea but that doesn't change how I fell. I hate them, this. They think they can just walk all over us."
"I know but the thing you should know is it's Gibbs' team so you know what that means. When they come you should make youself scarce, you know."
"Yea, I know. But the thing is this case its important. Being the fact it has to do with the Secret Serial Killer."
"Yea I tell you when they get here. If they decide they still want the case you know they can't make up there minds."
Moretti's partner then exits the living and goes inot the hall presumably going to the victims bedroom where she was murdered. Moretti stayed there waiting for the NCIS team and after waitind not even five minutes they entered the house.
"I'm Special Agent Gibbs this is Special Agents DiNozzo and McGee and Officer David. You are?" said Special Agent Gibbs.
"Detective Moretti. I guessing you want us to hand over the scene to you am I right?" asked Moretti.
"Yes are you the officer in charge here?" asked Gibbs.
"No that would be my partner"
"Where is she?"
"In the victim's bedroom, but trust me you wont wanna see her she gets kind of angry about people taking her cases. She thinks that it isn't right that you can just take our cases."
"Well she just gonna have to get over it because we can and we will," said Officer Ziva David.
"Well don't say I didn't warn you."
DiNozzo, McGee, Ziva, and Jacobi follow Gibbs to the victums bedroom where Moretti notices that his partner is no where in sight.
"Where's.................what is your partner's name Moretti?" asked Gibbs.
"None of your business. Where's Jess?" asked Moretti to all the people in the room.
"She's in the office right though there," said a CSI who was pointing toward doors in the back of the room.
"Thanks," said Moretti.
They all walked into the room where they see the back of a woman at a desk going through papers. DiNozzo thought he reconized her but he wasn't sure.
"Jess this is Special Agent Gibbs and his team you know their names already," said Moretti.
"How the hell would she know our names already?" asked McGee.
"That doesn't matter," said Jessica with a New York accent.
"Okay tell your people to leave and let our people do their work," said Gibbs.
"Nope," said Jess still with a New York accent.
"What the hell! We have your Chief's word that you would do this withour giving us a problem."
"Well that was stupid,"
"Okay why don't you turn around that way I can actual feel like I'm talking to you.
"Nope, I really don't feel like turning," said Jess now going through the top drawer on the desk.
"Jess just make this easy please," said Moretti with a worried tone.
"Okay that's it if you don't turn around I'm going to arrest you for obstruction of justice."
"Jess just turn..............." but before he could finish his sentence Jess turned around.
"Look no need to get angry," said Jess.
"Oh my god," said DiNozzo, McGee, and Gibbs under their breath.
"Kate?!" said DiNozzo softly.
"NO!! I'm her identical twin sister Detective Jessica Todd," said Jess withour the New York accent and just then she ran out of the run with tears in her eyes.
"Look take the case I'll deal with Jess just don't bother her again you guys bring up to much pain." said Moretti angrily.
"What just happened?" asked Ziva.
"Our partner that Ari killed, Caitlin Todd that was her sister Jessica. We didn't know she had a sister let alone an identical twin sister," said DiNozzo sadly.
"Okay well lets just solve this case," said Gibbs.
End Notes:
lots and lots of dialogue
Adding Jessica by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Should they get Jess' help on the case or should they try to solve it on their own
Chapter 2

Outside the victim's house I (Jess) was sitting on the sidewalk crying. Moretti walks over to her and sits beside her withoud saying a word and Jess puts her head on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry I tried to............................," Moretti started to say but I interupted him.
"It's okay I know," I said, "it's just that she's my sister and I know she died over two years ago its just i can't, I can't get over it."
"You will, you'll be okay I promise," said Moretti then Gibbs and his team walk out of the house and up to Moretti and I.
"You said that you worked the other cases like this, right?" asked Gibbs.
"Right? Why?" asked Moretti.
"Well we thought that your information could help us put away a killer," said Gibbs.
"Wait what are you saying you're gonna let us help you. You're gonna let us work the case with you?" I asked
"Yep," said DiNozzo.
"Then what are we waiting for lets solve this case," I said while getting up.
"We'll get the files on the other case from the precinct and we'll meet you at NCIS," said Moretti.
"Okay and we'll go over the case when you get there," said Gibbs.
Then Moretti and I walked over to our car, got in, and drove off, leaving Gibbs and his team at the crime scene.
"Are you really gonna let them work the case with us?" asked McGee.
"Yep," said Gibbs.
"Do you really think Gibbs will let us work with him on this case," said Moretti while driving back to the precinct.
"Yea I do," I said. Although I had my doubts Gibbs didn't like teaming up with people on cases so why wouldn't he mind teaming up with me and Moretti. On the other hand though Gibbs was the type of man that you could trust his word and if he did betray his word you knew that he did everything in his power to keep his word. Lets just hope I was right and that it wasn't some kind of trick to get them off the crime scene god I hate tricks.
