The New Director by katetodd4eva
Summary: A new director. Gibbs knows her better then he is leading on. Will that affect his and Kate’s relationship?
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Tom Morrow, Timothy McGee, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Kate Todd, Jenny Shephard, Anthony DiNozzo, Abby Sciuto
Genre: Drama, Established relationship
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2214 Read: 6424 Published: 10/22/2010 Updated: 10/24/2010

1. The New Director by katetodd4eva

2. Chapter 2 by katetodd4eva

3. Chapter 3 by katetodd4eva

4. Chapter 4 by katetodd4eva

The New Director by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
A new director. Gibbs knows her better then he is leading on. Will that affect his and Kate’s relationship?
Gibbs was up in MTAC with Director Morrow.
“ I’ve been offered a position with Homeland Security” Director Morrow informed Gibbs.
“ So who’s the new director?” Gibbs asked. The Director smiled and looked at Gibbs.
“ Not me” Gibbs said with a laugh.
“ I’m not going to shoot NCIS in the head Jethro” he laughed.
“ Hello Jethro” he heard a familiar voice. He turned to see a tall red haired woman standing before him. Gibbs couldn’t believe his eyes.
“ Good luck” Director Morrow said to the both of the then left MTAC. Gibbs sat there starring at this women.
“ Your looking well” the women said with a smile.
“ You look great Jen” he said getting up so they were standing in front of each other.
“ That’s director Shepard to you Jethro” Jen said with the same smile on her face. Gibbs returned her smile and turned to walk out of MTAC, Jen followed.
“ How are you?” she asked him.
“ Great” he said still walking.
“ Have you re-married?” she asked out of the blue. Gibbs stopped and turned to look at her. They were standing at the top of the stairs.
“ Why the questions?” he asked.
“ Just a little catch up” she said innocently.
“ No” he said shaking his head. He knew she wouldn’t stop there. He leaned over the railing and looked out over room.
“ Are you seeing anyone?” she asked. She didn’t care how desperate she sounded. She hadn’t seen this man in 6 years and that’s along time.
Gibbs just nodded his head. Jen wasn’t surprised. Jethro was a good looking man and wouldn’t have any trouble attracting women.
“ Do you like her?” she asked. Gibbs didn’t answer her. He looked over at his team and saw Kate on the phone, a pen twirling in her fingers. He smiled to himself.
“ Yeah I do” he said not looking away from Kate. Jen followed Gibbs’ gaze. She saw the brunette sitting at her desk twirling a pen. She didn’t say anything.
“ So director, should we go meet the team” Gibbs said standing up and heading down the stairs, Jen not far behind him.
Kate hung up the phone just as Gibbs reached the bullpen. She gave him a smile, one that said ‘I missed you’. Her eyes then fell on the red head behind him. She was dressed proper, her hair done up and a pleasant smile stuck on her face. Tony couldn’t help himself.
“ Hi, I’m Tony DiNozzo. You are?” he said holding his hand out to her with a grin on his face.
“ Director Jenny Shepard” she said shaking his hand. Tony went silent. He looked over at Kate who was looking at Gibbs.
“ Director Morrow has taken up a position with Homeland Security” he said answering their questions.
“ Kate, Abby said she needed to see you it sounded kind of important” McGee said as he walked into the bullpen not paying attention to what was going on. He looked up to see a new face. He had a questioning look on his face.
“ Our new director Jenny Shepard” Kate told him. Kate walked out from behind her desk to stand in front of Gibbs and Jenny.
“ Kate Todd, nice to meet you. Now if you don’t mind I have some business to take care of” she said shaking Jenny’s hand and heading down to Abby’s lab.
“ Tim McGee, director” McGee said with a smile before taking a seat at his desk and typing furiously on his computer.
Gibbs turned to look at Jenny who had a smile on her face. She beckoned him to follow her back up to her office.
Gibbs shut the door behind him as he entered after Jenny. She down at her desk while Gibbs stood in front of her.
“ So you and Special Agent Todd” she said with a little laugh.
“ Is that a problem?” he asked not finding anything funny about his relationship with Kate.
