Breakdown by the pink life
Summary: Tony finds a release after the events of "Hiatus."
Categories: DiNozzo/Abby Characters: None
Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo, DiNozzo/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 5648 Read: 15625 Published: 09/07/2006 Updated: 10/19/2006
Story Notes:
Recommended listening: "Breakdown" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Fits the story and also fits Tony & Gibbs. Also, this is my first attempt at Gibbs/DiNozzo fic, so feedback as to I'm doing in that regard would be highly appreciated! This story will end up DiNozzo/Abby, so don't expect much Gibbs/DiNozzo romance type stuff after about the second chapter.

1. Breakdown by the pink life

2. Can't do it by the pink life

3. Comfort by the pink life

4. The Morning After by the pink life

5. Surprise Visit by the pink life

6. Talking by the pink life

Breakdown by the pink life
Author's Notes:
Tony finds a release after the events of "Hiatus."
Tony glanced at his computer's clock. 3:17 AM. He sighed and leaned back into his chair. He had been sitting at his desk at NCIS' headquarters since Gibbs announced his departure earlier that evening. He wasn't doing anything to speak of, just sitting, soaking in Gibbs' words, his leaving.

A soft sliding sound announced the arrival of someone from the elevator. Tony sighed as he put his hands behind his head and propped his feet on his desk, crossing his legs.

"Hey, Abs," he said, only the slightest bit of melancholy tingeing his words. "Couldn't sleep, either? Gotta stop drinking all that Caff-Pow!."

"Sure. Blame me for Abby's insomnia."

Tony flung himself out of his lounging position as if a Caff-Pow! itself has said the words. "Bo-" The "ss" died on his lips as Gibbs shook his head. "Right. Gibbs. What are you doing here?"

Gibbs sat on the corner of Tony's desk. "Well, DiNozzo, I could ask you the same question, couldn't I?"

Tony narrowed his eyes. "It's 'Tony' now, Gibbs. And I don't have to answer you."

Gibbs shrugged one shoulder, took a swig of coffee, and said, "No. I suppose you don't, To-ny."

Tony launched out of his chair like something had bit him in the ass. "How the hell can you be so calm about all this? You're leaving, Gibbs. You're leaving NCIS."

Gibbs bobbed his head in agreement. "Yeah. I'm leaving. I know what I'm doing."

Tony gaped at him. "You're so goddamned smug, you know that? Always have been. I've just never been able to tell you before because I, you know, actually wanted to keep my job."

Gibbs smirked. "Shoulda said something. I would've left before now."

Tony's eyes bored holes through Gibbs. "You wanna be a bastard, Gibbs? You got it." With his jaw set in a look of determination, he lunged at Gibbs, pressing him against a file cabinet. "You don't just mess with people's lives the way you do, Gibbs. We're supposed to have each other's backs, not turn our backs on each other. Don't you know that? Or is that only a Marine thing?" Flames flickered in the younger man's eyes, threatening to blaze into a full-blown wildfire.

Gibbs didn't waver. Keeping his eyes focused on Tony, he swung around, pinning Tony against the same file cabinet to which he was just pressed. "I don't care what you think I'm doing here, but I am not turning my back on you. Not on you, not on the team, not on NCIS. I trust you, Tony. I know you'll make the right decision, whatever the case may be."

Tony still looked pissed, and his facial expression hadn't changed from the time Gibbs pinned him against the cabinet. Then his expression changed, and it surprised Gibbs.

A single tear slid down Tony's cheek as he began crying.

Gibbs sighed, releasing Tony's shirt and lightly embracing him. "It'll be okay, Tony," he said, his chapped lips scraping Tony's clean-shaven cheek.

Tony pulled back enough to look Gibbs in the eye, then seeing that Gibbs was right - things would be okay - did the only thing he felt appropriate in the situation.

He kissed him.

Even as his lips descended on Gibbs, Tony mentally slapped himself upside the head. What the hell was he thinking? Gibbs certainly wasn't going to stand for another man kissing him. And it wasn't like Tony spent a lot of time kissing other men, either.

