- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story is being updated on fanfiction.net Please review and let me know what you think about it. Thanks.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony leaves the office after being reprimanded by Gibbs and then something incomprehensible happens.
-----------------------------------------------
Tony was driving faster than usual and he knew that that was probably not a good idea, considering that there was a blizzard going on outside and visibility had been reduced to a maximum of 10 yards. But Tony didn't care just then because he was angry, very angry. He'd done an excellent job of covering up his feelings at the office, laughing and joking in front of Ziva and McGee. But Gibbs shouldn't have spoken to him like that, especially not in front of the rest of the team. After all he was Gibbs' senior field agent!
How am I ever going to gain the team's respect if Gibbs keeps reprimanding me like that in front of them!
-----------------------------------------------
Tony was so pre-occupied with his own thoughts that he didn't notice the dark SUV tailing him. The handsome, medium built man in the SUV was glad that Agent DiNozzo was finally on his own and out in the open. He had thought that Tony would be heading home as it was already after 9pm. But no! Agent DiNozzo was heading to the outskirts of town.
This is even better than anything I could have planned. Thank you DiNozzo, for making this so much easier for me, the man grinned as he overtook Tony and sped up, so that he would be a few miles ahead of Tony.
-------------------------------------------------
Damn it, did this crime scene have to be so far out of town and did I have to do this on the coldest night of this year?! Tony groaned in frustration as he headed for the crime scene. As he sped along the winding, slippery roads he thought back to the events of that afternoon.
-------------------------------------------------
ìDiNozzo! Stop messing around and start sketching!î Gibbs growled as he pulled the collar of his NCIS Jacket up, to ward of the cold.
ìBut Boss!î Tony moaned.
ìBut nothing! Either focus on the case or get the hell off my crime scene.î Gibbs shouted and than he glared at Samantha Crowley, a local LEO who had called the crime in. She was standing next to Tony, practically throwing herself at him.
Tony gave her an apologetic smile and said, ìThank you for the information. I'll aah, call you if I need anything else.î
ìCall any time, even if what you need has nothing to do with this caseÖî Samantha replied in a husky voice, before walking away.
Tony watched the sway of her hips and grinned ëOh babe, I will definitely be calling you!'
ìDiNozzo!î Gibbs growled again, totally loosing his patience.
ìOn it Boss!î Tony replied as he focused on the crime scene. He removed his gloves despite the cold and started sketching the scene.
A Lt. Ethan Johnson was lying face down in the snow, in a ditch next to Freeway 74. This was a treacherous stretch of road, all curvy and windy, made worse by the steady snow fall over the last couple of days. His car was lying on its side a few feet away. Initial indications were that he had misjudged a curve in the road and lost control of the car. As the car capsized, he was flung out and landed in an awkward position, which snapped his neck.
ìDone yet, DiNozzo!î Gibbs growled as he came up behind Tony.
Tony jerked and spun around, ìDone, Boss.î He replied as he closed the sketch pad.
ìSo what you waiting for? Help McGee to bag and tag! Do I have to tell you everything?î Gibbs growled as he walked away from Tony.
McGee looked up at him and Tony just grinned, even though he was starting to find it hard to just shrug off Gibbs' comments. He placed the sketch pad on a rock at the side of the crime scene intending to collect it when they cleared the scene.
And that was the biggest mistake that he could have made, because he all but forgot to grab that stupid sketch pad as they left the scene. So back in the office, Gibbs' mood deteriorated moving from mild annoyance to down right fury.
ìYou what?î Gibbs growled.
ìI may have left the sketch pad at the scene.î Tony cringed, waiting for Gibbs to smack the back of his head. But Gibbs didn't even lift his hand and that scared DiNozzo more then anything else.
ìGreat! If only all agents operated like you. Why, then we would be leaving evidence behind at every crime scene. And what the hell, we could even leave the God damn body's behind! What do you say DiNozzo? Should we start operating like that from now onwards.î Gibbs asked as he threw his hands up in the air.
ìBoss, I'm sor..î Tony tried to apologize stunned and hurt by Gibbs' tirade.
ìShut up DiNozzo! This is a first strike against you. You mess up again and you're off my team!î Gibbs threatened as he brushed past Tony, mumbling something about needing coffee. Ziva and McGee, who had initially been enjoying Tony's discomfort were suddenly taken aback by Gibbs' threat.
ìTony, Gibbs is just in a bad mood. He didn't mean that.î McGee quickly said as he glimpsed the stricken look on Tony's face.
ìYes. You know how Gibbs becomes if he has not had his regular dose of caffeine.î Ziva chirped.
ìOf course I know. Boss will forget all about this by morning.î Tony grinned back, trying to minimize how hurt and embarrassed he really was.
Tony focused back on the road as he upped the heat in the car. It's so damn cold! I should have just kept my jacket on! Tony growled as he accelerated in the hopes of getting to the crime scene quicker and then getting back to his warm apartment before midnight.
--------------------------------------------------------
Back at the NCIS head quarters in the autopsy lab, Ducky informed Gibbs, ìLt Johnson died of a broken neck. He was dead the minute he hit the ground. I have sent blood samples and his stomach contents up to Abby. Once the results of the toxic screen are in, we'll know whether there was any foul play involved.î
ìOkay!' Gibbs replied as he made to leave autopsy.
ìOh! Jethro, I was meaning to ask you something.î Ducky hesitantly said.
ìYes, Doctor?î Gibbs asked as he looked his friend in the eye.
ìYes, well. Regarding Anthony, don't you think that you were rather harsh with him today, both at the crime scene and again in the office, in front of everyone?î Ducky asked as he started stitching Lt Johnson's chest cavity closed.
ìI'm trying to toughen him up. He is my senior field agent and the best agent I have. I need him to grow up and stop goofing around.î Gibbs replied as he took a sip of his coffee.
ìAnd you think that this is the best way to do this?î Ducky questioned.
ìWell, it worked for me!î Gibbs replied as he walked out of autopsy.
ìJethro, what may have worked for you may not necessarily work for Anthony! I just hope that your tactic doesn't make him doubt himself as that will probably lead to him making more mistakes. And then you will become angrier with him.î Ducky voiced his concerns to Ethan as he continued stitching his chest closed.
-----------------------------------------------------
On Freeway 74, the man in the SUV parked his car in a secluded spot along the freeway. He sat patiently waiting for Tony to get closer, his rifle poised in his hands.
Yes, keep speeding like that! You're almost there. Just a bit further, DiNozzo. Yes, that's it! The man grinned as he took aim at Tony's front, left tyre.
Tonight you die, you bastard! The man growled as all traces of humour left his face. Then he squeezed the trigger.
He watched in perverse pleasure as Tony lost control of the car. The car skidded and rolled twice, before careening across the freeway. It hit into the barrier at the edge of the road, breaking through it, before rolling over again and plunging into a ditch.
Than the car exploded into flames!
-----------------------------------------------------
The man in the SUV watched the flames for a few minutes, imagining how Tony's battered and broken body was being roasted and charred to a crisp. Through his musings he noted that the snow had stopped falling and he decided that he'd better get out of the there now. He grinned as he quickly packed his rifle away.
That was so easy, so very easy! He grinned as he took a u-turn and drove back the way he had come.
-----------------------------------------------
At the same time, Dr Bianca Shore was heading back to her clinic in a little suburb just off Freeway 74. She had just delivered Mrs. Carter's first baby, a 2.9kg beautiful, healthy little girl. She had stayed at the Carter's place for an extra hour, making sure that the mother and daughter were doing well before leaving. All she wanted to do now was get out of her wet boots and take a long, hot shower. Then she wanted to get into bed and sleep for at least 8 hours.
As she rounded a bend in the road, she noticed the flames at the side of the road.
Oh No! She moaned, as she pulled up alongside the broken barrier line. There go my plans of calling it an early night!
She got out of her car and almost lost her footing on the cold snow. She wrapped her jacket more securely around herself and then headed for the trunk of her car.
This road is usually deserted this late, so you're very lucky that I just happened to be coming along. She murmured against the wind while she quickly grabbed the torch from her trunk.
As she shone the touch into the ditch, she gasped in horror. The car was badly burnt and there was debris lying all around it.
Could anyone have survived this? She pondered as she made her way towards the ditch, knowing that she wouldn't be able to walk away unless she was sure that there was nothing she could do.
--------------------------------------------------------
At around the same time, Gibbs was busy working on his boat, in his basement. As he took a break, he poured a generous amount of bourbon into his mug. He sipped it slowly, enjoying the burning sensation trickling down his throat.
He thought back to that day's events and his reaction to Tony. He also remembered his conversation with Ducky and the shocked looks on McGee and Ziva's faces as he had threatened to throw Tony off his team.
Then he remembered Tony's expression, one of surprised hurt.
Maybe I was too hard on you, DiNozzo! We'll sort it out tomorrow! Gibbs decided as he put his mug down and went back to sandpapering one of the rigging in the skeleton of his boat.
--------------------------------------------------------
Back on the deserted freeway, Bianca cursed as her foot slipped into the melted snow surrounding the steaming car. It had started snowing again and the cold air was seeping into her bones. She shone her torch inside the vehicle, being careful not to get too close to it as there were still a few flames licking around it.
The windows were all blown out and the seats and dashboard appeared to be melted. But there was no body in the car.
He must have been thrown. I have to find him!
Bianca took a deep breath before she started shouting, ìHello! Is anyone out there? Can you hear me? I'm here to help you! Hello!î
She continued calling out and walking around the vehicle for a further 5 minutes, before thinking that maybe someone else had come by and taken the injured person to the hospital.
Yeah, that's probably what happened.
She trudged her way back towards the road. As she reached her car, she shone her touch one more time around the vehicle. She didn't see anything new and decided to leave the area.
As she turned around, the light from her touch reflected of something lying a few yards away of the charred car.
What is that? Probably a beer can or something! She complained as she none the less made her way towards it.
As she neared the shiny reflection, a snow covered shape started to form around it. That was when Bianca took off at a run.
It's a body! Oh God, I wasted so much time looking at that damn car and all this time he was lying here! Bianca reprimanded herself.
As she raced towards the still form, her medical mind started assessing the situation.
You are non responsive and rather underdressed for this time of year. I've been out here for about 12 minutes which means you've probably been out for close to 30.
As she fell to her knees next to the injured man, Bianca continued her assessment.
You're cold to the touch, obviously and probably hypothermic by now. Okay, let's check your vitals. Bianca murmured as she placed her fingers against the man's neck.
She frowned as her numb fingers couldn't seem to detect a pulse.
--------------------------------------------------------
ìCome on Mister, you can't be dead! Fingers work Damn it!î Bianca shouted in frustration as she rubbed her hands together to warm them.
Then she grabbed her cell phone from her pocket and tried to see if she had a signal to call for help.
Damn it! This blizzard's knocked the lines out again. Bianca growled in frustration as she slipped her phone back into her pocket. In her haste, the phone slipped along side her and settled under the falling snow.
She rubbed her hands together and then placed her fingers against Tony's neck again, pressing more firmly against his carotid artery.
ìYes! Finally. It is a bit weak, but that's better than no pulse at all, right? Right!î Bianca sighed in relieve.
ìOkay now listen to me. You just hang in there and I'm going to look you over and get you out of this situation as quickly as I can.î Bianca promised. She started moving her hands deliberately down Tony's arms, shoulders, back, butt, thighs and feet, noting his injuries as she went along.
ìYou have a dislocated left shoulder, and a twisted or broken left ankle. Mister, I've got to go and get my collapsible stretcher from the car. But I promise I'll be back in a moment, so please don't go and do something stupid, like dying, okay?î Bianca whispered as she stood up on almost frozen legs and made her way back towards her car. Talking to her patients, whether conscious or not always helped her to focus on what she needed to do. She didn't think about the cold. She didn't think about how late and dark it was. She didn't think about how tired she was or how badly injured her latest patient was. She only focused on the best way to get him to safety without injuring him further.
She removed the collapsible stretcher from the trunk of her car and opened it up. Then she grabbed a rope from the trunk and tied one end of it to the stretcher and the other end to the tow bar at the back of her car. She grabbed a blanket and dragged the stretcher behind her as she rushed back to Tony's side. Placing the stretcher next to him, she brushed snowflakes off his back and rolled him over, into the stretcher.
ìDarn it, that head wound looks pretty bad and it's definitely going to need stitches. Right let's see what else I'm dealing with.î Bianca murmured as she started running her hands down the front of Tony's body, noting that his shirt was soaking wet and icy cold. Starting at his neck, Bianca gently but firmly caressed his shoulders, chest, diaphragm, pelvis, thighs and feet. Then she checked his arms.
ìI think you have a few very badly bruised and possibly fractured ribs as well as a sprained left wrist. On top of that you're definitely hypothermic and have a severe concussion. Now you're going to have to trust me okay.î Bianca whispered as she draped the blanket securely around Tony and then tied the straps of the stretcher across Tony's chest and knees.
ìI'm going to have to drive and pull you out of this ditch, so work with me and please don't fall out of this stretcher.î Bianca prayed as she made her way back up to her car.
She started the car switching the heat on. Then she pulled off very slowly. She felt the tug on the stretcher and prayed that she would be able to pull it out, without it becoming struck somewhere. As she drove she kept an eye on her rear view mirror, to track the movement of the stretcher. As soon as she had pulled forward about 25 yards, she sighed in relieve as the stretcher finally settled on the road. Keeping her eye on the stretcher she reversed back towards Tony, stopping alongside him.
ìGreat!î Bianca exclaimed as she got out of the car and proceeded to unbuckle the straps on the stretcher.
ìI'm sorry, Mister.î Bianca apologized as she used her medical training to lift Tony's heavy body up from the stretcher and to drag him onto the back seat of the car. Strangely enough, Bianca was now perspiring from the effort of moving Tony. She wrapped the blanket around him again and then hurriedly packed the stretcher away before taking off at top speed in the direction of her clinic.
As she drove, Bianca could hear her patient starting to shiver. His teeth were chattering and he was moaning softly.
Darn it, don't wake up now! The pains going to be so bad if you do.
She got to her clinic within 15 minutes and rushed inside to get a gurney. Getting Tony onto the Gurney was a major challenge. Eventually Bianca just lowered the gurney and dragged him out of the car, allowing his back to rest on the gurney as she gently got the rest of him out.
He was murmuring and mumbling incoherently as his shivers became more violent. Bianca spoke to him continuously explaining what she was going to do and how she was going to take care of him.
Once she had him inside the clinic and on an examination bed, she turned up the heat in the room and grabbed a few blankets from the cupboard. Then she started undressing him. His shirt was the first to go. Removing it revealed angry bruises across his torso. Next to go were his shoes, socks and pants. Tony had numerous bruises and cuts along his left leg, but none of them required immediate attention. The last thing to go were his boxers. Tony had a large purplish bruise on his left hip. As Bianca examined his hip, she silently acknowledged that he was an exceptionally attractive man and very well endowed. His hip just seemed bruised but she would take an x-ray of it to rule out any fractures, she decided as she draped the blankets across his shivering body.
Tony was propelled to consciousness by intense pain. He felt like he had been drawn and quartered. Every inch of him ached and acute pain pulsated through his left shoulder and torso. The pain in his ankle radiated up his leg and his head felt like it was split in two. And he was freezing! The cold was torturous, making his muscles spasm and cramp.
"Aaahhh, ... Oh God!" Tony moaned out in agony as the shivers intensified. He was ensnared in a vicious cycle of pain. The more awake he became, the more he shivered and the more pain he felt.
ìSsshhh, I'm going to make the pain go away. Just hang in there.î Bianca spoke soothingly to Tony as she hooked him up to an IV line and a nasal canula. Then she checked his vital signs, noting that his BP, pulse and temperature were low. At least the oxygen being supplied via the nasal canula seemed to have stabilized his breathing to some degree.
As Tony cried out again, Bianca quickly prepared two hypodermics, one with 20cc of Morphine for the pain and the other with 10cc of Zanaflex for the cramping. She lifted the blanket at his side and said, "This may sting a bit, but it will help take the pain away." Then she administered the shots one after the other into the fleshy part of Tony's butt.
How can giving me more pain make the pain less. What the hell's wrong with you! Tony wanted to scream but only a soft cry left his lips.
As the drugs started taking effect, Tony passed out again. Bianca pulled the X-ray machine over him and x-rayed his skull, shoulder, chest, diaphragm, wrist, hip and ankle. As the x-rays were being processed, Bianca undressed, removing all her clothes, her stocking and boots. She suddenly realized just how cold she was and she hoped that her time out in the snow with Tony would not lead to her becoming ill. She quickly grabbed her track pants and a sweater from her office and pulled those on. On her feet she wore dry, warm furry boots. She tied her damp, aurburn hair into an untidy ponytail before returning to her patient's side.
As she looked at the x-rays, she was relieved that nothing was broken. 3 ribs were bruised and his ankle and wrist were sprained. His shoulder was dislocated and his hip was just bruised. The x-ray did not reveal any cranial fractures, but Bianca knew that head injuries could be very tricky. With so many things to take care of, Bianca decided to set his shoulder back into position first and then to wrap and stitch his other injuries.
Sally I wish you were here tonight and not off somewhere on a 3 week vacation, Bianca complained as she missed her assistant's help.
She worked on Tony for close onto 2 hours. After resetting his shoulder, she took more x-rays to rule out any further damage to his shoulder. She also watched it for discolouration that would indicate internal bleeding. Then she stitched the angry gash on his forehead before wrapping his wrist, ankle and torso. She rubbed a soothing gel over all the cuts and bruises along Tony's left leg and his left hip. Then she placed his arm into a cast to stabilize his shoulder joint.
Thank God you're not awake for all of this. But when you do wake up it's not going to be pretty, Bianca yawned as she wheeled Tony into one of the rooms reserved for over night patients. She replaced his IV bag and hooked up a course of antibiotics with an anti-inflammatory component. She also prepared another morphine shot, keeping it ready for when he would start to come too again. Then she pulled a blanket from the cupboard and crawled into the bed next to Tony. Within a few moments she was fast asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca wasn't quiet sure what woke her.
It could have been the moaning or murmuring? Or it could have been the loud crash as a glass vase was knocked to the floor.

