Tenth Grade by mcgeekfreak
Summary: A new year begins
Categories: Gen, Het, DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Ziva David, Timothy McGee, Other, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Kate Todd, Donald Mallard, Anthony DiNozzo, Abby Sciuto
Genre: Series, Action
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate, Gibbs/Ziva
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 9214 Read: 77030 Published: 02/18/2010 Updated: 08/27/2010
Story Notes:
Please rate and review

1. Tenth Grade by mcgeekfreak

2. First Day by mcgeekfreak

3. Nightmares by mcgeekfreak

4. The Email by mcgeekfreak

5. Split by mcgeekfreak

6. Trapped by mcgeekfreak

7. Safe by mcgeekfreak

8. Round 2 by mcgeekfreak

9. Trouble again by mcgeekfreak

10. Conversations by mcgeekfreak

11. They're back by mcgeekfreak

12. Explanations by mcgeekfreak

13. Apologies by mcgeekfreak

Tenth Grade by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
A new year begins
"Click… click… click…"

"Tony, cut it out!" Abby shouted finally annoyed with Tony's pen clicking.

"Well sorry Abby, but I'm nervous here. That's what I do when I'm nervous."

"Why you nervous, Tony?" Kelly asked laying in the floor surrounded by crayons, a coloring book in front of her.

"Becasue, Ziva's finally coming home, we haven't seen her in three months." Tony replied. This was true. On the last day of school, the "twins" and "triplets" had walked home from school and Ziva was run down by a car. She had been in a coma for the past three months and when she finally woke up, Gibbs immedately had her released from the hospital so she could come home. Kate, Tony, Mcgee, Abby, and Kelly were all waiting for Gibbs and Ducky to come back with Ziva. Suddenly, they heard the grage door open and in walked the three they were waiting for.

"ZIVA!!!!!!!" Abby shreiked as she ran over to hug her. Ziva hugged her back just as enthusiacticly and smiled.

"I have missed you too, Abby." She replied.

After greeting her, they imediately had what Gibbs called a "team meeting".

"Why do we keep having these rediculous things, Gibbs?" Tony asked as he sat down.

"Becuase they're important." Gibbs answered. "Now, Ziva was correct in her assumption that her father has found her, because it's true."

"Oh my god." Kate said, laying a hand on Ziva's shoulder.

"What are we gonna do, Boss?" Mcgee asked.

"We're gonna do what we've been doing for the past two years. We are going to act like a father and his grandfather with a 10 year old daughter and five 15 year old adopted children."

"And when my father comes and attacks me?" Ziva asked.

"He won't." Gibbs answered simply. 

"Gibbs, someone he sent was able to find me and ran me down with a car, and you think he will not find me and attack me?"

"He was only able to find you because you had a GPS device implant, my dear. According to the doctor, you have had it for a long time." Ducky said.

"He… I… That son of a bitch!"

"Whoa, Zi, settle down." Tony said.

"No, I will not. He did this, without ke knowing, without my consent, and he didn't even tell me about it!" Ziva shouted. 

"I know Ziva." Gibbs said. "And he now has lost track of you, and he will think that we left. This is the last place he's gonna think to look. That is why you're safe." 

"I do not understand your logic." Ziva replied. "But I do trust you, Gibbs."

"Thanks, now, everyone off to bed you have school tomorrow, Ziva…"

"Gibbs if it is all the same to you I would like to go to school with the others tomorrow." Ziva said, cutting Gibbs off before he could finish what he was saying.

"Ziva, I don't think…" 

"That is a very good idea, I know, Ducky. But if I don't go, who will be there to protect them from the vicious bullies of our new high school?" 

"Fine, Ziva, you can go. Now off to bed all of you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, can I come in?"

"Sure, Gibbs." Ziva answered as she turned around to see her boss standing at the bedroom door of her room. "What seems to be the problem?"

"The problem is with your reason as to why you want to go to school tomorrow." Gibbs answered as he went to go and sit at the foot of her bed. "I know what you said is just a cover for the real reason."

"And, you would like to know the truth?" Ziva asked.

"Yup."

"You will not understand, so what is the point?" Ziva asked as she continued to get ready for the next day. Gibbs walked over to her and layed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"I won't, until you explain."

After a minute, Ziva sat down on her bed, and Gibbs sat next to her. "My father," She began, "was abusive, as you know. He put a lot of pressure on me about my grades and about school. If I messed up on a test, if I missed a day of school, he would hurt me. In my mind, if he did find me, and he saw me doing well in school and going everyday, that maybe he would not hurt me. It is stupid, I know, but…"

"It's not stupid, Ziva." Gibbs said cutting her off. He wrapped her in his arms and gently kissed her head, "It isn't stupid at all."

"Then, I am allowed to go tomorrow?" She asked, the question muffled slightly by the fabric of Gibbs' shirt.

"Yes, but if you want to come home for any reason, just call me."

"Okay, Gibbs."

After Gibbs released Ziva, he tucked her in.

"Hey, Gibbs."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks, for everything you've  done for me." Ziva said as she snuggled deeper underneth the covers.

Gibbs smiled a little and leaned down next to her. "Everything I've done for you, Ziva, is what your father should have." and with another kiss to her temple, he left her to fall asleep.
End Notes:
Please rate and review
First Day by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
First day of high school
"Yes, we're in highschool!!!" Abby shouted on the way to the bus stop. 

"Abby, we've already been in highschool." Mcgee reminded.

"Yes, and I loved every minute of it." Abby replied.

"Whatever Abby, I just can't wait for this whole undercover thing is over." Tony said.

"It may never end, Tony." Ziva said realisticly, "We may be stuck like this for the rest of our lives."

"Gee, thanks for the optomisum Zeee-vah." Tony replied.

"You're welcome." She smiled.

"Ready for a full day of suckishness?" Kate asked as the bus pulled up.

"Today isn't gonna suck, Kat, it's the first day of highschool." Abby repeated.

"Okay, you just keep tellin yourslef that, Al." Tony replied as he took the seat next to Kate. 

"I agree with Ally. I never went to highschool. I believe this will be fun." Ziva said.

"You never wen to highschool?" Mcgee asked.

"No, my father pulled me out of school in 8th grade to do… more important things."

"That is really not good Zoey." Tony said. 

"Ya think Simon!" Abby replied impersonating Gibbs.

"Not funny, Al." Kate said, holding back her laughter.

