Fallen Friend (Kate's POV) by mcgeekfreak
Summary: Comfort after death Kate's POV
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 346 Read: 2552 Published: 08/18/2009 Updated: 08/18/2009

1. Fallen Friend (Kate's POV) by mcgeekfreak

Fallen Friend (Kate's POV) by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Comfort after death

Kate's POV
I still can’t believe what happened, but as I see the blood running down the drain, the blood of a fallen friend, I know it’s true. Mcgee, the unbelieveable smart, funny, nerdy partner of mine, I’ll never see him again, he’s dead. He was shot five times in the chest, and then he fell ontop of me, his cold, dead eyes staring, his blood spilling all over me. I was too imoblized, too scared, to push him off. I only survived because seeing all of Mcgee;s blood on me, they thought some of it was mine and thought I was dead too. I owe Mcgee my life, I should be the one dead, not him, not him. I’m in his shower at the moment, everyone else is in his livingroom, Tony, Ducky, Gibbs, and Abby. Abby’s a wreaak, and no one blames her. She loved Mcgee. Mcgee acually told me that after this case was over, he was going to ask Abby to marry him. That will never be. This thought is bringing more tears to my eyes, they continuesously stain my face. The water isn’t red anyore, it’s clear, but I can still feel the blood on me. I scrub harder and harder at my arms, and the water turns red again. I rubbed my arm raw, it was bleeding. Unconsiously, I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me, I leave the water running. I run over to the toilet and throw up, the thought of what happened is sickening. Suddenly, I feel someone pull back my hair and rub my back. When I finish he asks, “Kate, you okay.” it’s Tony. I shake my head in answer. He picks my up and holds me close as I cry into his chest right where his heart is. He whispers to me, “Shhh, Kate. Everything is all right. It’s okay...” and I feel the first tears that he has cried fall into my hair and I know he feels the same way I do. We miss our partner, our friend, Mcgee.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3296