- Text Size +
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca was practically hyper-ventilating by the time she got to her bedroom. She closed the door behind her and sank to floor gasping for breathe as tears rolled down her face.

It took her a few minutes to get her breathing under control and the only way she was able to do this was by repeating, "Jason's dead… Jason's dead…Jason's dead…I killed him!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Fred got back to Angie's room, he found her in the grips of another powerful contraction.

"Fred…Get the Doctor!" Angie cried out as she couldn't resist the urge to push any longer.

"Angie, just hang in there. I'll get Dr B right away." Fred said as he left her room, panic and fear racing through his body.

As he entered the collidor he found the old ME standing outside Anthony DiNozzo's room.

I have to stop him from going in there! Fred mentally growled.

"Dr Mallard, Angie's contractions are getting worse. Please can you get Dr B? I think it's almost time!" Fred said in a frantic voice.

Ducky moved away from Tony's room and replied, "Go back to your sister. I'll get Bianca and we'll be back in a moment."

"Thank you." Fred said in relief as he went back to his sister's room. He kept an eye on Dr Mallard as he moved down the collidor to the back of the clinic.

That was too close. If he had looked in on DiNozzo, he would have felt the cold and he might have seen the blood. Fred thought .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbs spent a long time thinking about Bianca and her reaction, hot and passionate the one moment and terrified and fleeing the next. He also analysed his reaction to her and the simple answer was that he liked her, really liked her and he was more then sexually attracted to her.

Then he thought about Tony and how close he had come to losing him. He was frustrated that they were trapped out here in the middle of nowhere and that they couldn't go on with the investigation.

I'm sure Abs will have something for us as soon as the lines are back up. Tony, we'll get the bastard that's behind this and I'll make him pay. No one messes with my family and gets away with it. No one!

Gibbs felt a desperate need to see Tony, to make sure that he was okay. But first he needed to answer nature's call. As an afterthought he realised that he was starving. He had not eaten anything all day and it was already after midnight.

He got out of bed slowly and wrapped his gown more securely around himself. Then he took a hold of his IV stand and made his way to the door. His side was throbbing but Gibbs decided to ignore the pain. He was however realistic enough to realise that he would not be able to move around indefinitely. So he decided to go to the bathroom first, then to the kitchen to get a bite to eat and then he would spend the rest of the night at Tony's side.

Outside his door he heard running feet and the sound of a woman crying out in pain.

Oh yeah, Fred and his sister are here too, Gibbs realized that he had forgotten all about them.

As Gibbs made his way to the back of the clinic, he wondered where McGee and Ziva were. After relieving himself, he went to the kitchen and was surprised to find a lasagne and salad on the table. The smell of coffee was also most welcome. Gibbs poured himself a cup. Then he spooned a generous amount of lasagne into his plate and warmed it in the microwave, before sitting down at the table and eating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Angie, I need you to lie on your back. That's it, honey. I'm going to have a look, okay?" Bianca said as she sat down on a stool at the base of the bed. She had calmed down by the time Ducky came to call her. And now she pushed Jason and Gibbs out of her mind as she focused on Angie.

Ducky moved to Angie's side and patted her hand in a very fatherly gesture. Fred stood on the other side of the bed and caressed Angie's cheek as he moved her hair away from her face.

"Angie, you're almost there honey." Bianca replied noting that Angie was 9 cm's dilated.

"Here's another one. I feel like pushing, aaaahhhh." Angie cried out.

"Hang on Angie. I'm going to give you that anaesthetic we spoke about earlier. And then I'm to have to make a small incision to prevent you from tearing." Bianca said as she rolled towards the cupboard behind her and prepared the syringe. She injected Angie and waited for a few minutes.

"I'm numb!" Angie said in wonder.

"Good." Bianca said as she removed a scalpel from it's packaging and proceeded to make a small incision in Angie's vaginal wall.

"Mmmmm" Angie said as she tensed.

"What is it, honey?" Bianca asked as she saw Angie's stomach muscles contracting.

"Pressure, should I push now?" Angie asked, feeling weird. There was no pain but everything felt tight and heavy.

Bianca took a look and said, "Yes push, but gently okay."

Angie groaned out as she pushed. Fred moved in to sit behind her and supported her back as he placed a hand on her stomach. Ducky in the meantime went to the cupboard and retrieved a towel and two blankets. He also found an infant nasal aspirator.

"Ducky the umbilical clamp cutter is in the third draw on the right. Okay Angie, relax for a second. You're doing really great honey. The next contraction will follow within a minute or two and your baby will be born within the next half an hour." Bianca crooned as she patted Angie's knee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Down the collidor, one Anthony DiNozzo was shivering uncontrollably. He moaned out softly in his semi-conscious state wondering why he felt like he was floating and then falling. At the same time visions flashed through his mind.

"DiNozzo!" Gibbs growled at him.

Driving too fast, where am I going?

Stupid Probie mistake!

Losing control of the car!

PAIN!!!!!

"Argh…ssshhhhh… Boss … need you!" Tony mumbled in a state of delirium. And then he slipped into a cold, dark world filled with intense pain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angie cried out loudly as she pushed for the third time and the baby's head finally appeared.

Her cries brought McGee and Ziva out of their sleep and Ziva sat up abruptly, surprised that she had been lying on McGee's lap. Her body was stiff and her neck was a bit tender from the angle she had been sleeping in.

McGee didn't seem to notice her surprise as he stood up and stretched. Both of them noticed that the storm was clearing. McGee tried his phone and sighed when he found that the lines were still down.

"I'm going to check on Gibbs." McGee said as he walked to the collidor.

"I'll check on Tony." Ziva yawned as she followed McGee out of the reception area.

As they passed Angie's room, they saw Gibbs walking down the collidor towards them.

And then they heard the gusty cries of a baby float out of Angie's room.

Gibbs shook his head as a soft grin touched his lips. Ziva and McGee were surprised as they had never heard just how loudly a new born could cry.

"Is that baby okay?" McGee asked.

"Yeah, those cries are the best indication that he or she is okay." Gibbs replied.

"Gibbs shouldn't you be resting in bed?" Ziva asked as she noticed how he was favouring his side.

Gibbs just glared at her as he made his way down the collidor. Instead of turning towards his room, he turned towards Tony's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angie couldn't stop the tears of joy rolling down her cheeks as Bianca handed her, her beautiful baby girl. The little girl's dark hair and green eyes were just like her father's and she was healthy at 5 pounds 9 ounces.

Fred was amazed by the sight of this previous, soft and almost transparent being that now lay against his sister's chest. Bianca and Ducky grinned at each other, both of them relieved that Angie and her baby were doing well. Bianca proceeded to stitch Angie and make her comfortable as they waited for the placenta to be expelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why is it so cold in here?" Gibbs asked as they entered Tony's room.

Ziva rushed to the bed and touched Tony's hand.

"He's ice cold." Ziva gasped as she realized that he only had a sheet covering him.

"McGee, check the windows!" Gibbs ordered as he turned the heat up in the room.

"This one's slightly opened." McGee confirmed as he pulled the window shut.

"Gibbs, Tony's loosing blood! His IV line is plugged into the side of his bed and there's a second one running from his arm, draining his blood into this basin." Ziva said in shock as she saw the amount of blood in the basin. She quickly removed the IV line and pressed a towel to the puncture wound in Tony's arm hoping to stop the bleeding. McGee stared in horror at Tony's ashen face as Gibbs growled, "The bastard's here."

"But how? No one could have come in during the storm." McGee stated as he grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Tony.

"He's been here all along. It's Fred!" Gibbs stated fury and adrenaline pumping through his body

How could this have happened right under my nose? Fred's a dead man. I'm going to make him wish that he had never been born! Gibbs vowed.

"Gibbs' his breathing's shallow and his pulse is very weak." Ziva said as she kept two finger's against Tony's neck.

"Get Ducky and Bianca but don't alarm Fred. Then get your Sig's so we can take him down." Gibbs ordered. He stood next to Tony and willed him to hang on as he placed a hand on his cold forehead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Angie, we'll give you and Fred a few minutes to get better acquainted with you beautiful baby." Bianca said as she smiled down at the baby and then left the room. Ducky followed her out.

"Oh Fred, isn't she just beautiful?" Angie said in awe.

"Yes and her colouring's just like her dad, isn't it Angie?" Fred asked as he looked at his sister.

Hell there's no doubt now that she's that bastard DiNozzo's kid. I wonder if his dead yet?

"Fred, how did you know? Her dad's going grey but yes he was dark haired in his younger days." Angie replied realizing that it was time to tell Fred everything.

Going Grey? Younger days? What the hell do you mean? DiNozzo is still young and he doesn't have a single grey hair on his head!

"Angie, tell me about her father right now. I want to know everything!" Fred said in a voice so harsh it sent shivers down Angie's spine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Bianca and Ducky entered the collidor, they were surprised by the burst of cold air they felt. They rushed down the collidor and found Tony's room door ajar. McGee collided with them in his haste to go and find them.

"What happened? Why is this room so cold? And Jethro what are you doing out of bed?" Bianca asked, terrified that Tony may have been right about Gibbs trying to kill him.

"His lost a lot of blood and is unconscious." Gibbs growled.

"Do something, before we loose him!" Ziva ordered.

"How did this happen?" Ducky asked as he and Bianca rushed to the bed.

Bianca and Ducky worked on Tony noting that his pressure was very low and so was his temperature.

"He's in hypovolaemic shock. But the cold, as bad as it is actually reduced the rate at which he was losing blood." Ducky observed as he hooked up new IV line.

"Do you know, what's his blood type? He is going to need a transfusion." Bianca said as she sealed the puncture wound on his hand.

"B positive." Gibbs, Ducky, Ziva and McGee simultaneously replied.

I don't have any B+ blood and even with the storm clearing it may take too long to get some delivered, Bianca thought. What am I going to do? I promised to keep him safe!

"Take care of him Duck while we take care of the bastard that did this to Tony." Gibbs stated as he removed his IV line while keeping the tape securely over the wound to prevent it from bleeding. Then he walked out of the room with McGee and Ziva in tow.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh God Angie! You should have told me! I may have just killed the wrong man!" Fred moaned as he dropped his head into his hands. Outside the room, Gibbs and Ziva framed the door while McGee was poised to throw the door open. Gibbs indicated for them to wait as they listened to the unfolding conversation.

"Fred what are you talking about? What do you mean, killed the wrong man?!" Angie asked as she started to get a really bad feeling.

"I thought a man by the name of Anthony DiNozzo, raped you and got you pregnant!" Fred growled.

"How do you know his name? I never told you his name?" Angie said.

"I heard you say it in your sleep. You were crying out and saying. Anthony don't please. DiNozzo don't hurt me. So I put the two names together and …."

"And you thought he raped me?" Angie asked incredulously.

"Yes, you were alone and you were distraught. You wouldn't tell me what happened, so what was I suppose to think."

"Fred, I worked for him and I fell in love with him. But he's married and had to go back home to his wife in California. He is in his late 50's and he is a very wealthy man. He never promised me anything and he didn't even know that I was pregnant!" Angie said as Gibbs indicated for McGee to throw the door open.

"NCIS!" McGee shouted his gun aimed at Fred's chest, ready to double tap him.

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo." Gibbs growled his arm a bit unsteady as a result of his injuries. At the same time Angie gasped in shock.

"Put your hands on your head and get face down onto the floor, NOW!" Ziva shouted her gun trained on Fred's forehead.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Fred you attacked his Son! Oh my God, now he'll never have anything to do with me or Emma" Angie growled in anger. She had secretly harboured the hope that upon seeing his baby, Anthony DiNozzo Senior would accept her and acknowledge his love for her and their child and then he would leave his wife.

Fred couldn't believe that this had happened. Now he was surrounded by NCIS Agents and he still needed to kill the bastard who had taken advantage of his sister, taken her away from him. He ignored his sister's anger and started to plan his escape.

"Fred this is you final warning. Get on the floor or we start shooting!" Gibbs growled, his fury rising as he feared that Tony was slipping away in the other room.

Fred looked at his sister and something akin to regret tinged with anger flashed through his eyes. Then he leaned towards Angie and kissed her intimately on the lips. Angie gasped out in surprise as she pulled away from his incestuous embrace. Ziva and McGee used Fred's pre-occupation to move further into the room while Gibbs looked on in disgust at the scene unfolding in front of his eyes.

"Get away from her Fred. It's over!" McGee stated his gun now trained on Fred's back. Ziva tried to move closer to the bed to get a better look at what Fred was up to. Gibbs, unstable as a result of his injuries, leaned a shoulder against the door as he kept his gun aimed at the back of Fred's head. All three agents knew that they couldn't take a shot until Fred moved away from his sister and the baby.

"Fred, what...? Fred! No!" Angie cried out as Fred took her previous baby out of her arms and simultaneously grabbed his hunting knife from under his jacket. He immediately held the hunting knife against the wailing baby's tiny body.

"Fred you don't want to do this." Gibbs warned his adrenaline pumping and giving him a burst of energy.

"Fred, No!!! Give her back to me! Oh my God! How can you even think about hurting her?" Angie cried out as she tried to sit up in the bed. Fred moved slightly away from her and the bed as he said, "Sorry Angie, but I need to get out of here and this bastard is the only way I can do that!"

His words shocked and hurt her to the core.

"You were so attentive, so concerned about me and now... now you are ... threatening my baby, your niece!" Angie sobbed, confused and terrified as she didn't recognize this man in front of her. Her brother was loving and caring but this man, he was pure evil. He was threatening a new born, innocent live just to get away with murder!

Ziva and McGee looked at each other as they moved closer to Fred. Ziva indicated that she would go for the hand holding the knife and McGee should catch the baby. McGee in return communicated that she should catch the baby as he grabbed the knife. Gibbs watched the two of them and growled with impatience. That was the only wake up call they needed. McGee nodded at Ziva and then they moved closer to Fred.

"That bastard DiNozzo used you and you ... you let him! Angie … I loved you! I loved you so much and you gave yourself to that scum and then you insisted on carrying her. Do you know how that ate me up inside, knowing that you were carrying another man's child. You should have been carrying my baby! You were mine!" Fred growled revealing his most intimate and guarded secret.

"Are you MAD? I was never yours! We are siblings and I would have never had that kind of a relationship with you. Oh my God, now it makes sense why no guys stayed with me for too long. You scared all of them away! But you didn't know about Anthony so you couldn't do anything until now." Angie growled her maternal fear bubbling over.

"We are not siblings Angie. You were adopted when I was seven and I have loved you ever since. I wanted to marry you, make love to you have family with you but you ruined it all!" Fred growled in disgust as his face contorted into that of a monster.

Angie gasped at this revelation but then her baby's cries broke through to her again and she blocked out everything else as she begged, "I don't know who you are but it you ever loved me you will give me back my baby. Please Fred, for the love of God, give her back to me."

"I'm sorry Honey…." Fred sneered as he turned away from her.

