- Text Size +
Chapter 12

That weekend Chris and Mac walked out of the New Orleans international airport. It was a hot day when they arrived at the hotel. They were shown to their room and Mac collapsed on the bed and Chris placed his bag down. "I have to go register this afternoon then we have the actual reunion tonight."
"Ok. I need a shower" she said abruptly.
"Why waist the water by taking two in one day Mac?" she said, giving her a cheeky grin.
"Now that, is a very good point" she said, placing a hand on his shirt and pulling him down on top of her.

2 hours later Chris left the room and went to register at his old high school. Mac jumped out of the bed and walked to the bathroom. She turned the shower on and waited patiently for the water to run hot. When it did she stepped in and let the water flow over her dark hair. For some reason she was nervous; she didn't like reunions. Her 10 year one had been disastrous. She had threatened half of the bitches in her year and followed through with one. Chris had missed his 10 year reunion because they were living in Scotland at the time, so his 20 was important. She didn't make a good first impression and she had a bad feeling that it would all go downhill.

Chris stepped into the old gym and all of high school hit him like a wave. There was hustle already going on as he made his way over to the desk that as set up against the back wall. "Yeah, I'm here to register for the reunion tonight" he said politely, but the woman didn't even look up.
"Name?" she grunted at him.
"Christopher Sciuto." He said, looking at the list upside down.
"Ok…wait. Chris Sciuto?" she said, looking up into his green eyes.
"Yeah." He said, studying her face. "Melissa Hunter?" a slight recognition crossing his mind.
"Yes. You remember me!" she said, face lighting up.
"Of course. Did you organize the reunion?"
"Yeah" she said a sheepish grin on her face.
"Well I know it'll be good then. I'll see you tonight." He said, flashing her his smile.
"It is at my brother's club. He let me use it. Are you coming alone?"
"No, my wife will be with me tonight."
"Oh, ok" she said, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. "What is her name?"
"Sarah, Sarah Sciuto" he said, grinning proudly. "I'll talk to you later. Bye." He said, turning and leaving again as Melissa watched and gazed after him longingly. Chris was a little shocked when a weak grasp grabbed his arm. Usually he would have reacted the way Mac had taught him, but considering this was a high school, he restrained himself. Chris spun around to see a little man in wire-rimmed glasses clutching his arm. "C-Chris, it's D-Danny" he said, his brown eyes glowing.
"Ahh, hi Danny" he said reluctantly. Danny practically stalked Chris through high school. He was the resident high school nerd, caption of the chess club and straight ‘A' student. To top off the torment he was already facing, he had a bad stutter, which obviously had not disappeared.
"H-h-how are you?" he said, and hastily removed his hand from Chris' arm when she saw Chris give him a look.
"Fine. I am in a rush. Are you going to the reunion?"
"Y-yes. I w-will see y-you there then?"
"Um, yeah. Talk to you then. Bye" Chris said, shaking his off and heading back to his car.

Mac heard the door open and knew her husband had returned. Tingles shot through her body as he placed his hand on her smooth lower back. She moaned as he kissed her neck, his head brushing against her damp hair. She leaned her head so it was touching his before taking his arms and wrapping them around her waist. "Did it go well?" she asked and he still kissed her exposed flesh.
"Hmm hmm" he said without moving.
"Good, well I better get ready if I am gonna make a good impression."
"You look just fine to me" he said, resting his head in the curve of her neck.
"Well you are easy to please" she joked. "Damn, I hate having to wear a dress" she muttered to herself.
"I think you look better without it" he said, moving over to the bathroom door.
"That's sweet but I don't think your old high school friends would appreciate it."
"Well you never know" he said, looking at her again. "You know what, the shower can wait" he said, jumping on top of her once more and pulled her onto the bed.
"Chris" she chuckled. "I just had a shower and you said not to waste the water."
"We wont, you can share mine" he said, pulling his shirt over his head and tossing it onto the floor.

"Zip me please" Mac asked him 3 hours later. Her black dress fell just past her knees and had a little slit up the right leg. He brushed her long straight hair over her left shoulder and brought the zip up from the small of her back to her shoulder blades.
"You look beautiful" he whispered in her ear.
"Not too shabby yourself" she said, looking at his black suit. He wore no tie, and the top button of his white shirt was undone. The black trousers and jacket suited him, almost as much as the black dress suited her.
"We ready?" he asked as she spun round to face him.
"Yeah. Lets go" she said, sliding her hand into his and walking out the door.

Chris pulled the car into a vacant space and both he and Mac exited. He once again took her hand as the walked up to the entrance. It was dark already when they joined the nearly nonexistent queue. Chris let out a deep breath as they entered the lit hallway. "Are you ok?" she asked, sensing him tense up.
"Yeah, just a little nervous. High school was not my favourite time."
"Yeah, join the club" she said surveying her surroundings. The staircase was in front of her which led down to a big room. The bar was a circular form in the middle of the club and the place was already buzzing with people.
"Hello" an older woman said, popping up in front of Chris. She looked to Mac like a slightly batty primary school teacher but her thoughts were broken when she spoke again. "You can out your coats in that room over there!" she said over the music.
"Thanks" Chris replied. "Give me your coat and I'll put it away" he said in Mac's ear.
"Nah, it's ok. I'll get it. Go downstairs, I'll find you in a minute." she said, taking his back coat from him and slipping her hand out of his, heading where the teacher had pointed. She saw Chris head down the stairs and into the crowd. "This is gonna be a long night" she muttered to herself.