"Yes it was." Abby smiled. As she finished speaking, they pulled up to the school and exited the bus. Once the bell rang, they split up and went there sperate ways to go to there lockers and first hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ziva had gone to her first two hours and was now seated in her third, Creative writing. She and Kate both had this class and she was waiting for her. Just before Kate walked in, a girl did, and Ziva recgognized him instantly. He was an old childhood friend.

"Tuni?" Ziva asked as she walked up to the girl.

"Tina." The girl replied, "How are you…"

"Zoey." Ziva answered, "What are you doing here."

"You're father sent me. He wants you to come home."

"If you are in contact with him, then tell him I have a new family with a new father and one who actually cares. Please tell him that I will not return to him." Ziva replied and then saw Kate walking in and waked over to her.

"Hey, who was that?" Kaye asked.

"A girl from my first hour." Ziva lied and then sat down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gibbs!" Ziva called as she ran into the house a head of the others. Fear had been eating at her all day and she need to tell him.

"Ziva, hey," he started but as he saw her run straight into his arms he changed his tone of voice.

"He's here. He knows I'm still here."

"Ziva calm down. What happened?"

"Tuni, an old friend of mine, she is in our school. She told me my father wanted me to come home. He's found me Gibbs, I…"

"Shhh.... Ziva calm down. It's okay, he won't hurt you."

"Gibbs, he knows where I am, what do you mean…"

"He won't hurt you because I won't let him. Don't worry." He lightly kissed her forehead to assure her. "Now go on, relax." And Ziva left.
End Notes:
Please review
Nightmares by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Ziva relives her past in a dream
"Ziva… Ziva you have got to wake up. Ziva!"

"Ari, what do you want." Ziva whined. 

"Ziva you have to pack now. We're going away."

"Why, Ari?"

"Ziiiivaaaaaa!" her father shouted as he barged into the room. He was drunk and he had a gun.

"Ziva get down!" Ari shouted as he covered her with his own body. Her father shot and Ari died ontop of her.

"Ari!" Zva shouted. "No, Father, don't....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
"No… no don't… no…"

"Ziva. Ziva wake up. Ziva."

"Huh!" Ziva shot up in her bed. She looked at her hands, they weren't cvered in Ari's blood. She looked at her shoulder, it hadn't been shot.

"Ziva, relax, what happened?" Gibbs asked as he ran his had up and down her back.

"I just had a nightmere Gibbs. It's nothing, I'm fine."

"Obviously it's not nothing. You've been having nightmeres for the past two months. Your father hasn't come for you, but you're really freaked out about this aren't you?"

"Yes." Ziva answered. "In my dream, I was six. Ari was trying to take me out of the house before my father could hurt me. But he was too late. My father shot Ari dead, and he fell on top of me. I was covered in his blood. Then, my father came up and shot me, that's when you woke me up."

"Did this ever really happen, Ziva?" Gibbs asked.

"Yes, but he didn't kill Ari, he just pushed him away."

"But, he did shoot you?"

"Yes, my shoulder, I was out of school for a month." Ziva admitted.

"And no one said anything, Ari, Tali, no one?" 

"Tali was one and could not speak. Ari was going to say something, so my father locked him in the basement until my wound healed and he couldn't prove anything." Ziva said. "I sat in the basement with Ari, I brought him food and took care of him because my father wouldn't. Ari was shot once or twice by my father. Tali wasn't shot, but was hit. I was shot and hit. I got the worst of my father."

"Ziva…"

"Do not say anything Gibbs. I don't need anyone to say anything. I have lived through it. I can live through it again."

"Zi, you're not going to have to live through it again, I'll be here. Now, go back to sleep."

"Okay, I will, but…"

"Ziva, quit doubting, you'll be fine."

"Okay." Ziva finally said wanting to end the arguement. "Night."
End Notes:
Please rate and review. I know this story is great but please I need some feedback
The Email by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
"Ziva," it began, "I'm truely sorry..."
After a long night of fighting off nightmeres, Ziva woke up at seven, finding it impossible to fall asleep. She imediately went downstairs for breakfast. Gibbs would normally be sitting in the arm chair in the living room drinking coffee and watching the news, but he wasn't there. Ziva figured he went into work early and didn't think anything of it. After eating, she went into the office and sat down on the computer. She started watching a video on Youtube and soon fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, Zi? Ziva wake up."

"Huh…" Ziva groaned as she sat up.

"You okay?" Mcgee asked.

"Hmmmm, oh yes, I am okay, Mcgee." Ziva answered as she sat up.

"Well, why are you asleep, on the computer?"

"Obviously I'm not sleeping on the computer." Ziva answered.

"That's not what I ment. I mean why are you asleep here and not in your bed?"

"Because I woke up and could not go back to sleep, but when I came down here I could and did. Why are you so concerned?"

"I'm your friend, Ziva, I worry about you."

"That isn't nesacary, Mcgee."

"I know, but that's how I am."

Mcgee then left the room. Ziva turned back to the computer screen. She logged on and checked her email. She had two, one was junkmail, but one was from Gibbs.

'Ziva,' it began, 'I'm truely sorry. I didn't want this to happen this way. I had to leave you guys, and I can't come back. I am sorry for any pain this causes you, or the others. Don't worry about Kelly, she's with me. I am truely sorry, Gibbs.'

"Hey! Kelly! Kelly where are you?" Tony called as he came down the stairs. "Hey have you seen Kelly?" He asked as he stuck his head into the office.

"No, but I know where she is." Ziva answered, her voice quavering.

"What…" Tony started, but then he read the email. "That Bastard." He said when he finished reading. He turned to Ziva, and saw how she was reacting. "Zi…"

"I am fine, Tony." She said getting up and leaving the room. She walked into the kitchen and was greeted by everyone. 

"Hey, Ziva, have you seen Kelly."

Before Ziva could answer, Tony walked in. "I think you all should read this." He said laying the printed copy of the email on the kitchen table.
 
"Oh my god." Kate whispered. "How could he?" She choked up a little from anger.

"I know, Kate, I know." Tony whispered wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"But… we need him here. Why would he leave us without protection. How could he leave Ziva without protection?" Abby half shouted.

"I do not need protection, Abby." Ziva replied as she sat down at the table. 

"You're crazy Mossad father is coming to take you home where he might kill you, Ziva. Why the hell do you think you don't need protection?" Abby was shouting now.

"I know because I am strong enough to take care of myself!" Ziva shouted. "I do not need Gibbs to coddle me like I am some weak child!" She continued, tears begining to form in her eyes. "And if he had to leave then that is his own damn problem. If he wanted to leave I say good ridence!" She finally broke and ran out of the room. She didn't want to talk to anyone. She ran straight onto her bed, buried her head into her pillow, and sobbed. "Ari" she said in Hebrew, "I wish I had never killed you, I need you." 

