Taken by mcgeekfreak
Summary: When Kate is kidnapped, some feeling surface. Sorry, I suck at summaries!
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Action
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3971 Read: 2567 Published: 08/02/2009 Updated: 08/02/2009
Story Notes:
second fanfic, this one came entirely from my imagination. Please rate and review!

1. Taken by mcgeekfreak

Taken by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
When Kate is kidnapped, some feeling surface.

Sorry, I suck at summaries!
Taken
By: Mcgeekfreak

1:
“How do you not know what Wicked is Probie?” Tony asked is disbelif.

“I don’t know what it is DiNozzo.” Mcgee replied focusing on his work.

“No seriously how can you not know...”

“Not know what, DiNozzo?” Gibbs asked coming into the bull pen.

“Mcgee dosen’t know what Wicked is boss.” Tony answered.

“Well, I don’t know what it is either.” Gibbs answered sitting down.

“Well, it’s a remake of the classic The Wizard of Oz, fantastic...” Gibbs gave Tony one of his famous sares. “Shutting up Boss.” Tony said sitting down.

“Anyone seen Agant Todd?” Gibbs asked both of his agents.

“Nope.” Mcgee answered without looking up.

“Sorry, boss, haven’t seen her.” Tony aswered.

“Dinozzo, call her cell, Mcgee, call her at home. I’m going for coffee.” Gibbs comanded. Mcgee and Tony hurried to follow orders as Gibbs walked away.

3 hours lator.

“Hey, Kate, DiNozzo again, just calling to see where you are, Gibbs is really pissed. hope you come in soon.” He hung up. “Okay Probie, now I’m worried. She would have at least called by now, wouldn’t she?”

“Yeah, she would, I wonder...” Mcgee was interuppted by Abby rushing in.

“Gibbs, Gibbs!” she called, “Where’s Gibbs?” she demanded. She looked upset.

“Right here, Abbs, what’s up?” Gibbs asked, walking into the bull pen.

“Listen to this.” she said, putting her phone on speaker and replayed a message. A minipulative voice came out of the speaker. “I have taken Special Agent Caitlin Todd. If you wish to see her again, you will do exactly as I say. Oh, and agent Gibbs, I’ll call you directly next time, not Miss Scuito.” then, the voice hung up.

“Oh god. Ari’s got Kate.” Tony said, a little teary eyed. Abby had lost it and was crying into Mcgees shoulder.

2:
She woke up. Her head was pounding. She couldn’t see. She tried to feel around her, her hands were tied. she brought both of the up to touch her eyes, they were taped shut. She carefully pulled off the tape, and opened her eyes. She still couldn’t see, it was pitch black. she felt around again. SHe was sitting on a stone floor, her hands and feet bound, and with tape over her mouth. She couldn’t remember a thing that happened. All she knew was that she had been kidnapped.

She began to pull at the ropes that bound her wrists as best as she could. Eventually she slipped them out of the binding, untied her ankles, and removed the tape from her mouth. She stood up, felt dizzy, and fell down again. She tried to relax, but at the moment she was facing her two biggest fears, the fear of being taken and her fear of compleate darkness. She felt around for somthing, andything, a flash light, a peice of paper, anything. Soon she found her purse, she could identify it by the texture, soft leather, the one Tony had given her for Christmas last year. She dug through it and found the little flashlight she kept in it. Switching it on, she saw that she was in a small room, maybe ten by ten feet. “Oh, god.” she exclaimed, thankful to hear that she could still talk. It was good to hear some sort of noise. She began to dig through her purse, her cell phone was gone, but she had some gum, some scrunchies, a couple of mints, some paper, and many pens. Then, she checked the secret compartment of her purse, the one she had put in herself. Everything she had stashed in it was gone, her gun, her extra cell, everything.

“Oh god.” she said again. “What am I going to do?” she curled up into a ball on the floor, and began to cry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Boss?” Mcgee looked at Gibbs. He hadn’t said anything, hadn’t given any orders, he was just silent.

“Gibbs?” Abby looked at him, scared. “Gibbs, say somthing, tell us what to do.”

“Sorry boss.” Tony said and slapped the back of Gibbs head. Mcgee and Abby were shocked and backed away slowly. Gibbs, stood up, looked Tony striaght in the eye and said, “Thanks Tony.” He walked into the middle of the bull pen and began to give orders. “Abby, try to trace the call. Mcgee, DiNozzo, with me.” He began to wlak out. Tony and Mcgee grabbed their gear and followed Gibbs out.

