Akiva (protect, shelter) by PenMaster
Summary: Tony and Gibbs must race to Iran to rescue Ziva from a camp of Mossad fugitives, who have been disowned by the agency, they believe holding Ziva hostage will help them seek revenge on Mossad and get high security Intel about NCIS.
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Jimmy Palmer, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Michelle Lee, Original character, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action, Character study, Drama, Episode Related, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
Pairing: Abby/McGee, DiNozzo/Ziva, Palmer/Michelle
Warnings: Drug use, Torture, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 8858 Read: 98055 Published: 06/06/2009 Updated: 07/07/2009
Story Notes:
A very realistic story. Not a fluffy happily ever after Tiva like my other fanfics. It is much more realistic and full of action. Please enjoy AND REVIEW!!!!!

1. Akiva (protect, shelter) by PenMaster

2. Chapter 2: I can't believe its her by PenMaster

3. Chapter 3 : Bringing her home by PenMaster

4. Chapter 4 : We need to talk by PenMaster

5. Chapter 5 : i found out i.......... by PenMaster

6. Chapter 6 : Whats lost is found by PenMaster

7. Chapter 7 : i can't believe it! by PenMaster

8. Chapter 8 : Back at the office by PenMaster

9. Chapter 9 : Accepting the truth by PenMaster

10. Chapter 10 : Room 46 by PenMaster

11. Chapter 11 : "Why, whats wrong?" by PenMaster

12. Chapter 12 : She looks like a.......... by PenMaster

13. Chapter 13 : 4 years later by PenMaster

Akiva (protect, shelter) by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Tony and Gibbs must race to Iran to rescue Ziva from a camp of Mossad fugitives, who have been disowned by the agency, they believe holding Ziva hostage will help them seek revenge on Mossad and get high security Intel about NCIS.
"Dinozzo pass the field glasses here" Gibbs requested. Tony passed over. Gibbs put it to his eyes and looked at the bustling camp in the distance.

FLASHBACK

Gibbs Tossed and turned, he hadn't slept though the night since him and his team had left Ziva behind in israel. His Gut had kicked in, he didn't have a good feeling. They hadn't been in contact with Ziva since then, 1 month ago. SHe'd promised to call Gibbs once a week, but she hadn't made a single call. Yet.



Gibbs phone began ringing and he sat up with a start reaching across to his bedside table to pick up his cellphone.
"Gibbs?" Ziva said timidly
"Yeah, Ziva whats up, why haven't you called"
"I need your help Gibbs, SOme ex mossad fugitives beat me, they drugged me and took me to Iran"
"What do they want?" Said Gibbs worriedly
"They want information about NCIS, i won't give it to them!"
"Ziva, i don't care about your pride, tell them what you need, i don't care, you need to stay safe"
"But.."
"No buts" Gibbs said firmly "where are you"
"In a small camp 100km north of Tehran"
"So you still have a photographic memory" Said Gibbs smiling as he remembered The many times Ziva had solved cases by memorizing number plates, appearances and faces.
Ziva laughed weakly on the end.
"I can not last much longer Gibbs, they were trained by the same people as me, i have no advantage, as soon as they have what they want from me, they will kill me, if i don't tell them what they want in time they will also kill me"
"Don't worry Ziva"
"Will you help me Gibbs?" Ziva asked weakly, sounding petrified that the ex mossad's would walk in at any moment. "Please promise me Gibbs"
"I promise Ziva, were coming to take you home"


The next morning.
"Dinozzo, pack your bags, we're heading to Iran" Said Gibbs heading up to Director's office
"Why boss, got a lead on the terrorist cell?"
"No, i got a lead on Ziva"

Tony stood shocked, he hadn't heard from Ziva since they had left her in Israel and then their words hadn't been pleasant. He'd sensed something was wrong, when she hadn't called any one from the team, not even her best friend Abby. Now his fears where confirmed.

Tony went home immediately and stuffed clothes and toiletries in his bag. He even packed the Toothbrush Ziva had left at her house, the night her and michael broke up. Tony had been there for her, they finally let into their feelings, but her and michael got together, they'd both known they loved each other but Tony let Ziva be with Michael, if thats what would make her happy then let her, he had told himself.

But it hadn't made her happy, michael was controlling and violent. When Tony had gone to Ziva's house, he'd met michael there. He had immediately assumed that Ziva was having an affair with the man and had attempted to kill Tony. Tony had just managed to shoot Michael Rivkin before he took a final shot. When Ziva had entered the room, she thought Tony had killed Michael out of Jealousy, to protect her, she was wrong, but she never gave Tony the chance to explain. They had barely spoken since.

END OF FLASHBACK


"I'm going in tomorrow DInozzo, every day we put it off, she's in more danger"
"I'm coming with you"
"No, she doesn't trust you yet, i can't take any chances, Sorry DInozzo" GIbbs says putting his hand on Tony's shoulder. "She'll forgive you Tony, give her time"

THE NEXT DAY

"Here you are boss, first class fake ID" Tony said "OR should i say Omid Abdo". GIbbs smiled
"Remember your my back up, i'll page you if i need help, if i do, get ur arse there quick we won't have much time and we'll be surrounded by ex-mossad operatives"
"Ok Omid" Said Tony
"See ya Tony"
"Gibbs?" Tony called out just as Gibbs was about to walk over the horizon
"ya"
"Good luck" Tony said awkwardly "bring her home safe"

Gibbs luckily knew some farsi (Iranian).
"Abha" Said Gibbs nodding to a few men as he entered the camp
"Esme chi hast?"
"Omid Abdo, To?"
"Zia" Said one man
"Aaron" said the other " chi kar miconi inja" (what are you doing here)
"To nemidoonee?" Gibbs said acting astonished
"na" Aaron said
"Farad Nouri co just"
"unja" said the man pointing towards a large tent
"Merci" Gibbs thanked them. He walked towards the tent, they knew Farad was the one in charge, he only had to convince Farad to let him stay the night.

They had a long conversation in the ten, Gibbs simply agreed with everything he said, he didn't understand most of it, thought he was persian so they didn't expect him to speak hebrew that well. And the others he had met outside the tent spoke farsi to him, but only because they had recognized him as a local, with his dyed skin and clothes.
End Notes:
A very realistic story. Not a fluffy happily ever after Tiva like my other fanfics. It is much more realistic and full of action. Please enjoy AND REVIEW!!!!!
Chapter 2: I can't believe its her by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
They finally spot Ziva in the camp.
Farad ordered GIbbs to sleep in a tent with some other male Iranians. There was a tent of women being kept for cooking and cleaning purposes next door. One of the men in the tent told Gibbs that a women would be bringing them a meal shortly.

