Romanology by the_tenth_muse1
Summary: Gibbs finds Tony just after he's been convicted of a crime he didn't commit. He takes the younger man under his protection and starts looking for a way to clear Tony's name.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, First Time
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 22653 Read: 21806 Published: 10/24/2004 Updated: 12/27/2004
Story Notes:
Romanology is an AU fic of NCIS that takes place in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. It is a potential squick story as it contains the following: slave!fic, D/s, violence, blood-play, rough m/m sex, non-con, and mentions of castration with the potential for actual castration in the future. If any of the above squicks you, DO NOT go any further! Don't say I didn't warn you in some flaming email, either, because I did! So there!

1. Innocent by the_tenth_muse1

2. Deeper by the_tenth_muse1

3. End Game by the_tenth_muse1

Innocent by the_tenth_muse1
Author's Notes:
Gibbs finds Tony just after he's been convicted of a crime he didn't commit. He takes the younger man under his protection and starts looking for a way to clear Tony's name.

Jethro's attention was caught by a commotion at the other end of the courthouse corridor. Turning, he saw a melee of guards and cops and arched a curious eyebrow as he watched them not-quite fighting, but definitely heading on their way for a serious confrontation. Wondering what could cause something like that, he strode down the hall, reaching them in less than a minute, but hanging back to watch.

There were three cops, four guards, and a convict at the center of it. The cops were pissed and afraid, but Jethro saw that they weren't scared for themselves, they were worried about the convict for some reason. The courthouse guards, of course, were belligerent, and surrounded the convict with defiance and anger.

"Get out of the way, Detective!" the lead guard ordered.

One of the cops spat, "Not a chance! You're not bringing him back there!"

"He's been rightfully convicted in aÖ"

"It's a fucking mockery!" a second cop burst out. "You can't bring him back there when he's innocent! I mean, fucking look at him! They're going to kill him in there this time!"

And that's when Jethro really looked at the convict. Young, probably late twenties or early thirties, short brown hair in the standard buzz cut for convicts, huddled in on himself making him seem smaller than his probable six foot. He couldn't see much of the face as it was aimed at the floor, but something about him was calling at Jethro to intervene. Some kind ofÖfragility and despair.

He abruptly knew that the cop was right; if this young man went back into the Pens, he'd be dead this time. The fact that he'd been sent into the regular Pens instead of those reserved for disgraced cops or military told Jethro that there'd either been a serious mix-up, or someone didn't want the young man to live, or his crimes were so bad that he deserved what happened to cops in that environment.

Going on the instincts that hadn't failed him more than a handful of times in a lifetime of danger and military service, Jethro stepped forward, walking towards the center of the conflict. The men and women surrounding the group instantly stepped aside on seeing his rank, some of them blanching as they did so.

Gunny's weren't, after all, to be fucked with.

"What's going on here?" he asked quietly.

There was silence as the six men and one woman took in his rank and someone tried to come up with an explanation. The convict's eyes flickered up to meet his and Jethro caught a flash of blue and incredible pain in the too-brief glance. His mind reeled under the onslaught, even though it had only lasted, maybe, three seconds, but he kept the cold expression in place.

Keeping his tone stern, but quiet, Jethro stated, "If someone doesn't start talking in about three seconds, I'll be calling in my guard and all of you will be facing an Inquiry."

"Tony's innocent!" the woman burst out. "He's been railroaded and set-up, given an incompetent lawyer on purpose, and they put him in the Common Pens through the entire trial! He's a cop, for fu, uh, Gods' sake, and you know what's happened to him there! Please, Sir, please intervene! Please don't let them take him back there! Help him!"

Jethro's gaze returned to the convict, but those blue eyes were staring at the floor. "Has he been convicted in a Court of Law?"

Reluctant, the woman admitted, "Yes."

Nodding slowly, Jethro continued to look the young man over and then glanced at the woman. She met his gaze without fear or duplicity, just sincere worry for what would happen to the convict, Tony. Shifting his gaze to the head guard, he stated, "This man now belongs to me. Send the paperwork to my office at NCIS. Gunnery Sergeant Leroy Jethro Gibbs."

There was no protest, naturally, just a nod from the guard and, "Yes, Sir."

Jethro scanned the area and snapped, "Dismissed!"

The crowd instantly dispersed, leaving him alone with the guard and the convict. The guard asked, "Did you want some assistance Sir?"

"Do I look like I need it?" Jethro questioned.

Flushing, the man bowed quickly before taking off.

Jethro snorted and turned his attention to the convict. "Let's go."

From the pained way that the young man moved as he fell into step with him, Jethro knew that there had definitely been beatings and rapes in the Pens. The long legs held him up all right, but there were tremors in the bound hands, elegant but scraped fingers clutching his own shirt to keep steady.

When they reached the military vehicle outside at the curb, Jethro was interested to note that there was no hesitation from Tony. The young man simply climbed onto the backseat of the truck as best he could and buckled up. The military personnel weren't even looked at and Jethro's lips pursed thoughtfully at the idea that Tony was more than glad to be with military now. Military was completely seperate from civilian law, a world unto itself, and the slave didn't have to worry about the same lacking when it came to codes of conduct; especially not with a Gunny.

Nodding to the corporal who was driving, Jethro sat beside Tony and settled in as the hummer left the curb. There was only silence in the truck, no one saying anything. Through his peripheral vision, Jethro saw Tony sneaking looks at him every so often on the drive back to the office, and almost grinned. He knew what the young man would see: a hard, unyielding, career military man with salt-n-pepper hair and pale blue eyes.

Arriving at the office, Jethro nodded to the corporal and climbed out of the truck. He walked around the vehicle to Tony's side, noting how the young man's eyes remained on the pavement as he waited. He was sure it wasn't a natural behavior, that it had been beaten into him in the Pens by the other slaves. Even if this man wasn't truly innocent, and Jethro already had a strong, gut feeling that he was, what had happened to him was a horror that no one should have to face.

Jethro walked inside, keeping his pace slower than usual, but not so slow as to arouse suspicion from Tony that he was taking it easy on him. It took forever to get through security with a slave who was a convicted felon, but Jethro knew it was standard security procedures and didn't take offense or get upset. During the process, he discovered that his new slave was named Tony DiNozzo and was thirty-two years old. The rest of his records hadn't yet arrived. But with Jethro's position and power, that was dealt with and finally, Tony had a Visitor's badge and an electronic bracelet to keep tabs on him within the building, and they were ready to go. Once inside the office, Jethro motioned to the empty desk beside his and ordered, "Sit and don't touch anything."

Tony remained silent, but nodded and did as he was told.

Going to his own desk a few feet away, Jethro picked up the phone and dialed Ducky's extension.

"Dr. Mallard speaking."

"Ducky, I need you to meet me in Conference Room 101B," Jethro said without preamble. "Bring your medical gear and your camera."

"Do we have a dead body on the premises?" Ducky questioned, curiosity obvious in his tone.

Jethro sighed. "Nope. Just a potential crime scene."

"I'll be there momentarily."

Jethro saw Kate coming their way, eyeing Tony like a bug, answered absently, "Thanks, Duck," and hung up. He got her attention with, "Kate. Come here for a minute."

Kate detoured away from Tony to him, as intended, and stopped in front of his desk. Crossing her arms over her chest, she demanded, "What is someone like that doing here?"

"His name is Tony DiNozzo, and you will address him by name, Agent Todd," Jethro stated, maintaining eye contact.

Backing down, though clearly unhappy about it, Kate repeated, "What's he doing here?"

"He's temporarily my slave."

"Temporarily?"

"I think he's innocent of the crime he's been convicted of."

"Which is?"

"I don't know yet."

Kate stared at him blankly for a moment, then shook her head. "You know, that doesn't even surprise me. He's not military, though, so there's no jurisdiction."

"I know," Jethro agreed. "Which is why you're going to use your civilian contacts to find out everything about his case. Once we figure out what's really going on, we'll figure out where to go from there."

"All right," Kate agreed, plainly unconvinced as she walked away.

Looking over at Tony, Jethro found him in the exact same position he'd been left in; sitting gingerly on the edge of his seat, not putting his full weight down on the chair for obvious reasons. Sighing faintly, Jethro stood and walked over to him, ordering, "Let's go, DiNozzo."

Surprise laced the handsome features at the use of his last name and Tony slowly got to his feet, using the desk for support. Figuring that the young man probably wasn't going to make it much further on his own, Jethro carefully put his arm around Tony's waist and said softly, "Lean on me, Tony. It's going to be okay, I promise."

Those heartbreaking eyes met his again and even though Tony didn't answer, just the faintest gleam of hope began to surface.

Smiling in response, Jethro guided him towards the conference room where Ducky would be waiting. This time he did move at Tony's pace, which was getting slower and weaker by the minute. When they arrived in the conference room, the young man stiffened on seeing Ducky and his equipment on the conference table, but still didn't speak. Jethro was starting to worry that perhaps the young man's tongue had been cut out and asked, "Can you talk?"

"Damaged chords," Tony whispered.

Probably from too much screaming, Jethro thought, grim. Aloud, he said, "That's fine, just making sure there's still a tongue in your head, civil or not."

That actually provoked a brief smile and Jethro relaxed. Perhaps Tony wasn't broken after all, just really damaged, like his voice. Settling Tony against the table, Jethro introduced, "Dr. Mallard, this is Tony DiNozzo. Tony, this is Ducky, and he's a very good, close friend of mine, as well as a doctor. I want him to examine you and take some pictures of your condition to document the extent of your injuries. That's why we're here, because there aren't any video cameras and this room is private. Is that all right?"

Though unhappiness practically radiated from Tony, he nodded acceptance and started to undress.

Meeting Ducky's gaze, Jethro saw the smoldering outrage there. He knew that Ducky was livid at Tony's condition, even knowing that the young man was a felon. Ducky was an abolitionist and would no doubt use these pictures and Tony's situation, with Tony's permission of course, to help their cause.

When Tony was nude, it was all Jethro could do to keep himself in check at the massive bruising and ugly, half-healed scabs all over the young man's body. There were whip marks across the back, a lot of them fresh, and the pattern of bruising on the ass showed the evidence of brutal and repeated rapes.

Keeping his expression schooled to show only encouragement, he helped Tony away from the table and supported him as Ducky took pictures. The Englishman was thin-lipped with fury at the brutality Tony had suffered, but didn't make any comments as he worked. And then Jethro had to step away so Ducky could perform an actual examination. Thinking that perhaps Tony would prefer privacy, he said, "I'll go do some paperwork while you finish up in here, Ducky."

"No! Please!" Tony rasped loudly.

Jethro almost flinched at the horrible, gravely quality to the young man's voice and instinctively knew that the damage done to his vocal chords was permanent. Seeing the panic in the blue eyes, Jethro assured him, "It's okay, Tony, I won't go if you don't want me to. I'll stay here. I just thought you'd want to have some privacy."

Shaking his head, Tony begged, "Please stay, please don't go!"

"Hey, it's okay, I'll stay. Rest your voice," Jethro assured him.

Ducky got to work once Tony settled down again, going slowly and carefully so as not to frighten him with any sudden moves. He kept up a soft, soothing monologue, telling Tony what he was doing and what to expect, just as he would with any rape victim. Jethro watched and waited, unable to do anything to help during the hour-long exam.

Seeing that Tony's legs were shaking by the end of it, Jethro said, "Hang on, DiNozzo, let me help you get dressed. Don't want you keeling over and adding to the injury list."

The gratefulness flashed his way could have been for the offer, but Jethro suspected it was because of the continued use of his last name. It took several minutes to get him back in the prison jumpsuit and then he put his arm around Tony's waist again for support. To Ducky, he said, "I'm going to take him home, get him into a shower and then to bed."

"That's perfect. I'll call in a prescription for antibiotics to help with the fever, but give him 1200 mg of whatever pain reliever you've got on hand at home in the meantime," Ducky instructed.

"Will do, Duck, thanks."

"Take care of him, Jethro."

"Oh I will."

Ducky nodded and started gathering up his equipment.

"All right, DiNozzo, let's get you home."

Tony leaned heavily on him and nodded, resting his head on Jethro's shoulder as they started walking.

* * * *

It took some doing, but Jethro managed to get Tony from the car into the house, aiming straight for the master bedroom as he said, "I think we can skip the shower in favor of you getting some sleep."

"Thanks," Tony whispered.

Jethro nodded and helped him over to the bed. Once there, he started undoing the jumpsuit and Tony stiffened. Meeting the young man's gaze, Jethro said clearly, "I know what happened to you and you never have to worry about that again. You're safe with me, Tony, I swear it."

Tony held his gaze for a long moment, then visibly relaxed. Taking that as a sign to keep going, Jethro unzipped the jumpsuit and helped him out of it. When Tony was crashed out on the bed, he ordered, "Don't go to sleep yet, I need to get those pain relievers into you."

Nodding wearily, Tony carefully pulled down the covers, clearly intending to get beneath them.

Jethro headed for the master bathroom and grabbed some meds, doling out the appropriate amount and getting a glass of water. Bringing them back, he found Tony on his side and still awake, but barely so, his shorn head on the pillow and his eyes blinking rapidly as he struggled to stay conscious. Sitting on the bed beside him, Jethro ordered, "Open your mouth."

When Tony did, Jethro dropped the four pills into it, then supported Tony's head when he brought the water up for him to drink. "All of it, you're dehydrated."

Tony drank the whole glass down and was asleep even before the glass left his lips. Jethro gently lay Tony's head back on the pillow and put the glass on the bedside table. He sighed as he took in the utter exhaustion on the young face and brushed his hand over the soft hair, promising, "I'll find out what went down, Tony, and you'll be free again. I swear it."

* * * *

Sleeping not two feet from the bed on an almost-comfortable chair that he'd brought into the bedroom, Jethro woke at the first hoarse shout of pain and fear. Eyes locking onto the writhing man in the bed, Jethro knew Tony was fighting off his attackers in his dreams and not having any more success there, than in real life.

Unable to take the heartbreaking cries for help, made all the more agonizing to hear because of the damaged voice, Jethro crossed to the bed and sat on it. He caught both flailing hands in his own and said loudly, "Tony! Wake up! It's a nightmare!"

When all that did was cause the young man to struggle violently against him, Jethro stretched out and wrapped his arms and legs around Tony, afraid that the other would hurt himself if it went on much longer. It took several tries to completely restrain Tony, but he did it, and then he just held on, murmuring reassurances into the nearby ear.

Jethro felt it when Tony woke, his body freezing into place within Jethro's arms. Tremors ran through Tony, graduating swiftly to sobs, and Jethro held on through it all, though he relaxed the restraining strength to a comforting one. The tears didn't stop, though the wracking sobs and shudders slowed to silent streams of tears escaping tightly shut lids.

Finally, Tony just lay limp on top of him, utterly spent from the emotion. When that happened, Jethro whispered, "How's a hot shower sound?"

Tony nodded weakly and in a few minutes, they had him in the bathroom and Jethro had started the water. Looking at the other man, he asked easily, "You need any help in here?"

"Why?"

Jethro half-smiled. "Because you still look like a stiff wind would knock you down."

Shaking his head impatiently, Tony questioned, "Why are you helping me?"

Not something that Jethro could rightly explain to himself, let alone to the man he was helping. After a few seconds, he said honestly, "Because it's the right thing to do."

Tony stared at him for a long moment, then a half-smile creased his bruised, swollen lips and he replied, "You're a Gunny, all right."

Laughing, relieved at the dry observation, Jethro ordered, "Shower. Now. Before you fall over. Do you need help?"

A shy nod prompted Jethro to start stripping and soon they were both under the hot water. Tony leaned against him, groaning in pained pleasure at the firm spray of water hitting him, though Jethro shielded him from most of it, to start. Firmly locking away his responses to the muscled, slick body against his, Jethro washed away the dirt and sweat and fear from Tony's body. He took his time working through the short hair, washing it a few times with a scalp massage thrown in and feeling Tony relax even further against him by the time he was done.

He moved them back under the spray, rinsing the other man, then turned the faucet off. Helping Tony from the tub, he dried them both off and ushered Tony back towards the bed. Once there, he asked neutrally, "You want some company? Maybe it'll help with the nightmares."

His brief reserve of strength used up, Tony nodded and climbed back under the covers, rolling onto his side with a hiss of pain. Jethro settled beside him, putting his arm around Tony's waist as he spooned up from behind and supported the battered body with his own. Cautious, he asked, "This okay?"

Tony nodded, mumbling, "Really okay."

Jethro didn't even try to figure out his responses to this man who had so easily gotten under his skin and through his barriers. He just sighed deeply in contentment and closed his eyes as he hooked a leg between the longer set.

* * * *

Tony tensed at the feel of someone lying directly behind him, their bodies touching along all points and a leg thrust between his. He felt the semi-hard cock against his ass and swallowed in nearly unreasoning fear, but forced himself to remain still. It was more than enough to restart the pounding headache, but his newly honed instincts for self-preservation told him not to move. He had a newfound appreciation for the mice who played dead when an owl dove at them.

"Easy now, it's just me, remember?"

The soft voice at his ear sent a flood of memory thought him from his final courthouse date, to the Gunny's intervention, to the examination, to his breakdown in the early morning hours.

"Waking up like this, my body's SOP is to be relaxed and ready for action, but I'm not going to do anything. You're safe with me, Tony."

Breathing out shakily, Tony nodded, not trusting what was left of his voice not to crack.

A strong hand rubbed soothingly over his arm and the older man said, "How does breakfast sound? Good?"

Tony nodded again and they disentangled themselves. Though he felt better than he had since the beginning of the nightmare, Tony knew he was far from full-strength. His body was going to need time to heal and recover, and he wasn't at all sure that his psyche ever would. If only he'd met the Gunny three months ago when all of this had started. He was sure that this man would never have let the travesty of a trial go on, and he'd sure as hell have made certain that Tony was kept separate from the general slave population.

Shuddering at the wave of bad memories that threatened to overwhelm him, Tony forced them back and accepted the robe held out to him, wincing as he tied it in place. The Gunny dressed in sweats and a t-shirt, then led him out of the bedroom, a supporting hand under his arm, to the kitchen at the end of the hall.