Whatever it was, it propelled Bianca to her feet at top speed. She rushed towards her patient's side noting that he had kicked his blankets off. He was covered in sweat and he was trashing about as he moaned and mumbled incoherently.

ìSshhhh.. Mister. I'm right here. I'm going to make the pain go away. Just calm down!î Bianca quickly said as she wrapped the blood pressure monitor around his bicep. She noting that his blood pressure was high and he was hot to the touch. She spoke to him continuously, promising to take care of him, as she placed the stethoscope to his chest. His chest seemed congested, which was to be expected as he'd been hypothermic.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tony heard a soft voice breaking through the harsh darkness that surrounded him. This darkness was filled with heat and pain. It was a very scary place, where everything was spinning, out of control. And the noise, it was horrific. It was like metal being crunched and smashed. And Tony felt trapped right in the middle of all of this. And then, there was that voice again.

ìSshhhh, Mister. I'm not going to hurt you. Calm down. You're safe now.î
This voice was melodious and sweet and the hands that were touching him were Ö cool Ö oh so coolÖ

Don't leave me! Tony wanted to call out as he tried to latch onto the voice.

ìShut up!î A loud unforgiving voice broke through, drowning the sweet voice out.

ìI'm going to take you out!î The voice growled. Then Tony found himself staring into ice blue eyes.
Eyes that hated him. Eyes that could tear him apart. Eyes devoid of any human emotion.
As he looked beyond these eyes, a face started to take shape. Those cold eyes belonged to an older man, with silver hair. Standing behind him was a dark haired woman.

She grinned evilly as she stared at Tony.
ìI'm going to enjoy demonstrating my skills of how to kill a man without leaving a mark on his body.î She spoke with a foreign accent. Then she looked at the silvered hair man and impatiently asked, ìWhen can I start, Boss?î

Suddenly a young man, slightly heavier of build, came into view. He sneered at Tony and said, ìI hope it's going to be soon. I want to watch him suffer!î

Tony's mind started spinning out of control as the silvered haired man growled, ìGrab him!î

The dark haired woman and the young man advanced on him.
And then Ö. He was spinning again, totally disorientated and out of control. They were crowding him. He had to get awayÖ He had to escapeÖ

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tony jerked away from Bianca's touch and pushed her violently away, knocking her off her feet. Bianca landed on the ground with a soft thud. She immediately felt a sharp prick at the side of her right leg, between her knee and ankle, and realized that her leg must have landed on the broken glass. She ignored the pain and forced herself back up to her feet. Her patient's blood pressure was spiking and he looked like he was about to have a seizure.

Grabbing the morphine syringe from the pedestal, Bianca plunged the needle none too gently into Tony's exposed right thigh. Tony continued to trash around for another few seconds before the morphine took effect. As soon as he was calm, Bianca checked his vital signs again. Then she wiped him down and covered him with cleans sheets and blankets. She replaced his saline bottle and hooked up a stead flow of antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and pain killers.

ìThis should keep you comfy for the next few hours. You gave me quiet a scare just now. I wonder what was going through your mind because it looked like monsters were after you.î Bianca murmured as she caressed his brow.

When she felt the stickiness on her leg, she remembered that she had been cut. As she looked down, she was surprised at the amount of blood on the floor.

Great! Now I have to clean up the floor in addition to stitching this cut, she complained.
She grabbed the disinfectant, a few cotton balls and a suturing kit. Then she sat down on the floor and started removing the stray pieces of glass still embedded in her leg. It hurt like hell when she poured the disinfectant over the cuts. Bianca gasped and took a few moments to recover her breathe, before she started suturing one of the deep, angry gashes on her leg. As soon as she was done she sat back and took a moment to relax. Then she dressed the wound before getting up and cleaning the floor.

She checked on Tony once more and was glad that he was peaceful for the moment. Then she noted that it was almost 4:30am. Bianca debated staying awake and getting started for the day or catching a few more hours of sleep. In the end it was no debate at all. She yawned and got back into the bed next to Tony before promptly felling asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

At around 7am Gibbs got off the elevator and walked towards his desk, his coffee in hand. He looked at Tony's desk expecting to find him there since his Mustang was in the parking lot. But Tony wasn't there and for some reason that annoyed Gibbs because he had planned to speak to Tony about the previous day's argument.

At around 7:30am the elevator dinged and Gibbs looked up, hoping that it was for Tony. When Ziva and McGee walked out, Gibbs felt his annoyance grow.
Where the hell are you, DiNozzo?

By 8:00am, Ziva and McGee could see the anger radiating off Gibbs.
Gibbs glared at them as he grabbed his jacket and growled, ìI'm going for more coffee!î

As soon as the elevator door closed behind Gibbs, McGee said, ìHow can Tony do this, today of all days?î
ìYes, he knows that Gibbs is really mad at him and it is so unlike him to deliberately make the situation worse.î Ziva said.
ìLet's call him.î McGee suggested just as Abby walked into the bullpen.

ìCall who?î She asked, catching the tail end of your conversation.
ìTony. His late and Gibbs is already out getting his 3rd cup of coffee.î McGee replied.
ìBut Tony's car is in the parking lot. He must be somewhere in the building. Let me call and find out which pretty lady he's chatting up this time.î Abby grinned as she grabbed the phone from McGee's hand.

A few seconds later, Abby frowned and said, ìHis phone's switched off.î
Just then a security guard came up to the bullpen. He looked at McGee, Ziva and Abby.
ìHi Greg.î Abby greeted.
ìHello Ms Scuito. Mm I'm looking for Agent DiNozzo. Has he come in this morning?î Greg nervously asked.
ìNo, not yet. Is there anything we can help you with?î Ziva asked.
ìAamm, he took one of the sedans out late last night. I just found out that it was due to go in for a standard maintenance check today. Do you know when he will be coming in or is there any way to contact him?î Greg asked, looking more nervous.

McGee and Ziva looked at each other, surprised that Tony had taken an official vehicle. Both of them were thinking, Why would Tony do that? Why not take his car? Unless he was doing something case related.

Both of them realized at the same instant what Tony must have planned to do.
ìHe went back to the crime scene to Öî McGee started to say.
ìGet that stupid sketch padÖî Ziva continued.
ìIn the middle of a blizzard!î Abby exclaimed.

ìOh no!î Greg moaned.
Everyone looked at Greg and noted that he looked extremely distressed now.
ìGreg, what is it?î Abby asked.
ìThat carÖ It had bad Ö. tyres.î Greg eventually said. ìPlease we have to find Agent DiNozzo and make sure that he is okay.î Greg continued.
Ziva, McGee and Abby looked at Greg and then at each other in concern.

Could something have happened to Tony!

ìI'll call his cell phone again.î Abby said.
ìI'll call his apartment.î Ziva confirmed.
ìI'll locate the GSP tracker in his phone and car.î McGee advised.

After a few moments, all of them confirmed that they had nothing. What scared them was that McGee couldn't get a trace on Tony's phone or the tracker in the car.

Gibbs walked out of the elevator to find the team looking worriedly at each other.
ìWhat!î He growled noting that Tony still wasn't there. That's it Tony! You've pushed me too far now.

ìAammÖî McGee stuttered.
ìGibbs we Öî Ziva started to say.
ìI'm sorryÖî Greg whined.
ìTony took a hinky car out last night and now we can't find him!î Abby rattled off quickly.

ìA hinky car?î Gibbs asked, wondering if they were making excuses for Tony.
As Gibbs' eye bore into McGee, he quickly said, ìThe car was due to go in for maintenance to have the tyres replaced. But Tony took it out last night and..î

Gibbs turned and looked at Ziva. She immediately continued, ìAnd we think that he went back to the crime scene to get the sketch pad that he had forgotten yesterdayÖî

ìHe went in the middle of a blizzard, because he didn't want you acting like an ogre and shouting at him again! And now something could have happened to him!î Abby finished as she hit Gibbs on the arm.

Gibbs glared at all of them and then looked away, not wanting to reveal the worry that suddenly washed through him. As he rounded his desk, his mask of indifference was back in place.

ìFind him now! Track the vehicle and his phone.î Gibbs ordered.
ìAlready done.î McGee replied.
Gibbs looked up and threw his hands up in the air, ìSo go get him!î
ìWe can'tî Ziva replied.

Gibbs was loosing all patience now. ìWhy not?î He growled.
ìThe traces have come back empty. His phone is off and the vehicle is no where on the radar.î McGee replied.

ìWhat?! That's why I hate technology. It's never available when you need it!î Gibbs growls as his phone suddenly rang.

ìGibbs!î
ìYes, that is one of our vehicles.î Gibbs said as the rest of the team watched him.
ìAnd my agent?î Gibbs asked.
ìDon't touch anythingÖ. JustÖ Just secure the perimeter. We're on our way.î Gibbs said in gruff voice.

ìWhat is it, Gibbs? It's about Tony, isn't it! Oh noÖî Abby moaned as Gibbs came around his desk.