Tony was so caught up in how much Gibbs was going to kick his ass for the kiss that it never registered to him that Gibbs hadn't pulled away. So he broke the kiss instead, backing slightly away - as much as he could with the file cabinet in his way.

"Sorry," Tony said, not quite looking at Gibbs, but more at the wall behind Gibbs. "I guess I just got caught up in the moment. Won't happen again."

Gibbs realized Tony wouldn't look at him and tried to divert his attention back to him. "Tony, look at me." Tony turned his eyes to Gibbs, a look of embarrassment and a hint of lust shading them. "You don't have to apologize. I know I'm a bastard. And I'll let you do whatever you need to do to make you feel better. Well, short of killing me, that is." That comment elicited a grun from Tony. "Deal?"

"Whatever I need to do?" Tony asked. There couldn't be any loopholes. He didn't want Gibbs to think any differently of him because of one night of strained emotions.

"Anything, Tony," Gibbs responded, not taking his eyes from Tony's as he said the words. What they saw in each other's eyes said more than any words ever could, and Tony foresaw Gibbs' next three words. "I trust you."

Tony sucked in his bottom lip and nodded. "My place."

Gibbs finally stepped away to a conversational distance. "Meet you there." He started to walk away, but Tony grabbed his arm as he walked out, stopping him.

"Come with me." Gibbs eyed Tony, questioning the implications of that request, then nodded. The pair headed for the elevator, and as the doors slid shut, the stony expressions on their faces hid the cavalcade of emotions each man was trying so desperately to keep from the other.
End Notes:
Recommended listening: "Breakdown" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Fits the story and also fits Tony & Gibbs. Also, this is my first attempt at Gibbs/DiNozzo fic, so feedback as to how I'm doing in that regard would be highly appreciated!
Can't do it by the pink life
An uneasy tension of nervousness, excitement, anger and an undertone of pure sadness permeated the car ride to Tony's apartment. While Tony hadn't told Gibbs what he needed to do to give himself release, Gibbs had a feeling his punishment would lie somewhere between pleasure and pain – for both of them.

Tony slowed the car to a halt in front of the familiar façade of his apartment complex. "We're here," he said, twisting the key to an off position.

Gibbs stepped from the car, sucking in the fresh night air before Tony stood at his side, caressing his elbow as a motion for them to enter.

Tony unlocked the door with a gentle click and they stepped inside. His apartment was polished much like Tony himself, and Gibbs felt slightly out of place as he sat on Tony's leather couch.

"You ready?" Gibbs asked.

"You should be the one asking yourself that. Let's go." He pointed down a small hallway that could only lead one place – Tony's bedroom.

Gibbs stood and walked to the bedroom, not showing any emotions whatsoever. Tony followed, nervous, excited, and disgusted all at once about what he was going to do.

"So, Gibbs, tell me," Tony said, "ever been with a man before?" He slammed the bedroom door shut.

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "Don't start with the dramatic crap, Tony. If you're going to do it, do it already."

"Do what, Gibbs?" Tony asked, sidling closer. He stood mere inches from Gibbs, runing a hand down the older man's arm.

Gibbs threw Tony's hand away. "Fuck me, DiNozzo, that's what."

Tony's face hardened to match Gibbs' expression. "Fine. Let's do this. Pull down your pants."

Gibbs did as ordered, yanking down his jeans as Tony lowered his own pants. He waited for his next orde, and when one didn't come, asked, "Do you have a preferred position?"

Tony snarled at Gibbs' show of impatience. "Yeah. You facing the wall and shutting the hell up."

Gibbs turned and waited for the ensuing pain. Tony ripped Gibbs' underwear down, and as Gibbs waited longer, he asked again, "You gonna do it, Tony?"

"Have you ever been with a man before?" Tony repeated.

"What? No, I've never been with.."

"Then this is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me." Tony moved to the other side of the bed, where he rummaged around for a jar of Vasoline. He slathered a thick coat over his index finger and prepared to give Gibbs the surprise of his life.

Gibbs was starting to give up on Tony when he suddenly felt a sharp jab in his asshole. "What the…"

"Told you you wouldn't like it," Tony said, pumping his finger in and out of Gibbs' ass.

