Mr. Monk and the Bastard by D.Lerious
Summary: Gibbs meets the defective detective, who claims that the death of an old friend from the marines is related to the murder of a businessman. Can an exmarine & a man with OCD, phobias and other issues work together?
Categories: Gen Characters: None
Genre: Crossover
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1078 Read: 3594 Published: 12/01/2005 Updated: 12/08/2005
Story Notes:
I'll post one to two chapters at a time.

1. Chapters 1-2 by D.Lerious

2. Chapters 3-4 by D.Lerious

Chapters 1-2 by D.Lerious
Author's Notes:
Gibbs meets the defective detective, who claims that the death of an old friend from the marines is related to the murder of a businessman. Can an exmarine & a man with OCD, phobias and other issues work together?

One Saturday afternoon, as Gibbs was about to go to the basement to work on his boat, the doorbell rang.

"Who in the hell..." he wondered. Warily, the ex marine lookd through the peephole, and saw a man,with a brown suit, standing next to a blonde woman. Seeing that they weren't a danger, he opened the door.

"What do you want?"

"Were you a friend of Marine General James Robert Flanagan?" Monk said tenativly. Gibbs' threatening face unerved him.

"I was..." Gibbs answered carefully. Said man had died a year ago.

"Did you serve with him?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah I did. Why are you asking me this?"

"We're investigating the murder of a businessman." Monk said as he came in and started to straighten things up by, with a wipe, picking up the shot glasses, and moving things on the coffee table. There wasn't as much as there would be in other houses, given that Gibbs was an ex marine. Just stuff that only Monk would notice.

"What the hell are you doing?" Gibbs demanded. He found the PI's actions to be a violation of his private space.

"You'll thank me later"

"Who are you?"

"That's Adrian Monk. He's a private consultant and does a lot of work for the SFPD.You can talk to Captain Stolenmyer if you have any questions." Natalie handed him Leland's card. "I'm Natalie Teeger"

"Who hired you?"

"The victim's family" Adrian said.

"What does that have to do with my friend?"

"The same person killed them both" Monk informed him.

"My friend died in an accident!" Gibbs argued.

"That was staged..."Monk began.

"Staged!" Gibbs was starting to be angry with the private consultant.

"Wouldn't he, as a Marine General, have lots of enemies?" Natalie asked and insisted.

"But not the same ones as some businesman!" Gibs countered. Before more could be said, Gibbs got a call about a lead on a case.

"If you'll excuse me, I gotta get ready for work! You know the way out." He glared at them, especially Adrian.

Sighing, the duo went out of the house.

"Now what?"

"We've got to talk to him!" Adrian insisted.

"Gibbs has got three ex wives, maybe they might know something about Flanagan?" Natalie shrugged. "One of them might have met him socially, spent time with his wife..." Natalie shrugged.

"I doubt any of them would know anything useful to us." Adrian said.

The next day, the two went to the NCIS offices to get Gibbs to talk to them. Of course, the ex marine made them wait and wait.

"There's some weird guy and cute girl waiting for Gibbs" Tony told McGee at one point in the bull pen.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He started cleaning and organizing the receptionist's desk! She threatened to call security."

A flicker of recognition jolted the probie's brain. "Did he by any chance wear a brown suit?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That's Adrian Monk!" McGee exclaimed. "He's a legendary detective!" the young agent had first read about Adrian from newspaper articles sent by a friend who lived in San Fransisco."

"You're kidding, right?" Tony couldn't believe it. "He's textbook OCD!"

"He got severe OCD only after his wife died from a car bombing" McGee explained. "Apparently, he didn't cope with it very well"

" No kidding!He made the cute girl give him wipes!" Tony added.

TBC

End Notes:
I'll post one to two chapters at a time.
Chapters 3-4 by D.Lerious
Author's Notes:
In this second part, Monk and Natalie go to the NCIS offices to try to get Gibbs' help.
Soon, McGee introduced himself.

"I'm Agent Timothy McGee, and I work with Gibbs" the young agent knew not to shake Monk's hand. "I've..uh...read about your work. I was impressed at how you were able to prove that a man in a coma sent mail bombs"

"Thank you" Adrian brushed some lint off McGee's right sleeve.

"May I ask, why you need to see Gibbs?"

"We believe that the murder of a San Fransico businessman is related to the death of a friend of his." Monk explained

"His friend's accident was staged" Natalie added

"And you told him this?" McGee asked in disbelief.

"We tried to" Adrian shook his head. "We went to see him at his house."

McGee's eyes widened.

"Maybe you could get him to see us?" Natalie suggested.

"Well..uh..." McGee doubted his chances of success in that endeavor.

"Please, it's very important!" the assistant exclaimed.

"Well..uh.. he's not going to listen to me"

"Who will he listen to?" Natalie asked.

"No one"

"Sounds like someone I know" the assistant sighed.

Agent David told the duo as she suddenly appeared."Gibbs has told me to tell you, that no matter how long you stay, he won't be seeing you"

"You're from Israel, aren't you?" Monk asked. He had a good ear for accents.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking" the private investigator said, as he tried to straighten her badge.

"What are you doing?" she stopped him by grabbing his arm. Years at MOSSAD had taught her to be paranoid.

"Your badge was crooked." Monk said gingerly. He didn't like to be touched. Thankfully for him, she let go, and he said "Wipe!"

Natalie gave one to him, and the P.I frantically wiped his hand. David crossed her arms and gave him a look.

"He has OCD" McGee explained.

"What is that exactly?"

"It's short for obsessive compulsive disorder. People who suffer from it have this little rituals, and a compulsion to have everything a certain way. His need to straighten your badge is an example of that. Adrian Monk also has germ phobia. That's why he asked for a wipe after you grabbed his arm."

"I see..." David said, and realized why Gibbs did not want to meet with the man.

Natalie again explained why she and Monk needed to see Gibbs.

"So you think that a friend of his was kiilled by the same person as a businessman in San Fransico?" David asked in disbelief.

"Yeah" Monk nodded. "The accident that his friend died from was staged."

"How was it staged?" As an assasin,Agent Davidknew a little bit about staging accidents.

Before Monk could answer her, Tony came and told McGee and David that Gibbs wanted them to return to work.

TBC
End Notes:
I'll post one to two chapters at a time.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5153