Kitty, Kitty, Bang, Bang by katherine
Summary: There was one little detail left unresolved in the episode...what happened to Lt. Hill's cat? My muse thought I should answer it.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Drabble/Ficlet/Vignette
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1445 Read: 5498 Published: 04/22/2006 Updated: 04/22/2006
Story Notes:
I would label this as light slash. Nothing more than a few thoughts and some quick kisses.

And the title was a gift, from ResearchGeek. Thank you.

1. Kitty, Kitty, Bang, Bang by katherine

Kitty, Kitty, Bang, Bang by katherine
Author's Notes:
There was one little detail left unresolved in the episode...what happened to Lt. Hill's cat? My muse thought I should answer it.
Gibbs watched as Tony placed a cat carrier on his desk. Inside was the ginger tabby that belonged to their dead naval cryptographer, Lt. Lara Hill. The cat looked comfortable, paws tucked under himself as yellow-green eyes watched things around him curiously. Gibbs wasn't going to ask Tony what the hell he was doing with the animal. He knew he didn't have to because he knew Ziva or McGee would.

Ziva got up from her desk and approached Tony's. She pointed to the carrier. "Isn't that—"

"Yes, it is." Tony said with a quick smile as he checked something on his computer screen.

McGee approached Tony's desk warily, looking ready to sneeze at just the sight of the cat. "I thought you didn't like it."

"I like him just fine." Tony corrected with a one shoulder shrug. "He doesn't like me."

"Then why do you have him on your desk?"

Gibbs waited, wanting to hear the answer to that himself. He sipped his coffee, sitting back in his chair, watching everything unfold.

"If I didn't take him, they were going to ship him off to the pound." Tony shook his head, and frowned. "Most of those places put unwanted pets to sleep."

Ziva looked amused, rolling her eyes. "You honestly expect us to believe you care about what happens to it?"

"He's not an it," Tony corrected with a bright grin, "and no I don't expect you to believe anything Ziva."

"Do you even know his name?" McGee asked, still eyeing the cat suspiciously.

"Does it matter?" Tony chuckled. "Not like he comes when I call, Probie."

"He came when Gibbs called," McGee pointed out, casting a quick glance toward the former Marine. Gibbs knew he was still trying to figure out how the hell he'd done that, but he wasn't about to tell him. He was as surprised at everyone else when it had worked. He was just better at not showing it.

"Good point." Tony nodded, and shrugged again. "He's only staying with me for tonight until Gloria can take him."

Ziva's eyebrows rose. "Who is Gloria?"

Tony gave her a coy look. "Does it matter?"

Ziva rolled her eyes, responding sarcastically, "Only if she comes when you call, I suppose."

"Has every time so far." Tony gave her a wink and a smile.
Gibbs had to hand to his lover. The younger man certainly knew how to imply more than what was being said. He wondered what Ziva's reaction would be if she knew that Gloria was Ducky's age. The only thing physical that had ever passed between her and Tony was a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Gloria lived in the apartment building next to Tony's. Gibbs wasn't sure how they'd met, but Gloria was decidedly fond of Tony. The younger man, for his part, tended to regard her as something like a favored aunt or grandmother. Since her own children rarely visited, it was Tony she called if she needed anything. She often repaid the favor in cookies or brownies, catering to Tony's sweet tooth every chance she had.

Normally, her cat, Guinness, kept her company most of the time. Guinness died just a few months ago at the ripe old age of seventeen. Tony said she'd been talking about getting another pet, so Gibbs wasn't surprised his lover thought to give her Lt. Hill's tabby. It was a win/win situation.

Ziva gave Tony a disdainful look. The cat seemed to regard her the same way. He shifted in the carrier, curling up so his back was presented to her.

"I hope you've got a litter box and something to feed him." Ziva made it sound as though the basic necessities were likely something that wouldn't have occurred to Tony.

Tony grinned. "Not a problem."