Ziva chose that moment to pounce on him, grabbing the hand holding the knife and twisting it up and away from the baby, while she pressed her Sig to his chest. Fred reacted by flinging his other arm out in an effort to hit Ziva and poor Emma was flung up into the air. Ziva fired two shots hitting Fred at point blank range in the chest. Gibbs moved away from the door at lightening speed, his focus centered on the baby. McGee dropped his gun as he too reached out for the baby. As Ziva and Fred collapsed to the ground, Ziva rolled over and leaped up reaching her arms out to catch the infant. Angie cried out in horror as her leaned out of the bed in an attempt to save her daughter.

Emma wailed at the abusive treatment and by some miracle was caught by 2 and a half pairs of interlocked arms, namely that of Ziva, McGee and Gibbs.

At that moment, Ducky rushed into the room and was shock at what he saw.

"Good lord. What happened?" he asked. But his question was ignored by everyone as Emma gave out a hearty yell.

"You got her?" Gibbs asked a second later when everyone was able to take a deep breathe.

"Got her Boss!" McGee replied as he started to straighten up.

"Me too!" Ziva grinned in relief as she too stood up with McGee while still holding the baby.

"Then hand her to her mother already!" Gibbs growled as stood up, his strength starting to desert him. Ducky moved into the room looking at Fred who was lying dead on the floor and then looking at Emma to see that she was okay.

"Thank you!" Angie cried as she took her precious bundle into her arms and hugged her close.

"McGee, Ziva clean up this..this…" Gibbs was saying when his voice betrayed his weakness and he felt himself start to fall.

"Boss!" "Gibbs!" the two younger agents called out as they managed to catch him before he hit the ground.

"I'm … okay!" Gibbs lied as he tried to pull himself together. But with the adrenaline rush gone, the pain was back in full force and then his fear for Tony was also making him weak.

"Let's get him back into his room. Then move Angie to a clean room and start processing this scene." Ducky ordered.

"How's … Tony … doing?" Gibbs asked the question that they all feared asking.

Ducky stared at him solemnly but said nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Duck?" Gibbs questioned as he refused to move forward until Ducky answered his question. McGee and Ziva still supported him on either side. And the fact that he let them support him was testimony enough to all of them of just how weak he was.

"Jethro you need to rest and we need to start your antibiotics and pain meds before you end up with an infection. Anthony's…" Ducky said as he moved towards Gibbs' room.

"Take me to Tony's room, Now!" Gibbs ordered McGee and Ziva, knowing that he wouldn't be able to get two steps without falling flat on his face. The two younger agents looked from him to Ducky and then at each other, debating what to do.

"Today!" Gibbs growled as he became impatient and tried to pull out of their hands despite his weakness. Ducky sighed and nodded to McGee and Ziva.

Gibbs took a deep breathe to prepare for what he might find on the other side of the door of Tony's door. As Ducky walked in, and the interior of the room came into view Gibbs stopped in his tracks.

Sitting in a chair next to the bed was Bianca with her eyes closed. Her left arm was extended and to it an IV line was attached. But instead of the usual clear IV fluid, the IV line was filled with blood. Bianca's blood! The blood was being collected in an IV bag which had a second IV line attached. This second line was attached to Tony's arm.

"Anthony's condition is critical. We have given him medication to boost his pressure. But he needed a blood transfusion. Since Bianca didn't have any B+ blood available, she insisted that she would give Anthony her own blood as she just happens to be the same blood group as him." Ducky said. Gibbs, McGee and Ziva were touched by what Bianca had done for Tony so far and by what she was still doing for him.

"What happened? I heard gun shots. Is Angie and the baby okay? And where's Fred? Gibbs are you okay?" Bianca asked sitting up straight in her chair and looking closely at Gibbs for any new injuries.

"Fred's dead and Angie and the baby are fine. Fred thought that Tony had raped Angie and that's why he wanted to kill him." McGee stated.

"Not to mention that he had wanted an incestuous relationship with Angie, who just happens to be he's adopted sister." Ziva supplied.

"DiNozzo Senior is the baby's father." Gibbs weakly stated.

"Oh Dear, I wonder how Anthony's going to deal with all of this?" Ducky worried out loud.

"Mmm I think you'd better get Jethro into a chair and bring a bed from the other room in here for him." Bianca stated as she noticed how heavily Gibbs was leaning on his team members. She wanted to go to him but she would have to wait until the transfusion was done.

"I'm fine." Gibbs lied as Ziva and McGee helped him to the chair.

"Of course you are, Jethro. But I'll just start your meds anyway, okay." Ducky said as McGee and Ziva left the room to get the bed. As soon as Ducky had Gibbs hooked up to a fresh set of meds he turned back to Bianca and Tony.

"Bianca, why did you adjust this IV line in such a way? Now there is no way to know how much of your blood you've actually given. I'd better stop the transfusion, before we take too much." Ducky observed. Gibbs listened and looked sharply from Ducky to Bianca and then to Tony.

I need Tony to live but it can't be at the expense of endangering Bianca's life.

"No, Ducky. Check Tony's vital signs first. I'm sure it hasn't been more than a pint of blood yet." Bianca lied.

I promised to save him and I'm going to keep that promise! She reaffirmed.

Ducky shook his head as he checked on Tony's vital signs. His pressure was stable and moving steadily up and his temperature revealed that he had warmed up considerably in the last 20 minutes. The fact that the blood transfusion was a direct transfusion, meant that the blood he was receiving was already body temperature and that played a roll in warming him up.

Gibbs stared at Bianca and when she looked back at him he simply said, "Thank you." But his eyes communicated more then those two simple words ever could. It revealed his fear and love for the young man lying helplessly in the bed next to her. It also revealed his gratitude to her.

"You're welcome, Jethro." Bianca replied as she smiled back at him reassuringly.

As soon as McGee and Ziva were back with the bed, they helped a very weak and exhausted Gibbs into it. Then they went to take care of the scene.

Ducky checked Gibbs' vital signs and confirmed that he was stable but his pressure was a down. Ducky suggested that he sleep, but Gibbs sat up in the bed until Ducky removed the IV line from Bianca's arm 15 minutes later.

Bianca took a deep breathe and stood up. She felt light headed for a second and hoped that no one noticed. And no one did as their attention was focused on Tony. She then moved over to Gibbs' bedside and placed her hand lightly on his cheek before whispering, "Sleep now Jethro. It's over. Tony's safe and I'm sure that his going to be much better come morning." Then she leaned down and kissed him lightly on his lips. He kissed her back, wanting her to know how much he appreciated what she had down for Tony. As she pulled away, she smiled down at him and whispered, "Good night."

Gibbs watched her leave the room and he thought you are such a very rare creature and I want to get to know you better, much better.

He drifted off to sleep as memories of their time together floated through his the recesses of his mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As tired as she was, Bianca decided to look in on Angie and the baby. Physically both were doing well, but now that she had had some time to process everything Angie was distraught. She loved Fred. He was the only family she had left and she was disgusted with herself for not realizing what he had been up to. And now he was dead. And she was terrified that Tony might die too and it would be her fault. Bianca comforted Angie as best she could and left her as she nursed her baby for the first time.

Then Bianca finally admitted that she was exhausted. She was also light headed and needed to lie down.

Well that's why you're not allowed to donate blood if you're anaemic Ms Smarty Pants. She scolded herself. But I would do it again if I knew that it could save a life.

Bianca got to her bedroom, removed her clothes and grabbed a baggy t-shirt. As she got into bed she replayed the events of the day and acknowledged just how much she wanted Gibbs. Ah Jethro I wish you were here and we were wrapped in each other's arms as we fell off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later McGee and Ziva were done with the scene and Fred's body was placed in a body-bag. At the same time McGee's phone started ringing, startling him.

"Tim, thank God." Abby shouted in relief.

"Hey Abs." McGee replied.

"Okay the guy was driving a…" Abby started to say as McGee interrupted her.

"Black SUV with Washington licence plates, GTR 1523."

Ziva took the phone from him and said, "The car's probably registered to one Fred Wayne Fletcher."

"But how?" Abby asked in a deflated voice as Ziva put her on speaker phone.

"He was here at the clinic and he attacked Tony. But we got him." McGee said.

"And we're sure that Tony's going to okay by morning. And Gibbs is also going to be okay." Ziva said upon hearing Abby's gasp.

"Oh Good! I guess you guys didn't need me after all. I mean you solved the case without any forensic or technical support." Abby said feeling totally dejected after having spent so many hours trying to get through to them.

"Abby, we will always need you. We could have prevented the second attack on Tony if the lines were not down and if we had the information you were about to give us, earlier." McGee said.

"Yeah, I guess." Abby sighed. She was missing them and she had been so worried about Tony and Gibbs. "Is there anything you guys need?" she continued wanting, no needing to do something.

"You can get someone to collect Fred's body and have him waiting in autopsy for Ducky." McGee stated.

"You can also arrange for Tony and Gibbs to be airlifted to Bethesda." Ziva replied.

"I'm on it and I can't wait to see all of you." Abby replied before hanging up.

McGee went back to Tony's room and informed Ducky of what had been arranged. Then he and Ziva went to relax on the reception area couch. They decided that they would drive back to NCIS head quarters the next morning after Tony and Gibbs were airlifted to the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------

In LA one Jason Mattysen spoke to the American Airlines operator at 4:30am that morning.

"I'd like to book one return ticket to Washington DC."

"I can book you on flight AA76 that departs at 8:30am this morning. You'll arrive in Washington by 04:25pm" The operator said.

"That's perfect." Jason replied his excitement growing.

"When would you like to return?" she asked.

"Oh, by Sunday should be fine." He said.

Once the booking was made Jason went to his bedroom and looked at his reflection in the mirror. Half his face looked all twisted and raw. He growled as he turned away and started packing his bag. He sneered as he thought, Bitch, I know exactly where you are now. I'll be there real soon to punish you for what you did to me almost two years ago. Oh yes, it's going to be lesson you'll never forget, bitch and one you won't survive!

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony woke up to the sounds of someone groaning and moving around restlessly. As he opened his eyes he found sun light was streaming in through a window. He also noticed the IV stand and three IV lines leading into the back of his hand.

It doesn't smell like a hospital but I guess it must be.

Tony looked at his shoulder that was in a caste and he was surprised by it.

I don't feel any real pain. I actually feel numb. Am I dead! He anxiously questioned. Then he moved and welcome pain pulsed through his body, from his twisted ankle up to his concussed head.

He smiled despite himself because he knew that it he could feel pain that meant he was very much alive.

He heard a noise to his left and when he looked up he was shocked to see Gibbs tossing restlessly, his arm in a caste and an IV line in his arm.

"Boss!" Tony gasped.

Gibbs stilled for a moment not sure that he had heard right. Then he turned and faced Tony and was surprised and relieved to see the younger man's eyes open.

"Boss, you look terrible!" Tony whispered.

"You should see what you look like before commenting on me." Gibbs grinned. For one thing Tony remembered him and for a second, Tony was … well Tony again.

"What did you do Boss. Roll the car or something?" Tony asked as he grimaced while turning to face Gibbs.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Gibbs asked as he sat up on his bed and faced Tony. His ribs were tender and his arm was throbbing but he wanted to look at Tony to observe his reaction.

"Leaving the office and driving in the snow …. to get that damn sketch pad." Tony said as he remembered how angry he was.

"Anything else?" Gibbs asked feeling guilty for having pushed Tony so hard.

Tony stared at him for a moment and then he blinked rapidly as images flashed through his mind.

"DiNozzo, you okay?" Gibbs asked as he got out of bed and reached Tony in two steps.

"Tony." Gibbs gently said as he placed his hand on Tony's shoulder.

Tony looked up at Gibbs and whispered "Pain, I remember pain and fear."

"It's okay Tony. You're safe now. I've got your six and no one's going to get close enough to hurt you again." Gibbs emotionally growled as he forced Tony to look at him.

"What… what happened to me?" Tony questioned.

Gibbs squeezed his shoulder lightly, surprising him by this physical contact and the show of emotion.

"A lot. First you were forced off the road and then here, while recuperating, you were attacked twice."

"What?" Tony asked as he just couldn't make sense of what Gibbs was saying.

Gibbs slowly told him all that had happened and Tony looked at him, dumbfounded.

Amnesia, attempted murder, a baby sister?!?!?

"My Father! Even when I'm miles away from him, he still manages to mess with my life." Tony said with such anger.

Although they had never discussed it, it was no secret to Gibbs that Tony and his father had a very strained relationship. In fact they stopped communicating over the last few years and Tony never mentioned his father or his childhood. Tony's father just never understood what he had in Tony. And he never accepted Tony whereas Gibbs would have given anything to have a son like Tony.

"Tony, calm down. Fred's dead and you're going to be fine. We'll deal with your father later. And I won't ever let anything like this happen to you again!" Gibbs said with conviction as he kept his hand on Tony's shoulder.

"Thanks Boss." Tony said his eyes locking with Gibbs'. Both men stared at each other for a few seconds and Gibbs knew that Tony understood what he had meant, what he had been trying to say without the use of words.

When Tony looked away, Gibbs said, "DiNozzo, you have a half-sister now, and you'll have to decide whether you want to be a part of her life, or not."

Tony took a deep breathe as he wondered what he should do. He looked at Gibbs again and Gibbs said, "You'll make the right decision. I have faith in you and I know that you won't let me or yourself down."

At about the same time, McGee, Ziva and Ducky walked into the room.

"Ah Anthony it is such a relief to see you awake. How are you feeling?" Ducky asked as he moved towards Tony's bed. Gibbs kept his hand on Tony's shoulder as he turned to face the rest of his team.

"I've been better, Ducky." Tony replied as the ME checked his vital signs.

"Your memory's back!" McGee exclaimed with relief.

"At least now you know that we aren't trying to kill you." Ziva said.

"What?" Tony asked totally confused.

"Yeah DiNozzo, you were convinced that we were trying to kill you. I wonder what ever gave you that idea." Gibbs said as he grinned down at Tony. Then his hand moved to the top of Tony's head and he tapped it lightly as he ordered, "Don't ever doubt how important you are to this team and to me. And although we might threaten to kill you on occasion, it's just so that we can push you to do better."

Ducky nodded his head in approval, glad that Gibbs was voicing his feelings. The look on Tony's face spoke volumes and Ziva and McGee also felt Gibbs' commitment to the team.

The room was silent for a moment as everyone reflected on their own thoughts. Suddenly feeling self-conscious, Gibbs asked, "McGee where's my coffee?"

"On it Boss." McGee said as he left the room.

"How's he, Ducky?" Ziva asked as Ducky finished examining Tony.

"Miraculously, all his vitals are stable. Anthony, with a few days rest you will be as good as knew." Ducky replied.

"Good, so when can I go home?" Tony asked hopefully as he tried to stifle a yawn.

"Oh, you'll have to spend at least another 3 days in hospital." Ducky said.

"No Ducky. I …" Tony started to protest.

"DiNozzo you will do as Ducky orders." Gibbs growled and Tony quieted, feeling tired.

"I'm glad you feel that way Jethro, because you will be joining him at Bethesda for at least 2 out of the 3 days." Ducky said eliciting a smile from Ziva.

"No way Ducky!" Gibbs replied.

"Mm Boss if I have to follow Ducky's orders than so do you." Tony said as he tried to hold back a grin. Gibbs glared at him and then at Ducky, before looking away and sighing in defeat.