Then, she heard a knock. "Go away." she answered.

"No," someone replied. They sat down on the bed and watched her for a few seconds before saying. "I'm sorry, Ziva, I didn't mean anything I said." 

"Never apologize, it is a sign of weakness." Ziva replied to Abby's apology.

"Well, I don't care." Abby answered. "Im sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry…" she continued until Ziva finally sat up and looked at her.

"Please, stop Abby." She said slightly annoyed by the goths actions."

"I really didn't mean anything, Ziva. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee forgive me?" 

"Fine, Abby, I do forgive you."

"Yeah!" Abby replied, wrapping Ziva in a hug. Ziva halfheartedly hugged her back. 

"If you don't mind, Abby, I'd really like to be alone."

"Oh, okay." Abby replied as she left the room.

Ziva stared down at her tear stained pillow and forcefully wiped away any tears left on her face. "Gibbs, you're one giant son of a bitch and I don't care if I ever see you again."
End Notes:
Like it, hate it, tell me!
Split by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Friendshiphs cause the 'family' to split
For the next couple of weeks, Ducky home schooled everyone. The "children" needed to stay at home so everything could be reevaluated. Because Gibbs, their "legal gaurdian", had abandoned them, they were going to be taken from Ducky. But, Ducky convinced the judge to let him adopt them, which he allowed. 

So over the past few weeks, they were at home. When they finally came back to school, Tuni found Ziva quickly.

"Zoey!" she shouted running over and hugging her friend. "Oh my gosh I thought you left for good. What happened?"

"We had the flu for the past few weeks. It was really disgusting." Ziva lied.

"I see, I'm glad you're okay." Tuni replied as she took her friend over to the side. "Look," she whispered, "I know that you're lying and that your boss ditched you. I'm sorry about that. And I want to warn you, you're father is going to see this as a perfect moment to come and take you back. I'm you're friend, Zi, I don't want him to take you back, he'll hurt you again."

"I know, Ti, I know. But I am stronger now, I can fight him off."

"And when you're not able to?"

"Then I don't know." Ziva answered.

"Zi, you're still as wreakless as you were when we were truely this age."

"It is true, I haven't changed much." Ziva replied laughing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who do you think she is?" Tony asked looking over at Ziva.

"A girl in Ziva's first hour." Kate answered saying what Ziva had told her earlier that year.

"They've known eachother for a really long time." Mcgee added.

"How do you know that?" Abby asked.

"In her room at the housing units, their was a picture of her and that girl in the desert. They're about the age they are now." Mcgee answered.

"Then that means…"

"That girl knows Ziva's father and is probably working for him." Tony finished for Kate as he stood up and walked twards the two. He reached them while they began to laugh.

"Do you work for Eli David?" Tony asked Tuni.

"Trevor what are you…"

"Its a simple question." Aimed at Tuni.

"Trevor, this is Tina from my first hour, she has no idea what you're talking about." Ziva looked at him sharply.

"Cut the crap Zoe." Tony stared at her, "I know who she really is."

"Fine," Tuni started, "My real name is Tuni, and yes, I am here with Eli David. But…"

"I don't need to hear the rest, come on Zoey." 

"But…" Tony stared at her. She didn't say anything, but she did follow Tony.

"You worthless fool!" Ziva shouted in a whisper, "She wants to help me!"

"Help you!" Tony replied in the same tone, "Ziva she's working for your father! Why would she try to help you?"

"Becuase she's my friend, and maybe the only one I have left." Ziva replied and she ran off, away from the others, not wanting to see them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ziva avoided the others for the rest of the day. In third hour, instead of sitting at a table with Kate, she sat with Tuni. She sat by Tuni at lunch too, and wouldn't talk to them during any class. She and Tuni talked by Ziva's locker at the end of the day, and then called home to get permission from Ducky to walk home with Tuni whom she called a 'friend from school'. When Tony got off the bus he ran straight to Ducky.

"What the hell were you thinking?" 

"Anthony, what seems to be the problem?" Ducky asked.

"You let her walk home with her fathers messenger."

"Well I didn't know she didn't tell me that."

"We have to find her!" Kate exclaimed running out of the house.

"Agreed." They all said rushing out after her.
End Notes:
Sorry, this is a stupid name for a chapter, I couldn't think of anything else.
Please rate and review
Trapped by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Taken to see her father
"Ziva, your father, he only wishes to talk to you." Tuni explained as they walked around town.

"I can not see him, Tuni, he wants me to come home. His wish is to make me Mossad again."

"And what is so bad about that?"

"I am happy here, safe here, home here. I connot go back."

"Oh." Tuni answered.

"Tuni, why did you, all of people, go on this mission? I thought you weren't going to join Mossad. I thought you were going to leave Isreal all together and start a fashion company."

"I was, and I almost did. And then you left to join NCIS and your father came to me and asked me to Mossad. I declined, but he attacked me and forced me to join. He is not a good man, Zi. I do not understand how you were able to get out."

"The director of NCIS is an old friend, she saved my life."

"She? Oh Ziva, you're director is a women? What has you're dear agency come to?" A man asked, Ziva cringed. "Thank you for your help Tuni."

"Ziva I swear I didn't know he was here." Tuni pleaded to Ziva.

"I know, Ti, I know." Ziva assured her friend before she turned around. "Hello, Saum, how have you been."

"Very well, thank you." He replied. "Now please, get into the car." 

"No, thank you, I will walk home."

"I insist." he shot her eyes that made her obey and she did. Ziva and Tuni got into the car and Saum drove away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh, where is she?" Abby cried.

"I hope she's okay." Kate added.

"It's not our fault if she's hurt. She's the one who ran off."

"Tony, how can you say that!" Abby shouted at him.

"Because it's true. I mean, sometimes she can just be so…"

"Bull headed?"

"Stubborn?"

"Pig headed?"

"Exactly!" Tony agreed.

"Well, it doesn't matter, she's our friend, we have to make sure she's okay." Kate retorted.

"We'll find her, Kate, don't worry." Mcgee assured as they continued their search.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Here we are." Saum said as he opened of the SUV. Tuni and Ziva stepped out, and Saum lead them inside of the house.

"Saum, is that you?" A voice from upstairs.

"No, it's your daughter." Ziva replied.

"Ziva?" The man asked. He ran out onto the hall above the staircase. He saw her and began to come down the stairs. "How are you, my daughter?"

