- Text Size +
Chapter 9

"Sir, what do you want me to do sir?" Anton said standing at attention in the elevator.

"I don't want you to do anything." Gibbs said calmly standing next to him.

"Sir yes sir!" Anton bellowed.

Gibbs sighs deep.

"Listen kid, what would your rank be if you finished training?"

"I would have received the rank of Adjudant, that's a E-8 in NATO code, sir."

Gibbs laughs, "In that case I should be saluting you, I was only a gunny that's a E-7!"

"But sir-." Anton is cut off by a slap on the back of the head.

"It's boss or Gibbs here!" Gibbs now says with a stern glare.

*Ping* the elevator opens.

"DiNozzo, David get me some extra firepower, we are going to catch ourselves a frog."

"What do I do boss?" McGee asks.

"You are going to help Halve with surveillance." Gibbs says moving towards the other elevator.

"Loki and the Elf lord team up on a glorious quest of doing nothing!" Tony roars.

"STFU!" Tim and Anton yell at him simultaneously.
***

Tony and Ziva collect there weapons at the armoury, "You ever held this much firepower in your hands before Ziva?" He says looking at his MP5.

"Yes I do, you where there." She says smiling, grabbing him in his crotch.

"Wow, be careful honey, I might wear a vest but that isn't covered."

Gibbs walks in, and sees Ziva grabbing Tony's crotch, "Wear a cup DiNozzo, you two need to stop doing that ‘for I will slap you both silly!"
Gibbs walks over to the weapon master, "You think you can fix this old gunny up with something good?"

"Got just the thing for you gunny, here you go!" The weapon master says handing him a modified M-4.

"Laser pointer and front grip, you taped all of the magazines together? Thanks man, I like it!" Gibbs said smiling like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Ziva, did you see that?" Tony whispers staring at Gibbs.

"Yes, that was a bit scary, seeing Gibbs smile like that." She whispers softly.
***

A blue delivery van is parked in a small alley, Tim and Anton are inside coordinating the rest of the team, "This is Loki ‘nd Elflord, Boss do you read?" Anton says in his microphone.

"This is Boss, loud and clear." Gibbs grunts.

"Archangel, do you copy?"

"This is Archangel standing by, waiting for orders." Tony mumbles.

"Desert rose, do you copy?"

"This is Desert rose, awaiting orders." Ziva replies curtly.

"McGee how are we doing on the telephone call?" Anton asks putting his hand over his microphone.

"Nearly there, tell them to get ready." McGee says not even looking up from his computer.

"This is Loki to all, get ready for assault, move to checkpoint alpha."

"Copy that." Gibbs grunts thru his radio.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Oui, bon jour, who ies thies?" A hesitating voice says with a fat French accent.

"Hello, this is Mike McKenzie with the Washington tribune, sir do you have a subscription?"
McGee says with a friendly voice.

"Boss you are good to go." Anton whispers as soft as possible.

"Roger that, go, go, go." He whispers, he nods towards DiNozzo.

Tony kicks in the door, as Gibbs rushes inside the apartment he is shot in the leg.

McGee doesn't get an answer, the phone is dropped on the ground and a shot is heard.
"Sh!t, I heard a shot, what's happening?" He asks impatiently.

"Boss? Did you get him?"

"This is Archangel need medical assistance for Boss, he is been shot."

"O my god! McGee, get them an ambulance! Desert rose, what is your sitrep?"

"I am in hot pursuit of target, he has two body guards with him, so consider him hostile and dangerous!" She says panting heavily.

"McGee, you take over the radio frequencies, I'm going to catch us a frog." He says dropping his microphone and opening the backdoor of the van.

He starts running towards the back of the apartment building, there is no one there, he hears loud gunshots coming from a few blocks away.

He is getting near the fire fight, Ziva is ducking behind a car and three people are firing from behind a small paper kiosk.

He spots a blue letterbox and sprints towards it, "Ziva you need some help here?"