He sat carefully in one of the chairs and just watched the other man move easily around the kitchen, preparing eggs and bacon and toast, pouring juice, and setting the table without saying a word. It was a comfortable silence, though, and Tony had the feeling that the Gunny didn't say anything without due cause. That silence had been a way of life with the other for a long time. Personally, with the current state of his voice, it was something he could get behind.

Tucking into his food with gusto, Tony savored the scrambled eggs and bacon as if it was the best meal he'd ever eaten; which was pretty close to the truth. He was safe again, he was with someone who would look out for him, who would protect him from both the system and those who abused it.

Gunnies were a breed apart with the power to back up their unusual position in the military system. It had started a few hundred years ago, when the Empire had extended to the Americas in a fit of colonialism. There had been so many battles here in the Americas, and most of the military had been decimated by the local population, who had been more than ready to fight back. Gunnies had taken control and whipped the militias into shape, pretty much ignoring the ineffectual commanders, and reverting to the Imperial tactics of ancient Rome. It had worked, too, and not only had the Americas been conquered, it had elevated the rank of Gunny to a near-idyllic level.

Technically a mid-level rank, Gunnery Sergeant was a mark of respect and achieving it gave one far more power than those with superior rank. Gunnies were, almost to a one, obsessively honorable, strictly adhering to a moral code of conduct that was above and beyond any other. It was almost a brotherhood within the military and once within their ranks, a Gunny was nigh untouchable.

"So you want to tell me what happened?"

Thankfully, Tony was done eating and didn't have to worry about losing his appetite. Deciding to answer the question as to the beginning of the insanity, Tony whispered, "I was a Maryland cop, undercover vice. I caught a Senator dealing X to underage kids at a rave. I didn't know it was him at the time, so I didn't file a specific report, I just made a note of a new dealer in my log and started investigating."

The Gunny grimaced. "I bet that went over well."

Shrugging, Tony answered, "I didn't tell anyone, once I found out who he was. I built a case on my own. Audio and visual surveillance, locations and dates, witness lists, everything. He's dirty, dirty as they come, and does more than just deal in X to underage kids. I wanted him to come down hard, even though I knew there wouldn't be any jail time. I was hoping he'd kill himself to obviate the shame to his family."

"That didn't happen," the Gunny observed.

"Found myself accused of graft and corruption before I could bring anyone in on it," Tony confirmed. He remembered the anger and bewilderment when he'd first been charged with a sense of detachment. Being innocent, Tony had firmly believed that he'd get everything cleared up without any trouble at all. "Never even connected it to the bastard. I was too caught up in what was happening to have any time to think or plan, to do more than just react."

"Which was what he intended."

"Yeah, I know that now. I was assigned a lawyer fresh out of business law school."

"Damn."

Tony snorted. "Yeah. The kid didn't know what hit him. And I don't blame him, he just didn't have a clue."

"You couldn't afford your own lawyer?"

Tone wry, Tony reminded, "Once accused of corruption, everything else is suspect. All actions taken by the accused are presumed guilty and duplicitous, up to and including choice of representation."

The Gunny sighed. "No one would touch you."

"With a hundred-foot pole," Tony agreed wryly. He paused to take a drink, his throat sore from the use. "Didn't matter how many cops stood up for me, once I was accused, the system took over."

"The system that was supposed to keep you separate from the common Pens," the Gunny observed, a hint of anger in the pale blue eyes. "I presume that was fixed."

Trying not to think of anything that had happened there, Tony jerked a nod at him and continued, "My partner was lucky not to be under suspicion herself, but she still fought for me. Fought to get me out of there, even sold her car and mortgaged her house to get bond. A lot of other cops added to the fund, but there was no bail allowed, so I was sent down."

They were both silent for a few minutes, then the Gunny started clearing the table, obviously thinking over his words. Tony sighed and relaxed as best he could into the hard chair, shifting so there was no direct pressure on his ass. He carefully kept his mind blank as to the cause for his current state, not willing to revisit his time in the Pens outside of nightmares.

"Where's the evidence?"

Though he wasn't expecting that particular question, Tony answered, "My partner has it. I didn't trust any safe deposit box I had since they could get into any of my effects without even a court order."

Nodding, the other man continued to wash and rinse the plates, then the cookware, until the kitchen was tidied up and back to its original condition. Leaning against the counter, the Gunny faced him again and said, "I need to pick up your prescriptions and check in with the office. Will you be all right here by yourself?"

Tony wavered at the thought of not being directly within the Gunny's line of sight, but nodded and said, "Sure. I um, I'll just get some more sleep, is all."

"It'll probably be a few hours before I can get back," he warned seriously.

Swallowing nervously at the thought that he'd be by himself for so long, even in the Gunny's own home, Tony nonetheless nodded again and said, "I'll just have to deal."

The Gunny's lips twitched, but didn't quite make a smile as he replied, "You don't have to prove anything to me, DiNozzo. I can work from home and have the prescription delivered if that will make you more comfortable."

Relieved at the firm tone and lack of judgment in the other's gaze, Tony relinquished his brief attempt at bravery and admitted, "I'd rather not be by myself right now."

"Then you won't be," the Gunny said simply. "Now then. Let's get you some more pain meds and back into bed."

"Can I, will you be working out here?" Tony dared to ask.

"You want to sack out on the couch?"

"If, if that's all right."

"Yeah, Tony, it's fine."

So they got him settled on the comfortable leather sofa and the Gunny brought out a laptop and started working. It was a comfortably domestic scene and Tony relaxed as he listened to the other man talking on the phone with coworkers and the pharmacy and typing on the computer. From his observations, he discovered that the Gunny was frequently impatient, didn't suffer fools, and expected a lot from his people; all requisite personality traits of a Gunny, so no surprise there. He tensed when the doorbell rang, even though he knew it was probably only the prescription delivery.

The Gunny met his gaze and smiled at him briefly, assuring him, "I've got it."

He watched the other man cross the room, taking in the strong, graceful walk with something like hunger. He remembered how it had felt to be wrapped up in the other man's arms and how great it had been to surrender himself and his emotions to the Gunny's care-taking. He would never be glad that this had happened, never ever, but at least something good had come of it. Tony knew, somehow, that this man was important to his future.

Perhaps the Gods had deemed them Fated to meet, and when they hadn't, decided to take matters into their own hands. Everyone knew how capricious they were.

To his surprise, he heard the same voice of the woman from NCIS and stiffened instinctively. He remembered her contemptuous eyes and cool voice, as well as the near-disrespect in her voice as she'd addressed the Gunny and forced himself to sit up and then stand, tightening the belt and shifting the robe almost defensively around himself. He didn't want to be in any kind of vulnerable position when she was around.

The Gunny returned with the woman, took one look at him and snapped, "Sit down before you fall down!"

Tony instantly sat down, his eyes dropping instinctively to the floor. He heard a gusty sigh and then the Gunny was sitting beside him. A hand lightly gripped his knee and the older man apologized, "Sorry, Tony, I just don't want you hurting yourself, all right?"

Hesitant, Tony looked up and was relieved to see worry, not repressed anger, in the blue eyes staring back at him. He nodded and whispered, "S'okay."

"It's not, but we'll deal with it later," the other answered. "For now, introductions. Tony DiNozzo, this is Special Agent Kate Todd, she's one of my agents and you can trust her."

And if the Gunny said it was so, it was so. Tony nodded and offered her a brief smile.

"Hey, Tony, I'm sorry about yesterday," Kate offered, dark eyes also sincere. "I reacted to your status, not you. A potential threat let inside the office, you know?"

Tony nodded acceptance.

Sitting in the chair opposite the couch, Kate pulled a thick file out of her bag and offered it to the Gunny with, "Here's what I've dug up so far, Gibbs. It's not exactly light reading material, but the gist of it is a trial that took place in a kangaroo court. DiNozzo here is as clean as his fellow cops kept insisting. I don't understand why this ever even happened with so many cops protesting the whole thing. He's got a lot of friends, even now. And I have no idea why there was a media blackout."

Gibbs. It was good to finally know what the Gunny's name was, even if only partially. Tony relaxed into the sideways embrace the older man offered when he slid an arm around Tony's waist. Sighing, Tony rested his head on the nearby shoulder and curled inwards towards Gibbs, enjoying the gentle stroking of fingers over his hip.

"Tony was investigating a Senator who was dealing X to kids and doing other not-so nice things to them, too," Gibbs informed her.

Kate's breath hissed out in surprise. "That would do it. I kept seeing some invisible hand there, but I couldn't figure out who it belonged to."

"Tony, what's your partner's name? I want to get that evidence from her before something conveniently happens to her, as well," Gibbs said.

"Melinda Richards," Tony rasped. "She lives in Georgetown with her family."

Looking distinctly uneasy at the quality of his voice, Kate stated, "I'll go pay her a visit, tell her I work with you and we're going to clear Tony of all this crap."

Gibbs nodded and agreed, "Do it when you leave here. And offer her my protection, too. I want her and her family safe from reprisal since she's about the only witness we've got."

"Anything else?"

"Not until after I read whatever's in this file. Check in with me once you have the evidence locked up at NCIS. Make three copies. Give one to Abs, one to Ducky, and log in the originals."

"Got it. I'll talk to you later. See ya, Tony."

Tony waved to her and watched her go before whispering, "You think you can really clear me?"

"Yeah, Tony, I do. And I will. You won't be a slave much longer, I promise."

And then the traitorous thought ran through his mind, What if I want to be your slave for the rest of my life?

* * * *

Jethro was about ready to kill someone, his sense of justice outraged by what had happened to Tony and he was only reading the court transcripts. That Senator wasn't the only one going to go down for this, that was for thrice damned sure. The judge, the D.A., the Pen holder, the arresting officers in IA, all of them were about to feel the swift and violent form of a Gunny's justice.

He glanced over at where Tony was currently sacked out on the sofa, snoring softly and oblivious to the world, thanks to the codeine enhanced pain relievers also in the medicine bag from the pharmacy. He'd silently blessed Ducky's foresight in sending it as well, before ordering Tony to take them, along with the antibiotics for the low-grade fever that hadn't yet abated. Once they'd been washed down with more juice, it had been a trip to the bathroom for the uncomfortable application of antibiotic ointment to treat the internal tears and bruising. Tony had been fire-engine red through the entire thing, not meeting his gaze once as Jethro had applied it.

It hadn't taken long for the drugs to take effect in Tony's weakened body, so Jethro had tucked him back into the sofa, covering him with a couple of blankets despite the perpetual sheen of perspiration from the fever. It wasn't until he'd soothed the young man into sleep, running his fingers through the short hair for a good twenty minutes, that he'd been able to pry himself from Tony's side to go through the material that Kate had dug up.

At the end of the file, Kate had put in some personal notes about Tony's family history and that only added to his anger. Only a day after Tony had been accused, his father had disowned him. There hadn't been any attempt to help the young man; no lawyers, no money, nothing at all. Without the backing of the powerful businessman, Tony had been like a lamb to the slaughter. "Son of a bitch!"

Tony stirred at his exclamation and Jethro waited until he settled before reading more. It didn't look like a close, personal relationship between father and son, even before the disownment, but he still couldn't fathom why the instant rejection. Not even an attempt to see if Tony was innocent like everyone aside from prosecution was saying.

Jethro was eager to meet up with Mr. DiNozzo, Sr., preferably alone in a room with no holds barred.

When Tony stirred again, this time whimpering in distress, Jethro left the file and crossed to him, sitting on the sofa and gently combing his fingers through the short hair. He liked the feel of it, soft and thick, it would be even better when it grew out, Jethro knew.

And therein lay his dilemma. He didn't want to free TonyÖhe wanted to keep Tony as his slave and own him body and soul. Jethro knew that he would never be that selfish, but for the first time in his life, he wanted to be. For the first time, he wanted to chain someone to him, literally and figuratively.

Tony shifted, turning all the way over and curling over Jethro's lap, face only inches from his crotch. Shuddering in vicious lust, Jethro took a deep breath and forced himself not to move a muscleÖaside from the one he had no control over. Then the young man nuzzled closer, his face rubbing over Jethro's thigh. Fingers clenching the sofa, Jethro moaned softly and muttered, "Fuck!"

Moving carefully and slowly so as not to wake Tony, Jethro stood up and strode out of the living room to the bathroom. His cock was rock hard and he unzipped without bothering to close the bathroom door, knowing it wouldn't take long. Gripping his cock, he stroked hard and fast, unable to get the image of Tony so close to his shaft out of his mouth. Just another couple of inches and that cheek would have been rubbing against his cock, not his thigh.

"Oh fuck, Tony, Gods damned, oh, oh shit!" Jethro hissed, cock exploding and coming mostly in the toilet. Shuddering again, Jethro rode through the aftershocks with his eyes closed. Dragging in a ragged breath, he exhaled sharply and groaned, "Gods, Tony, what you're doing to me. Fuck I wish I didn't have to free you."

He started cleaning up.

* * * *

Tony had been afraid that something had happened while he'd been out of it when he woke up to see Gibbs taking off down the hall, so he'd shakily gotten to his feet and followed. Arriving at the hall bathroom just as Jethro had come with Tony's name on his lips. His face had warmed with a strange pleasure at hearing the Gunny not wanting to let him go and he'd turned, not wanting to be discovered eavesdropping, but then he stopped.

They couldn't start with any secrets, that would be wrong. And even if it wasn't, the Gunny would ferret it out in no time flat. Taking a breath, Tony turned back around and pushed the door open, standing just at the door as he called softly, "Master?"

Gibbs froze in the act of zipping his pants up, then canted his head Tony's way and demanded, "What did you call me?"

Swallowing with fear at the cold look in the winter blue eyes, Tony stammered, "M-master. You, you own me."

"Tony, I don't really own you. You're going to be a freeman again in less than forty-eight hours, seventy-two, max," Gibbs corrected, finishing putting himself to rights.

Lowering his eyes to the ground, Tony whispered, "I want you to own me. I'veÖno one's ever wanted me like this before, and it feels strange to me, that I would want it, but I do. I want to wear your Chain and I want you to Claim me. I want to be yours for the rest of my life."

"Tony, you're really mixed up right now," Gibbs said slowly, his voice a lot warmer, sympathy laced through it. "You don't know what you want because of what happened to you in theÖ"

"No!" Tony exclaimed harshly, glaring at the other man. "No! This has nothing to do with that! What, what happened there was, was, was something I didn't think I could get over, maybe I won't, I don't know, but youÖI feel safe with you and for the first time in my life, I think maybe someone could care for me."

Sighing heavily, Gibbs just looked at him for a few minutes. Finally, he stated, "If I own you, it's going to be body and soul, Tony. If I own you and you so much as even look at another man or woman, I will beat you bloody with my own hands and kill them. If I own youÖfuck, Tony, if I own you, you're never going to want for anything in your life ever again. I'll never abandon you and I will never cast you off, no matter what you do. I will never let you go. Never."

Tony's tongue flickered out over suddenly dry lips and he whispered, "I want that. Please, Master, own me. Take me. Use me however you want. Please, don't leave me and don't make me go."

Gibbs was suddenly there, right against him, chest to chest and staring into his eyes as he ordered, "Don't move."

Tony nodded, shivering at the barely repressed ferocity in the other man's eyes.

Nuzzling at his throat, the Gunny licked a brief swath along his collarbone as he opened the robe. One of his hands gripped Tony's cock and he moaned at the contact. It had been so long since someone had touched him with anything other than brutality that he was hard and leaking with only a few tender strokes.

"I'm going to love you, Tony, I'm going to show you that you belong to me, that you're my slave, and I'm going to do it so sweet and so gentle," Gibbs murmured in his ear before taking the lobe between his teeth.

Tony shuddered, his fingers scrabbling uselessly at the tiled wall while he tried desperately not to move, as ordered. When Gibbs traced his tongue down Tony's chest, circumventing the bruises, and didn't stop until he was on his knees, Tony whimpered with need. The Gunny looked up at him, pale eyes fierce with heat now, and then licked up his cock before sucking it into his mouth.

"Oh, please, Master, please," Tony moaned, desperate to come.

He might have lasted a little longer if a sure, knowing finger hadn't rubbed behind his balls, causing him to shout and come right in his new Master's mouth. It was only sheer force of will that kept him upright and staved off the graying of his vision while Gibbs nuzzled at his lax cock and balls, inhaling himÖscenting him, Tony suddenly realized and then moaned again.

The Gunny chuckled, a wicked sound, and got to his feet, sliding an arm around Tony's waist as he ordered, "To bed now."

"Please, the couch if you aren't going to join me?" Tony dared to ask, even leaning so heavily against Gibbs.

An indulgent smile surfaced and Gibbs nodded, kissing him for the first time, possessing his mouth and giving him the taste of his own come. His breath hitched in renewed need at the dominating kiss and his past choices of lovers being in the military suddenly made a lot of sense. He leaned after the other man's mouth when the kiss was broken and opened his eyes at another chuckle.

Smiling, Gibbs tweaked his nose and said, "Come on. Time for sleep, if not to bed. You have a lot of healing to do and I've got work to finish."

Tony didn't protest this time, resting his head on Gibbs' shoulder as they walked back to the sofa. The Gunny again tucked him in, love and caring in every soft touch as the blanket was wrapped around him. Looking up at his Master, Tony whispered, "I want this, Master, please don't leave me, no matter what."

Strong fingers brushed through his hair, soothing him back towards sleep and Gibbs vowed, "I won't, no matter what, my precious slave."

* * * *

"What do you mean, you are keeping him!?" Ducky snapped.

Jethro had known this would be the hardest part, that Ducky would probably lose respect for him over this, but there wasn't any real choice. Grimacing at the phone in his hand, he said, "When we clear Tony of these charges, he's going to remain my slave."

"You can't do this, Jethro!" Ducky exclaimed. "It's immoral and it's taking advantage of a very, very confused young man who thinks that the moon rises and sets on you because you took him from a horrible existence."

