- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony realizes she is meant for him and asks her the question.
Tony was then awaken by the sound of his alarm at 5:30am, he shut off his clock and went to go have a shower and get dressed to see Ziva and be there when she awakens.
Tony went downstairs and grabbed a thermos with fresh orange juice in it for Ziva and coffee for him to be able to wake up. He walked outside and got in his car and sat the bag with stuff in it for Ziva and sat his coffee in the cupholder. He put his key in the car ignition and drove off to the innerstate to head to Bethesda Naval Hospital. The sun was just coming up and he remembers Ziva watching the sinrise from work if she stayed all night and always told Tony how beautiful it was and he would always complain about how bright it was and this morning he finally saw the reason why she loved the sunrise so much... she admired it's beauty.
Tony arrived at the hospital and Jeanne was standing in the emergency room.
" Jeanne! What's wrong? What happened? " Tony asked in a panic.
" Nothing, they moved Ziva to another room in recovery in the middle of the night. I came to see how she was and hoped you would be here this morning. I wanted to tell you that I do understand how you feel and that I am sorry for what I said last night. Ziva is asleep they gave her more pain killers this early in the morning. " Jeanne said in a huge breath and told Tony she hoped for the best for Ziva and walked out.

Tony walked up to Recovery and asked where Ziva was and she had only been moved to the end of the other hall ahead of the nurses station.
Tony quietly walked in and sat in the chair, but the squeak of the chair woke her up.
" Tony, you're back. " Ziva said smiling and holding his hand.
" Of course I came back I would not leave you alone. I am not leaving you alone until you are outta here. " Tony said kissing her hand softly.
Ziva looked a lot better but she was still very, very sore... bullet wounds take forever to heal metaphorically speaking.
The nurse had come in earlier to change the dressing on her wounds and told her the stitching would take a while to heal and that the swelling would go down in time.
Tony was pondering weather to ask her now or wait till she got out o the hospital. But if she died then she would now how he truly felt about her and he would have always be apart of her even if she was gone.
" Ziva? " Tony asked knealing at her bedside.
Ziva had no idea what he was doing then Tony pulled out a box from his pocket... Ziva then realized what was coming and she started to cry.
" Tony... no I -- " Ziva started.
" Ziva, I am not waiting any longer to ask you. You are sick right now and I am not having you die on me without me asking you this question.
Ever since I first met you I felt a connection between us, at first I had no idea what it was but then as our time grew together I knew I loved you and the thought of me losing you did not sit well with me. I want you to walk my life with me and I want you by my side and take risks with me as I am taking this risk with you now. " Tony said waiting for Ziva to answer him.
" Yes... " Ziva said holding out her hand as Tony slipped the ring on her finger. It was a rectangle cut with 24 krt gold band and it sparkled with every move. She pulled her hand away and looked at it, it was elegant and she loved it.
Tony leaned in and kissed Ziva and whispered in her ear that he loved her but this time with the words " I love you " he had never said anything different to her... never " love you " it was always 3 words.
" Tony I love you. " Ziva said hugging Tony tightly.
A doctor came in and told Ziva she could go home in a week or maybe less depending on how she is feeling and if the doctors agree.
Ziva nodded and told them she felt alright so far and the doctor said then let's hope it stays that way.