"Who says I don't like it?" Gibbs grunted, his face turning red and his breathing growing shallow.

"Well, if you liked that, you're going to hate this," Tony said, removing his finger with a ‘spluck,' grabbing a condom from his night stand, and rolling it onto his now-erect penis. "Because, after all, you fucked me, so now it's my turn to fuck you." He thrust himself into Gibbs, enjoying the yelp of pain Gibbs let out.

As he continued his assault on Gibbs' ass, he also continued his rant. "I'm the one in control now, Gibbs. You said it yourself. I never realized what a coward you were until you just decided to leave. But goddamnit, I'll never have the same balls to do half of what you did. I need you at NCIS, and you're fucking leaving! I can't do this fucking job without you!" He suddenly grabbed Gibbs and spun him over to face him. "You're the reason ‘I'll do,' Gibbs. No one else. Just you." He stopped talking long enough to remove his cock from Gibbs' ass, peel off the condom and jerk himself off, shooting his load across Gibbs' stomach.

Silence permeated the post-orgasmic air until Gibbs spoke. "You're your own man, Tony. I didn't make you. You made yourself. And if you ever do that again…"

Tony breathed heavily, then said, "I know. You'll kick my ass."

Gibbs yanked Tony to his level. "Let's hope it never comes to this again." He then stood up, pulled up his pants, and left Tony's apartment.

Tony watched as Gibbs walked out of the building, hailed a cab and rode off. He smiled slightly, then sunk down onto his bed. He had really fucked up this time. And there was only one person who could help him now.
End Notes:
The only real NC-17 chapter of the story (as of yet).
Comfort by the pink life
Author's Notes:
Tony turns to the one person he knows he can trust.
As Tony drove through the streets, thoughts flashed through his mind. What he had done tonight was so unlike anything he had ever done before when it came to Gibbs. He knew Gibbs wouldn't say anything about what happened, and he was grateful for that, but he needed to tell someone, and that's why he was out driving at 4 AM.

He pulled up in front of his confidante's apartment, parking his car and turning off the engine. He didn't go in right away, though. He needed some time to wrap his head around tonight's activities, how they would affect his relationship with Gibbs and his role at NCIS.

He sighed and pushed open his car door, knowing that he had to do this now before he completely chickened out. He jogged up the stairs, strode through the lobby, and pressed the up button on the elevator.

The ride to the third floor seemed to take ages, and Tony filled the time trying to think of a way to say what he did. " ‘I assaulted Gibbs.' ‘One thing led to another, and Gibbs was asking for it.'" Nothing seemed to fit the seriousness of the situation, though. "Come on, Tony. Think!"

The elevator dinged and opened, leaving Tony no further chance to concoct the perfect phrase. He walked to his friend's apartment, still trying to think of a way to break the news. Then he stopped at the room, knocked, and waited for an answer.

The door creaked open. "Tony?"

"I fucked Gibbs," Tony blurted.

"Am I dreaming?"

"No, Abs, you're awake and I am telling you that I just had sex with Leroy Jethro Gibbs." Tony pushed his way past Abby into her apartment, where he took a seat on her couch. He stared ahead with a blank look on his face, like he was just realizing for himself what had happened at his apartment.

"Well, gee, Tony, I don't know what to say," Abby said, shutting the door and sitting next to him. "I think it's kinda hot."

Tony continued to stare straight ahead. "That's not what I was hoping for." He finally seemed to snap out of it and turned to look at her. "I don't know if I can do this job without him. He's the boss. I could never be him."

Abby laid a hand on his shoulder. "No one's expecting you to he him," she said softly. "We just want you to be yourself."

"But I don't know if that's good enough," Tony admitted, looking at his hands.

"Tony, of course it is," Abby said, embracing him. "You're more than ‘good enough.' You're the best. Would Gibbs trust the team with any less?"

Tony smiled a little. "I guess not." He made a move to stand up, but Abby's restraining hand held him back.

"You don't have to be alone in this," she said, then stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

As she walked, she was suddenly being given a bear hug from behind. She smiled. "You okay, Tony?"

"Thank you," he whispered into her hair, and he had the sudden urge to ask Abby a favor. "Hey, Abs."