GIbbs recognized the face of the women thats entered the tent. THose big brown eyes, , her hair wrapped in a scarf, half hiding her beautiful face. He knew he couldn't let the others in the tent know he recognized her. When Ziva came and served him a bowl of hot soup he winked at her and whispered Toda (hebrew for thank you). She nodded in acknowledgment. As she left Gibbs knew she had been beaten badly, she was limping and she had a bruise on her cheek. They needed to get her out of there, fast.

2 DAYS LATER

"Dinozzo" GIbbs whispered, barely audibly into his cellphone.
"Yeah Gibbs, whats up"
"The other night i identified Ziva as one of the women working in the kitchens, i need you to organize the helicopter to come in about 5km from here. then i need you to get 3 horses, strong ones, ones that can last long distances. Ziva and I will meet you behind the supplies tent at 0100 tomorrow morning"
"wher...."
"Just do it dinozzo"

Dinozzo had to entice a local women to gain use of her horses, but he did it, without getting too physical, They where tall and strong, and all light brown, to blend in with the landscape. Tony tipped his hat off then climbed astride the first horse, with much more ease than when he and Gibbs had gone horseback previously. He rode them back to his station and waited.


IN THE WOMENS TENT

The women were making their beds, ready for inspection. Ziva had packed most of her belongings in her bag neatly, but left a few out on her bedside table, so as not to arouse suspicion. SHe knew Gibbs was here, She knew she was going home.

Gibbs snuck around the back of the tent and Signaled for Ziva to meet him.
"Gibbs!" Ziva exclaimed Quietly
"Ziva, are you alright"
"I'll live" said Ziva smiling for the first time in months
"were getting you outa here 0100 hours, out the back of the supply tent, be there"

0100 HOURS OUT THE BACK OF THE SUPPLY TENT

"DInozzo, you here?"
"Right here boss" Said Tony emerging from the shadows, leading 3 saddled horses.
"Good to see ya Tony"
"How is she"
"She'll be fine now, were gonna save her from the worst of it" Gibbs told him. Tony sighed in relief.
"Shhh, i think she's coming" Gibbs said putting a finger to his lip. Ziva turned the corner and Ignored them, tipping a bucket of scraps into a huge garbage bin. She looked at Tony long and Hard.
"Tony?" Ziva said accusingly "why are you here!"
"To help Gibbs and help you"
"I don't need your help" Said Ziva angrily snatching the reigns of one horse from his hands leaving him with rope burn.
"nice to see you too" He said. He turned to Gibbs and handed him the reigns of another Horse. Ziva swung herself astride the horse, whispering encouragingly in its ear. She looked completely at home upon its back. Gibbs as well. Tony struggled a little to mount the horse, and he thought he saw a hint of a smile on Ziva's face, but then again, it might not have been.

"Quickly, to get away , or slowly so not to give ourselves up? Ziva enquired flatly
"quickly" Gibbs answered quietly "They don't have horses and it'll take them a while to get their cars from the sheds.

Ziva turned and spurred, GIbbs not far behind her and Tony surprisingly almost in line with Gibbs.

They got close to the helicopter, they could make it out in the distance, but then they heard a sound that made their hearts sink, the sound of engines speeding along the dirt. They urged their horses to go faster.

They reached the helicopter but the cars were not far behind them. Gibbs climbed aboard first letting his horse free, Then Tony, but Ziva's horse wouldn't come as close to the helicopter as the others, she dismounted but was struggling to make it to the helicopter ahead of the cars, Tony's heart was pounding. The helicopters engine began to spin and lift slowly off the ground as Ziva reached the door. It slowly Rose, Tony could see the fear in Ziva's face.
"Grab my hand!!!" he shouted, she hesitated "please Ziva, trust me" Tony begged

She grabbed his hand and he lifted her up into the moving vehicle. She looked at their hands, still holding each other and let go abruptly.
"Thank you Tony" she said slightly icily going to sit Beside Gibbs who looked into her eyes.
"Are you ok?"
Ziva nodded, Then turned to look out the window, a tear glistening in her eye.

She could not Tony the real reason she was so angry, she couldn't tell him her secret, she couldn't Tell Gibbs, could she?, She didn't want to tell McGee, but did she want to tell Ducky or Abby, she couldn't decide. It had taken her by surprise, she hadn't been prepared for what happened, she decided that there was plenty of time to think about it on the way home, yes now America was home and ISrael would be never again.
Chapter 3 : Bringing her home by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
They Finally Bring ZIva home after facing a wide variety of obstacles. Abby, McGee and DUcky are very pleased but what will Director Vance say?
The helicopter shook and began swaying, then was suddenly jerked to the left with extremely forceful impact.

"We're under attack!" The Pilot announced
"Quick everyone, get the parachutes!" Gibbs ordered. Dinozzo grabbed the parachutes from the overhead lockers and distributed them amongst the 4 people aboard. The Pilot put the helicopter in Auto and they all suited up and put Goggles on.

The Helicopter was hit again and They decided they needed to jump now.
"Ready?" The pilot called out
"Ready!" Gibbs replied
"Ready"Ziva said
"Ready" Tony replied

The leapt out of the plane with the wind whipping across their cheeks like ice-cold water. They could hardly breath for the force of the wind blowing upon their mouths.

They had been free falling for a short while when the pilot gave the signals to pull the parachute. They all tugged at their strings, Ziva, Gibbs and the pilot were jerked upwards by the force of their parachute but Tony's parachute hadn't popped up and he was still free falling towards the hard mountainous landscape below.

Then Ziva did an amazing thing, she adjusted her parachute and came rocketing down beside Tony and attached him to her safety gear. Then Pulled her parachute up just in time as their feet landed in a rocky clearing. She soon detached his body form hers and he stumbled onto the ground.
"Ziva, you saved my live" Tony Stuttered
"An eye for an eye a nose for a nose, yes?" Ziva said walking over to Gibbs and the pilot.
"Ziva" Tony whispered, she turned around.
"Thank you" Tony uttered. Ziva turned back around and continued walking towards Gibbs and the Pilot.

"SO where from here?" Ziva enquired
"Were taking a Jeep to Tehran, then flying back to DC via plane"
"Where is the jeep"
"here" said Gibbs pointing down the track where a jeep was driving towards them.

