- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"Right, I am gonna be nice to her this time" Mac said, trying to convince herself more than the others.
"Oh, that I'd like to see" Tony said, following her round the corner to interrogation. Mac sighed at the door before entering the room.
"Come to yell at me again Special Agent Sciuto" she said, ruffling her sleeves nervously.
"No" Mac said softly. "I know what your husband did to you. I am sorry for the accusations"
"My husband what?" she said confused.
"I know he abused you Helen." Mac said, and Rankin looked nervous, but then spoke again.
"He didn't" she whispered.
"What?" Mac said, getting confused.
"My husband didn't abuse me. I did have an affair, and I only did it while James was deployed. I wanted to and it but Yakiv wouldn't let me."
"He did this to you?"
"Yes. He is nice really though" she stuttered, trying to make up for what she had just said.
"Yeah, I bet" Mac said sarcastically, standing up and leaving. ‘Damn this is a long day' she thought. Mac's phone rang and she reluctantly answered. "Sciuto" she said, flipping it open.
"Ma'am, Yakiv Stupka is here asking for Helen Rankin" a nasal voice came through the earpiece.
"Thanks" Mac said, getting annoyed. She leaned her head into observation and talked to the tech. "Get Rankin out of here. Get Agent DiNozzo, not you Tony," she paused, looking at him. "Get Kate to escort her. Got it?"
"Yes ma'am," he answered.
"Who was that?" Tony asked, coming out of observation.
"Yakiv Stupka is here"
"Mac, please don't kick the crap out of him. That's not good for PR"
"Well, PR can kiss my ass."
"I knew that was coming" he said to him self as he chased after her down the corridor. Mac raced past the most wanted wall to see Stupka step off of the elevator. "Oh shit" Tony muttered as Mac jumped him. She placed her leg behind his and shoved him over, bending down and digging her knee into his chest. She drew her sig and pushed it against his heart, making him wince. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't splatter your organs all over the floor?" she said, pressing the gun into his chest.
"What?" she spluttered nervously.
"I hate domestic abusers, so don't push me"
"What? I am not abusive" he said with a think accent.
"I also hate liars"
"I am not lying. I never once hit Helen, ever." He pleaded. "I was the other way around" he whispered reluctantly.
"What the hell is going on today!" Mac said to herself, before giving the Ukrainian a chance. She roughly ripped open his shirt and her mind changed instantly. His muscled chest was covered in dark blue, purple and green bruises, all from different times. "what the hell happened to you?" she practically yelled.
"I did not abuse Helen, she hit me. And she killed her husband. I was there." he whimpered. Mac quickly holstered her sig and let up on his chest. She stood up and the helped Yakiv up.
"Are you positive?"
"Yes. I will testify" he said reluctantly said,
"Get him to a doctor" she said, handing him off to another agent before running back to interrogation. Tony once again on her six.

Mac burst into the empty room. "Where the hell is Rankin?!" she yelled through the glass.
"You told me to let her go" came the voice of the tech.
"Is she with agent DiNozzo?"
"Yes ma'am"
"Shit!" Mac yelled running out of the room with Tony and down to the garage while pulling out her phone. She called the main gate. "Has special agent DiNozzo left?!" she yelled down the mouthpiece. "God Fucking damn it!" she said, throwing it into the car and climbing in, Tony doing the same on the other side. She slammed her foot onto the accelerator and sped out of the parking lot. She braked suddenly when she arrived at the gate. "When did they leave!" she yelled at the marine.
"About 10 minutes ago ma'am" he said, barely even finishing before she sped off again. Tony grabbed the dashboard and Mac skidded round the corner.
"Mac, slow down!"
"No, get Abby on the phone. Tell her to trace Kate's cell" Mac said, as Tony grabbed up Mac's phone which was still lying between the seats.
"Abby"
"Hey Tony, what's up"
"Abby. No time to talk. Trace Kate's cell now!" he heard the clicking of keys.
"Is something wrong?"
"Yeah, you got a location?"
"She is 5 miles off the navy yard, NE. by the looks of things you are close. What's wrong?" she asked desperately, but Tony had already hung up.
"We are close. Why are you going so fast?"
"If she killed once she'll kill again, but this time she'll be hitting 2 birds with one stone" Mac said, speeding up even more.