"I am angry." Ziva replied, "Why are you here? Why did you inslave my best friend? Why is my former boyfriend working for you?"

"I want you to come home, Ziva."

"Never." Ziva replied. "You almost killed me. I have known what a real family is, and I am staying with them."

"You mean the man who abandoned you? And the agents who you work with?" He shouted. "Ziva that is not a family!"

"And how would you know!" She shouted back, "The only thing you have ever known is this life, a life of pain and torture!"

"I have known the life that was given to me by my parents! That's the life you should know!"

"Umm… sir…" Saum started.

"What!"

"Tuni, she's gone." He replied quietly.

Eli turned to Ziva and slapped her face. "What have you done with her!"

"I do not know!" Ziva shouted back, cradling her sore cheek.

"Saum, take her to the basement." Eli ordered.

"No!" Ziva shouted, she stood up, kicked both men in the groin, and stole a set of keys out of her fathers pocket. She ran otside and found the motorcycle that used to be hers. She stuck the key in, ignited the engine, and left the house.

She rode straight into town and found Tuni at the 7 11 that they planned on meeting at. "Hop on!" Ziva said. Tuni got onto the back of the motor cycle and Ziva drove off twards her home.
End Notes:
Please rate and review
Safe by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Ziva brings Tuni home
After hiding the motor cylce in the woods, Ziva and Tuni headed for the house.

"I hope they are not mad at me." Ziva whispered.

"They won't be." Tuni reassured.

The team had gotten back to the house an hour earlier hoping that Ziva would come back on her own. As she suspected, the grage door was open and the lights in the house were on. Ziva slipped into the grage and opened the door.

"ZIVA!!" She heard Abby shout and was soon tackled by the goth.

"My dear, where were you?" Ducky asked.

"And what happened to your face?" Kate asked.

"And why is she here?" Tony asked in disgust.

"She is here, Tony, because she is my friend and she needs help." Ziva answered Tony first. She looked at him, straight in the eye, as he pondered what she had just said.

"Tony," Tuni spoke, "I do not want to hurt, Ziva, I want to help her. Please understand that she is my friend and want her to be safe."

"Alright, but where are you living?" Tony asked.

"That is a really good question." Tuni said laughing a little.

"May she stay here, Ducky?" Ziva asked.

"Ziva, keeping her here would make me a kidnapper, and then I would lose all of you. I can't let that happen."

"I could live in the woods." Tuni suggested. 

"You would be willing to do that?" Mcgee asked.

"I would be willing to live anywhere as long as I didn't live with Eli David."

"Then yes, if you would like to, you may live in the woods." Ducky said.

"Let me give you some supplies." Abby said starting off to grab some.

"That is not nessacary, Abby, I'll survive on what's out there." Tuni replied as she grabbed her backpack.

"See you later, Tuni." Ziva called after her.

"Shalom, my friend." Tuni called back before disappearing into the forest.

"Now, Ziva, what happened to you?" Mcgee asked as he reached out and touched the bruise on the side of her face. Ziva winced a little from his touch.

"Eli hit me." Ziva said quietly.

"You're father found you!" Tony shouted. "Ziva how could you be so stupid."

"Tony shut up!" Kate yelled at him.

"But…"

"SHUT UP!" Kate shouted again.

Ziva continued to tell the story of what happened and by the time she was finished, Ducky had cleaned and treated her cheek and she was half asleep.

"Ziva, Ziva my dear, you still need to answer one question."

"Yes, Ducky?"

"How did you get away?"

"I attacked him." Ziva answered simply. "I stole my old motorcycle and drove away."

"And you most definately pissed him off." Tony added.

"Yes, that too." Ziva sighed and looked down at the ground. "I am sorry, my actions were stupid and probably got us all killed. Especially now that Gibbs left." She sighed again and said what she had been thinking since a Mossad agent ran her over. "You should all just leave me here and save yourselves. It is better that way."

"Ziva David you listen to me and you listen to me good!" Tony shouted. Ziva looked up at him. "We will never, ever, leave you, or anyone else, behind, so stop thinking about it!"

"Ok Tony."

"Good." He looked at her for a few minutes, and wrapped her in a giant hug, "I'm so glad you're okay, and I'm so sorry for accusing your friend."

"It's alright Tony. Anyone would have reacted the way you did without knowing the full story."

"We're all sorry, Ziva." Kate spoke up, laying a hand on her sholder after Tony released her.

"Stop saying that, please, it is not your fault." Ziva looked at her friends. They were all sad, scared, and worried for her. She smiled, "Why are you all so worried. We will be fine, we always are."

"This time it's different, Ziva." Mcgee stated.

"We're not agents this time. We don't have guns, we don't have back up." Kate pointed out.

"And we don't have Gibbs." Tony added.

"Forget about Gibbs. He left us, he abandoned us, we owe him nothing. We can survve on our own, and we will." She finished her words with more confidence than she acually had.   
End Notes:
Please rate and review. I may not update for a while, I have major writers block
Round 2 by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
He's back
School was school, life was boring, and for three weeks Eli David never was seen. Saum, however, was. Apparently, he had gotten a job as the new school janitor after the old one, Mr. Bob, was in a tragic car accident. Saum practically followed Ziva everywhere, and tried, to no avail, to talk to her. Tuni stayed hidden in the woods and dropped out of school. The team was able to get a hold of Jenny in DC for an update on their case, but nothing had changed. The druggies were still in hiding and they were still stuck in Oregon.

"Damn it!" Tony shouted after hanging up with Jenny. "I wanna go home."

"We all do Tony." Kate, who was sitting next to him, reminded.

"Well, at least we know the people after us aren't here." Mcgee stated optimistically.

"Yes, let's be thankful for that at the very least." Ducky agreed.

"Ziva." Abby started.

"Yes?"

"How's Tuni, no one has seen here since…" 

"Tuni is fine, Abby. She just wishes she wasn't pulled into Mossad. I wish that too."

"Oh." She was silent. Talking to Ziva had become rather difficult in the pass couple of weeks. The bruise on her cheek had finaly healed the day before. But even with the purple mark on her face she looked dark and separated from the others. She looked like she was planning something, but when anyone asked, she denied it. 

"I'm gonna…" Tony's statement was cut short by a knock on the door.

"I've got it." Kate said running off to answer it. She opened the door quickly and found Eli David on the other side. 

"Hello, is this the… Millard residence." Eli asked, using Ducky's false name.

"No, sorry, you have the wrong address." Kate answered quickly.