"Ziva your driving" GIbbs told her chucking the keys in her direction.
"me?"
"yeah, you gotta problem with that?"
"No, i am just surprised, that is all"

Ziva swung herself up into the jeep and revved the engine, Gibbs, the pilot and Tony climbed in as well.

2 HOURS LATER

"Ok Ziva, take a left, we'll call a cab from here"

Ziva took a left and they soon found themselves in the outskirts of Tehran.
"Here Ziva, you should wear this" Said Gibbs handing her a head scarf much like the one she had deserted before she boarded the helicopter. Ziva grimaced by put it on.
"Ziva, you should probably do most of the talking cause your almost fluent i only speak a few words"
"Boshei" ZIva said (ok)
"Ziva, first of all we need to ask a local where we can catch a taxi"
Ziva walked up to a local woman
"Abha" the woman said
"Abha, Esme man Saba hast" (hello my name is Saba). Ziva told the woman her name was Saba so that the mossad fugitives would have less chance of tracking them down
"Koja mitavanam taxi begiram?" Ziva asked
"unja" said the woman pointing to a shelter in the corner of a street not too far from them
"Merci" Ziva thanked

They walked towards the shelter, dodging speeding traffic as they crossed the road. There was a taxi parked there already.
"Taxi's do not just wait, they always have passengers, there are so many people in tehran, taxis do not just wait" Ziva said
"What do we do?"
"We wave down another Taxi" Said Ziva jumping out onto the road in front of a 2nd Taxi.
"quick get in" Ziva said ushering them into the taxi
"Airport, lotfan" Ziva said

The taxi sped off at 100km p/hr, jerking through the street taking sudden turns, Tony and Gibbs wouldn't have been surprised if Ziva told them this was where she had learnt to drive.

"merci" Ziva said as she got out of the car handing the driver a few paper notes.
"Merci" the driver said greedily eying the money in his hands

They checked in and went to sit in the airport, waiting for their flight to be announced.
"Dinozzo, get us something to eat" Said gibbs passing him a $50.
"Sure thing boss"

Tony went to the gourmet food bar and got 4 meals. When he got back he handed them out.
"Hey Gibbs"
"Ya"
"Maybe we should call DC and give them an update"
"or maybe we shouldn't Dinozzo, they'll find out when we get there early tomorrow morning, McGee's gonna pick us up from the airport

1 HOUR LATER

"Last call for flight XD12O"
"Thats us isn't it boss?"
"yep, lets go"

They strode through the airport to gate 9 where they boarded the QANTAS flight to DC.

"so who's sittin next to who, were in first class so it doesn't really matter" Gibbs said

ZIva felt like she sort of did want to sit with Tony, to talk over what happened, but she wasn't ready, not yet, so she sat next to Gibbs who she had always trusted and who was her friend even though she like Tony 10x more.
Chapter 4 : We need to talk by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and Tony finally say "we need to talk" even if it is by office messenger.
"Hey Guys" said McGee coming and taking the few bags they had and loading it onto the trolley
"Hello McGee" Said Ziva "How are you"
"I'm good, But, you don't look so good"
"Thank you McGee, you really know how to impress a woman" Ziva said. Tony laughed.
"She's got you there probie"
"You do not either Tony" Said Ziva giving him an icy glance.

"Gibbs, i need to do some shopping, i'll catch a cab back to NCIS when I'm done" Ziva said
"ok" Said Gibbs

1 WEEK LATER

Ziva had returned to work, now mostly being partnered with McGee or GIbbs, but never with Tony.

ZIVA WE NEED TO TALK. Tony Typed into office messenger
WE DID. Ziva typed back
NO WE DID'NT, YOU ASSUMED, WE NEVER TALKED Tony typed. he looked up and saw Ziva looking at her computer and then typing something else.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT?
YOU KNOW WHAT ZIVA, PLEASE?
FINE WHEN, WHERE?
THE ELEVATOR, 11PM TONIGHT
I WILL SEE YOU THEN

Ziva got up from her desk and left the building.


10PM NCIS

Tony arrived early, he carried a small table and 2 chairs into the elevator, then 2 glasses and a jug of water. It looked similar to when Abby had moved her office to the elevator.

Ziva arrived at the elevator, she had changed since he had last seen her, she had now blown her hair straight and was wearing skinny leg jeans, a white t-shirt and a black vest. She looks beautiful, Tony thought to himself.

Ziva walked into the elevator and looked at the table and chairs, Tony gestured for her to sit down and she did. then Tony pressed the emergency button on the lift and the doors closed, the lights went out and they were there alone.

"Ok Tony, I am giving you one chance to explain your side of the story, then you can ask me 3 questions, that is all, then i will tell you what happened to me and you may ask me 3 questions ok?"
"Ok sounds good"
"You may start"

"Well it all starts when you and michael went on a break, you came to my house and we you know"
"Had Sex?" Ziva supplied
"exactly, then when you wanted to get back with him, i didn't know why, whenever i saw you together you looked awkward and unhappy, i was worried about you" Tony said looking into Ziva's eyes.
"So i went to your apartment one night to see if you were ok, michael answered the door and when i told him my name was Tony he thought that i had been having an affair with you, so he pinned me to the ground and put him knife through my arm, it slit about 15cm altogether, but i managed to throw him off me and pin him against the wall, then he drew his gun on me, i knew he was shooting to kill, so i got him first"
"Why did you sink to his level Tony, why didn't you just shoot to injure, why did you kill him?"
"He would have killed me, if i had injured him he just would have been more angry at me, and came after me another time, when i wasn't expecting it" Tony explained " i Know you would have done the same thing in my position?"
"Yes Tony i suppose I would have" Ziva agreed
"Any more questions?" Tony asked eager for Ziva to tell her story
"Were you jealous Tony?" Ziva asked, staring him down
"Yes Ziva, i was jealous" Said Tony realizing it would do no good to lie "But that was not why i killed him"
"Thank you for being honest Tony, i do not have any more questions"
"Then tell me your side of the story" Tony said

Ziva took a deep breath, Tony was the first person she had ever told, how would he take it, would he be sad?, would he be angry, she didn't know.

"Well my story is the same as yours up until when i got back together with michael" Ziva said.

"You and I had been going out for 2 weeks and that was when i found out"
"Found out what?
"found out I........... TO BE CONTINUED
Chapter 5 : i found out i.......... by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
You finally fin out what Ziva found out

YAY!!!!
continued

"I found out i was...." Ziva hesitated "Please don't be angry i didn't tell you"
"i won't be angry Ziva, please tell me"
"i found out I was... pregnant" Ziva said emotionlessly looking at the ground. Dinozzo looked from her sad eyes to her abdomen. She shook her head and put her hand up for him to stop, she took a few deep breaths.