Gibbs knew Tony wouldn't have even considered bringing the cat home without being able to take care of it. His lover might not have ever had a pet, but he wasn't a complete idiot when it came to animals.

Gibbs found out by accident the younger man was hell on wheels when it came to horses. Tony had dismissed knowing how to ride as something every rich kid growing up on Long Island was expected to be able to do. His easy familiarity with the large animals and genuine fondness for them was readily apparent and belied Tony's casual dismissal of the skill.

"Didn't I tell you people to go home?" Gibbs asked dryly, interrupting Ziva before she could say anything else. He tossed his empty cup in the trash. "I'm sure I can find things for you to do if you want to stay."

"See you Monday, Boss." McGee was already heading for the elevator double time. Ziva was not far behind, tossing her own good-bye over her shoulder. They were gone in record time.

Gibbs got up from his desk. He lips curled into a smile as he watched Tony carefully pick up the carrier, making sure to keep it level and steady for the occupant inside.

"You don't mind, do you?" Tony asked softly as they moved together toward the elevator. "I mean I should have asked you first, but it's only one night. And Abby was calling the animal control people to come get him. Gloria has been feeling down about Guinness, so I called her about adopting him. She said yes, but couldn't take him until tomorrow because she's got canasta night with the girls and I just—"

"It's fine, Tony." Gibbs ran a hand lightly down Tony's back once they were safely in the elevator and away from the security cameras. "I like cats."

"Cool." Tony grinned. He leaned over and gave Gibbs a quick kiss. "Thanks."

There was really something wrong with Tony thanking him for allowing him to do a good deed, but Gibbs wasn't sure how to express the sentiment without sounding stupid. Hell, it was still Tony's apartment. It wasn't like he could tell the younger man not to bring home a pet. Or not to be nice to an older woman who clearly would appreciate the gesture.

"Does he have a name?" Gibbs asked, mildly curious.

Tony chuckled. "Asked the Napleton before we let her go. Figured she'd know."

"So, what is his name?"

"Percival." Tony snickered. "I'm thinking he'll like having Gloria rename him."

"Figure she'll go for another of Eddie's drinks?" Guinness got his name because the dark beer had been a favorite of Eddie's, Gloria's husband.

Tony seemed to give it a moment of serious consideration. "More likely one of the hard liquors this time." He chuckled. "Can see him as a Jack or Johnny."

"You want me to pick up dinner?"

"Since you ate my lunch, you'd better." Tony gave him a mock glare. Gibbs knew he didn't really mind him eating the barbeque sandwich. It was Gibbs favorite, not Tony's.

"I'm pretty sure the cupboard is bare, so if we are going to eat, you'll have to get us something."

Tony usually left grocery shopping for Saturdays, but spending this one at the office messed that up. Gibbs knew his own refrigerator was likely equally bare. He hated grocery shopping, but picking up something was no hardship.

"Anything in particular you want?"

Tony's eyes warmed as they moved over Gibbs with a nearly tangible caress. "Can't get what I want as take out, Jethro."

Gibbs shivered, trying hard not to react to the look or the tone of his lover's voice. God, he loved it when Tony said his name that way. He cleared his throat. "Seriously….what to you want for dinner?"

Tony smiled. "Surprise me."

Gibbs leaned in for another quick kiss, wanting…needing to taste that smile before they had to part company again. He really wished he could mark the younger man in some permanent way, let the world know that Tony was his.

He pulled back reluctantly. He patted Tony on the ass proprietarily. Damn Ziva for being so forward. She could invade Tony's space while he had his shirt off, but Gibbs couldn't do the same. Not that it really mattered…much. Tony was going to be sleeping in his bed where Gibbs could to a lot more than just look. That was really all that mattered.

"I'll see you at home."

"I'll be there."


FINI
End Notes:
I would label this as light slash. Nothing more than a few thoughts and some quick kisses.

And the title was a gift, from ResearchGeek. Thank you.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5537