ìGrab your gear. The local Leo's have found our vehicle off Freeway 74.î Gibbs barked as he ignored the shocked looks on their faces.
As he headed for the elevator he said, ìMake sure that Ducky comes with and Greg I will deal with you later!î

McGee and Ziva took a second to get their bearing and then rushed to grab their gear.
ìHe has to be okay, Right! Please find him and bring him back safely.î Abby asked McGee and Ziva.
ìDon't worry Abby. I'm sure his okay.î Ziva said.
ìI'll call you as soon as we get there.î McGee said.

As the elevator doors closed behind Gibbs before the rest of the team could get in, Gibbs leaned against the wall for support, as he gasped for breathe. His mind was reeling from the news he had just received.

Officer Morgan had said, the vehicle is badly scorched and we haven't been able to confirm if there are any bodies in it. But it's unlikely anyone could have survived a crash like this.î

Oh God Tony! Did I drive you to your death! Gibbs lamented.
No! No, never assume anything. Check and double check. You are not dead DiNozzo! You are not deadÖ. You are not deadÖ.Gibbs repeated to himself as he got his emotions under control and started focusing on how he was going to find Tony and make sure that he was okay.

-----------------------------------------------
The tension in the car was palpable. Everyone remained silent, each trying to prepare themselves for what they were about to find. All Gibbs had said was that they had found the car. He had not mentioned anything about Tony but his body language clearly indicated that something was very wrong.
Ziva hoped that when they got to the scene of the accident, they would find some evidence that Tony had escaped the accident with no or minor injuries. And if he was injured she hoped that someone had come along and helped him to get the medical care he may have needed.
Tony, why do you always end up in these situations? I'll have to get Abby to inject you with a few GPS trackers or something so that we can start tracking your every move, Ziva thought.
Sitting in the passenger seat next to Gibbs, McGee held on for dear life. As usual, Gibbs was driving very fast and he seemed to be oblivious of the fact that the roads were covered in snow and sleet. The car had slipped under Gibbs control twice already and McGee hoped that their luck was not about to run out, as Gibbs swerved once again. McGee squeezed his eyes shut as the rear of the vehicle started to swing forward. But then the car righted it's self before jerking to an abrupt halt.
Gibbs got out of the car quickly and started to approach the police vehicles lining the side of the freeway. As he walked he thought, damn it Tony, you're worse than a two year old! I've got to keep an eye on you 24/7 else you end up in some or other mess. Oh God, I hope that this isn't the last mess I'll have to help you clean up. It can't be, because you can't be dead! You just can't be Ö dead.
Gibbs took a deep breathe as he forced down the riot of emotions churning through his body. Focus Jethro, focus!
Back at the clinic, Bianca awoke to find her patient sleeping peacefully. She examined him again and adjusted his meds, before making her way to the back of the clinic, which served as her home.
She had a hot shower, shampooing her hair and soaping her body quickly. Then she rinsed all of soap suds out and lazed under the steaming water for a few minutes. Feeling refreshed after the shower, she dressed in jeans and a sweater. Then she went to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee. She made a sandwich for herself and had a quick breakfast. As she was walking out of the kitchen she decided to open a can of chicken soup and keep it ready.
ìI'm sure you'll enjoy a bit of this when you wake up.î She said to herself as she thought about her patient. She made her way to the front of the clinic, to the room that served as her ER. There she found her patient's clothes lying in a heap on the floor. Picking each item up in turn she proceeded to fold them. As she picked up his pants, something fell out of one of the pockets. It was a watch, the face of it smashed and missing the glass. The back had an engraving.
ëAntonio, 23/07/1993'
ìAntonio. It suits you.î Bianca said, assuming that since he had the watch, her patient's name must be Antonio.
She folded the rest of his things and took them to his room, where she packed them into a cupboard, intending to wash them later in the week. Other then the watch, she didn't find anything else that might have served as a clue to her patient's identity. Bianca returned to the ER and cleaned it before restocking the medicine cabinet. Then she grabbed a second cup of coffee and a medical journal before making her way back to her patient's room and settling into a comfortable chair.
She planned to stay there until he woke up, or until another patient arrived for treatment.
Back on Freeway 74, a tall, thin police man noticed Gibbs and his team approaching. He saw the NCIS logos on their jackets so he broke away from his team of officers and walked towards Gibbs. Gibbs noted that there were 3 officers at the scene.
ìAgent Gibbs I assume. I'm Officer Morgan.î He said as he extended a hand towards Gibbs.
ìWhat you got for me?î Gibbs asked ignoring the extended hand. Morgan frowned at Gibbs' behaviour. Then he shrugged and turned leading Gibbs and his team to the far side of the road.
ìSo your Agent was driving that car. That was a fool thing to do in the middle of a blizzard, especially on this road.î Morgan said as he chewed on a bit of gum. His tone and manner irritated Gibbs.
ìJust show me what you've got!î Gibbs growled as Ziva and McGee walked in step behind him.
Morgan stopped and stared at Gibbs for a second before pointing to the area hidden by the police cars. Gibbs brushed past him practically pushing him out of the way. McGee and Ziva followed Gibbs, both ignoring the way the officer scowled as he glared at Gibbs' back.
As they looked into the ditch, McGee's face whitened to match the colour of snow. Ziva actually turned red as anger and fear raced up her spine. A few Hebrew expletives flew unheeded from her lips as she took note of the debris and destruction caused by the fire.
Gibbs Ö He just stared impassively at the scene. Then he made his way down into the ditch and approached the driver's door, which was slightly ajar. His hands were clenched into fists so tight that they ached. His eyes roamed over the black carcass of the vehicle, looking for anything that would indicate that Tony had escaped. Then he forced himself to look into the front of the vehicle.
ìTony's not in there. The vehicle's empty.î Ziva stated with a touch of emotion in her voice. McGee felt so relieved, he almost dropped his gear. Gibbs was wound up so tightly that he could not even rejoice at this news.
ìZiva shoot photos. McGee, start sketching. Then search the perimeter. I want everything bagged and tagged, no matter how insignificant.î Gibbs ordered as he questioned where are you, DiNozzo? And how badly are you hurt? It would be unbearable if Tony had survived the accident, only to die as a result of exposure to the elements. As it was the temperature that morning was a mere 2 degrees Celsius.
The two younger agents were amazed by Gibbs' firm control over his emotions and his ability to think and operate rationally under the current circumstance. They decided to follow his lead, reasoning that the sooner they figured out what had happened, the sooner they would be able to find Tony.
Gibbs turned and headed back to the road. At the same time, Ducky and Palmer arrived. Gibbs stared intently at Officer Morgan making him uncomfortable.
ìThe car's empty. Get a search party together and start scouting the area. My Agent escaped the crash but he could be hurt and lost somewhere out there.î Gibbs stated.
Thank God for small miracles! At least I won't be taking you home in a body bag Anthony, Ducky sighed in relief as he approached Gibbs.
Officer Morgan did not take kindly to having federal agents coming into his jurisdiction and ordering him around like he was an idiot. So he just stood and stared at Gibbs. The lack of response from Morgan was the last straw for Gibbs.
ìAre you deaf? Get a bloody team together and start looking for my agent!î Gibbs shouted loud enough to distract Ziva and McGee as well as the other two officers standing on the road.
ìJethro.î Ducky said as he tried to defuse the situation, understanding the anxiety Gibbs must be feeling. Gibbs totally ignored Ducky as he glared at Officer Morgan.
ìI guess it's beyond your capabilities to organise a search party!î Gibbs spat out the words as he turned around and pulled his cell phone from his pocket. Morgan turned bright red with anger and grabbed Gibbs' arm with the intention of stopping him from making the call. Gibbs reacted by jerking and trying to throw Morgan's arm off.
Unfortunately he was on the edge of the road and his sudden movement caused his foot slip. To the horror of everyone, Gibbs started falling backwards over and into the ditch.
Gibbs couldn't believe that this was happening. And he had no way of breaking the fall. So he let gravity do its thing. He fell and then rolled over the sleek snow and ice until he reached the bottom of the ditch, a few yards away from the burnt car.
He was dazed and had a sharp pain racing up and down his left arm. His head and lower back felt bruised and raw. He took a deep breathe and regretted it as nausea and dizziness overwhelmed him. He could make out voices shouting all around him but they seemed gabbled. He swallowed once, twice as he tried not to pass out.
ìJethro!î Ducky called out as he sank to his knees next to Gibbs. McGee, Ziva and Palmer were also there, staring down at Gibbs with fear and worry in their eyes. Ducky placed a gentle hand on Gibbs' shoulder and looked into his friend's eyes. Gibbs swallowed again and murmured, ìI'm okay.î
ìDon't move. You could have broken Ö Jethro!î Ducky reprimanded, as Gibbs ignored him and forced himself up into a sitting position. He took a few shallow breathes and closed his eyes for a second waiting for the world around him to stop spinning. McGee supported him by placing a steadying arm on his back while Ziva used a handkerchief to wipe away the blood that was trickling down the side of his face. As Ducky took his wrist into his hand, intending to take his pulse, Gibbs grunted out in pain. That was when Ducky noticed the blood soaking through the sleeve of Gibbs' NCIS issue jacket.
ìJethro, where else are you hurt?î Ducky asked, worried that Gibbs may have internal injuries. At the same time, Ziva handed her scarf over to Ducky so that he could wrap it around Gibbs' bleeding forearm.
ìDamn it. I didn't mean for you to go careening off the side of the road. I just wanted to stop you making that call because I've already got a team of my guys out there searching for your agent.î Morgan said, unable to believe how out of control this situation had become.
The cold was starting to seep into Gibbs' bones and he was angry with himself for letting his emotions get the better of him and for making a spectacle of himself. He took a deep breath and then forced himself up to his feet. He swayed slightly and would have fallen over if McGee and Ziva had not grabbed a hold of his arms and shoulders.
ìWe've got to get you to a hospital.î Ducky stated the obvious.
ìNo.î Gibbs protested as he tried to shake their hands off. But McGee and Ziva wouldn't let go of his arms and Ducky was busy applying pressure to his left forearm.
ìYou'd better get him over to Dr B. She's about 20 minutes up the freeway, just 3 miles from the Tallow Road off ramp. She got a fully equipped clinic up there. She'll be able to check Agent Gibbs out and give him any medical care he may need.î Morgan said.
ìNo. Stop wasting time on me and get me something that will help me find Tony!î Gibbs growled as he tried to ignore the pulsating pain in his arm.
ìMr Palmer let's get him into the van. Timothy, you and Ziva do whatever you need to here. And you Officer Morgan keep us informed about whatever your search party finds. If our Agent dies because of your deplorable attitude, not even God will be able to save you for Jethro's wrath!î Ducky warns.
Then he looked at Gibbs' arm and noticed that the blood had soaked through Ziva's scarf. He looked pointedly at Gibbs and said, ìYou will be of no use to Anthony or anyone else if you don't take care of this.î
Gibbs glared at him as he acknowledged the truth of his words.
ìMcGee,î Gibbs said.
ìI'll call the minute we have any leads on what could have happened to Tony.î McGee said anticipating what Gibbs was going to ask him.
ìZivaÖî Gibbs said.
ìI'll call in a few other agents to help with the search and I'll inform the Director of what's going on. Once we're done here, we'll get Palmer to take everything back to Abby and we'll join the search party.î Ziva finished.
Gibbs looked at McGee and Ziva and realized how well they knew him and just how capable they were at doing their jobs. And this case involved one of their own. So he knew that he could trust them to be meticulous and to follow up on every lead. He nodded at them as he shook their hands off. Then he, Ducky and Palmer made their way out of the ditch. Gibbs winced slightly with each step as his muscles protested the movement.
Ducky continued to apply pressure to Gibbs' arm as Palmer drove them towards the clinic. Gibbs leaned back against the headrest of the seat and tried not to grimace as the van bounced along the road. He thought about Tony and about how this detour to Dr B. was delaying his investigation.
Unbeknownst to them, the attractive, medium built man in the dark SUV drove past the accident scene a total of 4 times.
Why the hell is that ME leaving without retrieving the body? DiNozzo you better be dead. It you're not, I'll hunt you down and I'll kill whoever gets in my way! He vowed as he drove by once more.
At the same time, at Dr B's clinic, Tony started stirring. Bianca dropped her book and approached him the minute she heard his breathing change. Tony felt lethargic and stiff. His body was aching but he couldn't seem to pinpoint exactly where the pain originated from. His head felt clogged and he was confused and disorientated.
He felt soft, warm hands caressing his brow. Words were spoken in a smooth, melodious voice but Tony could not understand what was being said. Bianca caressed Tony's forehead lightly, before reaching for the blood pressure cuff.
Tony felt a fabric being wrapped around his arm and pressure building in it. He also felt his wrist being held as the voice stopped. A few seconds later the fabric was removed and his arm was gently tucked back onto the Ö bed.
Then the voice broke through to him again as the warm hand went back to caressing his brow.
ìSo as I was saying your pressure is a bit low and you are running a slight fever. I've got you on meds to counter any infection and to control the pain and inflammation. As you were not wearing a medic alert bracelet, I assumed that you were not allergic to anythingÖ.î Bianca spoke continuously, trying to draw him fully into a conscious state so that she could assess his responses and rule out any complications with regards to his head injury.
The voice became louder and clearer as Tony progressed through the various stages of consciousness. Finally he opened his eyes. He found the face of an auburn haired, green/gold eyed angel smiling down at him.
ìHey there. How are you feeling?î Bianca asked as she continued to smile down at Tony. You have beautiful eyes, Bianca thought as she looked into Tony's eyes.
ìWhere Ö am Ö. I? What Ö happened?î Tony murmured in a voice he didn't recognise as his own.
ìYou were involved in an accident and you are at my clinic. Can you tell me your name and whether there is anyone you would like me to call for you?î Bianca asked as she examined Tony's eyes by shining a touch into them and noting the slightly delayed dilation and contraction of his pupils.
ìMy Öname Ö is Ö.î Tony thought for a second. Then he frowned and blinked his eyes rapidly. Bianca noticed that he was starting to become distressed.
ìTake your time. It's okay.î Bianca tried to reassure him.
ìMy Ö name Ö is Ö.î Tony tried again and then he looked up at Bianca with something akin to panic in his eyes.
------------------------------------------

ìIt's okay Mister. You've suffered a severe concussion so short term memory loss is quiet normal. Can you tell me what year it is or which state we're in?î Bianca asked as she realized that her patient was probably suffering from amnesia.

