One of my own by PenMaster
Summary: Ziva and Tony watch everyone around them settling down, will they follow the lead?
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Jenny Shephard, Donald Mallard, Anthony DiNozzo, Abby Sciuto, Jimmy Palmer, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Michelle Lee, Original character
Genre: Action, Character study, Drama, Established relationship, Friendship, Romance
Pairing: Abby/McGee, DiNozzo/Ziva
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 2595 Read: 15652 Published: 06/02/2009 Updated: 07/07/2009

1. One of my own by PenMaster

2. Chapter 2 : meeting Benji by PenMaster

3. Chapter 3 : Am I? by PenMaster

4. Chapter 4 : Tony's surprise by PenMaster

5. Chapter 5 : all was well by PenMaster

One of my own by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and Tony watch everyone around them settling down, will they follow the lead?
PROLOGUE

after aliyah Ziva escaped from Israel and Tony helped her escape the mossad officers her father sent after her. Abby and McGee started dating and They had a baby called bella and Now abby is pregnant again. Tony and Ziva started dating a few months after bella was born. Everyone around them is settling down and They ahven't. When babysitting Abby and McGee's daughter Bella they discover they are ready to start a family of their own


NOW

Tony's phone began to ring.
"Who is it?" Ziva, Palmer, Ducky and agent Lee all asked
"Mcgee"

"Hey McGee"
"Hey Tony, Abby just had the baby, its a Boy"
"Congratulations Probie"
"We were wondering whether you and Ziva could do us a favor"
"what?"
"Could you pick Bella up from Abby's mums house and look after her for the night"
"woah Probie, back up a step
"Come on Tony"
"I'm not so sure"
"Let me talk to Ziva"
"Fine" said Dinozzo, he turned to Ziva "he wants to talk to you"
"hows Abby?" Ziva asked of her best friend
"Great! its a boy"
"have you chosen a name?"
"not yet, but i need a favor from you and Tony"
"sure"
"Can you pick up Bella form Abby's mum's place and look after her for the night?"
"McGee, I'm not so sure"
"Come on ZIva, your great with her, she loves you guys, its only for one night and Abby's mum isn't up to it she's been sick all week"
"Ok McGee but you owe us"
"THanks soo much, you can come and Visit Abby tomorrow"
"Goodbye"

"Its a boy!" Ziva announced to the group of NCIS employees gathered around her desk.

"Ziva do you know what you've signed us up for?"
"Tony he really needs our help, Abby's mums been sick, they're our friends"
"Ok,but i don't know anything about babies" Tony finally agreed

They got into Ziva red mini cooper and drove to Mrs Shuito's apartment.
"oh good your here, thanks soo much for doing this on short notice"
"wheres Bella?" Ziva asked
"She's sleeping through here" SHe said. SHe handed Ziva a loaded backpack and a fold up cot.
"here you are" Said Abby's mum handing the sleeping 10 month old to Tony"
"Bye Lynette" Ziva said
"good luck, call me if you need anything"
"We should be fine"

They walked down the corridor.
"Ziva can we please swap?" pleaded Tony awkwardly holding a sleeping bella in his arms
"why? your doing fine" Ziva said

THey got to the car and put Bella in the car seat.
"i think i'll drive" said Tony taking the keys. Ziva sat in the back with Bella.

10 minutes later they arrived at Their flat and Ziva scooped the sleeping child up in her arms, she looked so natural rocking the 10 month old in her arms.
"Tony can you get the cot?"
"sure"

When they got to the apartment Tony tried to set up the portable cot.
"here, take Bella" Said Ziva, putting Bella into Tony's Stiff arms "Tony relax, why are you so tense?"
"I don't know how to hold babies, Abby'll kill me if i drop her"
"Tony, relax, your not going to drop her, sit down if your so worried" Ziva assured him. She went over to the cot and easily popped it out, she got The backpack and looked inside.
"looks like Abby has written out some instructions"
"What does it say?" Tony asked handing Bella back to Ziva and taking the piece of paper.
"oh my god, she's like written a full blown schedule" Tony said astounded "6pm, prepare and feed her a bottle of 400ml of formula"
"well what are you waiting for?" Ziva said "its 5:50pm"
"What, how..."
"The formulas in the bag, they'll be instructions on the packet"

Bella woke up and she smiled at ziva.
"Zi, Zi" SHe said. Ziva smiled at her, she loved the sweet adaption Bella had made of her name.
"Hey Bella" Ziva said smiling. She bounced her up and down on her lap.