"That night when you went to my apartment, i was going there to tell michael" Ziva said "When your in Mossad you never really get the chance to live 'happily ever after', i never thought i would have children, now that i was pregnant i wanted to know what Michael thought"
"But The baby could have been my'n, couldn't it?" Tony said Softly
"Yes, but i guess i was hoping it wasn't because at least michael understood what it meant to have a family and be in Mossad at the same time"
"but you never got to tell him" Said Tony realizing Ziva's anger
"exactly, i never got to tell him, i was so angry because if i had got there first, things would have been so different, if he had wanted a baby we could have lived a good life together, had a family, i was angry because he would never know"
"What happened next"
"When You, Gibbs, Vance and McGee left me in Israel i couldn't tell my father, i wanted to tell you but my father had cut off all communications with you, and NCIS" Ziva relayed " i was vulnerable and some ex mossad officers came after me, i decided to go quietly, but they beat me when i wouldn't tell them anything about Mossad or NCIS, thats when i lost the baby" Ziva said tears glistening in her eyes. Tony put his warm hands around Ziva's which were resting on the table but she pulled away.
"Do you have any questions?" Ziva asked
"Was i the father?"
"I do not know, it could have been you or michael, i never went to the doctors so i do not know how many weeks i was exactly"
"if you found out it was mine, would you have told me?" Tony asked
Ziva hesitated
"yes"

Ziva got up and pulled the lever inside the elevator, the doors sprung open,
"Wait Ziva" tony called after her, she turned around
"What?"
"did you love him, did you love michael"
Ziva hesitated again
"Yes Tony i did" she said "at first"
"Ziva i hope we can still be friends"
"So do i Tony"

Ziva left and Tony watched her walking form the building onto the street and get into her red mini cooper.

"Sorted it out Dinozzo?" Gibbs asked stepping out of the shadow
"yeah boss"
"Good, now i can have my 2 best agents working together instead of apart"
End Notes:
I only just thought of what to write.

Sorry for the very short chapter but i would really like some reviews or comments so i can write the next chapter, cause i would love some of you guys ideas
Chapter 6 : Whats lost is found by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Is Ziva still pregnant?
"Tony?" Ziva whispered hoarsly in the phone
"Hey Ziva, whats up?"
"I feel really sick, do you tihnk you can come around?"
"i'll be right over"

Tony arrived at Ziva's apartment and saw Ziva sitting on the couch with a bucket. Just as Tony walked over to her she was sick in the bucket.
"Are you ok?"
"Yes i am" said Ziva sarcastically
"Sorry" Said Dinozzo with a laugh "How sick are you?"
"I feel exactly like i felt when.."
"when what?"
"When i had morning sickness"
"Maybe you should go to the doctor?"
"I will if i don't feel better tomorrow"
"I'll call GIbbs"
"why? i am still coming to work"
"Are you crazy Ziva?" Tony said "Your as sick as a dog"
"I am coming to work, do not argue with me Tony"

Almost as soon as they arrived Gibbs could Tell something was wrong with Ziva.
"David, go to the Dr, your sick, Dinozzo go with her"


Tony and Ziva sat nervously in the waiting room.
"Ms David" the nurse said "Dr Hansen is ready for you in room 12"
"goodluck Ziva" Tony said
"Aren't you coming with me?" Ziva said
"not unless you want me too"

Ziva elbowed Tony in the Ribs.
"I guess you do want me too"

They walked together towards room 12 and Sat down on the other side of the desk.
"Well, what seems to be the matter Ms David?"
"Well, i seem to be experiencing morning sickness"
"for how long?"
"the last few days?"
"have you considered you might be pregnant, have you taken a test"
"I can't be i lost a baby 1 month ago"
"have you had your period since then"
"no, i thought that was normal"
"Well i'll say this Ms David, you may have been expecting twins and you could have only lost one" The Dr Said "but to be sure i'll have to do an ultrasound"
"OK" said Ziva, her heart fluttering.

A nurse set Ziva up in the ultrasound room.
"This might be a bit cold, ok" the nurse said
"Ok" said Ziva, she was holding onto Tony's hand, squezing it hard because she was so nervous. She looked at their hands holding eachother and let go awkwardly.
"Its ok Ziva, you can hold my hand if you want" Tony said Smiling and Ziva obliged.

"Well Ms David it looks like you are 2 1/2 weeks pregnant" The Dr Announced
"oh my god" Ziva replied shocked "Tony, do you know what that means"
"your gonna be a mum?" Said Tony. Ziva elboqe him in the ribs again.
"No Tony" said Ziva "It means you are the father"

Tony's heart skipped a beat.
Chapter 7 : i can't believe it! by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and Tony realize that they will become parents, shortly afterwards they are called to an address where the alleged baby daughter of a navy Lt has been left in a basinet on the doorstep of an abandoned house.
Tony and Ziva Walked back to the car.
"I can't believe it Tony" Said Ziva, quite nervously
"I know" Said Tony putting his arm around Ziva "were gonna be parents"
"i am glad you are the father Tony" Said Ziva "You are going to be such a good dad"
"Your gonna be a good mum too Ziva"
"i am not so sure Tony, i Don't know what to do with a baby, i don't know how to look after one"
"and you think i do?" Tony pointed out "We'll figure this out.......together"
"Tony, honestly, i am not as excited as you, i am scared"
"Its ok Ziva, i'll be there with you the whole time" Tony said "and to tell the truth i'm scared as well"
"What of?"
"Stuffing up the poor kids life"
"you have nothing to worry about Tony" Ziva said "I already told you, you will be such a great dad"

Tony took the Ultrasound picture and proudly put it in his wallet.


THE NEXT DAY

"Dinozzo, David, get the van, meet me at 21 Cooper Place" Said Gibbs

"i wonder whats up?" Said Dinozzo and he and Ziva walked to the van"
"probably just a case" said Ziva "why are you wondering"
"He always gives us a rundown before be leave, he tells us who, what, you know the deal"
"i suppose, we'll just have to go there and find out"

They soon arrived at cooper Place, Gibbs was standing with his back to them talking with a middle aged woman. They got out of the car and wandered over to them. As they got closer they realized that Gibbs was nursing a small baby wrapped in soft yellow blankets.
"So when did you find her?" Gibbs asked
"This morning i woke up when i heard a car driving into the driveway next door" Said the woman " no one had been there in a month, at least", "By the time i had gotten dressed and made my way next door, the car wasn't there anymore and i found the baby in a bassinet on the front doorstep, with this letter and David Wilson Navy dog tags in her blankets" She said passing an envelope to Gibbs
"Have you read it?" Gibbs asked eyeing her suspiciously
"Yes of course, but there wasn't much in it, you see for yourself"

Gibbs unfolded the piece of paper in the envelope with gloves on.