Getting All The Information by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Putting the information on the case together hopefully coming up with the answer
Chapter 3

Moretti and I walked out of the elevator and into Gibbs' office holding boxes filled with files on the Secret Serial Killer case.
"Look who have finally arrived," said Tony.
"Sorry, traffic was a bitch," said Moretti.
"You can but the boxes there," said Tony as he pointed to a desk near his.
"Thanks," I finally said as Moretti and I placed the boxes on the desk.
"Gibbs will be up in a minute. He's just with Abby right now but he'll be here," said Tony.
Just then Gibbs walked out of the elevator towards Tony and us.
"You find out theat information about the victim?" Gibbs asked Tony.
"Of course. Petty Officer Sara James. She was one leave after she nearly died a year and a half ago in Iraq. She has serious problems after it. She had asked for two years worth of leave. Looks like they gave it to her," said Tony.
"She just lost her older brother and she had found out a day before the accident. Most people said the accident wasn't the thing that bothered her it was the fact that her brother died," I added.
"Yea thats right how did you know that?" asked Tony.
"I have my ways. You know," I said. "We better find this guy and I mean find him soon."
"What do you mean?" askeded McGee.
"Haven't you read the papers?" I asked. "He already has his next victim picked out has for a while now and he'll kidnapp her in one or two days depending on when the victim was killed."
"Wait how do you know that?" asked Tony.
"Because thats the way its been with the five victims. He stalks them for a week or two then about two days after his previous victim was killed he kidnapps his next. He then tortured them for a week, strangles them and brings them back to their house to kill them."
"Wow thats interesting how do you know all that?" asked McGee.
"There's been five victims McGee we can put two and two together just because we're only cops doesn't mean we can't solve cases," I said angrily.
"Look I didn't mean...........," McGee start to say but Gibbs interupted him.
"Miss Todd no need to get angry here," said Gibbs.
"Sorry about that I didn't mean to go off I say we go down to your morgue and see what your M.E. has to say about the victim."
"Okay, yea lets go down to see Ducky," said Gibbs
"Ducky?" asked Moretti.
"Yea thats their M.E," I said.
"Just then I got a bunch of questioning stares from the team. I guess the question was how did I know that? I just don't understand that I am the sister of one of their former team mates. I mean come on I look nearly exactly like her.
"What? Kate told me."
Ducky's Answers by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Getting some questions answered but resulting in more questions
Chapter 4

"Hey Ducky what have you got," asked Gibbs.
"Well the victim was...," Ducky started to say but once he saw me he stopped, "Kate?!"
"Hello Mr. Mallard. No I'm not Kate," I said
"Ducky, this is Detective Jessica Todd and her partner Detective Warren Jacobi," said Gibbs.
"You can call me Ducky, Miss Todd," said Ducky.
"Thank you Ducky, you can call me Jessica or Jess," I said.
"Good, well since all the new introductions have been given I guess you wanna hear about the victim?"
"Yea," said Gibbs
"The victim was tortured about from about a week after she was murdered until she die. No food in her stomach contents so I'm guessing he only gave her water. She had been raped, and torture Gibbs. She was strangled, which knocked her unconcious and then killed at her house."
"Just like the others, damn it," I said.
"Others? How many others?"
"Five."
"Can I see the autopsy files?"
Sure I'll get someone to bring them from upstairs."
"McGee go get the files and Moretti go with him," ordered Gibbs.
"Yes boss," replied McGee and then he left with Moretti.
"I gave Abby some DNA evidence and some other things you know she'll enjoy. You should go see Abby about that," said Ducky.
"I will but first whats the COD?" asked Gibbs
"I thought that was obivious boss," said Tony and in response to that Gibbs slaps him on the back of the head.
"Well you shouldn't go for the obivious Tony, it can decieve you," I said
"Thats correct my dear but this time the obivious is what killed her. A GSW to the chest, heart to be more specific, after she was shot in the back. Also she was killed last night in between 2100 and 0030 if that helps any," said Ducky.
"Thanks Duck any more info...," Gibbs started to say but then Ducky interupted him.
"I know call you."
Abby's answers by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Abby gives some answers but will it be helpfully or not
Chapter 5

"Abby what have you got for me?" asked Gibbs.
"Well Gibbs what how you got for me?" asked Abby and Gibbs put down a Caf-Pow on the table. She turned around I'm guessing to give him a hug to say thank you but I noticed she was starring at me.
"Hi Abby. I'm Deteective Jessica Todd, Kate's sister," I said after a few seconds of silence.
"Nice to meet you Jess, I'm...well you already know my name."
"Kate told me about you."
"Strange thing is she never told me about you."
"Thats not unusual we both do, did that," I said sadly.
