Lost In You by katetodd4eva
Summary: Kate and Gibbs are brought together by a bad and a song.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Episode Related, First Time, Friendship, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3409 Read: 2300 Published: 01/22/2009 Updated: 01/22/2009

1. Lost In You by katetodd4eva

Lost In You by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate and Gibbs are brought together by a bad and a song.
Gibbs walks up to his front door. It has been one of the longest, toughest and he hates to admit it but scariest days ever. He steps on his door mat and realises something is underneath it. It is a plan white envelope with the word ‘Gibbs’ neatly written on it. It was flat it had something in it. He opened the door and walked in, dropped everything on the floor except the envelop. He opened it carefully and found a note and a tape in it. The tape wasn’t labelled and the note was short.

‘Gibbs, I wanted to tell you how I felt but I couldn’t find the right words. I think this song is the best way to tell you how I feel.
Kate’

Was all it said. He looked at the tape and had no idea where his tape player was. He looked around then remembered it would probably be in the basement along with all the other belongings he used to use.
He found it sitting up the back of his bench covered in dust. He opened it and found a tape that read ‘Kelly’s piano’ in it. He ran a thumb over it and placed it in a drawer safely. He then snapped Kate’s tape in and pressed play.


You look into my eyes,

I go out of my mind I cant see anything cause this loves got me blind,

I cant help myself I cant break this spell I cant even try,

Im in over my head,

You’ve got under my skin,

I got no strength at all in this state that I’m in,

And my knees are weak and my mouth cant speak fell to far this time,

Baby I’m to lost in you,

Cant get you lost in everything about you,

So deep I cant sleep I cant think I just think about the things that you do,

I’m to lost in you.

The lyrics filled the silent basement. He closed his eyes as he listened to the lyrics carefully. He saw Kate’s happy face looking back at him. Her sweet smile and soft eyes. Her slender, toned body standing in front of him. He opened his eyes suddenly realising what she was trying to tell him and to his surprise he wanted to tell her the same thing. He quickly pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialled her number. It was ringing but she wasn’t picking up.
********************************
Kate’s house was filled with darkness as she sat on the couch huddled I a little ball trying to comfort herself which wasn’t working.
Today was the worst day ever. First she had to get the courage to finally give Gibbs that tape she made for him 2 months ago, then Gibbs found her at DC Bean’s and basically interrogated her for information on the terrorist, went to lunch with Tony and Ducky which Tony ran after some blonde leaving her and Ducky to get the cheque…well Ducky actually and then on the way back to NCIS got kidnapped by two of the terrorist men of which slapped her twice.
Ari was his name. He wanted her to tell him which helicopter was marine one. He then shot the blonde and was scared that he would in deed shoot her to.
Her thoughts got the best of her as she sat in silence. She jumped out of her skin as the sound of her phone ringing filled the room. She wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone so she didn’t bother answering.
‘ If they want me they will leave a message’ she thought to herself as she hugged her knees.
“Its Kate, I’m not here right now so leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP…….
Kate its Gibbs. I just wanted to see how you are. I also wanted to talk to you about that tape you left on my front door”
Kate looked at the machine and didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing.
“ I can see that you want to be alone and I understand if you want time of work” he continued his message.
“ Gibbs I don’t want to be alone” she said finally picking up the phone.
“ I’m scared and I don’t want to be alone. Please” she pleaded as tears stated to fall as she looked out the window at the dark night.
“ Ok I’ll be over soon” he said and hung up. She looked at the phone and put it back. She went back to hugging her legs and wiping the occasional tear that she let fall.
She closed her eyes but all she could see was his face. The smirk he had on his face, the accent he had and the look in his eyes. Her eyes shot open as she heard the soft knock on the door. She got up and headed for the. She looked through the peep hole just to make sure who its was. She unlocked the door and let him in. She closed the door behind him and locked it again. She walked passed him and took her seat back on the couch.
“ Kate I’m sorry for what happened today” he said as he made his way over to the couch and sat down next to her.
“ Its not your fault Gibbs, I should have been more careful” she said trying to produce a smile but failed. He moved closer to her and put an arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulder as he pulled her in tighter.
“ Its my job to protect you and I failed” he said softly. She looked up at him.
“ You got to me before he…he” she started to say but couldn’t finish the sentence. She could feel the tears falling down her face again. She hid her face in his shirt.
“ Hey, your safe now” he said as he held her closer. Minuets passed before anyone said anything.
“ I’m sorry did you want something to drink?” she asked sitting up and wiping her eyes.
“No, but did you want something?” he asked back. She shook her head.
In the dim light he noticed something. He grabbed her face with both hands and slowly turned he head to left to reveal her cut and swollen lip.
“ Did he do this to you?” he asked gruffly running a thumb over it softly.
“ No, the guy in the car” she said wincing as he touched.
“ Why?” he asked studying her face his hand still on her face so she could turn away from him.
“ I lied” she said softly.
“ About what?” he asked confused.
“ You” she said plainly.
“ Me?”
“ You were calling me. He asked who Gibbs was and I said…” she stopped.
“ Said what?”. She shook her head and turned away from him.
“ Said what?” he asked again turning her face back to him.
“ That you were my boyfriend” she said softly, embarrassed at her confession. He looked at her in surprise.
“ Why?”
“ I don’t know, telling them that you were my boss didn’t seem like a good idea at the time” she said her tone slightly rising. He just looked at her in understanding and sympathy. They looked at each other in silence for ages, neither of them wanting to look away.
“ Can you put the radio, the quiet scares me” she finally said. He got up and walked over to the stereo system and switched it on. He came and sat back down next to Kate who had relaxed back into the couch.
They sat there listening to the news, the weather and then a song came on.


