The new guy by Fridayzzz
Summary: you are about to meet the new agent on the team Michael, is he really as good as his file says he is?
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Drama, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: None
Warnings: Dark story, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 3440 Read: 11208 Published: 04/05/2007 Updated: 04/10/2007
Story Notes:
Om my god the swedich girl is back writing stories, but guess what! I have now a spell check program.....Hope I donĀ“t disapiont...

1. The new guy by Fridayzzz

2. A Helping Hand by Fridayzzz

3. Who and Why? by Fridayzzz

4. The Cal To Tony by Fridayzzz

5. Finding The New Guy by Fridayzzz

The new guy by Fridayzzz
Author's Notes:
you are about to meet the new agent on the team Michael, is he really as good as his file says he is?
“Michael you son of an bitch!”
Gibbs scream of pain echoed trough the basement as he slowly started to lose consciousness.
The last thing he herd before he blacked out was the evil laugh of the bastard who put him there.

NCISNCISCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCISNCIS

3 Month earlier
(bullpen)


“Gibbs” he answered his phone in his normal half irritated kind a way.
“OK, be right up.” He stood up, Looking over at Tony who were typing furiously on his computer.
“DiNozzo! Directors office, now!” He commanded as he passed the confused Agent.
Tony stood up, meeting the curious looks from his team mates, he raised his eye brows at Ziva.
“To day DiNozzo!” came Gibbs irritated voice from the top of the stairs.
Tony was quick to react and was soon behind his boss, walking trough the doors of the directors office, The two agents was greeted with an smile from Jen, She made en gesture for the two men to sit down, As Jen expected the two Agents just gave etch other an look and stood still. Shacking her head with a smile playing on her lips, she decided to go on with the reason for this meeting.

“Tony, A year ago, I gave you the opportunity to have your own team, you turned down the offer, promising not to tell Gibbs, I kept my promise, I like to offer the job again, This time with the presents of Gibbs. Now what do you say?”
Gibbs glared at the younger agent, Turned down a promotion? Why? What was he thinking!
Tony stayed silent looking out the window, not wanting to meet Gibbs questioning eyes.
Gibbs smiled, he was proud of Tony, when they first met, Tony were a homicide detective that no one took seriously, not after Tony had shown what he were made of, Gibbs had some serious thoughts about the mans mental state of mind, Tony were going to get him self killed, by being ruthless, so Gibbs took him in “under his wings” so to speak. Six years later he is standing beside him, being offered the same position as him self. Now, how could he not be proud?

“Tony?” Gibbs asked his quiet Agent, “Why did you turn down the offer?”
Tony just glared back at him…
“Boss, you weren’t at top when she gave me the offer, you accidentally called Ziva “Kate“ at some point, and you know what more, the offer was for an team in Puerto Rico!”
“Still is, NCIS need another team down there.” Jen cut in.
“You love Puerto Rico, And don’t consider turning the offer down, I take you there my self if I have to.”
Tony raised his eye brows,
“Well boss, I didn’t realise you wanted me out of here.” Tony told him with an foolish smile.
“Don’t be ridiculous Tony, of course I want you here, you are a damn good agent, and that’s why you should take the offer, you cant work for me for ever you know.” Gibbs pressed.
Tony stretched his arms before answering, “yeah you are probably right boss”
“Its settled then? Tony you are to report in, 2 weeks from Monday, if every thing goes as plan, you will then meet your team” Jen said and finished the meeting.

Out side the directors office, Gibbs and Tony looks down on the teams two remaining agents working their computers.
“you know, someone will have to tell Abby” was the first thing Tony said.
“yeah, and I need to get working on finding a special agent, because I am sure as hell wont promote McGee, he is still so fragile, and Ziva isn’t NCIS” Gibbs said looking at her.
“you are right, its to soon for McGee, and technically Ziva already has the rank as a special agent.” Tony answered Gibbs doubts.
“we should cal ducky and Abby up here , to pronounce your new position, as well as your location. And don’t be an ass just because you have the same rank as me.” Gibbs said with an smile.
This made Tony bust out in laughter, wiping his eyes from tears.
“Didn’t even realise it, but you are right, I have the same freaking rank as you!” calming down he shock his head.
“unbelievable” he two of them said in union walking back down to their desks.