How to explain the love and need shining from Tony's eyes? That it wasn't gratitude, though he knew that was there, in part. How could he explain how right it felt to hold the young man through his nightmares and soothe him until he fell into a dreamless sleep? Because that's exactly what had happened the night before, to his surprise. He'd never been very physically affectionate, one of the reasons his marriages had all failed. But with Tony, it was all he could do not to be touching the young man at all times.

"I know you're ticked, but this is a fact," Jethro said at last. "He belongs to me and once he's been cleared and exonerated, Tony wants to sign himself over to me. Ducky, look, I know that this seemsÖhinkyÖfor lack of a better word, but you've never doubted me before. Don't doubt me about this, okay? When he's strong enough, you can have a nice long chat with him, I promise. You can see and judge for yourself. In the meantime, what do you have?"

There was a long silence through which Jethro could feel the older man's glower, but finally Ducky announced, "It seems that young Mr. DiNozzo was quite thorough in his documentation. Abby examined the substances that he sealed up for lab analysis and it's that new version of X that is on the streets now."

Instantly alert, Jethro commented, "So we could have our originator and main dealer in Senator Williams."

"We could indeed," Ducky agreed.

Nodding, Jethro said, "And this technically becomes a matter for the locals at this point, but I don't trust any of them. Can you come here and stay with Tony while I put the team together to take Williams down? And if you do, can I trust you not to harangue him?"

A bit stiffly, Duck replied, "I believe that I can restrain myself, yes."

"Good. I'll see you when you get here."

Hanging up, Jethro moved from the kitchen back into the living room, sitting on the edge of the sofa and gently shaking Tony's shoulder. Bleary eyes opened and Jethro said, "Time for bed, my own. I have to leave to take care of some business, but Ducky's going to be here to keep an eye on you."

Growing alert at the announcement, Tony rasped, "I can't come?"

Jethro brushed fingers over a still-bruised cheek and shook his head. "Official business, so no, not right now."

"Dangerous business?"

The quiet question forced Jethro not to gloss over it. Tony had been a cop, he would know what was involved. "Fortunately, I've got a military squadron going with me, and I doubt even Senator Williams' security is equal to that."

Tony's eyes widened and he struggled to sit up, exclaiming, "You're going after him now!?"

Helping him into the sitting position, Jethro confirmed, "I'm not going to give him the opportunity to get out of this by hurting anyone else. I'll be okay, Tony, you don't have to worry about me."

"I justÖI don't want to be without you right now," Tony admitted, eyes lowering.

"So go to sleep and you won't even notice," Jethro teased, kissing him gently. It all too quickly turned passionate and he groaned against the tempting lips before pulling back. "Ducky's not happy about us, by the way, and I just wanted to warn you that he might try and talk you out of it."

Tony shrugged. "He won't change my mind. Nothing could. I want your chain around my neck as soon as possible. I want to feel part of you around me at all times."

Unable to help himself, he took the pliant, willing mouth again, devouring Tony as if it was his rightÖwhich it really was, he suddenly and truly realized. He pushed Tony down again, not relinquishing the kiss as he straddled the younger man and rubbed their rapidly hardening cocks together. He was only wearing boxers and Tony was still in the robe, which fell aside almost right away. Tony shuddered, his arms gripping Jethro's ass and urging him on.

Jethro jerked hard against Tony, seeing stars as he came a second time in less than an hour, Tony right behind him, splattering his chest with seed. Panting, he had enough sense not to fall on top of the injured man, though he wanted nothing better. Instead, he dropped to the floor and grinned up at Tony, resting his forehead against the arm as the young man collected his own breath.

"Okay. Definitely time for bed. That should speed you on your way."

"Can't move now. You should've done that in the bed."

Laughing at the smart rejoinder, Jethro climbed to his feet and tugged Tony to his, ushering him to the master bath for a quick, but thorough, shower. While there, he reapplied the ointment and was pleased to note that Tony wasn't nearly as mortified this time around. Kissing him swiftly, Jethro ordered, "Into bed. I need to get dressed."

"Can youÖ"

When Tony did flush scarlet again, Jethro prompted, "Can IÖ?"

"Tuck me in again?"

The words were mumbled and Tony stared at the floor.

"Tony, look at me." When the younger man did, Jethro continued, "If you need something, even something as small as this, I want you to ask me. I won't know if you don't tell me what you need. And tucking you in is something that I enjoy too. We'll be feeling out the boundaries on this for a while to come, I've never owned a slave and ours isn't the normal kind of master/slave relationship, so far as I know, but I don't care. So come on, let me tuck you into bed."

Relieved, Tony smiled full-out at him and practically scampered out of the bathroom like a big kid. Bemused, a grin tugging at his own lips, Jethro followed in time to see the young man slide under the covers and roll onto his side, facing Jethro as he approached. Pulling the covers into place, Jethro tucked them under the mattress, good and tight.

Tony sighed happily and whispered, "Thanks. I, I love you, Master."

Leaning in, Jethro pressed his lips to Tony's forehead and whispered back, "I love you too, my own. Now sleep and don't have any nightmares, okay?"

"I'd salute, but I can't move," Tony teased, eyes bright with humor.

With a grin, Jethro bussed another kiss, this time to his nose, and stood. He could feel Tony's eyes on him as he got ready, but ignored them. He needed to be dressed and ready to go the second that Ducky arrived. To that end, he picked up his cell phone and called Kate, leaning against the dresser to see that Tony was at least drowsing, if not all the way asleep.

"Special Agent Todd."

"It's me. Get together the Alpha Unit and be ready to move on Senator Williams the second I arrive at his estate. Ducky's on his way here to watch DiNozzo."

"Got it. See you there."

Hanging up, he returned to the bed and leaned down to comb his fingers through Tony's hair and said softly, "I'm leaving now. Be good for Ducky."

Tony nodded, mumbling something incoherent through a yawn before falling into a true sleep. Smiling down at the little-boy-lost image he presented, Jethro shook his head fondly and left the bedroom and then the house to wait for Ducky outside.

It was only about ten more minutes before Ducky pulled into the driveway. The doctor exited his car with a mild glare aimed Jethro's way and stated, "You and I will have a long chat about this when everything is cleared up, Jethro."

Shrugging, Jethro replied, "Nothing is going to stop me from doing this, Ducky, though I'm sorry if it offends you and understand if you won't be able to work with me from here on out. Right now, I'm late for a bust. Thank you for watching over him while I'm gone. He's asleep in the master bedroom and has had his meds for the night. I'll see you later."

Ducky's disapproving glance followed him into the car, but no more words were exchanged, so Jethro drove down the driveway.

* * * *

The arrest of Senator Lyle Williams was almost anticlimactic, as Jethro had known it would be. The Alpha Unit was one of the best and had been hand picked by him for special investigations that needed more in the way of force than their usual NCIS cases. The Senator was a powerful man, but turned fearful when confronted by a man of equal or higher rank, like Jethro.

"This is for the innocent man you sent into a life of brutality," Jethro stated coldly before driving his knee into the Senator's groin. Crouching beside the gasping, dry-heaving man, he continued softly, "The only reason I'm not feeding you your balls is because I want you to know the same humiliation that he did as you're raped and brutalized in prison. And you will see the inside of one, believe me."

Jethro walked away from the huddled man on the floor, stopping when he heard a choked, "Wait! Please, Gunny, wait!" Turning around, he gave Williams a cold stare and questioned, "What?"

Drawing in a shuddering breath, Williams gasped out, "I, please, if, if you let me end my life, I can give you information that could save Detective DiNozzo's life!"

"Giving you the chance to redeem yourself like that is too easy."

"You have to listen, you have to!"

Lips twisted in a sneer, Jethro countered, "I don't have to do anything. But, if I like what you have to hear, I may let you kill yourself."

Clearing his throat, looking very much like a trapped animal, Williams exclaimed, "DiNozzo's father!"

"What about him?"

"Putting the Detective into the general slave Pens, that was his doing. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy, not even a cop who was going to expose me. He was behind the whole thing and kept the kid there, made sure the other cops couldn't get him transferred! And if he's capable of doing that to his own sonÖ"

Then he's capable of anything, Jethro finished silently. He eyed Williams for a long moment, then stated, "Before I let you off the hook and give you a blade to end your pathetic life, you will write down every supplier and lab location of the new and improved X. If I'm not happy with the list you come up with, you're going to prison, even if I have to jump venues and put you in Leavenworth."

Williams paled further and nodded pathetically, "Thank you, Gunny, thank you!"

"Don't thank me, it sickens me," Jethro snapped, turning and heading for the sentries posted on the door. Quietly, he ordered, "Make sure that he writes that list and doesn't kill himself. I haveÖplansÖfor justice to be served before that happens. Bring him to NCIS when he's done here."

Knowing smirks briefly surfaced on the soldiers' faces at his words. The righteous fury of a Gunny was something to be feared, if you were on the wrong side of it. As soldiers, the ëeye for an eye' code of justice suited the men who served under him, despite it being a Christian doctrine. It assured them that their commander was strong and worthy of respect. Jethro left the study on their salutes.

Internally his rage beat a furious tempo to escape, to find the senior DiNozzo and beat him into a pulp, and then put him through worse than what Tony had gone through. He forced back his wrath, needing a clear head to figure out what he could do to the other man, if anything. Technically, the only crime Tony's father had committed was bribing the Pen keepers, which was nothing for someone like him to beat. Barely a fining offense, really, and there certainly would be no justice for Tony in that.

No, he was going to have to take his time and think this through. He needed to discover the motivation for the elder DiNozzo's actions, why he'd first abandoned his son and then cast him into a living hell. Not to mention making sure he didn't have any further plans for his son now that his old ones were thwarted. In the meantime, he wasn't going to breathe a word of this to Tony, knowing it would only demoralize him further.

Jethro already had his work cut out for him to help the young man recover from what had been done to him, he sure as hell wasn't going to add to it.

* * * *

Tony woke comfortable and at ease, still wrapped snugly in his Master's bed, smelling him all around, which was probably why there'd been no nightmares. Even asleep, he'd felt he older man's presence. Sighing in deep contentment, he grinned happily through a yawn and tugged the blankets out of place, his body's needs making themselves known. Moving around proved to be easier than it had before, his ribs not protesting the motions quite as violently, and he emptied his bladder with relief.

Splashing water on his face, Tony took a long look at himself in the mirror and saw the ugly bruises and cuts still vivid on his face. They didn't really matter, though, because the scars would fade, if not leave completely, and show his worth of being slave to a Gunny. People would look at him months and years down the road and know that the strength he had was a tribute to his Master, and that pleased him.

"Right, you lucky bastard you, let's get a move on," Tony ordered himself, making a face at his reflection.

He knew that Ducky was out in the other part of the house and figured that now was as good a time as any to put in an appearance. He opened the drawer where he'd seen Gibbs pull out boxers and took a pair for himself, humming happily as he did so and then pulled the robe on again.

Limping slowly out of the bedroom, he walked down the hall to the living room where he found Ducky reading a thick book. "Hey."

Ducky looked up at him and smiled, honest welcome in his expression. "Good evening, Anthony, how are you? I must say, you look much better for the last day's rest."

With a nod, Tony lowered himself onto the sofa and agreed, "Feeling a lot better, too, not so much like Death warmed over."

"Always a good thing," Ducky allowed, his gaze merry. "I trust there were no adverse reactions to the medications?"

"None, thanks," Tony assured him.

Ducky nodded, satisfied, and said, "Good, good. You'll want to see your own doctor once this mess is cleared up so he can make sure that you're healing properly."

Which was the perfect opening and Tony decided to take the bull by the horns with, "I will, just as soon as Gibbs has a chance to go with me."

Instantly, worry clouded the older man's gaze, though he didn't respond immediately. Finally, he said, "I do realize that this is none of my business, but I believe that you're making a mistake, Anthony. What you've just gone through wouldÖtraumatizeÖanyone, and it's only natural that you feel gratitude and a deeper sense of security around Jethro. But to sign away the rest of your life to him in return is just, it's wrong!"

"It's not ënone of your business,' since the Gunny said you're close friends," Tony began, hoping to remind the other of that. "But you don't have all the info, either. Before all this happened, I wasÖlost, I guess you could say. My bed partners, men and women, have always been military because their strength and theirÖforce of will, I guess, was more than a match for my own.

"See, I can be pretty careless with myself, not looking before I leap, and taking chances all over the place. It's always driven my partner a little crazy, but there wasn't anything she could do about it, not really. And it wasn't something that I could seem to control. I need limits, I know I do, but I never found anyone who could really give them to me. And now, the GunnyÖhe can and will do whatever it takes to keep me safe, even from myself, and I want that. I want him, and I love him, even though we barely know each other. It's kind of love at first sight, as the saying goes. Never thought it would happen to me, to be honest, but it did. And I want to belong to him, to give him everything of me, not that I think he'd accept anything less," Tony finished wryly.

Ducky sighed heavily, though the worry abated some. "I'm an abolitionist, Anthony, and I believe that slavery in any form is an abomination. I can't pretend to like what you're about to do, not by any stretch, but it's your life and as long as you understand the consequences of your actions, then the choice is, of course, yours to make. I just don't want you to wake up five or even ten years from now and realize that it was a horrible mistake and you want your freedom back. Once Jethro has hold of something he wants, he does not let go."

Smiling, Tony assured him, "I don't know anything about the future except that there will never be a day that I don't want the Gunny as my Master and my lover."

"Well then, I suppose I'd just better get used to the fact," Ducky replied, half-smiling in return. "Now then. I do believe that it's time for your next set of medication and something to eat."

Relieved that he might have made things easier between the two friends, Tony nodded agreeably and said, "Sounds like a plan to me."

* * * *

It wasn't until late the following night that Jethro was able to finally leave NCIS. He'd been in contact with Tony via phone, of course, but that wasn't nearly as satisfying. Ducky and Kate had taken turns keeping an eye on Tony while he was busy sorting out the mess that came from jumping jurisdiction and taking a Senator into custody for arrest.

He worked with the Feds, bypassing the locals altogether, still not trusting the system in place to get the job done. He put the problem of what to do to/with Tony's father on the back burner, to give it the amount of planning and investigation that it deserved. Once he was certain that the judge at Tony's trial had been taken down, and that Williams had suffered an eye for an eye by being given to the Barracks overnight, he breathed a sigh of relaxation and stepped back.

Overseeing Williams' suicide was almost pleasant, seeing the battered and haunted man reach eagerly for the knife that would end his misery and pain. Jethro was tempted to torment him by having him resuscitated, but that would have been unworthy of him.

That taken care of, Jethro worked with the Feds on the information that Williams had provided before his death. When it became apparent that they were ready to run with it, without him, he gracefully withdrew from the planning, happy to be unincluded. When there was finally no more paperwork and he was free, Jethro stopped at a few jewelers on the way home.

It took some searching, but eventually he landed on the perfect Chain; a plain, blunt, white-gold chain with diamond studs set at evenly placed intervals. It would sit handsomely around Tony's neck, enhanced and surrounded by tanned skin. Pleased with his purchase, Jethro waited impatiently for GUNNY'S SLAVE to be engraved on the links. Taking the Chain in its gray velvet box, Jethro headed for home, desperate to have it around Tony's neck and then to take him with it in place.

* * * *

Tony took one look at the Gunny's face when the other man finally got home and nearly melted where he sat. The intensity in those blue eyes was near to overwhelming and his breathing increased just at the sight.

"I am so out of here," Kate announced, standing with a smirk. "See ya, Tony. Have fun, Gibbs."

He didn't even really notice her leaving, he just stood from the sofa and put a hand out to his Master.

Gibbs strode across the living room and ordered harshly, "Turn around."

Shuddering with need, Tony did as ordered and then the Gunny reached in front of him from behind and cold metal touched his skin. As it clicked into place and he felt the heavy links around his throat, he sighed, "Oh, oh damn, Gunny, thank you!"

Teeth bit sharply at his ear and Gibbs hissed, "Mine, Tony, mine forever."

Tony whimpered and leaned back against the other man, weak with need for him.

Strong arms wound about his waist and a hand gripped his cock, twisting almost painfully around him. Biting his ear again, Gibbs demanded, "Where's your lotion?"

The words took a few seconds to penetrate, then Tony replied, "B-bathroom, exactly where you left it."

"Do not move."

Tony took his own weight back, but didn't otherwise move a muscle when Gibbs jogged down the hall to the master bathroom.

It was less than a minute later that he returned, tube in hand. Moving up behind Tony, he commanded softly, "Hold onto the couch."

Licking at dry lips, Tony did so, holding onto the soft leather as he bent forward. Gibbs was still right behind him and yanked down the sweats he'd commandeered from Gibbs' laundry basket. Running possessive hands over his backside, the Gunny pushed the ointment inside again, but there was nothing impersonal to this application. It wouldn't, technically, be a true Claiming, as that occurred without any lubrication, but it would do until he was healed enough to be taken like that.

Something that he was craving.

As it was, the slow, careful pace Gibbs used fast drove Tony out of his mind. He was hard and begging within minutes, but the Gunny didn't quicken one bit. He continued to stretch and lubricate Tony's hole with tormenting tenderness. When, at last, the large cock pushed inside him, he was shaking with the need to be taken. This was just as agonizingly slow and careful, though, and Tony's knees nearly buckled before Gibbs was all the way inside him.

Instead of the wild, forceful Claiming he'd envisioned, this was meticulous and thorough; exactly how Gunny himself was, really. It was much more devastating than anything Tony had ever before experienced. In and out, reaming him gently and making him beg for more, Gibbs possessed him. Tony's already wrecked voice cracked and faded out completely before his Master was done with him.

The Gunny pressed one last time inside him, grinding within as deep as he could and covering Tony completely with arms around waist and chest. Hot seed filled him to overflowing as his Master bit his shoulder, stifling a long, low moan. Moaning and desperate, Tony sobbed for release, hanging onto his sanity and control by a sliver of a thread, fingers white-knuckled on the edge of the sofa.

Then the blessed words were whispered directly into his earÖ "Come, my precious own, come for me."