ìYear? State? I don't remember anything!î Tony exclaimed with horror. He was starting to get really agitated now as he shifted restlessly on the bed. Pain rocketed through his body, making him panic even more as he wondered just how badly he was injured.

ìMister, calm down. If you get upset, you won't remember anything and if you keep moving around the pain is going to become unbearable and then I'll have to sedate you. You've been through a lot and you need to give your body and mind a chance to recovery.î Bianca stated in a stern yet soothing voice as she placed her hand on his uninjured shoulder.

Tony stared at her for a moment as he stopped moving.
ìWho are you and where are we?î Tony suspiciously asked as he realized that this was no regular hospital.

ìI'm Dr Bianca Shore and this is my clinic. We're on Tallow Rd, just off Freeway 74. That is approximately an hour out of Washington.î Bianca stated.

Tony suddenly remembered something about an auburn haired, green eyed angel. He remembered her voice and her touch as her hand once again caressed his brow. He felt Ö safe and for some reason he trusted her.

ìHow long have I been here and how badly am I hurt?î Tony gasped as he settled back against the pillow and waited for the pain to subside a bit.

ìYou've been here for just over 12 hours. You had a dislocated shoulder which I reset. You have a sprained wrist and ankle and a few bruised ribs. You also have a concussion and a rather large bruise on your left hip.î Bianca listed his injuries.

ìWas I run over by a bus or something?î Tony asked, with a lopsided grin which turned into a grimace, as he felt each of the listed injuries protesting either in pain or stiffness.

ìYour car was lying in a ditch off the freeway and you were lying a few feet away in the snow when I found you.î Bianca stated. She didn't mention that the car was in flames. Nor did she mention how challenging it had been to get him out of the ditch.

Tony squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to hold back a moan as pain pulsated through his body. Bianca noted the scowl on his face and tension in his posture. She prepared a shot of morphine and placed it on the pedestal next to his bed. As she started to lift the blanket on his right side, Tony's eyes flew open.

ìWhat are you doing?î He asked as he halted her movement with his uninjured hand.
ìI'm going to give you something for the pain.î Bianca said as she gently removed his hand and proceeded to expose his right hip. That was when Tony realized that he was naked under the blankets. He blushed as Bianca used a cotton ball to swab an area on his butt. He looked away as she turned back to the pedestal to retrieve the syringe.

ìI'm sorry, but this is going to sting.î Bianca warned as she gently pinched his flesh and jabbed the needle into his butt. Tony cringed as the morphine was forced into his system. I hate needles!

ìThere we go. You should start feeling better in a few minutes. Now would you like to have someÖî Bianca started to say as Tony interrupted her, ìCoffee, with creamer and 3 sugars.î
Bianca smiled as Tony realised what he had just said, what he had just remembered.
ìYou see, it will come back to you if you don't try so hard. I'll go and get you a mug of coffee and some chicken soup.î Bianca grinned as she put his blankets in order before leaving the room.

Tony stared off into the distance as he tried to piece together the missing pieces of his life.

Who am I? What happened to me? Why was I on the freeway on my way out of Washington? His emotions alternated between fear of the unknown and a kind of certainty that he would be alright. He looked around the room and noticed that it was more homely than a usual hospital ward.

I've been in hospital before and I think that I probably didn't like it. Tony realized.

Then a sudden sense of urgency overtook him.
I need to do something! Get something? It's important. Someone's waiting for it. God damn it, what the hell could it be? And who's waiting for it?
These questions swirled through Tony's mind making him agitated all over again.

ìMister you're at it again, aren't you?î Bianca's voice broke through to Tony. He looked at her and noted the concern in her eyes. She seemed so gentle and caring. She placed the mug of coffee and a bowl of chicken soup on the pedestal next to Tony's bed. Then she lifted the head of the bed to a 45 degree angle. She tucked pillow behind Tony's back and adjusted the blanket's securely around him before picking up the bowl of soup.

ìYou need to give yourself a bit of time. You've only just awakened and it takes a bit of time to reboot your memories so to speak.î Bianca chirped as she lifted a spoonful of chicken soup to Tony's lips.

Reboot this damn thing! Tony remembered someone shouting that as he slammed a cell phone onto a desk. All his memory revealed was the person's hand and a phone. Tony blinked as the memory or vision started to fade.

ìMister?î Bianca said as she saw her patient's focus shift. Tony looked at her and opened his mouth. The soup was tasteless to Tony. He forced another 3 spoonfuls down before refusing to eat more. Bianca did not push him. Instead she held the mug of coffee to his lips. He sipped it slowly enjoying its warm, rich flavour. He managed to drink about half the cup, before becoming drowsy.

Just then the bell at the entrance of the clinic rang, indicating that someone had entered.

ìGet some rest now and I'll check in on you in a few minutes.î Bianca said as she lowered his bed and prepared to leave the room.

ìWhere the hell is this Doctor? I need to get out of here. There's so much to doÖ.î Someone growled.
ìJethro, Calm down. I'm sure that she'll be here in a moment. Mr Palmer, please go and find the Doctor.î Another man with an English accent instructed.

Tony practically shot up in the bed and grabbed Bianca's arm as memories started to assault his senses.
ëI'm going to take you out' an angry silver haired man shouted.
ëKill a man without leaving a mark on his body' a dark haired woman promised.
ëI want to watch him suffer!' a young man sneered.

Bianca looked down at Tony with concern. He was shaking and his grip on her arm was stronger than she'd have expected.

ìWhat is it?î She asked as she forced him back down onto the bed. She held his face in her hands and forced him to look at her.

ìIÖ. thatÖ. man Ö. the angry oneÖ. I think Ö. he Ö is trying to Ö. Kill me!î Tony exclaimed as perspiration broke out across his brow.

ìWhat?!î Bianca gasped.

ìDr B. Hello. We need your help.î Mr Palmer called out as Ducky continued to try and calm Gibbs down.

ìMister, I have to go and check on them. I will close the door behind me and I promise they will not find you. Just calm down, okay. I will not let them find you.î Bianca vowed as she wiped Tony's brow and then left his room, closing the door behind her.

Darn it, what did I get myself into! I should have just reported your accident to the police, and then taken you to Washington General Hospital. But no, not me! Bianca Shore the foolish romantic, always wanting to save the day! Bianca reprimanded herself as she thought that she would now have to treat a possible murderer.

--------------------------------------------

At the same time a dark SUV drove slowly past the clinic. The occupant of the vehicle decided to wait in the shadows of a few trees and to watch for the NCIS van to leave. He was angry, because he had just found out that his quarry had by some miracle survived the car accident.