"Oh, well then, maybe you could tell me where that house is?"

"Kat, who's at the door?" Tony asked coming up behind her. 

"I don't know, he's looking for the Millard's house." She answered.

"Oh you just go to blocks north and it's the first house on Maple street." Tony answered smiling.

"Anthony, stop playing dumb, let me in." Eli threatened.

"I'm sorry, crazy man, I don't know no Anthony. I think you should leave now." Using thier code word, crazy man, he warned Ziva to hide. 

"No, I don't think I will." Eli replied and pushed his way into the house, knocking Kate over in the process.

"Hey!" Kate shouted as she stood back up. 

"Jerk." Tony whispered helping her up.

"Ah, Dr. Mallord, how nice it is to see you again." Eli said sticking out his hand.

"I'm sorry sir, but I have no idea of who you speak. I am a store owner in town and my name is Monty." He quickly changed his name as to keep up the back story that this isn't the Millard/Mallord residence.

"Please, Donald, I know you are protecting my daughter. I would just like to tell you that that is unessacary. May I please see her?"

"Sir, we have…"

"It is alright Mcgee." Ziva said as she came out from under the kitchen sink. "He will not leave until he sees me."

"Ziva, so nice to see you." Eli faked happiness as he attempted to hug her. Tony and Kate stepped inbetween the two of them.

"Push me down again, and I will bite you hand off." Kate threatened.

"Believe me, she can." Tony backed her up.

"Fine, then let me be frank." The evil father's tone changed drastically. "Ziva will be coming with me. She is my daughter and she is coming home."

"Well, to let me be frank. Legally, Zoey Simon is my adopted daughter and you will get off my property now or I will have my children kick your ass off." Ducky retaliated.

"No, Ducky, it is all right. I would like to speak to him, alone."

"Ziva, do you…"

"Yes, I do, Abby." Ziva cut her off. After a few minutes of nothing, all left the room but Ziva and her father.

"Your friends are very rude, Ziva."

"My friends are protective, Father. They actually care about me, unlike you."

"Why do you say that."

"You shot me! You beat me up! You ordered me to kill my own brother! And you say you are a loving Father. Gibbs is the only father I have ever know."

"And he abandoned you. Have I ever done that, Ziva?"

"I wish you would have." Ziva choked out.

"But Ziva…"

"No!" she shouted. For a few moments the was an unbearable silence before she was able to whisper, "No."

"Ziva, please, come home with me." He begged. "Come back to your people, come back to Mossad."

"No." She whispered again. She dug into the pocket of her carve pants and pulled out a badge. "I quit." She said laying her Mossad badge in his hand. "Director Shepard has my gun. You can get it from her."

"No… No!" He began to command squezing her wrist and breaking it, "You will come back with me, you will be Mossad." 

"Let go, Eli!" Ziva shouted.

"No!" He shouted and began to drag her twards the door.

"That's it!" Kate shouted. She ran from the front hall and twards Eli. She bit the wrist of the hand that was holding Ziva's wrist and he let go of it. Tony came out after Kate and together, they were able to kick Eli out of the house and lock the door after him.

"I can't believe it, I'm free." Ziva whispered. Using both hands, she tried to push herself off the floor, but doubled over in pain.

"You okay, Ziva?" An alarmed Mcgee asked as he picked her off of the floor. 

"Yeah, just a broken wrist. I am fine."

"A broken wrist is not 'fine' my dear. Let me take care of that."

"No, it is alright, Ducky, I can patch it up myself. I have had a broken wrist many times before and I have had to bandage myself everytime." Ziva explained. "If you could just give me the proper supplies."

"Yes, of course." Ducky ran off to go get what she needed.

"Oh Ziva. Are you sure you're okay?" Abby asked wrapping her in a giant bear hug.

"Yes, Abby, I'm sure." Hugging back as best as she could.

"Ziva, your father is a nut case." Tony stated.

"And has anger management problems." Mcgee added.

Spitting, Kate added, "And he tastes terrible." and they all laughed.    
End Notes:
Please rate, review, and if possible send me ideas cause now I have extreme writers block.
Trouble again by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Leads to more interesting plot line
Three weeks later, Director Jenny shepard paid the team a surprise visit. 

"Jenny!" Ziva said as she opened the front door, hugging her old friend.

"Hello, Ziva." She replied hugging her back. Ziva lead Jenny into the main living room where she was bombarded.

"Jennifer so wonderful…"

"Hey, good to see…"

"What's wrong, did something…"

"Do you know anything about…"

"Whoa whoa slow down, one at a time." Jenny stoped them.

"How are you my dear?"

"Great, Ducky, how are you?"

"Wonderful." Ducky flashed a smile.

"Ziva, what happened to your wrist?" Jenny asked, shocked.

"Oh, you see…" she trailed off ashamed.

"Her father found her. Don't worry, we're taking care of it." Kate replied, placeing a comforting hand on Ziva's shoulder.

"Are you alright, Ziva?" 

"I am fine, Director." She replied curtly.

"Jenny?" Abby started shyly. "Do you know anything about Gibbs?" 

"Abby," Mcgee started, seeing how even hearing Gibbs' name still caused Kate and Ziva to cringe.

"All of you, you have to understand Gibbs didn't abandon you, he…"

"Yeah Jenny, he really didn't abandon us." Tony retorted.

"You have to understand…"

"There's nothing to understand." Kate this time. "He left us when we all needed him the most. He did abandon us."

"But…"

"No buts Jenny!" Ziva shouted standing up. "How can you sit there and defend him. He left, he put us in danger, and didn't so much as even explain why. HE ABANDONED US!!" She added volume to the last part, emphsizing what Gibbs did, and then she left the house to find Tuni. The others followed her.

"I'm sorry about there behavior, Jenny, but when Gibbs left it really hurt all of them." Ducky explained.

"Well, then if they acted like that, my news is not so good then..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I mean can you believe this, Tuni, she comes here and defends the man that hurt us so badly!" Ziva finished ranting.

"Maybe she knows something you don't, like why he left." Tuni offered.

"Well even if there was a good reason, he should have told us. I mean, we are his team, he can trust us." 

"Maybe he couldn't, to either protect himself or you guys." She wasn't really paying attention, she was drawing in a sketch book. "What are you doing?" Ziva asked walking behind her friend. 

"Ziva don't look it's not…"

"Oh my gosh, Tuni, that's beautiful!" Ziva was staring straight at a new dress design. It was a halter that was knee length, so a sun dress. It's coloring was unique. It was a deeply rich tone of blue, but looked like it was bleached in places so that there were random white sploches on it. 