Dear Dave

I am sorry, i can't look after our daughter, so i am leaving her with you in hope you will be a better parent than i could ever be.

I know you will protect her well.

Her name is Holly Isabella Wilson-Jones.
Please look after and when she is old enough tell her i love her

Love Katie (caitlin Jones)

"Did you know the names of the people that lived in the house"
"Yes. David Wilson, His wife Katrina and their 5 year old daughter Emily"
"So he cheated on his wife and then they disapeared and a baby, claiming to be his arrives on his doorstep a month after he moves out, yes?" Ziva said
"Yeah thats right" The woman said

"Gibbs, may i ask why we are investigating this?" Ziva asked
"because the baby was left with the dog tags of Navy Lt David Wilson" Gibbs said "Who has been missing and untraceable for the last month, whoever left the baby, knows where he is"

"here Ziva take the baby and got With Mrs Lawson she has some stuf from when her chidlren were young that we can borrow"
"Why do i have to take the baby?"
"because..."
"because i am a woman?"
"No because i told you too"
"But why do we need baby stuff anyway"
"because Ziva, we are looking after it untill we can find her mother or father"
"oh" Said Ziva. Gibbs put the small baby into her stiff awkward arms
"Ziva relax" Said Gibbs rearranging HOlly so she tucked into Ziva's arms neatly and comfortably.
Dinozzo was trying to hide a small laugh.
"Think you could do a better job Dinozzo?" GIbbs said raising his eyebrows
"No boss"
"Then Shut Up!"

Ziva carried the sleeping child into the house of Mrs Lawson house.

"i have a capsule somewhere here, the basinet she was left in was falling to pieces, i didn't want to pick it up in case she fell right through the bottom" She said in a friendly manner.
"Here it is" Said mrs Lawson taking a plastic baby capsule from a pile of junk in the garage of her house.
"Thank you"
"And here is a box of baby clothes and here is a small portable crib"
"Thanks"

"TONY I NEED SOME HELP HERE!" Ziva called out to her partner
"coming!" Tony said running in to help Ziva
"Can you carry this stuff to the car?"
"What, all of it"
"Yes tony all of it"
"fine, darling"

Tony left to take this stuff to the car.
"Are you and item?" Mrs Lawson asked
"yes" Ziva replied "Sort of"
"Do you have any children?" She asked as they walked to the car, Ziva glancing at the baby in her arms often to make sure she was ok.
"Um, well not yet, but we will in 6 1/2 months" Said Ziva
"Well goodluck dear, i can tell your both a good sort, you'll be good parents"
"Thankyou" Ziva told her "for everything
"its the least i can do" Mrs Lawson said taking Holly form Ziva and clipping her into the capsule and securing it into Gibb's car.
End Notes:
Please read and comment/review
Chapter 8 : Back at the office by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Gibbs finds out about Ziva and Tony's secret without them even telling him. Abby is excited about looking after baby Holly
Gibbs took Holly's capsule from the back of his car and made his way to the bullpen.

When he arrived Dinozzo and Ziva were sitting with their feet on their desk, Tony was throwing scrunched up balls of paper into a rubbish bin and Ziva was filing her nails.

"Dinozzo, David take the baby Down to Ducky, get her checked out, then get some DNA samples taken, get them to Abby and leave the baby with her" Gibbs ordered "McGee go down to Abby, fill her in and then once the Baby's there stay cause your gonna be their protection"
"Why do Abby and a baby need the protection of federal agents?" Ziva asked
"Cause the baby is in our protective custody ever since she is the only lead on the case and we need to protect her cause the person who seems to have got her father and his family might come back for her"

"here Dinozzo" Said Gibbs passing him the capsule, Ducky, now!"

Ziva and Tony walked through NCIS towards the elevator when Holly let out an almighty scream.
"What do we do?" Dinozzo said, trying to rock the capsule.
"I don't know" Ziva replied. She looked back at McGee who shrugged his shoulders and went back to his desk. Now almost the whole floor was staring at them.
"Pick her up Tony!"
"Why me?" Argued Tony. Ziva sighed impatiently and bent down to pick up the little baby from her capsule. She looked much more natural than the last time she held her. She brought her up close to her chest and whispered soothingly to her, gently rocking her.
"Shhh" She whispered. Holly soon calmed down and Tony and Ziva stepped into the elevator.
"That was amazing" Tony said
"I heard babies like to be able to hear your heart beating" Ziva said shrugging her shoulder "it calms them down"

"Anthony, Ziva, to what do i owe this pleasure" Ducky said as they walked in
"Well this is Holly, a neighbor found her in a basinet left on the front steps of the house next door, she had her alleged fathers naval dog tags in her blankets, Gibbs wants you to give her the all clear"
"Well pass her to me and i'll give her a check up" Ducky said, putting his arms out for the child, Ziva happily passed her over.

"Well she seems to be about 2 months old" Said Ducky bouncing her up and down "And perfectly healthy
"Gibbs also wants you to take a DNA test"
"very well, i'll draw some blood" Said Ducky "Anthony, would you come and hold her whilst i do it"

Tony went over and very awkwardly held Holly while Ducky drew some blood. She squirmed a bit when the needle went in but apart from that she was good.

"Here Ziva, can you please hold her" Said Tony Dangling her towards Ziva
"No way Tony, You can hold her"
"But you should practice Ziva"
"So should you"
"Sorry for interrupting but practice for what?" Ducky interrupted
"Uhh, well, ducky if we tell you, you can't tell Gibbs, or anyone else on the team"
"Very well Anthony, my lips are sealed"
"Ziva's pregnant and were gonna have a baby"
"Congratulations, ZIva and Anthony" Ducky told them "Your are going to be great parents"

Ziva smiled weakly, and looked at Tony who looked really happy.
"we better go and take her to Abby" Ziva said, and Holly began to cry loudly
"What do we do with her Ducky?" Tony asked, trying desperately to calm the baby
"Is she hungry?" Ducky asked "Does she need her diaper changed?"
"How am i supposed to know?" Tony said
"just take her down to Abby, she'll know what to do" Ducky told them "She loves babies"

Ziva and Tony took Holly down to Abby's Lab. mcGee was busily typing at the keyboard.
"Hey Guys" Said Abby spinning her stool around to face them " Oh my god, you've got a baby"
"Yeah Abbs, Gibbs said you have to look after her, her mother left her on the doorstep of an abandoned house with her alleged fathers dog tags in the blankets" Tony relayed for what seemed like the 100th time.
"She's so adorable" Abby said walking over and taking the capsule from Tony
"Ducky said you like babies and she has not stopped crying since we left DUcky" Ziva told her
"Does she need a bottle, or her diaper changed?" Abby asked
" Thats what Ducky said" Tony said "but we have no idea how we are supposed to know that"

"here Ziva, hold her and i'll nip up to the store and get some stuff" Said Abby excitedly
"I'll come too" said McGee going after her"
"This is so exciting" she squealed running out of the lab leaving Ziva holding the baby.