DiNozzo, you may have been lucky once! But next time I will finish the job, even if I need to use my bare hands to do it! He promised.
---------------------------------------------------
Bianca closed the door to Tony's room securely and took a deep breath before making her way to the room that served as a reception area. Palmer practically walked into her as she stepped into the room.
He blushed profusely as his hands went to her arms to prevent her from falling. Bianca, shrugs his hands off as she said, ìThank you, but I'm okay. How can I help you?î
ìWe're looking for Dr B. Agent Gibbs fall down into a ditch and has hurt his arm and it's bleeding profusely and he could be going into shock and so we need Dr B Öî Palmer rattled of nervously.
ìI'm Dr B.î Bianca said as she processed what Palmer had said. Agent Gibbs! Agent of what? And if he is an agent, can he also be a murderer?
She looked past Palmer at Ducky who was holding Gibbs down in a chair. Then she saw the blood dripping from Gibbs' arm and the scowl of pain and anger on his face.
ìBring Agent Gibbs in here.î Bianca ordered as she made her way into the ER. She was glad that the ER was down the hall from her other patient's room. She prayed that he would remain calm while she treated this new patient.
---------------------------------------
Tony was straining to hear what was going on outside his room. He was convinced that the man with the angry voice was trying to kill him. But then the voice of an English man broke through and he had a vision of sitting on a steel table, under bright lights, as this man lectured him about taking better care of himself.
What should I believe and what shouldn't I? I can't take this. I need to find a way to see these people without them seeing me. Tony decided as he threw his blankets off.
Clothes, Where can I find something to where? Tony pondered as he sat up slowly on the bed. The morphine Bianca had given him was taking effect so the pain was bearable. He took a deep breath as he gingerly placed his feet on the cool floor. As he stood up, he remembered not to put pressure on his sprained ankle. He held onto the bed and the wall as he made his way towards the cupboard. In the cupboard he found a gown. He put it on as he slowly made his way back to the bed. He was weak and tired and needed to take a breather before attempting to go out of the room.
-----------------------------------------
As the attractive man in the dark SUV watched the house with binoculars, he spotted movement in one of the rooms. He growled as he saw his quarry hobbling around looking none the worse for wear.
DiNozzo, you had to go and mess up my perfect plan, didn't you? Well now I know where you are. I'll just wait for your Boss to get out of the way and then you and I are going to have some fun! He promised.
-----------------------------------------
Back at the scene of the accident, Ziva and McGee extended the perimeter around the scorched car.
Abby had called twice already and McGee was dreading her next call because then he would have to tell her about Gibbs getting hurt and he thought that that might just be too much for her to handle.
ìMcGee, I've got something!î Ziva called out as she crouched a few feet away from the car. She took photos of what she had found.
ìLooks like blood frozen in the snow. I'll collect a sample for Abby to match against Tony's blood.î McGee swallowed as he collected the evidence. Ziva continued to search the area by displacing some of the snow.
ìMcGee, this doesn't look like Tony's phone.î Ziva said as she photographed the phone and then bagged it.
At that moment the other NCIS agents arrived. McGee and Ziva filled them in on everything they had so far and arranged with one of them to have the car and all the evidence taken back to NCIS head quarters for Abby to process.
Then they contacted Officer Morgan and decided to join the search party. Both of them were wondering how Gibbs was doing but neither was ready to call him as he would want answers and they didn't have any as yet.
------------------------------------------------
Back in the clinic, Gibbs allowed Ducky to help him up. Then he shook his hands off as he followed Dr B out of the reception area. He was starting to feel nauseous and light headed and that was making him angrier.
As soon as they entered the room and Gibbs was seated on the examination bed, Bianca ordered, ìPlease remove his jacket and shirt.î Her manner of not addressing him directly was grating on Gibbs' nerves.
ìHey, I'm right here. I can hear you and I can remove my clothes myself.î Gibbs growled as he pulled the scarf off his arm. It was soaked with blood and fell heavily to the floor. Bianca grabbed a surgical dressing and handed it to Palmer.
ìApply pressure to that wound.î She ordered. ìI'm sorry, Agent Gibbs. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.î Bianca continued and Gibbs picked up on the slight tremor in her voice.
Ducky in the mean time started to unzip Gibbs' jacket, only to have Gibbs slap his hand away as he started undressing himself. Gibbs tried to control his expression as pain sliced through his arm and back with his movements.
ìDr B, you must excuse Jethro. His grouchy on any given day but on a bad day he transforms into an insufferable ogre and today is as bad a day as they come. You see we've justÖî Ducky started to say when he was rudely cut off.
ìDr Mallard, why don't you and Palmer wait outside?î Gibbs growled. He was really starting to feel rather weak and he didn't want to faint in front of Palmer or Ducky for that matter.
Ducky looked at Mr. Palmer, who in turn looked nervously at Agent Gibbs.
ìMr. Palmer, why don't you return to the scene and sent Timothy and Ziva to fetch us?î Ducky asked as he took over applying pressure to Gibbs' wound. Palmer sighed in relief as he nodded his head and left the room without a second glance.
ìCould I help you, my dear? I am a Doctor after all. Dr. Donald Mallard, at your service.î Ducky said as he got Gibbs to lie down on the bed.
ìOh. What is your specialty?î Bianca asked as she pulled a trolley containing surgical swabs, suturing kits, antiseptic solution and a whole array of other products and instruments that she may need, towards the bed.
ìAutopsy.î Ducky said, as he continued to apply pressure to Gibbs' arm. Gibbs closed his eyes and he tried to relax. He thought about the scene of the accident and the fact that Tony had escaped the fire. He tried to ignore the throbbing pain in his arm and the bile that was threatening to enter his throat.
ìAutopsy? So you're a Medical Examiner. Which agency do you work for?î Bianca asked as she noted the alphabets on Gibbs' discarded jacket while handing a thermometer to Ducky. Gibbs opened his eyes, getting irritated with their banter.
ìNCIS. It stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Services.î Ducky said as Gibbs opened his mouth to interrupt them. He never got a chance to say one word as Ducky placed the thermometer into his mouth and lifted his chin, effectively closing his mouth. Gibbs glared at Ducky, who just ignored him. At the same time Bianca was wrapping a blood pressure cuff on Gibbs' uninjured arm. She noted that he was in excellent condition for a man his age and he was in fact very attractive.
Stop it you silly goose and focus on what needs to be done so that you can get him out of here ASAP! And for God's sake don't forget that he could be a murderer, no matter how handsome he may be. She reprimanded herself as she took his pressure, noting that it was low. Ducky handed the thermometer to her and she noted that Gibbs' temperature was also a low. Shock! She realized as she turned up the heat in the room.
She got an IV bag and proceeded to hook it up to Gibbs' wrist. Then she covered him with a blanket, leaving his bleeding arm exposed and resting on top of a pillow.
Bianca was conflicted about what her other patient had said and about the vibe she was picking up from her new patient and Dr Mallard. She decided to reserve her opinion on these men and to try to get more information from them.
ìCould you hurry up already? I don't intend spending the rest of the day here so I don't know why you're wasting time tucking me in.î Gibbs stated, but the usual gruffness seemed to have left his voice. He was staring at Bianca with his ice blue eyes, but instead of looking intimidating, he seemed really tired. And his pupils were dilated despite the bright light in the room. Bianca looked at Ducky who nodded his head imperceptibly, communicating that he was aware of the fact that Gibbs was going into shock.
ìSo what is NCIS doing this far out of the city?î Bianca asked as she removed the soaked cotton swab from Gibbs' arm. Then she picked up a clean cotton swab from the trolley and she took Gibbs' hand into hers surprising him with her warm, gentle touch.
ìWe are investigating the death of a Navy Lieutenant.î Ducky said as Bianca started to clean the jaggered cut on Gibbs' forearm. Gibbs held still as she worked noting that she was efficient, yet light handed and she didn't hurt him too much. He also noted that she had striking eyes and generous lips.
ìOh, but didn't that happen a day or two ago?î Bianca asked as she remembered something about this. She removed the cotton swab and picked up another one. This one she coated with antiseptic fluid.
ìYes, but this case has led to complicationsÖî Ducky started to say, as he placed his hand on Gibb's upper arm and shoulder. At the same time Bianca held Gibbs' hand a bit more firmly. Gibbs looked at both of them wondering what they were doing. That was until he felt the wet swab touch his open wound and pain ricochet up and down his arm.
He flinched and gasped as the antiseptic fluid burnt a trail into and around the wound. His grip on Bianca's hand tightened and he cursed as bile rose to his throat once more.
ìI'm sorry, Agent Gibbs but I have to clean and disinfect this cut before I can stitch it?î Bianca stated as she continued to clean the wound.
Gibbs glared at Ducky for the lack of warning as he tried to get some kind of control over his reaction. Ducky just squeezed his shoulder in apology.
ìThis is a pretty deep cut. I'm going to need to give you a local anesthetic in order to stitch it. I also noticed that you have a darkening bruise on your side and back. That could indicate bruised or fractured ribs. I'll need to take x-rays of your arm and your side to rule out any fractures.î Bianca said with concern. Ducky nodded his head at her assessment.
Gibbs looked at them and realized that protesting would be a waste of time. He was feeling really weak right now, so maybe he should just take the next few minutes to recover his strength. Besides, he reasoned, if the pain and weakness subside, I won't be distracted once I join the search party looking for Tony.
---------------------------------------------
Tony sat on the bed pondering how he was going to make his way down the collidor to the room where the angry man was. He was unsure of exactly what was going on and why this man had come here.
Maybe he and Bianca are in this together. Maybe she is just pretending to help me. Damn it, I've got to find out what's going on here! Tony was compelled to take action.
He stood up and held onto the wall as he hobbled to the door. As he got to the door, he tried to balance on one leg. While holding his IV bag in his uninjured hand, he tried to open the door. This was rather difficult to do so he moved the IV bag to his injured hand but it slipped through his weak fingers and fell to the floor. Losing patience with the whole mess, Tony took a deep breath and proceeded to pull the IV needle out of his arm. He grimaced as the sticky tape ripped the hair off his arm.
Moving around and removing the IV line was not the most astute thing to do as that stopped any further antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, pain and fever meds from being pumped into his body. But Tony was so focused on getting out of the room that he didn't even think about this.
Awkwardly and painfully he inched closer to the room the voices emanated from. As he got to the door he cautiously peeked in. He noted the silver haired man lying on the bed, an expression of pain marring his features as Bianca worked on him. There was a blood soaked cloth lying on the floor next to the bed and bloody gauze on the trolley next to Bianca.
His hurt! How did he get hurt? Did it happen when he tried to kill me?
These and may other questions swirled through Tony's mind, confusing and angering him. Then his gaze fell on the other man in the room. He was older and wore spectacles. He had a supporting hand on the silver haired man's shoulder. Tony could sense the friendship between them and it tugged at the recesses of his mind. He listened to the banter coming from the room and he couldn't pick up on any of the initial fear he had felt.
He looked around the room and saw a jacket lying on the floor.
NCIS! Why does that seem so familiar? He wondered as the older man and Bianca moved to one side of the room and hooked x-rays up to a bright board. Now Tony had an unobstructed view of the silver haired man.
As soon as Gibbs was left alone, his face contorted with pain and he swallowed convulsively trying to fight the nausea. He knew that he was unusually cold, probably because he was going into shock. He was also having a hard time staying lucid.
Damn it, I should be out looking for Tony! I can't lose him, I just Ö can't! Tony, just hang in thereÖ I'm going to find you. Son, I'll find you! And then I'll tell youÖ I'll tell you just how much you mean to me, Gibbs vowed as he fought the moisture gathering in his eyes.
Tony was stunned by the emotions he saw flirting across this man's face. Somehow he was sure that he had never seen these emotions on this man's face in the past and he was convinced that they must have shared something in the past.
But what could it be? Why do I think that you're trying to kill me? And why are you laying your emotion bare like this? Why do I feel like these emotions have something to do with me! Tony wondered as he leaned against the wall and continued to peek into the room.
---------------------------------------
ìOkay, let's see what we're dealing with.î Bianca said as she hooked up one set of x-rays.
ìNo broken ribs.î Bianca stated as Ducky sighed in relief.
ìThank goodness, because a man like Jethro will not have the patience to sit around quietly and allow broken ribs to heal.î Ducky murmured.
ìLet's see how bad that arm is?î Bianca chirped as she removed the one set of x-rays and hooked up the next set.
ìIt looks like a simple, oblique fracture of the ulna compounded by an open lesion on the arm.î Ducky quietly observed as he pointed to a feint line on the x-ray.
ìYes, so a local anesthetic would be in order. We need to stabilize this fracture with a cast once we close the open wound. Then we'll have to monitor him closely to rule out any infection. He's going to need antibiotics and pain meds for the next 24 hours to 48 hours at least. I guess that means that he'll have to stay overnight.î Bianca replied in a low voice, wondering how she was going to be able to keep him here and still keep her other patient calm.
I'll just sedate him! Or both of them! She decided. No, that wouldn't be ethical. I'll find a way. I'll have to, won't I?
ìOh Jethro's not going to like that. He will want to get out of here the minute the anesthetic wares off.î Ducky whispered as he leaned closer to Bianca.
ìWhyÖî Bianca started whispering only to be interrupted by Gibbs.
ìIf you two need some privacy I could leave the room!î Gibbs stated sarcastically. For some reason them standing so close together irritated him.
ìI'm getting out of here! I have work to do!î Gibbs growled as he tried to sit up, despite the pain and nausea.
Tony tensed as he doubted that he would be able to get back to his room without being seen by Gibbs. He was also starting to feel the lack of pain meds at the moment and balancing on one leg was taking its toll on him.
Then a memory or vision assaulted him, Boss don't get up. Boss! It's a through and through. The EMT's are on the way. You got him, Boss. You got him.
Bianca and Ducky turned as one towards Gibbs.
ìJethro, lie down before you fall off that bed.î Ducky admonished.
Bianca rushed towards Gibbs and placed her hands on his shoulders intending to force him back again the pillows. Gibbs tried to protest, but he was hit by a sickening wave of dizziness and this time he couldn't hold back the bile. He turned towards the side of the bed as everything rushed up from his stomach to his lips. Luckily Bianca was prepared for him and she held a steel bowl to his mouth. As he heaved she rubbed his back in a gentle, circular motion.
Ducky continued to mumble admonishments about Gibbs' behaviour as he searched through a few cupboards until he found a clean face cloth. He wet the cloth and then handed it to Bianca.
Tony observed everything silently from the doorway. It felt like he had witnessed numerous scenes similar to this. But every time he thought he may have latched onto a memory, the vision or sensation disappeared, leaving him confused and frustrated.
Once Gibbs was done throwing up, Bianca wiped his mouth with a damp cloth before pushing him back against the pillows. Then she placed her hand on his forehead as he took a few deep breathes. Her fingers started caressing his brow of their own accord. Bianca silently admitted that she liked the feel of his hair. Who would have thought that your hair could be so soft?
Once she was sure that he wasn't going to throw up again, she said, ìAgent Gibbs, we're going to have to give you a local anesthetic so that we can work on your arm.î
Gibbs swallowed before asking, ìHowÖ how bad is it?î
ìJethro, in addition to the open wound on your arm, you have a hairline fracture in one of the bones of that arm and your ribs are rather badly bruised.î Ducky said as he once again placed his hand on Gibbs' shoulder.
Gibbs closed his eyes, thinking about how he didn't need this complication right now. Bianca continued to caress his brow as she said, ìI'm going to take care of everything. So don't worry, okay.î
Gibbs wasn't used to being touched or caressed for that matter. No one other than Ducky ever tried to offer him comfort when he was injured. So having this woman invading his personal space and touching him, caressing him, whispering soothingly to him should have made him uneasy.
Instead, her touch put him at ease. Her compassionate eyes reassured him. She made him feel ÖÖ
Gibbs! Stop it! What the hell is wrong with you? Gibbs exclaimed as he catch himself falling under her bewitching spell. Bianca sensed as much as felt the change in him. He moved his uninjured hand to grasp hers and he removed her hand from his brow. Then he tried to glare at her. This failed miserably as he was having a terrible time focusing on her features.
ìAre you going to stand there all day? Or are you going to get on with it?î Gibbs growled as he looked from Bianca to his injured arm.
ìYes of course. Dr Mallard, would you be kind enough to assist me.î Bianca asked as she straightened up and started switching on various monitors and hooking them to Gibbs' chest and index finger..
ìMy dear, it would be my pleasure to assist you. And please call me Ducky. All my friends do.î Ducky said as he tried to relieve the tension in the room.
After that Bianca told Gibbs that she was going to administer the anesthetic. She prepared a syringe with a cocktail of medication. Then she apologized to Gibbs as she administered the shot to 5 strategic locations on his injured arm. Each shot hurt like the dickens, but Gibbs didn't say a word. Soon he started to feel drowsy.