"Thanks, I was designing it for Abby. I wanted to design a new dress outfit for everyone. I have already finished suits for the boys, this is my first dress."

"It's beautiful, but if it were for Abby, I would make the dress black instead of blue. Blue is Kate's color."

"I was thinking the same thing..." Both girls continued to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ducky, is she gone yet?" Abby asked ask she looked out into the kitchen.

"Yes, she is, can you tell the others that we need to have a 'team meeting' or whatever you people are calling them." 

"Sure thing Duckman!" She smiled and shouted. "Guys, Jenny's gone, Ducky wants to talk to us in the living room!!!!"

"Do you really find it nessacary to be so loud, Abigail?"

"Yes, yes I do." She smiled and skipped of towards the living room." Soon everyone else had joined Abby, well, almost everyone.

"Where's Ziva?" Tony asked.

"Probably out with Tali." Kate answered. 

"Alone!! We've gotta find her, now."

"Why?" Mcgee asked, slightly alarmed.

"I saw her father around the house earlier." Tony answered and they all ran from the house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That's amazing Tuni!" Ziva exclaimed.

"Yeah I guess it… Ziva look out!!!!" 

"Huh… Ow!" Everything went black.
End Notes:
Sorry this took so long to post, firstly I couldn't think of anything to write so this really sucks and sorry about the title I couldn't think of one. Hopefully I'll find better inspiration *hint*
Conversations by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
They all have to talk to someone
"Zoey! Zoey!" The team called as they searched the woods. 

"Where is she?"

"I don't know, Abby." Tony answered. "Zoey!"

"Hey look, there's Tuni." Kate said as she rean over to her. She looked unconcious. "Tuni." Kate shook her. Groggily Tuni woke up.

"Tuni, do you know were Ziva is?" Ducky asked as he helped the girl sit up.

"Her father took her. He came up behind us, and knocked her unconcious, and took her." She answered.

"Do you know where they went?" 

"No, Mcgee, I'm sorry I don't."

"We've gotta call the police." Kate said. "This is too big for us to handle."

"Kate we…"

"We have to, Tony." Kate retorted. She ran back twards the house and called the athorities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What... Where...?"

"Goodmorning, Ziva." Saum spat.

"Let me go!" She ordered.

"Not gonna happen, Ziva. You're stuck. You're father always gets what he wants."

"You are a real bastard you know that."

"Actually I do." he laughed, "I have learned to embrace that quality."

"Gah!!" Ziva shouted in frustration. She was scared, really scared. She was in some sort of grage and chained to the wall by only her wrists. Her father wanted her to rejoin Mossad, but he wanted to hear her say she was coming back, even if it ment forcing her to say it. Right now, her father was no where to be seen. 

"Very intelligent word Ziva." He sneered and walked over to her, and started to rub his fingers up and down her calf. "It will be so nice to have you as my partner again, Ziva. You are a much better agent then that stupid Tuni. You are much more…" He didn't get to finish because Ziva's foot suddenly connected with his jaw with a loud crack. 

"Do not talk about my friend that way, and do not touch me!" she shouted. Saum groaned on the ground in pain, swaering in Hebrew. 

"That was a mistake, bitch." he knocked her out again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two days after calling the authorities and there was no word about Ziva. She had practically disappeared off of the face of the earth. The whole team was worried.

"Ducky." Abby walked into his bedroom at 2300 one night.

"Yes, Abigail?" She ran into the room and sat down on his bed.

"I'm scared for Ziva. We don't even know if she's still alive."

"Don't talk like that, Abigail. Ziva is not dead."

"But you don't know that, Ducky." Abby said on the verge of tears.

"Ah, Abby. Don't cry. Come here." He hugged Abby and kissed her forehead. "Now listen. Ziva is alive, I can feel it, and I know you can too." Abby nodded. "Good. Now we'll find her, okay, I know we will." 

"Ok Ducky." Abby sighed, a small tear running down her cheek. She layed her head on the older man's shoulder and slowly drifted asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony was walking in the hallway coming back from the bathroom, when her heard whimppering coming from Kate's bedroom.

"Kate?" Tony whispered into the room. 

"Ye… Yes Tony." he heard her reply, but her voice shook. He walked over to her bed and kenlt beside it. She was facing the wall, her hair in her face. He pulled it back and could feel how much her tears had soaked it. 

"Kate, what's wrong?" He asked in a calm whisper. 

"I'm just worried about Ziva." She answered. "I have this weird feeling that I could have stopped this, but I know i couldn't."

"No, you couldn't stop what happened, but I could've."

"Tony what do yo…"

"I knew her father was in the area, I should have told her that."

"Tony don't you dare start blaming yourself." Kate ordered, sitting up and facing the man. Tony looked at her face and could see her tears. He wiped a few of them away. "This isn't your fault either, Tony." She whispered. She moved away from the edge of the bed, and pulled back the covers. 

"Kate, what are you…"

"I don't want to sleep by myself tonight, I need some comfort. Please Tony." She begged. Tony sighed as he crawled into the bed. He layed on his back and Kate layed her head on his chest. She sighed contently, and slowly drifted to sleep as Tony, comfortingly, pet her hair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh, and then there was the time Ziva beat up a kid for asking her out." Tuni said. She had been sleeping in the house since she was attacked by Eli David because Ducky wanted to take care of her until her head healed. At the moment, she was talking to Mcgee about Ziva when she was younger.

"That really does sound like something Ziva would do." He smiled.

"Yeah. God I hope she is okay." 

"Dont worry, it's Ziva, she will be." He assured.

"But her father…"

"Hey, quit worrying, she be okay." He looked at the sadness on her face. "Come on tell me the story about Ziva beating up the kid, it sounds interesting." and she did.
End Notes:
Sorry this is just a random filler :/
the next chapter is the important one.

Please R&R
They're back by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Two family members return
Hello, Ziva. Sleep well?" Her father faked cheeriness as his daughter woke up. Ziva didn't answer, she found it better to be silent. "Well, aren't you going to answer you're father?" again Ziva didn't answer. "Fine." Eli held a knife at her throat. "Say that you will rejoin Mossad and I won't kill you. 

"You won't kill me." Ziva answered.

"And how can you be so sure?"

"You want me back as an agent. You won't kill me because then you won't get what you want."

"Ah, I see. You are smart Ziva. I guess I'll have to scare you some other way." he walked away from her a bit and held up a gun. "Say you'll rejoin Mossad." he ordered. She didn't say anything. "Fine." he shot her leg.

