9th grade by mcgeekfreak
Summary: 9th grade begins with a bang!
Categories: Gen, Het, DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Other, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Series
Pairing: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 7694 Read: 65722 Published: 12/14/2009 Updated: 02/06/2010
Story Notes:
2nd story in my Back to School series.

Please R&R

1. 9th grade by mcgeekfreak

2. The story by mcgeekfreak

3. Conversations by mcgeekfreak

4. Adoption? by mcgeekfreak

5. First Day by mcgeekfreak

6. Pricipal's Office by mcgeekfreak

7. It's Christmas Again by mcgeekfreak

8. Trial Prep by mcgeekfreak

9. The Trail Part 1 by mcgeekfreak

10. Lunch Break by mcgeekfreak

11. The Trail Part 2 by mcgeekfreak

12. The Verdict by mcgeekfreak

13. Good News and Bad News by mcgeekfreak

9th grade by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
9th grade begins with a bang!
"Tony… Tony… Tony wake up… TONY!!"

"Huh, what?" Tony asked as he grogly sat up.

"Tony wake up." 

"Why" It was Ziva, why she was in his room, he had no idea, but she was. He glanced at the clock, "Damn Ziva it's 6:30, why the hell are u waking me up?"

"Because it is the first day of school, wake up." and with one good tug on the sheets, Tony was on the ground, landed with a loud thud, which woke Kelly up. 

"What's going on?" Kelly asked wiping sleep from her eyes.

"Nothing, sweetie." Ziva reassured, "Come on, I'll take you back to bed okay." she said as she laid a hand on Kelly's back and led her to her room. 

Tony sat up and sighed, it had been three months since he had seen Kate. He didn't want to go to school, he already knew she wouldn't be there. She had texted him earlier that week telling him that her new 'parents' were send her, Mcgee, and Abby to a private school. He shuddered at the thpguht. He himself had gone through private school, and it pure torture (and that was putting it the nicest terms he possibly could). 

God, he missed Kate. They had finally admitted there feelings and she had to be taken away, far away, across town. Sure they texted often, but he missed seeing her. He loved her new hair and hoped she didn't change it. He needed to see her so badly, he hadn't felt this way since his last serious relationship. Then again, he had never been in a serious relationship so this is the first time he has ever felt like this.

"Tony, come on we need to leave in a half an hour." Ziva called again, pulling Tony out of his dream like state and forcing him to get ready for school.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Kate... Come on Kate get up. Please Kate." Abby said as she violently shook Kate trying to wake her up.

"Abby go away." Kate groaned turning over.

"No, you've gotta wake up, we have to go to school." Abby replied not backing off.

"I'm not going." Kate replied. 

"Kate, you've gotta." Abby answered shaking harder.

"No, not without the others it's not right." Kate curled back up and tried to sleep.

"Humph." Abby pouted and stood up, "Fine. MCGEE!"

"What Abby, what's wrong." Mcgee asked as he ran into the room.

"Kate won't wake up." Abby whined.

"Kate, come on, wake up." Mcgee said softly as he sat down on Kate's bed. 

"No." she acted the same way she did to Abby.

"Kate, I know You don't want to, me and Abby both don't want to. But we have to, it's our jobs. We all miss them, we want to see them as badly as you do. I know you miss Tony, but he would want you to keep doing your job. Plus, Gibbs'll get us back soon and we'll all be together again, okay?" 

"Okay Mcgee." Kate replied.

"Good, now come on get ready." Mcgee ordered as he stood.

"Fine." Kate replied as she stood up and walked out of her room to go get breakfast. On the stairs she saw her new foster parents, Mr. and Mrs. Domvich, were standing in the middle of the foyer. "Good morning!" Kate called down at them.

"You stupid girl, you killed our leader!" Mr. Domvich shouted as he pulled out a detonater. "Now I will kill you."

"MCGEE!"

"BOOM!!"
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Morning Boss." Tony said as he entered the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"DiNozzo." he replied.

"Jethro, I think you should take a look at this!" Ducky shouted from the living room.

"Yeah Duck?" Gibbs called back as he went to the living room, Tony and Ziva following.

"Watch." Ducky ordered.

"A town house in Green Field was blown up this morning. Reports state that three children and there foster parents were in the house." At that moment that showed one of the kids, it was Abby.

"Damnit!" Gibbs shouted as he went to grab his keys.

"I'm coming with you." Tony said matter-of-factly

"Tony..." Gibbs was about to order him to stay put, but Tony had this look that told Gibbs he wasn't backing down, so he said, "Fine, Ducky stay here, get Kelly up. I'll call you when I find out what hospital there at. Ziva, stay here." And with that, Tony and Gibbs left.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

Upon arriving at the scene, Gibbs saw an ambulence and he and Tony ran over there. 

"Gibbs!" Abby shouted as she saw him. He ran over to her and hugged her tightly. "You okay Al?"

"Fine, but Kat isn't." Abby sobbed.

"They took her to the Green Feild hospital Mr. Gibbson" Mcgee told him.

"Thanks Tom." Gibbs replied. "Trevor, stay with them, I'm gonna go find a doctor and take Tommy and Alice with us."

"Okay." Tony replied as he sat down next to Abby, who was crying her eyes out. She didn't look bad, a couple of scratches, same with Mcgee, but why was Kate taken to a hospital?
End Notes:
2nd story in my Back to School series.

Please R&R
The story by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
What happened to Kate?
Abby was still crying, Mcgee was silent, and Tony was trying to comfort him both, but that one question was still nagging at him.

