And then it got worse by Cass
Summary: Gibbs stands and watches Tony as thoughts of all that has happened goes thru his mind.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, Episode Related, Angst
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1300 Read: 6433 Published: 05/27/2005 Updated: 05/27/2005
Story Notes:
Hopefully this doesn't completely suck. I figured everyone else was writing about the finale, so I might as well too.

1. And then it got worse by Cass

And then it got worse by Cass
Author's Notes:
Gibbs stands and watches Tony as thoughts of all that has happened goes thru his mind.

NCIS and its characters do not belong to me, I’m only borrowing the characters to satisfy my cravings for fics of "the boys".


Gibb’s stood in the doorway of his bedroom, sipping his coffee watching Tony breathe. It has turned into a bad habit, waking hours before the younger agent did. After the plague incident, Gibb’s didn’t think life could get worse. He came so close to loosing Tony forever, and he honestly didn’t know what he would have done if it happened. Deep down, Gibbs didn’t think he could really put a gun to his own head, but, this was Tony and life isn’t worth living with him beside him annoying the crap out of him.

Reflecting on recent events, he knew he should’ve sent DiNozzo home when he got in the elevator with him that morning. Gibbs left before Tony woke up to go home and change clothes. He never expected Tony to show up at NCIS, especially when he still looked like death warmed over.

Then life got worse.

At the scene, hearing Kate and McGee come screaming up the hill about a bomb, and seconds later being thrown down flat and debree falling from the sky was enough to shake things up, but then when Kate started screaming for Tony and he realized that he was still down there made his hands shake and he broke out into a sweat. Seconds later his love came crawling up the hill, but one look at his face and he knew Tony was in much worse shape than he was letting on. He wanted to take him back to the hospital, but Tony was arguing with them, fighting tooth and nail that he had spent too much time in one as it was, and so he agreed to let him go back to NCIS with Ducky and let him examine him. Truthfully, he didn’t want Tony in the hospital either, knowing that he couldn’t touch or kiss Tony then. Gibbs could tell as soon as he walked in the room that something was up, and when Ducky went off on him without any strange stories, he knew he was going to have to order the young agent to lay down, just to keep him from hurting himself or others when he fell down. Then, later, he caught him in Abbey’s lab, still working on the case, albeit on his back. Shaking his head as he walked off, waiting for Tony to catch up with him, he started to realize how dedicated Tony really was. Of course, look who he was sleeping with, they were both married to the job. The worse thing, Gibbs thought, was he might have given himself away when he snatched the food from McGee and gave it to Tony. Seeing Tony just laying back, trying to show the brave front when he knew he hurt like heck from the explosion and still was feeling like crap just from being sick, and then seeing the other two agents just sitting there eating and not making sure Tony ate, just pissed him off.

Then life got even worse.

With Kate gone in seconds, her blood sprayed across Tony’s face, Gibbs instantly was filled with emotions ranging from rage for the senseless loss, petrifying fear that the sniper would take Tony next, and extreme sadness knowing that he will never hear the bickering in the office from his favorite agents. As the danger passed, and knowing now was not the time to let go of his grief, he stood and looked over at Tony, who was cradling Kate in his arms. Gibbs instantly knew Tony was in shock, as his eyes were glazed over and he had yet to say a word. Getting on his phone, he went thru the channels to get the scene taken care of. Gently taking Kate from Tony’s arms and laying her back on the ground, Gibbs stepped in front of him to try to get him to respond. As other agents approached, Ducky and McGee included, he still couldn’t get Tony to look away from the sight of Kate. It took both Ducky and himself to get the young agent down to ground level and in the truck. Deciding to take him home rather than to the office, Gibbs waited until Fornell and Morrow were there, telling them he would deal with them later, and gave what was left of the rest of his team his orders. McGee went back to headquarters to tell Abby and stay with her, and that left Ducky and his young assistant to bring Kate to the morgue.

At home, Gibbs quickly stripped Tony of his clothes and got him in the shower. Getting the blood off of Tony was the first step to healing. Once in, he soaped up both of them, as Tony started to cry. Before too much longer, both men were sobbing in each others arms. Gibbs leaned into Tony, silencing him with a kiss. It was meant to comfort, but soon turned into passion. Knowing that it easily could’ve have been either one of them, their movements turned frantic as Gibbs slowly moved down Tony’s body and before he knew it, he had Tony’s cock in his mouth. Tony was still crying, but moaning also, as he thrust into Gibbs. Gibbs slowly entered Tony with a finger, and that was all it took to have the younger agent coming in his mouth. Once Tony was finished, Gibbs turned him around and entered him with one thrust. Sucking on Tony’s neck, fucking his ass, made Gibbs forget for just one moment of everything that had happened in the last month. Soon Gibbs was seeing stars, as Tony was moaning his name and he came inside of his lover. As he gently pulled out, and washed them both all over again, he could hear over and over Tony saying "I love you, Gibbs, please don’t leave me". Turning the water off and leading him to the bed, Gibbs gently helped him under the covers and they held each other until they went to sleep.

It has been a week since it happened, and 4 days since Kate’s funeral. Facing her family was tough, but he made sure they knew that she left this world doing an amazing job that she loved, and that they would never forget her. Gibbs started watching his team carefully, making sure their grief was channeled, and that the healing process was started. Gibbs is the most concerned with Tony, who barely cracks a smile and seldom even talks. Which is what brings him to the doorway drinking coffee at 4:00 in the morning. He uses this time to watch Tony breath, and contemplate what he can do to bring the young agent thru this and back to his normal self. They say time heals everything, but Gibbs wasn’t sure if he really believed that or not. The dark circles under Tony’s eyes are even more prominent than before, and Gibbs knows he is barely eating and is only sleep from exhaustion. But Gibbs knows he can’t rush Tony, the young man wouldn’t allow it, and that eventually Kate’s death will fade, and nothing but the good memories will remain. They will soon be able to smile when her name is said, and remember her with a smile.

So Gibbs will wait for that day to come, and pray that it comes soon.

End Notes:
Hopefully this doesn't completely suck. I figured everyone else was writing about the finale, so I might as well too.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4818