“Where we goin’, boss?” Tony asked.

“Kate’s apartment, DiNozzo.” Gibbs replied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate had been crying for what felt like days, until a little shaft of light came from one of the walls. She assumed that is was a slot in the door. “Caitlin, come and get your dinner.” a minipulative voice called.

“Ari.” She sat up, “I should have know you were behind this. Let me go!”

“Not likely, you see Caitlin, I need you to stay here, be the bait for Gibbs. He’ll come her to save you, and that’ll be the last thing he ever does.” Ari said, he closed the shaft and walked away.

“No!” Kate shouted, running up and beating on the door. Ari smirked as he walked away down the hall.

3:
“Wow, this place is so clean.” Tony exclaimed as he walked in. “I mean, if someone were to take Kate, I would have expected the place to be a mess, from the struggle Kate would put up.”

“Especially if it were Ari trying to take her.” Mcge stated as he walked in.

“Maybe he surprised her as she walked in.” Gibbs said, “DiNozzo, start looking around, Mcgee, finger prints.”

“Why do we need finger prints if we all ready know...” Gibbs gave Mcgee one of his stares and he began to look for finger prints.

Tony walked around the apartment. It was a nice apartment. He remembered always daydreaming about what Kate’s apartment had looked like, wanting to see her bed room, wanting to be in the bed room with her. But that might never happen. He slapped himself in the back of the head. ”Stop thinking like that, DiNozzo, Katie’s gonna be fine.” Gibbs had walked up when Tony had slapped himself. “Everything all right, DiNozzo?” he asked.

“Yeah, fine boss.” Tony replied, and continued to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“What’s gonna happen to me?” Kate wondered through her tears. She began to talk a loud, having a voice there was comforting. “I wonder what the team is doing, do they even know that I’m missing. Of course they know, what are you saying. I wonder how there holding up. Abbs is probably a nervous wreck. The rest of them are probably keeping heir cool. I wonder if Gibbs is even worried. DiNozzo probably doesn’t even care. What am I saying, of course he cares! Well, not the way I care about him. Man, I wish that he cared the way I care about him.”

There was another knock at the door, and the shaft of light appered again.

“How are you doing Caitlin?” It was Ari again. This time he opened the door and entered the room. “I see you worked your way out of your bindings. Here’s your only warning, if you attack me, I’ll kill you.” He gave her a look to show here he was serious. She sat down and tried to ignore him. “I am going to call Gibbs, when he answeres talk.” He dialed the phone and put it on speaker.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The team had been back at head quaters for about an hour. There was no evidence at Kate’s apartment, except for Ari’s finger prints on the door knob. Gibbs was sitting at his desk, face in his hands. His phone rang, it was Ari. He told Mcgee to start a trace and answered. “Gibbs.” he said.

“Gibbs!” he heard Kate shout from the other line.

“Kate! You all right?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine, except for being kidnapped by Ari.” she answered, her voice was shakey and he could tell she was scared.

“Don’t worry Kate, we’ll find you.”

“Well Gibbs, it seems you care a lot for this agent.” Ari began to talk.

“I care for all of my agents.” Gibbs answered.

“Well, do what I say, or you’ll never see her again.” Ari began.

“What do you want.” Gibbs growled.

“I want one of your agents dead, and no it’s not Kate. I’ll get what I want.” he hung up.

“Boss, he’s in an abandoned hotel in Virginia.” Mcgee said.

“Let’s go!” GIbbs shouted as he left, Mcgee and TOny following him.

“Kate, if your alive, I swear I’ll tell you how I really feel.” DiNozzo promised himself as he left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ari Hung up.

“Which one of us do you want dead?” Kate asked as Ari began to leave.

“Well, originally, I was going to kill Special agent Gibbs, but after hearing the conversation you had with yourself I think I’ll go after
Special
Agent
Anthony
DiNozzo.” He said and he left.

“No, no not Tony!” Kate shouted, begining to cry again. “Tony, I swear, if you make it out of this, I’ll tell you how I really feel.” and with that promise, she fell into an uncomfortable sleep.