Just then McGee and Moretti came back from upstairs and they must have already seen Ducky because there was nothing in their hands.
"Abby," Gibbs said quickly and it he sounded a little annoyed, "What have you got for me???"
"Well DNA matches Sara James, which isn't saying much. I ran the killers possible DNA through the systum but so far nothing."
"Just like the other five,"
"Theres five other victims?" asked Abby.
"Yea I'll what I can do about getting the evidence from the other crime scenes down here," I said.
"Yea that would be great not that I'm doubting your people."
"I know."
"Any other evidence?" said Moretti.
"And you are?" asked Abby.
"I'm Detective Daniel Moretti, Jess' partner."
"Oh nice to meat you, I'm Abby."
"Same here."
"Other evidence Abby?" asked Gibbs.
"Oh, right. There wasn't much this guy is god Gibbs. I mean really good."
"There was some latex residue on the door handle, both sides"
"How do you know its not from one of us or someone else at the crime scene this moring?" asked Ziva.
"There was powder. We don't use latex gloves with powder in them," Abby responed.
"That seems like a stupid mistake," said Tony.
"It wasn't a mistake. He wanted us to know it was him that it wasn't anyone else. Abby he used a specific kinda glove, not may people use them. Do tou think you could match to the samples found at the other crime scenes as well as the ones we find with the killer?" I asked.
"Possibly. I'm still running a few things I'll let you know about them when I'm done."
"McGee stay here with Abby and help her out with the vic's computor," said Gibbs.
"Okay boss," said McGee.
"Rest of you upstairs," said Gibbs and they rest of us went upstairs with Gibbs.
More Info more questions by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Getting some more information but is it going to help
Chapter 6

"So if she was killed last night then we have a little over a day to stop his b@stard before he hurts anyone else," I said.
"Yea, but we have no idea how the killer is. We have no evidence to lead us in a direction of who it could possibly be. I mean the only conection between the victims are their looks," Tony said.
"Well if he was stalking them for at least a week there has to be some sign of him. He can't be that good," said Ziva.
"No, he is that good. He stays in the shadows and its not like he wears anything that would make him unforgetable or noticable," I said.
"Okay I don't care how good he thinks he is. Look through the evidence and see if there are any other commonalities between the victims no matter how small," said Gibbs finally and he went upstairs to Director Shepards office.
"So, what do you guys think, since you guys have been on the case longer. Is there anything we're missing?" asked Tony.
"I dunno lets just go through the old case files along with what we got from this case and see what we get," I responded.
"Alright fine lets do that i guess but its gonna be very boring," said Tony.
"Well what do you expect Tony. We're going through files and police files at that they're probably filled with holes," said Ziva.
"Excuse me. What the hell is your problem," I said angrily, "if you don't want the case I'll be happy to take it back from NCIS for you. Lighten your heavy load a little."
"Girls no need for the attitude," said Moretti, "lets just work the case and we can all go home,"
"Your right okay lets get to work," I said and we all got out files from the boxes. Tony and Ziva sat at their desks and Jacobi and I sat in the middle of the floor inbetween their desks.
"Okay, so they are all brunette, with brown eyes, in their late twenties or early thirties, roughly one hundred and twenty pounds, and they all lived and worked in the D.C. area" said Tony breaking the silence after what had seemed like for ever but really it was the next day.
"Yep thats about it, nothing else, no other similarites," said Moretti.
"If we don't find him today then he's gonna get her, his gonna kill her," I said.
"We'll find him Jess. I promise we will," said Moretti.
"But when? A week, a month, a year?" I asked sadly.
Just then Gibbs came in with two fresh cups of coffee and everyone looked surprised when he gave one fo them to me.
"Thanks," I said.
"I figured you could use one," Gibbs said to me.
"Well you were right. Thanks again," I said.
"So what have you got?" asked Gibbs.
"Nothing." said Tony.
"Well that might not necessarily be true," I said, "See They all lived in the same area, right? Well then they might have been to the same stores, coffee shops, or even the same gyms. We just have to look more at their personal lives then their working lives."
"But didn't you already do that?" asked Tony.
"Well yes and no. We didn't exactly have the man power and there were to many commonalites for us to pursue but..." I started to say.
"You thought we would have enough man power to do that," said Gibbs.
"Well since we're working the case together we might as well use everything that si available to us," I said
"True. Okay we'll get some people on it. Now lets go see what Abby has. Moretti, Ziva, DiNozzo you all stay here and look through the files again. Jess come with me," said Gibbs and I followed him down to Abby's lab.
Surprising Answers From Jess by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Abby got some evidence finally but wiht a little help from Jess but how would she know it
Chapter 7

"Hey Abby what have you got?" asked Gibbs
"Nothing DNA was a bust and her computor didn't look like anything of importance was on it but maybe Moretti could look at it. He might notice something I didn't," said Abby.