A few minutes later the whole team were there, palmer as well, wondering what Gibbs wanted the whole team to hear.
“Tony has been promoted to team leader, And he gets his own team in two weeks.” Gibbs said facing the others.
“Cool Tony! I am so proud of you Sweetie!” Abby said hugging him.
“Congratulations Anthony!” Ducky said shacking his hand.
“Way to go Agent DiNozzo” Palmer greeted.
Ziva and McGee were stunned, they had not a clue on what to say, so they just smiled at etch other.
“In Puerto Rico.” Tony finished, closing his eyes waiting for Abby’s reaction.
“No! you leaving us?” she said sadly.
“Tony isn’t leaving anyone, he will just be placed some were else, You can always contact him, or else I kick his ass.” Gibbs said to Abby. “Right DiNozzo!?” Gibbs pressed, wile patting Abby on the back.
“Yeah of course Abby, you can always contact me, even though I might not answer al the time, you always know were to find me.” Tony said making eye contact with her.
She looks at him strangely.
“I found the GPS tracker you installed in my watch, thank you very much.” he smiled at her.
Everyone smiled at Abby.
“Come on people we have work to do!” Gibbs said, and every one went back to work.
Gibbs and Tony smiled at etch other before finishing their reports.
End Notes:
Om my god the swedich girl is back writing stories, but guess what! I have now a spell check program.....Hope I donĀ“t disapiont...
A Helping Hand by Fridayzzz
Author's Notes:
Ziva being helpful...
4 weeks later Gibbs were still looking for an replacement, He had called Tony in Puerto Rico a few times to check up on him, so he didn’t get in to any trouble, Tony had told him he liked his new position and he hade a great team that he liked. Gibbs had been pleased when he herd his not only former agent but his friend, talk about his own team and the stories that comes with them.

Gibbs closed his eyes, rubbing his face with his hands.
“you know, I can help you, you look like you are going to fall asleep.” came an helpful voice in front of him. He looked up to see Ziva.
“It’s late David, go home, McGee left an hour ago.” he said ignoring her try to help.
“at least let me look trough a few of those files for you.” she pressed not moving from her spot.
Gibbs gave up, smiling gratefully at her, he gave her 5 of the 15 files on his desk. There were applications from people wanting a job at NCIS, yet Gibbs hadn’t have any luck finding someone fitting for his team.
“anything in particularly I should be looking for?” she said and open her bag to make place for the files.
“Not to green, A cop, since none of you is, like homicide or SVU something like that.” Gibbs said and got ready to go home.
“Not a prob. God night Boss.” she said and walked of to the elevator.
Boss? She never calls me that he thought before he took the files on the desk before leaving.

The next day Ziva came in rather late, well not late, but later than usual. Gibbs were nowhere to be seen and McGee were working on his computer.
He looked up and greeted Ziva before continuing with his work.
“Were is Gibbs?” she asked looking around.
“guess two times David” Gibbs greeted from behind her.
“I only found one, you?” she said coming down to business right away.
“Two, I will be checking them out today. Want to join me? I don’t what to hire someone that you might kill.” Gibbs said and sounded all to nice to be him self, but this far his day were good.
“Yeah sure, don’t we have an case?” Ziva asked before grabbing her gun.
“nope, we are on HOLD until we find another agent.” Gibbs said and took his jacket.
“McGee, finish that bloody report! Then go down to Abby, she need the company.” Gibbs commanded and headed for the elevator.
End Notes:
Thanx for the emails and reviws,
Had a hard time whriting this chapter and the chapters that follows. So dont give up on me yet, when I get tough the first couple of chapters, Then the real fight starts...
Who and Why? by Fridayzzz
Author's Notes:
McGee and Abby wonder who Gibbs will bring back home...
“This is just like Christmas McGee, the thing is we have to wait and see who Gibbs bring back home with him, is it an super agent, or is it a wannabe Tony maybe even one of you, but two geeks on the team wouldn’t fit, because sometimes Gibbs really hates you, and another Ziva would be too much for him because he always have to remind her not to kill everyone that discriminates her or the team. Maybe his a quite, what if he is an hypochondriac? God I really hope Gibbs knows what he is looking for, maybe I should phone Tony and ask him… Wonder what Tony’s team are like…”

McGee just let Abby continue speaking about every thing and nothing, But she was right, He did wonder about the New guy, What if he is just like Tony, that would be terrible, and wonderful, Tony had a great gift of teaching
you stuff, but he sure were annoying, But you cant have it all can you?
Abby were working on five different cases at the time, so she didn’t have a lot time out of the office, but anyway McGee told her he could go out and get her some lunch, she were really busy and appreciated the offer, he told her that he would just check up on ducky before heading out, he wondered if ducky knew something about Gibbs habits when it came to choosing an agent.