"Hey, Tommy," he started laying a soft hand on Mcgee's shoulder, "what happened to Kat."

"I… she… she was going to get breakfast. I… I heard her say goodmorning to our… our foster parents. They… they shouted at… at her saying th… that she was stu… stupid and that she… she ki… killed their leader. The bomb went o… off then. I… I was in my ro… room, Al… Alice was in hers. We… we weren't hit b… by the  ba… blast, Kat was." he studdered, obviously shaken up. "W… we ran out wh… when we th… thought it was clear, a… and it w… was. Th… there w… was blood and body p… parts everywhere. Kat… Kat was cov… covered in… in it. Sh… she was unconcious. I… I tried to g… get her to… to wake up b… but sh… she wouldn't." he was begining to cry now.

"Shhhh, it's okay Tommy, shhh." Tony reassured. At this point Gibbs came back. He looked at Tony. 

"Tommy told me what happened." Tony explained.

"I… I'll g… give a statement t… to B… Boss." Mcgee cut in.

"Okay Tommy, okay." Gibbs replied, and then he continued to adress Tony. "They're gonna come with us, Kat is under my custody too. We're going to go over to the hospital, Ducky'll meet us there." he recieved a nod from Tony, "Come one Al." he picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck, hiding her face in his shoulder. Her sobs had been reduced to silent tears and she felt better being in Gibbs' arms. 

They all loaded into Gibbs' car, Gibbs driving, and Tony, Mcgee, and Abby in the back. They drove to the Green Field hospital and rushed in.

"I'm looking for Katherin Simmins." Gibbs said as he stood at the counter.

"I'm sorry, you are?" the nurse working the desk asked.

"I am the man who has custody of her, now tell me where the hell she is!" he shouted.

"She's in surgury sir." the nurse replied, looking as though she was about to cry.

"Well tell me when she's out." Gibbs replied, stalking off to sit in a chair, Tony, Mcgee, and Abby followed. Soon after Ducky arrived with the others. 

"How's Kat Daddy?" Kelly asked as she went over to her Dad.

"I don't know, she's in surgury." Gibbs replied as he lifted her into his lap.

"I didn't think it would be that bad." Ducky said.

"Well it is." Ziva replied curtly. She didn't want her words to sound so poisinous, but she couldn't help it, it was how she delt with pain.

"She'll be okay though, right?" Kelly asked, looking for some reassurence. No one answered. "Daddy, tell me she'll be okay." Kelly tried again.

"I wish I could, Kells." Gibbs answered. "I really wish I could."

They stayed like that in the waiting room, silent and worried, for 2 hours. Finally, a doctor came out.

"Is this the family of Kathrin Simmins?"

"Yes it is." Gibbs replied standing up and setting Kelly down.

"I'm doctor Greg Herris, and Katherin is not in the best shape. She's fine, she resting now, but she did have a lot of injuries. Broken ribs, internal bleeding, and she was scratched up quite a bit. She'll have a few scares on her arms, she was able to protect her face from most of the damage, but other than that she'll heal stasfactory. You can see her now if you want, but she'll be asleep." the doctor offered.

"Please, what room is she in?" Tony asked.

"She's in room 309, but only two may go up at a time and only fir thirty minutes each." and with those instructions, the doctor left.

"Jethro, take Abigail up first, I think it would be good for her. Then I will go up with Timothy, and Tony and..."

"No, Ziva and Kelly will go before me, Ducky, I…" Tony trailed off.

"Okay then, Ziva and Kelly, and then you, Anthony."

"Sounds like a plan, come on Abbs." Gibbs said as he led her to room 309.    
End Notes:
Please R&R
Conversations by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
In room 309
GIBBS AND ABBY

"Hey Kat." Gibbs whispered as he sat down next to her. Abby sat on the other side of her.

"I'm sorry Kat, I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." Abby said and continued to repeat.

"Why are you sorry, Al?"

"Because, I made her wake up, if I hadn't, she would have been in her room and she would have been fine and not unconcious in the hospital and…" Abby went on, her tears returning.

"This is not your fault Al." Gibbs reassured. "Those bastards were going to hurt her with that bomb anyway, you probably saved her from her death. If she hadn't come out, they probably would have gone into her room and set off the bomb there, then she would be dead. If anything, you save her Al."

"Thanks." Abby replied, and then fell silent, looking at her best friend…

DUCKY AND MCGEE

"Hello Katherin." Ducky said as he entered the room. "How good it is to see you my dear."

"Hey Kat." Mcgee said as he sat down, taking her hand.

"Thomas, would you like to say anything to Katherin?" Ducky asked.

"Okay, I will." Mcgee replied as he began to talk (no longer studdering for he had calmed down), "I know you're gonna be okay Kat, you always are, and this time will be no different. I wish you were awake though, and I wish this had never happened. I don't even know how they found you, we were so well hidden. But they did, and let's hope that it's only those two…

ZIVA AND KELLY

"Kat!" Kelly exclaimed as she ran into Kate's room.

"Shh, Kelly, she's asleep." Zive reminded.

"Oops, sorry Kat." Kelly now whispered as she went to go sit In  Ziva's lap. "Hey, Zoey, who did this to her?"

"Some very bad people Kelly." Ziva answered.

"Why?"

"I don't know." 

"Oh." Kelly fell silent for a moment. "Will Daddy catch the people who did this?"

"Of course he will, he always does." Ziva reassured. Then Kelly hoped out of her lap and walked over to Kate. 