"Agh!" she screamed. 

"Yes that's it. You're pain is my pleasure Ziva. Now, rejoin."

"Never!" She spat. He shot her other leg.

"You never learn do you? I always get what I want, this time will be no different." he laughed. Ziva wanted nothing more then to cry right now, but she couldn't not in front of her father. "Just give up, Ziva, you can not win!"

"Never." She shouted back at him. "Soon, you will stop shooting me and bandage me up or I will bleed to death and then you will most definately never get what you want. I control this situation because my life is what you're after."

"I am the one in control, I am always in control!"

"Not this time, you worthless bastard. Agh!" He shot her side.

"Live or die, I don't care anymore. I have changed my mind. I want you to rejoin Mossad, or die. It's you're choice, bitch. Say you'll rejoin Mossad or I will watch you bleed to death."

"I will never return to that life, I would rather die."

"As you wish, my daughter."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm sorry, Mr. Millard, we have no leads on your daughter." an officer informed Ducky. "We'll keep looking, but after forty-eight hours…" he trailed off.

"Thank you." Was all ducky could say as he closed the front door.

"Ducky." Abby whispered. Ducky couldn't answer her. "Ducky." her voice threatened tears. Mcgee came over to calm her. Ducky came over and sat down in his arm chair, motionless. The whole room was somber, worry like a thick fog. Everyone was motionless. Mcgee held Abby comfortingly, Tuni looked out the window hoping that Ziva would run out of the woods, through the rain, and twards the house. Tony sat with Kate beside him. She was a motinless statue, was frozen in the same postioin, unmoving. The only sign of life was from the tears that silently spilled from her eyes. 

"Kate." Tony whispered to her. She didn't respond, but Tony leaned her over so her head was on his shoulder. 

"She's still alive." Tuni said suddenly.

"How can you be so sure." Mcgee asked, who had finally given up hope.

"Eli David wants her to rejoin Mossad, that can't happen if she's dead. She's still alive but… God I wish I knew where."

"We all do, my dear." Ducky responds as he walked over and moved her away from the window.

"I am worried about her. She is wreakless, and so strong. The last time something like this happened to her, it took years for her to finally get over it."

"Her father has done this to her before?" Kate asked alarmed.

"No, I mean the last time she was kidnapped for days on end."

"When was that?" Tony asked.

"It was a case, her first, with Mossad. She was fourteen. An Iraqi terrorist took her for three weeks. Saum found her, and help her through it. It took her four years before the nightmeres stopped, before she could smile. And I think it was mostly Saum that saved her, he loved her. Now, he's trying to kill her."

"Wait, Saum and Ziva?" Abby asked.

"Yes, they got engaged when Ziva was eighteen, but she broke it off. No one knows why." 

"I see." Ducky thought for a long moment, then there was a knock on the door. Tony got up and walked to the door. Upon opening it, he saw a man with his hood up and covering his face. He had Ziva in his arms, she was unconcious and bleeding. 

"Ziva!" He shouted. He took his sister from the man's arms and ran through the house calling for Ducky. He set Ziva on the kitchen counter and stepped back to let Ducky clean her up. Then they all, minus Ducky, walked over to the main hall where they left the stranger.

"Thank you, thank you thank you!" Abby said as she hugged the man.

"Yes, thank you." Tony repeated. "But who are you?" 

"You know who I am, DiNozzo." he took down his hood.

"Gibbs!" they all shouted. Kate, for a reason unknown them all, stalked over to him and slapped him across the face.
End Notes:
Please send me feedback and or ideas cause I'm have major road block.
Explanations by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Why was Gibbs there and where did he go
"Gibbs what the hell are you doing here?" Tony asked surprised.

"I saved Ziva, had to return here, and I'm back, for good." He said as he rubbed his stinging face.

"Ah, no, you're not coming back. Thank you for saving Ziva, now get lost."

"Kate…" Mcgee started.

"No, Mcgee, don't start." Her eyes threatened to kill him, he shut up.

"Now, who is the…" Dick stopped. He had just finished tending to Ziva and had laid eyes on Gibbs for the first time. He voice changed from warm and sunny, to ice. "Jethro."

"Ducky." He replied with a brighter tone then his friend.

"I apperciate you saving Ziva." he said, the only cival thing he could. Gibbs nodded in return.

"Okay, quit the formalities." Tony started. "The only thing this man needs to do is explain how he saved Ziva and then he needs to get lost. Now," he turned to Gibbs, "explain."

"Well…"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are you doing this?" Ziva asked, gritting through her pain.

"I want my best officer back." Eli answered.

"Don't you mean you're favorite punching bag." She spat back.

"Now that wasn't nice." He looked at his watch, "You have an hour to live, Ziva."

"Someone will find me before then." by then she didn't even believe that. 

"I highly doubt it, daughter."

"The only benefit of this, is that I will see Ari again."

"He's burning in the flames of hell, where he was ment to be."

"And I… and I shall join him." It was getting harder for her to breathe.

"I see, you may have less then an hour then." Ziva didn't answer him, and he laughed triumphantly.

Gibbs had been standing outside a warehouse door, listening to the conversation. He couldn't stand it anymore.

"Freeze!" he shouted as he entered to room, "Oregon PD, put down you're weapon!"

"Ah, agent Gibbs, so nice of you to join us." 

"Eli David you are under arrest for the abuse and kidnapping of Zoey Simon."

"I don't think so."

"Yes you are, turn around." Surprisingly, Eli gave up willingly. Gibbs cuffed him, and called it into headquaters to get a car to get Eli David. He then pulled Ziva off the wall and took her home…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ENDFLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"… and that is how I rescued Ziva." Gibbs finished. 

"I see." Abby said. She kept her distance from Gibbs, afraid he'd hurt her again.

"Okay, now get out." Kate growled.

"I'm not going to, since the house is legally under my name. So I'm going to continue to live here."

"Okay, but nothing is going to change back to the way it was. If you're going to live here, you're going to sleep in the basement. Legally we're now Ducky's kids so he is the one who makes the rules for us. And…" Tony paused for a moment not knowing what else to say.

"And Tony and I are still going to date." Kate said, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"Wh… What?!?" Gibbs stared at them in disbelief. He knew they were getting closer, but they were able to keep their relationship a secret from him and when he left they didn't care anymore. 

"Um, yeah, we're dating, deal with it." Kate said snarkily and she glared at him.

"Okay, but who is this." 

"I am Tuni, Ziva's friend, her fathers messenger. I helped to protect Ziva, unlike you."

