Back To School by mcgeekfreak
Summary: What happens when Drugies are after the team and they are forced to lay low for... maybe ever.
Categories: Gen, Het, DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Other, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action
Pairing: None
Warnings: Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 14482 Read: 102151 Published: 09/30/2009 Updated: 11/16/2009

1. Back To School by mcgeekfreak

2. Team Meeting by mcgeekfreak

3. Bad News For Kate by mcgeekfreak

4. Comprimises In A Tree by mcgeekfreak

5. Registration by mcgeekfreak

6. First Day by mcgeekfreak

7. Stand Up For Family by mcgeekfreak

8. Tears of a Soilder by mcgeekfreak

9. A Dangerous Secret by mcgeekfreak

10. Christmas Preperations by mcgeekfreak

11. Present Time! by mcgeekfreak

12. The Best Christmas Present Ever by mcgeekfreak

13. Dance Preperations by mcgeekfreak

14. The Dance by mcgeekfreak

15. Finals by mcgeekfreak

16. Rescue by mcgeekfreak

17. Starlight Talk by mcgeekfreak

18. Ziva Breaks Down by mcgeekfreak

19. A Daughters Return by mcgeekfreak

20. Goodbye by mcgeekfreak

Back To School by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
What happens when Drugies are after the team and they are forced to lay low for... maybe ever.
Kate was sitting in the same place that she had sat for the past three months at 1900, on two swings with one leg propped up on the second. The leg was finally out of its cast, but it still hurt. She had broken it in three different places. As she closed her eyes, she remembered the day that she had broken the leg and was taken away from her team.

~Flashback~

“Boss, the roof’s clear.” Tony informed Gibbs through the headset.

“Umm, Tony.” Mcgee said. Tony turned around and saw what he had missed. Behind him were three gang members, one being the boss. THey all had guns and it looked bad for Tony and Mcgee.

“Tony... Tony... You there?” Gibbs asked, but Tony didn’t answer. Gibbs and Zive were on the ground floor, Kate was on the second. She had heard Tony and Gibbs conversation and became worried. She raced to the roof to see Tony and Mcgee surrounded, and about to be shot by the drug boss. Before he had a chance to shoot, Kate pulled out her gun and shot him in the head. The other two drugies weren’t happy and truned around, both shooting. Kate ducked for cover, while Tony and Mcgee began to shoot at the. Kate heard one of the gang members cry out in pain, and assumed he was dead, but she also heard Mcgee and Tony cry out in pain, and hoped they weren’t dead. She decided to try to shoot the guy, but as she slowly stood up, she saw that he was right behind her. He kicked the gun out of her hand, and she kicked his gun out of his. Then they went at it, punching and kicking and pushing an shoving, unknowingly moveing closer twards the edge of the building. When they were close enough, he pushed Kate off the building and she screamed. Fortunately for her, the building was only 25 feet tall, so if she protected her head, she knew she would live. And she did just that, she protected her head as she hit the ground, but she did hear bones break, which was a sickening sound to hear. After she landed, she layed out on the ground, and tried to stay consious. After what felt like days, she heard people running twards her.

“Kate!” She heard Tony shout as he ran up to her. He carefully lifted her head, but even that small movement made her cry out in pain.

“Please don’t move me.” She begged, the pain growing unbareable. Then she noticed the blood running down his arm. “Tony what happened to you, and Mcgee?”

“We were shot, in my arm and in Mcgee’s leg. It’s not bad though, you’re worse.” Tony replied.

“Kate, try to move something, a finger, a toe, something.” Gibbs told her, but kate shook her head.

“I can’t Gibbs, it hurts.”

“I’m no doctor Kate, but I think you broke a lot of bones.” Tony told her.

“Well, no duh DiNozzo!” Kate replied a little angry.

“Boss, the ambulince is here..,” Mcgee said, and Kate fell unconsious, falling into the depth of her pain.

~End Flashback~

That was the last time she was with the team. When she became concious again, she was here, in the small town of Green Field in Oregon. She was sent away because, apparently, the gang in DC wanted her dead for killing their leader. She was living in a two story, white brick, house in the middle of the woods, and she wasn’t alone. Tony had been sent out with her to take care of her. Falling off the roof had broken her leg in three places, broken her arm, and twisted her ankle. She didn’t want to admit it, but she did apperciate Tony’s help, he was a really good caretaker, and knew how to cheer her up when she needed it. But everyday, every single day that she had been there for three months, she would be outside in the backyard at 1900, listening to her iPod and staring at a picture of the team. All of them were in it, Tony, Abby, Ducky, Mcgee, herself, even Gibbs and Ziva were in it. She missed them, all of them. She let one tear silently fall, and it landed on the picture. SHe brushed it off with her thumb, and sniffed as quietly as she could.

Suddenly, the swing was moving, and Tony was pushing her. “You okay Kate?” He asked.

“I miss them Tony.” Kate answered choking on tears.

“I do too, Kate, I do too.” Tony agreed.

“Well, you don’t have too for much longer.” A voice said, and it sounded vaguely fimailiar. They both looked up to see their team standing on the patio. They were all there, Abby, Ducky, Gibbs, Ziva, and Mcgee. Kate, happy to see her best friend, ran twards her and gave her the biggest hug she had ever given anyone.

“Nice to see you too Kate.” Abby choked out, “But can you let go of me, I can’t breathe.” Which was true, everyone could see her face turning blue.

“Sorry Abbs.” Kate apologized as she released Abby from her grip. “I just missed you.”

“We missed you too Kate.” Ducky told her speaking for everyone.

“And no one missed me?” Tony asked, feeling a little left out.

“Of course we missed you Tony.” Abby said, running over to give him a hug.

After many round of ‘nice to see you boss’ and ‘you look good kate, you feeling better’ they all went inside to have a team meeting, GIbbs apparently had something very important to tell them.
Team Meeting by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Gibbs gives the team some bad news.
“So what’s up Gibbs?” Kate asked as she sat down.

“Do you guys have any idea what this is about?” Tony asked the other agents, they both shook their heads.

“Any of you know what happens in a week?” Gibbs started.

“No.”

“Nope.”

“Noda clue.”

“We go back to work?” Tony answered hopefully.

“No Tony.” Gibbs said with a sigh. “Truth be told I don’t think any of us are going back to work.”

“What!?!” Tony, Abby, Ziva, Mcgee, and Kate all shot out of their seats at once. Kate fely pain shoot through her leg and collapsed back into her chair.

“You okay Caitlin?” Ducky asked.

“Yeah, just stood to fast.” Everyone gave her a weird look “I’m fine.” she insisted.

“Anyway,” Gibbs continued as everyone sat back down, “as you all know, ever since Kate shot that drug boss, we’ve been targeted left and right, even Abby and Ducky.”

“Sorry.” Kate inturupted.

“It’s not your fault Kate and don’t apologize. So, the director thought it’d be best if we layed low until the drug curcit was shut down.”

“But Gibbs, that could take years!” Ziva pointed out.

“I know that!” Gibbs half shouted, he was kinda tired of being inturupted, “So, Ducky’s going to give you this weird pill-thingy-ma-do-dad that will make you younger, litterally. THen in a week, you’re all going to be 8th graders at Mitchell Jr. High.”

“What!?!?” They shot out of their chairs again, excpet for Kate who now knew better.

“Boss, we can’t!” Mcgee shouted.

“Do you know how hard it was for me to pass 8th grade the first time?” Tony asked in dispair.

“Well, now it should be easier.” Gibbs replied.

“How are we going to look to other people Gibbs?” Kate asked. “Five random kids living with you and Ducky?”

“Fosters Kate.” Gibbs answered.

“Oh that’s great! So now we’re Fosters!” Abby shouted. “THat’s just the cherry on top of this sundee.”

“What are Fosters?” Ziva asked, very confused.

“Foster childern, ny dear.” Ducky clarified, “Orphans.”

“Oh, then I agree with Abby.” Ziva stated now that clarifications had been made.

“I know you don’t like this, but it’s an order.” Gibbs informed them, “Now take you pill hing and by tomarrow, you’ll look like any normal 8th grader.” And what he order soon happened.
Bad News For Kate by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Gibbs gives Kate some news, bad for her.
The next morning the team woke up and they were indeed younger. They loked like any normal 8th grader.

“Timmy,” Abby giggled, “you’re short.”

“Hey, I didn’t have my growth spurt until 10th grade.” Mcgee defended.

“Ziva, you’re hot!” Tony exclaimed, and was soon elbowed in the ribs.

“Kate, come here.” Gibbs called from the Kitchen.

“Yeah GIbbs?” Kate asked. Unlike her team matesand best friend, she looked exactly thesame, except she was smaller.

“You look the same.” Gibbs informed her.

“Yeah, so?” Kate asked.

“That’s a problem.”

“What do you mean Gibbs?” Kate asked, now really confused.

“Kate, the whole piont of this was to change how you looked so the drugies couldn’t recgognize you.” Gibbs explained. “
You look the same.”

“And the others look different?” Kate asked.

“Abby’s hair is lighter, Mcgee is shorter, Tony isn’t as mussled and his hair is longer, and Ziva looks, well more like a girl. You look exactly the same.” He informed her.

“And that means?” Kate asked.

“Kate, you need to dye your hair, or make it look different, or something.”

“Gibbs I can’t do that.” She persisted.

“Kate, you have to, you don’t have a choice.” Gibbs ordered.

“No, I won’t!” Kate shouted. SHe started to backaway from Gibbs.

“Kate...” He started as he reached out to put a hand on her shoulder.

“No!” Kate shouted and ran out of the house. SHe didn’t have to look to see where she was going, she already knew.

“Gibbs, where’d Kate go?” Abby asked.

“And what was she yelling about?” Mcgee added.

“I really don’t know.” Gibbs addmitted. “I told her that she was going to have to dye and cut her hair, and she freaked out.”

“Boss...” Tony tried to say something.

“Why would that cause her to act that way?” Ducky asked.

“Boss...” Tony tried again.