A local anesthetic should not make me drowsy. What did she give me? Gibbs asked as a sense of weightlessness overwhelmed him. He turned his head slightly and his eyes collided with a pair of green eyes, standing in the doorway.
Tony panicked as he thought that he had been made. Gibbs' eyes widened in disbelieve and relief. Then he said, loud enough for everyone to hear, ìI'm sorry Tony, my Son!î Ducky looked at Gibbs in stunned silence, pausing as he placed the nasal canula in place.
A grin broke across Gibbs face as his eyes fluttered shut. Noticing the direction of his gaze and the odd expression on his face, Bianca turned around and saw Tony standing in the doorway. Her eyes widened as she realized that Gibbs was staring at Tony and that he had referred to him as Tony, MyÖ Son!
Tony was staring at Gibbs in a similar state of shock. Tony Ö my Ö son! Am I his son? And then a wave of weakness flooded Tony's limbs and he realized that he was not going to be able to stand for a moment longer. Ducky noticed Bianca's distraction and looked at the door in time to see a young man collapsing in the doorway.
ìAnthony!î Ducky exclaimed in alarm, relief and dismay.
----------------------------------------------------------
What the hell's going on in there? The man in the SUV wondered as he ran his hand through his hair.
First Gibbs gets taken in and then that ME's sidekick leaves with the van. Does that mean that Gibbs is staying over with DiNozzo? Could it also mean that more agents are on their way to this clinic?
He was getting angrier as he thought that he would have to postpone getting his revenge. This was not how he had planned it. Everything was supposed to be simple. DiNozzo's death was supposed to look like an accident or a break in. And DiNozzo was supposed to die now beforeÖ. beforeÖ.
No, I will not think about that now. I need to focus on this hiccup in my plans and devise a new plan. DiNozzo must die and if I have to take out half his NCIS team to get to him then that's what I'll do. The man snarled as all traces of attractiveness left his face.
--------------------------------------------------------
McGee and Ziva were becoming more restless with each step as their search for Tony yielded nothing new. The temperature had also dropped a further 2 degrees over the last hour and it had started snowing again. Both of them were anxious about Gibbs and how badly he had been injured.
As McGee's phone rang he hoped that it was Ducky calling with an update on Gibbs' condition.
ìMcGee.î He answered.
ìTimothy if you ever want to get an invitation to share my coffin again, you will tell me that you have found Tony and that you are on your way back to me!î Abby growled.
McGee blushed as he remembered what they had managed to do in that coffin the last time he'd spent the night at Abby's place. Ziva elbowed him with raised eyebrows wondering what was going on.
McGee cleared his throat and said, ìAbby, we haven't found Tony yet. But we have sent the car, a cellphone and a sample of blood to you. You need to get back to me as soon as you've processed them.î
ìMcGee you need to hurry and find him. It's approaching 4 below zero and Tony's been out there all night.î Abby said in a chocked voice.
ìWe'll find him Abby. I promise.î McGee replied just as Palmer called out to him.
ìWhere's Gibbs?î Ziva asked as she noticed that Palmer was alone.
ìHe asked me to leave. His pretty mad and I think that Dr B, she's getting on his nerves.î Jimmy said as he reached them.
On the phone Abby heard bits and pieces of what was said, ìleave, mad, Dr B. nerves.î
ìTim, where's Gibbs and who's Dr B?î Abby asked.
At the same time Ziva asked Jimmy, ìHow bad is Gibbs hurt?î
On the phone Abby screeched, ìGibbs is HURT!!!! Oh McGee you are so dead! How could you keep this from me? Oh my God! First Tony's out there somewhere becoming an icycle and now I find out that Gibbs, my silvered haired fox, is also hurt. How badly is he hurt?î Abby shouted as tension hummed through her body.
ìAbby, calm down.î McGee tried to interrupt.
ìWhere is Gibbs? Who's taking care of him? Oh God, is he on his way back to Washington? Which hospital is he being taken to?î Abby continued.
Ziva took the phone from McGee and whistled shrilling, bring Abby's monologue to an abrupt halt.
ìGood, now let's listen to what Jimmy has to say.î Ziva chirped as she put the phone on speaker.
ìAgent Gibbs was bleeding pretty badly and he was going into shock. When he asked me to leave he looked like he was about to pass out. Dr Mallard stayed with him and I decided to see if I could help you with the search.î Jimmy said.
ìOh, ohÖî Abby started to exclaim.
ìCorn it Abby. Process the evidence we've sent to you and I promise that I will call you as soon as possible with an update on Gibbs' condition.î Ziva said and then she hung up.
ìI think you meant to say, ëcan it' and not corn it.î Jimmy corrected.
ìShe's going to hate you, you know for hanging up on her.î McGee replied.
ìNo, she'll hate you for letting me hang up on her. Now Jimmy, take us to this Dr B's clinic.î Ziva said.
ìBut Gibbs wanted us to stay with the search party.î McGee protests.
ìYes, But we need to make sure that he's okay. We can pretend that we are there to give him an update on the case.î Ziva countered.
ìBut we don't have anything new.î McGee stated the obvious.
ìI know that and you know that but Gibbs doesn't. So we'll just make something up as we go.î Ziva replied as she started to make her way back to the road, towards the van.
Damn it, Damn it, Damn it! Ziva exclaimed as she thought about how much she had come to care about these men in her team. Gibbs the patriarch. He was the glue that kept them all together and focused. He was extra special to her because he understood her and trusted her just like she trusted him.
And Tony, the oldest fratboy in the world. He was the one in their family that needed the most protection. The present case was proof of that. But he was also the one that could bring a smile to your face when you thought that you wouldn't be able to go on.
And McGee, he was like the middle child, always being pushed around and having to prove himself to the other two. But he too was special, when he exuded that calm strength and understanding which put you at ease even when you were ready to pull your hair out in frustration.
Yes, these 3 men, they are my family and God help any one who tries to mess with them, Ziva warned.
--------------------------------------------------------
Back at the Clinic, Ducky and Bianca stared at Tony as he used his uninjured hand to brace himself as he fell to the floor.
ìOh no! I told you to stay put. I promised that I would keep you safe and now.î Bianca complained as she rushed to Tony's side. Tony was breathing heavily, from exertion or from shock, he wasn't sure.
Ducky mentally shook himself as he rounded Gibbs' bed.
ìOh Anthony, we were so worried about you. We thought that you were trapped out in the cold overnight. Oh Jethro's is going to be so relieved when he gets up. And I need to call Timothy and Ziva and yes, Abigail too. She's going to be beside herself with joy.î Ducky mumbled as he approached Tony.
Bianca rolled Tony onto his back and started taking his pulse and examining his pupils. He was flushed and perspiring. She could feel that his temperature was up again. Then she saw Ducky's shadow looming over them
ìNo, stay back Dr Mallard and don't call anyone just yet. Please, justÖjust keep an eye on Agent Gibbs while I take care of this patient.î Bianca said as she tried to figure out how she was going to take care of this situation. On the one hand, she had Gibbs anesthetised and awaiting surgery. And now her other patient was on floor, running a fever and in pain.
Ducky ignored her as he crouched next to Tony. He could see the pain in his eyes, but what surprised Ducky was the lack of recognition and the Ö fear in Tony's eyes.
ìWho Ö are Ö you? Is he ... myÖ Father? Tony gasped before squeezing his eyes shut against the pain.
ìDon't you know who I am, who Jethro is?î Ducky asked with concern as he placed a comforting hand on Tony's shoulder. Tony flinched and Ducky removed his hand immediately.
ìPlease Dr Mallard. Go and check on Agent Gibbs. I'll take care of this patient and be right back.î Bianca said as she helped Tony up. Ducky ignored her and Tony, as he helped to support Tony's weight. Tony was too weak to protest and he would have likely fallen over if Ducky was not there to support him.
ìAnthony, I'm Ducky, Dr Mallard and he is Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. We work together at NCIS in Washington.î Ducky stated noting the stitches on Tony's forehead. Anthony, could you be suffering from amnesia? Ducky wondered.
Tony tried to process what this old man had said. Everything was muddled and right now the pain was taking precedence. Bianca hurriedly steered Tony toward a bed at the far side of the ER. She listened to the conversation between Ducky and Tony as she thought, yeah, how convenient that you should know ëTony' and isn't it just amazing that all of you work together at NCIS. This is just too far fetched even for me! I'll just have to keep my eye on you and Special Agent Gibbs and make sure that ëTony' is safe.
As they got Tony on to the bed, Ducky proceeded to cover him with blankets as Bianca retrieved a new IV line and saline solution. She also collected the antibiotics and prepared a shot of morphine. Then she pulled Tony's uninjured arm towards her and cleaned the trail of blood running down it to his palm. Don't you know how dangerous it is to remove an IV line like that. You could have ripped your vein open and then bled to death! Bianca wanted to shout. Instead she turned Tony's wrist over and proceeded to hook up the IV line and meds to the back of his hand. Finally she lifted the blanket and administered the morphine into Tony's right hip.
As Tony recovered his breath he looked over at Gibbs.
ìIs Ö he Ö my Ö Father?î Tony asked in a whisper.
ìHe's not your father, but Jethro loves you like a son.î Ducky said as he placed his hand on Tony's uninjured shoulder.
ìThenÖ why is he Ö trying to Ö kill me?î Tony asked as the meds started to take effect.
ìWhat?!î Ducky exclaimed, but Tony had already passed out by then.
--------------------------------------------------------
Just outside the clinic, the attractive man debated whether to leave for the day or stay and watch for another hour or two. As he prepared to start the SUV his cellphone rang. He glanced at the called ID and grimaced.
ìYeah!î he answered abruptly.
ìFred, where are you?î a young lady asked on the other side of the line.
ìI'm busy. What do you want Angie?î He asked with impatience in his voice.
ìFred, I don't want to alarm you but I'm not feeling too good.î she said in a small voice.
Fred's breath caught as he finally heard the strain in her voice.
ìAngie, is it time?î Fred anxiously asked.
ìI don't know. I've been cramping for the last hour and a half and the pain is getting worse.î Angie said as the next cramp started.
ìGet over to the hospital. I'll meet you there.î Fred said as he put the car into gear.
ìFred, wait. I'm not at home. I... I needed to get away for a while and Sarina's place, just of Freeway 74, was available. But Sarina's not here and I don't have a car. And aaahhhhhhh...î Angie gasped in pain.
ìDamn it. I told you not to leave the city.î Fred growled into the phone as he heard Angie's cry.
"I'm ... aaahhhh ... Sorry, Fred. Please help ... aaaahhhh... me!" Angie moaned.
ìOkay, okay calm down. I'm coming to get you.î Fred said as he hung up and pulled off.
He glared at the clinic in his rear view mirror and his face contorted into a mask of anger.
Anthony DiNozzo, you raped my baby sister and got her with child. Now she's is pain, about to give birth to your bastard. Well you will pay for all the pain you have put her through. You will die as your bastard is being born!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ìHow could he think that Jethro is trying to kill him?î Ducky asked Bianca as she neatened Tony's blankets and then closed the curtain around his bed.
ìWell, that's what he told me when he heard Agent Gibbs' voice.î Bianca said.
ìWhere did you find Anthony and why didn't you report it to the police?î Ducky asked as he accepted the surgical mask and gloves Bianca handed to him.
ìI'll tell you as we start working on Agent Gibbs' arm. I'm probably going to have to up his sedation or he'll wake up while I'm still stitching or casting that arm.î Bianca replied as she prepared and administered another injection.
They worked on Gibbs for close on 30 minutes and Bianca explained how she had found Tony and how she had managed to get him to the clinic all alone. Ducky's respect for her increased as she spoke and then upon seeing her work on Gibbs' arm he was even more impressed. Once the arm was sutured and wrapped, Ducky helped Bianca to wrap Gibbs' bruised ribs.
ìDr Mallard, I can handle placing the cast on his arm. Could I ask you to do me a huge favour?î Bianca asked.
ìSure my dear.î Ducky said as he removed the gloves and the surgical mask.
ìIf you go down that collidor on the right, you'll come out at my kitchen. On the fridge you will find a number for Daniella. Could you please call her and ask her to prepare 12 meal packs for me and to deliver them within the next hour.î Bianca asked as she worked on Gibbs' arm.
ìThat's a good idea. I am feeling a bit peckish myself.î Ducky replied as he made his way out of the room.
Bianca concentrated on setting the cast in place. She moved her hands rhythmically and gently. When she was done, she placed Gibbs' arm on a pillow and waited for the cast to set. After washing her hands, Bianca moved back to Gibbs' side.
She ran her hand lightly over his head, as she once again observed that he was a very attractive man.
------------------------------------------------
As Ducky made his way back to the ER, the door to the entrance of the clinic opened.
ìZiva, Gibbs is not going to like this.î McGee insisted.
ìI think McGee's right.î Jimmy said as he hung back.
ìMen argh! And they call us the weaker sex. You can blame me. You can tell Gibbs that I forced you to bring me here at gunpoint. Okay? But you have to admit that you are just as worried about him as I am and it is killing you not knowing how badly his been hurt.î Ziva growled.
ìNo one is disputing that we are worried about himÖ.î McGee started to say, surprised by Ziva's show of emotion.
ìTimothy, Ziva, Mr Palmer.î Ducky said as he looked at each of them. They were covered in snowflakes and they looked a bit embarrassed at having Ducky overhear their conversation.
ìDr Mallard, how is Agent Gibbs?î Jimmy asked.
ìWhere is he?î McGee asked.
ìCan we see him?î Ziva asked.
Ducky smiled at the concern on their faces and thought, Jethro, you've got a really good team here. A team that's loyal and committed and a team that cares deeply for you and each other.
ìDr B. is just finishing up with Jethro at the moment. They are in that room on the far right and yes, you can see Jethro as soon as she's done with him. Oh and I have some wonderful news. Anthony is here and he is okay.î Ducky concluded.
ìWhat?î ìHow?î ìWhen?î Everybody started talking at once as relieve washed over them.
ìLet us make our way to the kitchen and I'll tell you everything I know.î Ducky smiled.
When he got to the kitchen he put on a fresh pot of coffee and brewed a strong cup of tea for himself before informing the agents of what had happened to Tony.
------------------------------------------------
Back in the ER, Bianca continued to caress Gibbs brow.
Oh Bianca, get a grip before you start drooling all over this gorgeous man! She warned herself.
ìIt's time to wake up, Agent Gibbs.î Bianca said as she let her hand linger in his hair for a moment longer.
Then she moved her hand to his cheek and tapped it lightly as she said, ìAgent Gibbs, Jethro, can you hear me? It's time to wake up.î
Gibbs felt the warm hand on his cheek and the irritating whisper insisting that it was time to wake up. But all he wanted to do was continue to float in the dark void, free from pain and obstacles and decisions. As the voice became louder the tapping on his cheek became harder. Gibbs wanted to push that irritating hand away, but his limbs refused to obey him. In addition his arm felt like it was caught in a vice and pain radiated up and down it.
ìJethro, you need to wake up!î Bianca said as she started to become concerned about his lack of response.
Could the anaesthetic have had an adverse effect on you? But your vitals were stable throughout the procedure. Damn it, wake up! Bianca moaned as she slapped his cheek harder.
Gibbs awoke with a start and groaned as the pain in his arm multiplied exponentially. His torso also felt tight and restricted. Then he noticed that he was shivering, from pain or cold or a combination of the two, he was not sure.
ìAgent Gibbs, are you with me?î Bianca asked as she shone a touch in his eyes. His pupils although a bit sluggish, were responsive.
ìHow many fingers am I holding up?î Bianca asked.
ìSsshhh, threeÖ.î Gibbs shivered as his eyes started to roll shut.
ìNo, no, no Ö stay with me. Do you know who I am?î Bianca asked as her hand was on his cheek again. Gibbs' eyes flew open again. He looked at her with what he hoped was his usual glare.
ìCome on, who am I?î Bianca prompted noting the puzzled look on Gibbs' face.
ì Dr B. ssshhh. What ssshhhh Ö ?î Gibbs whispered as he instinctively reached for his injured arm while squeezing his eyes shut.
ìWe've stitched your arm and I'm waiting for the cast to set. I'm going to give you something for the pain right now.î Bianca replied as she picked up a syringe from the surgical trolley next to her.
ìIt's going to sting a bit.î She said as she lifted the blanket at his side. She unfastened his pants and gingerly pulled it down. Then she administered the shot into his hip causing Gibbs to cringe and try to pull away as the dark, fiery liquid invaded his body.
Gibbs closed his eyes as Bianca removed the needle. Then he felt his blanket's being lifted and her hands were on the waist of his pants.
ìI'm flattered but ... ssshhh ... I don't think that I'll be ... ssshhh ... much fun right now.î Gibbs whispered with a lopsided grin on his face. Bianca looked at Gibbs and decided that he looked adorable with his hair in disarray and that silly grin on his face.
ìOh, that's such a pity because I was sure that I could make you feel better.î Bianca smiled sweetly as Gibbs looked at her and swallowed. The pain meds were starting to work and Bianca's warm hands on his bare hips were starting to send interesting sensations through his body.
ìOkay sweetie, lift your hips for me so I can get these restrictive pants off. Usually I keep my patients naked in bed, but for you I'll go and get a nice, warm gown." Bianca smiled as she pulled his pants off. Bianca knew that his body was still reacting to the anaesthetic and sedatives and she decided that she better hurry this along before she embarrassed him and herself.
Gibbs closed his eyes as he felt Bianca's warm hands run down his legs. When her hands were no longer touching him, he opened his eyes looking for her. He saw her rummaging through a cupboard and as soon as she turned back to him, he closed his eyes again. She helped him into the gown and then placed his arm in a sling.
As she was about to turn away, Gibbs suddenly remembered something. Despite the intense pain it caused him, he pulled himself up and grabbed her upper arm with his uninjured hand. He forcefully pulled her towards himself, making her cry out in pain.
"Ouch! Gibbs what is it?" Bianca asked, shocked by the strength in his hand. As she tried to pull away his grip tightened, bruising her flesh and making her cry out again.
"Where is Tony? What have you done to him?" Gibbs growled at Bianca, all traces of humour gone from his eyes.