"Abby run the DNA against a case about twenty-nine years ago victim was a twenty-eight girl with the last name Burnber," I said. Abby just look at me strangly and then looked at Gibbs.
"Just do it Abby," I said annoyed
"Okay," said Abby. See accessed the file and ran the DNA against the victim. "Why am I running the DNA against..." but Abby was interupted from a beep from her computor."Its a partical match to the victim. I would say a male sibling,"
"I thought so," I said
"What and you're just mentioning this now," said Gibbs angrily.
"Well it was a long shot. The victims profile matchs that girl's, Sarah Burnber. Her brother was eleven, Scott Burnber. Everyone thought, knew that he had murdered her but there was no proof. Specially since it was twenty-nine years ago and there was no DNA evidence left behind. Also it was thought that he in a mental insitute for the past twenty-nine years, because he stopped talking after she died. But last week the new boss from the insitute just reported him missing. The thing is they said he ran away nearly a year ago," I said
"Stupid idiot," mumbled Gibbs.
"Well reporting him missing was the first thing he did when he became the boss. The older boss didn't want to destory the crediblity of the institute," I said.
"Okay so where is her?"
"No one knows he dropped off the face of the earth."
"Well that's just great."
Why don't you call Moretti so he can come down here to take a look at the computor," said Abby.
"McGee go upstairs and get Jacobi but you stay up there and help Ziva," said Gibbs.
"Okay boss," replied McGee and he left the lab.
"So we a least now we know who the killer is now all we have to do is find him," I said and Moretti came down into the lab.
"McGee said you wanted to see me Gibbs," said Moretti
"Yea help Abby go over the victim's computor and see if anything jumps out at you," said Gibbs and he started to walk out of the lab.
"We know who did it," I said.
"You mean we have proof know," said Moretti and he walked over to the victim's computor. I then followed Gibbs out of the lab and into the elevtaor. As soon as the elevator started to move Gibbs pressed the emergeny stop button. I guess he wanted to talk to me.
"How did you know that the murder was Scott Burnber?" asked Gibbs
"I didn't know for sure it I was just lucky. Some of the older cops had mentioned the similarities between this case and Sarah Burnber's murder."
"So you're not going to tell me the truth then."
"It is the truth," I said. 'Or at least partially the truth', I thought. He then pushed the button again and the elevator started up.
Trying To Get Information by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Trying to get information about Scott Burnber but he seems to be a ghost
Chapter 8

Gibbs and I both get off the elevator and walk over to Tony and Ziva. "Tony, find out everything on Scott Burnber and Ziva you find out everything on Sarah Burnber's murder.McGee see if Scott Burnber has any bank accounts and get the records if he does," said Gibbs.
"Who's Scott Burnber?" asked Ziva
"He's the murder," said Gibbs
"How the hell did you find that out?" asked Tony.
"I told Abby to test the DNA from the Burnber case against the killer's DNA. A lot of cops at the precinct noticed similiarities between our case and the Burnber's so I decided to give it a shot," I said.
"Oh," said Tony confused.
"He has no back records, boss," said McGee.
"Okay just find out anything you can about him. Where he likes to eat, where he lives, and if there is any similiarities between his daily life and the victim's," said Gibbs. "Jess why don't you help them."
"Sure thing," I said.
"Where you going, boss?" asked McGee.
"To get a good damn cup of coffee. Is that a problem, McGee," said Gibbs annoyed
"No, boss," said McGee nerviously and Gibbs walk away.
"Whats his problem?" asked Tony.
"Probably me," I said.
"Why?"
"Oh because I didn't mention the Burnber thing earlier."
"Oh. How long did you know about it?"
"I thought he could be the killer around the third killing but I had no proof so I kept my mouth shut. Look, why don't we just do what he told us to do."
"The Burnber case happened twenty-nine years ago," Ziva finally said.
"Twenty-eight year old Sarah Burnber was murdered by her eleven year old brother Scott but there was no proof he did it. Everyone know he did there just was no proof. Any way it didn't matter he stopped dtalking after it and was sent to a mental institute somewhere. He escpaed a year ago though no one reported until a week ago," I said in response.
"Are you serious?" said Tony.
"About what? The fact he murdered his sister or the fact til no one reported him missing 'til a year ago?"
"Both."
"Well he was angry at his sister supposedly. It was rumored that Sarah wasn't biologically their father's daughter and he hated her for that. And about the whole missing thing a new boss came in a week ago thats the only reason he was reported Scott missing. The old boss didn't want to taint the insitute's reputation."
"Damn."
"Yea I know."
A Trick or Not? by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Finally we have a piece of evidence but is it really what it looks like or is it something more
Chapter 9

It had been days since they figured out who the murderer was, that is was Scott Burnber but we were still no where.