Tony jerked and twisted in the strong arms holding him tight, orgasm exploding from deep within and taking his consciousness with it.

* * * *

Jethro grunted in surprise when Tony sagged completely in his arms after coming. Snorting in dark amusement, he muttered, "Mental note, no fucking standing up until we've taken the edge off."

After carefully withdrawing from Tony's body, he manhandled the younger man onto the sofa, face down. He checked for any sign of blood and renewed damage, but found none, to his relief. Turning Tony onto his side, Jethro pulled up his pants and settled behind him, again supporting the battered body with his own. He'd just gotten settled when Tony stirred. Nuzzling the back of his slave's neck, Jethro murmured, "Welcome back."

"Oh Gods, I passed out?" Tony groaned, craning his neck around.

Jethro nodded confirmation and said smugly, "You certainly did. Is that something I should know about all of our future encounters?"

The flush deepened, looking very nice on Tony's features, and the younger man shook his head, squirming around so they were face-to-face. A shy look surfaced as Tony met his eyes and admitted, "Never happened before."

Arching an eyebrow at him, Jethro repeated, "Never?"

"Nope."

This time, there was definitely a smirk. "Good to know. How do you feel?"

Tony took a few seconds to think about it, then answered, "Not any worse. Better, actually, because all I feel now, is you, how you were inside me."

Wrapping his arms around Tony, Jethro held him tight and said, "I'm going to be inside you a lot, once you're healed, but for now we have to space it out. I probably shouldn't have risked it, but I needed to Claim you when I put that Chain on you."

"Are you going to solder it?"

"If you want me to."

"Oh yes, please, Master," Tony breathed, closing his eyes as he snuggled in close.

Running a possessive hand down Tony's bare back and flank, Jethro momentarily displaced them to grab the blanket and pull it around them. Once they were resettled, he rested his chin on the top of Tony's head, the other man curled up almost beneath him, their legs tangled and arms wrapped around each other. Tony was asleep in short order, faint snores tickling Jethro's chest hair, and he smiled in contentment never before felt.

It had been less than a week since he'd first seen the other in the Courthouse, but already his life was impossible to picture without him. He would do everything in his considerable power to make sure that Tony was safe and remained his, and if that meant killing the man who'd brought Tony into this world, then so be it.

End Notes:
Romanology is an AU fic of NCIS that takes place in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. It is a potential squick story as it contains the following: slave!fic, D/s, violence, blood-play, rough m/m sex, non-con, and mentions of castration with the potential for actual castration in the future. If any of the above squicks you, DO NOT go any further! Don't say I didn't warn you in some flaming email, either, because I did! So there!
Deeper by the_tenth_muse1
Author's Notes:
Another attack on Tony leads to some disturbing conclusions for Gibbs.

Tony grunted as he was slammed into the wall, his breath rushing out at the force of the impact. It was a struggle to both not react and to breathe, what with the hand gripping his throat tight. He couldn't fight back anymore, that was an option he'd lost when he'd officially and truly become Gibbs' slave. Of course, he hadn't expected to need to fight back, belonging to a Gunny, but then, Marines weren't called Jarheads for no reason, either.

Placating, he began, "Look, guys, I'm sorry if I did something to…"

He was released only long enough for the guy to backhand him. Tony's head rocked with the blow and connected painfully with the wall. The hand returned, squeezing tight around his throat and he gasped, trying to breathe for real this time. A look in the nearly feral brown eyes showed that whatever the problem this marine had with him, it was personal.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing! Let him go!"

Oh thank God, he thought in relief at Kate's exclamation.

The hand was removed and he sagged to the ground, coughing. Delicate but strong hands gripped his shoulder as one of Kate's arms went around him.

"Are you stupid, or just suicidal?" she demanded. "Do you know who this man belongs to? No, let me guess, you can't read the words engraved right on his Chain, right?"

"He started it by mouthing off to me!" the marine answered sullenly.

Tony's head snapped up at that blatant lie and he opened his mouth to protest, but closed it again at Kate's look.

"Fine. Get out of here before I let the Gunny know exactly who was messing with his property," Kate ordered, tone and eyes flinty.

The two marines left, muttering to themselves, and as soon as they did, Tony exclaimed softly, "I didn't do anything, he attacked me for no reason!"

Tilting his chin up, Kate squinted at the bruises Tony could feel forming, and assured him, "I believe you, Tony, but it's your word against his."

Slave against freeman. Right. No chance that he'd be believed. Sighing, Tony nodded and accepted her help to stand.

"How's your head?"

"Throbbing."

"C'mon, let's get some ice before Gibbs sees you."

"I'm still going to bruise."

"I know, but at least I can hide behind the fact that I took care of you as soon as I found you before he tries to kill me for not keeping a better eye on you," Kate said dryly.

* * * *

Jethro took one look at Tony in Ducky's chair and snarled, "What the hell happened?"

"My face met up with the back end of a marine's hand," Tony answered, trying to keep it light.

Piercing blue eyes landed on Tony's throat before Jethro demanded, "And why did someone try to make an impression of your Chain into your skin?"

"No idea," Tony replied honestly. "I still don't know what happened. One second I was bringing Abby's results back to Kate and the next these two marines are slamming me into the wall. I didn't even see them, let alone see it coming."

Furious, Jethro nonetheless kept his touch gentle as he examined the injuries: a swollen lip, faint strangulation marks around the base of the throat, and a slightly glassy look in Tony's eyes that spoke of a mild concussion. He moved Tony's head around until finding the minor goose egg on the back of it, his jaw clenching in barely repressed anger. "Kate…"

"Boss, it's not her fault," Tony instantly interrupted.

Jethro looked him in the eyes and ordered, "Quiet."

Tony's eyes widened, but his mouth remained shut, which was all Jethro wanted. Glancing over at Kate, who stood rigid a short distance away, he said, "I left Tony in your care."

She nodded, unflinching. "And I didn't think the ten minute errand of going to Abby's lab and back to the office would result in him being attacked by two jarheads. When he didn't come back right away, I called Abby, who said he'd picked up the report and already left, and that's when I went looking for him."

Putting a hand on Tony's shoulder, noticing that the younger man was upset by the hard tones, Jethro rubbed the area as he replied, "When I leave Tony in your care, I expect him to be in your sight unless he has to go to the head."

"Understood," she agreed.

"Good. Now, who were these men and why did they attack Tony, do we know?" Jethro asked.

Tony sighed softly under the continuing caress, leaning into it, and relaxing under his touch. Relieved, most likely, that all Kate had received was a stern warning. Hiding a smile at his slave's protective nature, Jethro pulled him closer and Tony rested against him, cheek to Jethro's chest.

"I'd never seen either of them before, but it was definitely personal," Tony said at last. "The guy who was, um, strangling me, he hated me, really hated me."

"Probably why he insisted that Tony started the fight. Technically, that gives him the right to ‘correct,' Tony," Kate put in.

Carding his fingers gently through Tony's hair, restraining the impulse to snarl that he was the only one that got to correct Tony, Jethro stated evenly, "We'll have to check the video feed to find out who they were."

"We can't," Kate announced. "It was in Corridor 114B."

Damn. There were only a few blind spots in the security system, and that was one of them. "Well, I guess it's the old fashioned way, then. Work with Abby to get a sketch done up and then we'll enter it into the database for a match."

"Ah, Gunnery Sergeant Gibbs?"

Jethro automatically moved to stand in front of Tony, shielding him from the newcomer. It was a young man, rounder than was usually found at NCIS but not really overweight, more like a sweet baby-face adding to the innocent expression. "You are?"

"Special Agent Tim McGee. I'm in the ah, technical division," McGee explained, looking nervously around the room.

Impatient, wanting to get Tony home and into bed so he could rest, Jethro demanded, "What is it, Agent McGee?"

"I just, um, I saw what happened. With those marines, I mean. And I heard them tell Agent Todd that your slave started it, but I know that's not true," McGee replied.

Jethro frowned. "Why are you coming forward?"

Shifting uncomfortably, McGee answered, "I don't like abuses of power, any kind, and it's the right thing to do."

Thoughtful, Jethro asked, "Would you be willing to swear to it?"

"Absolutely."

He took in McGee's surprisingly firm countenance for a moment then nodded. "Good. Kate, work with McGee on getting a sketch. I want to get Tony home so he can rest."

"Boss?" Tony asked, hesitant.

Jethro looked back at Tony. "What is it?"

"Can I…I want to help."

Of course he would want to help. Glancing over at Kate and then McGee, he barked, "What are you waiting for? Get to work!"

Both hurriedly left Ducky's office and Kate wisely closed the door behind them.

Softening a little as he turned his attention back onto Tony, Jethro brushed his fingers over the young man's unblemished cheek. There were so many scars for someone Tony's age, both external and internal, that it was a wonder any part of him was still unmarked. Cupping Tony's face, he leaned in and gently kissed his swollen lip. "Ducky told me that you have a mild concussion. The best thing you can do to help is to rest and get back to full strength so you can face these bastards when we find them."

Though he didn't seem all that convinced, the protesting expression faded and Tony sighed his acceptance. Jethro wrapped his arms around his slave and pulled him in close, bending over him to press his lips against Tony's head. Tony's arms slid around Jethro's waist and the younger man relaxed completely against him. "Gods, Tony, you're supposed to be safe here! That's why I keep you with me!"

A chuckle rumbled through Tony as he replied, "And here I thought you couldn't bear to be parted from me."

A short laugh escaped and Jethro pulled back, tweaking Tony's nose. "That too."

* * * *

Curled in his Master's arms and stretched out on the bed, Tony let out a long sigh. Closing his eyes, he relished the feel of being in the Gunny's embrace and said, "I love you, Master."

One hand tightened briefly on his hip as Gibbs kissed his temple. Even though he didn't want to admit it, Tony felt better just resting with his eyes closed. Running around trying to help Kate and that other agent, McGee, would have been really painful and probably shortened his temper to a bad degree. He smiled and thought, Trust my Master to always know what's best for me.

It had been like that since Day One and the intervening three weeks had simply reinforced their bond. The paperwork had been completed the same day that Tony's convict-slave status had been overturned. Tony had been a free man for exactly the thirty seconds it had taken Gibbs to ask, "Are you sure?" and for Tony to finger his Chain and reply, "Positive."

He knew that Gibbs didn't tell him everything, that the older man was preoccupied with something not related to a case at work. But he also knew that if it was important and he needed to know, his Master would tell him. The level of freedom he now enjoyed was intoxicating and suited him to an astonishing degree. He didn't have to worry about anything now, because the Gunny would take care of everything for him. Tony had always been fiercely independent, but now he could see that it had been a sham. He'd been looking for someone to give him boundaries his entire life, and now he had that someone.

And then some.

His chuckle at that thought prompted Gibbs to ask, "What?"

"Nothing. Just thinking," Tony answered, kissing the bare chest. "So what's the next move, once I can stand upright without the urge to fall right back over again?"

"Kate and McGee will have the marines who assaulted you in custody on abuse charges and I'll interrogate them to find out why they attacked you."

"Will they still be breathing after?"

The Gunny pinched Tony's ass and said, "Yes, smartass. I won't guarantee their ability to walk after, but they'll be breathing."

Grinning impudently, even though Gibbs couldn't see the expression in the dark, Tony asked, "And then?"

"And then we'll figure out what to do about it once I know why it happened in the first place. Now close your eyes and get some sleep."

Tony sighed again, but even knowing that he was too keyed up to actually get to sleep, he obediently closed his eyes. A strong hand ghosted down his bare back, eliciting shivers and he murmured, "That's not going to put me to sleep."

The Gunny chuckled and the light caress turned into a firm one as he said, "Roll over."

Turning so he lay on his back, Tony stared up at the dark shape that was his Master and smiled, seeing the handsome features softened by moonlight. It wasn't often that this gentle, caring expression was so open and he memorized every bit of it. The hand returned to his body, this time stoking slowly down his chest, over his abs to grip Tony's cock, already firming with desire.

"Yeah, I can see why you're having trouble sleeping," Gibbs announced, voice laced with quiet amusement.

Tony's groan of pleasure as his shaft was pumped echoed through the air and he turned his head so he could suck on his Master's throat. The Gunny groaned in return and his hand moved faster while his other reached down to play with Tony's balls, rolling them gently around his palm.

"Oh Gods!" Tony exclaimed, arching into the sensation.

"You look so good like this, Tony, so perfect," Gibbs continued softly. "So wanton, sometimes I think I should just keep you in bed, on edge like this, all the time. That's it, Tony, fuck my hand, do it to yourself."

Tony's hips jerked and he thrust into the almost too-tight grip around his cock. He did as ordered and thrust his dick in and out of the tight hole made by his Master's hand.

"Come when you need to, my own. Imaging this is me, imagine you're inside my ass, loving me so hard that I'm crazy with it and…"

Shuddering at the low, hot whisper, Tony's body tensed, his balls drawing tight and he gasped in release as the pictures of taking his Master like that ran through his mind, sending him over the edge with a whimpered, "Master!"

Devastated, Tony just lay there for a few minutes, eyes closed and his heart thundering in his chest. He felt Gibbs slide a leg over his lower body, the hard cock rubbing against Tony's hip and heard, "Lick me clean, my own."

When Gibbs' hand was pressed to his mouth, Tony obeyed instantly without even opening his eyes, licking the hand covered in his own come clean with broad swipes of his tongue. He tiredly held the wrist, turning the hand this way and that, using the tip of his tongue to get between and up the fingers. His Master groaned, undulating against him and pressed sucking kisses all over Tony's chest as he did. Then more wetness spilled over Tony's abs and quiet curses of pleasure filled the air.

Gibbs collapsed on him and Tony smiled, wrapping his arms around his Master. As often happened, the older man was already on his way into sleep after orgasm and Tony nuzzled his throat as he whispered, "Love you, Master, love you so much."

There was a quiet mumble in response and then soft, almost-snores filled the air. Thoroughly content, Tony closed his eyes, knowing he could sleep.

* * * *

Jethro stared at the young man seated across the interrogation room table from him. He didn't ask questions or move in his seat, he just stared. Corporal Will Haskins was a big man, taller than Tony by some four inches and heavier by a good thirty pounds…all of it solid muscle. It would have been child's play for Haskins to throw Tony around even if he had been able to fight back, which of course, he hadn't.

It was almost ten minutes before Haskins finally broke the silence with, "What do you want? Why am I here?"

Jethro drew it out for another minute or so before answering, "Why did you mess with my slave?"

At that, a faint smirk surfaced and Haskins said, "He mouthed off to me."

"Even if I believed that for a second, which I don't, it doesn't answer the question. Why did you mess with my slave?"

"I told you…"

"And I don't believe you," Jethro interrupted, staying cool. Leaning back in his chair, he continued, "You deliberately attacked someone who couldn't fight back. Are you a sadist, a sociopath, or just plain mean?"

"I didn't attack him," Haskins maintained.

Jethro's lips pursed. "I have a witness that says you did."

"Slaves can't testify."

"I'm not talking about the slave, I'm talking about an NCIS agent who saw everything."

"You're bluffing."

"I don't bluff."

Haskins stared at him for a long moment, then shrugged. "Who cares? He's a slave. And it's not like I did any permanent damage."

"From the bruises around his throat, you were planning to do permanent damage," Jethro pointed out.

Haskins shrugged again and didn't answer.

For a long moment, Jethro again just stared at the young man. He knew that there was something more going on here because Haskins and Tony had never met and there was no connection anywhere that Kate or McGee had been able to find. Not even some strange, far-fetched connection like third cousins by marriage who had dated in middle school. Tony had said that this was personal and Jethro believed him, but what kind of personal…well, that was still a mystery.

Opening Haskins' personnel file, Jethro flipped through it before stopping at the review section. "Says here that you do very well on all your exams, physical and intelligence, that you're an exemplary marksman, get high marks in covert training exercises, and you're going to go out for SEALS next year."

"Yeah," Haskins drawled, suspicious.

"I'd hate to see that dream go down the drain."

Haskins' eyes widened only slightly, but Jethro also noticed the nostrils flare and jaw tightening. All minute signs of emotion, but plain enough for him to read, especially combined together. "You can't sabotage that."

"Sure I can, but I wouldn't. No, I was actually thinking about how long it would take you to retrain your body. I doubt that you'd be able to take the extra couple of years, given that you're already on the edge of being too old for the Unit."

Frowning now, Haskins demanded, "What are you talking about?"

"Why did you mess with my slave?" Jethro countered.

Openly exasperated, Haskins replied, "Because I felt like it, okay?"

"You saw that he belongs to a Gunny."

"Yeah, so?"

Jethro shrugged, a careless gesture. "So most people aren't stupid enough to mess with the property of a Gunny, especially not one wearing a Chain like that. Was it personal to me and not the slave? Did I do something to you?"

"No, no I never even seen you before," Haskins admitted.

Assuming a regretful expression, Jethro said, "That's too bad."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm about to."

"What do you mean?"

"Do something to you."

Haskins swallowed nervously. "What're you going to do?"

"Did you know," Jethro began casually. "that men in combat and high stress situations, like men on a SEAL team, actually perform much better after they've been castrated? It's a fact that they're calmer under dangerous circumstances and make better decisions without all that testosterone flying around. They did a study on it a few years ago and there was some talk of making it mandatory, but it never got beyond that. Doesn't change the fact that someone like me, can order someone like you, to get neutered and there's not a damn thing that you can do about it."

Paling rapidly, Haskins' Adam's apple bobbed convulsively and he pleaded, "No! Gunny, please!"

Jethro slammed his hand on the table and snarled, "Why did you attack my slave?"

"Some man grabbed me and said that he was going to kill my girl if I didn't kill the slave!" Haskins exclaimed.

Not surprised by either the capitulation or the explanation, Jethro pulled out a picture of Tony's father and slid it over the table. "That him?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Positive. This guy was younger."

"Can you contact him?"

"No, he said that he'd contact me when he saw the obit."