"here" said Tony handing Ziva a bottle
"thank you" said Ziva beginning to feed the bottle to Bella.

After her bottle Bella settled down quickly, Tony read her a story while Ziva rocked her to sleep. When she fell asleep Ziva lay her gently into the cot and pulled the blankets over her.

"She's so adorable" Said Ziva
"yeah, she's very cute"

Tony and Ziva went to sleep together on the couch spooning each other with Bella in the cot beside them.


WAAAA!!!!!WAAAA!!!!!

"i think Bella's woken up" Tony said
"really?" Ziva replied sarcastically
"Don't worry i'll get her" Said Tony
"Thanks"

Tony got up and picked up the 'instruction manual' Abby had left.

If she wakes up in the night, see if her Nappy/diaper needs changing, if the crying persists sing her a lullaby, if that still doesn’t work give her a small hot bath. In event of an emergeny cal 000 (911).

Tony picked her up from the cot, it seemed much more natural to him now.
"shhhh shhh" he whispered soothingly, SHe still didn't settle down, he didn't know how to change a diaper and he couldn't sing either so he gently tapped Ziva on the shoulder.
"Ziva?"
"yes?"
"i need help?"
"what happened"
"she won't go back to sleep and Abby's instructions say she probably needs her diaper changed"

Ziva got up and helped Tony change her diaper, she still wouldn't settle down.
"sing to her Zi"
"ok" said Ziva putting her back in the cot. Ziva sang a beautiful hebrew lullaby, which sent Bella to sleep in minutes.
"Ziva, did i ever tell you, that your voice is amazing"Tony said. Ziva smiled at him, he kissed her on the lips.
"I love you Ziva"
"I love you too Tony"
Chapter 2 : meeting Benji by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and Tony take Bella to McGee and Abby at the hospital and meet baby Benji.
Tony and Ziva woke up at 6pm and Tony went into the kitchen to make coffee. Ziva stayed on the Sofa and watched Bella sleeping peacefully.

"Tony, have you ever wanted kids?" Ziva asked
"Well yeah i love kids, i always thought i'd end up having some of my own" Tony said "what about you?"
"Well when i was in mossad, i didn't really have a choice, when you work there you can't have a family, but when i became an NCIS agent, things changed"
"So you do want kids?"
"yes i do, i love children", Ziva turned away awkwardly

Bella interrupted them.
"ZI! ZI!
"are you ready for breakfast?"
Bella nodded. Ziva picked Her up from the cot and help her on her hip.
"Tony could you get the yogurt out of the fridge?"
Ziva sat down and put Bella on her lap, spooning yogurt into her tiny mouth.
"your so good with babies Ziva" Tony said watching in amazement. Ziva smiled.
"i never used to be, i used to be soo awkward with babies, children as well, but just recently i....."
"your amazing Ziva" said Tony leaning forward to kiss Ziva
"Not in front of Bella Tony"
"awww"


"Its 9 Tony, we should probably take Bella into the hospital and visit Abby"
"Ok i'll just have a quick shower"

Ziva dressed Bella and they went down to the street, got into Ziva red mini-cooper and Drove off towards the hospital.

Ziva passed Bella to Tony and they walked into the hospital.

"Hey Abbs" SAid Dinozzo entering the room, Ziva pput a bouqet of black roses i the vase beside Abby's bed
"Where is he?" Ziva asked
"oh he's in the nursery, i'll go and get him" McGee said
"Hows Bella?" Abby asked putting her arms out for her
"mama"
"Bella sweetie, how are you, did you be good for Tony and Ziva?"
"She was great, she only woke up once, and i sung her a lullaby and she fell straight back to sleep"
"You would be such a great mum ZIva" Said Abby hugging Bella
"Maybe oneday" said Ziva smiling
"you to Tony, i thought you would be like so freaking out
"he was pretty good, he thought he would drop her" "but he didn't" Ziva added seeing Abby's worried face


"Here he is, Benji, Anthony McGee"
"you named him after me?" Tony said incredulously
"Well you are his godfather" Abby said smiling widely
"oh my god, thanks Probie, thanks Abbs, this is such an honour"
"Well Ziva is Bella's godmother so we had to be fair" Said Abby "would you like to hold him?"

