- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Hi! Im a new addict of something amazing named NCIS, and even if I love the whole team, Gibbs and Tony make my day. This is my first fanfic, I hope you enjoy it
Author's Chapter Notes:
Home was home and work was work - the two separate, divisible. As they should be. What happened behind closed doors in the lifes of Tony and Gibbs
FAMILY SECRETS
BULLPEN -PRESENT DAY
"Probie.Where's the Kellerman's case file? I told you that I needed it ASAP."
Timothy McGee arched his eyebrows. The cold, commanding tone of voice wasn't that common in Tony Dinozzo. It was, however, understandable, considering their most recent investigation. Any case that had child abuse in any form seemed to put Tony in a very bad mood – to put it lightly.
Tony - and Gibbs. So the day was looking to be just peachy…
"Here it is, Tony. The latest photos of Jeremy are still in the lab, and Ducky's going to send me the report of the kid's injuries."
"He's going to send them to you, McGee?" Tony didn't even look up from his desk. "That's good work - considering how far Dr. Mallard's office is from here. After all, you don't want to get tired, do you?
"Ducky says that when the report is done, he'll tell us. Don't take it out on Tim!" Ziva glared from behind her desk.
"Did I ask you something, Officer David?" Tony eyes were almost red with exhaustion and anger. And filled to the brim with a rage that had even Ziva taking a step backwards.
"DINOZZO! I could hear your voice from Abby's lab!" Gibbs swept into the room. "Ziva, you need to have a talk with that lady from Social Services, tell her what I think about his methods - just don't kill her. You, McGee, put that file together. Dinozzo, you're with me - NOW." Hurricane Gibbs stormed out of the room, Tony scrambling in his footsteps.
"Well!" Ziva David arched her eyebrows at McGee. "That was weird!"
"What was weird, Ziva??"
"Gibbs seems to always wants Tony to go with him, and they have "private conversations" every time..."
"Maybe 'cause Tony is his Senior Field Agent - and one of the best investigators in here..." McGee whispered the last bit to himself.
Not quite soft enough. "Mm? One of the best, McGee?"
"You don't need to tell him that, believe me."
"They went to dinner last night."
"Mmh."
"They spent the weekend together, doing - something!"
"Really?"
"Tony always brings him coffee and food, and they walk to their cars together, and the other day, they - "
"Ziva...Ziva...what's your point? We all know that Tony and Gibbs are close - I mean, they've worked together for almost five years."
"I know that – but they're too close. Their body language, the way they look at each other – the way they talk without words – how they always seem to be almost in each other's minds…" Zive glared after the two suspiciously.
"Wh-wha-what do you mean?"
"I mean that sometimes the stresses of the job, the harsh cases, all the time spent together – stressful situation have been known to make people come together…"
"You do know, there's a simpler explanation. Have you ever heard of something called friendship, Ziva?"
***
The moment that Tony stepped into the elevator Gibbs could see it in his face. The hunted look, the eyes full of rage, fear and pain... Dammit! He had spent years trying to erase that expression in the young man's eyes.
"Ow!" Tony complained as Gibb's hand smacked his head. "Hey! I didn't deserve that, thank you Boss!"
"What the hell was that in there, Dinozzo?"
Tony ducked his head sheepishly. "I know… it's just that - that bastard hit that poor kid, and I, I..."
"It brings bad memories... I know, Tony, but it's over - Kellerman isn't going to hurt his son again, and the kid will eventually find a good home."
"That's not completely true."
"What?"
"He will hurt his son again. Every time that kid remembers his father, he'll remember the fear and the pain. My God, he was only twelve, and he'd already been in the hospital fifteen times!"
"Tony" Gibbs sighed. "I know there's no excuse for what Kellerman did, but he's gone now, and you gave his son the chance to begin a new life. Let it go. Marines, cops, even a very good man can lose control like that at times."
"No - not you. You never - you never did that. You never do that…"
Gibbs wrapped an arm around Tony's shoulder in a half hug. "Hey, hey... it's okay. Everything is okay - I'm here, remember?"
"I know, I know." Tony leaned into the touch. "I'm sorry for losing it like that. Thanks, Dad."
Dad... God! No matter how many times he heard it, he always felt his heart grow warm when Tony called him that. He's the luckiest man on earth – has been ever since that night sixteen years ago, when a skinny, scared, and badly beaten boy knocked at his door...
(Sixteen years ago)
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.
"What the hell?"
"What's going on, Jethro... who?"
"I don't know Shannon. I don't know who the hell is knocking at my door at three in the morning – but believe me, he's going to regret it!"
KNOCK KNOCK -
"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" Gibbs rubbed his eyes, glaring blearily at the skinny teen cowering in the doorway. For the life of him, he hadn't expected this – this kid looking at him with terrified eyes.
"G-good evening, sir. I'm sorry for waking you up. My name is Anthony – and, and my mother told me that if I ever needed help or didn't have anyplace to go, I could ask you for your help." He quailed at the look on the older man's face. "It's just –she, she told me - that you were my father..."
000000000000000000000000000000000000
Chapter End Notes:
Hi! Im a new addict of something amazing named NCIS, and even if I love the whole team, Gibbs and Tony make my day. This is my first fanfic, I hope you enjoy it