"Yeah, Tony?" Abby had a feeling of what he was going to ask her, and she anticipated his next request.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" He still had his nose buried in her hair, taking in her scent.

Abby smiled again. "I thought you might ask that. Come on. Let's go to bed."

Tony's arm snaked around Abby's waist and Abby rested her head on Tony's shoulder as they walked to Abby's bedroom. Tony allowed Abby to climb in first while he discarded his shirt and pants, leaving just his boxer briefs. He then crawled in after her, waiting for her to arrange herself into a comfortable position before wrapping an arm around her and pressing his forehead to hers. They weren't usually intimate, had never really considered dating, but somehow, this felt like the right thing to do, and both of them felt right at home in the other's arms.

"Hey, Tony," Abby said.

"Hmm?"

"What did you tell Gibbs when you, you know…"

Tony shrugged a shoulder. "I told him he had fucked me, so now it was my turn to fuck him."

Abby appeared to think that over for a moment, then said, "Tasteful." The air was silent, then filled with laughter for both of them.

"Abby, I can't thank you enough for…" He was cut off by Abby pressing a finger to his lips.

"Shh, Tony," she said. "Let's just sleep."

Tony smiled, and before she could roll over, pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. "I love you, Abs. You mean the world to me."

Abby's eyes lit up at Tony's words. "I love you, too, Tony. Good night." She rolled over, and Tony laid his arm over her waist. This situation with Gibbs was far from over, but it could wait until morning. Right now, Tony was drifting off into a peaceful slumber, holding onto the one person he was certain would never desert him.
End Notes:
So, this chapter isn't Tibbs. I can tell you that right now. Not after what just happened. And Tibbs isn't my first ship for the show, so don't expect a ton of romance there. Sorry to disappoint. And this chapter can be taken as romance or friendship - it works both ways. Think of it how you please.
The Morning After by the pink life
Tony awoke to rumpled sheets and bass thumping through the bedroom walls. Squinting his eyes, he stumbled from the bed and out the door, where he was met full-on by a blast of death metal.

"Jesus Christ, Abby," he said to himself. He widened his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up, and when they focused, he saw Abby.

She was standing in the kitchen in a black bra and black velour pajama pants. "Hello, Abs," he said, once again to himself.

She faced the other way, so Tony decided to take the opportunity to sneak up behind her. As he was creeping, Abby caught a glimpse of him in the reflection of her stainless steel fridge and decided to give him a surprise of his own.

Just before Tony reached Abby, she spun around, throwing her arms out. "Tony! You're awake!"

He grimaced, not happy with being surprised. "Yeah. I'm awake. Do you think you could turn the music down?"

"Oh," Abby said, looking disappointed. "Sorry." She skipped to the stereo system in her living room, switching it off and leaving the room in resounding silence.

"Wow," Tony said. He thudded onto a stool by the kitchen counter, holding his head in his hands.

"You want some coffee, hon?" Abby asked him, ruffling his hair.

"All I want right now is for this whole thing to be over," Tony said, resting his chin on his hand and looking at her. "I don't have a problem being the boss. I just have a problem being the boss after Gibbs."

"I know, Tony baby, and that's why you gotta talk to Gibbs," Abby said, snuggling into Tony's side.

Tony hacked out a sarcastic laugh. " ‘Talk to Gibbs,' Abs? Gibbs doesn't talk. Not to me, anyway."

Abby pondered his words for a minute, then spoke. "Well, if you don't think Gibbs will talk to you, maybe he'll talk to me." She skipped away from him towards her bedroom.

"Wait," Tony said, easing off the stool and following her. "You can't talk to Gibbs. He'll know I told you about...you know, what I did."

Abby emerged from her bedroom in a tight black dress covered in buckles. Placing her hands on his shoulders, she asked, "Don't you think he knows I'd be the first person you'd go to?" He pondered that as Abby rummaged in her purse for the keys to her hearse. "Don't worry, Tony. The silver-haired fox and I will have a nice discussion about what happened, and everything will be back to normal before you know it." She triumphantly held up her car keys, smiling, but that disappeared when she saw the look on Tony's face.