"God how the hell could this b@stard be this good?" said Tony.
"I don't know, I really don't know," replied Moretti.
"You remember that sighting of him two days ago?"
"Yea. Why?"
"Well I finally found a recording of him in a blue Toyota Tercel. The lincese plate number 2-4-Bravo-Lima-8-Charlie. We have his vechicle Tony we can find him." said McGee.
"Good going McGeek," said Tony.
Then Gibbs and I came back from updating Director Shepard. She got very interested in this case but I have no idea why. "We we able to narrow the missing persons list from twelve to five," said Tony to Gibbs and me.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yea its up on the plasma," said Tony.I wallked up to the plasma screen looking at each drivers license basically in the eye.
"We also found the car we but up an APB and we just got a call that said it was at a junk yard. They also said that there was a red substance leaking out of it," said McGee.
"This is her," I said just then.
"What?!" asked Tony confused.
"This girl right here in the middle of the screen, Annabella Roslyn. It's her I know it is."
"How do you know that?" asked Gibbs.
"She looks nearly identical to the sister Gibbs. If you actually look at her features you can tell the others don't really look like it."
"I can see that," said Moretti and Tony nearly at the same time.
"Okay well it doesn't matter we found his car and it sounds like blood is leaking out of the car. Thats probably the victim," said McGee.
Just then you could hear me gasp a little. Just then Tony looked at me and then to Moretti. "Jess, Jessica are you okay. What the hell. Shouldn't someone she if she's okay."
"Its happened before," said Moretti walking towards me, "we should let her get out of it on her own. Its best for her."
"Okay?" said both Tony and McGee sounding slightly confused. Then you hear me let out another little gasp and well you could say I'm back on planet Earth.
"You okay?" asked Moretti.
"Yea but they're wrong she's not dead yet and the car its a set up; its to draw us away from him," I said a little out of breath.
"Are you sure? Was it a vision?" said Moretti softly.
"Yea I reconized from a picture," I said as I walked over to one of the boxes on Tony's desk shuffling through it.
"What the hell is going on Jess?" asked Gibbs.
"She's not dead yet, Annabella Roslyn, she's not dead," I responded.
"What the hell are you talking about?" asked Gibbs.
"The car its a set up not a mistake. There is no way he would let us see him in theat car unless it was a set up. He murdered his sister in the family cabin," I said while pulling a picture out and showing it to everyone.
"So what?" said Ziva.
"Each time he murders a girl he is recreating the scene when he murdered his sister but the cabin is out in the middle of no where. So he tortues then at the cabin and then kills them at their own houses that way he knows they will be found."
"There is no way in hell could you know this and if the cabin is in the middle of no where then how are we going to find it?" aske Tony.
"Thats the problem they didn't own the house and they didn't rent it. It was a friend's house and he gave it to them once the mortage was paid off and he move to Florida."
"How the hell do you know this," said Gibbs angry.
"I just do it doesn't matter how but we have to go up there we have to save her."
"No it makes no sense," said Gibbs
"Yes it does."
"She's telling the truth you have to believe her," said Moretti
"And how the hell do you know that? What, do you just know," said Gibbs still angry. "McGee take her down to interrogation one and put Jacobi in the viewing room neither are allowed to leave."
"Yes boss," said McGee and he took Jacobi and I down to the interrogation room.
Given the Slip by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
They find the car at the junk yard but not all is what it seems
Chapter 10

"I'm Special Agent Gibbs, this is Special Agent DiNozzo, and this is Officer David," said Gibbs. "Can you show us were the car is?"
"Sure, I'm Micheal Jefferies. I'm the owner but the car wasn just dumped here last night around two in the morning."
"Thats okay just take us to it. We're going to tow it anyway," said Gibbs as Mr. Jefferies led them to the Toyota Tercel.
"Is this it?" Gibbs asked Tony.
"Yep," replied Tony. They all noticed the red liquid leaking from the truck. Gibbs then signled one of the cops to pop the trunk. Gibbs then fully opened the truck but there was nothing inside except for a letter which said, "If you have found this then you know who I am and what I have done. You stupid cops didn't realize that this was just set up to get you off my tail. I have already taken my new victim, which I have actually had for awhile but you are running out of time for her and my next victim, which is one of your own. Detective Jessica Todd you're running out of time you're my next victim I hope you like your last few days alive."
"Sh!t," said Tony.
"How is Jessica his next victim?" said Ziva.
"She looks like Burnber's sister like all the other victims," said Gibbs.
"We should have just listened to Jess. We shouldn't have assumed that she was lying that she didn't know what she was talking about. We shouldn't have assumed she may have a part in this," said Tony.
"She wasn't making any sense Tony. The way she was talknng it sounded like she was either crazy or she knew something that only the killer would know," said Ziva.