“Better question is where did she go?” Ziva asked.

“BOSS!” Tony shouted, getting everyone to shut up.

“What DiNozzo!” Gibbs asked.

“I know the answer to both of the questions.” Tony addmitted.

“Then explain.” Gibbs demanded.

“Well, While me and Kate were talking one night, we somehow got onto the converstion of family.” He began to explain. “When I asked about her mom, She told me she was dead and that, because she looked so much like her Dad, her hair was the only thing she had that she saw everyday that reminded her of her Mom. She told me that she would never change her hair for any reason.”

“Oh.” Abby said. “I should have known that.”

“Do you know where she is Tony?” Gibbs asked.

“Yeah, I do.” Tony told him, “Let me talk to her for a while Gibbs, then I’ll bring her back.”

“Okay Tony, go.” Gibbs commanded. Tony had barely put on his shoes before he was out the door, running in the direction kate had just went.
Comprimises In A Tree by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Tony talks to Kate, in a very unusual place.
“Kate! Kate!” Tony called as he stared up into a particularly tall tree.

“Tony, I’m right here.” Kate answered. “In front of you.”

“Oh,” Tony looked down and there she was, sitting on the ground proped up on the tree. “why aren’t you in the tree? You said once you were out of your cast you were gonna climb it.”

“I fell and twisted my ankle.” she explained.

“Can I look at it?”

“Sure Tony, go ahead and play doctor.”


Tony examined the ankle. It was swollen and when he touched it kate winced in pain. “Kate, you’ve gotta come back and let Ducky take a look at this.”

“No I don’t.” Kate argued.

“Well you’ve gotta come back eventually.” Tony reasoned.

“No I don’t.”

“Kate...”

“Tony.” Kate started as she stood up, still leaning on the tree for support. “Don’t you dare try to tell me that everythings okay, that it’s no big deal. It is, you know it is.”

“Kate...” He tried again, reaching out to touch her shoulder, but he got the same reaction Gibbs did. Kate ran, up the tree, wincing with each step she took.

“Kate, come down.” Tony ordered. Kate didn’t answer, so he climbed up after her. He climbed up about 20 feet before he saw her a few feet above him imobilized in a branch, “Kate, what’s wrong?”

“I...I...I can’t move.” she called down.

“Well, why not?”

“Because I... I... I’m scared.” she addmitted to both herself and Tony, “I... I’ve been afriad of heights ever since I... I fell.”

“Oh...” Tony tried to figure out what to do next. He finally had a brilliant idea. “Wait there.” he ordered.

“Where else am I supposed to go?” she replied.

Tony climbed up a few branches to a branch that was parallel to Kate’s. “Climb on.” he ordered.

“What?”

“Climb on.” he repeated.

“No.” she refused. “Cause when we get to the bottom, you’ll just carry me back to the house.”

“Fine, but then at the very least we are going to reach a comprimise, and then I am going to take you back to the house. Deal?” Kate nodded. “Now then, what do you like the most about your hair?”

“The color.” It’s the exact color my mom had.”

“So, what if you get black high lights, or low lights, or under tone, or whatever. That way your hair’ll be a different color, but you’ve still got the original color. And maybe you could make it longer.”

“You mean get extentions?”

“Yeah.”

“I could do that.” Kate agreed, *It actually doesn’t sound too bad.* she thought.

“Okay then.” Tony flashed her one of his famous smiles. “Now can we get outta this tree, I think my butts asleep?”

“But Tony,” Kate started, a sarcastic tone in her voice, “do you think you’ll be able to carry me?”

“Hey, I’m still the same strong guy you once knew. Now hop on.” And she did. She wrapped her legs around hisb torso and her hands around his neck, making sure not to choke him. Slowly, he strated making his way down the tree. When they reached the bottom, Kate tried to get off of TOny’s back, but he held her on.

“I am not going to let you walk on that ankle. I’ll carry you back.”

“But Tony, what’ll Gibbs think when he sees me on your back?”

“If he asks, I’ll tell him the truth, that you tirpped and twisted your ankle.”

“Fine, but I don’t like it here on your back.” Kate protested. “But,” she gave him an awkward hug. “thanks for helping me out of that tree.”

“Welcome, but if you were afriad of hights, why did you climb up there in the first place?”

“Truthfully, I don’t know.” Kate answered as they made their way out of the woods.

They entered the house and of course Gibbs’ first question was ‘Kate why the hell are you on DiNozzo’s back?’. Tony explained to Ducky what had happened, and Kate told GIbbs that she would change her hair tomarrow, if Tony went with her.

“Deal.” Gibbs agreed.

“What?!?!” was Tony’s response.
End Notes:
Please send me some feedback. I really don't know if people like the story or not, and would really appreciate some feedback and any suggestions anyone might have.
Registration by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
After going to regestration, the team recieves some bad news.
As Kate promised, the next day she went to change her hair, and Tony went wih her. She finally decided on geting black highlites and extentions that extended to the swell of her back. Truthfully, she didn’t think it looked all that bad and eventually grew to love it as everyone else did.

The day after that, they all went shopping for new clothes. Abby, who refused to wear anything else, bought the exact same clothes that she owned before, just in a smaller size. Kate and Ziva chose just about the same clothes, jeans, tee shirts, sweat pants, and jackets. Ziva just bought darker colors while Kate bought brighter ones. Tony finally convinced Mcgee to come and shop with him, which bought them both ambercrombie, areopostle, and american egale clothing. They bought enough clothes last them a while, and they were all happy with their choices.

The day after clothes shopping was regestration. While there, they all learned something very interesting, this wasn’t a mormal Jr. High. Their Jr. High consisted of 7th, 8th, and 9th grade, and the high school held 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. They all got their schedauls, lockers, and pictures taken. It was a little confusing though. Gibbs had changed their names without telling them. So now, Tony and Ziva were Trevor and Zoey Simon, twins, While Mcgee, Abby, and Kate were Thomas, Katherin, and Alice Simmins, triplets. Everyone had at least one class together, and they all had the same lunch. Kate only had one class by herself, art. Their scheduals looked like this.

Trevor Simon Zoey Simon Thomas Simmins
0008 0008 0008
1st hour Gym 1st hour Gym 1st Exploritory Language
2nd hour Algebra 1 2nd hour Global Gormet 2nd History
3rd hour Science 3rd hour ACC Geometry 3rd ACC Geometry
lunch lunch lunch
4th hour Tech Ed 4th hour History 4th Tech Ed
5th hour History 5th hour Science 5th Science
6th hour English 6th hour English 6th English
Locker D174 Locker D175 Locker D173
23- 5- 17 43- 13- 9 35-47-2

Alice Simmins Katherin Simmins
0008 0008
1st hour Exploritory Language 1st hour Expolritory Language
2nd hour Global Gormet 2nd hour Art
3rd hour ACC Geometry 3rd hour ACC Geometry
lunch lunch
4th hour Science 4th hour Science
5th hour History 5th hour History
6th hour English 6th hour English
Locker D171 Locker D172
32- 7- 45 1-5-33


“What the heck is Global Gormet?” Abby asked as she entered the house.

“And who came up with our names?” Tony asked.

“That would be me DiNozzo.” Gibbs answered. “I gave you your names, I gave you your classes.”

“So, you put me in an art class?” Kate asked Gibbs, he nodded. “Thanks!”

”I still don’t know what global gormet is!” Abby shouted.

“It’s a cooking class Abs.” Gibbs answered.

“Oh, well that should be fun!” Abby concluded with a smile.

“Why are we a set of twins and triplets Gibbs?” Ziva asked.

“Because.” Gibbs took a deep breath. “Because I didn’t tell you guys something.”

“What that boss?” Mcgee asked.

“Um, Tony and Ziva are going to live with a set of Foster Parents who live down the road.”

“What!?!?”

“Boss, you can’t do that!” Tony shouted.

“Yeah, you can’t split us up!” Kate agreed.

“Kate, I had too, you’re right. We’d look too suspisious.” Gibbs explained.

“But..” Kate started again, But Tony cut her off.

“Kate, he’s right. Come one Ziva lets go pack.” He walked over to Ziva and led her up stairs.

“Gibbs..” Kate started again.

“Sorry Kate.” Was all Gibbs said.
First Day by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
The title says it all.
“Tony!” Abby shouted as she ran over to give him a giant hug.

“Alice,” Tony replied, half scolding, half reminding, “we’re going to school.”

“Oh, right.” Abby replied. “Sorry *Trevor*”

“It’s okay Al.” He replied.

“Who is ‘Al’” Ziva asked as she walked up to join the group. THey were all standing at their bus stop on the first day of school.

“It’s Alice’s nickname, Zoey.” Mcgee clarified.

“Yeah, like how now on I’m gonna call you Zoe.” Tony informed here, and soon was elbowed in the ribs. “Ow!”

“Don’t call me that.” Ziva replied, Kate snickered.

“Wow, you two really are brother and sister.”

“Are not!” Tony and Ziva shouted at the same time. At that moment, the bus pulled up to the stop and they all, hesitantly, got on. Mcgee and Abby sat together, Tony and Kate sat in the seat across from theirs, and Ziva sat behind Tony and Kate.

“Well, here we go Katie, you ready?” Tony asked Kate, trying to give her a nickname.

“Kat.” was Kate’s reply.

“What?”

“If your going to call me anything other than katherin, call me Kat.”

“Oh, well then.” Tony agreed. “You ready Kat?”

“I guess, at least I have my brother and sister in my first class.” Kate answered tryong to think optamisticly.

“Yeah, well at least you don’t have math by yourself.” Tony complained. “I mean why would Gi... I mean why would I be put in a different math class?”

“Face it Trevor, your not as smart as we are.” Kate said with a smirk, “At least we can all help you with your homework.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Hey Trevor,” Ziva asked from the seat behind him, “are you going to try out for any sports?”

“I might try out for football, I highly doubt I’ll make it.” He answered.

“Don’t say that, of course you’ll make it.” Abby encouraged. The bus stopped in front of the school.