Taking in the rapid pulse beating a tattoo in the man's throat and the fear in the corporal's eyes, Gibbs' lips twisted in morbid amusement. He stood and picked up the file. "You will work with a tech to put together a sketch of the man. You will be under surveillance and wired at all times for when he makes contact with you. And Corporal…"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Don't bother going out for the SEALS, they don't take cowards."

Miserable, Haskins nodded and slunk down in his chair as Jethro left the interrogation room.

* * * *

"So we put in the obit and see who contacts him," Kate said easily.

Jethro nodded agreement and ordered, "Take care of it. I know that his father's behind the attempt, so we need this guy to get to DiNozzo senior."

Abby was keeping Tony occupied while Gibbs, Kate, and McGee went over what he'd found out from Haskins. The circle of people who knew about Tony's father's involvement in the slave's original downfall had been expanded to include McGee. The young agent had been horrified when told and Jethro had had a brief thought of, No one can be that naïve, or that easy to read. It's an act.

Only, after spending some time with McGee, Jethro knew that it wasn't. He wasn't sure if that was what caused him to like the young man or trust him, but it was as good a place to start. Of course, it didn't hurt that Abby was already putting the moves on McGee. She was no mean judge of character, herself.

"I'll have the announcement in tomorrow morning's paper," Kate confirmed.

McGee piped up, "And I can take care of the, the wiring part of things. That's sort of what I do."

Jethro arched an eyebrow at him. "Sort of?"

"Well, I know how to do it, I just, you know, haven't yet. I mostly do research."

"Research." Jethro repeated, deadpan.

"Important research!" McGee said. "Deadlines, time-crunches, sensitive information. I can handle it, honest!"

Hiding a smile at the young agent's expense, Jethro asked, "Can you hit the bull's eye on the target range?"

"Of course!"

The indignant response almost caused the grin to break through, but Jethro contained it. "Good. Then get to work, both of you!"

McGee hurried off, but Kate lingered, flashing him a grin and observing, "You're such a bastard sometimes, Gibbs."

Smirking, Jethro answered, "I do have a reputation to maintain."

* * * *

Spinning around and around in the chair, Tony felt the dizziness threaten to overwhelm him, but was enjoying the sensation too much to stop. And then someone stopped him by grabbing the chair and he nearly tumbled out of it altogether. The world spun a few more times before he could make out his Master's features and grinned foolishly up at him. "Sorry. I was bored."

"So I see," Gibbs agreed, grinning back at him. "Come on, I have a job for you."

Tony tried to jump up, but when he did, the world spun some more and he staggered right into his Master's arms. Closing his eyes intensified the feeling of dizziness and the arms around him and he burrowed closer.

"Tony? What're you doing?"

"Snuggling."

"Okay. That's what I thought you were doing."

A sharp slap on his ass broke through the comfortable feeling and he jerked upright with a yelp.

Unrepentant, Gibbs informed him, "Snuggling is for personal time, not here on duty."

Tony offered a sloppy salute and replied smartly, "Sir, yes Sir!"

"Come on, smartass, let's get to work."

Pleased at the lingering grin he'd managed to provoke, Tony fell into step with his Master and followed him out of the lab. They passed Abby on her way back, but Gibbs didn't stop, so Tony just gave her a wave and a, "See you later!"

"Rock on, man."

Chuckling, Tony entered the elevator, shaking his head in amusement. As soon as the doors closed and Gibbs did something at the control panel, he found himself plastered against the wall, Gibbs' weight pressing on him full-length. This close up, his Master's eyes were incredibly blue and intoxicating and he gasped, "What happened to personal time only?"

"This isn't snuggling," Gibbs answered, a hand gripping Tony through his pants.

"Oh Gods!"

It was fast and ruthless with his Master's mouth hot and wet on him, dragging his release out within minutes, aided by the fingers that rubbed just behind his balls. Jerking hard as he came, Tony felt all the strength leave him and simply turned when moved. Gibbs had lined up behind him and pushed slowly inside with a slick cock, again making him grateful for a well-prepared Master who could multitask so well. He gasped, "You carry lube around?"

A warm chuckle vibrated right in his ear as Gibbs answered, "Never know when an empty elevator will be handy."

Moaning, Tony spread his legs as best he could, but he was held fast by his pants. It was faster than their usual love making, but still slow enough for Tony to wonder who might be waiting for the elevator. Gibbs moved leisurely, apparently not thinking about that, or probably just caring more about being gentle with Tony. On the last slide into his body, Gibbs remained glued to him, hips jerking into Tony as he filled his slave with seed.

Panting in Tony's ear, Gibbs squeezed him tight and whispered, "Love you, Tony."

Tony smiled in utter contentment and sighed deeply as his Master lazily moved his half-hard cock around inside him. "Mmm…love you too, Master."

After pressing a kiss to the back of Tony's neck, Gibbs withdrew and ordered, "Stay put while I clean you up a bit."

"Mhm," Tony agreed, blitzed on pleasure.

* * * *

It turned out that his Master really did have work for him to do, so when they finally stepped off the elevator, Tony found himself going through file after file of cold cases, checking the paperwork for accuracy in order to package them up to be shipped into storage. Not, normally, something that Gibbs had his people do, but Tony didn't yet have security clearance to work on active cases.

It wasn't until late that night that Gibbs finally called it quits. The office was mostly deserted, except for Kate working at her desk, and she was ordered to leave when they did, though Tony doubted she would. He was sure that they were working on the marine who had attacked him, but since Gibbs hadn't said, Tony wouldn't ask. It would show a lack of faith in his Master to question his actions.

Finally at home and fed, Tony was curled up naked in Gibbs' arms, sprawled over his lap as they watched television. It was a present from Ducky who'd had it delivered a week after Tony had arrived, claiming that Jethro might only wish to watch the Farmer's Almanac, but Tony probably had other shows in mind.

"Long day," Gibbs murmured.

Tony nodded. "Definitely."

"Tomorrow's going to be longer for you."

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good, Tony thought in apprehension. He pulled back a little and asked, "Why?"

Brushing his fingers through Tony's hair, Gibbs informed him, "Someone ordered that Marine to kill you, Tony. He kidnapped the man's girlfriend and threatened to kill her if you weren't killed."

Shocked, Tony exclaimed, "But, but who would do that!? Someone in retaliation for the Senator's downfall? One of his family many?"

"It could be anyone," Gibbs said, regretfully. "You put a lot of people behind bars over the years, Tony, and we're not overlooking any lead."

But there was something in his Master's voice that told Tony the older man knew who was behind the attack. "You know who it is."

"We have a strong lead."

"You know who it is."

Gibbs hesitated, then clarified, "I think I know who it is. I don't want to say anything to you until I know for sure, one way or the other."

Nodding slowly, Tony agreed, "All right. I can understand that. So what are you going to do?"

"Your obituary is going to appear in tomorrow's paper. You'll be staying here in the house with Kate and a Sergeant I know, though I don't expect any trouble. It's just a precaution."

How many times had he said that to a victim that he'd put under witness protection? A wry smile drifted over his lips and he said, "Come on, Boss, I was a cop. I know better."

"Nothing is going to happen to you, Tony," Gibbs stated.

And if the Gunny said it was so, then it was so. Hiding a smile, Tony rested his head again on his Master's shoulder and replied, "How long do you think until you know for sure?"

"I wish I knew," Gibbs admitted. "We'll be waiting for the perp to make contact. Until then, we just keep Haskins under surveillance."

Tony fell silent, knowing there wasn't really anything else to say.

"Come here."

Tony arched an eyebrow at Gibbs and pointed out, "I already am."

Smiling briefly, the other man tugged him upright and then turned him around so that he was straddling and facing Gibbs. Strong hands settled on his hips and Gibbs said, "I'm going to find out who's behind all of this and then we're going to start living our lives for real. Your clearance comes through in ten days, and once that happens, you can work with me for real, not just take up space at the office."

Tony smirked a little and replied, "I thought I was working for real."

"Don't be smart," Gibbs warned, though his tone was warm. His hands slid around and gripped Tony's ass, pulling him in tight. "I can think of much better uses for your mouth."

Taking the not so subtle hint, Tony leaned in and kissed him, soft and sweet. Gibbs took control of the kiss, as he always did, and slowly devoured Tony's mouth. Rocking back and forth on his Master, Tony felt the hard length grow beneath him and his breath hitched in anticipation. Maybe now, finally, he would be Claimed. The gentleness with which his Master always took him was wonderful, but Tony was starting to feel as though Gibbs didn't want to Claim him.

Gibbs broke off the kiss and said, "Wait, we need lube."

"No!" Tony exclaimed angrily, then bit his lip and looked down in consternation. It wasn't his place to deny how his Master took him, but he wanted it so badly.

"Excuse me?"

An embarrassed heat flushed through Tony and he whispered miserably, "Why don't you want to Claim me?"

"Oh Tony, that's not it, my own. Look at me."

Hesitant, Tony did so and found love shining back at him from Gibbs' eyes, as well as passion.

"I wanted to make sure that you were all right, physically and emotionally, before I Claimed you. I didn't want you to…associate it with anything else," Gibbs explained, brushing his fingers over Tony's cheek.

Tony leaned into the caress and promised, "I wouldn't. No matter how rough you might get, Master, I love you and I know that you love me. It has nothing to do with, with That."

Piercing blue eyes stared back at him for a long minute, assessing the truth of his answer, then Gibbs nodded. "All right, then."

Unexpectedly, Gibbs stood, supporting Tony's weight completely as he walked from the living room to the bedroom. Tony wrapped his arms and legs around tight and buried his face against Gibbs' throat, mouthing the skin there. He was lowered carefully to the bed where Gibbs just looked at him for a few minutes, a strange smile on his face. Finally, not sure what was wrong, Tony asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Just admiring the view," Gibbs assured him, a full-out grin surfacing. "On your stomach, Tony."

Tony quickly flipped over, scooting up the bed to rest on the pillows. He heard Gibbs undressing, but didn't turn back to look. The bed dipped with his Master's weight and he gasped in surprise when a warm, wet tongue delved into his hole. Groaning in pleasure, Tony's legs splayed apart and he received an approving chuckle in response. Gibbs shifted from merely exploring to sucking and biting and Tony shuddered at the sensory assault, hands twisting in the bedcovers.

He barely registered it stopping before feeling the tip of his Master's cock at his hole. Gibbs moved in, slow but steady, pushing aside the recently healed flesh with care. It still hurt, tears sparked as Tony was invaded, but it was a pain he wanted. He panted into the pillows as his Master completely possessed him. When the full length was lodged inside him, feeling much larger than it did when it was slick, he lay there trying to adjust.

Gibbs kissed the top of his spine and bit lightly at his ear. "You okay, my own?"

Nodding, Tony gasped, "It hurts, but Gods, please more!"

"You asked for it."

That was a wicked warning if ever Tony had heard one, but he didn't have time to prepare for the nearly instant fucking he got. Gibbs thrust in and out of his body in a hard, driving rhythm, Claiming him in a way that Tony had been daydreaming about for the last three weeks. Since the Chain had been soldered on, fused into one piece that would never come off unless extreme measures were taken.

Tony cried out in need, reaching up to take hold of the headboard as he was ridden without mercy. Part of something deep inside rebelled for a moment, and he flashed back to the time in the Pens where he'd been taken just as mercilessly, but far more brutally. Before he could even form a protest, his Master moaned in pleasure, chanting his name and calling him ‘my own.' It took him out of the memory, reminding Tony where he was…in his Master's bed, being Claimed by the one person who would never knowingly hurt him.

Shuddering, Tony sagged limply against the mattress as he came. This seemed to be some kind of signal, because Gibbs' pace grew harder and faster, the shaft barely leaving his body before humping back inside. Only a few moments later, wet heat filled him and his Master collapsed on top of him, breathing heavy in his ear.

Unable to summon the strength to move, and not wanting to do so anyhow, Tony whispered, "Thank you, Master, thank you."

Gibbs undulated lazily against him, biting his earlobe sharply. The cock was still hard inside Tony's body as Gibbs promised, "Oh, I'm not done yet, Slave."

Tony moaned and spread his legs for more.

* * * *

Kate smirked a little as she watched Tony move gingerly around the living room getting things ready for Gibbs to leave. It was sweet to see him so domestic and homey, especially since he'd obviously been Claimed the night before from the way he was limping. Way past time for that to have happened, in her humble opinion.

Then Gibbs showed up and pulled him into a tight embrace, giving him a deep, lingering kiss that caused her to sigh a little with longing. What she wouldn't give to feel for someone even half of what they did for each other.

Gibbs finally pulled back and slapped Tony on the ass with, "Make sure to get that reading done. I'll be quizzing you when I get home tonight."

"I will, Master," Tony promised, rubbing his backside.

"He won't be out of my sight except to use the head," Kate preempted when Gibbs turned to her.

Gibbs allowed, "I think here in the house, we can let up on that."

"Are you sure? Because I wouldn't want to break one of your rules," Kate needled, smirking.

"Keep it up, Agent Todd."

"Ooh, I'm scared."

Gibbs snorted in amusement and headed for the door, taking the paper and coffee from Tony on the way out, along with another kiss.

Once Gibbs had left, Kate asked curiously, "What reading?"

"Ops manual. My security clearance comes through in nine days, so I'll be ready to take the test and get everything done that very day," Tony explained.

It was a little difficult to picture Tony as anything except Gibbs' slave. She tried envisioning him with a gun and just couldn't do it. A little confused, she questioned, "Are you sure you want to? I mean, I know you were a cop before, but doesn't being even a partial agent make you not want to, um, be a slave?"

Tony smiled and carefully sat on the sofa beside her, unable to stifle the wince as he tried to get comfortable. "It's not something I'll ever want to give up, Kate. Gibbs owns me, heart and soul, control of my body is just an extension of that. Even if I was a freeman, I would still belong to him. It probably doesn't make sense, but that's how I feel."

Kate sighed, envious, and said, "No, I get it. And that's really great, Tony, I think you two are made for each other."

"But…?"

"No buts," she assured him. "I'm just a little jealous."

Humor lit his eyes as Tony teased, "So what about that doctor you've been seeing?"

* * * *

The surveillance van was silent as Jethro waited with McGee for the contact to show up with his hostage. It felt odd not to have Kate at his side, but he'd rather have her with Tony in case something there happened. He didn't know McGee enough to trust Tony with him, and while he trusted Abby and Ducky implicitly, neither of them could defend Tony. It was more likely that Tony would defend them in any kind of dangerous situation.

There were agents in place all around and throughout the warehouse building, waiting for the man to show up. He almost hadn't expected it to happen so fast but, with a live hostage, he probably should have. The kidnapper-attempted-murderer had called Haskins only an hour after the obituary had appeared in the paper, giving him the meet location.

Glancing at his watch, he saw that it was still three minutes before the agreed upon time and wondered if the person was going to be punctual. Haskins paced nervously in the warehouse itself, the cameras clearly picking up his agitated movements.

"We've got movement," McGee announced tersely.

Gibbs looked over at the monitor that showed the outside of the warehouse. An expensive, late-model sedan was approaching the building slowly, and then it entered through the large set of double doors that had been left open. Picking up his walkie-talkie, Gibbs ordered, "If anyone kills this son of a bitch, you'll answer to me. Lethal force is not authorized unless the civilian is in danger. Sound off."

"Team 1, acknowledged."

"Acknowledged, Team 3."

"Understood, Team 2."

"All right. Be ready to move on my mark."

Gibbs watched the monitor closely as the car door opened and a woman was shoved out. She was blindfolded or had tape over her eyes and crawled away from the vehicle blindly. Haskins rushed to her side and scooped her into his arms before running for cover.

"Move in! All teams move in!" Gibbs barked.

The warehouse door clanged shut, cutting off the car's escape route, and Gibbs ran out of the van, McGee only a step behind him. When he got into the warehouse, the agents had two men on the ground, cuffed and ready for transport. Holstering his gun, Gibbs stopped in front of the better dressed man and crouched beside his head. He grabbed the man's hair and yanked his head back to an uncomfortable angle, asking, "So why would you want Tony DiNozzo dead?"

* * * *

Jason Chester, age 30, handsome and thus far privileged in his life, sat in the interrogation chamber as if he hadn't a care in the world. Gibbs knew that the little bastard thought himself above the law because of his lineage, but the young man was in for a rude awakening. He already had permission from Director Morrow to prosecute the man in a Naval venue, since it had been a Marine who'd been coerced into action against an NCIS agent.

He left the viewing room for the interrogation room and sat in the chair opposite Jason. It wasn't going to take half the amount of time to break the kid as it would a military interviewee. There was no benefit of having gone through hours on hours of grilling exercises and screaming drill sergeants, after all, and the self-worth was contingent on his wealth. Take that security away and he'd be begging to give up information.

"When you stand before a military tribune, what are you going to offer as a defense for corrupting and coercing a military officer into actions against a government official?" Gibbs began, almost pleasantly.

Jason frowned. "What are you talking about? You can't try me, I'm not in the military."

"Guess again, Junior. I've already got permission to throw your tender little ass into the brig and let the cons there take as many goes at you as they want. And I will, too. What made you stupid enough to take on a Gunny and think there would be any other outcome?"

Swallowing nervously, Jason didn't answer.

Gibbs arched an eyebrow at him. "If you don't talk now, you won't get another chance until the hearing. Once I walk out that door, any chance you have for a deal is gone. You'll be hauled off to the brig to await a very unspeedy trial because, don't forget, this is the military where things move at half-speed, thanks to the bureaucracy."

"My father will…"

"Have no say in the matter."

"You don't even know…"

"Sure I do. Now ask me if I care. Your name isn't going to protect you, boy, and your money sure as hell isn't, either. Whoever told you they would, was lying through their teeth."

"He'll kill me if I talk!"

Bingo. Less than half the time, Gibbs thought in satisfaction. Not showing any of that, he said, "Quick death now, versus life in a military prison as someone, or more than one someone's, bitch. Which would you rather face?"

Openly scared, Jason leaned on the table and asked desperately, "Can't you do something? If I give you his name, can't you arrest him and use me as a witness?"

Pretending to think it over, Gibbs nodded slowly. "I could. Tell me what you know and I'll tell you if you deserve a deal."