"Yea well her sister was one of us! She is one of us! We should have trusted her more and we shouldn't have put her in an interrogation room!" said Tony angrily he didn't know who he was angry at Gibbs or himself.
"Tony you're way out of line," said Ziva.
"No he's right I should have trusted her more she couldn't be the killer she was with us when Annabella Roslyn was kidnapped. We should go back to NCIS, but take the car it might have been a set up but he might have made a mistake," said Gibbs. "So Ziva you stay with the car and make sure it ends up with Abby soon and not by tomorrow."
"So when we go back to NCIS we gonna talk to Jess, boss, or are we gonna interrogate her?" asked Tony some what sarcasticully but some what seriously.
"TONY, enough with that okay. We're gonna talk to her but in the interrogation room, okay? If we find out she's telling the truth and isn't involved then we're gonna make sure Burnber doesn't hurt her or anyone else," said Gibbs.
"Alright, sorry boss. I know don't say sorry its a sign of weakness," said Tony.
"Good, at least I don't have to remind you. Alright lets go," said Gibbs.
Jess' Secret by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Jessica Todd has a secret she didn't want the team to find out about. What could it be?
Chapter 11

The team exited the elevator after returning ro NCIS headquarters and the whole team was completely silent, which was a little unnerving.
"So we going down to interrogation one to talk to Jess or we just gonna sit here with a stupid look on our faces," Tony finally said.
"We're all going down just give me a minute, DiNozzo," said Gibbs angrily. He then went to his desk and pulled something out but no one saw what it was. Then Tony and McGee followed Gibbs down to interrogation one's viewing room.
"Hello, Moretti," said Tony.
"Well its about thime that you got here," said Jacobi angrily but also sadly.
"DiNozzo, McGee, you both stay here with Moretti I'm gonna talk to Jess," said Gibbs.
"But boss............" Tony started to say.
"But nothing okay DiNozzo," said Gibbs interupting Tony. He then walked out of the viewing room and into the interrogation room.
"Good God Gibbs its about time you got here. Look I know that what I know my seem a little suspicious but........." I started to say but was interrupted by Gibbs.
"A little suspicious Jess you said that you knew where Burnber keeps his victims after he kidnaps them. Then you said the the car was a set up and guess what it was there was no body in the car."
"I was right."
"How the hell were you right. How the hell did you know that?"
"You wouldn't believe me, you wouldn't understand."
"Wouldn't understand! Well what I know is that your a suspect for the murders and if you don't tell me how you knew I'm probably going to have to arrest you."
"You wont believe me," I said sadly.
"Just tell and then I'll tell you if I believe you or not."
"Okay.......Well I'm......psychic."
"You're what?!"
"I knew you wouldn't believe me."
"This isn't a matter of me believing or not. It's a matter of understanding."
"What the hell fo you mean?"
"Alright I don't believe you. That stuff isn't real."
"Gibbs, what the hell!" Just then Moretti walked into the interrogation room with a slightly angry look on his face.
"Look Gibbs I don't know what you believe but Jess.....she really is what she says she is. She's shown me she's shown a good amount of people that we work with."
"Moretti get your @ss out of here now!"
"Look let her prove it. What's the harm in that. Let her read you, Tony, and McGee's minds."
"Now you are saying she can read minds."
"Look just let her do that. If she's lying well then I guess you can arrest her."
"What?!" I finally said.
"Fine, DiNozzo! McGee! Get in here now! Moretti go to the viewing room." Then Moretti left the interrogation and Tony and McGee entered the room.
"If you don't mind me saying I'll start with McGee, then Tony, and then finally you Gibbs. Okay well you should probably think about something no one knows but make it something that you wouldn't mind them knowing."
"Alright lets get this started," said Tony.
"Alright. McGee. When you were young about six or seven you got lost on the subway only wearing your boxers while holding your rubber ducky. You were scared out of your mind. You were lost for three hours."
"Thats right she got it exactly right," said McGee
"Well that sucks for your McGeek," said Tony with a smirk on your face.
"Tony....you don't want me to say that."
"Right okay ummmm give me a minute."
"You walked in on your parents having sex when you were eight. It scared the living crap out of you."
"Thats right. I never told anyone that," said Tony and then McGee left of a slight chuckle in which Tony responded with a slap on the back of McGee's head.
"Tony!" said Gibbs loudly.
"Sorry boss," replied Tony.
"Okay Gibbs. When you were in the war a buddy of yours got hurt....... you went back for him. That, which resulted in you getting hurt and another marine went after you. He got killed saving you and your friend. You blamed yourself though you know it wasn't really your fault. Though you still blame yourself. I think if you had been strong enough you could have saved them both."
"You really are psychic then," said Gibbs softly.
"Yea its not something that I ever wanted but its something that I have to live with and deal with."