4:
The car ride to the hotel didn’t take long, but to Tony it felt like twenty years had passed. “I swear, if he hurt her...” Tony would continuosly then trail off.

“Tony, she’s gonna be fine.” Mcgee reassured him after he had trailed off for the fifth time.

“How do you know that Mcgee, can you see her!” Tony yelled at him. He recived a slap on the head from Gibbs, which he thanked him for, and he fell silent again.

“Boss. Kate will be okay, right?” Mcgee asked, his voice full of worry. Gibbs didn’t answer, he just kept his eyes on the road.

They reached the hotel only an hour after they left, it would have normally taken two hours to reach it, but Gibbs was driving so enough said. They broke through the front door, guns drawn. “Mcgee, to the left, DiNozzo center, I’ll take the right.” Gibbs commanded and they fanned out and started screaching for Kate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate woke up to the sound of a door being broken down. She could hear somone giving commands, then, she could hear someone running down the hall. She began to bang on the door, knowing that it was Gibbs, or Tony, or Mcgee. “Hey!” she shouted, “Hey I’m in here!” She continued to scream and bang on the door.

“Kate!, Kate you in there.” It was Gibbs, he was on the other side of the door.

“Gibbs!” she shouted in delight.

“Stand back!” he ordered and she did. He broke down the door and rushed in. He grabbed Kate and held her in his arms for a moment.

“Gibbs, Gibbs, Ari...” He cut her off.

“Yeah, I know Ari did this, don’t worry, your safe.” Gibbs said, letting go of her.

“But Tony’s not!” Kate shouted and took off running down the hall. She didn’t know how, but she knew exactly where Ari was, and she was going to stop him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“There you are Anthony.” Ari said quietly to himself.

“Kate! Kate, where are you!” Tony shouted. He was in a large hall, it looked like an old ballroom.

“Say goodbye to your life Anthony DiNozzo.” Ari said, again quietly and to himself. He raised his gun and pointed it at Tony.

“No!” Kate shouted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Huh?” Tony heard Kate’s voice and turned around just in time to see her tackle Ari to the ground. He heard a lot of pucnching, and then he heard a single gun shot and Kate shout out in pain. “Oh my God! He shot her!” Tony thought. He continued to hear punching, then there were two more gun shots, and everything was quiet.

5:
“Kate!” Tony shouted, he ran up the staircase that led to the ledge where Ari almost shot him. “Kate!” Tony saw her, she was laying on the ground, bleeding. Ari had shot her, but Kate had shot him to, twice in the chest. Gibbs checked for a pulse. “He’s dead,” he announced. Gibbs had turned to look at Kate, Ari had put one bullet in her side. Tony was kneeling over her, hands putting pressure on the wound.

“Katie, Katie say somthing. Please say somthing.” He begged. By this time, Mcgee had joined them, and was shocked to see Kate on the ground. He came over to sit next to her, on the opposite side of Tony. Gibbs joined them, sitting next to Tony. “Katie, please...” Tony begged once more, wanting her to say somthing, wanting her to tell him she was going to be all right.

Mcgee checked her pulse, “Boss.” he said. Gibbs went to check it too, it was slowing, Kate was dying. Lucky for them, Gibbs had called an ambulince when they had left. It had been following them to the hotel. The paramedics arrived, and loaded Kate onto a geurny to put her in an ambulence. “Tony, ride with Kate, don’t let her out of your sight.” Gibbs comanded.

“I won’t Boss.” Tony replied, and sat down in the ambulence with Kate. The paramedics shut the door, and the ambulince took off. “C’mon Kate. Please.” Tony begged once more. A tear feel down his cheek. He had begun to cry, he never cries. He would normally scold himself for this, but this time, he let the tears come.

“Tony...” Kate managed to say.

“Kate!” Tony said in surprise. He kissed her forehead.

“Tony...” she said again, he realized that she wasn’t awake, she was dreaming. “Tony, c’mon Tony, wake up. Your gonna be okay. You won’t die, you can’t die. You can’t leave me, I love you.” she murmmered. Tony stared at her face in disbelief. She loved him. He bent down, kissed her forehead and whispered, “I love you to Katie.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they reached to hospital, Kate was put into immideate surgery. Tony wasn’t able to go into the operating room with her, so the docors led him to the observation platform.

“Hey, how’s she doing?” Mcgee asked as he entered with Abby, Ducky, and Gibbs.