"Now wait just a…" 

"You lay a hand on her, Gibbs, and I'll kick you're ass." Mcgee threatened.

"Way to go Probie." Tony said high-fiving him.

"But would you quit accusing me for one minute and let me explain why I left?"

"You could have done that Gibbs. Four months ago in October when you sent Ziva that email."

"You wanna know what I was doing!" He shouted. "I was tracing the damn terrorist cell that was trying to kill us! I was protecting all of you! I had to hide my daughter AGAIN to insure she wasn't going to be killed! So don't you dare think that I'm the bad guy!"

"You should have told us this, Jethro. Have we ever done anything that made you think you couldn't trust us."

"No, but the director ordered me to not tell a soul, including you guys." 

"Oh, Gibbs." Abby said running over to him and hugging him. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry."

"It's okay Abbs, relax." He said hugging her back.

"I am sorry too, Jethro." 

"Me to Boss, and sorry 'bout the earlier comment."

"It's all right, Mcgee."

"I'm sorry to." Tony said quietly. Everyone turned to look at Kate. 

"If you all are expecting me to apologize, it ain't gonna happen. That terrorist cell was not an immediate threat, Eli David was. Ziva was taken by him once, he came here once, and then he stole her again. If you were here, none of that would have happened." she turned away from him and left the room. 

"She's gonna take more time to forgive you, Gibbs, she doesn't take abandonment well." Tony said as he went after Kate.

"I under…" there was a groan from the next room, inturrupting Ducky's statement.

"Ziva!" Gibbs exclaimed, running into the next room. He knelt down next to her on the couch Ducky had layed her on. "Zi." he whispered.

"Gibbs...." she looked out at him groggily. Her eyes opened a bit. "It is you." She said happily. She leaned over to hug him. "I missed you, Dad."

"Dad?" he asked, confused.

"I realized you were right, you are my father, the only one I have ever had." She smiled at him. He hugged her tighter. 

"Ziva!!!!" Abby and Tuni shouted coming over to hug her. Gibbs released her.

"Hello my friends."

"Ziva are you okay?" Abby asked as she pulled back from the hug.

"Yeah I'm just a little light headed." She smiled weakly.

"You should sleep for a while, my dear."

"Ok, Ducky I will."

"I'll carry her upstairs to her…"

"No, that's alright, Mcgee, I got her." Gibbs said as he lifted Ziva into his arms. She fell asleep on the way to her bedroom. Gibbs layed her in her bed, tucked her in, kissed her forehead, and said goodnight. After he closed the door, he heard voices coming from Kate's room (she now had her own room because Ziva moved in with Abby and she could tolerate Abby's decorating). 

"I don't get how he can just come back after all of this like nothing happened." Kate said. 

"I know, sweetie, I know," Tony replied. "But he was trying to protect us."

"But we didn't need protecting, Ziva did."

"I know, it was bad timing but…"

"Please Tony, can we stop," Kate begged, there was a rustling of covers as, he assumed, she got into bed, "I just want to sleep."

"Okay," he agreed. There was more rustling and he assumed he got into the bed with her. The were a few squeaks as they adjusted their sleeping arrangements. Then, "Goodnight, Katie."

"Night Tony." 

All was silent. Gibbs stood there and wondered what else he had missed by just being plain oblivious to everything excpet those damn terrorists.
End Notes:
Please review
Apologies by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Gibbs and Kate have some kind of a Gibbsy heart to heart
Ziva continuously grew stronger, healthier, and happier. Kate on the other hand was not as proactive. Sure, she was happy normal Kate, joking with Mcgee, sweet and innocent around Tony, and gossiping with Abby, Tuni, and Ziva. But, whenever Gibbs entered a room, she shut up and used any excuse she could find to be able to leave the room.

"Kate?" Gibbs said as he lighty knocked on her bedroom door. Kate came over and opened it. 

"What do you want." she asked snarkily.

"I want to talk, just talk." She hesitated a moment before letting him into the room. Gibbs looked around. The room was painted in stripes of multiple purples. Eveything else was purple, furnature, sheets, everthing. She sat back down on her bed and continued to do math homework that, as usual, she didn't understand.  

"Screw this!" she shouted throwing her math homework and book on the ground and picking up her sketchbook. Gibbs bent over and picked up the book and homework. He looked it over. 

"Do you want some help?"

"What would you know about math?" She said to him, not looking up. 

"Math, believe it or not, was my best subject in school. I understand what you're doing, let me help."

Kate slowly put down her sketchbook. And made room for Gibbs on the bed. He sat next to her and layed the book in her lap. "Start this problem, and work up until you don't understand it."

"I don't understand any of it." She admitted. 

"Okay. What you need to do is first write out the problem." She did, and Gibbs talked her through it. Soon, she was able to do every problem without hesitation. She finished the math and set the homework aside. 

"Thanks, Gibbs." those were the first nice words she had said to him since he got back five weeks ago. 

"No problem." he watched her as she switched positions, sitting crosslegged on the bed facing him instead of sitting next to him.

"You wanted to talk to me." She said quietly as she brought a pillow into her lap and holding it to her chest. 

"Yeah I did." He faced her to, sighed, and began. "I want to know what I did that made you so mad."

"You left." She stated simply. 

"Yeah, I did, but I've left before and it's never bothered you before. I ran away and went to Mexico and that didn't bother you. Why this, why now?"

"I… My… I…" she didn't know how to explain. "I was bothered when you went to Mexico, Gibbs. I still am bothered by that a bit." 

"Why?"

"I've been abandoned before, Gibbs. My dad left my family. He and I were really close, and now, I haven't seen him since I was eight. It still hurts. And seeing you leave, twice, just brought back more pain. I didn't want to forgive you, I still don't, but… I don't know anymore. You're the only dad I have, Gibbs, the only one that still cares."

"Kate." Gibbs didn't know what else to say. He leaned over and wrapped her in his arms. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't know, Gibbs, you thought you were doing the rght thing."

"Yeah, but still." He kissed her forehead. "I do see you as my daughter, Kate, because you are."

"Okay, Gibbs." 

He kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna go downstairs, okay."

"Yeah, I'll be down there soon."

Gibbs left and Kate picked back up her sketchbook. She opened it up to what she was working on, a rough sketch of the "family" and she began to add Gibbs in.
End Notes:
Sorry this one's a little short but it was needed and I couldn't really fit it in with anything else. Comments are always appreciated. And sorry for waiting so long to update, I've had a lot to do lately.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3590