- Text Size +
Chapter 14

Chris stepped up to the bar and ordered a beer, just as Mac placed her empty glass down. Unseen to the other 2 girls, he placed a hand on her lower back as he leaned on the bar. "And another drink for the pretty lady" he added flashing Mac his smile, which she returned.
"Same again?" the bartender asked.
"Um, no. Gimme a beer as well please."
"Hate to tell you honey" he whispered in her ear, "But you don't drink"
"And I hate to tell you," she replied, shifting so her mouth was next to his ear, "But I have had to sit through half an hour of them bitching about me and talking about how they want to fuck you senseless. "
"Are you sure one is enough?" he asked, back to normal volume, and Mac let out a little laugh. "How are we today ladies?" he asked, turning his attention to Melissa and Annie. He didn't get an answer, but instead received a wave of nervous giggles.
"Oh, Christ. I've gone back to high school." Mac muttered, taking a swig of her drink.
"And just so you know," Chris began, once again whispering to his wife, "I have been fucked senseless before, and it's not so bad." He told her with a smirk.
"What? When?" she asked, making Annie and Melissa turn.
"By you every damn time." He said and kissed her on the cheek, making her laugh.
"Well, I'll see you guys later." He turned just as a little man brushed past him.
"Hi C-Chris." He squealed excited.
"Hey Danny." Chris said, staying at the bar and taking a long drink of his beer.
"H-hi hun." He said, kissing Annie."
"Whoa, I did not see that one coming." Chris admitted. "You two got married?" he asked, spotting the rings.
"Yeah, 15 years next month," Annie told him.
"Well congrats" Mac said to them.
"T-thank you" he stuttered.
"So Mac," Chris started. "Excepting drinks from weird men now are we?" he joked, referring to her free drink from the barman earlier.
"Only you Chris." She winked at him, making him laugh. Mac felt Melissa melt behind her and let out a sigh. Reliving high school was not what she wanted, but it seemed unavoidable.
"Dance?" she heard Chris ask.
"Love to." She replied, and Chris took her hand, leading her to the dance floor. He spun her round before pulling her into a dancing position, extremely close to him.
"Care to explain?"
"The giggling school girls? Well I sat down and they started worshiping the ground you walked on. I introduced myself…"
"I can tell where this is going." He interrupted. "Did you introduce yourself as Mac?"
"Yeah. Well anyway, I attempted to tell them we were married but I didn't get it out before they were talking about you, high school and then bitching about me, unbeknown to them I was sitting right there."
"Ouch. You didn't tell them?" he asked, spinning her again.
"Please, I couldn't get a word on." She shook her head.
"What is it?" he asked, sensing something on her mind.
"Would you do me a favour?" she asked, biting her lip.
"Anything for you." He replied, curiosity growing.
"Ask Melissa to dance."
"What's in it for me?" he asked, after considering his options and decided to milk it.
"I could shoot you if you like?" Mac asked cheerily.
"Is that your solution to everything?"
"Pretty please?" she flashed a puppy dog smile.
"Fine. But you know I don't like you wearing a gun in public."
"I know, it makes me more prone to using it but…"
"No, it means I have more to take off you when we get home."
"Funny. How ‘bout I do ya a deal?"
"I'm listening" he told her in a sing-song tone.
"You dance with her ad when we get back to the hotel, I will take the gun off and let you take off the rest." She said with a smirk.
"When we get back to the hotel, I take it all off, including the sig," he suggested, raising his eyebrows.
"You are a truly strange man. Deal" she said, right on cue as the current song ended. "Chris, wait a bit s it doesn't look like I asked you.
"You are so kind, but try not to make pimping me out a regular occurrence."
"Oh, but it pays so well." She pouted as he escorted her back to the bar,
"Wait." He stopped and whisked her in the other direction.
"Why?" she asked, confused at where he was now leading her.
"I want you to meet a friend of mine."
"Sounds fun." She told him, brushing past as older man why she took to be an old teacher. As she passed she caught a snippet of his conversation.
"It's exactly what I have been saying all these years," he explained to another male teacher, "Woman are only useful for housework and sex." He started as if it was obvious. Mac wanted to correct him with a sly academic debate or a fist in the face, but another scene is not what she needed right now.
"Ignore him." Chris whispered to her, sensing the hostility.
"Don't worry I am." She told him.
"Mac this is…" he began, approaching a dark haired man.
"Agent MacDonald." He said, pure loathing in his voice.
"Jack walker." She replied, just as spiteful.
"Put anyone else's father in jail lately?"
"Yeah, none a fun as yours though." She told him with a striking glare.
"Chris, what are you doing associating with this bitch?" he asked, turning to him. Chris opened his mouth to retaliate, but Mac placed a soothing hand on his muscled chest.
"Don't, it's not worth it." She assured him, and he believed the look in her eyes. "Come on." She said, pulling him back in the direction of the bar. They again passed the older man who was still ranting on the inferiority of woman.
"Coach, always was a prick."
"Chris, I am starting to like your school less and less. No offence."
"None taken." He was bale to squeeze in as Mac sat down on a stool and he was accidentally separated from her as a crowd swept him away.