Lord of the Bastards chs1-3 by D.Lerious
Summary: Gibbs and the gang investigate a murder and House knows more than he is telling. Who is he protecting?
Categories: Gen Characters: None
Genre: Crossover
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 688 Read: 2507 Published: 03/12/2007 Updated: 12/01/2005

1. Lord of the Bastards chs1-3 by D.Lerious

Lord of the Bastards chs1-3 by D.Lerious
Author's Notes:
Gibbs and the gang investigate a murder and House knows more than he is telling. Who is he protecting?

"Any witnesses?" Gibbs asked Tony as they looked through the crime scene, which was near a hotel.

"A Dr. House." Tony told him. "He was on some conference."

"Dr. Gregory House?" Ducky was surprised. The good doctor had just arrived, with his assistant. "He's not known for going to conferences, especially in recent years."

"You've heard of him?" Tony asked.

"He's a very brilliant diagnostician, though I hear his bedside manner leaves something to be desired."

"Aren't all doctors diagnosticians?" Gibbs asked doubtfully. He wasn't impressed.

"Some take it to an artform."

Tony showed Ducky to the body, and Gibbs went to question House.

House sized up Gibbs,when the latter when to introduce himself. The doctor could tell that Gibbs was former military from the demeanor and haircut.

"Did you know the victim?"

"No." House lied. The truth was that he had gone to the conference as a favor to Wilson, who had met and started a fling with the victim, a petty officer in the Navy. He feared that Wilson, whom he hadn't seen in hours, would be a suspect.

"What did you see?"

"I was on my way out, when I saw someone get thrown out of the car. When I went to do something, I found that I was too late."

"Thank you" Gibbs said, though he knew, thanks to his gut, that House was lying.

A little while later, he talked to some employees of the hotel.

"Did she spend a lot of time with a guy who uses a cane?" Gibbs showed a picture of the victim.

"No, but her boyfriend did." an employee whispered.

"So the guy with the limp was a friend of her lover?"

"Yeah."

With some leg work, the gang Wilson's name and hotel room. They also found out other things.

"He's the head of oncology at a teaching hospital at princeton and has been married three times." Tony said. "He went to Harvard for undergrad and medical school"

At the morgue, the exmarine talked to Ducky.

"What can you tell me about House?"

"Well, from what I've heard thanks to a friend who works in the same hospital, he's an open vicodin addict, has lied to the transplant commiteee, accepted a car from a well known gangster, and numerous other things."

"I'm surprised they haven't fired his ass"

"You think he had something to do with this murder?"

"He lied about knowing the victim. Turns out that his best friend was having an affair with her."

"House may not a very ethical man, but I don't see him as an accomplice to murder." Ducky commented with a puzzled face.

The next day, Gibbs broke into Wilson's hotel room. He found the tell tale sighns of a fling.

Next door, House fretted as to his friend's whereabouts.

"Where is he?" he scrunched up his face and popped some pills.

Gibbs thought about things. The reason he had asked House if he knew the victim was that he gut had told him to.

Meanwhile, Greg called his friend's cell again, but all he got was voice mail.

A few minutes later, House heard a knock.

"It's about time!" House said as he opened the door. "You are in a bit of a ...!" He shut up when he saw that it was Gibbs. The doctor's blue eyes widened.

"I'm taking you in for questioning." Gibbs said. The doctor's slip had convinced the ex marine to take him in.

Before he knew it, House found himself in an interogation room. As he took out his vicodin bottle, Gibbs, with deftness, snatched it.He had seen House take some pills when they first had met, and the agent knew how to spot a drug addict.

"Hey!"

"It's kinda soon isn't it?" Gibbs read the label. Then he put one pill on the table. "If you coroporate, I may decide to give you more"

TBC

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5154