“Well, let’s go.” Tony said as he stood up, leading the way off the bus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After going to their lockers, Kate found herself sitting next to Abby and Mcgee in Exploratory Language. They were talking about, well they really didn’t know what they were talking about, they were just talking to keep their minds occupied.

“Okay everyone, settle down.” Their teacher commanded after the bell had rung. “I am Mrs. Teeko. I’m going to take atendence now so just say here if your here, and tell me if you have a nickname or any other name that you’d like to be called. Okay... Devon Adler...” She started continuing down the list until she reached the three agents.

“Alice Simmons.”

“Ally.” Abby corrected.

“Alright then. Um... Katherin Simmons.”

“Kat.” Kate corrected.

“Okay then. Thomas Simmons.”

“Tommy.” Mcgee corrected.

“Fine. Um...” Then she continued while Kate, Abby and Mcgee snickered silently to themselves. WIth each name correction they had given their teacher, the more aggravated she becam, which they found pretty funny, they couldn’t wait until math...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was now third hour. Mcgee, Kate, Abby, and ZIva all sat together. The teacher was taking attendence and finally reached their names.

“Alice Simmons.”

“Ally.” Abby corrected for the third time that day.

“Ally, Okay then... Katherin Simmons.”

“Kat.” Kate corrected once again.

“Kat, that works,” just as they thought, the teacher sounded like he was getting a little annoyed. “Thomas Simmons.”

“Tommy.” Mcgee corected.

Their teacher exhaled sharply. “Zoey Simon.”

“Here.” Ziva replied, the teacher just stared at her.

“What, no name change for you?”

“Nope, I’m Zoey.” Ziva replied with a wide smile, the class burst into little snickers, just like the agents and the scientist planned.

“Fine, Zoey.” Their teacher continued while the class tried to contian their giggles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Man this is fun!” Abby giggled as she sat down at the lunch table, “We keep pissing teachers off with our name changes.”

“Glad to see you’re having fun Al.” Tony replied.

“Oh, what’s wrong Trevor?” Abby asked.

“I hate school.” He replied.

“Well, do what we’re doing and try to piss the teachers off.” Abby replied.

“That’s not the best thing for me to do. If I get sent to the office...” He trailed off.

“What Trevor?” Kate asked a little concerned.

“Oh, what, nothing Kat.” Tony replied planting a smile on his face. “Can I have some of your fries?” He asked, obviously trying to change the subject. Kate gave him some fries and let it go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Man, today was fun!” Abby shouted as she hopped off the bus.

“Yeah, did you see Mrs.Green’s face in English?” Mcgee asked.

“I have to admit that was pretty good.” Tony agreed.

“Well, see you tomarrow.” Kate said.

“Yep, see yeah.” Ziva agreed as they all turned to walk home.

“Tony!” Kate shouted to stop him, she had just remembered the conversation from lunch.

“Yeah?” Tony asked, turning around and walking over to her.

She hugged him and whispered in his ear, “If you need to talk about anything, I’m here.”

“I know Kate.” He replied, hugging he back, kissing her head lightly, “I know.”

“Well, see you tomarrow.” Kate said, re shouldering her backpack and running to catch up to Mcgee and Abby.

“Yeah, see ya.” Tony replied to where Kate had once stood.
End Notes:
Please send feedback. Would really like to know what you think of the story!

Sorry, this one's a little longer.
Stand Up For Family by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Stupid kids, mean words, and one stupid move.
They had all been in school for a couple of weeks now and they all enjoyed it. Nothing really bad had happened, there was one kid in their English class, Kyle, that made fun of them for being Foster kids on a regular basis, but that didn’t bug thm much.

They were in English one day, talking about literary terms when their teacher said something that really bugged Kate.

“Now ex- is a prefix that means before. Like exgirlfriend, or ex boyfriend, or exmarine...”
Her teacher continued on with her list of ex’s, but the exmarine comment really urked her. With out thinking, she said outloud, and a little too loudly,
“There’s no such thing as an exmarine.”

“I’m sorry, what was that Kat?” Of course her teacher had heard her. Kate had the dumb luck of getting the seat in the front row, so of course the teacher heard her.

“I said that there was no such thing as an exmarine.” She repeated, with more confidence then she thought she had.

“How would you know?” Kyle asked.

“Because my Father’s a marine. He may not be fighting, but he still has the spirit of a marine. He even told me he was still a marine at heart ‘Semper Fi’ was what he actually said, but still, same conceot.”

“Oh, you mean the man who got stuck with you because you have no real parents.” Kyle retorted.

“Now Kyle...” The techer started.

“Don’t talk to Kat that way!” Tony shouted from the back of the room as he walked over to Kyle.

“Oh yeah, who’s gonna stop me?” Kyle asked walking over to meet Tony, “Some other scrawny foster kid? You’re all worthless.”

“Hey!” At this point all of them had stood up and walked over to back Tony up.

“Don’t you dare talk to us that way!” Kate shouted stepping in front of Tony.

“Well how are you gonna stop me, bitch?” Kyle asked. Tony had finally had it and punched Kyle in the face. Kyle sunk to the ground, pinching his bleeding nose.

“That’s it! All of you, Principal’s office, NOW!” Their teacher commanded.

“Come on Kat.” Tony commanded, wrapping an arm around Kate’s shoulder. Kate had been imobilized since Kyle had called her a bitch. Tony lead her down to the office. Once they were seated in a chair, Tony asked, “You okay?”

“No,” Kate said. “I know I’ve been called a bitch before, but... It hurts when your younger.”

“I know.” Tony agreed.

“Trevor.” Their principal called from his office.

“Well, here we go.” Tony said as he stood up. “You’re gonna be fine.” He reassuered her. Kate nodded and watched as he dissapeared into the principal’s office.

“Damnit Tony, you shouldn’t have done that.” Ziva was whispering to herself. “You know what’s gonna happen now.”

“Zoey, what’s gonna happen?” Abby asked.

“Huh? Oh... nothing Al.” Ziva replied, a little too quickly, but they all le it go.

Fifteen minutes later, Tony eemerged from the principal’s office.

“Well?” Abby asked.

“I hope you’re not in too much trouble Trevor.” Kate told him.

“Well, first off, I’d would take any punishment that came with defending us. And second, I have three weeks detention, I can’t try out for any sports, and they called both of our parents.” Tony said, but ten smirked, “I think I broke that kid’s nose.”

“I hope you did Trevor.” Mcgee praised.

“He’ll know not too mess with us anymore.” Abby smiled.

“Sorry you can’t try ouyt for sports anymore.” Kate whispered.

“Hey, it’s okay...” Tony was going to say more but he was inturupted.

“Trevor, what the hell were you thinking!” a voice boomed. It made Tony and Ziva cringe, they never cringed at anything, other than Gibbs’ voice. “Attacking that poor boy. What is with you!” A man walked over to them and grabbed Tony’s wrist, tightly. “C’mon, were going home.”

“Come on Zoey.” A women said as she gripped Ziva’s shoulder and led her out.

“Hey, you guys okay?” Gibbs asked as he entered the office.

“Gibbs, did you just see...” Kate started.

“No I didn’t, now what happened?” He demanded.

“Well you see, it started with this kid making fun of us for being foster kids, then he called Kat a bitch, and it ended with Trevor punching the kid in the nose.” Abby answered.

“Oh, you okay Kate?” Gibbs turned to look at her.

“Yeah, just a bruised ego, but did you see...” Gibbs cut her off again.

“Come on, let’s go home.” Gibbs comanded as he led them out of the office. One thing was still bugging Kate though.

*What is that couple doing to Tony and Ziva?*
End Notes:
Feed back apperciated!
Tears of a Soilder by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
What is that couple doing to Tony and Ziva?
“Tony! What happened to your arm?” Kate asked when she saw the giant bruise on it.

“Um... What? Oh, my arm... You see..” He stammered.

“Tony that where your ‘Father’ grabbed you yesterday.” Kate concluded.

“Yeah, well I guess his grip was a little too tight. He diddn’t mean too, he’s a good man.” Kate could see he was lying, what he said was too rehersed, but she didn’t press the issue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Yeah! I got an A!” Abby whispered to Kate in math. Thsy had just gotten their first test back.

“I got an A too.” Mcgee added.

“A-, stupid mistakes.” Kate admitted.

“I got a B-.” Ziva informed them, she looked worried.

“That’s good Zoey.” Kate reassured her, but still, she looked worried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Hey guys!” Tony called from the lunch table. “How’d you do on the math test?”

“A.” Mcgee and Abby said at the same time.

“A-.” Kate informed him.

“How bout you Zoey?” Tony asked.

“B-.” Ziva answered, it was barely a whisper.

“Oh, well that’s good.” Tony reassured her, but his voice was laced with as much worry as Ziva’s.

“You two okay?” Mcgee asked.

“Yeah, fine.” Tony answered, plastering a lagre, but fake smile on his face. They continued their lunch in silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Zoey, let me help you.” Tony was whispering as Kate got on the bus.

“No, I can take care of this.” Ziva replied.

“Take care of what?” Kate asked as she sat down in the seat next to them.

“Zoey...” Tony started, but Ziva cut him off.

“Nothing Kat.”

“You sure.” Kate tried to push the issue.

“Yes.” Ziva replied, a little sharper then she had intended. “Sorry Kat, I didn’t mean...” Kate cut her off.

“Never apologize.” She stated, then repositioned herself so she stared out the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kate!” Tony called as they started to walk home from the bus stop.

“Yeah Tony?” Kate asked as she turned around and walked back over to him. SHe could see small tears forming in his eyes.

“Come with me, please.” He begged.

“Okay.” Kate agreed, and Tony took off, sprintingtwards the woods. Kte kept up as best as she could. They finally stopped in front of the tree where Kate had gotten stuck and sat down.

“Tony, what’s...” But before Kate was able to finish, Tony was crying on her shoulder.
A Dangerous Secret by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Tony finally admits it.
“Tony, what’s wrong?” Kate was finally able to ask when he clamed down a little. Small sobs were still shaking through his body and Kate was petting his head soothingly.