“ Not at all. But don’t you think you’re a bit to old for her? She is what 30 something?” she said.
“ 33” he corrected.
“ I thought you would have learned your lesson about dating a colleague” she pointed out.
“ I wouldn’t class what we did as dating, Jen. What Kate and I have is serious and we are happy” he said then left her office slamming the door behind him.
Chapter 2 by katetodd4eva
Kate was sitting at home waiting for Gibbs. She heard the door opened and got up and saw Gibbs enter. He didn’t look to happy.
“ Everything ok?” she asked him.
“ Yeah” was all he said as he walked past her and into the kitchen. She followed him.
“ So how do you know the new director?” she asked. He didn’t answer, just swallowed a mouthful of water.
“ Gibbs?” she asked.
“ We…she use to be my partner” he told her.
“ And now she is your boss. That must feel weird” Kate said.
“ Why would it feel weird?” he asked. He didn’t quiet hear her answer as he zoned out as pictures of Jenny and him in Paris entered his head.
“ Gibbs?” Kate said. He looked at her and she had a worried look on her face.
“ What?” he asked.
“ Are you sure your ok?” she asked again. He nodded.
“ I’m just going to take a shower” he told her.
Kate didn’t know what to think. He seemed fine at work, but now he was just not himself. She knew something was wrong and she was desperate to find out.
Kate waited for Gibbs in bed. He turned all the lights off, shut and locked the windows and doors before finally joining Kate in bed. Kate rolled over to face him.
“ Gibbs there is something bugging you and I want to know what it is” she said. Gibbs rubbed his face with his hands and sighed. He turned his head to face Kate.
“ Me and Jen were more then partners” he said. Kate looked at him waiting for him to continue, but he didn’t.
“ So you and her were together?” she asked.
“ Not officially” was all he said. Kate let it sink in a bit before speaking again.
“ So it was just sex?” she asked. He nodded his head.
“ Is that what this is?” she asked not even thinking about the question. Gibbs sat up and looked her in the eyes.
“ God no. How could you even say that. I love you Katie” he said to her. He leaned forward and kissed her. He wrapped her in his arms, not wanting to let go of her.
“ I love you to” she told him. He pulled away from her and smiled at her. He laid down and brought her down with her and she cuddled up against his chest.
“ The sex is good though, right?” she asked out of the blue. Gibbs laughed.
“ Katie, it is amazing” he said with a chuckle then gave her a kiss on the head before finally falling asleep.
Chapter 3 by katetodd4eva
Kate sat at her desk typing away. She could fell Tony’s eyes looking up at her every now and then.
“ What is it DiNozzo?” she asked him not even looking at him.
“ Well?” was all he said looking at her with a cheesy grin.
“ Well what?” she finally looked at him.
“ Did Gibbs tell you?” he asked.
“ Tell me what Tony?” she asked getting annoyed with him.
“ Tell you how he knows Director Shepard” Tony finally concluded.
“ Yes” was all she and went back to her computer.
“ Are you going to tell me?” he asked.
“ No”.
“ Oh come on Kate, I need to know” he begged.
“ It is none if your business Tony, so just drop it ok” Kate said. Just then McGee walked in to the bullpen.
“ Probie, please tell Kate here that Gibbs’ relationship with the director is our business” Tony said looking at McGee.
“ Well, I think Gibbs’ business is Gibbs’ business. But if it affects our work then I feel we need to know” McGee said trying to satisfy both his co-workers. Tony looked back at Kate to see her reaction.
“ Your right McGee, when I feel that it will affect our work, I will tell you. But until then mind your own business” Kate said and sat back down at her desk.
Then just like perfect timing Gibbs entered the bullpen, the director right behind him. Kate looked up and saw the annoyed look on his face. She looked at Jenny, the obvious reason for Gibbs not being in a good mood.
“ Is everything ok?” she asked. Gibbs didn’t answer.
“ I was just reminding Agent Gibbs of NCIS protocol” Jenny told her. Kate looked over at Gibbs who was sitting at his desk trying not to look at her. Jenny left them with a smile on her face.
Chapter 4 by katetodd4eva
“ Kate, Tony, you take the back” Gibbs orders.