"It's, it's Robert DiNozzo! I don't know the whole story, but Tony pissed him off about something. He's the one that sent Tony to the general Pens and kept him there. He's also the one that paid me to find a way to kill Tony."

"Why?"

"I don't know!"

Gibbs knew the kid wasn't lying, he was too terrified to lie. Nodding slowly, he pushed the pad of paper and pen to Jason and ordered, "Write it all down, in as much detail as you can. I want what happened each time you met, right down to the tie he was wearing, and I'll see what I can do about getting DiNozzo behind bars, or a convict-slave status."

But as he was leaving, Gibbs knew that there still wasn't anything that he could really get DiNozzo on, not with the other man's power and clout. He could buy his way out of both offenses without any trouble. No, what he needed to do was find out exactly why Tony's father wanted him dead. That was the key. He would keep Chester on ice until he found a way to bring DiNozzo down, not trusting that the kid wouldn't bolt the second he was in Witness Protection.

Unfortunately, this meant that he had to talk to Tony directly about his father's involvement about the whole situation and that was something he'd wanted to avoid for as long as possible.

End Notes:
Romanology is an AU fic of NCIS that takes place in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. It is a potential squick story as it contains the following: slave!fic, D/s, violence, blood-play, rough m/m sex, non-con, and mentions of castration with the potential for actual castration in the future. If any of the above squicks you, DO NOT go any further! Don't say I didn't warn you in some flaming email, either, because I did! So there!
End Game by the_tenth_muse1
Author's Notes:
A surprise move on Robert DiNozzo's part separates Gibbs and Tony, but Gibbs is determined not to lose.

Tony was sound asleep on the sofa when Jethro got home and the sight brought a smile to his otherwise scowling face.

In the last week since discovering the hit on Tony, he'd been forced to go nonstop at work and Tony, unfortunately, had been left at home since he was not yet qualified for field work. He was confident that Robert DiNozzo wouldn't make another assassination attempt, now that the first had failed. He would go for something more subtle and less directly traced back to him. There had been days that all Jethro had wanted to do was punch something in frustration, then go home and fuck Tony until they were both limp as wet noodles, but he couldn't do that. Not really.

So he did the job, checking in with Tony on a regular basis to make sure he was all right at home. Kate and McGee backed him up, and Ducky, Gerald, and Abby all did their parts to make sure the case didn't come apart once it left their part of the investigation. As it was, they had a rock-solid case against a group of marines had been smuggling in cocaine and distributing it to a local college population.

Fucking Marines! Jethro thought with the usual burst of fury. Marines of all people, Gods damn it!

If it had been up to him, they'd have been in chains before Jethro had even finished reading their rights, but that wasn't procedure. And, as Tony's case had shown, mistakes could be made and innocent people convicted.

Not by his team, but it happened.

Sighing as he consciously released the tension, as much as possible anyhow, Jethro crossed over to Tony and sat on the coffee table. Just watching his slave sleep, safe and secure in his home was enough to relax him further. By the time Tony yawned and woke on his own, maybe sensing Jethro's presence, it was possible to smile at the younger man and mean it.

Tony smiled back and greeted happily through another yawn, "Master, you're home."

Leaning in, Jethro kissed him gently, his heart filling with love and happiness as Tony returned the kiss so sweetly. Pulling back, Jethro replied, "I certainly am. Anything to eat in this place?"

Tony flashed him a grin and sat up, scrubbing fingers through his hair as he answered, "I ordered pizza tonight and there's a couple of slices left."

"You're going to eat me out of house and home, DiNozzo," Jethro grumped, making sure to smile as he said it. Tony was still sometimes caught not knowing when he was teasing.

Stealing another kiss, Tony hopped to his feet and ordered, "Stay put and I'll fix it for you. Oh! Wait. Here, sit."

Jethro's eyebrows rose as Tony manhandled him carefully onto the sofa, then knelt on the floor and yanked off his shoes and socks. When the foot massage began, he had to groan in pleasure and sank back against the sofa cushions. "Damn, Tony, where did you learn that? On second thought, I don't want to know."

Tony chuckled and said, "Good plan, Boss. Hey, you look wiped. Everything tie up okay?"

"Marines," Jethro answered succinctly. "Fuckin' Marines, Tony."

"I'm sorry, Master."

Sighing, Jethro opened his eyes and saw the sincere sympathy reflected on Tony's expressive face. He managed a smile and cupped Tony's face. "Thanks, Tony."

Tony brought up a foot and kissed the instep, his look of devotion soothing something deep inside Jethro. For a long few moments, they just stared at each other, then Jethro's stomach grumbled and they both laughed. Tony released his feet and stood to jog into the kitchen while Jethro craned his neck to watch.

It was so good to see his lover happy and confident, how he had been before the wrongful conviction, Jethro was sure. He didn't kid himself that it would last beyond the first question about his family history, but it was something Jethro would treasure as much as he could. And even though he really hadn't had the proper time to spend on the investigation into his slave's family and why his father would be out to kill him, Jethro knew it couldn't wait much longer. There was no telling what Tony's father was working on next to get to his son.

Abby had done some research for him in her scant spare time, digging into the DiNozzo family tree to see what could be seen. Turned out that the elder DiNozzo and clan lived in Rhode Island, where Tony had grown up, and owned several lucrative investment firms. New money, though, not the kind that DiNozzo, Sr. had been craving when he'd married Tony's mother. Apparently seeking to marry into nobility and, potentially, Master status of his own, Tony's father had been denied because the grandfather couldn't stand his son-in-law. That had made for some cold family dinners, Jethro was sure.

"You look deep in thought," Tony observed, sitting beside him with a plate of pizza.

Smiling, Jethro nodded and kissed him, lingering long enough to start a different kind of hunger. His stomach rumbled again, though, denying any fun to be had before eating, and he chuckled, pulling back from a smiling kiss. Staring into the changeable, hazel eyes, Jethro murmured, "You're so beautiful, Tony."

As expected, Tony flushed and ducked his head, looking away shyly.

Jethro grinned and nipped playfully at an exposed ear. "I need to eat and then, I really need to have dessert. I'm thinking a little DiNozzo crËme should top me off nicely, don't you?"

Tony groaned and snuggled against him, complaining, "You're so bad with puns, Master. Why do you try?"

"Because it's fun to hear you groan. Reminds me of other noises you make," Jethro teased.

Hiding his face against Jethro's throat, Tony didn't answer. He just put his legs over Jethro's lap, balancing the plate on his own. Jethro's arm went around his waist for support and he used his free hand to eat while Tony used the remote to channel surf. It was a quiet, contented dinner and, once done, Jethro set aside the plate to pull his slave more firmly onto his lap.

They watched television for about an hour, so Jethro could catch up with what was going on in the world. It was so good to hold Tony, to have him rest so trusting against him, drowsing comfortably on his lap. Nuzzling the side of his lover's throat, Jethro licked a light path up to his ear, provoking a shiver from Tony. Grinning, he murmured, "I think I'm all caught up."

Tony cleared his throat and answered breathlessly, "I hope so."

Taking a good look at the younger man, Jethro realized just how much of a strain being on his own had been for Tony. Kissing his cheek, Jethro said, "You did good, baby."

Surprised, Tony asked, "About what?"

"Holding your own this week," Jethro explained. "Not having to worry about you let me focus on the job, which busted seven dirty Marines who never deserved their uniform. I'm very proud of you."

A pleased smile blossomed on Tony's face, even as he hid it against Jethro's shoulder with a muffled, "Thanks, Master."

Chuckling, Jethro swatted him lightly on the rump and ordered, "Up! We have things to do tonight."

Tony stood, but complained, "Like what?"

"Like I've got a neglected boat in the basement and I noticed that the laundry hasn't been doing itself while I was stuck at work," Jethro observed pointedly.

"A neglected boat?" Tony repeated, ignoring the laundry comment. "What are you talking about?"

Smiling, Jethro put his arm around Tony's waist and brought him over to the basement door. He wasn't surprised that Tony hadn't gone exploring on his own. The young man was scrupulously polite when it came to privacy, which led Jethro to wonder if he'd never had any of his own, growing up.

Once downstairs, Tony turned an astonished look on Jethro and demanded, "How the hell are you going to get it out, Master?"

Jethro laughed. "I'll worry about that when I'm done with her."

"Have you named her yet?" Tony questioned eagerly.

Shaking his head, Jethro said, "I'm going to wait until she's done. What I feel about her now, will be different by then. And the wood takes on the hue of the person working it, so she could come out completely different from how I intended."

"But, you've already got the skeleton done," Tony pointed out, confused. "How would she turn out different?"

Jethro hesitated, then explained, "What's on paper and what's in my head, will be different from how she actually looks once she's done. It'sÖhard to explain."

"No, I get it. You've got an image of what she's going to look like, but it's like having an idealized vision of, like, yourself. What you see in the mirror doesn't always match what's in your head, even though you see yourself every day."

Pleased that Tony understood what he'd been trying to say, Jethro pulled him in for a deep, slow kiss. Sliding his arms around Tony's waist, Jethro indulged himself in his lover's taste for a long time. The only reason they stopped was because of the doorbell ringing. Growling in irritation, Jethro muttered, "If it's Jehovah's Witnesses, I'm shooting them."

Tony laughed and followed him back upstairs.

It was definitely not Jehovah's Witnesses though, and Jethro's stomach lurched when he saw two policemen and an unknown, prim and pinched-faced woman on his front steps. Wary, he asked, "What can I do for you, officers?"

"We're here for Tony DiNozzo," the woman replied, stepping forward. "My name is Elizabeth Rawly and I work for the Social Services' Slave Welfare department. Here's the documentation withdrawing him from your home and a restraining order to keep you from him until further notice."

Head swimming at the blunt declaration and papers thrust at him, Jethro forced the emotions back and snatched the paperwork from her. While having minimal powers in the actual welfare of slaves, the department was growing in popularity because of the abolitionist movement. It was no longer possible to just ignore them with impunity.

"Master?" Tony whispered from behind.

Pinning Rawly and the cops with his best glare, he ordered, "You stay right there while I read this. Do not set one foot in this house."

She glared right back, but couldn't gainsay his right.

Jethro turned to Tony, who had paled alarmingly, and gripped his shoulder briefly before opening the documents to read. Fury lit through him as he saw the someone, most certainly Tony's father, had alerted Social Services about Tony's wrongful conviction and then immediate ëvoluntary' slave status. They had instantly qualified him as being potentially unstable, mentally, and/or manipulated through circumstance into signing his life away after the severe emotional, mental, and physical trauma he'd gone through in the Pens. Until a psychological evaluation was performed, he was to be removed from Jethro's home, and to have nothing to do with Jethro, supposedly to keep him from intimidation.

Keeping calm was not something Jethro wanted to do. What he wanted to do was slam the door in their face and make a run for it with Tony. Knowing that it wasn't possible, however, Jethro took a deep breath and looked at his slave, trying to figure out what to tell him.

Tony took one look at Jethro's face and paled, his knees giving out. Fortunately, he landed on the hassock and not his ass. Jethro crossed over to him and Tony threw his arms around his waist, holding tight enough to make breathing difficult, especially with the shoulder in his gut. Bending over Tony, he said, "It's going to be okay, Tony, I promise. You have to go with them now, but it's not like before. You're not under arrest, you're in protective custody. You won't be anywhere near the Pens. You'll have your own room and be as safe as if you were still right here."

Shaking his head, Tony refused to let go. "I won't leave. I won't! Don't make me leave, Master, please!"

Heart tearing at the agonized fear in Tony's hoarse voice, Jethro said simply, "We don't have a choice, my own, but it won't be for long. I'm going to call Ducky and he'll meet you there as soon as he can. We'll arrange for you to be in his custody until this mess is sorted out, okay? They won't refuse an abolitionist of his reputation, especially not with Director Morrow backing the petition, which he will. Come on, Tony, let go."

It took another minute of soft promises spoken directly into Tony's ear to get him to release Jethro and stand up. When he finally did, the fear on his face wasn't any less, but he was as composed as possible, given the circumstances.

Walking him over to the interlopers outside, Jethro looked them each in the eyes before stating, "If a single hair on his head is out of place when I get him back, I will personally dispense a Gunny's Justice on each of you."

The cops flinched, but nodded and each answered sharply, "Yes, Sir!"

Rawly, however, gave him a disdainful look and replied contemptuously, "The only harm that could come to Mr. DiNozzo is in your care, Agent Gibbs. Look to yourself."

Idly wondering if she was stupid or suicidal, Jethro gave her a shark's smile, saying, "You'll be the first one I visit, Ms. Rawly."

He watched, powerless, as Tony followed her out to the police car. For a moment, Tony balked at getting inside, clearly remembering what had happened the last time he'd been in one. Though Jethro couldn't hear what she said, he saw the defeated slump to Tony's shoulders as the younger man finally got into the cruiser. Pulling out his cell phone, Jethro didn't even look at the key pad as he speed dialed #1 and brought it to his ear.

"Dr. Mallard speaking."

The cruiser was pulling out of his driveway as Jethro answered, "Ducky, we've got a big problem."

* * * *

Tony fidgeted, looking behind them at his Master's house as it was left behind.

"It's all right, Mr. DiNozzo, you're safe now," Rawly said.

Glaring at her, Tony wanted to exclaim, ëI was safer before you decided to screw around with my life!' but couldn't, knowing it wasn't permitted. Besides which, she honestly thought that she was doing the right thing, so how could he fault her? Especially since it was her job, on top of all the rest. Tony sighed and said, "I know you think that, but it's not true, ma'am. Agent Gibbs is the best thing that ever happened to me and if I'd met him beforeÖeverythingÖI'd still have become his slave. This is a voluntary love match, nothing more, nothing less."

She peered at him intently and Tony tried to make her see he was being truthful by staring right back. Shaking her head, Rawly replied, "The psychologist will make his or her determination."

"What happens if he or she decides that I am unfit?" Tony asked, dreading the answer.

Rawly thought about it, then said, "I suppose you'll be returned to your parents' custody."

A shiver of fear ran through him at the response.

* * * *

Ducky strode swiftly down the corridor, using his umbrella as both cane and people-mover to keep a clear path. Gerald helped that as well, using his height to advantage to loom over people who didn't move fast enough for Ducky's purpose. They arrived at the main office within minutes of parking and Ducky wasn't surprised to find people burning the midnight oil. There was something about abolition that brought out the fanaticism in people, himself included if he was going to be honest about it.

How odd to think that in this particular case, however, he was for slavery. Ever since Tony had signed himself over to Jethro, he'd done a lot of research into the practice of ëvoluntary' slavery, something which he'd never bothered to do before. Ducky had always lumped slavery together in one evil package, though he now knew that wasn't the case.

Voluntary slavery was a tradition that began in ancient Rome when the Empire had legitimized romantic pairings between Master and slave. There had needed to be a way to differentiate the favored slave from others owned by the same Master. Their union was witnessed in the temple of either Minerva, Venus, or Mars with a Claiming before priests or priestesses and the Chain welded around the favored slave's throat. That slave was exalted even over the wife of the house, since too often, marriages were the product of political or social convenience. Not to mention that if the marriage were a true love match, there would be no need for a ëvoluntary' slave to be Claimed and Chained in a Temple.

Striding over to the Supervisor's office, he rapped sharply on the glass that read, ëCarolyn Cohen,' and entered without waiting to be invited, that's how angry he was. The surprisingly young woman seated behind the desk stared at him in surprise, but Ducky ignored the look, putting his approved motion for custody of Tony on her desk and stating, "You will turn Anthony DiNozzo over to me, immediately."

Instantly on the defensive, Carolyn didn't pick up the paper, just crossed her arms over her chest and demanded, "Who the hell are you?"

"Dr. Donald Mallard," he replied.

Her eyes widened, recognizing his name, and she picked up the papers. Scanning them quickly, she said, "Everything looks to be in order, Dr. Mallard. May I ask what your interest in this case is?"

"You have done a disservice to young Mr. DiNozzo. I have reason to believe that this is not your fault, however, and so will not look to start an investigation into your department."

"A disservice? How? We're freeingÖ"

"Someone who does not wish to be free," Ducky interrupted sharply. "He is in full possession of his mental faculties and understands what he has done. There has been no manipulation here. In fact, Agent Gibbs has been a stabilizing influence on young Mr. DiNozzo, a fact to which many of his former partners and coworkers would attest, given the chance, I'm sure."

Giving him a disbelieving look, Carolyn exclaimed, "I can't believe that you, of all people, would espouse this unnatural course of action, Dr. Mallard."

Almost gently, Ducky pointed out, "I espouse his freedom to choose whatever life he wishes and in this particular case, Mr. DiNozzo freely chooses to devote himself to someone he loves more than life. What can be more natural than that? In addition, as you read in the guardianship papers, there are disturbing factors involving his father that make it imperative Mr. DiNozzo be handed over to me, or returned to his legal owner, Special Agent Gunnery Sergeant Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Now. Please have Mr. DiNozzo brought up immediately."

Before she could, however, Gerald called a soft warning of... "Ducky."

Ducky glanced over at his lover as a man his own age with silver hair and elegant clothing stepped inside the office.

"Good evening. I'm here for Anthony DiNozzo," the man stated.

Carolyn snorted. "Who isn't?"

"I beg your pardon?"

Ducky stepped forward, holding out his hand. "Dr. Donald Mallard, guardian pro tempore for Anthony DiNozzo. You are...?"

The man's lips twitched but didn't quite form a scowl as he replied, "Will Hansen, attorney for Robert DiNozzo, who has assumed custody of his son until this matter can be resolved."

"Oh I think not," Ducky countered, reaching over to pick up the custody papers and holding them out.

Will looked them over and this time, a scowl did appear. "As his father, Robert has an automatic entitlement of custody over..."

"Normally, yes," Carolyn interrupted. "In this case, however, irregularities on all sides have been brought to our attention. Dr. Mallard is precisely the sort of guardian we try to arrange for this sort of thing, though in the past we've been unable to do so."

"I'll be filing a motion to negate this custody order first thing in the morning," the lawyer snapped.