“Kate, I... I can’t tell you. I... I won’t... I can’t hurt you.” He replied, his voice shaking.

“What do you mean?” Kate asked. Tony turned his head away, ashamed. “Please tell me.” She begged. She Reached over and cupped his chin in her hands, turning his face so he was forced to look at her. “I’m strong enough, I want to help.”

He took a deep breath and answered with his voice barely above a whisper. “Ziva... and I... are being... abused.”

“Oh Tony.” Kate whispered, tears slowly filled her eyes. “How badly?”

“Depends on what we do.” Tony replied.

“But... Ziva.. is she...” Kate tried to force the question out, but she couldn’t form the words.

“Once he tried to, but I stopped him. I wouldn’t let him do that to Ziva. He can rape me before I would ever let him touch her.” Tony answered.

“Tony...” Kate was crying now. She hated having her friends hurt like they are. She felt useless, there was nothing she could do to help.

“Hey, hey it’s okay.” Tony reassured her as he wrapped Kate in his arms, she cried into his chest, hot angry tears.

“How the hell is it okay!” She shouted, most of the sound muffled in Tony’s shirt. “You and Ziva are having the shit beaten out of you. Ziva was almost F’in raped! And you’re sitting here telling me everything’s okay! How is everything okay!” She cried a little harder.

“Kate, I know things look bad, but it’s me and Ziva. Name one situation that we haven’t lived through.” He challenged.

“You’re right.” Kate whispered after a few minutes of thought. “I’m just worried for no reason, that’s all.”

“I’m worried too, for Ziva.”

“Why for Ziva?” Kate asked confused.

“You know how she got a B- on that math test?” Kate nodded, “Well, our captors said that if we ever got anything lower than an A, then we’d be beaten sensless.”

“Tony!” Kate shouted in disgust, “We’ve gotta tell Gibbs!”

“Kate, don’t.” Tony replied, grabbing her wrist before she ran to Gibbs, “THey also said that if we tols anyone, then we’d be...” He trailed off, hoping kate would understand.

“I...I...” Kate contemplated her options. Either she told GIbbs, and Tony and Ziva had a chance of dying, or she didn’t tell Gibbs and ZIva and TOny would live. “I... I won’t tell.” She finally promised.

“Thanks Kate.” He pushed back a strand of her hair that had fallen in her face. “I’d beter get going. I’ll probably be smacked for this, but I don’t care.”

“Okay Tony, but...” kate stopped for a moment and Tony gave her a weird look. Quickly she wrapped him into tight hug. “please, promise you’ll be careful. I... I...” She couldn’t finish.

“I promise Kate.” He replied, kissing the top of her hair slightly to reassure her. “Now I’ve got to go.” He said stepping out of her hug.

“Bye Tony.”

He didn’t reply, he just took off, and Kate watched him go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day, Tony had a giant brusie on his side, and Ziva wasn’t in school. Kate wasn’t surprised.
End Notes:
Sorry it took so long to post this.
And sorry it's kinda shortish.
Please send feedback!
Christmas Preperations by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
What will the team do for christmas?
“Gibbs, How are we going to celebrate Christmas?” Abby asked on the first day of Christmas break, December 22th.

“Oh, I have a few ideas.” Gibbs addmitted with a sly smile, “But first, I have a surprise.” He walked over to the front door. “Ta da!”

“Tony! Ziva!” Kate shouted as she ran over gave her friends a giant hug.

“I see sharing a room with Abby has rubbed off on you.” Tony joked as he returned her hug.

“Shut up Tony.” She replied with a giant smile plastered on her face.

“Gibbs, what are they doing here?” Abby asked, puzzled.

“Why, are you not happy to see us Abby?” Ziva accused.

“No, I’m always happy to see you guys.” Abby shouted wrapping Ziva in a giant hug. Ziva winced, they thought it was from the tightness of Abby’s hug, Kate and Tony knew it was for other reasons. “I was just wondering why your not celebrating with your ‘family’?”

“They went on a cruise.” Tony answered.

“Without you?” Mcgee asked, Ziva nodded.

“So, I decided that our ‘family’ should spend christmas together.” Gibbs clarified.

“Coolio!” Abby shouted.

“Now where’d you pick up that word Abbs?” Tony asked.

“From my friend Katie in Global Gormet.” Abby answered, “She makes up a lot of words.”

“Okay then.” Tony approved.

“Okay now, let’s get things organized.” Gibbs ordered, something a marine would do, “Ziva you’re gonna stay in Abby and Kate’s room. Tony, you’re with Mcgee.”

“Aww. I have to sleep with Mcgee.” Tony complained.

“Hey, it’s either him or me.” Gibbs retorted.

“I think I’ll stay with Probie, Boss.” Tony replied, recieving a slap from Gibbs. “Oh how I have missed my head slapps, Boss.” Kate and Abby snickered.

“Ha ha, now come on, go and get settled.” Gibbs ordered, and all of them raced upstairs. While Tony and Mcgee entered Mcgee’s room (first door on the left), Kate, Abby and Ziva entered The last room on the right (Kate and Abby’s room). Gibbs had allowed them to pick out all of their own things (bed, wall color, desk, ect.) so, the room was painted black and light purple. On one half had a coffin and a black metal desk with a black computer, while the other half had a purple canopy bed and a purple metal desk with a purple mini laptop on top. There was a sleeping bag set in the middle of the room, ment for Ziva.

“Here we are, home sweet home.” Abby said as she entered and sat down on her coffin.

“I would call this room a personality clash.” Ziva observed. “In a good way.”

“Thanks!” Abby and Kate both replied at the exact same time.

“So where should I put my stuff?”

“Over here Ziva.” Kate refered to a corner of the room next to her bed. “You’re going to take my bed while you’re here.”

“Kate, I can’t...”

“Please.” Kate cut her off, “I insist.” SHe gave Ziva a look that said ‘I know your in pain and I know why, you shouldn’t be sleeping on the floor’.

“Okay, if you’re sure.” Ziva replied.

“I am.”

The three girls sat around and talked for a while about nothing in particular. The talked for maybe a hour ad a half until Gibbs called them all down for dinner.

“Okay here’s the plan.” Gibbs started as they all finished eating a fantastic dinner of chicken prepared by Ducky. “Tomarrow we will all spend the day at the mall Christmas shopping...”

“But Gibbs, we have no money.” Abby pointed out.

“I was just getting to that Abbs.” Gibbs continued. “Since we are still NCIS agents/forensic scientist/ME, we still get paid.” He stood up, walked over to his desk, and pulled out 35 envelpoes. “These are yours, Ducky and I already have ours. You should each have five.” After they grabbed their pay checks they opened them. They figured that they each had about five hundred dollars apiece. “We’re leaving at 0900, if you’re not in the car by then, you’re out of luck.” By the time they had finished dinner (which included dinner, the talk with Gibbs, talk amoung them selves, dessert, and a lengthy story from Ducky) it was 2200 and the five “children” all went to bed. Most of them fell asleep quickly, but Kate, unable to sleep, stared at the wall until 0100 when she finally feel asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kate! Kate! C’mon Kate! Wake up!” Abby shouted as she shook Kate trying to wake her.

“It’s not working Abbs.” Ziva observed.

“What’s going on?” Tony asked as he groggly walked into the room.

“Kate won’t wake up.” Abby complained.

“I can fix that.” Tony claimed proudly as he walked over and kneeled down next to Kate. Slowly, ever so slowly, he pulled back Kate’s covers and carefully picked her up. He carefully walked her over to the bathroom, layed her in the bathtub so her head was under the faucet, and turned on the water, the extremely cold icer water.

“Oh, my God!” Kate shouted as she sat up and jumped out of the tub. “TONY!”

“Hey, you needed to wake up.” Tony said in his defence.

“And you couldn’t just shake me like a normal person!” Kate was fuming.

“Abby already tried that, it didn’t work.” In the background, Kate could here Abby, Ziva and Mcgee snickering. “You gotta admit Kate, that was pretty funny.” Kate didn’t answer, she just went into her bedroom to change (one; because she had to before they went shopping and two; because her pajamas were now soaking wet).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On their way to the mall, Abby, Ziva, Tony, and Mcgee were having a heated discussion about something or another, while Kate was listening to her iPod.

“You stupid peice of crap!” Kate shouted at it.

“What are you shouting about Kate?” Gibbs asked.

“My iPod, like I said, it’s a stupid peice of crap.” Kate replied.

“I see.” Gibbs replied, and then went back to driving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they reached the mall, the entered at the food court.

“Okay, we’ll meet here at 1900 for dinner. Until then you can all go off an do what ever, just keep your cells on.”

“Got it Gibbs.” They all replied in unision, and then took off. Kate, Abby, and Ziva stayed together and went off in one direction, while Mcgee and Tony went off in another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Okay, so we’re going to have to split up eventually to shop for eachother.” Kate was saying.

“Ok. When we do split though, let’s meet back up at FYE.” Abby decided.

“Deal.” Kate and ZIva agreed.

“So, biggest problem, what do we get Gibbs?” Ziva asked.

“Oh, I have a few ideas. Follow me.” Kate ordered as she took the lead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“So, what you thinkin, Probie.” Tony asked as he browsed through a book shelf, Mcgee was on the opposite side of the asile.

“What do you mean Tony?” Mcgee asked confused.

“I know when you’re thinkin real hard ‘bout somthin McThinker, you get this look on your face like your tryin to solve the hardest math problen in the world.”

”Oh, I just don’t know what to get a few people for Christmas.”

“Oh, I see.” Tony replied, turning back to the bookself.

“So what you getting for Kate?” Mcgee asked.