Tony took Benji from McGee and rocked him in his arms.
"he's pretty good looking" SAid Tony looking at the chubby little face amoungst the blankets
"May i?" Ziva asked
"sure" said Tony passing him over to her
"he's adorable Abby!"
"i know, he's soo cute"



The next night



Tony and Ziva were lying beneath a sinlge sheet, it was a hot night and they couldn't sleep. Ziva was resting her head on Tony's chest and he had his arm around her.
"Tony do you think we might ever have a baby"
"yeah, of course, your the only person in the world i would dream of starting a family with"
"Yes, i would like to have a baby oneday too"
"You'd like one soon wouldn't you?"
"i would, but i'm not sure it will ever happen"
"why not?"
"When i was 16 i was in a motercylce accident and they said i might not be able to ahve children, they won't know for sure untill we try"
"Why don't we then"
"i'm afraid i won't be able too"
"Well don't be ZIva, i'll love you whatever happens"

They both undressed beneath the sheets and wrapped their arms around each other, making love.
Chapter 3 : Am I? by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva thinks she may be pregnant, is she?
Ziva woke up and felt Tony’s warm body beside her; she stroked her hand across Tony’s hairy chest.
“Morning Sweet cheeks” Said Tony rolling over to face her
“Good morning Tony”
“Do we have to go to work” Tony whined, putting his arms around Ziva.
“I do not want to go either Tony, but we have to”
“I guess” Said Tony

They pulled the sheets back, had a shower and pulled on some clean clothes.

Ziva made some French toast and Tony and her ate it in silence. They were both nervous, but Ziva most of all.

3 weeks later

“Ziva, I was wondering whether you’d like to go out to dinner tonight”
“Actually I do not feel very well”
“Please Ziva, I made reservations”
“Ok”
“Thanks” Tony said, leaning forward and kissing Ziva on the head “you go home if your not feeling well, I’ll pick you up at 7pm”
“Its ok, I feel better than I did earlier”

Ziva looked pale and suddenly she fainted, Tony caught her just in time.
“Ziva! Ziva!” Tony yelled
“Tony” she whispered quietly, eventually coming too.
“Ziva, it’s ok, I’m here” Tony said helping her too her feet “No arguing Ziva, I’m taking you down to Ducky”
“ok”

Tony and McGee supported Ziva, one on either side of her, to the elevator.
“Ducky, Ziva just fainted, I want you to check her out”
“Ok course Anthony” Said Ducky pulling up a few chairs around his desk “Ziva my dear take a seat ”
“How are you feeling Ziva?”
“Sick and Tired” Ziva replied hoarsely, Tony put his arm around her
“I think I’ll take a blood test” Said Ducky, taking a syringe from the top draw. Ziva flinched slightly as the needle entered her arm.
“I’ll send this to Abby and she’ll have the results by the end of the day”
“Thanks Ducky, I’ll take Ziva home”
“Very well Anthony, I dare say I’ll see you soon”
“Thanks Duck”

Tony helped Ziva to the car; he knew she wasn’t feeling well at all! She had never accepted any form of physical assistance ever before.

“Ziva, I’m really worried about you”
“Don’ be Tony, I will be fine”
“Are you feeling better?” Tony asked
“Yes I am” Ziva said, “I promise”

They arrived back at their flat and Tony walked with Ziva to the flat.
“I’ll be back at 6”
“Ok see you then Tony”

Ziva sat down on the couch and put a movie on.
“Bye” Tony said walking towards the door. He looked at his watch 2pm, only 4 hours to go, not long to plan something so big.
End Notes:
sorry for the short chapter, there is also a bit of a cliffhanger

sorry
Chapter 4 : Tony's surprise by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Tony has a surprise for Ziva, and she has one for him as well.
The first thing Tony did was triple check the reservations at the Hotel Grande.