He looked genuinely worried, like he was scared Abby would tell Gibbs he was in love with him, that that's why he had done what he did. Abby stepped up to him and cupped his face in her hands. "I won't tell him anything you don't want me to," she said.

"Thank you," he said, laying his hands over hers and kissing the pads of her thumbs. They both smiled as she slid her hands down his chin and onto his chest, pausing at his heart, feeling his heartbeat increase slightly. She looked up into his eyes, witnessing a look of lust he had never given her before, one that said he needed some kind of release from this situation. The kind of release he was used to.

Abby blew out a shaky breath as she removed her hand from his chest. She couldn't have sex with Tony! Well, she could, the act itself was no problem, but it was Tony. And after what happened with Gibbs last night, the last thing he needed was to sleep with her, too. She had a feeling this was more than just sex, though, and that's what had her questioning herself.

She felt Tony's hand guiding her chin skyward – she hadn't even realized she had been looking at the floor – and looked into his eyes again.

"Abby," he said. "I need this."

She closed her eyes, preparing herself for the answer she was about to give him, then opened them again, ready to give him her response.

"Gibbs can wait."
End Notes:
More Tabby.
Surprise Visit by the pink life
Tony's eyes widened. He wanted this, really needed it, but when Abby actually agreed, it was like asking for a pony for your birthday and waking up the day you turn 7 to find a Shetland standing in your living room. Not that Abby could be compared to a horse. But it was still one of those situations where he didn't know what to do. He had asked for the pony, and now here she was, but when he asked, he never thought about how much work having a pet really is.

"Tony?" Abby asked, the timidness in her voice drawing Tony out of his thoughts. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head free of his thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just... I really need this, Abs, but I don't want you to think I'm using you."

Abby nodded. "I know you're not, hon. If you're having second thoughts, I can still go talk to Gibbs, and when I get back, then we can talk and...decide what we want to do."

Tony scratched the back of his head, studying his shoes. The air had gotten thick with awkwardness, and he knew he needed an excuse to get out of there. "Okay, yeah, that sounds good. I need to go home, take a shower, change clothes, you know, that kind of stuff."

"Then it's settled," Abby said, already walking to the door. "I'll go find Gibbs, you'll go home, and when I'm done with Gibbs, I'll be ready for you." Tony raised an eyebrow. "Uh, I mean, I'll call you when we're done talking."

Tony nodded, but he looked miles away. Abby suddenly rushed back to him and hugged him with all she had. "I want to make this all better for you, Tony," she said, her voice muffled by his shirt. "You gotta believe that everything is gonna be okay."

Tony pulled her head away from his chest, holding it in his hands. "I do, Abs." And with that, he pulled her into a long, hot kiss, moving his hands through her hair. Her hands went up to his head, holding it in place in order to kiss him better.

When they pulled away, both were breathing heavily. "So, I take it Gibbs can wait some more?" Abby asked between pants.

Tony shrugged. "Give him a few days to get a grip on everything. I want to talk to him myself."

"A few days, huh? I don't know if I have that much energy."

Tony's grinned at Abby's wit, and she beamed back at him, glad to see his personality coming back.

"Come on, pretty lady," Tony said, gathering Abby close to him. "We have some business to take care of."

Abby looked up at him. The look of lust was back in his eyes. She pulled away from him just enough to take him by the hand, then pulled him into her bedroom.

"So, how do you wanna do this?" Abby asked, stripping off Tony's shirt as he nuzzled the side of her neck.

"I don't care, Abs," he said between kisses. "I just want to be with you."

They fell onto the bed, tearing at their remaining clothes, undoing buckles and buttons and zippers, and laying kisses anywhere there was bare skin. Before long, they were both completely unclothed, and they paused in their frantic kissing to admire each other's naturalness.

"God, Abs, you're beautiful," Tony said, attacking the side of her neck again.

"I haven't been with a man as built as you in...ever," Abby said, breathing heavily against his heaving frame.

Tony stopped his assault on her neck long enough to look into her eyes at the moment he entered her. It was at that moment that he saw a look in her eyes that said she knew this was more than sex. It was a conscious decision made by both of them to change the nature of their relationship forever.