"Don't worry, Kat, Daddy'll catch the bad people who did this to you, he always does." and she gave her a hug…

TONY

"Hey, Kat." Tony said as he entered her room. The doctor was right, she was in bad shape. Her face was red, but her arms were covered in peeling flesh and sratches. She looked… well there wasn't a word for what she looked like. If anything, she looked like she had been blown up. 

"I… I don't know what to say…" he hesitated, looking around to see if there was anyone there, "Kate. I missed you a lot, and I thought that when I saw you again you wouldn't be in a hospital. How did they find you? I… I…" he stopped, tears threatening him again.

"To… Tony?" a small voice.

"Kate?" Tony asked, shocked.

"Tony, they found us, how…"

"Shhh. Don't talk, you're safe." Tony said as he smoothed down her hair. "I'm gonna call a nurse in to check on you, okay."

"Tell her not to let the others come up." she begged.

"Okay." Tony agreed, surprised by he request. "I will."

As Tony had said, he called in a nurse, and told the nurse not to let the others come up and see Kate. The nurse agreed, but asked Tony to leave.

"No!" Kate half shouted when she heard this. "Let him stay, please." she begged.

After a long look, the nurse agreed. She finished checking Kate a half hour later and left them alone in the room, telling Tony to feed her ice chips every once in a while and to make sure she rests. After five minutes of silence, Kate said, "Gibbs in 3… 2… 1…" and at that moment, Tony's cell rang.

"Boss… I… it was Kate's decision… I… fine. He wants to talk to you."

"Fine, here." Kate said as she took the voice. Instantly, when she began to talk, her voice shook. "H… h… hi G… Gibbs. I kn… know but… O... Okay." and she hung up.

"What was with the studdering?" Tony asked.

"I… I don't know who to trust anymore." Kate replied.

"But…"

"I'm tired." Kate cut him off and settled down to sleep.

"Okay." Tony replied. He leaned down and kissed her head. "Night Kate."
End Notes:
As usually, I ask you please R&R
Adoption? by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Gibbs talks to a judge
After a week, Kate was allowed to return home with Gibbs. She, Abby, and Mcgee were staying with Gibbs until other arangements could be made. As Kate had said, she didn't know who to trust anymore, so she stayed with Tony most of the time. Tony was too afraid to leave her alone and refused to leave her side. 

Gibbs was on his own mission while Kate was in the hospital. He had made a few calls and was now meeting with a judge.

"They are happy with me, your honor, I believe that it would be in their best interest to live with me, all of them." Gibbs explained.

"Yes, but do you know for sure that it is?" the judge asked.

"All I know is that they cannot be split up again. The triplets were just in a bombing situation and the twins were abused. They are comfortable around eachother, they need eachother, your honor." 

"I will say this. I will consider your request, Mr. Gibbson. The children can stay with you, for now. But in January, I will set them in fron of a jury and let them decided. Truthfully, I do not believe that a house of six children being taken care of by a father and his father is a very food living situation. I will see you in January."
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Everyone come downstairs please!" Gibbs called upstairs and then heard six pairs of feet run down the stairs and into the living room to join himself and Ducky. 

"What is it Gibbs?" Mcgee asked.

"I talked to a judge today…"

"Why did you talk to a judge, Boss?" Tony asked.

"I talked to a judge, Tony, because I want to adopt you guys. The judge said you would stay with me until January when we will be put in front of a jury and they will decide whether you will stay here or not. Are you all okay with that?"

"Hell yeah we are Gibbs!" Abby shouted as he ran over to hug him. 

"Oh, and one more thing. You guys are going to start school again tommorw, you scheduals are in the same order as last year, just different core classes. Kate, you also now have two art classes instead of one, okay."

"Yeah, th… thanks Gibbs." she replied. 

"Good. Now go on and get some rest, okay." Gobbs ordered.

"Night." they all said as they headed back upstairs to go to bed.
End Notes:
This chapter is really short but important
First Day by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
First days are always the worst.
"Ready Kat?" Tony asked as they hopped off the bus and walked up the sidewalk to school.

"Not really." Kate answered truthfully.

"Don't worry. You have at least one of us in each of your classes, you'll never be left alone." Mcgee reassured as he walked up next to them. 

"But what will I say to people who ask what happened when they see our scars?" she asked fearfully. It was true poeple were going to ask that. Abby and Mcgee both had minor scars on their arms and Mcgee had a small one on his forehead. Kate had a ton, they completely conered her arms and there were some on her stomach and legs.

"Do not answer." Ziva advised. "It is none of there business and they do not need to know."

"And if they won't leave ya alone after that, you'll always have one or more of us to back ya up." Abby added smiling.

"Okay, let's go." Tony said as he opened the front door to start their 9th grade year.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Hello, Mr. Winfield, sorry we're late we had to get our scheduals." Tony appologized as he and Kate entered the art room.

"Yes yes very well um… Trevor and… oh Kat so wonderful to have you in my class once again, and for two hours too. Yes yes, come on sit down. Kat you are over there and Trevor you may sit…"

"Would you mind if I sat next to her?" Tony asked.

Mr. Winfield looked over at them and saw the fearn Kate's eyes. "Very well, you may sit next to her Trevor. Now, I already have two trays made up for you and we were just getting ready to make our sketch books so please go and grab your things and we can begin."
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Well, well look who's back." and nasty voice sneered as the team sat down for lunch. "I thought for sure after what happened you'd all be outta here for good."