“Um, she lost a lot of blood, they won’t know until after the surgery.” Tony answered, never taking his eyes off of Kate.

“How are you doing, Tony?” Abby asked as she came over to him.

“Not the greatest Abbs.” he answered. Looking at his face, Abby could see that he had been crying. Abby gave him a hug, and led him over to one of the benches to sit down. Tony looked at the faces of his friends, he could tell Mcgee had been crying, Abby still had tears in her eyes. Ducky, well he was crying a little bit and Gibbs, Gibbs hed left the room. Tony saw him walk out and chased after him.

“Boss.” he called as he caught up to Gibbs.

“Tony, I thought I told you to keep an eye on Kate.” was the only thing he could say.

“You should be in there too Boss. Kate would want you to be.” Tony replied.

“I can’t Tony, Damnit I just can’t!” Gibbs was beginning to lose it.

“Boss, no one will think less of you if you cry. C’mon.” Tony said as he led Gibbs back the the observation platform. When they walked in, Abby could see the tears forming in Gibbs eyes. “Oh, Gibbs.” she said, running over to him and wrapping him in a hug. Tears began to fall down his cheeks. He gave Tony a look of gratitude, and Tony just nodded his head.

7:
“Excuse me.” a nurse said as she walked in, “Are you the friends of Caitlin Todd?”

“Yes we are.” Gibbs answered.

“Okay, well her surgery went well, she lost a lot of blood and she’s on an IV. She asleep, but if you’d like to see her...”

“Yes we’d like to see her.” Gibbs interupted.

“Then she’s in room 102.” The nurse finished as Tony brust out of the room, the others were going to follow, but Gibbs held them back. “Let Tony have some time alone with her.” he said, but he called Tony. When Tony answered Gibbs told him to call when he was done talking to Kate.

“Okay Boss. And Boss, thanks.” Tony said as he hung up. He knew Gibbs knew how much he cared for Kate, and he also knew that by letting Tony talk to Kate alone first, that he was going to screw rule #12 and let Tony and Kate be together, that is if Kate wanted to be with Tony.

Tony entered her room silently. She looked so small, laying in that bed weak and injured. “Hey, Kate.” Tony said as he walked in and sat down next to her. He took her hand and squeezed it lightly. “Well, you did it, you killed Ari, and saved my life in the process. I owe you for that one.” he smiled. “The doctors said your gonna make a full recovery. You’ll be able to work with us still. God Kate, I wish you were awake there’s so much I need to tell you.”

“Who says I’m not awake.” said a weak voice. Kate slowly began to open her eyes. She smiled at him, one thing she had never done before.

“Kate!” Tony said in surprise, and before she could object, he wrapped her in a hug. Instead of pushing him away, Kate had hugged him back. “Kate, I need to tell you. I...”

“I need to tell you somthing first. Tony, I love you.” she said, looking him straight in the eye.

“I know.” Tony replied.

“How?” Kate asked. “Is it that obvious.” she thought.

“Because I love you too, and you talk in your sleep.” Tony replied. Kate smiled at him, and he smiled back. Then , he leaned in and kissed her, not strongly, but softly on the lips, to let her know he was serious. She kissed him back, and when they pulled out of it, he held Kate in his arms, never wanting to let her go. “Should I call the others, to tell them to come and see you?” He asked her.

“Yes.” she answered, and he dialed Gibbs. “Tony, you should probably back off a little bit. You know rule #12.”

“It’s okay, GIbbs all ready knows.” Tony replied, “He’s fine with it.”

“Wait what? How?” Kate asked, really confused.

“He saw the way I looked at you when I saw you were shot and dying.

“Kate!” Abby squeled as she ran into the room. She was relieved to see her friend awake. She ran up to her and wrapped her in a giant hug.

“Good to see you too Abbs.” Kate said gasping for air. When Abby released her, Kate began to stand up.

“Katie, what are you doing?” Tony asked, trying to get her to lay down.

“Tony, I can stand, I want to stand.” She said, continuing to get up. Tony decided not to fight her, and instead to help her up. Kate was right, her legs were sturdy, she stood up, and had perfect balance. “Abbs, where’s everyone else?” She asked, now realizing Abby was the only one who had come to see her.

“We’re right her Kate, Abby ran ahead as soon as she herad Gibbs answer his phone with a ‘DiNozzo’.” Mcgee said as he entered the room.