Coming up to shoot at the kiosk Ziva yells, "Yea, I could use some extra firepower!"

Anton pops up and fires a couple of times at the kiosk, "What the hell happened?" he yells.

"Not sure, Gibbs got shot! Tony stayed with him." She yells back coming up from behind cover.

A squishy sound is heard, and a scream of pain is heard, Anton just empties his magazine in the direction of the kiosk.

Shoving another magazine in his gun, he jumps up from behind the blue letterbox and fires at the three terrorists again.

"Ziva, you okay?" He screams towards her.

"Got shot in my shoulder, I'm bleeding like a cow!" She shouts back clearly in agony.

"That would be pig, try to apply pressure on the wound ‘nd call an ambulance!"

Ziva sits up against the wheel of the car and presses hard on her right shoulder.

Anton jumps up again, firing another grouping on the three terrorists, the tall black man is hit in the head, his head yaws back and he drops to his knees and falls on his back.

"He's gonna have a hell of a headach." Anton hisses thru his teeth as he ducks for cover again.

"Ziva? You still with me?" He yells from his foetus position ducking for cover again.

"Ziva?!" He screams looking in her direction.

Ziva is slumped against the wheel of the car, not moving.

"Damn it, not again." He says looking at her.

He slides yet another clip in his weapon and fires off three rounds in the direction of the remaining terrorists he then jumps up and runs for the car.

A sharp shooting pain is what he feels on the side of his head, as he swat-rolls behind the shot up explorer he crawls towards Ziva and presses his fingers in her neck and presses his ear next to her mouth.

"Thank god." He breathes, than he sees that there is blood on her mouth and nose, "Aaah crap, now what?" He says wiping her face off with his hand.

He feels a warm sensation on the side of his neck, he touches it with his hand, blood is dripping down his neck, he grabs his mobile phone and calls 911, "Need an ambulance on Connecticut Ave and Yuma street." He than grabs Ziva's earwig and microphone, "Elf lord this is Loki, you there man?" He yells thru the small microphone.

"Yea I'm here, you okay?!" McGee yells back.

"In hot pursuit of the three terrorist, shot one down, they took out Ziva, ambulance already on it's way! What is your Sitrep?!"

"Gibbs has been shot, Tony also, neither of them in critical condition, medical assistance is already here." McGee answers sadly.

"Christ, McGee please tell me you still have satellite coverage?!"

"Yea, where are you? Can't see you near the apartment."

The shooting has stopped, Anton realises after a few seconds, "McGee you need to find those terrorists with the satellite, they aren't here anymore!"

"I need a location to fix the satellite on." McGee says typing really fast.

"My cell, track my cell, that would be good enough!" Anton says grabbing Ziva's gun and searching her body for ammunition.

"Got ya, ehm, Anton you might wanna get yourself a car."

"What for?" He says hearing a heavy engine rumble.

"A blond woman, and a gray older male are getting away in a red Toyota eclipse."

"McGee see any good car around here?" Anton says scanning his surroundings.

"Yea, there is a Porsche 911 pulling up to a house near you."

"Where! Where McGee!?" He screams pissed off.

"On your six, about 20 meters from your location."

As he turns around he spots a metallic grey Porsche, he sprints towards the car and holsters his own pistol, he flips out his badge and points Ziva's gun at the driver, "I'm taking your vehicle! Get out.".

The driver protests but he gets yanked out of car and Anton throws him his badge, if i wreck it I'll get you a new one. He says slamming down the accelerator the car shoots forwards leaving the owner behind in a cloud of dust.

"McGee, where the hell are those bastards!" He says slamming into third gear.

"There on the Connecticut Avenue heading for Appleton street."

"Got it, and McGee, thanks."

"Good luck, I'm gonna check on Ziva!"

"Roger, Loki out!"

"Good hunting ‘nd good luck!" McGee says then jumping in the front of the van and racing towards Ziva's location.
***