You look into my eyes,

I go out of my mind I cant see anything cause this loves got me blind,

I cant help myself I cant break this spell I cant even try,

Im in over my head,

You’ve got under my skin,

Kate’s heart started to race as she realised what song it was. She hoped Gibbs wouldn’t recognise it, but he was Gibbs after all.
“ This is the song on the tape” he said. Kate didn’t say or do anything. He turned to face her.
“ Kate” he said softly. She turned her head towards him but didn’t face him. He picked her head up to face him. She could tell he was searching his brain from the rights words to say and she wasn’t even sure if she could handle it.
“ This is my song for you” he said softly. Her eyes widened and a soft smile took over her. He smiled with her and slowly leaned in and gently kissed her. His hand ran through he back of her hair.
“ Oww” she said pushing him away as she put her hand to her lip.
“ Im sorry, are you ok?” he asked worried.
“ Yeah, just have to be gentle” she said putting an arm around his neck to pull towards her again. This time it was a gentle slow kiss. It lasted to the end of the song at which they both needed fresh air.
Kate cuddled up to Gibbs until she was almost asleep.
‘ C’mon I’ll put you to bed” he said getting up and carrying her to what looked to be her bedroom. He carefully placed her on the bed and pulled the sheet over he as it was a bit to hot for the duvet. He turned to leave but was stopped by her plead.
“ No don’t leave. Stay, please” she said. He turned to see her sitting up in bed with fear on her face.
“ Ok. I’ll just check the doors and windows and I’ll be back” he told her and she laid back down.
He went into the lounge room turned off the stereo, checked the door and the windows ad turned of the lamp and headed back to the bedroom. He took his shoes, pants and top off and climbed under the sheet next to Kate. He let a sigh and relaxed into her bed.
As he closed his eyes he felt her body against his. Her head rested on his chest and her arm draped over his stomach. He leaned down and kissed her the head before finally drifting off to sleep.
****************************************
Kate woke up to the smell of coffee. She sat up in bed and looked around her room. She saw a pile of clothes on the floor.
‘ Please don’t tell me we’ she thought to herself. She looked down at herself and saw she was still in her pyjama’s. She let a sigh of relief. She finally got up out of bed to find Gibbs standing in the kitchen waiting for the coffee to finish. She quietly joined.
“ Morning” she said softly taking a seat on a stool at the bench. Gibbs turned around to see her sitting upright and with a soft smile just for him.
“ Morning. Coffee?” he asked pointing to the machine.
“ Please” she replied with a smile and a nod. He got out two cups and poured the dark mixture into them. He handed her a cup with a smile.
“ Thanks” she said softly. Gibbs stands opposite her as they drink the hot beverage. Kate is the first one to break the silence.
“ I’m sorry about last night, Gibbs” she said, looking down at her coffee.
“ Don’t be” he replied.
“ But you waisted your Friday night on me” she said softly. She looked up at him. He shook his head.
“ Kate I’ve waisted every other Friday night. I wanted to come over, for you” he said. She smiled at him. He put his coffee down and walked around the bench to stand next to her. He took her coffee out of her hands and placed it on the bench and turned her to face him. She looked up at him with big eyes.
“ I am here for you Kate” he said seriously. A small smile spread over her face.
“ Thankyou” she said and wrapped her arms around him. Gibbs did the same, pulling her off the stool so he could hug her properly.
Kate takes a step back and looks into Gibbs’ crystal blue eyes, he looks deep into her hazel brown eyes. They don’t speak a word, they don’t need to, their eyes say everything. Kate’s eyes leave his and wonder over his face stopping at his lips. She traces them back and forth and with a small smile she leans up and plants her lips on his in a slow, deep, passionate kiss.
Gibbs stops the kiss and whispers.
“ I love you Kate” onto her lips.
“ I love you Jethro” she replies.
A grin appears on his face at the sound of her using his name. He then closes the gap between with another kiss.

A/N: Lost In You by the Sugababes for those who want to hear full song.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2873