They couldn't go back to being "just friends" after this, and neither of them wanted that, judging by their eagerness to do this. It wouldn't be easy to make the transition, and there would likely be lots of bumps in the road – especially at NCIS.

Tony rolled off Abby as they both climaxed. He had never been one for cuddling after sex – always more the fall asleep or order pizza type –and while he could've gone for pizza, something made him just want to wrap his arms around Abby and hold her.

So he did.

Abby snuggled into his embrace, enjoying the heat of his body against her own and the thump of his heart beating against her back. Just as they were drifting to sleep – a mid-Saturday afternoon nap – a knock sounded at Abby's apartment door.

Abby shot up in bed. "I have to get that, Tony."

"So get it."

"What if it's Gibbs?"

Tony opened an eye and looked at her. "You tell him you're busy and can't talk to him, then you come back to bed." He paused. "Just go."

Abby threw on Tony's shirt and skipped out to the living room before Tony could tell her to put on something else, and pressed herself up against the peephole. "Who's there?"

"It's me, Abs. Open the door."

Gibbs. Of course. "Uh, I can't. I'm...naked! And that would just be inappropriate."

She pressed her eye to the peephole again and saw Gibbs roll his eyes. "So put on some clothes. It's not that difficult, Abs."

"All my clothes are dirty?" She couldn't hide the question in her voice and Gibbs sighed on the other side of the door.

"Let me in, Abs. And if you don't, I know how to get that door open."

Abby quickly unlocked the door and let him in. The last thing she needed was Gibbs busting down her door.

Gibbs walked in and looked Abby up and down, studying her "nakedness." He nodded, taking a sip of the coffee he was holding. "Guess all your clothes are dirty." Abby gave him a questioning look. He fingered her shirt. "Explains why you're wearing DiNozzo's shirt."

Abby gave him a dubious look. "And what makes you think this is Tony's shirt?"

He leaned close to her. "Because I saw him wearing that same shirt yesterday." He straightened. "Where is he?"

Before she could say anything, he started walking towards her bedroom. "What makes you think Tony's even here?" Abby asked, not wanting to see the fight when Gibbs did find Tony.

"Oh, I don't know, Abs," Gibbs said, stopping and facing her. "Maybe the fact that you answered the door in his shirt and have been acting strange?"

"Smart man," Abby said to herself as Gibbs continued towards her bedroom.

He flung open the door, startling Tony, who was still in bed.

"Hey, Gibbs," Tony said mildly.

"DiNozzo. Thought I'd find you here. Hoped you'd have more clothes on, but you can't always get what you want."

Tony looked at Abby, who was standing in the doorway. "Hey, Abs, would you mind giving us a few minutes?" he asked quietly.

Abby looked from him to Gibbs then back to Tony again. "I don't know. You might need a witness."

Tony continued to look at Gibbs as he said, "Yeah, you have a point."

Gibbs sighed. "I'm not gonna do anything to him. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to, but I won't. Now, this is between me and DiNozzo."

Abby continued to stand in the doorway, arms crossed over her chest. "Tony told me what happened. Besides, you left. I don't have to be happy with you. And this is my house."

Gibbs huffed. "Fine. Do what you want. I'll talk to DiNozzo later." He turned to leave and Abby stopped him.

"No, Gibbs," she said, blocking the doorway. "You came to talk and that's what you're going to do. And if you're not going to talk to Tony, you're going to talk to me." The look on her face said she wasn't giving up, and Gibbs knew better than to argue with Abby when she was set on something.

Gibbs sighed. "Living room. Now. DiNozzo..." Tony waited for the lashing he was about to receive. "Put on some clothes."

Tony let out a heavy breath as Gibbs left the room and Abby looked at him.

"It'll be okay, Tony," she said.

"And if it's not?"

She sighed. "You'll still have me." She ruffled his hair and headed to meet Gibbs, leaving Tony alone and worried.
End Notes:
More Tabby, but an appearance is made by the grand master!
Talking by the pink life
Abby closed the bedroom door behind her and walked to the living room, where Gibbs was sitting on the couch, looking annoyed.