Maybe spending some time with you isn't such a bad idea, DiNozzo.

When McGee got back with the coffee, he informed Gibbs and Tony that the medic airlift would be delayed for a while as it was attending to other emergencies as a result of the storm.

"Can't we just stay here?" Tony asked, liking this set up better than an actual hospital.

Gibbs looked at him and realized that he liked that idea very much.

"McGee, we're staying. Send Angie and the baby to Bethesda and tell Angie that we will be in touch with her should she need anything. Ziva you get back to the office and start with the report. McGee you can go back to town and bring back a few things for us." Gibbs ordered and McGee and Ziva left to grab their stuff.

"Ducky can you stay a day or two longer?" Gibbs asked as he watched Tony doze off.

"Sure Jethro. I really like this country setup and now I'll be able to enjoy it for a short while. I'll just arrange for McGee to bring back a few things so we can restock Bianca's clinic." Ducky chirped as he left the room.

Bianca, where are you? Gibbs wondered realizing that he hadn't seen her since the previous night when she'd kissed him.

------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca was in the shower. She had woken up with a terrible start as she once again dreamt about Jason and how he had attacked her the day he died.

The dream had started out all sensuous and beautiful with Gibbs kissing her and caressing her. He had moved to stand behind her and was kissing the side of her neck. Just as she revelled in the sensations of having his hands all over her, everything changed. She was unexpected flung face down onto the bed. And then Jason was on top of her, threatening her, violating her and hurting her.

Tears streamed down Bianca's face as she doubted that she would ever get over what had happened more then two years ago. The hot water eventually turned cold forcing Bianca to turn the taps off and step out. She wrapped a towel around her body not bothering to dry herself.

Gibbs who had given up waiting for her, decided to check on her. As he opened the door to her bedroom, she walked out of the bathroom. With the sunlight streaming in through the window, the tiny droplets of water glistened on her shoulders. Her hair curled around her face and down her back looking like silk. Her legs looked long and were perfectly shaped.

Bianca was lost is her own thoughts as she rummaged through her closet for a clean set of clothes. She didn't realize that Gibbs was in her room, watching her, until she turned away from the cupboard and removed the towel.

Gibbs sighed as he said one word, "Perfect!"

He didn't bother to look away or to apologise. Bianca stood frozen to the spot, stunned that he was coming towards her and she was letting him look at her like this.

When she reached for the towel on her bed and tried to cover herself Gibbs whispered, "No, let me look at you!"

Now he was standing in front of her, looking into her eyes.

"You are beautiful." He said huskily as his head dipped and he pulled her towards him. His IV bag which he had been holding in his hand fell to the ground as his lips touched hers.

Bianca thought about resisting. She thought about pushing him away. And then she admitted I want this! I need to know that I can do this and enjoy it. Maybe then I'll be able to leave Jason behind.

As Gibbs started kissing her neck and shoulder Bianca's hands moved to the ties holding his gown together. She undid them and then she removed his IV line and made sure that it wouldn't bleed before looking into his eyes and whispering, "Make love to me, Jethro."

Gibbs needed no further invitation. He didn't care if the pain in his ribs got worst. He was going to make love to her, because she was driving him crazy!

He wrapped her in his arms as he pulled her towards the bed. They continued to kiss and caress each other for what seems to be an eternity. And then Gibbs was on his back on the bed and Bianca sat astride him, being mindful of his injuries. They watched each other intently, as she took his engorged flesh into her hands and guided him slowly and gently into her warm body. Gibbs groaned out at the heat and intensity of having her surround him like that.

Bianca moved slowly and gently on him and as she started to feel her body quicken, tears glistened in her eyes. Gibbs caressed her with his uninjured hand as he watched her face. He could see that this meant much more to her then just making love. She was fighting some kind of an internal battle and she was winning.

As her body tightened around his, Gibbs encouraged and praised her. Never had he made love so gently and slowly. It was beautiful and watching the expressions of pleasure flirt across Bianca's face made him want to hold back his release forever. But the way she made love to him it was becoming increasingly impossible to hold back much longer. Then Bianca's body started shuddering, a low moan of pure ecstasy escaped her lips. Knowing that he had brought her to that point was enough to push Gibbs over the edge and he too found his release a moment after her.

Then she slipped to lie on his side as both of them tried to calm their erratic hearts.

"You okay?" Gibbs asked as he noticed the tears rolling down Bianca's cheeks.

"I'm good. No, actually I great!" Bianca laughed before leaning forward and kissing him deeply. After she pulled away from him and made sure that he was okay despite his protests. The she just stared at him.

"What?" Gibbs questioned

"Thank you. I didn't think that I would ever be able to be this way with anyone. Not after everything I've been through." Bianca whispered.

"Wanna tell me about it?" Gibbs asked as he moved to face her while trying to ease the tenderness in his side.

Bianca pulled a blanket up around them as she decided that she wanted to tell him. She needed to let it all out so that she could deal with it. And she knew that Gibbs wouldn't laugh at her. Nor would he belittle her. He would understand and maybe then she would be able to move on.

So she told him about Jason and about the abuse. She told him that Jason was dead and how he had died. And then he held her close and kissed her forehead as he tried to control the rage pulsing through his body.

Jason if you weren't already dead, I would hunt you down and tear you limb for limb!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Unbeknownst to them, the very man they were speaking about was standing just outside Bianca's window. Upon arriving at the clinic and seeing an SUV and a van in the driveway, Jason decided to park a short distance away. Then he doubled back and looked through the various windows, making sure that he was not seen.

When he looked in through the last window at the back of the clinic, his blood started to boil. Bianca was lying with a silver haired man. They had just made love and the glow of pleasure on Bianca's face made him want to scream.

But he controlled himself, as he planned just how he was going to make Bianca and her knew boyfriend pay for this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ziva and McGee had left for the city 2 hours earlier and Ducky was with Angie and her baby getting them ready to be transported to Bethesda. Both mother and baby were doing well physically but Angie was anxious about Tony's condition. And despite Ducky's reassurance that he was doing better, she felt she needed to see him for herself. But at the same time she was terrified that he would hate her for what Fred had done and he would also hate Emma.

Tony was still reeling from everything that the team had revealed to him. He thought about his father and the empire he had built. He remembered his mother vaguely as well as the 2 step moms he had had. He knew that his father had remarried in the last few years, but he had not met this latest trophy wife. And now there was a young woman in the next room and she had just given birth to his father's bastard.

What should I do? Should I meet them and get to know them. Or should I just let them disappear and not make them my problem. And what if Angie goes to him and he rejects her and the baby. Or worse what if he takes the baby from her and brings her up the way be brought me up! Damn it, what would Gibbs do in a situation like this? What would he do?

I'd do the right thing, DiNozzo. Tony heard Gibbs' voice echo through his head. Just then the medic helicopter was heard outside.

Gibbs and Bianca heard it too and so did Jason. He watched as Bianca and her new lover dressed quickly before leaving her room. Then he moved into the bushes at the back of the clinic and waited to see who was leaving.

Tony realized that Angie and his half sister were about to leave so if he was planning to do anything it would have to be now. At the same time there was a knock on his door. Tony looked at the door, as it opened slowly.

"Anthony may I… I speak to you… for a moment." A young blonde haired, blue eyed lady asked. In her arms was a precious new born baby girl. Tony stared at her for a moment as he controlled his anger towards his father. Then he swallowed hard as he nodded his head indicating that Angie could enter his room. Angie took a few hesitant steps towards the bed and stopped at the side of the bed.

"I'm sorry!" Angie said as tears filled her eyes and spilled over. "I had no idea that Fred would try to hurt Emma's father." She continued as she noted Tony's various injuries.

Tony was silent as he looked from Angie to Emma, who was bundled up so tightly that he couldn't see her at all.

He tried to reconcile who Emma was and whether he wanted her to become apart of his life while he still battled his raging anger against his father. When Angie saw the confusion, indecision and anger in Tony's eyes she hastened to say, "I just want you to know that you don't have to worry about me ever becoming a burden to your family or demanding anything from you or your father for Emma. Your father didn't even know that I was pregnant and I knew that he was married and that he wouldn't leave your step-mom for me. I'm just so sorry that you were hurt because of me."

Then she turned away and started heading for the door.

"Wait!" Tony called out. Angie stopped and turned back to Tony. At the same moment the blanket around Emma's face fell open and she stretched her tiny hands in front of her face as she yawned and then mewed. The sight of her amazed Tony and he thought, We are family. It doesn't matter how this happened. The fact remains that you're my …my …baby sister. I should protect you and be there for you. None of what happened is your fault. Oh Boy, this is huge. I'm a big brother!

"Angie, what Fred did isn't your fault." Tony said surprising Angie. "And … and … if it's okay with you can I look in on Emma and you on occasion?" Tony continued, making Gibbs who was standing just outside his door, very proud.

Angie looked at Tony in shock as she asked, "You want to stay in touch with us?"

Tony hesitated for a second before confirming, "Yes, I would like to get to know my baby sister."

Angie's eyes filled with tears once again and she said, "You will always be welcome in our home, Anthony. And I think Emma will be very lucky to have a brother like you looking out for her."

Bianca saw the glow of pride and happiness on Gibbs' face as he pulled her close and kissed her forehead. That's exactly what I expected of you DiNozzo.

In the meantime, Ducky got the medic team to prepare to transport Angie and the baby. When he made his way back into the clinic he raised an eyebrow at finding Bianca in Gibbs' arms. As he headed for Angie's room, Gibbs said, "Duck, they're in here."

When they entered Tony's room, they found Angie leaning close to Tony and him gently caressing Emma's hand. A second later Emma closed her fingers around Tony's finger and the bond between brother and sister was forged forever. Everyone smiled at seeing this vulnerable side of Tony, but Tony was too engrossed to notice.

Ducky cleared his throat a few seconds later and said, "Angie, it's time to go."

"Thank you, Dr Mallard & Dr Bianca, for everything. Agent Gibbs thank you, for saving Emma." Angie said as Tony placed a light kiss on Emma's forehead.

"Tony, I'll see you soon." Angie smiled and Tony nodded as he leaned back against his pillows.

As Angie, Ducky and Bianca left the room, Tony's eyes collided with Gibbs' and he saw approval and pride in Gibbs' eyes. Then he thought I need more meds or something, because I'm seeing things. Boss never shows his emotions so openly so that expression of satisfaction and delight I'm seeing must be a figment of my imagination or something.

"DiNozzo, believe it." Gibbs said, before turning and leaving the room with a smirk on his face. Tony stared at the closed door for a second before a huge smile spread across his face. Thanks Gibbs.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As McGee drove back to Bianca's clinic, he noticed a blue sedan parked a short distance away from the clinic. He found it a bit odd as there was nothing out there other then the clinic.

Maybe they've had a breakdown or they're at the clinic getting some kind of help. McGee thought as he turned into the driveway leading to the clinic.

When he entered the clinic, he heard voices coming from the kitchen area. Ducky and Bianca were busy preparing what looked like a curry and Gibbs was sitting in a chair at the table sipping a steaming cup of coffee.

Ducky was relaying a story, "Yes that was when I was in Jaipur, India. All the buildings were built with a pink rock which led to the city being known as the pink city. It was also called the land of the Raja's that is the land of the kings. And they had the most amazing spices, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and of course being India, there would be crushed chili and curry leaves."

"McGee, you got my clothes?" Gibbs asked, stopping Ducky's story.

"Right here boss." McGee said. Gibbs grabbed his track pants and NIS sweat shirt and made his way to Bianca's room to change. Bianca followed him and started undoing his gown as soon as the door behind them was closed.

"Mm, are you planning to take advantage of me Dr B?" Gibbs playfully asked. He was glad. Glad that Tony was going to be okay and that the bastard who had been after Tony was dead. And glad that things between him and Bianca seemed to be progressing very well.

"As tempting as that is, I think that one round per day is the limit for you in your current condition." Bianca replied as she helped him into his track pants.

"That's a pity." Gibbs whispered as he leaned forward and kissed her lips. She smiled as she returned the kiss. But as soon as it became too heated, she pulled away, and they rested their foreheads against each other. Then Bianca helped Gibbs into his sweat shirt and placed his arm back into the sling.

"It's time for your antibiotics and pain meds. And I'd better go and check on Tony and see if he needs anything." Bianca said as she made to turn away. But Gibbs held onto her hand and stopped her.

"First I think I need one more session of mouth to mouth Doctor." And then his lips were on hers and his tongue was passionately caressing hers. Bianca sighed in pleasure as she enjoyed to long forgotten sensations that pulsed through her body.

As the kiss continued for a few more moments, Jason was hard pressed to keep his emotions under control. He wanted to tear into the room and kill Gibbs with his bare hands. And then he wanted to get Bianca naked and take a knife to her back as he violated her body. Just the thought of it brought his arousal to full attention and he realized that he was going to do it that night, whether the other patients in the clinic were still there or not. And once he was done killing them he was going to burn the clinic down.

With the plan vividly playing through his mind, he ran unseen back to his car and made his way to a hotel in the city. He would return after dark and act out his scheme ensuring maximum pleasure for himself.

-------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Bianca and Gibbs were through with a marathon session of kissing, Bianca led Gibbs back to the kitchen. There she handed him 4 pills, 2 were painkillers and 2 were the antibiotics. Then she left him with Ducky while she went to check in on Tony.

"Ducky, do you know of anyone who specializes in therapy for abuse victims." Gibbs asked before taking a long swallow of coffee.

"Mmm, it depends on the type of abuse Jethro." Ducky replied curious about Gibbs' question.

"Verbal, physical and sexual." Gibbs replied, trying to suppress a growl.

"Oh dear. I have a friend at Bethesda, a Dr Cameron Bailey. She's an expert in this field. I could set up an appointment if you like but I'd need to know who wants to see her." Ducky stated hoping that the patient wasn't who he thought it was.

"Bianca." Gibbs confirmed and Ducky closed his eyes as profound sadness overwhelmed him.

Oh Bianca, why would anyone ever want to hurt you? You're one of the most giving people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Oh, I'm so sorry that you've suffered such atrocities.

"Jethro, should we get the local law enforcement involved? I mean, is the abuse current or ongoing?" Ducky hesitantly asked.

"The bastard, one Jason Mattysen's dead. He died in a fire when Bianca retaliated during one of his abuse sessions. The only reason she fought back was because his abuse had escalated to torture. The bastard took a knife to her!" Gibbs stated his voice filled with fury and hatred.

"I'll call Cameron right now to set up an appointment. But will Bianca be willing to go and see her?" Ducky asked.

"She will. I'll take her myself if I have to." Gibbs stated in a voice that broached no argument.

You have strong feeling for this woman, Jethro. Don't you? Ducky pondered as he advised, "Jethro, it's noble of you wanting to help her but Bianca needs to be ready, else the therapy sessions will just be a waste of time."

"She's ready, Duck. Just make the appointment and I trust that you'll treat this matter with the strictest of confidence." Gibbs stated before standing up and making his way out the back door. The midday sun felt wonderful on his face and he spent a good 30 minutes soaking it up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When Bianca entered Tony's room, she found McGee sitting in a chair next to his bed.