"Alright lets get out of here we have a case to solve." Gibbs, Tony, McGee and I then walked out of the interrogation room and then joined by Moretti who exited the viewing room. We then went back to the bullpen when Director Shepard joined us.
Going Places by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Finally they listen to Jess about the cabin so now its time to get the bad guy
Chapter 12

"Whats going on? I heard Detective Jessica Todd was in an interrogation room?" said Director Jenny Shepard.
"It was nothing, just needed to ask her a few questions about the case.......in private," replied Gibbs.
"We anywhere on the Burnber case?" asked Shepard.
"Jess thinks she knows where he is," said McGee.
"Well Director its just a hunch...um...just what I believe happened," I said.
"What do you think happened?" asked Shepard.
"Well he murdered his sister up at the family cabin so its logically that if he wanted to relive the events he would bring his victims to that cabin."
"But then why does he kill them at there own houses?"
"Well he knows that bodies wont be found if he murders them at the cabin because its in the middle of nowhere. So he brings them to their own houses so they're discovered and he kills them there because he is a pyschopath he wants to strip the security of their own homes away from them. He wants to relive as much of the events as possible but travel hours with a dead body in the truck ins't very pleasent"
"Seems logical. What are you going to do next?" asked Shepard
"We have to find the cabin. It wasn't owned by the family but the family' friend," said Gibbs.
"Well that shouldn't be to hard," I said.
"What the hell do you mean? I thought you said the family friend is dead and the family didn't actual own the cabin," asked Tony.
"Well thats right but Burnber mudered his sister there so it has to be in the case files," I said.
"Right...McGee get the case files and meet us at the car," said Gibbs.
"Yes, boss," said McGee in reply who then went to his computor and started typing. Gibbs, Tony, Moretti, and I then went into the elevator to get to the cars. We exited the elevator and entered NCIS's parking lot or garage whatever you wanna call it.
"I'm guessing Moretti and I will take our own car and we'll meet you at the cabin," I said.
"Well I doubt all five of us are going to want to be in the same car," said Gibbs.
"No boss it'll just be a little tight thats all," said Tony sarcastically. Just then Gibbs slapt him on the back of the head.
"Where the hell is McGee," said Gibbs just as McGee came out of the elevator with Ziva David; god did i hate her something about her bothered me.
"Hey boss got the address," said McGee as he aprroached us.
"There was nothing of value in the car. Nothing that could give us any real information," said Ziva.
"I figured as much," I said, " so where is the cabin?" I asked and then McGee gave me a peice of paper with the address on it. "Okay we'll meet you guys there," I said as Moretti and I got into the car; him in the driver's and me in the passenger's seat. I handed Moretti the paper and said," do you know the short cut?"
"Hell yea. I should know it since I taught it to you," said Moretti as he started the car and drove out of the garage with Gibbs following us.
"Just go easy on them," said Tony to Gibbs in their car following us, "you don't want them feeling like your riding their @ss."
"They'll be fine DiNozzo," said Gibbs in response a liitle annoyed.
"So you gonna go easy on them," I said to Moretti in our car.
"No if they can follow they can follow if they can't they'll just have to find their own way of getting there," said Moretti as he sped up a little.
Catching the Bad Guy by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Now its time to catch the bad guy but will all things go according to plan?
Chapter 13

After a while we lost Gibbs and big suprise we beat them there. We park a bit up the road from the cabin so he could spot us. We both got out of the car and I said, "I told you to go easy".
"They'll be here," said Moretti. He was right about ten minutes after we arrived Gibbs pulled up right next to our car. They all got out as well.
"How the hell are you guys here already?" asked Tony.
"I know the streets," said Moretti.
"I thought Gibbs was a crazy driver," said Tony under his breath to McGee, which then prompted another head slap from Gibbs.
"So how are we gonna do this?" I asked Gibbs.
"Give me a minute to think," said Gibbs. He took a few minutes, which then of course got me a little annoyed. Just then I inhaled deeply. I had a vision, it was of Scott Burnber torturing Annabella Roslyn. After the vision ended I took a deep breath out and calmed myself down. I then noticed everyone was staring at me.
"We have to go in now so I hope you came up with an idea," I said to Gibbs.
"Why now?" asked McGee.
"Because McGee I just had a vision of Scott Burnber torturing Annabella Roslyn and I personally wont stand by and let it happen," I said slightly annoyed.
"Okay we go in quietly. DiNozzo, Moretti, Jess you take the back. McGee, Ziva your with me we'll take the front. Radio me when you get there I'll tell you when to enter. So Tony, Moretti, and I headed for the back door. I was incredibly nervious, which was odd for me I normally don't get nervious.
"You okay?" aske Moretti.
"Yea lets just do this," I said as we reached the back door. Just then there was a scream and Gibbs said, over the radio, "Now!".