"How long have you and DiNozzo been sleeping together?" Gibbs asked, lacing his fingers together as he settled back on the couch.

"I don't think that's any of your business," Abby said sternly. "Besides, you didn't come here to talk about me and Tony."

"That's because I didn't know you two were having sex when I came here," Gibbs said.

"How long were you standing there?" Abby asked, then quickly said, "I mean, that's not the issue here. You and Tony is the issue, and I don't want you to leave NCIS with this, whatever it is," she threw her hands around wildly, "between you. It's not healthy, Gibbs."

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "Oh, so now you're a psychiatrist? There's nothing to talk about, Abs. I just came over to tell DiNozzo something, not to sit and have a heart-to-heart with you."

Abby looked hurt. "But Gibbs. This is Tony we're talking about. He's very sensitive."

"And I'm sure he appreciates you saying that," Gibbs said. "He's probably listening to us right now, so he might as well come out here." He raised his voice and tilted his head towards the bedroom, signalling he knew Tony was eavesdropping.

Tony stepped into the room, clad in only his jeans since Abby was still wearing his shirt, and said, "I actually don't mind Abby calling me sensitive." He paused. "As long as that stays among us." He stood behind the chair Abby sat in, resting his hands on the top of the chair. Abby reached a hand behind her and laid it on top of Tony's hand, the two of them still looking at Gibbs.

"What?" Gibbs asked at their expectant looks. "You want me to give you my okay to sleep together? Well, fine. Okay. I don't care what you two do in the bedroom. You're adults. I trust you."

Abby threw her hands up in exasperation, almost giving Tony whiplash in the process. He backed away just in time, and watched as Abby explained to Gibbs.

"Gibbs, I just want you to be able to leave NCIS knowing that Tony hasn't been scarred by what happened."

Tony had been standing there, looking thoughtful with his hand cupping his chin, until Abby finished talking. Then he shook his head, laughing,. "I'm not going to be scarred by this. I mean, it was just a stupid decision on my part."

"Damn right it was," Gibbs said before Tony could finish his thought. "I thought you were smarter than that, DiNozzo. Not to mention straighter. Goddammit, Tony. If anyone were to find out about this, you could get charged with assault so fast you wouldn't have time to explain yourself."

Tony looked up, his arms crossed over his chest. "I thought this was staying quiet, Gibbs. You threatening me."

Gibbs leaned back, crossing one ankle over his knee. "No. I'm just giving you a heads up in case something like this happens in the future." He raised an eyebrow at Tony, sending him the unspoken message of "Do it again and you won't get help from me."

Tony nodded in response, saying, "Thanks. I assume we're done here?"

"Yep, I suppose we are," Gibbs said, standing. "You two can go back to doing whatever it is you were doing before I got here."

Tony wrinkled his lip. "Thanks, Gibbs, but I think the mood's been sufficiently ruined."

Gibbs smirked. "Never stopped you before."

Tony nodded to himself. "The man has a point."

Abby suddenly jumped up from her spot and ran over to Gibbs, who was standing at the doorway, hand on the doorknob. "No, you're not leaving until you show me you guys have made up."

"I'm not kissing him, Abs," Tony said quickly.

Abby rolled her eyes. "I just wanted you two to shake hands."

"Of course," Tony said, looking diplomatic as he walked to Gibbs, holding out his hand. Gibbs looked at Abby as he took the younger man's hand, shaking it brusquely. He then turned and walked out without so much as a glance back at them.

Tony and Abby watched in silence as the door closed behind Gibbs, expecting him to come back in with some final comment, but the apartment remained unvisited by their former boss.

Tony ran a hand through his hair, chuckling to himself. "Well, wasn't that fun?" He turned to look at Abby and saw that she was crying.

"He's really gone, isn't he?" she asked quietly, her tears slowly tracking down her cheeks.

"No, Abby, he'll be back," Tony said, attempting to reassure her. He walked over to her and brushed some of her tears away. "Come on, Abs. Don't cry. He'll be back." She leaned into him, her tears wetting his chest.

"Yeah, I know," he said after a few minutes of silence. "I'm gonna miss him, too."
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5856