"So I actually tried to attack Ziva with a scalpel!" Tony was asking astounded by the details McGee had revealed to him.

"Tony, how are you feeling?" Bianca asked as she walked towards his bed.

"I'll just wait outside." McGee said as he stood up and put his hands into his pocket. "Oh I'd better give you this before Abby murders me. She said that you should call her as soon as you were awake, so I guess I'm already a bit late there. And this little furry tamagotchi is for good luck and to keep you safe." McGee continued as he handed Tony the mobile phone and the small stuffed toy.

"Thanks. I'll call her as soon as Dr B's done." Tony grinned, realizing that he really missed the Goth lab-tech.

After checking his vital signs, Bianca hooked up another dose of antibiotics and fluids and she told Tony that he was doing really well.

"So can I join you guys for lunch? I'm starving." Tony said as he slowly sat up.

"I'll bring you something but I really think that you should stay in bed." Bianca replied as she pushed him gently back against the pillows.

"But I'm tired of just lying around in this bed." Tony complained, the expression on his face reminding Bianca of a 5 year old.

When Tony saw that Bianca wasn't going to give in he pouted and said, "And I'm lonely."

Bianca smiled as she shook her head.

"You should have been an actor, Tony. Okay. I'll arrange for everyone to have lunch with you in your room." Bianca grinned. Tony smiled too as he thanked her.

Then he sobered and said, "Thank you, for saving my life, Bianca."

"It's my job Tony." Bianca said as she started to turn away.

"No, McGee told me how you found me and saved me after the accident. He also told me that you gave me your own blood and that was way more that what anyone would have expected you to do. Thank you." Tony said as he looked at her with gratitude.

"You're welcome Tony." Bianca said with a smile, before leaving his room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

By late afternoon Gibbs instructed McGee to take Ducky home. With Angie and the baby safely in hospital, there was no need for Ducky to remain at the clinic. Besides, Bianca was more than capable of taking care of Gibbs and Tony for another day or two and Ducky confirmed that he would look in on them the next day.

As McGee left the clinic at around 6:30pm, Ducky was regaling him with one of his many stories. McGee listened half-heartedly as he admitted that he was tired. Just then his phone rang.

"McGee" He answered

"Tim, its Ziva. How are Gibbs and Tony?" She asked.

"They're fine. Ducky and I are on our way back to Washington. Did you get anything useful on Fred?" McGee asked as he got onto Freeeway 74.

"Fred worked as a supervisor at a rifle range in Minnissota for 4 years. That explains how he was able to shoot Tony's tyre out during a snow storm at that distance. He was also trained in first aid, up to the level of a paramedic, so that's how he was able to adjust Tony's IV line to cause massive blood loss. His family records revealed that Angie had been adopted when he was 7 years old. Their parents, Patrick and Grace, died in a car crash when Fred was 19 and he became Angie's guardian. He brought her up and according to Angie's school records and 4 police reports he had been an over-protective brother." Ziva stated.

"Brother and more." McGee commented as a blue sedan which looked very familiar drove past. For some odd reason he noted the licence plates and asked Ziva her to trace it.

"What is it Timothy?' Ducky asked after McGee hung up.

"I don't know Ducky, but I think I've see that car before." McGee replied as he debated turning around at the next off ramp.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jason was all psyched up as he drove his rented blue sedan a bit faster.

As he arrived at the clinic, he once again parked a short distance away. Then his removed a grey duffel bag and hiked the short distance to the clinic. The lights at the front were still on, but the lights to the various patient's rooms were already off.

"It's only 7:30pm Bianca. Are you and that bastard planning an early night? Good. The sooner you're asleep the sooner I can strike." Jason snarled as he cut the phone lines before moving to peer into Bianca's room.

She was in the process of undressing and her lover was standing in the doorway to her room watching her. His eyes were hungry and Jason could see that his body was tense. Then he moved into the room and closed the door behind him. Bianca paused in what she was doing and looked at his reflection in the mirror as her breathe quickened.

He moved up behind her and slipped his hand under her sweat shirt lifting it up and over her head with her assistance. Her hair cascaded down her back as the sweat shirt fell to the floor. Then he moved her hair to one side as he one handedly unclasped her black bra. His uninjured hand moved slowly around to the front of her body and it closed possessively over her heavy breast. She leaned back into him as her eyes closed in pleasure.

Jason was disgusted with what he saw. As Bianca turned in her lovers arms her bra slipped from her shoulders and Jason saw the scar peeking out under her left breast.

That was nothing compared to what I'm going to do to you in the next few moments.

Then Bianca pulled away from her lover as she made her way to the bathroom. Her lover trailed behind her and closed the bathroom door. Jason growled as he rushed to the side of the clinic and got into the clinic by means of the unlocked kitchen door. As he walked through the kitchen he removed a steak knife and a carving knife from the knife stand on the table. Then he made his way to the back of the clinic, to Bianca's room. Once inside he locked the door and took up a position next to the bathroom door.

The sounds coming from the bathroom left him in no doubt that Bianca and her lover were in the process of having sex. As Bianca's breathe became more laboured and her lover's words more encouraging, Jason felt his arousal rise. Then as Bianca climaxed and cried out, Jason felt his own release stain his pants.

Then his face changed into a mask of demented evil as he stood poised outside the bathroom door, knife clutched in his right hand ready to thrust into his victim's mid-drift.

----------------------------------------------------------

Back on Freeway 74, McGee's phone rang and he put it on speaker.

"McGee," Ziva said, "that licence plate you asked me to run belongs to a rental car."

"Who's renting it?" McGee asked.

"A Jason Mattysen. That mean anything to you?" Ziva asked and Ducky immediately tensed.

"McGee, get back to the clinic now. Ziva arrange for the local police to get there too. Hurry!" Ducky ordered.

"What is it Ducky?" McGee asked as he took the next offramp and turned back in the direction of the clinic.

"Jason Mattysen is going to try to kill Bianca. I can't tell you more than that. Just hurry and call Gibbs and let him know." Ducky said, his blood turning cold with dread.

"I'll get the local LEO's and then I'll see if I can get an airlift to the clinic." Ziva said before hanging up.

McGee in the meantime drove as fast as he could as he tried to reach Gibbs and Tony. The clinic's phone gave a disconnected signal and neither Gibbs nor Tony, were answering their phones.

"Damn it, his already there!" McGee stated as he drove even faster.

---------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

In Bianca's room, Jason was becoming more deranged and demented by the moment. He wanted his prey out in the open so he could pounce on them unexpectedly. Just the though or what he was about to do made his scarred face break out into a hideous sneer.

This is going to be so beautifully horrendous! I'm going to hurt him so bad and then I'll make him watch as I pierce her skin with this knife, in rhythm with my thrusts deep inside her core. And her screams… Mmmm, yes it is going to be beautiful!

Inside the bathroom, Gibbs held onto Bianca from behind as they stood under the hot shower. They had made sweet love and Bianca was bowled over by how tender and attentive a lover Gibbs was. He made sure that she enjoyed every moment and by the way he responded to her, she was sure that she had made him feel the same way. She had been a bit apprehensive about his entering her from behind, because that was how Jason always took her. But then he'd said, "Trust me, Bianca. Let me show you that you have nothing to fear."

As they had made love, his uninjured hand had moved soothingly up and down the front of her body, caressing her breasts and belly and further down where they were joined. Her hands alternated from holding his hips and urging him on to caressing his face and neck. He had whispered and reassured her all the time. Within a few seconds of penetration, Bianca could feel the vast difference between what Gibbs was doing to her and what Jason had done to her and then there was no more time for thought. All she could do was hold onto the railing in the shower and moan out in pleasure as her climax rippled through her body.

Gibbs couldn't seem to get enough of her. She was sensual and innocent and so responsive and almost demanding. Holding her close just felt so right and it had been a very long time since he had felt like this. But as amazing as it was, it scared him. It was happening too fast and he didn't seem to be able to stop himself from liking her and wanting her so much.

Bianca slowly turned to face him. She took his face between her hands and said, "That was so… so beautiful and I could really get use to having you like this every day." Then she kissed him deeply trying to convey how much, what they'd just shared, meant to her.

"I'm not going anywhere." Gibbs replied as he started kissing down her neck.

"Oh Gibbs! Oh No. We can't. I mean, not so soon. You're still recovering and I can't risk you pulling a muscle or hurting your ribs." Bianca said as she pulled away from him.

"But you just said…" Gibbs protested, wanting her again.

"I know what I said, but that was me just being greedy. Let's get out of here and into bed." Bianca said, as she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself.

"Into bed?" Gibbs questioned with a grin.

"To sleep, nothing else. At least not tonight. But who knows what the morning may bring." Bianca grinned back mischievously, as she handed him a towel. Gibbs tried to dry himself but that was a bit difficult to do one handed. So Bianca took the towel from him and started drying him. This gave her an opportunity to look at his body and soon she was caressing him with her hands the towel forgotten.

"Bianca, you'd better stop." Gibbs whispered in a husky voice, admitting that if she didn't he wouldn't be able to stop himself from making love to her again. Bianca jerked out of her reverie dropping her hand and the towel.

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry." She was flustered as she grabbed a dressing gown from the back of the bathroom door and helped Gibbs into it. Then she placed his arm back into the sling before wrapping her wet hair into a towel and pulling on a dressing gown.

"At least you bandages are water proof so we won't have to change them. I'll just have to get your pain meds and antibiotics before we get to bed." Bianca said as she turned towards the door with Gibbs following behind her.

"Oh I need to grab my hairbrush." Bianca said as she turned and moved away from the door. She passed Gibbs who continued towards the door. As he opened the door his attention was focused on her as she was bending over and removing her hairbrush from the cupboard below the basin. He grinned at the nice view of her butt before turning to take a step out of the bathroom.

That was when he caught a glimpse of silver, as a hand arched through the air and slammed into his left side. Blinding pain twisted through his side as his hand automatically went to grasp his side. The knife was deeply embedded in his flesh and his warm blood bubbled out against his fingers. Within a second he was grabbed by the collar of his gown and flung the 180 degrees from the bathroom door to the closed bedroom door. His back hit violently into the door and his side knocked over a pot plant, shattering it. The impact on his body jarred all his injuries and he gasped out in paralysing agony and shock.

As he sank to the floor he heard Bianca's terrified voice cry out, "JASON! You're dead!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tony wasn't sure what woke him. As he looked around he realized that it was dark outside, which meant he had slept for a good 4 or 5 hours. He shifted slightly in bed and noted that the pain was bearable. Then he heard the sound again and realised that it was his cell phone which was in the drawer next to his bed. He pushed himself up into a sitting position, but by then the phone had stopped ringing. He took a deep breath as he leaned forward and opened the drawer. Inside he found his Sig and his phone.

Upon removing his phone he saw that he had 5 missed calls, all from McGee. He instinctively realised that something was very wrong. As he started dialling McGee's number he heard Bianca cry out, "No. Let me go!"

He got out of bed as quickly as possible, ignoring the pain pulsing through various parts of his body. He grimaced as he pulled his IV line out and sealed the tape over the wound on his hand. Then he grabbed his Sig and made his way to the door.

His phone rang again and he answered it as he leaned against his door.

"McGee, something's wrong. Where are you?" Tony whispered.

"We're on our way. We think that Jason Mattysen's in the house right now and he wants to hurt Bianca." McGee said as he sped down Freeway 74. Bianca cried out again.

"McGee, his already got her. Where's Gibbs?" Tony asked as he scanned the corridor and then moved out into it, his Sig armed and ready to fire.

"He should be there." McGee said.

"He may have been with Bianca, in her room." Ducky added making both younger agents eyebrows raise.

"Okay, I'll see what I can find. Just get here quickly. And call the EMT's just in case." Tony ordered.

"Be careful Tony." Ducky said as the line went dead.

Tony made his way towards the back of the clinic and heard,

"Now I've got you, Bitch. Are you ready for some fun? For 2 years all I could think about, was how I was going to make you pay for what you did. And look, that day as finally come."

"Jason, please…. Don't…" Bianca's words ended with a cry of pain followed by the sound of things falling and breaking. Then Bianca gasped before going silent.

He's knocked her out! Tony angrily thought, as he continued down the corridor.

Jason laughed hysterically for a few moments before growling, "And you Mr Silver Haired Bastard, you think you can just use my bitch without any backlash?! Well you're wrong. Your punishment is that you get to watch how I discipline my bitch, ha. And then you die." Jason growled before laughing hysterically again.

By this time Tony was standing outside Bianca's bedroom door wondering why Gibbs wasn't doing something. His foot landed on something wet and sticky. When he looked down, he saw that his foot was surrounded by a puddle a fresh red blood, which had seeped out under the door.

Gibbs!

---------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

Jason grabbed a hold of Bianca's legs and dragged her across the floor to her bed, ignoring the trail of blood left behind by the oozing gash on her forehead. He lifted her up and threw her face down onto the bed. Then he removed a thick white cord from his pocket and proceeded to tie her spread eagle to the bed posts. Throughout all of this Bianca remained unconscious.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tony tried to control his rage and rising panic as the pool of blood around his foot steadily grew. He wrapped his hand around the door knob and turned it slowly. When he pushed forward he realized that the door was locked from the inside.

Damn it! I'll have to circle around back and take this bastard by surprise. Hang on Boss. I'm coming!

Tony turned away and started moving back towards the kitchen, wiping his barefoot on the carpet. He was cold and already tiring but he pushed his weakness to the back of his mind. He was the only one around and he had to save them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"McGee, how far are you?" Ziva asked the sound of a helicopter in the background.

"We're about 10 minutes away. Tony just confirmed that Jason's in the house and he couldn't find Bianca or Gibbs." McGee informed her.

Ziva swore in Hebrew for a second before recovering herself, "The local Leo's are also about 15 minutes away. So I guess it's up to Tony to do something."

"We've arranged for a Medic chopper to meet us at the clinic but I'm hoping that they won't be needed." Ducky said.

"That's unlikely Ducky, especially since the file I just pulled on Bianca stated that she had left Jason for dead 26 months ago. Since his very much alive I think it's safe to assume that his out for revenge and his kill whoever gets in his way." Ziva informed them.

At the same time there was another incoming call.

"McGee, where the hell are you?" Tony asked in a strained and breathless voice.

"We're almost there." McGee replied as he looked worriedly towards Ducky, before accelerating at top speed.

"I'll be there in the next 20 minutes and the Local Leos are 15 minutes away." Ziva answered.

"Have you found Gibbs and Bianca?" Ducky asked knowing that he was not going to like the answer.

"That bastard just knocked Bianca out and …. And there's a pool of blood seeping under the door out into the corridor. It could be Bianca's but from the sounds coming from the room I think it's more likely…." Tony paused to take a breath as Ziva, McGee and Ducky simultaneously gasped, "Gibbs'!"

"Yeah." Tony replied. "You guys need to get here fast…. Jason's crazy…. I heard him talking about …. making Gibbs witness how he's going to …. punish Bianca…. And he's laughing …. and growling and …. talking like a maniac."