Carolyn shrugged. "You are welcome to try, Mr. Hansen."

After he stalked off, Carolyn picked up her phone and made arrangements for Tony to be brought to her office. It was ten silent minutes later that he arrived and Ducky smiled at the relief that flooded Tony's face. The young man threw his arms around Ducky and held tight for a long moment before stepping back, abashed at his actions. Ducky smiled fondly, then asked, "Are you all right, lad?"

"I'll be better once you bring me home," Tony replied softly.

Shaking his head, Ducky explained, "I'm afraid that's not possible just yet, Tony. There is still the investigation to be held and until that's cleared up, you'll be staying with me."

Dismayed, Tony asked, "No Gibbs at all?"

"Unfortunately not," Ducky confirmed. "I won't be able to bring you to work, since that will be within 100 feet of Jethro, so Gerald will stay with you at our house while this is taken care of."

Tony sighed. "Well, thanks for helping. Staying hereÖno offense, ma'am, but this is the last place I want to be."

Bemused, Carolyn replied, "None taken."

"All right, lad, let's be off," Ducky said, guiding Tony to the door where Gerald waited.

Tony offered Gerald a smile of greeting, but reverted to silence the rest of the trip to the car, as well as on the way to their home. Gerald flashed him a few worried looks, but Ducky just patted his hand to reassure him. He was sure that Tony was just figuring out how he felt about this latest snafu in his life, that the young man would bounce back, as he'd done from much worse circumstances.

Once in the home he shared with Gerald, Ducky hid a smile when Tony instantly took off his shoes and socks, a simple declaration of his slavery. He couldn't remember having seen Tony in shoes or socks since knowing him, the traditional slave sandals being his daily outdoor footwear, and barefoot inside. He brought Tony to the guest room, showing him the kitchen and bathroom on the way, and said, "Make yourself at home, Tony. If you need anything, our bedroom is just down the hall here."

Tony offered a shy smile and replied, "Thanks, Ducky. Sorry to be such a bother to you."

"No trouble at all," Ducky stated firmly. "We'll enjoy having you here. Sleep well, my lad."

From there, it was the routine of getting ready for bed after an exceptionally long day. Gerald was watching television in the living room, as he would until well after midnight, being a night owl. He would probably be chatting online with his friends, the internet flirt that he was, as well. Smiling to himself, Ducky thought, And yet it's with me that he shares his bed, every single night.

A fact that he still wondered at, even a year after they'd been together. The handsome, young black man could have his choice of paramours, but he'd wooed Ducky almost from the moment that they'd met. It had been a distinctly odd experience, having only ever been the wooer in the past, but one that he'd thoroughly enjoyed. Still enjoyed, really, since Gerald was terribly romantic and kept buying him presents and surprising him with getaways whenever they had time.

Finished with his nightly ablutions, Ducky climbed into bed and discovered that his mind was racing far too much with what was going with Tony and Jethro, to get any sleep. It was like they just could not catch a break. If he hadn't seen how obvious and true their love was for himself, he'd wonder if they did belong together. They did, though. He wondered at the many varied permutations that love took, knowing that what worked for Jethro and Tony, would never work for himself and Gerald.

Sighing, he got back out of bed and wandered into the living room where Gerald was indeed watching television.

Dark eyes met his and Gerald smiled as he said, more than asked, "Can't sleep?"

Sitting on the sofa beside the taller man, Ducky curled up against his lover and answered, "Not a wink."

Gerald put an arm around his shoulder and Ducky settled in comfortably against him, sighing deeply. There was something solid and reassuring about the young man, as if nothing could move him from Ducky's side; the ultimate immovable object.

Gentle fingers combed through his hair and Gerald ordered softly, "Get some sleep, Ducky. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."

Closing his eyes and relaxing to the steady rise and fall of his lover's chest, the television mere white noise, Ducky did just that.

* * * *

The meeting with the state appointed psychologist was two awful, lonely days later. Ducky had relayed messages to Tony from Gibbs during that time, and they chatted via the internet, since it wasn't specifically forbidden in the restraining order, but it wasn't nearly the same as being at his Master's side. His sleep patterns were off as well, thanks to the lack of Gibbs in his bed and the unfamiliar surroundings in which he lived, which didn't help matters.

Sitting in the comfortable chair across from the man who was going to decide his fate, Tony made sure not to fidget. Fidgeting implied that he was restless and probably had something to hide. He didn't want this guy to think anything except that he was perfectly happy with his life. Which he would be, if people stopped fucking around with it. "So, what do you want to know?"

If he was surprised or discomforted by the raspy, gravelly quality of Tony's voice, the older man gave no sign of it. Instead, Dr. William Ross offered what seemed a sincere smile as he replied, "What do you want to tell me?"

Tony nearly groaned at the response. He hated shrinks who did this kind of thing. Having discharged his gun and killed in the line of duty, he'd had to go to mandatory counseling and had had a shrink who'd done nothing but counter his questions, with questions, the whole session. Knowing that the man was waiting for an answer, Tony finally said, "Well, I'd like to go back home to Gibbs."

"Your Master."

"Yes."

"Why is that?"

"Because I love him and he loves me."

Instead of openly scoffing, as Tony had more than half-expected, Dr. Ross asked, "How do you know that?"

Tony hesitated, then questioned, "Have you ever been in love, Doctor? Really and truly in love, where you would give your life for the other person?"

"I'm afraid not," Dr. Ross answered honestly. "Though I love my wife deeply and wouldn't want to be parted from her. Are you saying that you would die for Agent Gibbs?"

"As he would, for me," Tony confirmed.

Dr. Ross nodded slowly. "Don't you think that, coming so soon on the heels of a severe trauma as it did, these feelings you have for Agent Gibbs are suspect?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because they aren't. Look, Doc, I'll save you a lot of time and effort, okay?"

"Okay."

"I've always gone military for my lovers; male, female, didn't matter as long as they hadÖauthority," Tony began. "I'm a risk taker and always have been. I'd be the first in the line of fire, the last to leave a burning building, and the longest to stay undercover. I guess you could say that I was a bit of an adrenaline junkie, always pushing the envelope."

"All right."

"When I met Gibbs, it was coming of the worst experience in my life, bar none. You don'tÖyou can't know what it feels like, and even though you think you might be able to empathize, you can't. Unless you've been held down and raped by multiple assailants until you're bleeding and unconscious, your voice gone because you kept screaming and no one came, you can't ever know."

Gravely, Dr. Ross nodded again and acknowledged, "That's true."

Taking a shaky breath, forcing himself to remain calm even as flashes of that time tried to batter their way past his defenses, Tony continued, "Even if none of that had ever happened, if I'd met Gibbs on the street or in the middle of an investigation, the end result would have been the same. I would still have become his slave, because Gibbs is everything that I've ever wanted in a lover. He's not going to let me endanger myself needlessly. He's not going to let me drive myself into the ground with work, or play. He's going to make me keep regular hours and eat right and give me the boundaries that I need. He does all of that and more, and itÖit fills meÖmakes me whole in a way I thought never to be after my time in the Pens."

Thoughtful, Dr. Ross asked, "Are you seeing anyone about the trauma of what happened to you?"

"Not yet," Tony admitted. "I can't even really think about it without breaking down into the screaming Mimi's. Gibbs told me that he'll give me time to deal with it in my own way, to get some distance, but that he does want me to see someone within a year, sooner, if I start to show signs of stress or being unable to cope."

"It sounds like he has your well being at heart," Dr. Ross observed.

Tony smiled, thinking about his gruff Master and the roundabout way they'd had the entire conversation in bed one night, and answered simply, "He does."

There was a long pause as the doctor took in his words, then asked, "What are your plans for the future, Tony?"

Surprised, Tony had to think about it for a moment before explaining, "Well, first I'm going to get certified to work in the field with Gibbs and his team. That was supposed to happen this week, but obviously it hasn't."

Dr. Ross smiled, not put off by Tony's pointed tone. "Which won't happen if you can't pass a psyche eval, even if you do pass the written and physical tests."

Tony grimaced. "Yeah, I know."

"And after that?"

"Work at NCIS with Gibbs."

"Forever?"

"Or until he decides it's time to retire," Tony confirmed agreeably.

"And that doesn't bother you? Having someone else dictate your future?"

Lips twitching into a wry smile, Tony pointed out, "That's what you're doing right now."

Dr. Ross echoed the smile and agreed, "True. But on a more permanent basis, it won't bother you that you'll have no say over how long you'll be working at NCIS? Or, if you even can? What about finances? You've always been independent in that fashion, I presume, so how does it feel to know that you don't control the purse strings anymore? That you'll have to ask for every little thing you want and maybe not get it, if he's in a bad mood, or thinks that it isn't in your best interests?"

Tony grinned. "To be honest, I suck at personal finance. I spend as fast as I get, so it'll be a relief not to worry about that. As for my career? Well, I actually became a cop to piss off my father, who's a blueblood wannabe. I grew to love it, and I do honestly enjoy the challenge of investigative work, but it's not the be-all, end-all for me."

"That would be Gibbs."

"Yes."

"So if he said that you can't ever work another day in your life, what would you do?"

Laughing softly, Tony replied, "Well first, I'd check and see if he had a fever, because Gibbs is a Gunny, and you know how they are about earning your way. But if he was serious about it, for whatever reason, I would ask what he does want me to do, and do it happily, because it makes him happy."

Dr. Ross shook his head and confessed, "I honestly don't know what to make of you, Tony. You seem like a remarkably well-adjusted young man, even if you are repressing a severe trauma, independent, direct and forthright. And yet despite all of that, you're willing to simply turn over control of your life to a man you've known for less than two months. That you had known less than a month, at the time you signed the documents."

"I love him," Tony said simply. "I want to please him and give him that control. Does my wanting that mean I'm somehow psychologically unbalanced? If so, there's a lot of us out there, and you know it."

"People who participate in the D/s lifestyle don't generally sign a legally binding contract putting them forever into slavery."

"Sure they do. You just don't hear about it because it's a frowned-upon lifestyle."

"TonyÖ"

"No, sir, hear me out," Tony interrupted, holding up a hand. At Dr. Ross' nod, he continued, "Because people think they're playing at something, it gets dismissed as somehow less real than a ënormal' relationship. After all, if they were serious about it, wouldn't they just bind themselves over into true slavery to the one they call Master? Well, some of them can't, because of their jobs. Others because of family obligations. Still others can't take that final step because of fear in the system itself, not the one they call Master or slave.

"I lucked out, I truly did, because I know that I will always be taken care of. If, if something happens to Gibbs, I'll be given to Ducky and, if he's incapable, to Gerald. Not a lot of people have that kind of support system to live the kind of life that they truly want to live. And it's a shame, because they're missing out on the kind of total trust and love that comes only when you give yourself over to another person. Again, it's not something you can judge, because you've never experienced it, and it looks like you don't want to," Tony finished, shrugging.

Thoughtful, Dr. Ross said, "Well, you've certainly given me a lot to think about."

"Can I ask you a favor?" Tony requested hesitantly.

"You can ask."

"If, if you do find me incompetent, or unstable, or whatever, can you somehow see to it that I don't go back to my parents?"

"Why not?"

Wrapping his arms around himself, Tony whispered, "Because that would be as bad as being a convict-slave. That would be consigning me to the hell that Gibbs rescued me from."

Frowning, Dr. Ross questioned, "Why do you think that?"

"Because my fatherÖ" Tony pressed a palm into his eye, feeling the beginning of a migraine at the thought of being passed over to his father.

"Tony? Are you all right?"

Forcing himself to continued, Tony said, "Because my father has been doing his best to control me since I was born. If it wasn't for my grandfather, he would have succeeded, and I would never have been allowed to leave the family home. And I use the term ëhome' very loosely. My grandfather is the only one who understands me, well, aside from Gibbs now. I can't wait to introduce them, because I know they're going to just love each other, but there just hasn't been any time, what with him living up in Rhode Island and us being down here."

Dr. Ross went still at that, then asked cautiously, "Tony, has no one told you?"

Apprehension tightened his stomach as Tony countered, just as wary, "Told me what?"

"Your grandfatherÖhe died four months ago."

* * * *

Jethro cursed silently at himself as he strode down the hall that led to Dr. Ross' office. How had no one known that Tony hadn't been told about his Grandfather? Why hadn't he brought up the subject with Tony? Why had he assumed that the other man had known about it and was just not talking, like he'd buried the trauma in the Pens?

It all made perfect sense, now that Jethro had all the facts splayed out in front of him. The Grandfather dies, naming Tony as his sole heir with millions placed in a trust for him. The Father pins Tony for a crime he didn't commit, diverting all his assets to the elder DiNozzo. Once he was declared innocent, though, the money and holdings had reverted right back to Tony, except, really, they would be given to Jethro, as his Master.

"Son of a bitch, you're useless!" Jethro snarled to himself.

There was still the minor matter of why he, as Tony's Master, hadn't been notified of all of this in writing, but Jethro was sure that would come out as ëclerical error,' when really, DiNozzo, Sr. had been behind everything.

Not even slowing down at the secretary's desk, Jethro simply entered the office and looked for his lover. Finding the younger man curled up, knees to his chest and back against the wall, Jethro sighed and wondered silently when the world would cut DiNozzo a break. He gave the man he assumed to be Ross a clipped nod before going to Tony and crouching beside him. With DiNozzo's face hidden from sight, he probably didn't even know that it was Jethro there, and not Ross.

Gripping Tony's shoulder, Jethro said softly, "Tony."

Tony launched himself at Jethro without hesitation, who wound up flat on his ass with his arms around his shaking lover. Holding tight, Jethro rubbed his back and kissed the side of his throat, whispering into his ear, "It's okay, Tony, everything's going to be fine, I promise. You're safe now, no one's going to hurt you."

"He killed him, Master, I know he killed him," Tony exclaimed, pulling back, wild-eyed. "He's been trying for years, and now he's succeeded! He'll go after you next, you're not safe, Master, you have to hide, we have to leave andÖ"

Needing to stop the hysteria before it overwhelmed the younger man, Jethro barked, "Tony!"

Tony cut off his words, but the panic was still visible in his eyes.

"I am not in danger, and neither are you," Jethro lied firmly. Tony was probably right that the next target was him, but Jethro wasn't about to admit it. "You're Father did not kill your Grandfather, it was simply old age and a bad heart. And if you don't believe that, we'll have the body exhumed and Ducky will personally perform an autopsy. I need you to calm down, do you hear me? I need you to keep your wits and be strong for just a little while longer while I deal with your Father."

Swallowing heavily, Tony practically vibrated with the need to flee, but he got himself under control and gave a jerky nod. "Right. Got it, Boss."

"Good. Good boy," Jethro murmured, cupping Tony's face with his hand. Tony leaned into the caress and Jethro smiled, bringing him in for a gentle kiss before asking, "You have it together now?"

The nod was a more certain thing, the second time, and Tony answered, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Or, I will be. Sorry about freaking out like that."

Smiling, Jethro, inclined his head towards the man observing them and pointed out, "It's not me you should apologize to."

Tony groaned in embarrassment and got to his feet, offering a hand up to Jethro. Sliding his arm along Jethro's waist once he was standing, Tony burrowed close and apologized, "I'm so sorry, Dr. Ross. I guess, well, I overreacted."

Shaking his head, Dr. Ross replied, "No need, Tony. And it's good to meet you, Agent Gibbs."

Jethro shook hands with him, liking the open way the doctor looked at him, and answered, "Same here, Doc."

"Well. I see no reason to continue with this charade of an investigation," Dr. Ross continued, surprising them both. "From the interaction I've just witnessed, along with speaking in depth with Tony, I can see that this is a beneficial relationship to both of you, and there was no coercion or manipulation involved, and my report will state just that."

"So I can go home?" Tony asked hopefully.

Smiling, Dr. Ross nodded. "You can go home. Take care of him, Agent Gibbs, he's a special young man."

Jethro briefly echoed the smile and replied, "I intend to, Doctor. Thanks for your help."

* * * *

They made it all the way to the lobby before Jethro was seized by the need to have Tony. It had been over a week, almost two, since they'd done anything physical, thanks to that drug case and then Tony being taken from him. Glancing around the lobby, Jethro spotted a men's room and steered Tony that way. Startled by the change in direction, Tony took one look at Jethro's face and flushed a deep red, knowing exactly what was going to happen. Gooseflesh visibly surfaced on the back of his neck as he shivered.

Before he was even fully into the one-room bathroom, Jethro was on him, taking his mouth in a hard, punishing kiss as he pushed Tony against the wall. Tony moaned, his mouth opening to the onslaught and grabbed Jethro's belt, hauling him in tight. Jethro made short work of Tony's pants, shoving them down along with the boxers, never releasing his lover's mouth from his demanding kiss. Tony's hands were busy as well, yanking Jethro's shirt free to scratch his nails up firm abs to the already hard nipples.

Jethro groaned in need as his hand wrapped around Tony's hard cock, the familiar weight sending a thrill through him. Stroking it slowly, he devoured the breathless gasp his actions provoked, a different thrill taking him as he mastered the man in his arms solely through gentle touches. Tony was utterly pliable in his arms, moving whichever way Jethro directed him, eager for whatever pleased him. Knowing the indomitable heart this man possessed, Jethro tread carefully with this power over Tony, aching with the trust given him; a trust that should have been burned out with everything the younger man had gone through.

Turning Tony so that he was braced over the sink, Jethro grimaced at only having liquid soap on hand as lube and muttered, "Well, at least you'll be clean."

"Master, please, no commentary," Tony pleaded through a groan that was not amused.

Snorting, Jethro squirted some on his fingers and slowly pushed inside his slave's body. Tony hissed at the stretch and spread his legs as much as he could, given the hobble of his pants around his ankles. Bending forward, Jethro sucked and bit at the exposed throat and ears, distracting Tony from the invasion. Hard and leaking, Jethro was desperate to drive into his mate and take him, rutting into the willing body with abandon, but he ruled himself as well and kept a tight control.