“Oh, I have a really, really good idea.” Tony answered with a giant smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was 1930, the team had all met at the front of the mall, as planed, and had eaten Subway for dinner. On the drive home, Kate was so tired from her “rude awakening” that she had fallen asleep, against the window. *That can’t be all that comfortable* Tony thought as he watched Kate sleep. Finally, he decided to lay her down so her head was on his lap and she was laying across the seat (they were the only to sitting in the far back seat in the SUV so the arangment worked). When they got home, Tony decided to carry Kate to bed (he felt guilty about waking her up). He took off her shoes layed her down, and lightly kissed her temple. He walked to the door, turned off the lights, and while staring at her sleeping form whispered “Night Kate.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Christmas Eve, the team decided to have an old fashion Christmas Eve. They had had a tree for a few days now and decorated it. Then, everyone, including Gibbs (because Abby forced him too) decorated cookies. Then, as a DiNozzo tradition, they watched It’s A Wonderful Life while eating carmel corn. Finally, the night ended with all of them placing their presents under the tree, hanging their stockings, and going to bed, it was midnight, Christmas Day.
End Notes:
Sorry, his one's pretty long.
Please send feedback.
Present Time! by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Christmas Morning
“Wake up! It’s Christmas!” Abby shouted.

“Jezze Abby, did you have to wake us up so early?” Mcgee asked.

“Hey, I waited until 0700 didn’t I?” Abby asked, giggling a little. Then she ran downstairs.

“Merry Christmas all!” Ducky greeted cheerfully as he walked downstairs. The others were all sitting in the living room, presants sorted, stockings unhung.

“Where’s Gibbs?” Kate asked.

“Here.” He answered as he walked in. “Abbs, why we up so early?”

“Aw. Marine man can’t handle an early wake up call?” Abby asked in her cute little voice that couldn’t upset Gibbs. He gave her a small glare, but smiled a bit.

“So how we gonna open presants?” Mcgee asked.

“I say Gibbs goes first.” Ziva decided.

“Why me?” Gibbs asked.

“Because your present is the easiest to open. Come on, Boss.” Tony comanded. He led the group outside to the back yard.

“Tony, why is there a shed in the backyard?”

“Don’t worry Gibbs, we got a permit.” Mcgee informed him.

“Open it Jethro.” Ducky told him. He did.

“What the hell is my boat doing here!” He shouted, and then walked out of the shed.

“Well, we called Jenny, I mean, Director Shepard, and she was able to call in a few favors and bring it here.” Ziva explained.

“You like it?” Tony asked.

“We even bought extra wood!” Abby added.

“It was Kate’s idea Boss.” Mcgee told him.

Gibbs looked down at Kate. Kate started to feel really smal, like she was a mouse about to be eaten by a lion. “Please don’t kill me.” She begged.

Gibbs looked at her for a minute, and then started laughing. “Why would I kill you Kate. I love it.”

“Oh thank goodness.” Kate breathed a sigh of relief as Gibbs warpped her in an akward hug, thanking her.

They all filed back into the house, and before anypne opened any more presents, Ducky made hot chocolate to pass around. It was delisious.

“Hey Duck, why don’t you go next?” Gibbs suggested.

“Yeah Duck man goes next!” Abby decided for him.

“Well, alright.” Ducky agreed as he began to open the presents. He got a DVD of Greek mythology from Tony.

“I thought you might find it interesting.” Tony told him.

“Well, I have always loved the acient cultures. Thank you Anthony.”

From Abby, Ducky got an intersting skeleton that was dressed in clothes for an autopsy. He got a new hat from Kate, a new coat from Gibbs, a book about the middle ages from Ziva, and a gift card from Mcgee.

“Sorry Ducky, I couldn’t think of anything to get you.” He admitted.

“That’s quite alright Timothy.” Ducky reassured. “Now who’s next?”

“Me, me!” Abby beged, her hand raised so high it looked like her arm was about to pop out of it’s socket.

“Alright Abbs, calm down.” Tony said, resting a hand on the goths shoulder to stop her from bouncing.

“Yeah, my turn!” Abby shouted. She frist dumped out her stocking, which contianed a a computer game, Zombie Killer 2, a new braclet, and some black eyeliner and black lipstick. She opened Ducky’s present, a new hippo (since she had to leave bert at NCIS). “Bert Jounior!” Abby shouted. “Thanks Ducky!” She opened the rest of her gifts, a new shirt from Gibbs, an old gameboy color from Tony, a couple of games for he game boy from Mcgee, a pair of nunchucks fron Ziva, and a new dog collar from Kate. “Kate this is wickedly amazing.” The collar was black with silver studs and a metal ring in the middle. Attacked to the ring, in black outlined in silver, was a charm that said ‘Ally’.

“There’s more, look at the bottom of the box.” Kate told her. Abby looked and, sure enough, there was something in it. It was another charm, that looked exactly the same as the orther one, but this one said ‘Abby’.

“OMJ! Kate I love this!” Abby shouted, wrappin her friends in a giant hug.

Tony went next. The only thing anyone got him were DVD, all of a different viriety, but still DVDs. Fortunately, they were all DVDs Tony didn’t own, and Tony was extremely happy.

Ziva opened her gifts after Tony. Gibbs gave her a new knife, Ducky, a bebe gun. Tony and Kate had both gotten her a set of airsoft guns, while Abby and Mcgee both got her a set of paintball guns. “THese are, as Abby would put it, wickedly awesome. Thanks!” and for the first time in over a month, Ziva truely smiled.

Mcgee was forced, by Kate, to go before her, so he did. Ducky had gotten him a copy of his book (again, he wasn’t allowed to bring it with him, Mcgee really didn’t understand that), Abby had bought him an old typewriter, Ziva got him a new mystery novel, and Kate got the same thing as Ziva. Tony bought him a game similar to the game he played at home. “Now we have our elf lord back!” Tony explained proudly. Gibbs, got him a gift card.

Finally Kate went. She decided to open Gibbs gift first. It was a new sketch book and set of charcol pencils. Abby gave her a book full of water color paper and a set of water colors. From Ducky, she got a book of art history, it was one she had actually been wanting to read for a while. Ziva bought her a set of 120 of the best colored pencils, and Mcgee got her a program where she could scan her art into the computer. Finally, Kate’s eyes rested on Tony present. It was small, but heavy. She started opening it, wondering what the crap it could be, when she saw the lable on the end of it, apple. “Tony, you didn’t.” Kate stated, Tony just smiled.

“I did.”

“No way!” Kate shouted as she opened the rest of the present. Sure enough, it was a new iPod touch, 16 gigs. “Tony, you didn’t have to...” Kate started.

“Hey, you needed a good iPod.” Tony replied.

“Thanks.” Kate replied.

“Am I forgiven for the rude awakening?” Tony asked slyly.

“Oh, you are most definately forgiven.” Kate replied as she wrapped Tony in a giant hug.

The rest of the day was great, or as great as it could be. They had a great dinner, ham and cheesy potatoes prepared by Ducky and Ziva, and most of the day was occupied by play with their new presents. But, in the back of everyone’s mind, was the thought of Tony and Ziva having to go home tomorrow. After Dinner, all of the children were outside. Ziva, Mcgee, and Abby had gone off to shoot Ziva’s new bebe gun, while TOny and Kate were left sitting on the porch.

“Hey Tony.” Kate started.

“Yeah?”

“Could you give me one more Christmas present?”

“Depends on what it is.”

“I want you to help me climb that tree.”

“What?... Why?” This really caught Tony off gaurd.

“A; I want to climb it. B; I want to get over my fear of hieghts. Nw will you please help me?” She halfway begging.

“Ok.” Tony agreed.

“Great, let’s go.” Kate said, pulling on his arm, he didn’t move.

“I’m just gonna tell Gibbs where were going so he doesn’t freak out when he sees us gone.” Tony said. He walked over and opened the door. “Hey, Mr. Gibbs, Kat and I are gonna go into the woods.” He had to use the code names incase someone heard them.

“Rule twelve Trevor!” He shouted back.

“Got it!” Tony closed the door. “Let’s go!” and they both took off at a run tward their tree.
End Notes:
Sorry, this one's pretty long too.
Please send feedback.
The Best Christmas Present Ever by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
"Now stand up and fall."
“Here, I’ll give you a leg up.” Tony offered, and Kate accpeted. He gave her a boost into the tree. Tony quickly followed after her. “I’ll stay below you, There is no possible way of you getting hurt with me as your safety net.”

“Ok.” Kate began to climb, slowly, and unsure of her self.

“That one there. You’re doing great Kate.” Tony encouraged all the way up. Kate quickly stole a glance up, and froze. They were so high up. “Kate, what’s wrong?” Tony asked, sensing her fear.

“We’re... we’re so high up.” she stamered.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Tony reassured. “Sit down for a sec.” Kate did, grasping the tree, her knuckles white.

“Now,” Tony began. “why would you ask me to climb a tree with you if you knew you were just going to get stcuk halfway up?”

“I... I wanted to.. to get over my fear.” Kate explained. “Not doin’ a v..v..very good jbo of t...th..that now am I?”

“No, you’re not. But I have an idea.” Tony said, he back tracked a few branches, he was about two feet below her. “Now, stand up and fall.” Tony commanded.

“What?!?”

“You heard me.”

“Why the hell would I do that?” Kate asked.

“Because, the only way you’re going to beat this fear is if you know your safe. Now fall.” Tony commanded again.

Kate took a deep breath, and considered her options. If she falls, and Tony catches here, she would probably get over my fear. If she doesn’t fall, she’ll never beat this fear. And if she falls and Tony didn’t catch her... she didn’t want to think about that. Finally she decided. Slowly, she let go of the branch and fell. And, sure enough, Tony caught her.

“Oh, my...” Kate trailed off.

“See, I told you you wouldn’t fall.” Tony smiled triumphantly. “Now, let’s climb to the top, I’m dying to see what it looks like up there.” ANd so they did. Thy talked along the way. Joking and laughing until they finally made it to the top.

“It’s beautiful.” Kate whispered. She and Tony were sitting on branches at the top of the tree. The sun was just setting, and already stars could be seen.

“Yeah, it is.” Tony agreed.

“I could spend forever up here.” Kate stated as she stared out over the horizon. “You can see the town from up here.”