"Shut up Kevin." Tony said.

"Wow, Zoey, you really recover fast.  I thought being raped scars a person for life. You seem to be unaffected by it."

"Back off, Kevin." It was Mcgee this time.

"And you three. Blown up. How sad." He turned to face Kate. "And you got hit by the worst of it. You look okay. There's not even a scar on your pretty little face." he reached out to caress her face. The second he touched it, Kate grabbed his arm, flipped him over her back, and he landed on the table with a thud. Before she punched him in the face, she looked at him, he looked small and scared, and she hesitated.

"Go ahead, bitch, hit me." Kevin egged on.

"Kat, back off, he's not worth it." Trevor advised. 

Kate stood over him just staring. Then, she brought her fist down and it connected with a sickening crack on the table. Craddling her hand, she backed off and went over to Tony. He looked at her hand.

"Damn Kat, looks like you broke some knuckles." Tony observes. He looked up at Kate who was on the verge of tears. "Come on." He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and began leading her twards the office.

"Yeah, go on bitch, you couldn't hurt a fly." Kevin shouted. Ziva came over and stood in front of Kevin. "And what do you want, bitch?" And at that word Ziva punched his jaw.

"You will stop treating my family that way, bitch." Ziva threatened and then quickly ran to join Tony and Kate. Tony gave her an odd look. "It had to be done." Ziva answered. "You okay, Kat."

"Y… Ya. Th… thanks Zoey." 

"No problem. Now, we must get you to the office, and then Gibbs will probably make you come home so Ducky can fix you up." She smiled, and Kate smiled back.

"Hey, Zi, there's a teacher coming after you." Tony warned.

"Ah, let her. I did the right thing."

"Zoey, Kat, you both need to come to the office with me." It was their science teacher, Mrs. Milke. "Trevor, you can go back to lunch."

"No, I'm staying with Kat." Toy refused.

"Trevor, please…"

"Mrs. Milke, I am not going to leave Kat's side at the moment and if protecting her gets me in troble then so be it."

"Fine, Trevor, you may stay with Kat, but you will have to stay outside the principal's office when she sees him."
End Notes:
Please R&R
Pricipal's Office by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Title says it all
"Katherin." The principal called out of his office.

"Go ahead, Kat." Tony said.

Hesitantly, Kate stood and walked through the door and into the principal's office. 

"So, Kat, I see you flipped Kevin over a lunch table. I am quite impressed by your strength, but why did you do it?" he asked.

Kate didn't answer. In fact she wouldn't look at him. She knew her principal, Mr. Ashmen, was a kind man, but she didn't trust him and was scared.

"Kat, please answer the question." He tried again.

"I… I… want to see Trevor." Kate said.

"You can Kat, after you answer the questions." 

"Please let him come in, please." She begged.

"Kat, I know your scared, but please answer."

"He… he… was making fun of us." Kat finally answered. "He laughed at Zoey, and then he laughed at me and called me a bitch. He touched my face and I attacked out of self defense." 

"I see." Mr. Ashmen said as he wrote down what Kate was saying. "Now why did Zoey punch him?"

"To protect us. To tell him to back off. She's like that. Please let me see them." Kate begged, new tears forming in her eyes.

"Okay, Kat, you can go and see them." He said and led her to the door. On the other side, Mcgee and Abby had joined Tony and Ziva. Abby and Mcee looked as of they had been beaten up and Tony and Ziva were tending to them.

"Mrs. Milke, what happened now?" Mr. Ashmen said looking exausted.

"Kevin got back up after Zoey punched him and his goons attacked us sir." Abby said. She probably had the worst injury. The stitches that were still in her head ripped and she was bleeding. Upon seeing this, Kate flashed back.

~She was on a gurney, and she opened her eyes. She saw Abby, blood running down the side of her face and Mcgee with blood covering his arms. Then, everything was dark…~

"Kat, Kat you okay? Kat." She vaguely heard Tony's voice. 

"Kat, I'm okay, my stitches just reopened." It was Abby.

"Al… blood… hurt…"

"Kat, Kat it's okay." Tony reassured.

"Al… hurt…" Kate repeated, her eyes watery.

"Kat?" Tony asked, but Kate was too choked up to answer. "Come here Kat." 

Kate practicly threw herself into Tony embrace where she broke down. Tony held her and pet her hair.

"Kat, Kat you okay?" Gibbs asked as he ran into the office. Kate didn't even attempt to answer. "Is it okay for me to take them home?" Gibbs asked.

"Yes, they can go." Mr. Ashmen answered, "Take care of them, they're good kids."

"I will, don't worry." Gibbs reassured. "Come on. Trevor let me get Kat." 

Kate shook her head clinging onto Tony. "It's okay, sir, I'll carry her."

"Okay." Gibbs agreed. Tony quickly lifted Kate into his arms and carried her out to the car. When he sat down, Kate leaned over onto his shoulder and fell asleep.
End Notes:
Hey, I need an opinion for what will happen at the end of this series. Anyone interested in helping please email me. Thanks :)

please rate and review
It's Christmas Again by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
It's the most wonderful time of the year
After the incident, most kids left the team alone. Kate went back to being almost silent, and her teachers were giving her special treatment. Kate knew all of the other students were talking about her behind her back, and it went to a point that Kate refused to go to school. After a week of this, Gibbs pulled all of the kids put of school and had Ducky home school them. They were all more comfortable at home and their grades rose imediately.