“ Kate, take McGee”

“ Tony, you and Kate speak to the mother”

“ Kate, wait here for Ducky”. Gibbs’ orders all week involved her and the others, never did she get to spend anytime with him.
“ Why have you been punishing me all week?” Kate asked as they finally arrived home together for the first time all week.
“ I haven’t” Gibbs said a bit confused.
“ So why have I been stuck with McGee and Tony. This is the most time we have spent together all week, and I want to know why” Kate said.
“ NCIS protocol” he said softly. Kate didn’t say anything. She couldn’t without saying something she would regret in the morning. The best thing for her right now would be just to go to bed.
Kate was the first one in the bullpen that morning. Followed by Tony, McGee then Gibbs.
“ You left early” Gibbs said as he walked past her desk. She didn’t even look up at him.
“ Wanted to get a head start” she said robotically. He looked at the rest of the team who also had their heads down doing work. He had just sat down and turned his computer on when he noticed Kate get up from her desk and walk up the stairs and heading to the director’s office.
“ Come in” Jenny said hearing a knock on her door. She was hoping to see Gibbs, but was disappointed when she saw Kate enter.
“ And what can I do for you Agent Todd” she asked taking her glasses off and placing them on her desk.
“ I want to know why you don’t want me working with Jethro?” Kate asked her. She had so much anger built up she had to control it.
“ I have no problem with you and Agent Gibbs working together” Jenny started.
“ Then what is all this crap about NCIS protocol. I know your past with him and just because you have come back here doesn’t mean that you can just pick up where you left off” Kate started to yell at her.
“ Agent Todd, I don’t appreciate that tone and what you are trying to suggest” Jenny started to say.
“ I don’t appreciate what your trying to start with my partner” Kate butted in.
“ Agent Todd, the relationship between myself and Agent Gibbs is strictly professional. As of before, I reminded him to keep work and pleasure separately.
Kate I see the way he looks at you. He loves you. What we had, well it wasn’t quiet as serious. It was more fun the anything else” Jenny told her now with a smile as she sat back in her chair. Kate stood there, not knowing what to say or do. She felt like an idiot accusing her of trying to get Gibbs back.
“ Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I must sound like an idiot” Kate said apologetically.
“ Yes you did. Kate, someone like you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Gibbs would never leave you, especially not someone older then you” Jenny told her truthfully. Kate blushed a little.
“ Now go, be with your man” she told her with a smile. Kate nodded a thank you and left.
Kate made her way back down the stairs and headed to the bullpen with big smile on her face. She stopped in front of Gibbs’ desk.
“ Can we talk?” she asked him. He looked up at her.
“ Now?” he asked. She nodded. He stood up from behind his desk and followed her to the elevator. When the doors opened there were 2 people inside. They got in and waited for them to get out then Kate hit the emergency switch.
“ So what couldn’t wait ‘til we got home?” he asked first.
“ I just had a talk with Director Sheppard” she started. She saw Gibbs’ objection straight away but continued.
“ She told me I had nothing to worry about.” She told him.
“ And she is right” he told her stepping closer to her.
“ She also said that she can tell you love me” she finally said. She stepped closer to him so their bodies were touching and looked up into his eyes.
“ I love you Kate. So much and nothing or no one is going to change that” he told her. Kate smiled.
“ I love you so much” she said then leaned up and kissed him. They stood there just holding each other, enjoying the feeling of each other.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3896