“How high up do you think we are?” Tony asked turning to look at her.

“Ninety or so feet. This is a pretty tall tree.” Kate guessed.

“ANd you’re not scared?”

“No. I’m not.” Kate stated in disbelief. “Tony, you cured me.”

“Coolio!”

“Thanks.” Kate said quietly. “This is probably the best birthday present I have ever gotten.”

“Really?” Tony asked.

“Yeah.” Kate leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Tony replied, a little shocked. Caitlin Todd had just kissed him.

“We should probably get back.”

“Yeah.” Tony agreed.

They climbed back down in sclience. When they fianlly reached the bottom and walked back to the house it was 2200. Everyone was already in bed. They both said their goodnights and went their seperate ways. At 2300, when Tony was pretty sure Kate was asleep, he crept across the hall and into her bedroom. Sneaking over to where she layed on the floor, he knelt down, tucked her in tighter, and kissed her cheek. “Merry Christmas Kate.” He whispered, and went back to bed.
End Notes:
Please send feedback. Love it, hate it, tell me!
Dance Preperations by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
It's Valentines Day!!!
They had all survived mid-terms. All getting A’s on them all. They finished them on Febuaray 5th, and on the same day there was a special announcement.

“Heads up students.” The office assistant started. “Next Saturday is going to be our first annual, guys choice, Valentines Day dance. Tickets are four dollars, and you MUST have a date. It is a formal dance, guys suite and tie, girls a dress. NO LIMOS!!! The dance is from seven to midnight. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR! You MUST buy your tickets at your lunch. Don’t forget, and guys, have the courage to ask that special girl out.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Guys choice dance. That means I’m not goin’.” Abby concluded on the walk home from the bus stop.

“Why not Abbs?” Mcgee asked.

“Because I scare over half the guys in the school.” Abby concluded. “How ‘bout you Kate? You think you’ll be asked?”

“Maybe, but I’m not gonna go.” Kate replied.

“Why not?” Again, Mcgee.

“I don’t like dances, plus... Oh, I don’t know.” Kate answered.

“Hm...” Abby was deep in thought.

“What Abbs?” Kate asked.

“Oh, nothin’” She lied. In her mind, she was concocting the best plan ever.

Once safely in her bedroom, Abby pulled out her phone and texted Tony.

ABBY: Hey
TONY: Hey, wats up
ABBY: u r takin kate to the dance
TONY WAT!!!!!
ABBY: u no wat i said
TONY: u r crazy
ABBY: i no u like her
TONY: where’d u get that
ABBY: i saw u tuck her in and kiss her
TONY: u were awake!!!!!!
ABBY:no and thats not what were talkin bout ask here
TONY: no
ABBY: y
TONY: cause she’ll say no
ABBY: no she wont
TONY: well im not askin her
ABBY: ill go if u ask her
TONY: Kk ill find u a date
ABBY: Kk, now come and ask her
TONY: now
ABBY: yes now, she is in the woods
TONY: Kk but if she says no ur dead
ABBY: Kk bibi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Kate, Kate.” Tony called. He had gone into the woods after he had finished texting abby and was looking all over for Kate.

“Yeah Tony?” Kate asked as her head came right in front of his face, scaring the crap out of him.

“Jezze Kate, seems you’re over your whole fear of hieghts thing.”

“Seems so.” she agreed. “Come on up.” Kate ordered and she disappeared back into the trees. Tony followed her lead and they climb together to the top, in mostly silence. Tony still hadn’t figured out what he was going to say. When they reached the top they sat.

“So, what brought you out to thewoods Tony?” Kate asked.

“Oh, umm... I... um... I...” he stamered.

“Just spit it out Tony, you sound like Mcgee.”

“I... I wanted to know... if.. um... if... you’d go to the dance with me.” He finished quickly forcing to words out.

“Oh... I...” Kate was speechless. “It wasn’t a dream.” She thought. “Um...” instead of giving a yes or no, she leaned over and kissed his cheek. After that, she smiled and dissappeared back into the tree. Tony followed her down, and when they reached the bottom, Kate ran. Still confused, Tony shouted.

“Was that a yes?”

“Yes!” came Kate’s faint, far off reply. Tony stood there and smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As it turned out, they were all going to the dance. Tony with Kate (obviously), Mcgee had asked Ziva to go “just as friends” and Tony, true to his word, got Abby a date with his friend, Nick, from math. Truth be told, Nick had crush on Abby and was happy when Tony asked him to go with her. Since this was a formal dance (not prom formal, but still formal) the guys went out to buy suites while the girls went to get dresses, it was Friday, the day before the dance.

“I think you should wear a different color Abbs.” Kate was saying while she, Abby, and Ziva were in the changing room at JC Pennys.

“Yes, Abby, it is a Valentines day dance.” Ziva agreed, “I do not think black is the best color to wear.”

“I don’t care.” Abby argued as she step out of the dressing room. “Plus, it has a red ribbon on it, it works.” And what abby said was true. THe dress was a knee length, spegetti strap, black dress, with a wide red ribbon around the waste.

“Well, you do look amazing in it Abbs.” Ziva complimented as she stepp out of her own room. Her dress was the same shape as Abby’s, but the top half of her’s was white, while at the waist line, it changed to a stunning red.

“Wickedly sweet Ziva!” Abby squealed. “Come on Kate, let’s see yours.”

At the moment, Kate steped out in the most amazing dress. It was a halter that ended right above her knees. It was mostly red with black roses, and it was tight at her chest, but after a black ribbon, it slowly feathered out so it almost clung to her until her waist. Abby and ZIva stared at her, mouths open. “Um... guys?”

“Kate, you look...” Ziva was lost for words.

“BEAUTIFUL!” Abby shouted. “Tony’s gonna love it.”

“Thanks.” Kate replied, blushing.
End Notes:
Feedback apperciated
The Dance by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Title says it all
It was the night of the dance. Tony, Nick, and Mcgee were waiting in the hall for the girls. Gibbs was going to drive them.

“Thanks for driving us Mr...” Nick started, but stopped when he realized that he didn’t know Gibbs’ last name.

“Gibbson.” Gibbs finished for him.

“Yeah, nice jesture, but if the girls don’t hurry up, we’re gonna be late.” Tony pointed out, and at that moment the three walked down the stairs. When they finished assending them, they went to stand by their dates.

“You look amazing Ally.” Nick complemented.

“Thanks Nick.” Abby replied.

“You too Zoey.” Mcgee copied.

“Thank you Tommy.”

“Um, Trevor?” Kate asked, “You there?”

Tony hadn’t said a word. He was standing there, jaw dropped, not able to take is eyes off of Kate. First off, her dress looked amazing, and looked really great on her. But with her hair down and curled so it wasn’t it’s usual length of at her waist but so it ended in the middle of her back, it took his breath away. He was only taken out of it when he felt a hand slap the back of his head, it was Kate’s.

“Trevor?” she asked again.

“You look.... Beautiful.” He commented, blushing slightly.

“Thanks.”

“Everyonr ready?” Gibbs asked, they all nodded. He led them out the door and into the car (after Ducky took about a thousand pictures), and they were off to the dance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Amazing!” was Abby’s first words when she entered the gym. They had decorated really well. THey had strung white lights across the ceiling and, since the ceiling was black, it looked like the night sky with a thousand stars.

“It’s beautiful.” Kate agreed.

THe dance hadn’t offically started yet, so they all sat at a table and talked. Finally the music started and people began to dance. At first, the songs were fast, Rihanna, Beyonce, even Miley Cyrus (which Abby refused to dance to). THey took breaks periodicly, getting drinks and trying to catch their breaths. THey were all having a lot of fun. As the night drew to a close, a lot of people started to leave. By 2355, most everyone had left. Only a few other couples, other than them, were still there.

“Alright folks, this is our last song for the evening, and it’s gonna be a slow one.” The DJ announced. And it was inded a slow song, You Raise Me Up by Westlife.

“Dance with me.” Tony half begged, half ordered Kate. She looked so shocked that she didn’t answer. Tony took her hand and led her to the dance floor, Kate going willingly. Tony placed his hands on Kate’s hips, and Kate placed her’s around his neck. “This is nice.” He whispered to her.

“Yeah, it is.” Kate agreed.

“You truely look beautiful tonight Kate.”

“Trevor.” she warned.

“Sorry Kat.”

“I’m tired.” she half yawned.

“Here.” He said, guiding her head down onto his shoulder, and they dance like that for the rest of the song.
End Notes:
Feedback apperciated
Finals by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Finals bring pain.
The rest of the year ran pretty smoothly. Tony and Kate were still the same old Tony and Kate. They acted as though their moment at the dance never happened. Easter was the same as Christmas, Tony and Ziva’s “parents” left and they stayed with Gibbs and the others. Ziva was struggling in math this semester, and every day came to school ith a new bruise. Before they knew it, Finals were upon them, the school year was coming to a close.

“I find it highly stupid to have a full day at school to take two test for three hours, ad then wait to get our results.” Abby commented. (This was how finals went at their school)

“Well, at least we get to know our results the day of, we don’t have to wait.” Mcgee commented, trying to look on the bright side of things. It was their second day of finals, 3rd and 4th hour tests. Abby, Kate, Ziva, and Mcgee were all sitting in the back of the room waiting to begin.

“Good luck to all, and begin...”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Yes! Four down, two to go.” Tony celebrated as they sat in the cafeteria waiting to recieve their results. They were supposed to be done any minute.

“Thank goodness.” Mcgee agreed.

“Come on guys, school isn’t that big of a torture.” Abby said, chuckling a bit.

“Hey, Zoey, you okay?” Kate asked.

“I don’t think I did very well on my math final.” She admitted.

“You did fine.” Mcgee reassured. “I mean, what’s the worst that could happen.” Tony, Ziva, and Kate all knew that Mcgee couldn’t even think of what could happen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Zoey Simon.” THeir math teacher called her up to recieve her grade. She looked at it and went back to her desk, tears in her eyes.