Kate's status improved almost istantly after being taken out of school. Surrounded by the only people she trusted, she relaxed, she talked more openly, and was almost always In a good mood.

Before they knew it, it was Christmas time again. They had their whole, big, shopping trip, and did the same thing for Christmas Eve. 

On Christmas Day they all awoke to a loud bark. All of the children got up and ran downstairs. "A dog!!!!!" Kelly yelled as she ran over to it. The large, black lab ran to meet her and jumped at her. She bent down and let it lick her face. "Daddy, you got us a dog?" She asked.

"Yes and no. This is my new partner, Mason." Gibbs explained.

"That's not a good name for this cute guy Gibbs." Abby complained.

"I agree." Ziva back her up.

"Then, you guys can rename him." Gibbs offered.

"I say Black Fang, Fang for short." Abby sugessted.

"No, Cuddles." Kelly argued.

"I don't think that is the best name for a police dog, my dear." Ducky observed. 

"Oh, I guess your right." Kelly agreed.

"How about Tov." Ziva offered.

"I say Killer." Tony.

While everyone was arguing, Kate sat on the couch and listened. Soon, the dog wondered over to her. He sat down and put his chin on her knee. She began to pet the dogs head, and he jumped up onto the couch. He sat right next to her and licked her face. She continued to pet him vigorously. "Your such a good dog aren't you." The dog nodded in agreement. "You know, they paired you up with a really great guy, you kind of remind me of him." The dog barked in agreement and Kate laughed. 

Everyone stopped and looked at her. Kate was smiling, Kate was laughing, Kate looked like the old Kate. It was nice. Her perfect smile shone brightly as the dog continued to lick Kate making her smile grew bigger and bigger. 

"Kate…" Tony started.

"JJ, his name should be JJ." Kate announced.

"Why JJ?" Kelly asked as any curious nine year old would.

"For Jethro Junior." Kate explained, "I don't know, it just sorta fits." She smiled as the dog barked, agreeing.

"I like it." Tony said.

"Me too." Abby said.

"So, JJ it is." Ziva finalized.

And so the new addition to the family was named.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

This Christmas went by the same as the last. They all opened their presents, layed around all day, and then ate a delicous meal prepared by Ziva and Ducky. Of all the presents they got, they all agreed that the dog was the best. 

The dog had also found its favorite person, Kate. JJ would sit obedintly at her side, and he made her smile all day. Kate fell in love with JJ imediately and found comfort in him.

At the end of the day, everyone went to bed, and JJ was no where to be seen. 

"Hey, Duck, have you seen JJ?" Gibbs asked as he looked for his new partner.

"If I had to guess, I would think he would be in young Caitlins room." Ducky said as he desended the basement stairs to go to bed (for you see, when the "triplets" came back they needed another room, so Ducky volenteered to sleep in the basement because he liked the cooler tempeture down there).

Sure enough, when Gibbs entered Kate and Abby's room to look for JJ he was asleep next to Kate in her bed, and Kate was using his neck as a pillow, a smile on her face. Gibbs smiled, tucked Kate in tighter, and left JJ there.
End Notes:
Please R&R
Trial Prep by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Time to meet a lawyer
The new year passed and all was well, until Gibbs recieved a phone call on the 5th of January the day the "kids" went back to school after break.

"Hello, Mr. Gibbson?"

"Yes." Gibbs replied.

"We have a date for your day in court."

"And that day would be..."

"Monday, Febuaray 2nd. Your judge is Judge Harris, and you are in court room 2 at 8 am. Do you have any questions?"

"Nope, thank you." and with that, Ginbs hung up.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"Hey, team meeting in the livingroom." Gibbs called up the stairs. Imediately he heard all of the "children" run downstairs with JJ.

"Okay," Gibbs started as everyone sat down, "We have a court day. Monday, Febuaray 2nd at 8am in court 2. Now, a lawyer will come over either tomorrow or the day after to talk to us and work on our defense. Is that okay with everyone." They all nodded, but Kate timidly raised her hand.

"Yeah Kate?"

"Will I have to testify?" She asked. Een though she was getting better, she was still slightly afraid of people and didn't like talking in public. 

"I don't know Kate, but if you do had to, will you?" 

"Yeah, I guess." Kate agreed.

"Okay. Now go and do your homework." and they all left.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

The next day, a lawyer was there. She was a she with long blonde hair and glasses. She had a kind expression and seemed nice. "Hi she said as they came home from school, "Im Nichole, your lawyer. I'm here to talk about the corut day."

"You guys ready?" Gibbs asked.

A choirs of sures and why nots followed Gibbs question and they all went to the kitchen table and sat.

"Okay, so from what I can see, Mr. Gibbson, Kat, Trevor, and Zoet will most definately have to testify. Alice and Tommy may have to, but I highly doubt it." Nichole started.

"Wait, did you say Kat will most definately have to testify?" Mcgee asked.

"Yes I did, is that a problem?" Nichole replied.

"No, it's… it's fine." Kate answered.

"Okay then, so…" Nichole continued, but Kate blanked out. Unconsciously she pet JJ's head and thought to herself. 'I most definately have to testify? Well, I should have expected that since I was the one who was blown up, but still. Maybe they'll let me bring JJ up with me, that would be nice. I could act blind then maybe…

"Kat, you still with us?" Tony asked, startaling Kate and forcing her out of her thoughts.

"Oh… um… yeah, sorry." Kate replied.

