- Text Size +
Chapter 8

After three weeks.

"Isn't our little field agent supposed to be back today?" Ziva asks Tony.

"Yea, now that you mention it, where is the little bullet magnet?"

Meanwhile at Anton's place, "Anton wake up, it's nine a clock!"

"Just five more minutes sweetheart, I'm tired." He says laying face down on his pillow.

"Why's that?" She giggles.

"You wore me out last night, just tell Gibbs that I'm still tired." He says rolling over to his back.

Abby disappears underneath the sheets, "Abby what are you doing?"

Anton moans.

Abby throws the sheet off the bed, "Now get your ass under the shower and get to work!"

"Yes ma ‘am!" he says jumping in the bathroom.

Five minutes later, Anton comes out dry.

"Come on hurry up put on some clothes!" she says throwing him a shirt, she grabs him some pants but keeps rummaging thru his closet, "Where the hell do you put your underwear?"

"Don't you know that? I don't have underwear." He says grabbing socks and his shoes.

"O come on, where do you put your underwear." She says some what irritated.

"I don't, the only thing I have that resembles underwear is my jockstrap."

She hits herself on the back of the head, "Your going commando, because you're a commando."

"Ex-commando, but yea it started when I joined the commando's they don't give you any underwear." He says putting on his tie and jacket.

"So you ready to go?" She asks.

"Yea I'm ready but I could use some coffee, the real stuff not the American decaf stuff."

"Don't insult our coffee!" She says walking for the front door of his apartment.

He shrugs, "Not insulting it just, asking for more caffeine than a Redbull."

"So drink a Cafpow!"

"I want to keep my teeth, Ill get one when Gibbs gets one." He says pulling the door shut and locking it.
***

*Ding* the elevator opens.

"What took you so long probie? Forgot which floor you worked on?"

"No Tony, just overslept."

"Since when do you sleep past dawn?" Ziva asks with a frown.

"My alarm didn't go off okay! Who cares!"

*Smack*

"Oh, you boss, but I'm still a little sore from getting shot!" he says rubbing his head.

*Smack*

"Where was that for!" rubbing his head again.

"For getting shot."
***

Director Sheppard walks into the squad room, "Mr Halve could you please follow me to
my office, Tony, Ziva I want you both in there too."

As the crew follow Jenny McGee is left behind, "Hey what are you guys going to do?"

"Play tag, what do you think McGee?." Tony asks with a triumphant smile.

Once in her office, "I want you three to bring me this man." Jenny said pointing towards the photo on the TV screen.

"Alive or dead, Jen?" Ziva says frowning.

"Alive, but if there is no other way, take him out." She answers curtly.

"What the hell, I thought we where a bunch of cops, not assassins" Anton snaps angrily towards the director.

"Agent Halve, I am the director of NCIS and I'm ordering this to happen!" She says slamming her fists on her desk.

"Fine, give me an address a non registered machine gun and a box of ammo, next mornings newspapers will fill you in on the details!" He snaps back at her.

Tony and Ziva both look at them like they are watching a tennis match.

"No I want Renee alive, I want that arrogant bastard in here so I can humiliate him the way he humiliated me!" She nearly screams.

"You better get me a weapon then!"

The door fly's open and Gibbs comes storming in, a slap on the back of the head, "What the hell are you thinking Jen?!"

"I am giving my people a direct order and Mr Halve here doesn't comply!"

"Get out of here! Not you Anton!"

As Ziva and Tony leave and throw the door shut with a thud.

Gibbs says, "Did you refuse the order?" his face inches away from Anton's face.

Anton snaps at attention, "Sir, no sir, I did not refuse to follow the order given!" he yells.

"What was that order precisely?!" He states circling around Anton like a vulture.

"Sir, director Shepherded ordered me to bring in a man dead or alive, sir!" He says with a thousand mile stare.
"Did you refuse to act out on that order?" He says glaring at him.
"Sir, no sir, I told the director to supply me with a rifle and ammunition so I could take out this person!" He replies yelling.
Gibbs turns to the director, "Listen Jenny, this kid was trained to kill! Maybe he knows how to set up a rescue opp but he certainly isn't capable of capturing anyone, alive."
Jenny lowered her head, "Look I forgot that he's just a kid okay, I just want that bastard in custody!"
"We will get him Jen, we will." Gibbs says looking at the picture of La Grenouille.
***