"Where's Abbs?" Gibbs asked coming into the lab with a few shopping bags
"She went to the shop to buy some stuff"

Gibbs reached into one of the bags and retrieved a bottle and some formula. He went over to the bench and mixed some up and poured it into the bottle.
"Here Ziva feed her this, she probably hasn't had anything to drink all day"
"What!" Ziva said "Why can't you do it"
"Because you need practice" Gibbs said seriously
"But.. Gibbs.. how do... who" Dinozzo stuttered
"Congratulations you two, next time something like this happens" Gibbs barked "tell me about it" and With that he walked out of the lab.

"What are we supposed to do now" Ziva moaned
"Feed her?" Tony suggested, looking at the little baby girl in Ziva's arms.
"How?" Ziva asked, annoyed.

Ziva looked down at the baby she was rocking gently close to her chest. She opened her mouth and closed it again like she was trying to drink from a bottle. Ziva lowered the bottle gently intp her mouth and she drunk away madly.

"She must be hungry!" Tony exclaimed
"here, you feed her now" Said Ziva taking the half finished bottle and handing it to Dinozzo. SHe picked up Holly underneath her arms and just as she was about to pass her to Tony she was sick all over Ziva's top.
"Great!" Ziva said sarcastically, handing the baby to Tony "I'm going home to get changed!"
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!
Chapter 9 : Accepting the truth by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva finally accepts that she's gonna be a mum.
Gibbs walked into Abby's Lab and Saw Dinozzo feeding Holly a bottle, he stayed at the door watching in silence for a few minutes before making his presence known.
"Dinozzo, i think your gonna make a great dad"
"Thanks boss" said Tony looking up and meeting eyes with Gibbs "It means allot to me"
"Wheres Ziva"
"HOlly was sick all over her so she went home to change" Dinozzo said "Do babies usually spue up on people"
"Yeah dinozzo" Said Gibbs "Allll the time"
"oh"

Ziva just walked back in through the doors changed into a white top and vest.
"Ziva, thank god your here" tony said "Can you hold her, please!"
"Why?, your going fine"
"Yeah but..." he looked towards gibbs and back to Ziva "I really need to use the little boys room"
Dinozzo fidgeted uncomfortably in his seat.
"Sure" said Ziva taking the 2 month old from Tony
"Thanks Ziva"
"sure"

"i'll leave you to it" Gibbs said "When Abby and McGee come back, leave the baby here and come up to the bullpen"

Ziva nodded. When Gibbs and Tony had left, Ziva sat down on Abby's armchair gently rocking Holly. The baby started to fidget uncomfortably and Ziva held her under the armpits and stood her up. HOlly began to smile and gurgle.
"Your a sweet baby" Ziva said Looking into the babies blue eyes. Holly started cooing. Ziva laughed and HOlly smiled again.

Ziva began bouncing HOlly up and down, thoroughly enjoying herself.

Maybe I can do this, Maybe i can look after a baby and be a mum, Ziva thought to herself while continuing to bounce Holly up and Down.

"Hey Ziva, hows it going" Tony called as he walked back into the room. Ziva wiped teh smile of her face and tried to pass Holly off to Tony.
"Hey there" Tony exlaimed " no way, your having your turn now.

"Hey Guys" Abby cried out walking back into the lab in her platform shoes "Hows the baby"
"Good" Said Tony. Abby took Holly from Ziva and cooed all over her.

"You seem to have it under control Abby" Said Tony "bye Probie"

Tony and Ziva walked back to the bullpen, arm in arm. Tony slipped his arm around Ziva's waist and onto her abdomen where their unborn child was growing.
Chapter 10 : Room 46 by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva goes into premature labor in the NCIS car park.
Ziva is 8 months pregnant.


"Do you need anything else?"Tony asked
"No, that is all" Ziva said on the other end of the line
"I'll pick some up on the way back from work, see ya soon"
"Love you Tony"
"Tony you too Zi"

"Dead marine, out at quantico"
"uh boss, how long do you think we'll be?"
"As long as it takes" Gibbs replied "got some where to be dinozzo?"
"No i.. just i.. i don't like to go to far away when Ziva's so close to her due date"
"Well are you comin or staying"
"I'll come" DInozzo said "For a little while at least"

it took almost an hour to get to quantico. The Navy officials had sealed off the area and were guarding the body. Ducky walked over and suspiciously eyed the body.
"Very strange"
"Whats strange ducky?" Gibbs replied
"There are no wounds, it looks like young palmer and i have a mystery to solve"
"He coulda been poisoned?"
"Maybe jethro, but we'll have to get this young man back to DC to do an autopsy before we can be sure of anything"

McGee was bagging and tagging the evidence and Tony was photographing the crime scene.

"Lets get back to DC" Gibbs announced, taking the keys form his pocket and striding towards the car.

An hour later they arrived back at the office.
"I'm heading home boss, gotta get some chocolate ice-cream for Ziva"

Tony walked down to the car park, humming the theme-song of scrubs when he saw Ziva's car in the car park. She got out of the front seat and walked towards Tony
"Hey Tony"
"What are you doing here?"
"Coming to see what happened to my chocolate ice-cream" She replied with a smile
"You shouldn't be driving" Tony told her, putting his arm round her waist and kissing her on the cheek "Lets get home"

Ziva's eyes widened
"Tony?"
"What is it" Tony said worriedly "Are you ok?"
"Tony my water just broke, I'm going into labor"
"But your only 8 months"
"It doesn't matter baby's have been born at 6 1/2 months and survived, it will be fine"

Tony looked down at the soaked pavement around them.
"Lets go to the hospital" tony said nervously leading Ziva to the car
"No Tony, lets go home first, i will not have the baby for a while, the Dr said that after the water breaks the baby can be born many hours later"
"Fine, but as soon as you need to go tell me straight away"
"OK Tony i promise"

They got into the car and Tony revved the engine. Ziva winced as her first contraction came, Tony gripped her hand tightly using the other one to steer out of the car park.Ziva had a another contraction and then another, they kept getting stronger.
"This is silly Zi" Tony eventually said "I'm taking you to the hospital"

Ziva didn't argue she just took deep breaths still clinging to Tony's hand.