This was no Claiming, safe within their home with supplies on hand to care for Tony after, nor a bed to collapse into, once sated. This was a fast, physical reconnection after too long separated, a reminder to Tony that he was cherished and cared for, up to and including preparation after too long without. Finally deeming him ready, Jethro lined up his cock and slowly entered Tony, moving in and out in short increments, reacclimatizing Tony's body to being taken.

Flush against Tony's back at last, Jethro wrapped his arms around Tony's chest and waist, grinding deeper within the tight hole and causing them both to moan. Biting sharply at the vulnerable earlobe, Jethro growled, "Who do you belong to?"

"You, Master!" Tony gasped, head falling back against Jethro's shoulder. "Only you, forever!"

Sucking hard on the exposed throat, Jethro pulled out a short distance and slammed back in, provoking a cry of mixed pain and pleasure from his slave. Moving his lower hand further south, Jethro gripped the leaking cock and pumped it again, counter to his thrusts. It didn't take long to bring them both off, they were too close to the edge, needing each other too badly. Only a few minutes later, feeling the push of orgasm tighten his body, Jethro reached below and rubbed Tony's balls, a sure way to make him come.

Tony jerked hard in his arms as if shot through and cried out, long and loud, coming over the sink and Jethro's hand. The clamping down of Tony's body on his cock sent Jethro over the edge and he bit Tony's shoulder, breaking the skin accidentally as he came, humping into his slave's body and spilling deep inside.

Panting, Jethro removed his mouth, licking the blood from his lips and shuddering in visceral lust at the taste of his slave's blood. Tony moaned weakly as Jethro licked the flat of his tongue over the slowly bleeding wound, his hole spasming around Jethro's cock as he shivered in reaction.

"Gods, Master, what you do to me," Tony whispered, shivering again.

Placing a barely-there kiss to the center of the bite mark, Jethro replied softly, "No more than what you do to me, my own. Hold still, now."

Tony pleaded, "No, don't leave me yet!"

Rubbing his hand over Tony's abdomen, Jethro soothed, "It won't be long before we're home and then we'll be able to do this properly."

Tony sighed, but gave no further protest and Jethro pulled his softened shaft from his lover's body. Turning the other man around, Jethro gathered him close, holding Tony as he sought to keep their connection as long as possible before facing the world again. Several minutes later, Jethro reluctantly pulled back and started the water to clean Tony up enough to get dressed. Wetting a few paper towels, he gently wiped between Tony's ass, then moved to the front to do the same.

Changing his mind at the last moment, Jethro went to his knees and cleaned Tony's cock and balls and abdomen with his tongue. Enjoying every shiver and choked off moan of pleasure, Jethro studied his handiwork; a semi-hard cock and the clean skin around it, with a satisfied nod. He started putting Tony's clothes to rights, lightly batting the younger man's hands away when he tried to help and ordering, "Let me."

That heartbreaking, achingly shy smile surfaced, making Jethro feel about ten feet tall again, and he continued to dress the younger man, interspersing tender kisses to the bare skin before covering it up. Once Tony was dressed, Jethro sped through putting his own clothes together and took a quick look in the mirror. Nodding to himself that they would pass muster, Jethro looked at Tony and winced at the bloody mark on his throat. Shaking his head, Jethro observed, "Ducky's going to kill me when he sees that."

Tony grinned and answered, unrepentant, "I'm sure he and Gerald have their share of, um, over-enthusiasm?"

Jethro mock-growled, swatting Tony on the ass as he commanded, "March, DiNozzo, we have things to do."

Putting his arm around Jethro's waist, Tony managed, somehow, to snuggle up to him fully upright. Jethro couldn't resist kissing the nearest bit of skin he could find and they walked out of the men's room together.

And for the first time since Tony had been taken from him, Jethro smiled.

* * * *

Kate brightened considerably when she saw Tony walking into NCIS behind Gibbs, thinking, Oh thank God! Finally, someone will be able to reel the bastard in!

Out loud, Kate exclaimed, "Tony! You're back!"

Smiling a bit bashfully, Tony nodded and said, "The Doc said we're okay, that no one's going to contest it again."

"Thank God," Kate sighed, heartfelt.

Gibbs arched an eyebrow and asked, "Something you want to share, Agent Todd?"

"Ah, no. Well, except that you have a package," Kate improvised quickly.

A faint smirk signified that Gibbs knew exactly what she'd been thinking, but he let it slide as he headed for his desk.

Ignoring him, Kate turned her full, mother-hen instincts and focus on Tony, ushering him to her desk and sitting him down. She instantly saw the bite mark on his throat and glared briefly at Gibbs before announcing, "I'll get the first aid kit. Don't you move, Tony."

He offered a humorous salute, which caused her to grin, and waited docilely at her desk while she raided the kitchen for the first aid kit. Coming back to the office area, she found Gibbs had taken her spot and was about to demand that he move so she could tend to Tony when she realized that the man in question was shaking in his Master's arms. Frowning, she opened her mouth to ask what was going on, but Gibbs shook his head and mouthed, ëGet Ducky.'

Moving quickly to Gibbs' phone, she called Ducky and asked him to get up there as quickly as he could. It was only a few minutes later that the elevator door opened and the ME came onto the office floor, joining them swiftly. "What's the matter?"

Gibbs finally moved back from Tony and Kate could see that the younger man had tears on his face, which he quickly wiped away. Clearing his throat, Tony asked, "I'm going to have my grandfather's body exhumed, Ducky, would you do the autopsy for me?"

Though surprised, Ducky nodded. "Of course, Tony. It would be an honor to assist you. What was the reported cause of death?"

"A stroke," Gibbs answered when Tony seemed incapable. "Though a heart attack was reported in the papers and police reports."

"Oh dear. I can see where an irregularity that big would want you to have the case, ah, looked at with fresh eyes," Ducky finished, as diplomatically as possible.

With a wan smile, Tony nodded and settled against Gibbs' side, resting his head on his Master's shoulder.

"Can I treat him now?" Kate asked, meanly enjoying Gibbs' flinch when Ducky looked intently at them.

"Treat him for what?"

Tony flushed and turned so that Ducky could see the bite mark on his throat. Ducky's jaw tightened and he glanced at Gibbs with a stern, "Jethro, a moment if you please?"

Even the look that promised retribution tossed her way by Gibbs wasn't enough to diminish her pleased grin. It wasn't often that she could get Gibbs in trouble with Ducky, but it was fun, each and every time.

"What'd you do that for?" Tony hissed.

Kate waved a hand in Gibbs and Ducky's direction and answered, "Because he needs to come down a couple of pegs now and again and Ducky's the only one who can do it. Now then. Let's get you clean up."

Tony grimaced, but didn't try to get out of it as she set the first aid kit on the desk.

It didn't take long to clean and bandage the bite and when she was done, Kate said softly, "I'm sorry about your Grandfather, Tony, truly."

He offered her a soft smile and replied, "Thanks, Kate. That means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me."

Feeling a lot like she'd discovered the cure to cancer at that look, Kate straightened a little and patted his non-bitten shoulder with, "Same here, DiNozzo, same here."

* * * *

Tony waited outside the morgue for the okay to go in and see his grandfather's body. His Master was already in there with Kate, Ducky and Gerald, but he'd been asked by Gibbs to wait outside until it was done. And, since he really wanted to keep the image of his grandfather intact, Tony had had no problem with the exclusion. Finally, the door opened and Kate stuck her head out, motioning for him to come in.

When he entered the cool room, Tony found the others gathered around a slab covered by a sheet. Tony braced himself and walked over to Gibbs, asking, "Did you find anything?"

Ducky countered his question with one of his own. "Did your grandfather have any fatal allergies?"

Surprised, Tony nodded and replied, "A few, yeah. Peanuts and bee stings, which I guess are pretty common, but also sesame. Made going out a real pain in the ass. He always had to be sure they didn't use any sesame oil in the meal, from preparation on out. One of the reasons that we mostly ate in, or went to restaurants that already knew how to prepare his food. Why?"

"I'm afraid that neither report was correct, Tony," Ducky answered gently. "Your grandfather died from anaphylactic shock. And given the irregularities of the reports filed, the investigation is being reinvestigated by an independent authority."

Looking to Gibbs, Tony repeated, "Independent authority?"

"Empire authority," Gibbs explained shortly.

That explained the scowl on his Master's face. Tony was sure that he'd have wanted to be in on the investigation, but the Empire agents were above all agencies in authority and never included ëthe locals,' even when ëlocal' meant Federal; sometimes especially so. They were usually only employed on high-profile cases and, Tony realized with a start, his Grandfather qualified. The old man had been in the Empire employ during the fifties, while building his company from the ground up with contracts through the international, Imperial channels. Shaking off his surprise, Tony asked, "Any timeline for when they're taking over?"

"As of right now," a new voice said from behind.

They all turned to find two men in plain clothes standing by the door. The older one was in his forties, nondescript with brown hair and eyes. The younger was in his early thirties and could've been a clone for the first, save a minor trend towards being handsome. They were both dressed in the standard black suit and overcoat; the original Men In Black.

"William Folson and Gary Ravasti," the older man introduced. "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Agent Gibbs, Dr. Mallard. We like to look after our own, even if they've been out of the fold for a while. There will be a full-fledged, protective detail on you and your slave, Special Agent Gunnery Sergeant Gibbs, you may dismiss your own. If you'll turn over the information that you've collected so far, we'll get started."

Tony's eyebrows rose in shock and then horror as he realized that they truly believed that his father was behind this, or the detail wouldn't be necessary. His mouth stayed shut only due to the swift warning glance from Gibbs. Tony shifted closer to his Master, grateful for the strong arm that went around his waist, implicit approval to fold into his embrace if he wanted. Which he did, but showing that kind of weakness in front of Imperial authority would reflect badly on Gibbs, so he remained standing straight.

"Will you be keeping us apprised?" Gibbs questioned.

"We will. And, too, we'll need to question your slave in detail, preferably as soon as possible," Folson continued.

Gibbs nodded impassively. "Of course. Now should be fine. Tony, would you follow Folson and Ravasti to whatever conference room they've commandeered?"

It was an order, not a request, and Tony nodded submissively, determined to put Gibbs in a positive light, if he possibly could. Following the younger agent out, Tony caught his Master's gaze just before the door closed and was buoyed by the brief smile on his face.

Sitting at the conference room table not five minutes later, Tony kept his eyes on the wooden veneer, waiting to be addressed.

Ravasti set a cup of coffee in front of him and announced, "Feel free to look at me and interact as you would with your Master, Tony."

Taking the man at his word, Tony looked up and offered a faint smile, observing, "It's going to be a long night."

"And an even longer week," Ravasti allowed, almost apologetic. "We've been trying to bring your father down for a long time now."

It was hard to hear, even knowing personally that his father was no saint. Of course, he hadn't realized that murdering his own father-in-law would figure among Robert DiNozzo's crimes, either, but still. Clearing his throat, Tony said, "I don't know what I can tell you. I haven't spoken to my father in a number of years. There were a few emails now and again, mostly demanding that I show up at some function or other, but that's about it."

"You let me worry about the relevancy."

And with that, Ravasti led him through a long, intensive interrogation that, Tony was sure, yielded even more information than he would ever know. What they would do with that information, he had no idea, but he didn't really want to know, either. It was a few hours, and several cups of coffee later, that the door opened to let in Gibbs and Folson. Tony winced when his Master's gaze lingered on the multiple, empty cups and apologized, "Sorry, Master."

Ravasti looked between them and Gibbs explained, "I'll never get him to sleep now."

"Ah. Well, you're welcome to bring him home and try," Ravasti replied. "We're done."

"You'll be escorted to your house and agents will be with you until I deem it safe to remove them," Folson stated, clearly expecting no argument.

Tony was a little surprised that Gibbs didn't give him one, his Master instead holding his hand out to Tony, who hopped to his feet and hurried to Gibbs' side. "I'll be waiting for your updates with bated breath."

And if the agents noticed Gibbs' sarcasm, neither commented.

* * * *

Licking his way up Tony's spine, Jethro continued to trace abstract designs in the pliant body beneath him with his tongue, enjoying the shivers and panting as Tony strained not to come, even with the help of a cock-ring. Jethro already had twice already, tormenting his slave for the last two hours, using his body against him in the most deliciously evil of ways. Tony's voice had given out about an hour ago and only hoarse whimpers rang through the air now as Jethro's fingers pushed easily into his hole, stretching him further.

He rolled Tony to his back, grinning almost maliciously at the way his slave flopped over, boneless save for his cock, which stood hard and leaking. Jethro shifted down and took the erection in his mouth, sucking hard enough to provoke a desperate shout as Tony arched up, thrusting wildly and blindly into the wet heat Jethro's mouth provided.

Letting go his treat, Jethro moved swiftly up, using his arms to push Tony's legs out and up as his cock rammed hard inside his slave. Tony howled wordlessly, the noise practically painful to hear. He clawed at and simultaneously pushed away Jethro, as he pounded repeatedly against Tony's prostate. Humping ruthlessly into Tony, Jethro pulled the ring off and shouted, "Come, my own!"

Before his words were done, Tony's legs locked around his shoulders and he came, spilling long and copiously. Some of it hit Jethro in the face, though most spurted to the side and onto the bedspread. The vice-like clamping of Tony's body on Jethro's shaft sent him over the edge and he came again, grinding as deep into his slave as he possibly could, mindless in his rutting need to brand this man as his with his seed, as he would, one day soon, with metal and fire.

When the world returned, Jethro found himself held tight in Tony's arms, the younger man crying softly. Instantly worried, furious with himself for having misjudged so badly and hurting the man who trusted him most, Jethro pushed onto his elbows, breaking the hold on him carefully. "Tony, my own, don't move. I'll call an ambulance."

"No!" Tony exclaimed, his fingers tightening on Jethro's back. In a barely recovered voice, he rasped, "I'm not hurt, I promise, Master. I'm just...I guess...everything's finally caught up to me."

Relaxing a hair, Jethro took a good, long look at his lover's woebegone face and easily identified betrayal, pain, and good, old-fashioned anger in his changeable eyes. With a relieved sigh, Jethro rolled them so that Tony lay on him and wrapped his arms around the younger man. Kissing his temple, Jethro whispered, "It's okay to cry, my own. It's good to let all that shit out."

Cheek pressed to Jethro's chest, Tony whispered back, "It hurts, Master, so bad. I lost...everything...and all because of his greed."

Jethro didn't need to ask who they were talking about. Staring up at the ceiling, he struggled to put into words his own feelings, hoping the admission wouldn't hurt Tony further. "I would never, never have you put through anything like what you went through in the Pens, Tony. Never. Not even for what we have. But...at the same time...we never would have met, had you not gone through that. I can't be sorry that we met, because you complete me."

"Not sorry, either," Tony whispered. "Not for any of it. Just...he's my father, Master. Of all people to set me up...and killing Grandfather..."

Combing his fingers through the still-sweaty hair, Jethro soothed, "It'll be all right. Justice will be served, Tony, I swear it."

"Are you psychic now?" Tony questioned, half-sarcastic, half-teasing.

Relieved even more by the tone, and the faint glimmer of peace as Tony relaxed further against him, Jethro smiled and kissed his lips lightly. "In this case, yes. Get some sleep, my own. It's going to be a long week."

Tony yawned and nodded, kissing his throat before his breathing evened out into that of a deep, exhausted sleep.

Jethro continued to stare at the ceiling, vowing that Justice would indeed be served, even if he had to wield the blade into Robert DiNozzo's gut himself.

* * * *

He didn't have to, fortunately, because four days later, Folson showed up in the office and motioned Jethro towards a conference room. Following the other man inside, Jethro said, more than asked, "You got him?"

"Yes," Folson answered simply. "But we wouldn't have, if you hadn't noticed the irregularities in the autopsy reports."

"Out of curiosity, how did that get missed?"

"Human error. It happens, even to the Empire."

Gibbs smirked a little and observed, "That must've hurt to admit."

"Excruciating," Folson confirmed, grinning a bit.

Turning serious, Jethro asked, "So what now?"

Folson sighed. "You'll want to make sure Tony keeps away from the news for the next two weeks until after the execution."

"Why so long?" Jethro questioned.

Folson grimaced and replied, "Pomp and circumstance. Family murder. The Emperor's fury. Take your pick. It's going to be very gruesome and extremely public."

"Thanks for the warning."

"You're welcome. If you need a favor in the future..."

"Don't worry," Gibbs assured him with a wry grin. "I won't call you."

Folson gave him an honest smile as they shook hands. "Thanks."

* * * *

The reporters had been thick and relentless over the last three weeks and Tony would've taken a swing at one, save for knowing how pissed his Master would be if he did. Not to mention, he really didn't want anyone except his Master beating his ass black and blue and if he did strike a freeman, well, the best he could hope for was public humiliation. That wasn't something he would bring down on his Master.

So they ignored the jerks that did their best to peep in the windows and watched DVDs exclusively, when they weren't making love or working on Gibbs' boat in the basement. Aside from the fact that he was essentially hiding out from his father's execution, Tony could have looked on those three weeks as a kind of honeymooned bliss. He knew they were both safe now and could start to live their lives without fear of any further interference.

Best of all, Gibbs had left the planning of their trip to Italy completely in his hands. It was a mere five weeks away and they would be on a plane to Rome. Despite everything that had happened to him, Tony knew he wouldn't change a thing if it meant he and Gibbs never got together.

"You look deep in thought."

Smiling, Tony glanced over at where his Master had stopped his sanding to look at him. "Just planning our trip."

"I don't see one of those infernal iPod things in your hand," Gibbs observed.

Tony laughed and corrected, "Palm Pilot. iPods are for music."

"Whatever."

"Mental planning," Tony explained.

"More like brooding," Gibbs corrected, setting his tools down to walk over to Tony at the old desk. Straddling Tony's lap, Gibbs put his arms over Tony's shoulders and asked, "You want to turn in early tonight?"

Pretending to think it over, Tony laughed again when his Master growled, playfully offended. As warm, loving lips covered his own, Tony thought, No, I wouldn't trade this for anything.

End Notes:
Updated 4/12/16 due to initial import error.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=88