I Promise by mcgeekfreak
Summary: Random story after the final caption of the season 7 premire
Categories: Gen, Other Het Pairings Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Ziva David
Genre: Episode Related, Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: DiNozzo/Ziva
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 902 Read: 2629 Published: 05/14/2010 Updated: 05/14/2010
Story Notes:
This is just a cute story that I thought needed to bad added to the season 7 premire

1. I Promise by mcgeekfreak

I Promise by mcgeekfreak
Author's Notes:
Random story after the final caption of the season 7 premire
As soon as Abby released me from here warming embrace, I felt out of place. I looked around, people were clapping and cheering, congradulating us on a job well done, but what did I do. I was stupid enough to not trust my team and get captured in Somalia. They came to save me, they killed Salem, and I did absolutely nothing. I walked away from the scene, and into the only place I knew would be unoccupied, Autopsy. 

I found a cornor to hide in and I did. I sat, bringing my knees to my chest and layed my forehead on top of them, hiding my face that was slowly growing wetter. I knew this wasn't over. Salem, yes he's gone, but that wasn't what I was worried about, I was worried about what my father would do. Mossad didn't save me, NCIS did. He would want me to come home, but I don't want to. I don't know what to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watched her as she left the squadroom, she walked right in front of me. It was scary. Ziva, the strongest girl I ever knew, was broken down, was now so frail and small. But what scares me the most is that she had given up. She gave up hope that someone would find her, she gave up her will to live. That scares me more then anything else. Everyone watched her leave, but no one said anything. They all knew what she went through, how it must have affected her. They all wanted to let her get over it by herself, they knew she would. I, on the other hand fear for her life. After a few minutes of self debate, I follow her, and I know where she is too; autopsy. For some reason I would never understand, when she wanted to be alone, to think, she went to autopsy. The doors opened and I saw her sitting there. She looked like a scared child. She looked like I did when my parents would fight and break things. Her body trembled, she was crying. I know there's something wrong. "Ziva."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ziva." it is a small whisper but I jumped with fright. I look up and see Tony right by the door. I didn't want to be bothered, so I turn away from him, hiding my face once again.

"Ziva." He won't leave me alone. His voice is calm, closer this time. 

"Yes, Tony." I answer my words wobble.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She answers me the second time I call to her. Her voice quavers. When she looked at me I confirmed what I already knew. Her face was stained with tears. I don't know what to say to her now that she's answered me. I want to help her, but I don't know how. "Was there something you needed, Tony?" She asks and I know she's looking for an answer. I don't know how to answer her though. For once I'm speechless, but I need my words. I finally answer, "Ziva, are you alright?" I know it's a stupid question the moment it leaves my mouth and I wish I could take it back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He finally answers asking if I'm alright. I think it is a stupid question, but I don't know what to tell him. I decided to lie. "I am fine, Tony. Go back upstairs and recieve your congradulations."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ziva David you are the worst liar I have ever ment." he answers immediately.

"I just need to be left alone for a while, Tony." she counters.

Tony moves foreward a few more steps so he's standing behind her. "I'm afraid to leave you alone." He admits.

"Why?" she asks the simplest question possible.

"You've lost your will to live, Ziva. I'm afraid of what you'll do if you're left alone."

"You fear for my life, when I don't care, why?"

"Like I said, I can't live without you, Zi."

"I thought that was one of your lies." She spat.

"Ziva, if I ever say anything like that to you, it's not a lie. I could never hurt you like that." He sits down next to her, his side to her back.

"You are very sweet Tony." She replies, and sniffles.

"Hey, it's over, why are you still cryin'?"

"I cry because it isn't over, Tony. I no longer have a job at NCIS yet you were the ones to save me and break that terrorist cell. My father will be furious, he'll want to take me back home. It's not over, it'll never be over."

"Is that what you're so worried about?" She nods. "Ziva, I will never let anything happen to you. I promise."

"You mean it?" She finally turns to look at him. Her tears illuminated the scars and brusies on her face. He felt guilt for not being able to protect her from them. He also sees the small knick on her throat where Saleam laid his knife about to cut her. He reaches out to touch the mark, and when he does she shivers slightly from it.

"I absolutely mean it. You're father will never hurt you as ling as I'm living." He looked in her eyes. He saw them smile at his promise. She leaned in and layed her head on his shoulder, sighing contently and he kissed her head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few weeks later, Ziva's team leader came to take her home. Gibbs stopped him from taking her, and the next day, she was still sitting at her desk and had just been given her agent status. Immediately after, she got an email from Tony.

*I promised :)* 
End Notes:
This is just a cute story that I thought needed to bad added to the season 7 premire
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3716