“Mcgee!” Kate said, walking over to him to give him a hug.

“You really shouldn’t be out of bed my dear.” Ducky had followed Mcgee in.

“So what Ducky, I’m strong enough.” she said as she gave him a hug.

“Becoming more like me everyday.” Gibbs said as he entered the room.

“Hey, Gibbs.” Kate said, holding back on hugging him.

“What, I don’t get a hug.” He said coming over to hug her. Kate hugged him back. It was a nice, but akward, touching moment. When Gibbs released her, she walked back over to stand in front of Tony. Tony wrapped his arms around Kate, letting her lean back into him and relax. Everyone turned to look at Gibbs.

“Why is everyone looking at me?” Gibbs asked, a little annoyed.

“Rule #12.” they all said in unison.

“Rule #12 says that romances between agents never works, it never says anything about relationships.” Gibbs replied.

“Well in that case.” Tony said, and he whispered somthing into Kates ear. Kate than whispered somthing back to Tony.

“C’mon guys, what are you saying?” Abby asked, excitment in her voice.

“I asked Kate to marry me.” Tony said.

“And I said yes.” finoshed Kate. After many rounds of congradulations, a nurse came in and told every that Kate needed to rest. After saying goodnight, everyone left, except for Tony who laid down next to Kate.

“Tony.” Kate started.

“Yes Katie?” Tony asked.

“I love you.” she answered, leaning imto his chest.

“I love you too.” he replied, but she was all ready asleep. Tony kissed her hair, and then he too fell asleep.

Epiloge:
It was over a year since the teams confrontation with Ari. Kate still couldn’t remember what happened at her place before she woke up in the dark room, and nobody wanted her to remember.

Today was going to be the happiest day of her life. Today was the day she would officailly become Mrs. Caitlin DiNozzo. She was in a back room in the church getting ready. She had never seen herself in her dress. She knew what it looked like, it was a nice white dress, off the shoulder, with a hood rather than the traitional veil. The hair was done in a simple bun, but was entangled with white branches, which looked beautiful.

“C’mon Kate, look at your self.” Abby comanded trying to get her best friend to open her eyes. Kate finally did, and she couldn’t believe that it was herself that she was looking at in the mirror. The woman there was far to beautiful to be her. Abby came over to stand next to her, in the elegant purple briadsmade gown that Kate had picked out. Abby was her maid of honor, naturally, and agent Casside was her other bridesmade. She knew that Mcgee was Tony’s best man, and Ducky was the other man of honor. There was a knock on the door. Gibbs stuck his head in.

“Time to go Kate.” he said as he walked in. Gibbs was going to give her away. Her mother and father had both died in a terrible car crash two years earlier, she had now living relatives and she was an only child. That is why her NCIS family is so important to her. Gibbs led her out of the room, “You look amazing.” he whispered to her.

“Thanks Gibbs.” she replied. The doors to the chapel opened and she saw Tony, her Tony, standing in the front with Mcgee and Ducky. The whole ceromony went by in a blur, until it came to the vows. They had each writted their oen, Tony went first.

“Katie, I knew I loved you the second I saw you on Air Force One. You were stunningly beautiful, I knew that I never wanted to lose you. When you joined our team, I pushed those feeling down, because of rule #12. But, when you were taken by Ari, I knew that I never wanted to lose you. In a weird and twisted way, Ari is the reason we’re being married today. Not, that I’m thanking him or anything, I’m glad he’s dead.” Tony’s rambling made Kate laugh a little, “What I’m trying to say is Kate, I love you and I’ll never lose you again.” Tony had finished, and it was Kate’s turn.

“My stories that same as your’s Tony. You caught my eye the second you stepped onto Air Force one. I had to bury my feeling when I joined the team. And then, when Ari Took me, the only thing I could think about was that I might not be able to tell you how I felt. Saving your life, almost dying to save your life, was my way of showing you that I love you. I’ll love you forever, I’ll love you for always, as long as I’m living, my Tony you’ll be.” She finished by quoting one of her favorite books. They said there I do’s and the Preist pronouced them husband and wife. In the moment that Tony kissed her, Kate knew that there was nothing that she couldn’t over come. She was now with Tony, forever and always.
End Notes:
second fanfic, this one came entirely from my imagination. Please rate and review!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3275