"He's going to rape her and kill her. But he's going to make sure that she feels every bit of pain so that in the end she'll be begging him to end her life." Ducky stated as he ran a hand over his face.

McGee and Tony took a moment to digest what Ducky had just said.

"Tony, where are you now?" Ziva asked, as always being to first to recover and look at a situation practically.

"Outside. I need to get to Bianca's…." Tony paused to catch his breath. "Bianca's bedroom window. Then I'm going to shoot that bastard."

"Why through the bedroom window?" Ducky asked becoming concerned that Tony might collapse outside in the snow and end up with hypothermia or something worse.

"Because the bedroom …. door's bolted from the inside….. Just hurry and get here." Tony whispered a distinct shiver evident in his voice.

----------------------------------------------------------

Agent Gibbs was caught between a conscious and unconscious state. He couldn't move, react or comprehend what had just happened. His vision was hazy and he was nauseous and cold. He could make out someone moving in and out of his hazy vision and speaking, but the images and words were distorted. That was until he heard a familiar name.

"Ah Bianca Darling, or should I call you Bianca my Bitch!" Jason growled as he grabbed a fistful of Bianca's hair and pulled her head up. The sight of blood running down her face thrilled him.

"Yes. Bleed, just the way I like it." Jason said. Then he shook her head violently before dropping it back onto the bed.

That was when Gibbs remembered to breathe. He blinked his eyes once, twice and then the room came into sharp focus. A man was getting onto Bianca's bed and he had a knife in his hand.

I need to move! I have to save her. Why can't I move? Damn it what's wrong with me? Tony, McGee, Ducky … someone … anyone …HELP! Gibbs mentally cried out. His body was alien to him, refusing to obey his command to move. He could feel the sticky, wet liquid seeping through his stiff fingers at his side. But he couldn't look down to see how bad the injury was nor could he do anything to stench the blood flow. Cold started to settle around his heart and radiate to his extremities as his eyes remained focused on Bianca's bed. With growing dread and fury he observed the horribly psychotic scene unfold.

Jason sat astride Bianca's back and hooked the edge of the carving knife into the neckline of her gown. He grinned demonically at the sound of the fabric being ripped. He stopped cutting just above her butt nicking her sensitive skin. Once he'd put the knife aside, he placed his hands under the gown and throw it open revealing her bareback.

"So smooth, just as I remember it." Jason growled as he leaned in and licked from tiny the blood drop at the swell of her butt up her spine all the way to her neck.

"Delicious! Mmm. But this is not fair! You need to be awake so your screams can cheer me on." Jason shrieked as he picked up the knife again. Gibbs watched in utter terror as Jason lifted the knife up into the air, grinned satirically and then brought it down forcefully, burying it deeply into Bianca's upper arm.

Bianca jerked to consciousness as a petrified scream left her throat. Excruciating and agonizing pain radiated up and down her right arm leaving her in a state of shock. Her vision consisted of black and white spots and her head felt like fireworks were going off every nanosecond.

Gibbs berated himself for his inability to move and help her. What made him even more furious was that he was panicking and having difficulties breathing.

"Oh good, Mr. Silvered Haired Bastard how nice of you to join us. And just in time too." Jason growled as he heard Gibbs gasping for breathe. Bianca froze as she recognized Jason's voice. And then she realized that Gibbs was in the room and probably hurt.

"Gibbs!" Bianca whispered as she forcefully lifted her spinning head and looked for him. A few second passed before she saw him sitting against her bedroom door, blood soaking his side.

"Gibbs!" Bianca cried out in anguish, blaming herself for his pain. As she tried to pull herself up to go to him she realized that she was tied to the bed.

"Let me GO!" she growled, steel in her voice as she ignored her pain and mounting fear.

"Ah welcome Darling. I've missed you so much so there's no way I'm letting you go. I mean we have so much to do and there's not a moment to waste!" Jason licked the side of Bianca's face. As she jerked away, he straightened up and reached for the knife still embedded in her upper arm.

"No!" Bianca gasped.

"NO!" Gibbs mentally gasped.

"Yes!" Jason sneered as he withdrew the knife, slowly, ever so slowly from her shoulder.

"Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!" Bianca's blood curding cry echoed through the clinic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pain of being impelled by the knife was nothing compared to having the knife slowly removed from her upper arm. As he removed the knife Jason ensured that he widened the wound. Then he laughed as Bianca trembled in agony, her blood gushing and splashing out of the angry wound. Bianca almost passed out from the trauma. But Jason would have none of that.

He shouted, "Enough foreplay!"

Then he took the knife and plunged it into Bianca's upper right thigh. She couldn't hold back her cry of pain.

I'm going to die today! He's going to keep stabbing me and then his going to rape me, repeatedly and then if I'm lucky, his going to kill me!

"Oh Sorry about that B. I didn't realize your thigh was back there!" Jason snorted.

At the same time, the rage and panic rushing through Gibbs' veins overwhelmed him causing his throat to close up. His last conscious thought was, she's going to die and I'm going to let her!

Jason laughed hysterically as he heard Gibbs' asphyxiated breathe and watched his eyes flutter close as his head slumped forward.

"Hey B, what a pity! Your new man didn't have the heart to watch so he's gone and died on us." Jason said with mock sympathy.

Tears of grieve and pain, both physical and emotional, coursed down Bianca's face as she thought about Gibbs and how he had been caught in the middle of something that had nothing to do with him.

I'm so sorry Gibbs!

"It's time to get down to business. Oh Baby! I've missed doing you! I hope you're just as tight as you always were. Mmm, I want you so bad right now, I can taste it. And the smell of your blood is driving me crazy." Jason growled in anticipation as he stood on his knees, between Bianca's spread legs. He unbuttoned his shirt and slipped it off his shoulders. Then his hands moved to the belt at his waist. Bianca closed her eyes and tried to steel herself against what was about to happen. She knew that there was not way to escape this and now she wished for death to come and to come quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a really bad feeling, Ducky!" McGee said as he took the off ramp from Freeway 74.

"I know what you mean Tim." Ducky said as he rubbed his forehead, where a throbbing ache seemed to have taken up residence.

Both Gibbs and Tony were not in the best of health at the moment and with a maniac like Jason in their midst, Ducky could only imagine how out of hand things could become. And Bianca, she would be terrified. Gibbs had said that she had been having nightmares about Jason and now her nightmare was turning into reality.

Dear Lord, please let us reach them in time. I don't want to have to autopsy another friend. Please!

McGee too was silently praying that they were not too late. At the same time he and Ducky heard the sound of a chopper overhead.

"Ziva will get there before we do. But how?" Ducky wondered out loud.

"Maybe she flies choppers the same way she drives cars, reckless and fast." McGee said as he accelerated up the hill which overlooked the clinic.

McGee dialled Ziva's number and as soon as she answered she said, "We're landing now. Where are you?"

"We're a minute away." McGee replied.

"The Local Leo's are not yet here but we can't wait for them. I'll take the outside and back of the clinic." Ziva said.

"I'll take the inside and Ducky, please wait in the car. We'll call you when it's save." McGee stated as he hung up.

-----------------------------------------------------

Outside Bianca's window, Tony gasped as he tried to catch his ragged breathe. His bare feet were freezing as was the rest of his body. In addition to that all the aches and pains in his body had returned with full force and he was finding it very difficult to remain standing. At the same time Tony heard the sound of a chopper not too far away.

He sighed in relief as he thought, Finally! When this is over I'm going to have to have a chat with those two junior agents! How the hell could they leave us alone at a time like this?

Tony realised that although help was close on hand it was still up to him to ensure that things didn't turn sour. So he ignored his discomfort as he tightened his hold on his Sig and peered through Bianca's window.

His eyes moved to the door first.

Son of a Bitch! Boss! Don't you dare be dead!

Then Tony's eyes shifted to the bed. He gasped at what he saw.

Jason was standing on the bed, between Bianca's bound and spread legs. He was removing his boxers and leering down at Bianca. She was lying so still, she looked dead.

Tony raised his Sig, aimed it at Jason's head as Jason kneeled down between Bianca's hands. Then he fired off 3 rounds before collapsing backwards onto the hard, cold, snow covered ground.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Ziva approached McGee and Ducky, three shots rang out across the open air. McGee and Ziva drew their weapons as they ran towards the clinic, neither one sure of what they were about to find.

Ducky ignored McGee's order to stay at the car and followed Ziva towards the back of the clinic. As they rounded the bend the clinic, Ziva's feet almost faltered as she saw her partner lying motionless on the ground.

Ducky gasped, "Tony!" as he ran faster. Ziva grabbed his hand and pulled him aside, not sure if the threat had been eliminated by Tony or not. As they approached the side of the clinic Ziva indicated that Ducky should crouch down and crawl towards Tony.

Ducky did as instructed. As he reached Tony, he immediately placed two fingers against Tony's neck and sighed in relieve at the steady pulse he found there. He immediately removed his long coat and draped it over the unconcious man as he gave him a quick once over.

At the same time Ziva peered into Bianca's bedroom. Her eyes scanned the interior intently before she straightened up as she said, "Clear! Where are the EMTs?" That said she pushed herself up onto the window pane and pushed herself through the window.

At the same time McGee rushed towards the back of the clinic.

"The insides clear, but I can't get into Bianca's room and there's a lot of blood pooled in the corridor. Oh God! Is Tony going to be okay?" he asked just as the sounds of various sirens were heard.

"McGee, Get in here!" Ziva shouted, her voice bordering on panic.

Ducky and McGee stood up to look into the room.

"Oh God, Jethro!" Ducky exclaimed.

"Boss!" McGee growled as he scrambled into the window.

"He's not breathing!" Ziva shouted as she pulled Gibbs onto his back and started CPR. McGee joined her a second later.

"Come on Gibbs! Don't do this." Ziva shouted before forcing another breathe of air into Gibbs lungs.

"Boss. Damn it!" McGee growled as he continued with the measured chest compressions.

Ducky was torn between staying with Tony and attending to Gibbs. He was also concerned about Bianca as she was trapped under Jason's dead weight on the bed.

Jethro, you've been through worse and survived! Don't give up now man! Oh lord Bianca, are you still alive? And did that Bastard rape you? Oh hell, where are those darn paramedics?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------

"Boss, breathe! Come On!" McGee growled, his own breathing harsh as he continued to compress Gibbs' chest. The floor was covered in blood and McGee knew that they needed to stop the bleeding. But first they needed to get Gibbs breathing again.

"It's not working!" Ziva stated before leaning in and forcing another breath of air into Gibbs' lungs.

"How long has he been unresponsive?" The EMT who was suddenly at their side asked, as he opened his bag and started removing various tubes and equipment.

"We found him like this about 3 minutes ago." McGee huffed.

A second EMT placed a thick dressing against Gibbs' bleeding side, wrapping it around the knife in an effort to prevent it from moving. Ziva and McGee continued giving Gibbs CPR as the EMT hooked up an IV line to Gibbs' arm as well as a heart monitor to his chest.

The first EMT cleared Gibbs' airway and forced a tube down his throat. To the end of the tube he attached what looked like an odd shaped balloon and then he started pumping it, forcing measured amounts of air into Gibbs' lungs. Ziva and McGee were then pushed out of the way. McGee wrapped an arm around Ziva's shoulders as they watched the EMT's work on Gibbs.

"Pupils are dilated, No pulse, BP's low, charging to 200 Jules. Clear!" The second EMT stated as he placed the paddles of the defibrillator against Gibbs' chest. Gibbs' body jerked off the ground as the charge entered his body.

The EMT's waited a second before the first continued to pump air into Gibbs' lungs.

"No rhythm, charging to 250 Jules, Clear!" The second stated. He set the paddles against Gibbs chest again and Gibbs' body jerked off the floor for a second time in as many minutes.

"Nothing!" The EMT shouted.

We're losing him! We were too late! McGee thought as his eyes clouded with unshed tears.

Just then Ziva pulled away from McGee and turned to look at the bed where another EMT was trying to move Jason off Bianca's back. Ziva moved towards the bed and helped the EMT.

Anything's better then watching, helplessly, as Gibbs slips away.

"Mmmmmmmm!" Bianca moaned out as feeling returned to her body. She also gasped shallow breathes as Jason's weight was removed from her back.

"Mam, can you hear me? Can you tell me where you're hurt?" The EMT asked as he noted her blood covered face and neck, her bleeding arm and the knife embedded in her thigh.

"Mmmmm!" Bianca moaned again, her body numb with pain and her thinking processes sluggish and laboured.

"McGee, help me!" Ziva called out, forcing him to look away from Gibbs.

Ziva used her knife to cut through Bianca's bonds at her wrists. McGee cut the bonds at Bianca's ankles and grabbed a blanket to cover her exposed back. Both her wrists and ankles were bruised and bloody.

The minute her hands were free, pins and needles followed by pulsating pain radiated up and down Bianca's arms. Her head felt like it was exploding and she was too lame and weak to move. Then the pain in her thigh and arm increased tenfold as the EMT directed Ziva and McGee apply pressure to the two wounds.

"Bianca, it's okay. You're going to be okay." McGee said praying that his words would hold true.

Bianca looked terrible, blood everywhere and bits and pieces of Jason's brain covering the one side of her face. Ziva knew that Bianca must have some head trauma but it was impossible to see where her wounds started and Jason's shattered organs ended.

The EMT wrapped her thigh, securing the knife in place. Then he wrapped her arm, before asking McGee and Ziva to help him turn Bianca onto her back. The movement caused more pain to zigzag across her body and Bianca started to gasp for breath in earnest. Then blood started trickling out the side of her mouth.

"She must have a broken rib which has punctured her lung." The EMT said as he slipped the stethoscope under her gown and listened to her chest. "Quick, turn her onto her left side. We need to keep pressure on this side to prevent her lung from filling with blood." he continued. McGee and Ziva complied and then the EMT started examined Bianca, noting her weak vitals and numerous injuries.

Bianca took shallow breathes as she tried to get her bearings and assess her injuries by the amount of pain throbbing through her body. When she finally opened her eyes, what she saw brought on more horrendous pain.

"Gibbs?" Bianca whispered as she witnessed the EMT's battle to bring him back.

"Nothing! We may have to call it!" The EMT said with regret.

Ziva's breath caught in her throat as she turned to look at Gibbs. McGee closed his eyes in helpless defeat.

No!!! Jethro! Bianca gasped out in anguish as the reality of the situation overwhelmed her senses. His dying! The man I love is dying!

As Bianca moved, trying to reach out to her love, the sharp, pointed pain shooting through her body robbed her of breath and forced her over the edge into endless darkness.

------------------------------------------------------

Outside, another two EMT's had just moved Tony from the cold ground onto a gurney. They covered his shivering body with blankets before one EMT started taking his vital signs. As the second EMT took a hold of Tony's arm and pierced his flesh with the IV needle, Tony came violently awake and started fighting him.

"Anthony, it's okay. You're safe!" Ducky shouted as he tried to get Tony to focus on him while still holding Tony down on the gurney.

"Ducky?" Tony questioned as his vision cleared for a second.

"Yes, it's me. How are you…." Ducky's words were cut short, as Tony started struggling again.