Ducky were alone in the morgue when he arrived.
“Ducky” he started, he really didn’t know how to ask the question.
“God morning Timothy, is there something I can help you with?” he asked in his nice grandpa style.
“Gibbs, He is out looking for Tony’s replacement , I just wonder, do we need an replacement? And what kind a guy do you think Gibbs is looking for?” McGee asked and sat down at Ducky’s desk.
“To your first question would I like to say no, you don’t need an replacement, in more than two occasions you’ve been two agents and under one short period it were just Jethro and Anthony, Then Kate came in and saved them. Then you came and you became four agents, then Kate died and you were back to three agents until Ziva showed up. But our director want Gibbs to have an full team, one with each speciality, as you might know Tony were the only cop on the team, now it is required to have an cop of some sort, who is trained like a cop. Neither of you have that training, You might think Ziva has, She know how to get information out of an suspect, that’s standard Mossad Training, but how to speak to a rape victim? How to handle an situation without holding your gun. That my friend is Cop training, and that is what Gibbs is looking for, that were what he went for the last time, That time he found an homicide detective who was about to get him self killed by being ruthless. And that worked out pretty good, didn’t it? The new guy will be a guy from the local police departments around the states, more than that I cant help you.” Ducky answered, and let out an breath. That were an really long explanation but McGee appreciated it and took of looking for some lunch for Abby.
End Notes:
Short chapters for now. Later on when every thing get sorted out the chapters will be longer... Thanx//Friday
The Cal To Tony by Fridayzzz
Author's Notes:
In Batimore Gibbs and Ziva meet up with a Detective Smith, What a Joke!
On their way to Baltimore Gibbs and Ziva had to stop to get some gas for the Sedan,
“We have had several high speed chases to Baltimore, never had we stop to get gas, not once!” Ziva complained and Gibbs just gave her a glare,
“High speed chases? We rarely have those. Oh, you mean when I Command you to pick up an suspect and Tony is to tired to drive so you scare the hell out of him.” Gibbs said and started the sedan.
“I cant help that he gets car sick so easily, but he have no problem when he is the one driving like an maniac.” she said still complaining.
“That might be because he drives on the right side of the road, you know we are not in England.” he reminded her.
“You are defending him! This is the first, but you are defending him! I should cal and tell him that.” Ziva said laughing.
“I…” Gibbs started, he had nothing to say in his defence.
“Why doesn’t I have something to hold against you? I even owe you my life, what the hell is this.” Gibbs said giving up.
“I am to smart for that and you know it. But hey I did fell in love with an suspect once.” She offered.
“So did McGee, well not an suspect an witness, she died, and Tony. You really want to know?” Gibbs asked.
“Yeah, what about Tony?” Ziva said interested.
“The first time…” Gibbs started but Ziva interrupted.
“Wait more than once?” Ziva asked surprised.
“Well, three that I can think of. The first one was the murderer of two marines, she drugged and kidnapped him, We found him later in the drain system. The second one was an guy who became a girl, and the third one was Paula Cassidy, she kicked his as some time later.” Gibbs said and laughed at the memory.
“Oh my god!” Was the only thing Ziva could think of saying.
“Cassidy? Really? She is just so…” Ziva stated.
“She is not like the others because she is the same age as him self?” Gibbs tried.
“Exactly!” Ziva said and let out a breath.
“We are here, we are looking for a detective…. Smith.” Gibbs said and got out.


Down in Puerto Rico Tony was enjoying him self. He was out eating lunch with his new co workers, Agents Jimmy Landes, Sofia Cruise and Mark Roberts. The lab technician was away on a curse, and the ME wasn’t free to get some lunch so the Agents went out for lunch on a Restaurant near the beach, Telling stories, the four Agents had never worked or met each other before, so out for lunch it was, Tony had a really good time when his cell phone stated to ring, every one hold their breath, they wasn’t up for an case after lunch, Tony let out a sigh.
“It is Abby, the Tec I told you about.” Tony said and answered.
“What? He haven’t found anyone yet?” Tony said listening to her ramble about Gibbs was out looking for a new guy.
“Take it easy abs, you know how Gibbs is, he will found a good guy, I am surprised Jen didn’t just placed an agent there.” Tony said calming.
“Oh, you need a cop? That’s another story.” Tony continued.
“Just relax and cal me when he had found someone, I am curios…. Ok, really? That’s so, Well you cant throw paper at her so just temper with her computer, I am sure Ziva will explode…. Yeah… hear from you later? Good, bye abs.” and he ended the cal. His agents just looked at him.
“I was the one that annoyed everyone so they didn’t explode in the field. Just like you Landes.” Tony said with an smile and stood up to pay for the meal.