“WHat’d you get Zoe?” Abby asked.

“I... I... I failed.” She admitted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night Mr. Weaver (Tony and Ziva’s foster father) came home. ANd of course his first question was, “So how did today’s final go?”

“I got two A’s.” Tony answered.

“Zoey?”

“I got an A...”

“An A?” Mr, Weaver asked.

“And... I... I... failed.” she whispered the last one.

“FAILED!!!!!” He shouted. He went around the house, cussing and screaming until finally he came back to the kitchen. “You!” He grabbed Ziva by the arm lifting her roughly out of her seat. “You’re coming with me!”

“Stop! where are you taking her!” Tony shouted following them as Mr. Weaver took Ziva upstairs.

“I’m going to teach her a lesson, and since hitting doesn’t help...”

“No! I won’t let you!” TOny shouted, he knew what he was going to do to Ziva before he even said it.

“Lilian!” Mr, Weaver shouted to his wife, “Keep him out of my way.” and with that he dragged Ziva into his bedroom, locking the door behind him.

“No! Zoey!” Tony shouted. After that, he was hit over the head. Before the lights went out, he heard Ziva cry out in pain, and Mr. Weaver cry out in pleasure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Tony woke up, he was in his bedroom. It was 2100. As he sat up he remembered what happened, and heard crying in the distance. Slowly, he stood up and walked into Ziva’s room. “Ziva.” he whispered. The only answer he got were sobs. “Ziva.” he whispered again as he sat down on the bed. “It’s me, Tony.”

“T..To..ny.” Ziva said through her tears.

“Yeah, hey.” Slowly, Tony lifted Ziva so she was sitting in his lap. While she cried on his chest, he stroked her chest, trying to calm her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony was able to convince Ziva to go to school the next day. But because she was hurt so badly, she got a B and a C on her to finals. Tony, after not getting any sleep the night before, got two B’s. Kate saw the looks and her two friends faces, nd knew she couldn’t hold onto their secret for much longer.
End Notes:
Sorry, I kind of skipped ahead... alot... but I didn't know how to fill the time space.

Feedback appereciated.
Rescue by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Kate finally tells Tony and Ziva's secret, and it may just save their lives.
That night, Kate layed in her bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. The weight of her secret was now to much for her to bear. And now, since Tony failed his last two finals... Before she knew it, tears were forming in her eyes and her feet were leading her downstairs and outside; to Gibbs shed.

"Hey Kate." Gibbs greeted in a somewhat cheerful tone. Then he saw her eyes, sparkling with suppressed tears. "What's wrong?" 

Before she had a chance to say a think,  her she ran over to him and was sobbing into his chest.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"You FAILED!" Mr. Weaver shouted for the seventh time that night. "You stupid..." *slap* "usless..." *slap* "ungrateful thing!" and with a good kick to the ribs, Tony was on the ground clutching his sides. "I knew we should have never agreed to take you in. We didn't need or want you. We only became foster parents for the tax deductions!"

"Why are you only hitting us!" Ziva shouted from the other side of the room. "We told someone, months ago. We should be dead!"

"Zoey!" Tony started.

"I do not care anymore, I am ready to die." 

"Is that so?" Mr. Weaver asked as he walked over to a cabinet and drew out of it a gun. "Then you'll be the first to go." He cocked it...
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Kate, what's going on?" Gibbs asked again, harsher than before.

"Tony… Ziva… danger… my… fault…" she answered between receding sobs. 

"Tell me what happened." Gibbs ordered.

Kate told him everything, the abusing, Ziva being out of school, the way Ziva looked in school that day, Tony failing… "And now, because Tony failed hs last two finals, I think he's gonna kill him, both of them."

Silently, Gibbs pulled out a badge and a gun. "Stay here."

"Gibbs, where are you going?" 

"I'm going to arrest two bastards who are hurting my agents." He answered.

"And how are you going to do that?" he called after him.

"I'm Oregon PD!" He called back…
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

Kate was by the front door of the Weavers' house. She couldn't stay at home, so she followed Gibbs against his orders.

"Then you'll be the first to go." She heard Mr. Weaver say, and the a gun cocked.

"Freeze. Oregon PD, hands in the air!" Gibbs shouted. She knew he was now in the basement and descended the stairs. Mr. Weaver held Tony in front of him, gun pointed at his head. Tony look terrible. Blood caked his face, turning a purtrid shade of crimson, his shirt was torn and his side was bruised. Ziva was on the complete opposite side if the room, tied to a chair, her shirt was torn worse than Tony's, and bite marks were evident. Kate gasped at the sight, no one heard it. Gibbs stood firm, his gun pointed at Mr. Weaver.

"Come any closer an the boy dies." Mr. Weaver threatened, his voice reassuring that he would. He tightened his grip on the gun.

"Let him go." Gibbs commanded.

"You have twenty seconds to leave. If you don't, they both die." He indicated to Ziva. "If you leave, you can have the girl." 

"Not good enough." Gibbs replied.

"Twenty… nineteen…" he stared counting down.

"No!" Kate shouted as she emerged from the stairs, she head straight for Mr. Weaver and attacked him. Although she was mostly biting, her attack was affective. She bit his wrist hard enough that he dropped the gun and Tony. Tony collapsed to the groun and crawled twards Gibbs. Kate continued to attack until Mr. Weaver fell o the ground. As he did, he grabbed his gun and shot Kate. The bullet hit her shoulder and she stumbled back so she was resting against a wall. As soon as Kate was out of the way, Gibbs took two shots, both hitting Mr. Weaver in the chest, killing him istantly.

"Kate!" Tony shouted running over to her. "You okay?" he asked as he sat down next to her (because by that point, Kate had slid down the wal so that she sat on the floor). Tony began putting pressure on the wound.

"Yeah, it's only a flesh wound." She answered, wincing and Tony put more pressure on it. 

Gibbs was on the other side of the room, untying Ziva. "You alright?" he asked as he took off his jacket and gave it to her. She nodded in answer, and agibbs led her over to where Tony and Kate were. "Kate, take 'em home, have Ducky look at 'em and you too." Gibbs ordered.

"NO!" came an unexpected, shrill cry front he stairs. It was Lilian Weaver. "You!" she pointed her finger at Tony. "You killed him, how could you!" she was about to run to her husband when Gibbs cuffed her and read her her rights. Gibbs gave his agents a look and they all left. 

Before they knew it, they were home, being fussed over by Ducky and being bombarded with questions from Mcgee and Abby (but mostly from Abby). Ducky led Ziva away to run a rape kit, which proved that she was fine. They all stayed in the living room talking until one by one they feel asleep.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$
Gibbs came home around 0300 to everyone asleep in the living room. Ducky in an arm chair, Abby and Ziva both curled up on opposite ends if the couch, and Mcgee on the floor. Tony and Kate were nowhere to be seen. It was then that he noticed that the screen door was open. When he looked out he saw Kate and Tony curled up in the grass asleep, and he just left them there. 
End Notes:
This chapters pretty long, sorry.

Please R&R
Starlight Talk by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Why were Tony and Kate outside?
~ 3 hours earlier~

"Hey, Ducky, where's Kate?" Tony asked as he walked into the living room. Ducky had just finished looking everyone over. Ziva had fallen asleep on one end of the couch, Abby on the other, and Mcgee was sleeping on the floor. Kate was no where to be seen. 

"I think she went out side." Ducky answered mid yawn. Tony thanked him and then went outside, leaving the screen door open. Sure enoguh, Kate was sitting in the grass with her knees at her chest. Slowly, Tony approached her. "Kate, you ok?" 

"You said you'd be careful." was Kate's response.

"I know." 

"You almost died."

"I know."

"Why are you so calm?"

"I know I almost died to save a friend, I did the right thing."

"You almost died." Kate repeated, her voice barely a whisper.

"But I didn't." Tony answered. Kate turned her head away from him. "Kate, look at me." She wouldn't. Tony took her chin in his hand and turned her head twards him. After what seemed like forever, she finally met his gaze. "I'm alright, I'm here, I lived, I'm not leaving any time soon."

Kate lost it. She couldn't hold it back anymore. She let one fall, one little almost invisible one fall, and he saw it. With his thumb, he brushed it away, and that's truely when she lost it. She leaned into him, laying her head on his shoulder, she let her tears flow, and didn't try to stop them. Tony was schocked. He was seeing one of the strongest women he knew break down. He did the only thing he could think of doing. He held her as she cried, stroaking her hair and whispering reassureance. When she finished crying, she didn't move. Instead, she stayed where she was and told him one thing, "I don't know what I'd do without you Tony."

"Really?" shocked

"Yeah."

"Wow... All this time, I made Caitlin Todd fall for me."

"It's not that amazing Tony." Kate replied, lightly hitting his chest.

"Yeah it is. I fell for you so I thought there was no way you could fall for me."

Kate didn't respond to that, she just lighty kissed his cheek, and gave a content little sigh. 

"You tired?"

Again, Kate didn't answer, she just yawned.

"So am I." He replied, chuckling a little. He started to get up, but Kate just layed down where she was. 

"I'm satyin here." Kate said as she curled up.

"Fine." Tony agreed, as he layed down. As soon as he was comfortable, Kate rested her head on his shoulder, and fell asleep, and he soon followed.
End Notes:
In my opinion, this chapter is very sappy, but sometimes, some sappiness is needed.

Please R&R
Ziva Breaks Down by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Ziva finally confronts what happened
For once, the justice system didn't take long to decide Lilian Weaver's punishment, 10 years in jail for assistance to child abuse. Tony and Ziva both testified at the trial, Ziva even mentioning her rape. Kate was asked to testify too, but Tony told the prosituction that Kate didn't know anything of use, and she didn't have to testiy. After only a day at trial, the jury found Mrs. Weaver guilty and she was sent to jail.

Two weeks after the trail and Tony and Ziva were still livng with Gibbs and the others. Then, one day at dinner, Gibbs made an anouncement. 

"I have found Tony and Ziva a new home."