"Gibbs?... Bianca?... Are … they… okay? I… need to … see them!" Tony insisted pushing up against Ducky's restraining hands as he ignored his own aches and pains.

"Agent DiNozzo, please calm down." The EMT stated as he too tried to hold Tony down on the gurney.

"Let go … of me. I need…to know… they're … okay!" Tony growled as he hit the EMT's hands away and forced himself up into a sitting position.

"Gibbs! Oh… my God! No!!!" Tony gasped in alarm as he saw the EMT's working in Gibbs' still form. Ducky shook his head in pain and regret.

As Tony, Ducky, Ziva and McGee watched, the second EMT grabbed a syringe from his bag. He stabbed it into Gibbs chest and forced a measured dose of adrenaline directly into his heart. Then he picked up the paddles again, charged them to 350 jules and shouted, "Clear!" before administering the shock.

Everyone waited with bated breathe, hoping against hope that Gibbs would respond.

And to the utter amazement of everyone, Gibbs gasped and gagged as his eyes flew open.

Tony grinned in relief before collapsing back onto the gurney and moaning out in pain.

"Welcome back Gibbs." Ziva said, tears running down her cheeks.

"You gave us quiet a scare, Boss." McGee stated as he wiped the lone tear that had rolled down his cheek.

"Get the gurney. We're not out of the woods yet. We have to get him to Bethesda's trauma unit stat!" The first EMT shouted as the second one spoke calmly to Gibbs, "Agent Gibbs, you have a ventilation tube in your throat. Don't fight it okay. We're going to move you to a gurney and then you'll be airlifted to the hospital."

Gibbs couldn't make sense of anything beyond the pain radiating through his body. His chest felt like a ton of bricks had fallen on it and his throat was closed up around a foreign tube making him what to gag. His side was on fire and felt ripped to shreds. He just wanted to close his eyes and get away from all the noise and pain. But they were lifting and moving him now. Then he was being rushed down the corridor of the clinic.

Clinic? Bianca … where are you?

Every time he closed his eyes, he heard someone insist, "Stay with me, Agent Gibbs. Come on you have to keep your eyes open. That's it."

But the tendrils of darkness reaching out to him were just too inviting and Gibbs was too tired to fight its allure. So as they got him into the chopper his eyes slipped closed and no amount of prodding and shouting was able to draw him out of the blackness.

------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they arrived at Bethesda, Gibbs and Bianca were rushed into surgery, both of them in critical condition. Tony had been examined in the ER and to the immense relief of everyone, he didn't have frostbite. Nor had he aggravated any of his other injuries. That however didn't mean he was fit enough to leave the hospital.

Tony had just been moved from the ER to a ward and the Doctor and nurse were settling him in. The nurse placed a nasal canula in place and then took his vitals, noting that his blood pressure was high and his temperature was increasing.

"Agent DiNozzo, you need to calm down. Your pressure's too high and you're running a fever." Dr Masterson said.

"When will we have any news on Gibbs' condition?" Tony asked ignoring the doctor.

Tony's emotions were in turmoil. Every time he closed his eyes he could see Gibbs lying motionless on the floor and he could hear the EMT say, ‘We may need to call it!'

"Agent DiNozzo, all I know is that Agent Gibbs is still in surgery and he is listed at critical. Nurse Noel will inform you as soon as we hear any more." Dr Masterson replied as he caught Ducky's eye.

Damn it! I need to know now! Oh God Gibbs! You have to survive this! I still need to tell you, no show you how much you mean to me. Oh God, Please don't let me loose him. He's my … Boss … no…his more like my … Father! Yes… he is the only father I've ever had and the only father I've ever wanted. Oh God I can't loose him!

Tony thought back to when he had woken up in the clinic and found Gibbs holding his hand crying. He remembered Gibbs' expression when he had called him Dad.

These memories made Tony more restless and agitated.

"Dr Masterson, as you can see Anthony is highly distressed. Could you give him something to…?" Ducky whispered as he called the doctor aside.

"I'm planning on a shot of Tramal for the pain and fever with 10cc of Droperidol to knock him out." Dr Masterson replied before turning to the nurse and instructing her to get the required meds.

"Ducky, can you go and find out if there's any news on Gibbs? And where's Ziva and McGee?" Tony asked realizing that he hadn't seen them in the last hour since arriving at the hospital.

"Timothy and Ziva are following up on everything at the scene. And I'll go and check on Gibbs once I know that you're okay." Ducky replied.

"I'm OKAY! Now just go and……Hey, what are you giving me?" Tony asked the nurse as she approached him with two syringes.

"Anthony, let the nurse do her job. She's just giving you something for the pain and fever." Ducky admonished.

Tony knew that he should be suspicious. Hell he was suspicious but the pain pulsating through his body, especially his head, was getting worse and he didn't think that he could handle much more of it.

"Okay, but there better not be any sedatives in those shots!" Tony warned as the nurse administered the shots into his IV line. She smiled almost sympathetically as she neatened his blankets before leaving the room.

Within a few minutes, Tony started feeling groggy.

"Ducky, damn it! How could you let …..them knock me out? I need to… see Gibbs…. He has to … be okay! He's … like …a … Dad …" Tony mumbled as he fell into a drug induced sleep.

Ducky's vision blurred with tears that suddenly gathered in his eyes. Tony's words drove home how much he himself loved Gibbs. The only difference was that he saw Gibbs as a son whereas Tony saw him as a father.

Oh Jethro, my boy. You have to pull through this. I need you and so does young Anthony.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ziva, are you okay?" McGee asked as Ziva paced the OR waiting room like a caged cat.

"Yes, McGee. I am fine." Ziva snapped as she continued pacing.

"Are you sure?" McGee asked knowing that she was no where near fine. None of them were.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? Okay yes, Gibbs in is surgery fighting for his life. And Bianca, Tony saved her but she may have been raped by that maniac. Oh and Tony, his going to be okay. So yes … I… am … fine!" Ziva growled as unwanted tears snaked down her cheeks.

McGee stood up and reached out to her. She collapsed into his arms and he held her tight.

"I am fine!" Ziva insisted as she held onto McGee. He didn't say anything as there was really nothing to say. As she sobbed, her reaction contradicting her words, McGee allowed his own tears of fear and pain to roll down his cheeks.

This was how Ducky found them a few minutes later. As he took in the way they held onto each other and the tears staining their faces, he collapsed into a chair and gasped in anguish.

"Oh God, Jethro …." Ducky cried out, his heart aching with grief.

McGee and Ziva pulled apart instantly and Ziva kneel infront of Ducky and quickly tried to calm his fears, "Ducky, no! We haven't heard anything yet."

Ducky was too distraught and didn't hear her clearly.

Just then Abby bounded into the room. Taking in the tears and grief stricken faces she gasped.

"What is it? Is it Tony? Oh God no! Gibbs, it can't be Gibbs! Don't tell me that one of them has gone and died.… I won't accept it! Oh no, I'm going …. to make them … suffer so bad if that's … that's what's happened. I mean … how can they? … They know how much I love them! … They know how hurt …. I would be! … They can't be dead!!!!." Abby cried as she backed away from the rest of the team wringing her hands in desperation as her blood turned cold in her veins.

"Abby, listen to me! Abby!" McGee shouted as he grabbed a hold of her arms. "Tony is in a ward down stairs, recovering and we haven't heard anything about Gibbs as yet. He is still in surgery and so is Bianca." McGee continued as he took Abby into his arms.

"Oh McGee!" Abby sobbed as she got her panic under control.

"Jethro's alive?" Ducky asked as he pulled away from Ziva.

"Yes, as far as we know, he is still in surgery." Ziva said, not hiding the tears rolling down her face.

"Oh, that's a relief! I'm sorry, my dear, for breaking down like this in front of you. I just thought the worst when I walked in here and found you two crying." Ducky said as he wiped his face and tried to pull himself together.

"We were just reliving those moments at the clinic when we were doing CPR on Gibbs….." Ziva's words died as a nurse walked into the room.

"Are you here for Agent Gibbs?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm Dr Mallard and this is his team. How…how is he?" Ducky asked as he stood up and placed an arm around Ziva on one side and another around Abby.

"He's still in surgery. The knife's been removed and he was very lucky that it didn't pierce his spleen or kidney. We're checking for internal bleeding now and we've got him on replacement fluids. At this stage he is listed as critical but stable." She said and a heavy sigh of relief filled the room.

"What about any brain trauma? He stopped breathing for over 5 minutes." Ducky anxiously asked.

"We don't know if he has any permanent damage as a result of oxygen deprivation. We'll only know more once he is out of surgery and wakes up." The nurse replied.

"How is Bianca doing?" McGee asked as everyone absorbed the news about Gibbs.

"We've repaired her punctured lung and are working on her thigh right now. We're puzzled however about the low volume of blood in her system. Do any of you …."

"Oh yes, she saved Anthony's life the other day by giving him over a pint of her own blood. Is she going to be okay?" Ducky asked.

"She's in hypovolemic shock so we've got her on blood and fluids to try and boost her blood pressure. We'll just have to wait until she's out of surgery to see if she has any other complications as a result of the lack of fluids in her system. Oh, we also ran the rape kit as per your request Dr Mallard. She did have intercourse sometime in the last 4 hours but the kit came back negative for violent penetration." The nurse informed them.

Everyone realized that Gibbs and Bianca had been together just before Jason's attack. They wondered how close the two of them were and how the events of the last few hours would affect both of them once they were on the road to recovery. But none of them commented said this, all just glad that Tony had prevented Jason from raping Bianca.

The nurse told them that Gibbs and Bianca would be in surgery for another hour at least and she would come and get them as soon as they were moved to the ICU ward.

Although everyone was still worried and afraid, they each pulled themselves together and decided to have something to eat in the hospital cafeteria. As they ate, McGee and Ziva filled Abby in on everything that had happened. Abby tried to be brave but when she heard about Gibbs not breathing and how the EMT's almost gave up, she couldn't stop the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

You'll be fine. After all you're Gibbs and you do everything on your own terms. You'll pull through this surgery, and you'll get up, when you're good and ready. But you will get up. You will! Abby repeated this hoping that she could somehow psychically force Gibbs to listen and do what she needed him to do.

----------------------------------------------------

Bianca had just been moved into the ICU ward after being in surgery for over 2 hours. Ducky waited until the nurses had settled her and taken her vital signs before entering the room.

Bianca was asleep so Ducky looked at her chart and then took a seat next to her bed. He decided to stay with her for a while because he didn't want her to wake up alone. Gibbs was still in surgery and the Nurse indicated that he would be out in the next 30 minutes so Ducky had time. McGee, Ziva and Abby decided to wait in the ICU waiting room until Gibbs was out of surgery and settled in the ICU ward.

Ducky heard Bianca moan and he quickly got up and took her hand into his. She was cold to the touch and now she was tossing her head from side to side.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Hey B, what a pity! Your new man didn't have the heart to watch so he's gone and died on us." Jason sneered.

Gibbs I'm so sorry, Bianca sobbed. She was bound, naked, to the bed her back facing Jason.

"Bianca, you're having a bad dream. You need to wake up." Ducky said as he placed a calming hand on her shoulder.

"Now it's time to get on with the main event of the day Spread your legs a little more and lift your butt up, now!" Jason ordered.

"Bianca, do as I say or I'll go and carve out your dead boyfriend's eyes and place them on the bed next to you!" He growled. Then his hands were on her hips, lifting her off the bed.

Bianca wrapped her hands into the sheets as she clenched her fists and gasped for breathe.

"Come to Daddy, sugar…" Jason huskily gasped as he settled his knees below her thighs, angling her hips higher. She tried to resist and he smacked her hard on her exposed butt. Then he grabbed her again and dug his fingers into her hips, lifting her up again.

"Bianca, wake up!" Ducky said as he noticed the tears running down Bianca's face.

"You want it rough and hard don't you? I'll show you just how much I can make it hurt!" Jason huskily growled. And then Bianca felt his ridged flesh, penetrate her tight and unresponsive body. Her body felt like it was being torn in two!

Bianca gasped out in horror as she violently jerked awake.

"Bianca, calm down. You're safe. Bianca can you hear me?" Ducky asked as he held onto Bianca's hand, relieved that she was finally awake.

"Argh…" Bianca gasped as pain sizzled up and down her body. She unclenched her fists and held onto her side with one hand and her thigh with the other.

"Bianca, you're in the hospital and you're safe." Ducky said as the nurse approached and starting taking Bianca's vitals. Bianca took a few deep breaths as she tried to get rid of the horrible images from her dream. She opened her eyes slowly and looked around the room, her vision hazy.

"How bad …" Bianca whispered as she swallowed against the pain.

"You have a stab wound in your right arm and right thigh. You also have a broken rib that punctured your lung and that's why you have the nasal canula. You also lost a lot of blood so they've given you a transfusion and they are keeping you on fluids." Ducky replied.

"Bianca, I'm going to give you a shot of Morphine for the pain. It will help you to sleep too." The nurse said as she prepared to stick a needle into Bianca's IV line.

"No!! No, I don't … want to sleep." Bianca insisted as she tried to sit up despite the pain.

"Bianca, you've just come out of surgery. You are in a lot of pain. Anyone can see that. So please just lie still and let the nurse give you the medication." Ducky admonished as he gently pushed Bianca back against the pillows.

"Where's …. Jason?" Bianca asked as she rested against the pillows for a second. Ducky could see the fear and rage in her eyes.

"Jason's dead, Bianca. You're safe now. You need to rest…" Ducky explained but Bianca cut him off.

"Where is … his body?"

"It's in the morgue at NCIS head quarters." Ducky said noting how unfocused Bianca's eyes were and how distracted she seemed.

"I want to… see him … NOW!" Bianca gasped in rage.

"No absolutely not! You need to rest and…" The nurse started to say as she prepared to administer the morphine again. Bianca lashed out at her, hitting her hand which in turn caused the syringe to fall to the ground.

"Bianca, calm down." Ducky said as Bianca started sitting up again. She gasped and squeezed her eyes in pain, but she refused to sit down again.

"I'm going to get Dr Taylor." The nurse said as she left the room.

"Ducky… I need to … see his body … Please!" Bianca begged as her breathing became laboured.

"Why? Why do you want to see him again?" Ducky asked, totally puzzled.

"I need … to be … sure that … he's dead … this time!" Bianca gasped, her breath coming in short spurts.

"Bianca, I think you need to calm down. Maybe tomorrow, if you're feeling better, we'll take you to see Jason's body…." Ducky tried to convince her.

Bianca shook her head and regretted it immediately, "No, aarrgghh… I need to …do this now. Please … help me … Ducky… Please!"

Her body trembled and quivered with pain, but Bianca knew that she would not be able to rest until she saw Jason's dead body.

"Please!" She begged as Ducky placed a hand on her shoulder again.

"Okay, I'll have his body brought here so that you can see it. But you will let the nurse give you something for the pain in the meantime." Ducky insisted.

"Okay, Tramadol… 15cc… Nothing … else." Bianca gasped as Ducky forced her to lie down again.