------------------------------------------------------------------
In the kitchen Ducky finished his story forgetting to mention Tony's amnesia. Just then McGee's phone started ringing.
ìMcGee.î He answered.
ìHow is Gibbs and don't you dare let Ziva hang up on me again.î Abby growled.
ìGibbs is fine, he had a hairline fracture in his left arm and a few bruised ribs. And AbbyÖî McGee tried to say.
ìGood!î Abby sighed. ìMcGee the cell phone you sent me belongs to ..î Abby continued.
ì Dr Bianca Shore.î McGee finished.
ìBut.. But how did you know?î Abby asked, hating having her thunder stolen like that.
ìBecause she's the Doctor who found Tony and saved his life. She's also the doctor who took care of Gibbs' arm.î McGee finished.
ìTony, you've found Tony. When and why didn't you call me immediately? How is he? Oh Gibbs must be so thrilled.î Abby gushed with relief.
McGee filled Abby in on everything that he knew. Abby promised to process the car and to get back to him with a report ASAP. But she also made him promise to call her as soon as Gibbs and Tony were awake. McGee smiled at the joy in her voice as he hung up.
-------------------------------------------------------------
ìGibbs, LET ME GO!î Bianca shouted out as she was sure that he was about to snap her arm.
At the same time Ducky and the rest of the team were making their way back to the reception area of the clinic. Upon hearing Bianca's cry of pain, everyone rushed into the ER.
ìJethro let Dr B go. What's the matter with you? You usually come out of anesthesia in a disorientated but humorous mood. But I've never known you to become violent!î Ducky admonished as he rushed towards the bed.
McGee and Ziva approached Gibbs from the other side of the bed. Ziva reached over and placed her hand on top of Gibbs'. Then she applied a measured amount pressure, causing Gibbs' fingers to unfurl involuntarily. Unfortunately, Bianca was trying so hard to pull away from Gibbs that as soon as his hold loosened, she went flying across the room. Her momentum caused her to ram into the counter behind her, opening up the cut on her leg. As Bianca sank to the floor she didn't know whether to cradle her badly bruised arm or hold onto her now bleeding leg.
Gibbs on the other hand, sank back onto the bed, exhausted and confused.
ìBoss, you okay?î McGee asked, worry marring his features. Ziva also frowned at the expression on Gibbs' face.
Gibbs tried to focus on McGee and then on Ziva. He wanted to ask them what was going on, but for some reason he couldn't seem to form the words.
Where's Tony and why's Palmer here? He wondered as he looked around the room feeling dazed.
He was surprised to see Bianca on the floor.
Why is she frowning like she's in pain? He wondered.
He couldn't understand what had just happened. One minute he was flirting with Dr B and in the next she was on the floor, in pain.
Why? He pondered as darkness closed around him.
ìArghh!!!î Bianca moaned as she took stock of her injuries. Her arm was numb with pain and her leg was pulsating in time with her erratic heart beat. In addition to that her she was sure that her backside was bruised.
ìAre you okay, dear?î Ducky asked as he approached Bianca.
Ziva neatened Gibbs' blankets before following McGee and Palmer to Bianca's side.
ìWhat happened? Why did Gibbs attack you like that?î Ziva asked as Ducky kneeled next to Bianca.
"I don't..." Bianca tried to say as she worked on getting her emotions under control.
ìDucky, her leg's bleeding.î McGee swallowed as a wave of nausea rushed through his system at the sight of the blood on the floor. Bianca looked at her leg and then at everyone standing around her and staring at her. That shook her out of her shock and she pushed herself up to her feet as quickly as she could. Ziva supported her on one side as she limped towards a chair.
As she sat down, Ducky instructed Palmer to get a few surgical dressings and a suturing kit from the cupboard on the far side of the room. McGee paled as he saw the suturing kit with its various needles and blades.
ìZiva, apply pressure to that cut while I get these gloves on.î Ducky ordered.
ìDr Mallard, I can handle this Ö.î Bianca tried to say. But Ziva's hand clamping on her injury sent shooting pain up and down her leg, which made any further protest impossible.
ìI have no doubt that you can handle this. But seeing as I am here, let me take care of it for you.î Ducky said as he approached Bianca.
Bianca was tense and shaken up, though she would never admit it out loud. Gibbs' hold on her had terrified her, bringing up a few memories from her past which she was sure had been dealt with and were long buried.
As Ducky took a hold of her leg, she flinched startling him, Ziva and herself.
ìAre you okay, Bianca?î Ducky asked with concern. Ziva could feel the tension in the Dr B's body and she was sure that the expression Bianca was trying to cover up was one of fear.
Bianca looked from Ducky to Ziva wondering how much of her emotions they had picked up on. Then she smiled and said in as normal a voice as possible, ìIt's just a bit tender, and I'm Ö I'm used to treating myself.î
She noted the questioning looks on Ducky and Ziva's faces before she closed her eyes and forced herself to relax by taking a deep breath.
Ducky and Ziva could sense that there was more to this than Bianca was letting on, but neither of them wanted to push her for answers.
ìZiva, Timothy, move Jethro and Tony to one of the rooms further down the hall and Mr. Palmer, would you mind cleaning the ER, while I attend to Dr B's injuries.î Ducky said instead.
Everyone moved to do as ordered. McGee and Ziva made their way to Tony's bed both anxious to see that he was indeed okay. The sight of the cast on his arm was a shock to Ziva even though she suspected that he must have been hurt. McGee was relieved to see that Tony had some colour in his cheeks. That was until he realized that the redness on his cheeks was as a result of the fever raging in his body. Ziva realized the same thing at the same time. They looked at each other sharply and silently communicated that Tony would be okay. He had to be. Then they wheeled him out of the room.
When they returned for Gibbs, Ducky was busy cleaning the wound on Bianca's leg. McGee swallowed at the sight of the bloody swabs on the trolley next to her and Ziva elbowed him with a warning in her eyes.
Don't you even think about fainting!
McGee looked away as he tried to compose himself. Bianca in the mean time tried her best not to cringe and moan out, because it hurt like hell. McGee looked at her apologetically as he wheeled Gibbs out of the room.
Then the reception door opened and a woman called out.
ìHey Bianca, I'm going to leave your order in the kitchen. It looks like we're in for another blizzard and I want to get home before that.î Daniella called out.
ìThanks Daniella.î Bianca called back and then she gasped as Ducky proceeded to suture the open wound on her leg. Once he was done with her leg, he moved to her side and lifted the sleeve of her top out of the way.
ìGood grieve!î Ducky exclaimed causing Mr. Palmer to look up and stare at Bianca's arm.
ìOh, it's not that bad Dr Mallard.î Bianca lied as she looked at her arm. The bruise reminded her of other bruises from another time in her life and she shivered as she tries to push those memories away.
ìMr. Palmer, get me some ice. Hurry, her arm's already starting to swell.î Ducky ordered.
ìDr Mallard, you're making a big deeeeÖ. Ow!î Bianca growled in pain as Ducky prodded and poked her arm.
ìSorry about that. The ice should sooth it though I'm sure you know that it's going to hurt quiet a bit before you feel any relief.î Ducky said.
Bianca was ordered to relax for the next hour as Ducky monitored the swelling and bruising on her arm. It was already an ugly purplish blue with red streaks and every time Bianca looked at it she was transported back in time to a place filled with hate and pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Later that day as the team ate lunch in the kitchen, Gibbs started to come awake. At first he was baffled about where he was and what had happened. Then everything came back to him with crystal clarity.
ìTony!î Gibbs gasped in anguish as he failed to hold back the tears running down his cheeks. Then he became aware of a second presence in the room. He turned his head slowly to his right and gasped again.
But this time it was in disbelief because lying in the bed next to him was none other then his ... his Ö
Tony chose that moment to turn his head in his sleep. Gibbs smiled as the tears of relief continued to roll down his cheeks. Then he pushed himself up from the bed and sat on the edge of it as he stared at Tony.
ìThank God, you're okay, DiNozzo. God, you don't have any idea what I've been through thinking that I had lost you! And if you ever do this to me again I'll kill you!î Gibbs said with a grin on his face as he slowly got to his feet.
The pain in his body could not deter Gibbs from reaching out to Tony. Luckily their beds were really close to each other and Gibbs didn't have too far to go. As he reached Tony's side he smiled and laid a hand on his forehead, moving his hair off his brow. Gibbs stared at this young man, who in 5 short years had become such an integral part of his life. Emotions long denied and well hidden flowed freely through Gibbs body and there was not way he could hold back any longer.
ìTony Ö youÖ you mean so much to me. Damn it Tony, I couldn't bear it if I had to lose you. Don't you know how important you are to me?î Gibbs questioned. Tony heard a voice speaking to him and drawing him out of his sleep.
ìYou're the Ö. kid Ö the Ö.son Ö. I've always dreamed of having. You give me purpose Ö a reason to keep going. I know that I push you too hard, Ö. but damn it, Ö. It's because I want you to be the best and I need to know Ö that you are strong enough Ö and fast enough to survive Ö whatever this world throws at you.î Gibbs growled as he held onto Tony's hand.
He willed Tony to hear him and to understand him and yet he was terrified of how Tony would react. Would Tony accept him or reject him. Tony came more awake and felt the pressure on his hand and then his forehead. He heard the emotion in the voice whispering to him. But he couldn't make out the word being said as they were being said so quickly and so softly.
ìTony,î Gibbs whispered as his eyes filled with tears again.
ìTony, I careÖ no, I Ö I love you, son!î Gibbs sobbed as he pulled Tony's hand towards his lips. Tony came fully awake at this. He looked at the man standing over him, puzzled and intrigued.
ìI love you, my boy!î Gibbs whispered again, before placing a light fatherly kiss on Tony's knuckles.
ìDad?!î Tony hesitantly whispered, as he squeezed Gibbs' hand.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Fred drove as fast as he dared. The weather had deteriorated and the blizzard that was threatening all morning had finally arrived. As soon as Fred got to Sarina's cabin he pulled the SUV to an abrupt halt and jumped out of the car. He turned his collar up in an effort to ward off the snow and chill as he raced to the front door of the cabin.
ìAngie!î Fred shouted as he banged on the front door. When he received no answer he slammed his shoulder into the door and forced it open.
ìAngie, where are you?î Fred called out with a trace of fear in his voice.
ìFred, argh!î Angie's weak voice filtered through the cabin. Fred raced towards the bedroom at the back of the cabin and stopped dead in his tracks as his eyes settled on his little sister.
ìAngie, how far along are you?î He asked in a shaky voice. Angie was lying on her side, her skin covered in perspiration and her face contorted in pain.
ìI don't know. The contractions are about 8 minutes apart and Ö and I think my water just broke.î She said as she looked at down at the crotch of her pants which was wet.
Fred closed his eyes as he felt anger and hatred for one Anthony DiNozzo rising within him. As Angie whimpered, Fred opened his eyes and admitted that he needed to focus on helping his sister now.
I'll take care of DiNozzo once I know that Angie and the baby are okay, he decided.
He approached his sister and said as calmly as he could, ìIts okay, honey. Everything is going to be okay. Let me get you some dry clothes. Once you've changed I'm going to drive you to Washington Gen. I'll try to call ahead so that Doc Bennett will know that we're on our way.î
ìThanks Fred. I don't know how I'd be able to get through this is you weren't here.î Angie sobbed as she slowly sat up on the bed and hugged her brother. Fred hugged her back tightly, trying to reassure her. Then he pushed her back and tapped her lightly on her chin, just the way he used to when they were kids. Angie smiled at him and kissed him on his cheek.
ìOkay we need to get moving before that storm out there gets worse.î Fred said as he made his way to Angie's suitcase which was lying on the floor next to the bed. He rummaged through it until he found another pants, a sweater as well as clean underwear. He handed these to Angie and then helped her to the bathroom.
Angie changed her clothes as quickly as she could. Then she washed her face and combed her hair. Before leaving the bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. She ran her hand over her stomach as she thought I will make your father acknowledge you and give you what's due to you. I promise! And then I will tell Fred and the rest of the family who he is.
Tears started clouding her vision again as the next contraction started ripping through her body.
Anthony, how could you do this to me when I need you so badly? God, it hurts so much!
ìAngie honey, are you okay? Do you need help?î Fred asked as he heard her gasp of pain.
ìFredÖaaammmm.î Angie moaned as she opened the door squeezed her eyes shut while panting in pain.
ìShhh, just breathe, that's it. It will pass in a second. That's a good girl.î Fred guided and praised her as he placed his arms around her and supported her through the worst of the contraction.
As soon as the contraction had passed and Angie was able to stand up straight again, Fred grabbed her jacket and helped her into it. Then he grabbed her bag and wrapped an arm around her as he led her out to the SUV.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Back at the clinic, Gibbs' eyes flew to Tony's face as he heard the softly whispered word, ìDad!î
Tony stared up at Gibbs waiting for a response, their hands still clasped together. Tony looked as vulnerable as Gibbs felt. When a frown started marring Tony's brow, Gibbs suddenly felt self conscious and he started withdrawing, reigning in what he considered were his wayward emotions.
Damn it, those meds must have messed with my brain! DiNozzo's never going to let me forget that I stood over him, holding his hand while sobbing like a baby.
Gibbs released Tony's hand abruptly and moved back to his bed just as Ducky walked into the room. Ducky could clearly see that something significant had just happened between these two men. Tony looked confused and apprehensive. Gibbs' eyes were bloodshot as a bit of moisture clung to his eyelashes. Gibbs got into his bed and cradled his aching arm, totally ignoring Ducky and Tony.
ìJethro, Anthony, are you two okay?î Ducky asked as he looked from one to the other. Gibbs cleared his throat as he looked away and replied in a thick voice, ìFine!î
ìIs my name Jethro or Anthony? And is he my Father?î Tony asked as he sat up slowly on the bed. Gibbs turned around and looked at him sharply.
ìWhat are you trying to pull, DiNozzo? You know exactly who I am and who you are!î Gibbs growled, wondering what the hell Tony was up to.
ìYou are Anthony and he is Jethro. He isÖî Ducky stated to say just as Ziva and McGee walked into the room.
Upon seeing them, Tony's face paled and his breathing became harsh.
ìI'm going to enjoy demonstrating my skills of how to kill a man without leaving a mark on his bodyî
ìWhen can I start, Boss?î
ìI want to watch him suffer!î
Tony looked from Ziva and McGee to Gibbs and back. Gibbs and Ducky noticed his distress and Gibbs was starting to loose patience with him.
ìDiNozzo, what the hell do you think you're doing?î Gibbs growled as he glared at Tony, who was in the process of getting off his bed. Tony ignored him as he continued to stare at Ziva and McGee.
ìTony, you really shouldn't be out of bed. You need to rest and you know it's not good to upset an already upset Gibbs.î Ziva chirped, earning a glare from Gibbs and a smirk from Ducky. McGee also grinned until Gibbs glared at him.
Tony looked terrified as he backed away to the window, ignoring the pain and the pull on his IV line. The old English Doctor was talking to him, but the words were muffled. All Tony could think about was I need to run! In need to get away. They're going to kill me! But how am I going to get out of here?
Ziva and McGee were puzzled by the fear on Tony's face. As Ziva started to approach Tony, he looked frantically around himself and started opening drawers behind him.
ìTony, what's wrong?î McGee asked as he also started approaching Tony.
Tony grabbed a scalpel from the drawer behind him and pointed it at Ziva.
ìSTAY AWAY FROM ME!î Tony warned as he waved the knife between McGee and Ziva. Gibbs sat up on his bed and stared in disbelief at Tony.
ìDiNozzo put the knife down!î Gibbs ordered as he stood up what the hell's wrong with you Tony?
ìAnthony calm down.î Ducky said as he walked around McGee and Ziva and started approaching Tony. Tony was starting to tire as he was standing on his uninjured leg. He had also stretched his IV line to the limit and as he jerked to face Ducky, the IV needle was ripped out of the back of his hand.
Bianca walked into the room and upon seeing a terrified, bleeding and armed Tony, she immediately took action.
ìYou three, out of here NOW!î she ordered as she pointed at Ziva, McGee and Ducky.
They just stared at her as if she had lost her mind.
ìAre you deaf? I said MOVE!î She shouted as she pushed McGee and then Ziva away. Ducky followed the two younger agents towards the door but all of them waited in the doorway.
Gibbs just stared at Bianca noting that she was favouring her right leg. She also seemed to be supporting her left arm. She approached Tony slowly as she ignored the rest of the people in the room.
ìMister, put the knife down. You now you can trust me. Come on.î Bianca said in a calm but commanding voice.
ìThey're going to kill me!î Tony said as he waved the knife dangerously close to Bianca's chest. Gibbs was stunned by what Tony had just said. Ziva swore in Hebrew and McGee's jaw just dropped open.
ìDiNozzo what the hell Ö.î Gibbs growled.
ìOh, I should have toldÖî Ducky started to say.
ìEveryone, SHUT UP!î Bianca shouted as she glared at Gibbs and the other three NCIS members standing at the door.
Then she drew a sharp breath as she said again, ìNo one's going to hurt you. I won't let them. You know you can trust me. I found you and I brought you here. I saved your life! Now please Ö please just give me the knife.î
Tony looked from Bianca to the rest of the people in the room. He noted the concern and confusion in their eyes and then he looked at Gibbs. Gibbs looked back, holding his gaze steady.
ìListen to her Tony. No one's going to hurt you.î Gibbs said in a calm yet commanding voice.
Tony was starting to feel weak and he knew that he would not be able to stand for much longer. Also his hand was now coated in his blood and it wasn't so easy to hold onto the scalpel. He looked at Bianca and she nodded her head as she extended her hand to receive the scalpel.
As Tony handed it to her, he collapsed to the ground.
------------------------------------------------------------------
ìTony! God Damn it.î Gibbs shouted as Tony's eyes rolled shut and he started to fall.

