- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
final chapter in slai, sequel coming soon
Chapter 15

Mac spun around on the stool to meet the glare of Melissa Hunter. "So you already know Chris." She snarled.
"No shit Sherlock… oh that's back, ok." She said to herself.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"You never asked." Mac told her, picking up her abandoned beer and taking a drink. "Can I ask," she started, changing the subject, "What is with that bastard over there?" she indicated to the coach.
"Sexist pig, no one was ever good enough not even Chris. I think he was the only person to ever make him feel down." She said, and Mac picked up on the sadness in her voice.
"Prick" she muttered into her bottle, out of the corner of her eye she saw Chris approaching, and she knew why. Melissa didn't see him coming so was startled when he leaned on the bar next to her.
"Would you like to dance Melissa?" he asked in a cheery voice.
"Yeah!" she giggled excitedly. Chris offered her a hand which she took and she led him out onto the dance floor in anticipation. On the way, Chris managed to whisper in Mac's ear.
"Do you now know the meaning of the word inappropriate?" she called after him with a grin on her face. Mac was left alone at the bar with Annie, who had not said much all night and Mac had the feeling she wasn't about to start. Chris spun Melissa around as he had done Mac and pulled her into a dancing position. She wasn't as natural to dance with as Mac, but then everything seemed natural with her. He picked up on Melissa's nervousness and laughed it off. Mac caught his eye from across the crowded room and smiled a smile which made him weak at the knees.
"So what have you been up to?" Melissa asked, breaking his thoughts.
"Oh, became a doctor. I have the chief of medicine at Alexander Hospital in Virginia. Um, married. But you knew that. And I have one son."
"What is his name?" she asked interested.
"Matt. And how about you?"
"Um, I am teaching maths here. Still single" she laughed off with remorse. "Doesn't seem much compared to your line up."
"What can I say, I have had a lot of luck." He said, trying not to gloat. He twirled her again as he tried to focus.

Coach Phil Sparrow was a big man. Standing at 6' 2" and weighing over 300 pounds he intimidated all of his students. The whole faculty and students knew his feelings towards the opposite sex. He felt that woman were men's personal positions and were only useful for 2 things; housework and sex. He wasn't a nice man; all the students and teachers hated him, with good reason. On the verge of being sued for sexual harassment he was not the most popular man on campus. But his feelings were, if he didn't even try to get some action, the night would be a waste. He scanned the area, looking for a woman who would please him. Almost when he had given up hope he spotted her. There were 2 women at the bar, one of whom he recognized from her educational days, but the other was new to him. She was stunning. Long brown hair fell down her back as slight makeup accentuated her features. Her black dress moved with the contours of her body as she shifted in her seat. Coach Sparrow pushed his way through the crowd, not taking his eyes off the beautiful woman. She fidgeted a little as he moved closer as if sensing something. But he knew he had won. She was his.

A shiver ran down Mac's back as she sat at the bar. Something was going to happen, she knew that much, but couldn't tell what. She felt a large hand clatter down on her shoulder as and pain shot down her arm. She spun to see the sexist man from earlier. He was panting as Mac stared, trying to predict what he was going to do next. He lifted her up, despite the struggling and slammed her on to the bar, attempting to stick his tongue down her throat. Mac managed to knee him in the groin before a set of strong arms dragged him off of her.

Chris was still dancing with Melissa, ‘God this is a long song' he thought. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the old coach push through the crowd towards the bar. "So still an alcoholic then" he muttered.
"What?" Melissa asked confused.
"Nothing." Chris nodded it off. As they changed direction, Chris felt the rage build up inside him. Coach put his hand on Mac's shoulder and moved her onto the bar. Chris almost snapped Melissa's wrist when he kissed her. He let go of her and charged through the crowd, yanking Sparrow off Mac just as she kicked him in the groin. Chris spun him around and slammed him up against the wall, a strong hand squeezing Sparrow's throat. "You bastard I am gonna kill you" he tightened his grip. Sparrow's face grew redder by the second as the younger man crushed his neck.
"Chris" a female voice called and he felt a warm hand placed on his arm. The get the message and slowly released his grip. His hand fell to his side and an ashamed look crept onto his face,
"Ha!" Sparrow spat, "After all these years you are still sissy Sciuto. You have to get a woman to do your bidding!" he sneered with disgust. He was stopped in his tracks when the muzzle of a sig saur was pressed extremely close to his forehead.
"The only reason I stopped him from murdering our with his bear hands was because it means more paperwork for me." She hissed. Mac's arm was fully extended and she stood almost side on to Sparrow as she glared at him. "So piss off and get some fucking help." She said, moving the gun a few inches to the right and squeezing ff a round, which flew past his left ear and stuck in the wooden wall. Mac's arm fell to her side as her husband's had, and she left Sparrow with fear coursing through him.
"Did you know you are hot when you are angry?" Chris asked her with a smile. Mac moved towards him and pressed her lips to his. Her right hand, still clutching the gun, fell over his broad shoulder as he placed one of his round her waist. Mac was distracted, so the gun was easily ripped from her grasp. She felt her sig wrenched away so she broke the kiss and Chris whirled round to see what cause the commotion, which in turn opened up Mac's view. Melissa Hunter held the sig leveled at Mac's head.
"Melis…" Chris began but she cut him off.
"Don't, I loved you…"
"What?" he said, he knew she had a crush on him, but obviously not the extent.
"I looked u to you. And now I find out you are just an adulteress bastard like this whore." She shook the gun at Mac. "What is with people calling me a whore!" Mac jumped in. "You remember the guy and the welcome back party thing? He called me a whore and attempted to shoot me too. They must come together." She told Chris casually.
"Hmm true. You aren't a whore though." He replied.
"Thank you." She nodded with a smile.
"Stop!" Melissa shrieked.
"Um, put the gun down." Mac told her slowly, but didn't get an answer. Mac let out a sigh and walked towards Melissa. She attempted to pull the trigger, but Mac placed her hand on the barrel and took it from her. "You have to take the safety off" Mac told her with a smile, re-holstering her sig.
"Melissa," Chris began, taking Mac's hand. "I believe you have met my wife, Sarah Sciuto." And the both watched as a look of shock crossed her face.
"Hey," Mac said, giving a little sarcastic wave.
"I think we should leave." Chris told Mac,
"You sure?"
"Yeah." He said, giving her a small kiss before leading her to the door.

Mac and Chris lay asleep in bed back in their hotel room. They were both facing the same way, Chris' knees were slotted into the back of hers, a perfect fit. His hand grasped hers and both draped over her waist. A high pitched tone woke Mac up, but not her husband. She felt around for her phone and after 3 attempts found it. The brought the blue LED panel up to her eyes and squinted at the caller ID. "Ah DiNozzo." She muttered. "Sciuto." She answered groggily.
"Mac"
"Ah Tony, this better be extremely important, it's 3AM." She said, screwing her eyes up.
"We have a case, need you"
"DiNozzo. My flight is this morning, can't it wait?"
"No, body in Shenandoah Park."
"Again? That is 2 in 2 months,"
"Yeah, I need you ASAP."
"Where have I heard that before?" she attempted to joke.
"Mac you don't understand. The body… it's Sarah McGee." Mac let out a sigh.
"I'll be there soon." She said, sliding her phone shut.

The End