Ducky informed Dr Taylor about Bianca's request and against his better judgment Dr Taylor agreed to administer a Tramadol shot instead of the Morphine. He also arranged for Bianca to be wheeled down to the morgue once Jason's body had arrived.

McGee and Ziva were waiting with the body as Ducky and a nurse wheeled Bianca into the morgue.

Bianca swallowed the lump that was lodged in her throat as she looked at the body covered in a white sheet that lay on the cold autopsy table. Her biggest fear was that she would remove the sheet and the body wouldn't be Jason's.

"Bianca, are you sure you want to do this?" McGee asked.

"Yes, but I need to do this alone." Bianca insisted her eyes glued to the autopsy table.

"That's not a good idea." Ziva stated.

Bianca looked sharply at her and said, "Please, I just… I need to do this…"

"Okay, but you will only have two minutes and then we're taking you back up to the ICU." Ducky warned as he nodded his head at McGee and Ziva, indicating that they should back away. They retreated to the door but didn't leave.

Bianca pulled herself up into a sitting position, gasping and gagging in pain. Once she felt stable enough she reached forward and pulled the sheet away.

Half of Jason's face was missing, but she could see that it was him. She pushed herself off her bed almost collapsing before righting herself and standing next to the autopsy table.

"Bastard!" She swore.

"Why did you … have to come … back? Why did … you have to … to rape me again?" Bianca cried out, tears streaming down her face as she lashed out at the dead body. Ziva and McGee moved forward instantly with the intention of stopping Bianca from hurting herself.

"Why did you … rape me … again? Why?" Bianca sobbed as she continued to lash out at Jason with her fists, ignoring the pain that that movement brought to her whole body.

"Bianca, he didn't rape you. Tony shot him before he had a chance to." Ziva gently informed Bianca as she removed her hands from Jason's cold body.

"What?!" Bianca gasped in doubt as Ziva helped her back onto her bed.

"It's true, Bianca. The Doctor's ran a rape kit and confirmed that Jason didn't rape you." Ducky concurred.

"Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!" Bianca cried out in heartbreaking anguish.

"Bianca it's okay. You're going to be okay." McGee said.

"No … I'll never be … Okay. He may not… have raped me… but … he killed … Jethro! Oh God, Jethro I am so sorry!" Bianca sobbed the physical pain of her injuries nothing in comparison to the grief she was now feeling for Gibbs.

"No Bianca. He didn't kill Jethro. Jethro's just been moved from recovery to the ICU." Ducky quickly tried to reassure her.

Bianca stared at him in disbelief before gasping for breath and passing out, her physical pain and this latest bit of information too much for her mind to comprehend.

----------------------------------------------------
"Oh Gibbs!" Abby sighed when she was finally allowed into his room.

He looked so pale and still. He was intubated and had 2 IV lines, one in his neck and another in his arm supplying blood and fluids. There was also a cacophony of sounds coming from the numerous monitors that were hooked up to various parts of his body. The Doctor had said that he was stable but they wouldn't know more until he woke up.

Abby touched his cold hand gently and looked at his face. Then she just started speaking.

"It's been a rough few days. I know that I shouldn't complain, but you know how much I miss you and Tony and McGee and even Ziva, when all of you are away. It's just so lonely in the lab all by myself!"

Abby sat down in the chair next to the bed, tucked her legs under her and continued to hold onto Gibbs' hand.

"I missed you walking into the lab with my Caf-Pow and I missed your hugs and kisses and most of all I missed your voice. You know Gibbs you have a very sexy voice. No wonder you end up leaving so many broken hearts in your wake."

"I guess I should tell you how everyone's doing. Ziva and McGee are holding all of us together. They've really grown into excellent Junior Gibbs'. Tony's also doing well and his in a ward just two floor away. He's being sedated, because otherwise the nurses just can't handle him. Ducky's taken all of this a bit hard. I mean he isn't as young as he tries to pretend you know and first Tony and then you and then Tony and then you and then Bianca and then you and Tony and …. Oh I'm confusing myself. Let me just say that you need to give Duckman a break so that he can recover from all of this."

"Gibbs about Bianca, mmm do you really like her? I'm only asking because I've hear about everything that she did to save Tony and you and I was just wondering if what you are feeling is maybe gratitude and not anything more. But if you are feeling something more, that's fine too. I mean you haven't been with anyone for so long so it may be a bit hinky to see you with a woman, but if she makes you happy then I'm all for it. She's in the room next to you and she's doing just fine although she did… Oh never mind." Abby stopped herself from saying how upset Bianca had been upon waking.

"Gibbs, take all the time you need to wake up but just please… please wake up okay. Now I know you can hear me and I know that you will never disappoint me so I'm going out to get coffee for you and a Caf-Pow for me before we continue this conversation any further." Abby said as she stood up and kissed Gibbs lightly on the forehead, her eyes brimming with tears.

"I love you Bossman!" She whispered before leaving the room.

And so for the next 3 days Abby took turns with the rest of the team to visit Gibbs, Tony and Bianca. On day 3 the Doctor removed the ventilation tube and did a CAT scan to measure Gibbs' brain activity. He informed everyone, that there were no signs of damage, but that didn't necessarily mean that there was no damage.

"We have to wait for Agent Gibbs to wake up and then we will be able to better assess his condition." The doctor explained before leaving Ducky and Tony with Gibbs.

"Anthony, I'm going to check on Bianca. Will you be okay here?" Ducky asked.

Bianca had become withdrawn and didn't want to speak about her ordeal. After the outburst in the morgue she was taken back to her room and the high doses of pain meds kept her pretty well sedated. But now 3 days later, she refused to even acknowledge what had happened. She asked about Gibbs' condition and would then slip into a distracted and uncomfortable silence, leaving Ducky rambling on about one or other story.

Once or twice, when Ducky went to check on her while she was asleep, he always found her in the throes of a nightmare. So he took it upon himself to get his friend Dr Randers, a psychologist, to speak to her. Now he had to go and tell her about this and get her to agree to see Dr Randers.

"Ducky, I'll be fine. Tell Bianca I'll come and see her later this afternoon." Tony replied.

Once Ducky had left the room, Tony pulled his chair closer to Gibbs' bed. Hesitantly he took Gibbs' hand into his and held into it.

"Gibbs, how much longer are you planning to drag this out? I know that you've been through a lot and that I'm the cause of half of your misery, but don't you think you've punished me enough?" Tony whispered. This was the first time in 3 days that he was alone with the one man that meant the most to him and he was going to tell this man just how much he meant to him.

Gibbs' muddled senses start to awaken and he was drawn to the soft voice that beckoned from beyond the darkness. But he was too weak to give any outward sign of his state of consciousness.

"I have no idea how this happened or why it happened. Maybe growing up without love and care and commitment in a big, cold mansion made me more vulnerable than I would ever admit. But all I know is that you have become the standard by which I judge myself. I still have so much to learn from you and I still need…. Need you so…. Much! So come on and wake up already!" Tony's voice caught as tears rolled down his face.

The voice became more coherent and Gibbs inwardly sighed as the words finally started making sense. DiNozzo!

"Damn it, Gibb. I…Love you, man. What you've shown me, no one else has come close to showing me. Respect, trust, loyalty, and commitment … all of this I've learnt from you. You've broken through my barriers and …. Cut through my defenses and …. And I just need you wake up so that I can tell you how I feel!" Tony gasped as pain and grief swelled in his heart. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on the back of

Gibbs' hand and his tears spilled over onto Gibbs' hand.

"I … feel the … same…Tony." Gibbs' hoarse whisper reached Tony's ears. Tony's head shot up and joy and delight quickly followed by embarrassment flowed through him.

"Boss, how are you feeling?" Tony asked as he started to remove his hand from Gibbs'.

Gibb didn't hear him and he wouldn't let Tony pull away.

"I love you… like as if you …were my own. Do you understand… Tony?" Gibbs gasped, tears rolling down the side of his face, his eyes locked with Tony's.

Tony's throat closed up as he tried to control the dam of tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He nodded his head and Gibbs sighed closing his eyes as he squeezed Tony's hand lightly. Tony took a second to compose himself, before pressing the buzzer for the nurse's station.

"How are you feeling, Gibbs?" Tony asked when Gibbs' eyes fluttered open again.

"Is that a… trick question, Son?" Gibbs whispered as every injury in his body hummed with pain. All Tony heard was the word ‘Son' and he felt like a kid in a candy store who had just been told that everything in that store belonged to him.

"Wipe that grin … off your face. This doesn't … change anything." Gibbs smirked despite the pain coursing through his body, startling Tony out of his fantasy.

"Aaaammm, won't it affect our work situation Gibbs?" Tony asked wondering how he was going to hide how good he felt from the rest of the team.

"It won't. …I'll still watch you six …and I'll still kick your butt …when necessary!" Gibbs told him, but his eyes shone with an emotion that he had always kept well hidden, love!

"I wouldn't expect anything else and I promise not to call you Dad in front of the rest of the team. I wouldn't want to make them jealous or anything." Tony said in a serious voice as his eyes brimmed with laughter.

Gibbs looked at him for a second, before lifting his hand, which felt as heavy as lead and placing it on the back of Tony's head. Than he caressed the back of Tony's head as he said, "The titles don't …make us who or… what we are. Our actions… do that."

Just then the nurse and Doctor walked in. Tony nodded his head at Gibbs indicating that he knew exactly what Gibbs meant.

"Agent Gibbs, how are you feeling?" Dr Morrison asked as he examined Gibbs' eyes and the nurse checked his vital signs.

"Okay…" Gibbs whispered as he grimaced in pain.

"Sandra, 15 cc of Morphine stat. We don't have to limit the pain meds any longer as Agent Gibbs is awake and responsive." Dr Morrison instructed the nurse and she started preparing the meds.

"Agent Gibbs, do you remember what happened?" The doctor asked.

Memories flashed through Gibbs' mind.

He and Bianca had just made love and they were leaving the bathroom when pain exploded in his side.

"Calm down Agent Gibbs. Your blood pressure's rising." Dr Morrison stated as he noticed Gibbs becoming distressed.

"JASON!" Gibbs grunted, as he remembered how Jason had attacked and dragged Bianca to the bed and the trail of blood on the floor. Jason tied her up and then stabbed her!

"Boss, Jason's dead. Gibbs can you hear me?" Tony asked as he placed a hand on Gibbs' shoulder.

"Agent Gibbs, if you don't calm down I'm going to have to sedate you!" Dr Morrison raised his voice.

"Boss, listen to me. Jason's dead and Bianca's okay. Bianca's in the next room." Tony said as he tried to get through to Gibbs. But Gibbs' mind kept replaying the way Jason had licked Bianca's back before he stabbed her.

Did he rape her? I wasn't able to save her! Oh God... Bianca! Gibbs lamented.

"Gibbs, Bianca's fine. She's in the next room." Tony repeated, trying to get Gibbs to look at him.

"Rape?" Gibbs growled his pressure spiking as his breathing became laboured.

"Sandra, up the Morphine to 20cc. Agent Gibbs please calm down." Dr Morrison ordered as he moved to hold Gibbs' arm straight.

"No, he didn't rape her. I shot him before he could. Calm down Gibbs. She's okay." Tony informed him as he squeezed his shoulder.

Dr Morrison took the syringe Sandra offered and buried the needle into Gibbs' cephalic vein on the inside of his elbow while Sandra helped to hold him still.

Gibbs gasped as Tony's words registered and within a matter of seconds the drug took effect flooding his body with relief. As Dr Morrison withdrew the needle from his arm, Gibbs floated into a deep and pain free sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was after 10pm three days later. Bianca had avoided looking in on Gibbs for the last few days, but tonight the urge to see him was just too strong.

As she stood next to his bed, Bianca looked at Gibbs watching as he slept. He was so attractive and his silver hair added a touch of wonder to his overall appeal. Bianca picked up his chart and scanned the contents, relieved that he was progressing well and that he was no longer in any danger. Silent tears of gratitude flowed down her cheeks as she remembered how close he had come to dying.

Thank God you're going to be okay. If you hadn't pulled through I wouldn't have been able to go on. As it is, I don't think I will be able to go on.

You are the only man who has ever shown me the joys of sharing passion, the only man who has made love to me, with me! And for that I will always be grateful to you.

She wanted to reach out and touch his face. She wanted to lean forward and caress his lips with her own. She wanted to hold him close one more time.

You probably think I'm such a weakling, a pitiful excuse of a woman. Oh God I can never face you again. I don't ever want to see hated and loathing in your eyes. Jason … may not have raped me physically but he raped my soul and now I feel contemptible, inconsequential, like nothing and you would never want a worthless, soiled wretch like me in your life.

Bianca stared at him until her tears blinded her. She mourned for all that she had lost and all she was about to loose.

I… I love you … Jethro but I know that you will never feel the same. So I'm … leaving. Good bye Jethro……

Then she took a deep breath and left his room.

Gibbs woke up at that moment, sensing that something had just happened. But his mind was too foggy with the sleeping meds they had given him and he couldn't make sense of the sudden sadness that overwhelmed him. A few seconds later he drifted back to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

When Bianca got back to her room, she dressed into a clean set of scrubs and then left the hospital without the Doctor's permission. She was still in pain and on antibiotics as she was running a fever as a result of an infection in the wound on her thigh. But she didn't let this stop her. She needed to get away and she needed to do it now.

She couldn't handle seeing Ducky and Tony and the rest of Gibbs' team looking at her with pity in their eyes. And the Psychologist Ducky has asked her speak to was driving her crazy, asking difficult questions and revealing just how pathetic her life was. She couldn't take it any more. She needed to decide whether she had the strength to start over or whether it would just be easier to end it all.

Bianca got to the clinic just after midnight. It was a dark night, the moon and even the stars seemed to have deserted her. As she entered the clinic, she expected the smell of decomposing blood to assault her nostrils. But the clinic smelt clean and fresh. She switched on every light as she walked through the clinic. Everything looked in order and even the kitchen had been cleaned. On the kitchen table was a bouquet of dry flowers with a note attached.

Bianca reached for the note with trembling fingers.

Bianca, words will never be enough to express my gratitude to you. Thank you for saving my life and for taking care of me when I had no idea who I was. And thank you for helping to bring my half sister safely into this world. And thank you for everything you did for the rest of my team, my family and my … Da … Jethro. Love Tony.

Bianca held the note and sank to the floor and cried. She cried for everything that had happened and everything that was going to happen. She just cried and cried until she eventually passed out on the cold floor.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Dr Randers called Ducky and informed him that Bianca had checked herself out of hospital and she wasn't answering her phone.

Ducky immediately called Ziva and McGee and told them to go and look for Bianca starting at her clinic.

As they drove McGee commented, "It's a good thing we got her clinic cleaned out and her bedroom window replaced. Can you imagine how difficult it would have been if she had to walk back into that mess?"

"Why do you think she just walked out of the hospital? I understand that she's been through a lot, but she always gave me the impression of being strong. So why would she run away in the middle of the night?" Ziva questioned.

"Maybe it was just too much for her and she needs some time and space to sort through everything." McGee suggested.

"But we can help her. That Dr Randers was trying to help her." Ziva replied.