Bianca reached out for Tony and despite the pain in her arm she was able grab a hold of him and eased him down to the ground.

At least you didn't knock your head or jar any of your other injuries. What the hell could you have been thinking, getting out of bed like that? Bianca thought as pain pulsated up her arm.

Ziva, McGee and Ducky rushed forward, around Gibbs' bed as Gibbs leaned over Tony's bed to get a better look at his senior field agent.

ìHelp me get him back onto the bed and apply pressure to his hand, before he loses more blood.î Bianca ordered as she stood up.
McGee and Ziva did as instructed while Bianca placed the bloody scalpel on the counter behind her. Once Tony was on the bed, Bianca took his pulse and checked his vital signs. At the same time Ducky cleaned and dressed the wound on Tony's hand. Bianca then got another IV line, this time hooking it up to the back of Tony's injured hand. She reasoned that since this hand was in a cast, it was unlikely that he would move it around too much.

ìIs he going to be okay?î McGee asked the question that was on everyone's lips.
ìYes. He collapsed as a result of weakness and possibly a drop in blood pressure.î Ducky said as he looked at the blood pressure monitor.

ìYep, his BP's 85 over 55. If it doesn't increase in the next 10 minutes, I'm going to have to give him 10cc of Effortil to push it up. And then I'm going to strap him down to this bed to stop him from getting up and injuring himself again.î Bianca stated as she squeezed her eyes shut and held onto her aching arm.

ìWhat the hell is wrong with your arm and what's going on with DiNozzo? Why doesn't he know who he is and why does he think that we're trying to kill him?î Gibbs growled noting the expression of pain flashing across Bianca's face.

ìDon't tell us that all those smacks to the back of his head, has finally led to some kind of brain problem.î Ziva grumbled as she pulled Tony's blankets up to his chin.

ìI hurt my arm when I was standing too close to you and you decided to become violent. And what smacks to the head is she talking about? Has someone been abusing him?î Bianca asked as she pulled herself together and tried to ignore the pain in her arm and leg. She decided to occupy herself by grabbing a hand towel from a cupboard and cleaning Tony's blood from the floor. Ziva helped her do this as McGee looked away swallowing down the bile that was lodged in his throat.

ìMe? Becoming violent? WhatÖî Gibbs growled, totally confused.
ìGibbs usually smacks Tony Ö.î McGee started to say at the same time.

ìGibbs, you hit him!î Bianca gasped as she stood up and stared at Gibbs. Gibbs stared back not at all comfortable with her looking at him like that.
Just who the hell do you think you are looking at me like that and judging my methods? And how dare you accuse me of becoming violent. Gibbs wanted to shout but he said nothing and just glared at Bianca while the rest of the NCIS team remained quiet.

Bianca just shook her head and then her eyes widened in realization.
ìNo wonder he thinks you're trying to kill. I mean you almost snapped my arm so you definitely have violent tendencies. In his current confused state, Tony's mind is pulling together jumbled bit of information. You probably shouted or hit him just before the accident and as a result of the amnesia, he now sees you as the enemy.î Bianca stated. Gibbs looked at Ducky who met his gaze with a stern expression on his face.

AMNESIA! Could what I said, have affected Tony so much! Bloody hell did he get into the accident because of what I said. Gibbs cursed as he looked away from Ducky.

ìAmnesia?!î McGee and Ziva exclaimed together.
ìOnly Tony would be so stubborn to go out in a blizzard to retrieve a forgotten sketch pad and in the process loose his mind.î Jimmy chuckled. Everyone turned and stared at him and that was when he realized what he had just said.
ìI'm Ö I mean Ö I Ö Sorry.î He stuttered as he rushed out of the room.

Bianca checked on Tony's vital signs one more time before cradling her arm and ordering, ìI want all of you out of here. You can take Agent Gibbs into the room two doors down. And don't you, any of you, dare try to see Tony or Anthony or whatever his name is, without my permission.î

ìHe is my senior field agent! I don't need your permission to see him. Hell, I don't even need his permission to see him! I'll stay with him if I want to and you'll see what happens to you if you try to stop me.î Gibbs warned.

Bianca physically backed away as her mind regressed to a different time and a different place.

Bitch, you will do as I say and if you don't you just wait and see what I'll do to you! And this time I won't be gentle and I promise it will hurt I hell. Now get over here and remove your clothes!

ìBianca?î Ducky asked as he noted that all colour had draining from her face.

ìNo!î Bianca whispered as she squeezed her eyes shut. Then she took a deep, shaky breathe as she snapped out of it. She opened her eyes and stared at Gibbs like as if she had never seen him before.

What the hell's wrong with you lady? Gibbs wondered.

Bianca continued to stare at Gibbs and then she said in no more than a whisper, ìHe is my patient and I will protect him from you and anyone else if I have to. Don't push me because you have no idea who you're dealing with.î
Then she walked out of the room without a second glance.

McGee and Ziva stared at the door in shock because no one ever talked to Gibbs like that and got away with it. Then they stole a glance at Gibbs.

He glared at them and shouted, ìMcGee, Ziva check in with Abby.î
ìOn it Boss.î McGee replied as he and Ziva left the room.

ìDucky, we need to talk.î Gibbs said as he grabbed a hold of his IV stand and started to walk out of the room. Ducky followed him out without saying a word.

Bianca rushed to her bedroom as her breathing became more erratic.
I stood up to him. He can't hurt me or Tony, Anthony. I'm stronger now. No one will ever be able to hurt me. I won't let them. I won't.

She repeated these words to herself as tears rolled down her cheeks. She went into her bathroom and lifted her sweat shirt. Below her right breast was an ugly jagged scar. It was a remainder of what she had been through and as she looked at it she vowed No one will ever hurt me again. No one!

Then she took out a few pills, painkillers and anti inflammatories, from the bathroom cabinet. She downed them with a glass of water before going and lying down on her bed.

-------------------------------------

Gibbs and Ducky entered the room next to Tony's and Gibbs demanded, ìWhat the hell did I do to her?î

ìYou attacked her when you came out of anaesthesia. You held onto her arm so tightly that you could have literally broken it. Ziva applied pressure to your hand to get you to release her. When you did her momentum drove her into the cupboard behind her and she opened up a wound on her leg that required stitches.î Ducky said in a calm, controlled voice.

Gibbs stared at him and said, ìCome again, Ducky. Did you just say that I attacked Öî

Gibbs' question was brought to an abrupt halt as McGee rushed into the room and said, ìBoss, Abby needs to speak to you.î
Gibbs glared at him for the interruption even as he grabbed the phone from his hand.

ìYeh Abs. What is it?î He growled.
ìAre you okay? Does it hurt much? Oh Gibbs I was so worried! First Tony and then you, my silver haired fox andÖî Abby rambled.
ìAbby! What have you got for me?î Gibbs growled loosing all patience.

ìOkay. You don't have to be so grumpy with me. What I have, you are not going to like. But I have to tell you, else you'llÖî Abby was saying.

ìAbby, get to the point!î Gibbs demanded as he sat down on the bed. His arm and ribs were aching and he could feel a head ache building behind his eyes.

ìI found a 220 Howell, 0.224 calibre bullet lodged in the left rear wheel rim. This is a popular bullet used in a Safari 550 hunting rifle. I have managed to lift a partial print from the base of the bullet and I'm running it through AFIS as we speak.î Abby stated and then she moved the phone away from her ear.

ìSon of a bitch! Some one is trying to kill Tony.î Gibbs shouted in fury.

------------------------------------------------------
Chapter End Notes:
This story is being updated on fanfiction.net
Please review and let me know what you think about it. Thanks.