Gone but not lost by AbbyC93
Summary: Abby and Kate are so close that it's hard to let go. Can Kate make it, or have an emotional break down from the pain?
Categories: Kate/Abby Characters: None
Genre: Crossover
Pairing: Kate/Abby
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 740 Read: 3010 Published: 11/18/2005 Updated: 11/18/2005
Story Notes:
This story i wrote is because, on the real show Abby and Kate were so close and it was hard to let go of Kate, but now it's Abby's turn

1. Gone but not lost by AbbyC93

Gone but not lost by AbbyC93
Author's Notes:
Abby and Kate are so close that it's hard to let go. Can Kate make it, or have an emotional break down from the pain?

It was a normal morning at NCIS. But, Abby was acting strange. Of course, no one really noticed. As usual, Tony and Kate were fighting and Gibbs was threatening that Ducky would have give them an autopsy alive if they did not stop. They had kept it going for a week and it was about to be 2. Gibbs also had a late night, and he was not in the best working order to be dealing with bevis and butthead over there. McGee thought he could get some rest from the fighting down in Abby's lab, and he thought that Abby could use some company.

" Hey Abbs. got anything new? I'm bored out of my mind..." his voice trailing off as if he was falling into a deep abyss of flying cows and the mad hatters tea party

"No! i would kinda like to be alone right now Tim. I, I, I mean McGee. Damnit. im out of it today. So, could ya leave please? I aint in the best mood." she roared back at him like she was a depressed hippo wanting attention. Although, Abby has never acted this way before. It seemed as if she was in a fairy tale land too.

"Oh come on Abbs. you know i just wanted to give you some company. I mean, you said yourself your always cooped up in here and you could use so- ABBS! Oh my god, what the hell are you doing?" he was droning on and on, and then yelled seeing Abby in a corner bleeding. She had been cutting herself!
He pulled back the trim of her shirt and he saw deep cut marks in her skin.

"Yea.." she said crying, her makeup making her look like a drying out banshee. "Whats it to you McGee? no one ever cared about me in the first place. all they did was Abbs this, Abbs that. do i have some kind of dignity here?" she said crying

"Not by the looks of this, i- " he was cut of by the sound of kate slamming the door behind her to the lab and then running over screaming.

"Oh my god. damn Abby what the hell happened? shit!" she yelled tears streaming down her eyes. running around get bandages and gauze pads.

" I'm fine. i just fell on the ground with the knife and slit myself. it's no big deal. maybe i should just g- she cut herself off. her voice fading away. her head fell on the floor. along with the density of her body with it.
With that, they got her up and carried her up to the main part of the building. tiptoeing just enough to get her past Gibbs. They knew in good time, he would fling a fit.

"What the hell are you guys doing? Is that Dr. Heimer that Ducky is supposed to be doing an autopsy on right now? if so, get your asses back downstairs. and kate, tony and McGee get back at your desks. we got a case." he said in anger. when they started into the elevator, he was so mad he came running and flung the doors open.

"What the hell is going on here? Holy shit! What the hell happened? ABBY, abby can you hear me? Guys, tell me what happened right now." he said his face turning red hot like a chili pepper who can get a Chili's

"Well, when i went down to Abby's lab i was talking to her, then she got pissed and told me to leave her alone and then i was droning on and on talking about random things, and then i saw her wasted lying on the floor on the other side of the room in peril bleeding." he said droning on and on AGAIN.

"And you think taking her in the elevator is gonna help? Damn it, i thought you knew what you were doing McGee. alright, lets get her out of here. we'll get her home."

With that, the whole NCIS team, left the building. Well, all except for Ducky who was in the lab at nite in the dark, doing an Autopsy. of course he did not mind because he was an expert at it and Palmer was there. being stupid as ever.

End Notes:
This story i wrote is because, on the real show Abby and Kate were so close and it was hard to let go of Kate, but now it's Abby's turn
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5130