Someday When I stop Loving you. by Only we know
Summary: Gibbs left Kate and the both want each other back. What happens? Oneshot (Based off of Carrie Underwood's song Someday When I Stop Loving You.)
Categories: Gen, Gibbs/Kate Characters: Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, Established relationship, Hurt/Comfort, PWP - Plot, What Plot? , Romance, Song fic
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 585 Read: 2184 Published: 07/27/2011 Updated: 07/27/2011
Story Notes:
For Meher Minwalla. :D

1. Someday When I stop Loving you. by Only we know

Someday When I stop Loving you. by Only we know
Author's Notes:
Gibbs left Kate and the both want each other back. What happens? Oneshot
(Based off of Carrie Underwood's song Someday When I Stop Loving You.)
One foot on the bus about half past nine
I knew that you were leaving this time
I thought about laying down in its path


Gibbs was gone, that was the reality of it all. I had to learn to deal with that. He was gone, he had found someone else. Would he ever come back to me? I highly doubt it. What happened to the time he told me I was the only one? How dumb was I really? I feel for something that stupid. Unlike Gibbs I just couldn't walk away and find someone new. I just couldn't move on as quickly as him. It was going to take time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking that you might get off for that
I remember that night we laid in bed
Naming all our kids that we hadn't had yet


I had left Kate. I didn't want to explain it to her much less myself. Would she ever take me back? I highly doubt it. But you never know. But I also didn't want to look like some jerk crawling back to her. Last time I did that to a women I was smacked in the face with a golf club. and Kate has a gun. I am not about to risk that. I wanted her back. But I couldn't tell if she wanted me back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One for your grandma and one for mine
Said we'd draw straws when it came time


I needed Gibbs. He was mine. My lover, my best friend. It wasn't like him to come back, much less try to get me back. I was going to have to this into my own hands now. I couldn't live with out him, and somehow I just knew he couldn't live without me. I guess we have known each other so long they become like your family and one your lover. I was going to get Gibbs back. But how was I going to do it without looking like a complete slut?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll move on baby just like you
When the desert floods and the grass turns blue
When a sailing ship don't need a moon


I wanted Kate back. Well actually I more like needed her back. She wasn't only an agent I had worked with over the years. She was me best friend, my lover. She had become so much more over the years that I have known her. She was just perfect. I needed her back. But how was I going to do that with out looking like a jerk?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It'll break my heart but I'll get through
Someday when I stop loving you
I bet all I had on a thing called love


"Gibbs. I want to tell you something." That was all I said. "I know Kate. I want to ask you something." Wait how did he know what I was going to ask him? "I love you Gibbs." I said as bluntly as I could. "Kate, I love you too." Gibbs said as he got down on one knee. "Caitlin Todd, you much more than just another agent at NCIS to me. Your my best friend, my lover. And I know I haven't had much luck in the past with marriage, but I hope my luck with change with you. Will you marry me?" I smiled the biggest smile I had in years. "Yes." I said smiling. I started giggling at how lame but cute Gibbs' little speech was. I hugged him and of course since it's NCIS the whole moment was ruined by his phone ringing and of course it was Tony.
End Notes:
For Meher Minwalla. :D
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4189