- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Tony entered observation as Mac entered actual interrogation. "Hello, it's me. Your friendly neighbourhood bitch" she said, slamming the door behind her.
"Just, go away" she said, still crying.
"How about no?" Mac said, dragging out the chair and throwing herself into it. "So, you like the artistic type do ya?" she said, a cheeky smile on her face.
"Why are you doing this?"
"Me, I prefer the intellectual type myself. But you, you like both, husband and lover. Busy girl" she said, even though the woman was 10 years old than her.
"Please, don't" she wept.
"Why? I mean you didn't really care about you husband"
"I loved him"
"And yet you were screwing the Ukrainian. Your train of thought escapes me" she admitted.
"I said stop it." She said quietly.
"So, did you kill your husband or did he?"
"Stop it!" she roared, jumping up. Ma reacted and jumped up herself, taking up a defensive stance. Mac was strong, but so was metal. The chair wielded in the other woman's arms came down on her head with a heavy weight.
"Aya Fuck!" she screamed out, her accent showing. She swayed but still managed to bring her leg up and swipe it over the woman's face, left to right, knocking her out. She wobbled as Tony erupted through the door. She brought her hand up to her hurting head. She pressed her hand into the wound and let out a little moan, and drawing her hand back, she saw the warm red liquid spread over her hand.
"Mac! You ok?" Tony said, panic in his voice.
"Yeah DiNozzo, it's just a scratch." She said, rubbing her head again.
"I don't care…"
"So nice" she interrupted him.
"I don't care, I'm getting your dad up here."
"Ok" she said, sitting down on the chair that caused the injury.
"Ducky" Tony said as the ME answered his phone.
"Ah, Anthony. What can I do for you today? I haven't finished the autopsy on Mr. Rankin yet."
"No Duck. I need you up in interrogation now!"
"Why?"
" Mac was hurt"
"Who the hell laid a finger on my daughter!" he yelled through the phone.
"I'm fine dad" he heard her voice come through the earpiece. "Tony is being over protective again. It's just a scratch."
"I don't care Mac, he's checking it out" Tony said.
"I'll be right up" he said, slamming the phone down.

When Ducky arrived in interrogation 1, Mac was sitting on the chair and he rushed right over to her. "Honey, are you ok?"
"Yeah, fine. As I said, it is just a scratch." She said, her eyes like daggers on Tony.
"I was just double checking" he said in his defense.
"God, you're worse that Kate with the worrying" she said as Ducky looked through her hair.
"Well sorry if I give a damn about anyone else or consequences."
"Oh, exaggeration of the year. Of course I care. And I weigh out situations before running in guns blazing thank you very much"
"Ok, sorry. But I was just concerned about my best friend, you have a problem with that?"
"No, and don't say your sorry. It's a sign of weakness" she said, smiling at him and getting a laugh from Ducky.
"What's the damage Duck?" Tony asked.
"Nothing serious. Could use a few stitches, but I suggest you get Chris to do them"
"Thanks dad. And I told you it would be ok. I have a lot of packaging to protect my tiny brain"
"Tiny?" Ducky chucked. "You have a 180 IQ!"
"It's 170, but I like your thinking"
"You gonna go to the hospital?"
"Nah, Chris'll be on lunch by now, I'll call him up and he can come along. He wants to check up on me, make sure I'm not doing DiNozzo in an autopsy drawer."
"Funny"
"Tony, could you prep her? I want another crack at her" Mac said, disappearing round towards the bullpen.