"So," Nichole continued, "Trevor and Zoey, you're going to have to describe you're abuse is great detail, that includes the rape Zoey, and then describe what change after you lived here for a while. Is that okay?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Okay, then Kat, you're going to have to explain the living situation with the Domviches. Then, the bombing day, what happened and all of that, and then how things changed when you came to live here."

"C… can I bring JJ?" Kat asked. The dog looked up at the mention of his name.

"I can ask the judge, but don't be surprised if he says no."

"Okay."

"So, is there any questions?" No one said anything. "Okay then, call me if you need any help with preparing for the trail, but otherwise see you on the second."
End Notes:
Please R&R
The Trail Part 1 by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
The trail begins, will Gibbs be granted custody?
The days before the trail flew by and soon it was court day. Nichole called a few days after their meeting saying that Kate would be able to bring JJ to the trail with here. 

And then the trail day was upon them. Everyone was up by five that morning to get ready. They were all dressed in suits and skirts, Abby, of course, in all black. They were at the courthouse at 7 o'clock, Kelly half asleep, the others drinking coffe. 

"Kate, sleep, you need it." Tony told her as they sat on a bench.

"I don't need it, Tony, I'm fine." She argued.

"Kate, I know you slept at most an hour last night. Come on, sleep." Tony argued.

"If I lay down, then will you be happy?" She asked.

"No, if you lay your hard on my shoulder and try to sleep then I'll be happy."

"Fine." She layed her head on his shoulder and, to her disbelief, fell alseep.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

Kate woke up to JJ nuzzling her leg. It was 7:50 and they all headed into the courtroom. Tony, Ziva, Abby, Mcgee, and Kate were seated in a special area on the left side of the room. Kate sat on the end of the area with JJ sitting next to her on the floor. Gibbs sat at a table with Nichole, and Ducky and Kelly sat in the audience. The judge entered the court promptly at eight o'clock and the trail began.

"I am Judge Harris. I am running this court. Plaease do not give me a reasonto kick you out. Now, opening statements."

Both the prosicuter, Harry, and the defendent, Nichole, made their opening statements. Then, Harry called Tony to the stand.

"So, Trevor, how old are you?" He started.

"Me and my twin are both fourteen, so are the triplets." Tony replied.

"I see. Now, what was your life with the Weavers like?" 

"They were abusive." Toy answered.

"Can you elaberate?"

"Mr. Weaver who was the one who was  basically in charge of us, threatened us. Saying that is we didn't get all A's in school, we'd be beaten, if we were late, beaten, anything we did wrong ended up with a beating."

"I see. Now, how about now, with Mr. Gibbson."

"Life's great. Mr. Gibbson is like a real father to us. I feel safe around him, plus I live with my best friends. I know that if we are ever seperated again, it would kill us."

"Do you know that for a fact, or are you just being over dramatic?"

"I know this for a fact."

"How?"

"I'll let Kat answer that question." Tony answered not saying anything else on the subject.

"Nothing further."

"Trevor, you said that life was great with Mr. Gibbson, becase of who you live with. What about Mr. Gibbson, what is your impression of him?" Nichole asked.

"Well, like I said, Mr. Gibbson is like a real father to me, not a foster father. I mean, I'm a guy, I'm not gonna say anything all mushy gushy, but I have a nice life here. It's safe."

"Thank you, nothing further." Nichole went back and sat down.

Harry stood up and said, "The people rest, your honor."

"You may step down, Trevor." The judge said, and Tony quickly walked back over to the others. 

"The defense calls Zoey to the stand." Nichole said, and Zoey followed Tony's lead and went and sat at the stand. "Now, Zoey, you are fourteen correct."

"Yes."

"And when did you turn fourteen?"

"July seventeenth." 

"So when Mr. Weaver reaped you, you were only thirteen, correct?"

"Yes." Zoey replied after hesitation.

"Zoey, I know it's hard, but could you please describe you're rape?"

"Objection, relevance?" Harry asked. 

"The jury needs to see what her life was like before she went to live with Mr. Gibbson." Nichole explained.

"Okay, Zoey please answer the question." Judge Harris commanded.

After a long moment Ziva began, "On the day that I had my Math final, I came home to tell Mr. Weaver that I got a C. He was furious. He grabbed me by my arm, and pulled me upstairs. Trevor chased after us, demanding to know what Mr. Weaver was doing. Mr. Weaver didn't answer, but told his wife to care of Trevor, and she knocked him out. Mr. Weaver brought me into his bed room and stripped menof my clothing. He forced me onto the bed and handcuffed me to the headboard. He then removed his… privets from his pants and raped me." 

"And you're life with Mr. Gibbson." 

"I feel safe around Mr. Gibbson. I know that he won't hurt me. Like Trevor said, he's like our real father. I like living with him."

"Thank you Zoey. " Nichole had nothing else to say, and helarry didn't have any questions for her, so she went back and took her seat next to Mcgee.

"We will take a recess for lunch and rejoin in the court room at 2:00. Court dismissed."

"Come on Kat." Tony said after the judge bangged his gavel.

"Trevor, can I have some coffee?" Kate asked half asleep.

"Yes, Kat, yes you can." Toy replied smiling leading Kate out of the courtroom.
End Notes:
Please R&R
Lunch Break by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Lunch
"This is hard, Mr. Gibbson." Ziva said as they sat down at lunch.

"I know, Zoey, but you're doing great." He replied squeezing her shoulder lighty to comfort her.

"I'm going to have to testify when we go back in, right?" Kate asked as she continued to drink her coffee, black.

"Yeah, you ready?" Gibbs asked.