They arrived at Bethesda Naval hospital and Tony helped Ziva to the reception.
"Hello how may i help you"
"I have just gone into labor"
"Well you take a seat over there and your husband can fill out these forms, we'll get you into a room as soon as possible"

Neither Ziva or Tony bothered to correct the woman, i mean they were practically husband and wife anyway.

"Ms David, would you like a wheelchair to get to your room?" the nurse asked kindly
"No i am Fine" Ziva said rising from her chair, She held hands with Tony and the nurse let them down a corridor to room 46.

Ziva got into the bed and Tony sat beside her.

"I'll send a Dr in to check on you in a minute" the nurse told Ziva "If you need anything press the button above the bed"
"Thankyou" Ziva replied

"This is it Ziva" Tony said, looking into her eyes
"I know Tony" Said Ziva as though Tony had pointed out something very obvious, which he had

"Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?"
"I think a girl" Ziva said with a smile
"I think a boy"
"You are hoping to thinking?" Ziva said raising her eyebrow.
"Actually Ziva, i don't care what it is as long as its healthy"
"Have you called abby or gibbs"
"Yeah, Abby's on her way"

Ziva rolled her eyes
"Brace yourself" Dinozzo said as a very bubbly Abby entered the room.
Chapter 11 : "Why, whats wrong?" by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
What IS wrong?????

Sorry for the short chapter
"oh my god this is soo exciting" Abby exclaimed running over to them
"Calm down Abbs"
"How can i Tony, this is our first NCIS baby!", ZIva smiled, then winced as another contraction came, she grasped Tony's hand and squeezed it until it was over
"Zi, do you think you could loosen your gri....." Tony saw Ziva icy stare "ooorrrr not"

"i got you a present" Abby said passing Ziva a big white box with dark purple ribbon binding it closed, ZIva lifted the lid and saw a little fabric doll with dark hair, and around 5 sets of clothes along with 1 baby sized outfit.
"I know you don't know the sex" Abby explained " But i think its a girl"

The Dr came back into the room and Abby left, taking up position on a chair outside the room, flicking through a book of baby names.

"Well Ms David your almost 8 cm dilated, we better get you into the delivery suite, Cindy, wheel her in"

Ziva tried to insist on walking but the nurse insisted not, they passed Abby on the way out.
"Good luck guys" SHe said giving them the thumbs up
"You know thats the rude finger in Iran?" Ziva commented smiling, Abby bit her lip "Well good luck guys, see ya soon, i'm gonna call everyone back at NCIS"

She flipped open her cell and dialed McGee's desk.

The nurse wheeled Ziva into a smallish room painted a nice green with white patterned curtains.

30 minutes later.....

"Ok Ms David, we need you to start pushing now" the doctor said " ok?"
"okay" Ziva replied

Ziva pushed squeezing Tony's hand like a stress ball, Tony stroked her hair, looking into her determined dark brown eyes.

"Ok The baby is crowning, a few more good push...." The Dr stopped mid-sentence, then urgently sent a string of medical terms to the intern beside her who rushed out of the room.

"Whats wrong?" Ziva uttered in a distressed Tone
"We think the cord might be wrapped around the baby's neck, we need to deliver it now, it's too late for a c-section"

Ziva had tears running down her face, not sad tears but worried and scared tears.
"Come on Zi, you can do this"
"Easy for you to say" she retorted

Finally the baby was born and Ziva leant back against Tony in exhaustion
"is it ok?" Ziva whispered to him
"Don't worry, it'll be ok"

"We're Sorry Ms David and Mr DInozzo but we had to take your daughter straight to ICU, she is having trouble breathing, but I'm sure she'll pull through and you can see her soon" The Dr said
"Its a girl?" Tony said
"Yes" She said and turned away following the nurse's and their Tony and Ziva's baby out of the room.

A nurse came and cleaned Ziva up and wheeled her towards a private room.
"Hey ZIva, whats up, whats the matter" Abby asked running up to them" Is she ok?"
Tony held his hand up to abby and continued to walk along beside Ziva's moving bed.
"Tony, When can we see her" Ziva requested letting her small soft hands be held by Tony's large warm ones.
"I dunno Ziva, soon" Tony replied, feeling terrified inside "Now we know he's a girl, what do you think we should call her?"
"I do not know, but i really want her middle name to be Tali, after my little sister"
"that sounds beautiful, i have a few ideas for first names"
"What are they?"
"Akeisha, Claudia, Ava, Eva, Vivienne, Zoe, Ariel, Lola and Alya"
"Thats a lot of names Tony, we only have one baby"
"I know, what do you think?"
"i Don't really like Eva or Zoe, i don't know about Ariel but the rest are nice"

At that very minute the Dr came into the room.
"How is she" tony asked immediately
"The cord was wrapped quite tightly around her neck when she was born but we were able to undo it shortly after birth and since then we have stabilized her breathing pattern, would you like us to bring her in to you?"
"yes please" ZIva replied anxiously

the nurse wheeled in a small crib where a small yellow bundle was squirming around. Tony went over to the crib and gently lifted out his little daughter, and looked down at her pink little face. She had Green eyes, like his but brighter, but a face like Ziva's and a small amount of thick dark hair.

then he passed her over to Ziva who smiled as she pulled the soft blankets away from her pink little face.
"Do you think she fits any of the names you suggested?"
"Yeah i think she looks like a ..................
End Notes:
A chapter full of suspense!! :D
Chapter 12 : She looks like a.......... by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and Tony, finally name their baby
"Yeah, i think she looks like an Ava, no a Claudia, i can't decide" Tony Replied " You choose Ziva"
"Well i Like the name Maea, i know we have not discussed it, but i Like it, and we could always have Ava or Claudia as her middle name" Ziva suggested
"I Like May too, How about Maea Claudia Tali DInozzo-David"
"It is a mouthful"
"But we like it, don't we?"
"Yes, i do"
"Then lets invite Abby in to see her new niece little Maea?"
"Yes ok"