"No Gibbs!" Kate shouted, "You can't do that."

"I won't let you." Abby agreed.

"You didn't let me finish." Gibbs restarted. "I found Tony and Ziva a new home here with us."

"Really Boss?" Tony asked slightly syrprised.

"Don't question the man Tony." Kate said slapping the back of his head. "You get to stay, both of you." 

"We are staying here, right? In this town I mean." Mcgee asked.

"Yep, we're stayin." Gibbs answered.

"Yeah!" Abby squealed as she jumped aronud the kitchen.

"Abigail settle down." Ducky requested and Abby did as she was told. Ziva still hadn't said a word (actually, she hadn't said anything since the day of the trial).

"Ziva, we're staying, isn't this great?" Abby asked. Ziva didn't answer, she just stared into her food.

"Ziva, you okay?" Mcgee asked.

"No, I am not." She answered. "I don't want to stay here."

"Why?" Tony asked, confused.

"They all know, I'll be the freak. I'll get these looks, people will tell me they are sorry when they didn't do anything. Don't try to tell me that's not true, I have recieved the same treatment from you guys." Ziva answered, and no one knew what to say. Ziva, feeling as though she proved a point, went back to playing with her food. Everyone stared at her, she was right. All of them at some poin or another treated her like that. Finally, Gibbs spoke.

"Are you saying you want to go home, back to Isreal, back to Mossad?"

"No, but..." Ziva didn't have a reply.

"You can't send her back!" Kate shouted. "I won't let you."

"And why not?" Gibbs asked.

"Because... because.... well I can't tell you why but..." Kate was saying, until Ziva spoke.

"My father was abusive, worse then the Weavers. I missed school for a month because of what he did to me." Ziva's eyes were misty. "When I came here, I did so without my father's permission, he was firious. When I transported Ari's body home, he almost killed me with his beating, and he would have, but he recieved a call from the Jenny asking me to work for NCIS and he reluctantly agreed. Jenny saved my life. Now, I was in the exact same position, and I can't take much more. I can't stand the looks, can't stand the pain, I don't want to try."

"Ziva... I..." Abby tried to say something, but for once she was speachless.

"No one has to say anything. I'll just have to manage." Ziva reasoned, her voice barely a whisper. "Excuse me." She stood up and left the house. They heard her open the grage, grab her paintball gun and some bullets, and run into the woods. 

"Poor Ziva." Abby whispered.

"Yes, it is very tragic to hear stories like that, especially when we see it break down someone so strong." Ducky agreed. 

"Hey, where's Gibbs?" Tony asked. No one had an answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one had seen him leave after Ziva, even she hadn't seen him. Now in the shadow of the trees, he watched her as she took shot after shot at a tree and even though she was only standing five yards back, she was missing her mark every time. He could see the tears being supressed in her eyes. Finally, he stopped her.

"Can I take a shot?" He asked, making her jump.

"Jezze Gibbs, you scared the crap out of me."

"That was my intention. You okay?"

"Obviously not." Cold as ice.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you not okay?"

"Why the hell do you have to ask? For ten damn months I was being abused. Attacked everyday even if I did nothig wrong. I was fuckin raped, Gibbs, and you need to ask why the hell I'm not okay!" it was harder for her to stop her tears now, slowly they began to fall. "And to top it off, I'm going to have to go to school and be the odd one out, the one who was  played with. I'll get looks from everyone teacher included! I can't deal with that Gibbs, not again, never again." she was really crying now. Her legs couldn't hold her anymore and she fell to the ground as her tears began to flow faster and faster, quickly soaking her face.

"Ziva, I asked you so this would happen. You needed this, you needed to feel like this, this was good for you." While he was talking, he started to make his way over to Ziva. By the time he had finished talking, he was on his knee next to her trying to comfort her, but she kept pulling away from his touch. He finally was fed up, and tried to hold her, but she fought against him, hitting his chest and pulling away. He wouldn't let her be. Finally, she stopped, reluctantly letting him hold her, comfort her, not liking it, but  in the same way cherished it. Soon, she calmed down, her tears weren't coming as quickly and then they stopped all together. He still held her, and she didn't refuse. She began to talk though.

"Gibbs, why did you do that?" 

"Because you needed it." he answered.

"No, why did you hold me."

"Because, I felt like I should. You never had a father Ziva."

"Yes I have. Sure he wasn't the best father, but I did have one."

"Ziva, Eli David is not your father. He hurt you Ziva, that's not what a father does. A father is supposed to protect, not hurt, love, not hate. He, Ziva, he's not a good man, he's not a father."

"So, a father is someone more like you?" She asked, but didn't let him answer. "Yes, Gibbs, you are a father, our father. None of us would be here with out you. Look at Abby, you already are her father. I'd like to think of you as a father, and I think the others would too."

"Ziva, I can't..."

"I know, you lost Kelly, but Gibbs, it's not your fault. You couldn't have stopped it. Plus, she's not dead." She added the last part in barely a whisper, hoping he wouldn't hear her.
End Notes:
Again, one of the sappier chapters

Please R&R
A Daughters Return by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
"She's... She's not dead?"
"She's... she's not dead?" He asked.

"No, she's not. The crash killed Shannon, but not Kelly. She was in criticle condition, but she survived. They told you she died so she could go into witness protection. She alive Gibbs, alive and well."

"I want to see her." He whispered.

"You will." Zive reassured.

"When?"

"Soon. The people who killed Shannon are the ones who are thretening us. Witness Portection is putting her with us."

"When will she be here?"

"Soon, very soon."

"Let's go back. The others are probably worried."

"Yes. We should." Ziva was smiling for the first time in days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ziva's life had pretty much gone back to normal (as normal as it could be) and they were all happy once more. After his talk of fathers with Ziva, Gibbs had changed his attitude and was treating them more like his children then his agents. Then, on one afternoon, a car pulled up the driveway, an a little girl stepped out, she looked to be about eight, and had long blonde wavy hair. As soon as she stepped out of the car, she saw the team, they were all standing outside waiting for the girl. 

"Daddy?" The girl asked cautiously and Gibbs smiled. "Daddy!" She shouted running twards Gibbs. Gibbs held his arms open and the girl jumped into them. "Daddy." She said again burying he head into his neck.

"I missed you princess." He whispered to her, kissing her head. "Everyone, this is Kelly, my daughter."

Every gaped with mouths open, Ziva just smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay, so what?" Tony asked as he stared at Kelly.

"Why don't we have Kelly tell us what happened." Ziva suggested. By this point they were all sitting in the living room each in their own chairs except for Kelly who was sitting on Gibbs' lap.

"Well, when our car crashed, Mommy died, but I survived. No one knows how, but I did. So, while recovering in the hospital, they decided to put me in witsec and tell Daddy I was dead. When I woke up I was in a desert in New Mexico and living with two agents, Mary and Marshel. I lived there for a long time, ten years. Then, two days ago, they gave me this pill and I became eight again. They then told me I could return to my Dad, and now I'm here. But I was told I'd be living with seven adults, including Daddy, but I see two adults and five kids?"

"We are adults, sweetie," Kate explianed, "we were just given a pill too, so we can hide from the same people who killed your Mom."

"Oh." Kelly said as she looked around the group, then finally looking at Gibbs. "So these are my older brothers and sisters?" Kelly asked.

"No." an agent answered, "I'm with the child services Mr. Gibbson and I'm afraid were going to have to take the triplets."

"No!" Abby, Mcgee, and Kate shouted. 

"You can't." Tony said grabbing onto Kate, "Can he?"

"No, he can't." Gibbs answered.

"I'm sorry Mr. Gibbson. They'll stay in this town, just in a different home. Katherine, Thomas, and Alice, please go and get your things."

Somberly, all of the chldren left to help the others pack, including Kelly.

"You can't take them." Gibbs stated again.

"Mr. Gibbson, there's nothing you can do."

"Yes there is. Mark my words I will get these children back. And I already know how..."
End Notes:
Small reference to In Plain Sight here.

Please R&R
Goodbye by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
The triplets leave
"Can he just do that?" Tony asked once they were upstairs.

"I guess, cause he just did." Kate said as she shoved her laptop into her bag.

"I don't want you to leave." Kelly complained.

"Don't worry Kelly, you'll still see us." Abby reassured her with a hug.

"You guys ready?" Mcgee asked as he and Ziva walked into the room.

"Yeah." Abby and Kate replied sadly. 

"Kate." Tony said as he grabbed her wrist.

"Yeah?" 

Tony quickly wrapped her in a hug and said, "Be safe, and if you end up with an abusive couple who only wants you for tax deductions, run back as quick as you can and I'll protect you." 

"Ok Tony, I will." she promised. They then went to go downstairs just as Gibbs and the child service guy had finished their conversation.

"Oh good, you're ready, let's go." the agent said.

"Bye guys." they all said, Abby almost in tears. 

"Tom, take care of them." Gibbs said as he shook Mcgee's hand.

"I will." He promised.

"Ally." Gibbs started, but before he could say anymore, Ally had wrapped him in a giant hug.

"Don't make me go." She begged.

"I'll get you back, don't worry." Gibbs replied hugging her back. Soon to soon for either of them, he had to let her go.

"Bye Gibbson." Kate said.

"Bye Kat." Gibbs replied. "Here." He handed her a cell phone. Wrapping her in a hug he whispered, "Kat, you're in charge." and let her go. Kate nodded her understanding. 

"Bye guys." They all said in unison, and then followed the child service guy out to the car. "Wait, I for got something." Kate said as she quickly ran back to the grage where the ones who were staying were. Kate ran over to Tony and hugged him tighly. He held her in his arms For a moment until she pulled back and looked him in the eyes. "Don't turn back into a skirt chaser while I'm gone."

"Never." He promised, "I have you." Kate smiled and kissed his cheek. Finally, he let her go.

"I'll see you soon." she promised as walked to the car and got on. Slowly, the car pulled out of the driveway, and drove away.
End Notes:
Final chapter of this story. Please tell me what you think!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3354