"As I'll ever be." She replied feeding the ham on her sandwich to JJ who barked in thanks.

"I'm sorry." Tony said.

"For what Trevor?" Kat replied.

"You know when of the first questions the prosicution is going to ask is, 'what did Trevor mean when he said, "I'll let Kat answer that"?'. I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that."

"It's okay, I'll just answer the question."

"Well, truthfully, I wish I could do more than just sit in the audience and watch." Ducky complained.

"I know you do, but I wish I could either sit with you and do nothing or accually be questioned or something." Abby whined.

"Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to testify, Ally." Mcgee said.

"You really should Al." Tony agreed.

"How much longer is this going to take?" Kelly asked. Everyone could see that she was getting board.

"Probably the rest of the day, Kells." Gibbs answered.

"Oh." Kelly replied and went back to eating.

"Kat, are you sure you're okay?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you haven't eaten anything and you look as though you want to run." 

"Okay, I'm a little nervous, but who wouldn't be." Kate replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

"It's understandable, my dear, but we are all a little concerned about what will happen when you go onto the stand." Ducky said, "You haven't even told us what happened, and now you have to tell a bunch of strangers."

"I'll be fine." Kate reassured.

"Kat…" 

"I said I'll be fine, Trevor."

"Okay." Tony ended his line of questioning. "And hey, with JJ, nothing can go wrong, right?"

"Right." Kate repeated and JJ Barked at his name.

"Court will reconvene in  ten minutes." A bailif said and then walked back into the courtroom.


"I guess we should head in." Gibbs said as he sat up.

"Yes, we should." Ducky agreed and with that they rentered the courtroom.
End Notes:
Please R&R
The Trail Part 2 by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
The second part of the trail
"Okay, the prosicution may begin." Judge Harris said once everyone was settled.

"The prosicution calls Katherin to the stand." And with a small hand squeeze from Tony, Kate stood up and walked over to the stand, JJ at her heels.

"Katherin…"

"Please don't call me that." Kate interupted.

"Why?" 

"The Domviches called me that, I didn't like it."

"Well then, what would you like to be called?"

"Kat."

"Alright then, Kat, my first question is why is there a dog with you?"

"Objection, relevance?" Nichole asked.

"Curiosity of the jury, your honor." Harry answered.

"Sustained. Harry please continue." Harris said.

"Fine. Kat, you and your brother and sister are how old?"

"We turned 14 in August." Kate answered.

"I see, so you are the same age as Trevor and Zoey?"

"Yes." Kate answered wondering why he had to ask such an obvious question.

"Can you please explain your life with the Domviches?"

"They seemed nice enough. They didn't threaten us with abuse like the Weavers did, but they weren't the friendliest people either. They were nice enough until…" she trailed off.

"Until they blew you up?"

"Yes." Kate answered petting JJ's head.

"Can you please describe what happened?"

"It was the first day of school. I didn't want to get up. I was kind of depressed without the others."

"The others being?"

"Mr. Gibbson, Kelly, Zoey, Trevor, and Ducky." Kate answered.

"Who is Ducky?"

"Ducky is Mr. Gibbson's father. He doesn't like being called 'grandpa' or anything like that. So when we first met him, he told us to call him Ducky."

"I see. And when you said you were kind of depressed, is that what Trevor reffered to as 'it would kill us'?"

"Yes, I was almost to the point of suicide as it was." Kate answered truthfully and heard and audible gasp from Abby.

"But why would that kill all of you?"

"It would he a chain reaction. If I were to die, Trevor would probably be next, and so on and so forth."

"I see. Now, can you please continue to explain the bombing?"

"Yes. So as I had said, I didn't want to wake up. Ally and Tommy both got me up, and I began to walk downstairs to get breakfast. I saw the Domviches in the foyer below and said good morning." She stopped for a moment, stopping the tears that threatened her. She looked at JJ who licked her palm and continued, "Mr. Domvich shouted at me, you stupid girl, you must die. I called for Tommy, but the bomb went off. I woke up for a split second while on a gurney. I saw Tommy and Alice both scartched up and bleeding, and the house covered in blood and body parts. I don't remeber anything else until I woke up in the hospital with Trevor by my bedside."

"Why was Trevor by your side?"

"Everyone came to visit me, Trevor was just the one who was there when I woke up."

"I see. Now what is your life like."

"I'm still scarred by the bombing. I don't trust many people. I feel safe around these people, I'm recovering. Please, don't take me from them." Kate begged.

"Nothing further."

"Nichole, do you have any questions?" Judge Harris asked, hoping the answer was no.

"No, your honor."

"Kat you may step down." Kate did so quickly, JJ still following her.

"You did great, Kat." Tony whispered to her. She looked up at him and he saw her unshed tears. He took her and in his and squeezed it, the only thing he could do in the courtroom.

"At this time, the jury will convene and decide the verdict. Court will return in two hours. Dismissed."
End Notes:
Please R&R
The Verdict by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
The verdict is read
"God, I was so scared up there, I don't know why, but I was." Kate said as she wipe all of the tears out of her eyes.

"Hey, you did great." Tony said wrapping her in his arms and kissing her forehead.

"Trevor, please not in public." Gibbs said.

"Sorry sir."

"I think it's cute. I mean we all knew it was gonna happen so why hide it?" Abby asked cheerfully.

"Okay, can we stop talking about it and change the subject please." Kate begged.

"Trevor and Katherin sittin' in a tree." Kelly started.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Abby and Kelly choursed together.