Tony went out into the corridor where he found a distressed Abby, being comforted by McGee who was staring at Gibbs who was pacing the corridor and Palmer and Ducky were playing a game of cards, palmer staring at agent Lee who was reading a book out of the corner of his eye.
"How is she Tony, are they both ok" Abby asked almost in tears
"They're gonna be fine, she was born with the umbilical cord around her neck which hindered her breathing but she's fine now, would you like to come in and meet her?"
'Are you kidding"

The rest of the team had now gathered outside Ziva's room, a cross nurse came over.
"The woman's just had a baby fro Christ's sake, 2 at a time", then she stormed off
"Well Abby, you can come first and..." Tony looked from GIbbs to McGee " And McGee"

McGe looked stunned and slightly nervous, Tony put his hand on his shoudler.
"Come on Probie"

They went in nad Ziva was holding little Maea close to her chest rocking her gently to and fro.
Tony went over and prised the Tiny baby from ehr mothers arms and walked proudly over to Abby and McGee.
"I'd like you to meet, our little girl Maea CLaudia Tali DInozzo David"
"Thats a long one" McGee said with a smile
"A beautiful one" Abby said almost squeling "Can i hold her Tony, Pleeasse?"

Tony nodded and Abby scooped up the sleeping baby into her arms and saw her little pink face.
"She's almost exactly like you Ziva?"
"Exept 27 years younger" Ziva replied
"exactly!"
"Shhhh" Tony warned putting a finger to his lip
"Sorry" Abby whispered back
"McGee, wanna hold?" Tony asked
"eerr no its ok, Abby Seems to be enjoying herself"
"Why mcgee, are you scared you'll drop her?" Ziva said
"no, i i well, yes"
"Well sit down mcgee, problem solved yes?"
"Ok, fine"

McGee sat down in the comfortable armchair beside Ziva's bed and Tony put Maea into HIs arms where he held her gingerly.
"See, not so bad probie, now get outa here so Gibbs can come i, you too Abbs"

Abby sighed and left the room with McGee, leaving Tony holding his little girl proudly, sitting on the bed beside Ziva, her head leaning against his shoulder.

"congratulations" Gibbs said emotionlessly entering the room
"Thanks" Tony said "Wanna hold?"

Gibbs took Maea and rested her in the nook of his arm.
"She looks like you ZIva" " luckily" he added
"Hey!!"
"quieten down ' Dinozzo"
"Sorry boss"
"SO Ziva, when are you gonna come back to work?"
"Well i think i'll take 1-2 months off then maybe come back and bring her with me and do desk work for a few months, then she can go to NCIS daycare and i'll come back fultime"
"ok, how about you dinozzo"
"i was gonna take 3 weeks off"
"See ya then, i'll send Ducky and Palmer in then?"
"Sure thing"

Ducky sand palmer walked into the room and Ducky went straight over to Ziva, Tony and the baby and Palmer followed closely behind. Tony passed the baby over to Palmer first while Ducky struck up conersation with Ziva.
"So how are you feeling?"
"I am good, how are you ducky?"
"i'm fine, very good" He replied "Does your little girl have a name yet?"
"Yes Maea claudia Tali Dinozzo David" Ton recited
"She beautiful" Palmer complimented passing her over to Ducky
"Yes indeed, very nice features and beautiful eyes, thought they will become less bright as she grows older" Ducky commented "Congratulations both of you"
"thankyou"
"Well we better let you get some rest, i'm sure we'll see you again soon, goodluck"

Ducky and palmer left and only agent Lee was left, she looked shifty and kind of nervous.
"Michelle, are you ok?" Ziva asked
"oh, i just i'm not much of a baby person"
"Well i'm not either and i'm her mother" Ziva said smiling "you don't have to hold her"
"No, its ok i will"

Tny handed her the baby and she commented on her good looks like everyone else.

"Well having a goodlookin kid was unavoidable with US as the parents" Tony said grinning widely, Michelle smiled, said goodbye,then left.

"we're soo lucky" Tony said passing Maea abck to Ziva and putting his arms around both of them " i Love you Ziva" Tony said, Maea let out a cry " i love you too my angel" , her cries softened to a stop as Ziva rocked her gently and tony stroked her head. " i Love you Tony, Maea as well, i am the luckiest woman alive"
Chapter 13 : 4 years later by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
A flash forward into the life of the DInozzo-David Family 4 years after Maea's birth.
4 years later

"MAea!" Abby called up the stairs "Where are you?"

an energetic 4 year old came bounding down the stairs her dark curly hair flowing behind her.
"Slow down MAe" Abby warned "you could hurt yourself"

Abby took her hand and led her into the lounge room Where McGee was playing on the Wii.
"Hey Abbs" he said pausing the game "Hows it going MAe?"
"I'm good" she replied "When are mummy and Daddy coming back from the hosital"
"Daddy's just gone to get mummy and your little brother now, they'll be home soon" Abby informed her
"Good" SHe said "i missed mummy"

They heard a car pull up in the driveway and the doorknob turning. Maea leapt up from her seat and ran to the door. She saw her mother standing holding a tiny little blue bundle carefully in her arms, she grabbed onto her mum's arm and tugged on it.
"Mummy!, i missed you heaps"
"I missed you too baby" Ziva replied, passing her baby over to its father and taking her daughter i her arms. "Where you good for aunty abbs?"
"Yep, we had heaps of fun"
"Thats good" Ziva replied "Would you like to meet your new little brother?"
"do i have to?" she replied "I wanna play with aunty abbs"
"I'd really like it if you met him first sweetie"
"ok" she said dully

Ziva put Maea down and took the baby back from Tony, then bent down to Maea's level.
"This is your new brother Liam" Ziva said, Tony knelt down beside her " be gentle sweetie, you can touch him if you like"

SHe put out her hand and took his. "Mummy, how come his fingers are so tiny?"
"He was only just born a few days ago, your fingers were tiny when you were a baby"
Where they that tiny?"
"Smalled than his"
"Really?"
"ahuh" Tony replied "Do you like him?"
"i guess, can i play with aunty Abbs now?"
"Sure"

Ziva looked worriedly at Tony.
"Don't worry, she'll get used to him, she's probably jealous, you go and play, i'll sort out Liam"
"OK" ZIva replied kissing Tony on the cheek and following Abby and Maea up the stairs.

Tony look down into the dark brown eyes of his only son, they were almost identical to Ziva's, he has the most wonderful woman he could hope for and 2 great kids, as far as he was concerned, he was the happiest man in the world.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3190