We busted down the door and all screamed, "NCIS". Burnber was there with a knife to Annabella's neck. I was disgusted at the site she was covered in blood, cuts, and bruises. She had been beaten within an inch of her life over and over again. Just then Gibbs, McGee, and Ziva entered the room.
"Put down the knife," screamed Tony.
"No I wont it doesn't matter if you shoot me because I'll have already killed her," said Burnber.
"No we don't wanna do that," I said, "how about I propose a trade".
"What would I want that you have?" asked Burnber.
"Me. I look a lot more like your sister then her don't I..." I said to Burnber and looked at Moretti.
"Don't Jess," said both Gibbs and Tony.
"You can have me, okay. You let her go and you can have me. We'll let you leave and you can take me where every you wanna go," I said.
"Jess stop this," said Gibbs
"Gibbs shut up," I said to Gibbs angrily.
"Come on you know you wanna," I said to Burnber and noticed that Moretti wasn't in the room anymore he must have slipped out of the room without anyone noticing. He knew what I was gonna do and I knew what he was gonna do.
"Okay I agree. Come here," said Burnber.
"Jess no," said Tony softly but I walked over to Burnber and grabbed Annabella's arm. I pulled her up once he got up and removed the knife from near her neck and then put it to mine. I pushed her over to Gibbs so she would be safe, atleast I hoped she would he safe.
"Now let us leave," said Burnber.
"No!" said Tony
"Tony just do it," I said.
He walked over to Gibbs out of our way with his gun still aimed at Burnber and as we walked out of the house. We approached a black car by the driver's side, Burnber opened the door, and then shoved me into the car. Just then Moretti came out of nowhere and said, "let her go Bunber".
"She said I could take her and thats what I'm gonna do," replied Burnber. He then pulled a gun out of his pocket once Moretti started to come closer. Next thing there was a flash, a pop, and a scream.
Pain by BelieveItSeeit
Author's Notes:
Who got hurt me, Jacobi or both of us.
Chapter 14

The scream must have come from Moretti because I felt fine, no dizziness nothing, but there was no numbness either. I had to have been fine but then that meant that Moretti wasn't. He was hurt and it was my fault, this was my plan. We had done this before but it had always gone better. I tried to get out of the car by but I couldn't reach the passenger door. Burnber had grabbed my feet before I could do anything. I screamed, I just screamed. I don't no why I did it I just did. Burnber must have gotten in the car when he grabbed my leg because he started the engine. He then gunned it down the dirt driveway. Once he hit the road I heard gunshots probably from Gibbs' and Tony's guns. Then when Burnber wasn't paying attention I opened the passenger door and jumped out the car but before I could get out of the car he managed to stabb my right ankle. I wouldn't recomend jumping out of a moving car it hurts like a b!tch but I did it, I jumped out of the car. I tried get up once I stopped rolling but once I tried I just let out another scream. Good God that hurt like a B!TCH! I heard someone running down the driveway it was DiNozzo, thank god it was Tony.
"JESS! JESS! Jess where are you," screamed Tony.
"Down here help me Tony," I screamed back. Finally after was seemed like forever Tony found me.
"Hey Jess how are you," asked Tony.
"Well I jumped out of a moving car and I think he stabbbed my right ankle," I said painfully.
"Damn it," was the response Tony gave me. We called the police. "Moretti was shot in the leg but he should be fine. Once they come I'll get them to look at you. Are you okay to walk," said Tony and I could have sworn he didn't take a breath while saying all that.
"I think so," I said as I started getting up, which Tony helped me with. I leaned on him as we walked down back to the house. I saw Moretti lying there bleeding. I wanted to run to him to see if he was okay. To say I was sorry that I didn't mean what happened to happen. Tony must have saw the look on my face because he changed direction and took me straight to Moretti.
"It wasn't your fault," said Tony softly as he put me down next to Moretti.
"Hey what the hell happened to you?" Moretti asked me with a sarcastic tone.
"You know the usual. Whats new. I could nearly ask you the same thing," I said in response.
"I didn't know he had a gun. If I had known I would have done it differently."
"I know me too." Everyone was quiet it was just me and Moretti talking, which didn't bother me.
"So I thought you were leaving me for him," said Moretti laughing softly.
"Well I was gonna but I just couldn't leave you," I said laughing with him.
"You shouldn't have done what you did," said Gibbs seriously.
"I know but it seemed like the best thing to do at the time. He wasn't gonna give Annabella up. It was the only way he was gonna do it," I said just as seriously.
"Hey look don't get angry with her we've done this before, quite a few times actually. It normally works but I guess normally the guy isn't hiding a weapon," said Moretti trying to lighten up the mood.
"Yea I know if he had a gun why use a knife. It doesn't make any sense," I said. Then I heard sirens, finally the ambulence was here. Moretti was gonna be okay. Now all we have to do is find Burnber.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2042