"But we and Dr Randers haven't known her long enough. We can't just expect her to turn to us. I mean it took you over 6 months to start trusting us." McGee started as he took the off ramp from Freeway 74.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the hospital, Tony was visiting Gibbs and they were discussing the events of the last few days. Tony told Gibbs that he had been to see Emma and that he had spent some time with her. As he described how tiny and precious she was, Gibbs reminisced about his own daughter and about how beautiful and delicate she had been.

When Ducky walked in, he found both man grinning as if they had shared a private joke.

"Hey Ducky, so have you talked to the doc about discharging me?" Tony asked the same question he always asked when he saw Ducky.

"Maybe tomorrow, Tony." Ducky replied a bit distractedly.

"What's wrong Duck?" Gibbs asked, sitting up straighter in bed. He was still very tender on his left side what with the stab wound and the broken ribs. But he was feeling more like himself. He had wondered why Bianca hadn't been in to see him yet and Ducky always made some story about how she had been in while he was sleeping or that she was sleeping every time he was awake. But Gibbs knew that something was wrong and he wanted Ducky to tell him… now!

"Oh, nothing's wrong Jethro." Ducky replied with a hesitant grin on his face as he took a seat next to the bed.

"You could never lie well. So spit it out Ducky." Gibbs demanded rather harshly.

"Jethro…." Ducky started to say as he phone suddenly rang.

"Dr Mallard." Ducky answered.

"Ducky, we found Bianca lying on the kitchen floor. She's unconscious." McGee quickly said.

"Oh dear." Ducky sighed.

"Her face is covered in perspiration, but her limbs are cold to the touch." Ziva called out.

"Wrap her in a blanket and get her back to the ER immediately. Try to wake her up and when she's up force her to drink water. Hurry, she must have been laying there for the last 8 hours." Ducky said in a strained voice before hanging up.

"Ducky who was that?" Tony asked.

"Oh I might as well tell you. You'll find out soon anyway." Ducky shook his head in sadness.

"Ducky?" Gibbs asked anxiety making his voice sharper.

"Bianca, she has been having a very difficult time dealing with everything that has happened." Ducky started. Gibbs closed his eyes as the image of her tied to the bed, being molested flashed through his mind.

"Dr Randers, the psychologist, said that she blames herself for everything that has happened and especially about the pain you have suffered." Ducky said as he looked at Gibbs.

"She thinks that you hate her and we all pity her. She has in a sense lost herself, and now she feels that it is too difficult to pull herself together." Ducky said regret in his voice.

"Ducky what are you trying to say?" Gibbs asked fearing that he knew exactly what Ducky was saying.

"You don't mean… I mean you can't think that…" Tony stammered as he stood up, shocked by what Ducky was revealing.

"I mean that she could be suicidal." Ducky said.

"No! Not Bianca. She has taken an oath to save lives. She would never think of taking her own!" Gibbs insisted, fear for Bianca overwhelming him.

"Who was in the phone, Ducky?" Tony asked as he placed a comforting hand on Gibbs' shoulder.

"McGee and Ziva. Bianca walked out of the hospital last night without her Doctor's permission. McGee and Ziva just found her on the floor of her kitchen, unconscious and running a high fever." Ducky informed the two NCIS agents.

"What!" Tony gasped.

"Bloody Hell! I'm going to kill her if she goes and dies on me like this. Damn it, doesn't she know that I love her and I can help her through all of this!" Gibbs growled, his breathing becoming heavier and his face turning red from an increase in his blood pressure.

Tony and Ducky just stared at him, shocked that he had revealed his feeling so clearly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Gibbs, please sit down. You're starting to make me dizzy." Tony said as he watched Gibbs pace up and down his room.

Gibbs stopped for a second to access DiNozzo's condition. He knew that Tony still suffered from bad headaches as a result of his head injury. Sometimes he would loose his equilibrium for a second or two. He usually tried to hide it, but Gibbs knew.

"DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked concern colouring his voice.

"Gibbs, I'm fine." Tony insisted still surprised by Gibbs' open affection towards him.

"How bad is it this time?" Gibbs asked, surprising Tony.

"Not as bad as two days ago, but still pretty bad." Tony replied as he used his fingertips to rub his temples. Tony knew lying to Gibbs was not an option, not now when they had become so close.

"Then what the hell are you doing here? Get back to your room and get the nurse to give you something for the pain." Gibbs's voice was sharp, but the hand he used to cup the back of Tony's neck was warm.

Tony reached up and wrapped his hand around Gibbs' wrist.

"Bianca will be okay, Gibbs." Tony softly said as both man made eye contact.

"She better be!" Gibbs replied in a gruff voice, as fear and uncertainty assailed his senses.

"Okay, I think you need to get into bed and I'll call the nurse for you …" Tony chirped. Then noting Gibbs' glare, he quickly added, "And me. Maybe she'll be cute and she can give both of us something for the pain."

He had noticed how Gibbs' pacing had decreased in speed and how he was cradling his injured side. His face was also flushed, indicating an increase in his blood pressure and his breathing was too rapid for Tony's liking.

"The only thing I need is an update on Bianca's condition. If Ducky's not back in the next 5 minutes, I'm going down to the ER to get the answers myself!" Gibbs growled as he resumed pacing.

Tony rolled his eyes as he stood up and went to press the buzzer for the nurse's station. Then he sat down in the seat next to the window again as a touch of wooziness rippled through his system. His headache was bad and all his other injuries were tender, but there was no way he was going to leave Gibbs until Ducky got back with some news.

"Yes, Agent Gibbs, Agent DiNozzo, what can I do for you?" The nurse asked as she entered the room.

"He has a headache." Gibbs said as he walked past her towards his bed.

"And he is highly agitated and too stubborn to admit that his side is killing him." Tony replied.

Gibbs glared at Tony and he just smiled back before closing his eyes and rubbing his temples again.

The nurse looked from Gibbs to Tony and then responded, "Okay, I'll just check on your vital signs and then organise some painkillers. Agent Gibbs, please get back into bed and Agent DiNozzo let me help you into this bed."

"Thanks." Tony grinned, his boyish charm making the nurse blush as she pulled his arm across her shoulders and helped him into the bed next to Gibbs' bed. Gibbs sat down on the edge of his bed and rolled his eyes at the scene in front of him. Once Tony was settled the nurse took his vital signs and then she forced Gibbs to lie down so that she could check on his vital signs.

Tony's blood pressure was low and his temperature was normal whereas Gibbs' blood pressure was high and his temperature was also slightly elevated. The nurse made a few notes in Gibbs' chart before leaving the room. She returned a few minutes later, to find Tony grimacing in pain and Gibbs, rubbing his forehead.

"Agent DiNozzo, I'm going to give you a Valproate Sodium Injection. You should have some relief in the next hour. I don't want you getting up for at least that long as you could experience severe dizzy spells as a result of this injection. So I recommend sleep for the next hour or two." The nurse said as she helped Tony to roll onto his side so that she could administer the shot.

"Ouch…Mmmmm" Tony moaned as a burning, stinging sensation radiated through his butt.

"Almost done, it does burn a bit, I'm afraid." The nurse apologetically said as she withdrew the needle.

"A bit!" Tony growled as his butt still felt like it was on fire.

"Simmer down DiNozzo." Gibbs said he squeezed Tony's shoulder lightly.

"Agent Gibbs lets get you back into bed. I'm going to give you a Tramadol shot for the pain and to reduce your blood pressure a bit." She said as she got Gibbs into the bed.

"Is it a sedative?" Gibbs asked warring between the pain and his need to know how Bianca was doing.

"No, it will only calm you down and relieve the pain. I promise." She replied as she helped him to roll onto his injured side. This injection stung but it stopped burning the moment the nurse removed the needle.

"I'll be back to check on you in about an hour." The nurse said as she left the room. As Gibbs looked over at Tony he found him fast asleep.

A moment later Ducky walked into the room causing Gibbs to sit up abruptly.

"How is she?"

Ducky looked at Tony and then at Jethro questioningly.

"Headache and dizziness. Now how is she Duck?" Gibbs asked again, the injection already working on his pain.

"She's running a fever as a result of exposure and the infection in her thigh. She's been put onto 2 courses antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory as well as fever meds. She'll be moved into the room next door and she will be closely monitored until her fever is under control." Ducky informed Jethro as he came to stand next to the bed.

"I want to see her now. In fact I'm moving into her room." Gibbs insisted.

Ducky looked at him and realized that Jethro would spend the next 24 hours or longer standing at Bianca's bedside and then he would have to worry about his physical health in addition to that of Tony's and Bianca's.

"Okay, Jethro let me see what I can do." Ducky replied as he left the room.

--------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, Gibbs was settled into the bed next to Bianca's. He lay on his side as he watched her chest rise and fall with every breathe she took. Her complexion was ashen like as if she didn't have enough blood circulating in her body. Her hair was fanned around her face and it was the only touch of colour on her.

When he had held her hand, upon entering the room, he had found it to be cold and clammy. She had been trembling as a result of the fever and she had been murmuring incoherently. Gibbs had leaned in and kissed her forehead.

Then he had moved his lips to the side of her face and whispered, "Bianca, rest easy love. I'll be here to keep an eye on you." Then he had kissed her cheek reverently before moving back to his bed.

Now he spent his time watching her.

God, I have no idea how you did it. But you did. You reached deep inside me and made me realize that I've been fooling myself all this time.

I don't want to be alone any more and I don't want to build these walls around me that keep everything at bay. I want to be free of the pain and the hurt of the past, just like you. And together we'll get through it all and we'll come out closer and stronger.

Bianca… I love you!

I didn't expect to feel this way again. I thought that I was too old and it was too late for me. But you, with your easy going, caring and loving nature have captured my heart, hook line and sinker.

Now just wake up and let me look into your eyes as I tell you how much you mean to me. Baby, just wake up!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbs spent the next 24 hours holding Bianca's hand, or caressing her forehead or running his hand up and down her arm. When she murmured and moaned out in her fever induced delirium, he whispered soothingly to her and she always seemed to calm down.

By the next morning, her fever broke and the nurses bathed her and changed her bedding. Then she was resting peacefully and colour had returned to her face.

Tony and Ducky checked in on Gibbs and Bianca at around 10am. Although Gibbs responded to their conversation, his eyes were glued to Bianca's face.

When Ducky and Tony left the room, Tony commented, "He's in real deep, Ducky."

"Yes, Anthony. I don't remember him being this attentive or taken by any of his previous wives. Bianca's very special, there's no doubt about that. But I think that Jethro's terrified that she'll not return his feelings."

"But she … they made …they were intimate at the clinic. So she must feel something for him." Tony insisted as they entered his room.

"I'm sure she does Anthony. But she is very vulnerable and confused right now and she might push him away." Ducky stated.

"He needs her Ducky. She will have to see that he can help her. She'll have to let him in. Then they can help each other." Tony said as Ducky helped him into bed.

"You're right Anthony. You're right." Ducky confirmed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the other room, Bianca started to stir. It was a subtle stretching of her body and deep sigh that drew Gibbs to her side. Then her head moved, like as if she was trying to find a comfortable position. Then she moved her arm, intending to run her hand through her hair. But she used her injured arm and tightness and tenderness made her gasp causing her eyes to flutter open in confusion.

And there in front of her, was her silver haired angel smiling down at her.

"Hello beautiful!" He greeted a second before he leaned forward and placed a delicate kiss on her forehead. Then he pulled back and asked, "How are you feeling?"

Bianca was so lost in his ice blue eyes that she didn't hear him. She was so surprised by his warm attentiveness, that she didn't want to break the spell of safety and security that now surrounded her.

She didn't want this dream to end…

"Bianca, honey, are you okay?" Gibbs asked again as her dazed expression started to worry him.

"If you're …real, will you … hold me, please?" Bianca whispered as tears started filling her eyes.

"Oh God, yes I'll hold you." Gibbs replied as he got onto the bed next to her, and pulled her into his arms, being careful to keep her weight away from his injured side.

As soon as he cocooned her in his embrace, Bianca started speaking.

"I'm so sorry that you were hurt!"

"Shhhh." Gibbs tried to sooth her.

"No, I need to get this out. I need you to know that I would have done anything to save you from…. From Jason." Bianca whispered as a shiver rippled through her body.

"He was ….evil, inhuman …. And because of me and my past with him …you … you almost died. I don't know how you're…. able to lie here with me, like this after all of that..."

"Bianca." Gibbs sighed as he kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.

"But I'm …grateful… and … I need … I shouldn't be asking this …. But I need you, Jethro… I was ready to end it all. But know… being in your arms…. Hoping that you don't hate me…."

"I don't hate you … God Bianca … I….." Gibbs was thrilled that she had admitted that she needed him.

"I just … I can …. I can get through this …. If …." Bianca gasped for breathe.

"If?" Gibbs prompted holding her close.

"If … if I know that … you'll be there to hold me when it gets too tough …. Or to push me when I need to keep going … and to keep me warm in the middle of the night and … most of all … to keep me safe when the … night … nightmares haunt me." Bianca sobbed on the last words.

"I'll be there, Bianca. I'll be there." Gibbs vowed as he tilted her face up so that he could look into her eyes.

"I'll be there! Bianca, I love you!" Gibbs whispered with such sincerity and honestly.

"Jethro…?" Bianca gasped in shock.

"I love you!" Gibbs said it again and he realized just how much he liked saying it. Then he leaned forward and touched his lips to hers.

Bianca melted in his arms, allowing him access to her mouth as she wrapped her good arm around him. She returned his kiss wholeheartedly as she moaned out her pleasure. Where a moment ago she had been sure that there was nothing left to live for, now the possibilities were endless.

Jethro loves me…ME! Oh God, I love him too! I love him!

Her whole body buzzed as Gibbs deepened the kiss. A few moments later when they both drew back to catch their breathe Bianca took Gibbs' face between her palms.

As their gazes locked she whispered, "Jethro, I love you …."

The smile that broke across Gibbs' face, spread to his eyes and he leaned forward to kiss her again.

A second later the door to their room opened and the whole team stood in the doorway and grinned at the display of genuine affection in front of them.

"I love you, Bianca!" Gibbs murmured between kisses.

"Oh Jethro, I love you so much." Bianca sighed as she pulled him close.

"Come on kids. Daddy bear's busy. We better leave before he bares his claws." Tony grinned.

"Damn right, DiNozzo." Gibbs growled, never taking his eyes, hands or lips away from Bianca. She gasped in surprise as she saw his team. But they were grinning and giving her the thumps up sign, which made her grin back.

That was until Gibbs once again demanded her full attention, by claiming her mouth in a devastatingly sensual kiss.

The End!

That's it for this story!

I have enjoyed writing this story so much and I believe that it may be the best I have written so far. Thank you to all that have reviewed throughout the chapters.

And thank you to those of you who suggested that I try writing in the past tense. This has really helped me grow as a writer and I will always be grateful for that.

I am busy with two other stories, "Survival" and "Enemy Within" which will now receive more attention and I hope that you will continue to follow my work and keep giving me feedback so that I can continue to develop my writing skills.

Your final reviews on this chapter and on the story as a whole will be really appreciated.

Warmest regards

Gibbsfan1

Return to Top