Back in Baltimore Gibbs had some questions to this Detective Smith. He sat facing him and between them was a desk.
Ziva as on the other side if the squad room drinking coffee, eyeing the detective, he seemed nervous, almost shaking when Gibbs asked the questions.
“So, how long have you been working homicide?” Gibbs asked.
“5 years sir!” He answered just like an soldier. Gibbs had to smile at the respect he got. But the guy seemed like a guy that always go by the records, like McGee but older. Not like Tony who easily bends the rules. Just like him self he might add.
Gibbs knew this guy must have applied to every single Federal Agency in the country, He didn’t need a new Probie.
“and how many years were you working Street before homicide?” Gibbs asked, he knew he would never ever work with someone like him to watch his six. But the question had another purpes, to change the guys attitude toward other people, before Gibbs walked in he was bossing around the younger cops, and now he was sitting almost sweating by the presents of Agent Gibbs, and Gibbs just had this need to make a complete fool out of this guy, so he didn’t continued the harassing after he left.
“6 years Agent Gibbs.” he answered with an Smile.
“11 years in duty. You must been here both when a guy named DiNozzo started and left.” Gibbs said with an discussed voice just to make the guy think Gibbs hated Tony.
“Yeah, he was a real pain in the ass, I cant believe he worked Homicide, He was really stupid, I think he ended up killing him self, He couldn’t handle the job.” He answered the question. Ziva took a step forward but Gibbs stopped her.
“No, no Ziva. This was the answer I wanted to hear. Because now I will tell him exactly what happened to Tony and then we will leave and he will feel like an ass.” He said and smiled at Ziva.
“What about Tony?” The guy asked. “I thought he headed for a burn out and got him self killed.” the guy asked.
“I hired Tony, 6 years ago, Today he is down in Puerto Rico, with his own team, and I am looking for his replacement, I might ask him about you later, But my opinion is that you need to cool down, because most of the cops in here is much smarter than you are, Bye.” Gibbs said and stood up. Leaving the guy stunned.
Out side Ziva bust out laughing.
“How long did you wait to ask that question?” Ziva asked when she had calmed down.
“you saw him your self, such an idiot, I needed to rub something in and used Tony.” Gibbs said and got in the car.
“May I cal him? I need to know about this guy…” Ziva asked.
“Sure, he is probably out for lunch anyway… ” Gibbs answer and drove off.

Tony was surprised to see Ziva on his caller ID before he answered.
He was sitting by his desk when she called so he leaned back.
“Missed me to much, did you?” Tony asked with an smile.
“Don’t go get goat minded.” Ziva answered with an smirk.
“Pig headed, What’s up?” He corrected her.
“What stories can you tell me about detective Smith of the Baltimore PD?” Ziva asked.
“I promise you, if Gibbs hired him, I will so get my but to DC and Gibbs-slap the hell out him.” Tony promised.
“Tony, she has the phone on speaker.” Gibbs said with an smile.
“Oh. Hi Gibbs.”
End Notes:
only this one and Chapter 5 left before I will get down to buisness...
Finding The New Guy by Fridayzzz
Author's Notes:
Only two more people to Inteviw...
The next guy of the three they were to interview, was Zivas pick. A Girl actually.
Sana Mohinder , She was working for SVU in DC. She seemed like an good girl. But yet again, she was a little of an snob. She was a good worker, But to be honest, Gibbs wanted her at SVU she was really good at it, he almost wanted to flag her to the FBI, she was perfect SVU material, He excused him self, and left.
The last guy was a Michael Huntington, He worked homicide in DC.
Both Gibbs and Ziva liked him, he was a guy with a lot of humour, good credits, a warning for a arrest gone wrong, He had tackled the suspect who had broke an rib in the fall.
Gibbs and Ziva agreed with each other.
“Welcome to NCIS” Ziva told Michael before she and Gibbs left.

When they got back to the office, McGee gave them some curious looks, Gibbs left for the directors office. Ziva just smiled at him.
“He reminded me of Tony.” was the only thing she said and started her computer, she still had 4 hours left of her work day. McGee frowned, that wasn’t good enough for an explanation. But with that he went down to Abby to discuss what Ziva might had meant with it.

“Well, he could be good as Tony, Annoying as Tony or as attractive as Tony. I have no idea.” She had answered before Gibbs had called him back up to the office.

“The new guy starts next week. Time to go home.” was all Gibbs said before leaving.
End Notes:
YES! I finally ended the first chapters of this story, I really didn't think that I needed to write all this before I came down to business, anyway I have already thought out the story, so bare with me, you have no idea what I have in plan for our favourite Team of investigators. Or maybe you haveā€¦
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6331