"That's enough you two." Ducky said. "Although I must say that it was quite amusing." 

"Ducky!" Kate said outraged.

"I'm sorry, I just do." Ducky replied chuckling.

"Subject change please." Mcgee groaned. 

"Why, Tommy, does our fun annoy you?" Ziva asked.

"Yes."

"Well that just makes the fun funner." Ziva replied smiling.

"Okay, okay, new topic." Abby said.

"I need coffee, anyone else?" Gibbs asked. Everyones hand shot in the air except Kelly's. 

"Can you get me some hot chocolate, please?" She asked sweetly.

"Sure thing. I'll be back." and with that he left.

"So what do we do for two hours?" Mcgee asked.

"Well, I'm going to take JJ for a walk, any want to join me?" Kate asked.

"I will." Tony said, and before Abby could say anything he added, "One word and your hair will be pink tomorrow."

"Got'cha." Abby said, but smirked.

"Back." Gibbs said fifteen minutes later.

"Hey, Mr. Gibbson, Trevor and I are gonna take JJ for a walk."

"Alright, but be back before the verdict is read."

"Okay." and with that the two left.
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

"So." Tony said as he and Kate sat on a bench watching JJ play with other dogs.

"So." Kate repeated.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Tony asked for the umpteenth time.

"Yup."

"Then why were you about to cry?"

"Reliving something like that is hard, Tony, anyone would almost cry during something like that."

"Oh." Tony said not knowing what else to say.

"Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"What's gonna happen now?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," Kate adjusted herself so she looked straight at Tony, "we're probably going to all live with Gibbs now, and he will try to keep us seperated as much as possible because of rule twelve and all. So what happens now."

"All I know is that I have never felt this feeling before, between you and me, and I'll do anything to keep it."

"Okay." Kate fell silet for a moment. "We should probably head back."

"Yup." Tony agreed.

"JJ!"
€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$€$

Tony and Kate reached the court room without a moment to spare and took their seats. The second they sat down, the jury came out and the judge asked, "Has the jury reached a verdict."

"Yes your honor. We find that the children have a happy life with Mr. Gibbson and they should stay with him."

"Yes!" Abby cried out and they all celebrated. JJ barked along with them and Nichole congradulated them. After the short celebration, Gibbs walked over to the judge and signed the adoption forms, but allowed the five "children" to keeptheir maiden names, a special treat for Tony and Kate.            
End Notes:
Please R&R
Good News and Bad News by mcgeekfreak
"Gibbs." Kate said as she stuck her head into his room. It had been three months since the trial. Since then, they had all gone back to normal school. They had ajusted well, and were happy. "May I come in?" 

"Yeah Kate." The one thing that had changed the most was Kate. Smiling and laughing, she had changed the most. Now she looked small, small and scared.

"Come here, sit." Gibbs said as he made room for her on the bed. She sat on the very edge of it until he half lifted her onto it, forcing her to sit next to him. "So, what's on your mind?" he asked.

"I was… I mean… have you heard anything from Director Shepard?"

"About?"

"About who tried to blow me up?" She asked, her voice shaking as she did.

"Hey," he said wrapping an arm around her shoulder, "I know this is hard, Kate, I do. But, Jenny hasn't called yet. If you want I'll call her tomorrow."

"Really, thanks Gibbs." Kate replied.

"Dont worry bout it, Kate. Now go on," he hugged her quickly, "get some sleep. Tomorrows the last day of finals, right?"

"Yeah, I should probably sleep. Night, Gibbs."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Director Shepard."

"Jen, it's Gibbs." Gibbs replied.

"Ah, Jethro, long time no see."

"Well yeah, Jen, you were the one who forces my team into hiding."

"Yes, now what can I do for you?"

"Have you figured out who tried to kill Kate yet?"

"As always, Jethro, you're timing is astounding. Agent Thoms's team just found the answer yesterday."

"And…" Gibbs said a little annoyed.

"And…"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kate." Gibbs called when he heard the agents come down the stairs before they left for their last day of school.

"Yeah Gibbs." Kate answered as she joined Gibbs in the living room, followed by Tony, Mcgee, Abby, and Ziva.

"I called the director today."

"Really, how's she doin' boss?" Tony asked.

"Fine Tony. Anyway, agent Thomas's team found out who tried to kill you."

"And…" Kate asked.

"And it wasn't the druggies."

"Then who was it?" Ziva asked.

"They, only the two of them, were extreme followers of our friend Ari. They were the only two. No one is coming after anybody."

"Yes!" Abby squealed.

"Yes, this is all great." Kate said smiling brilliantly, "But of we don't hurry were going to be late for school."

"Yes, go, see you when you get back..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Schools out for summer!" Abby began singing as she and the others started a long walk home form school (For the had decided to walk).

"Yes it is, Abby." Tony agreed cheerfully.

"3 months of summer, and we're together, I can't wait!" Kate exclaimed.

"Neither can I." Mcgee agreed as the began to cross the street. There was a red light and no cars were coming.

"Zoey look…" Abby started but it was two late, when Ziva had reached the middle of the road and was ahead of the others, a car sped out of nowhere. Ziva saw the driver but before she could say anything, the car ran her over and sped off.

"Zoey!" they called running over to her. Abby began to call 911 while Mcgee called Gibbs.

"My father, he has found me." Ziva choked out and everything turned dark.
End Notes:
Last section of ninth grade. Sorry this story was suckish, I needed a filler before tenth grade. Please r&r
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3446