Then he went back to his old apartment and picked up the small velvet box, concealed in a safe.

Then he dressed himself in his new suit, simple but sexy.

He drove to Ziva's House, a single red rose and a box of chocolates on his passenger seat. He got out of the car, picked up the rose and chocolates and walking to Ziva's door, his heart fluttering the whole way.

He knocked on the door, even though he had a key.
"Tony?" Ziva said coming to open the door
"Yes sweet cheeks" Tony replied

Ziva opened the door, she was wearing a black strapless dress that went to just above her knees. She had straightened her hair and had it parted to one side and was wearing stud earrings with large square diamonds in them. The earrings that Tony had given her on their first date.
"Ziva you look beautiful" Said Tony gobsmacked
"thank you" Ziva said "Where are we going?"
"You'll see, these are for you" Tony said passing her the rose and chocolates. She looked up and smiled at him.
"Ready to go?" Tony asked
"Yes"

They got into Tony's silver mercedes and Tony Drove towards the inner city, destination Hotel Grande.

"Wow Tony, this place is very expensive"
"Only the best for you Ziva" Said Tony extremely Cheesily

They sat down at their private table set away from the rest.

They ordered their meals and Sat waiting.
"Tony?"
"Yeah"
"Can i tell you something?"
"Ziva, i know this is gonna sound really rude, but can you please wait like 5 minutes, trust me, its worth it" Tony said. Ziva sighed, and she had just built up the courage to tell him.

Then suddenly 'Happy ending' Ziva and Tony's song came on. Tony jumped up and stood a few meters from their table, where everyone could see him. Then he got down on one knee.

"Ziva David, will you Marry me?" Tony said, opening the velvet box that contained a beautiful shiny silver ring with a lovely large princess cut diamond. Everyone in the rooms eye's turned. Ziva just looked into his eyes. She could see The hope, nervousness, excitement and anticipation.
"Ziva?"
"Yes Tony" Ziva said coming out of her Daze "yes i will"

Tony ran over to her and lifted her up in the air. HE slid the perfectly fitting ring onto her slender finger and wrapped his arms around her. The whole room clapped loudly and cheered, But neither of them were embarrassed.
"Ziva what were you gonna tell me before" He whispered into her ear as they walked back to their table.
"we are going to have a baby Tony"
"Oh my god, thats great Ziva" Tony exclaimed "You are so amazing"
"Your happy?"
"Ziva, babe, of course i'm happy"
"So am i"

They went back to their table. the cheering had died down and they could finally get to their meal. Ziva was looking at Tony, who appeared to be daydreaming.
"what are you thinking about Tony?"
"I'm the luckiest man ever, i'm engaged to the most beautiful, wonderful woman in the world and were gonna have a baby"

Ziva smiled, she'd been thinking along the same lines as well, life was perfect!
Chapter 5 : all was well by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
a chapter in the future of Ziva and Tony
"Eva, Come here" Tony called, slowly jogging down the hospital corridor
"Catch me daddy"
"No Eva, were gonna see Abby now you have to come here"
"NO!" said the rebellious 3 yr old, But Tony quickly ran after her and swung her up over his shoulder
"DAD, let me down" Eva cried out pounding her fists on her father back
"Will you come with me, to visit Aunty Abby?"
"ok, ok, lemme down"

Tony put his little girl down and took her hand.
"Come on, lets go"

He led her towards room 31 where Abby was sitting in the bed looking over at Ziva who was holding her bundle of joy, Zoe. McGee was standing proudly beside Abby and Ducky and Palmer where peering over her shoulder.
"Congratulations Probie" Tony said clapping mcgee on the back

Tony and Eva walked over to Ziva and Tony lifted his daughter up high so she could see.
"Abby is that what mummy and daddy's baby is gonna look like?"
"uh, something like that i guess sweety" Abby replied

Tony slipped his arms around Ziva and rested his hand on her slightly bulging abodomen. Now that he and Ziva has started a family, he would never look back, They loved it, and Eva was their pride and joy
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3185