It Mush Be Love by tayababy
Summary: Gibbs rushes a little too quickly into the office one morning
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Jenny Shephard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Jen
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 449 Read: 2636 Published: 10/01/2008 Updated: 10/01/2008

1. It Mush Be Love by tayababy

It Mush Be Love by tayababy
Author's Notes:
Gibbs rushes a little too quickly into the office one morning
NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs stepped out of the elevator and onto the third floor of NCIS headquarters in DC.

Without saying a word, he walked past his ‘office’, not even bothering to notice McGee attempting to hack into something and Tony and Ziva up to their usual early morning antics.

“Morning, boss,” DiNozzo greeted, and Gibbs ignored that too, not even offering his senior field agent a whack across the back of the head.

It was this missing action that made his team suspicious. Even after he had shaved his upper lip, finally, there was still something slightly strange about his attitude, his behaviour.

Tony even failed to notice there were two coffee cups in his hands, compared to the usual one.

“Going somewhere, Gibbs?” Ziva tried, knowing he wouldn’t grace them with a response, but she tried nonetheless.

The trio watched as he took the stairs leading to MTAC, and the Director’s office, two at a time. They weren’t surprised when he disappeared from their sight, directly into the waiting area of NCIS Director Jenny Sheppard’s office.

“Wonder what’s wrong with him?” McGee spoke out loud, which was his first mistake of the morning.

This subsequent question earned said field agent a whack across the back of the head, this time from Tony.

“Well, Probie, he’s been going up there every morning, and we always hear Cynthia yelling at him, so I’m betting he’s getting some action up there.”

Ziva scoffed at his remark. “Bullshit, Tony. I bet he’s in love.”

“I’ll take that action,” DiNozzo replied without hesitation. “50 says they hook up soon.”

“Nah, 75 says he’s a lovesick teenager pining for the girl he can’t get,” McGee added.

“100 says I don’t care.”

Tony, Ziva and Tim turn slowly around to see Gibbs standing n front of them, this time with only one coffee cup in his hand.

“Morning, boss,” Tony muttered, sounding like a guilty kid who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Nice to know my personal life is being discussed this early in the morning,” he shot back, this time giving Tony the whack he deserved.

As their leader sat behind his desk, answering his phone while leaving the other three standing in his wake, they all sighed simultaneously.

“It must be love,” DiNozzo whispered, causing Tim and Ziva to giggle loudly.

“Problem, Tony?” their boss asked, slamming the phone down.

“No, sir,” he replied.

“Good. Get your gear, there’s been a Petty Officer discovered murdered in the park.”

Gibbs was awfully snappy this morning.

Suddenly, Director Sheppard walked past. Her slim body and short, red hair caught Gibbs’ gaze, holding it for much longer than necessary.

This time, the other three agents just stared at each other.

Then, they all said one thing together.

“It must be love.”
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2695