- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They find the car at the junk yard but not all is what it seems
Chapter 10

"I'm Special Agent Gibbs, this is Special Agent DiNozzo, and this is Officer David," said Gibbs. "Can you show us were the car is?"
"Sure, I'm Micheal Jefferies. I'm the owner but the car wasn just dumped here last night around two in the morning."
"Thats okay just take us to it. We're going to tow it anyway," said Gibbs as Mr. Jefferies led them to the Toyota Tercel.
"Is this it?" Gibbs asked Tony.
"Yep," replied Tony. They all noticed the red liquid leaking from the truck. Gibbs then signled one of the cops to pop the trunk. Gibbs then fully opened the truck but there was nothing inside except for a letter which said, "If you have found this then you know who I am and what I have done. You stupid cops didn't realize that this was just set up to get you off my tail. I have already taken my new victim, which I have actually had for awhile but you are running out of time for her and my next victim, which is one of your own. Detective Jessica Todd you're running out of time you're my next victim I hope you like your last few days alive."
"Sh!t," said Tony.
"How is Jessica his next victim?" said Ziva.
"She looks like Burnber's sister like all the other victims," said Gibbs.
"We should have just listened to Jess. We shouldn't have assumed that she was lying that she didn't know what she was talking about. We shouldn't have assumed she may have a part in this," said Tony.
"She wasn't making any sense Tony. The way she was talknng it sounded like she was either crazy or she knew something that only the killer would know," said Ziva.
"Yea well her sister was one of us! She is one of us! We should have trusted her more and we shouldn't have put her in an interrogation room!" said Tony angrily he didn't know who he was angry at Gibbs or himself.
"Tony you're way out of line," said Ziva.
"No he's right I should have trusted her more she couldn't be the killer she was with us when Annabella Roslyn was kidnapped. We should go back to NCIS, but take the car it might have been a set up but he might have made a mistake," said Gibbs. "So Ziva you stay with the car and make sure it ends up with Abby soon and not by tomorrow."
"So when we go back to NCIS we gonna talk to Jess, boss, or are we gonna interrogate her?" asked Tony some what sarcasticully but some what seriously.
"TONY, enough with that okay. We're gonna talk to her but in the interrogation room, okay? If we find out she's telling the truth and isn't involved then we're gonna make sure Burnber doesn't hurt her or anyone else," said Gibbs.
"Alright, sorry boss. I know don't say sorry its a sign of weakness," said Tony.
"Good, at least I don't have to remind you. Alright lets go," said Gibbs.