- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jessica Todd has a secret she didn't want the team to find out about. What could it be?
Chapter 11

The team exited the elevator after returning ro NCIS headquarters and the whole team was completely silent, which was a little unnerving.
"So we going down to interrogation one to talk to Jess or we just gonna sit here with a stupid look on our faces," Tony finally said.
"We're all going down just give me a minute, DiNozzo," said Gibbs angrily. He then went to his desk and pulled something out but no one saw what it was. Then Tony and McGee followed Gibbs down to interrogation one's viewing room.
"Hello, Moretti," said Tony.
"Well its about thime that you got here," said Jacobi angrily but also sadly.
"DiNozzo, McGee, you both stay here with Moretti I'm gonna talk to Jess," said Gibbs.
"But boss............" Tony started to say.
"But nothing okay DiNozzo," said Gibbs interupting Tony. He then walked out of the viewing room and into the interrogation room.
"Good God Gibbs its about time you got here. Look I know that what I know my seem a little suspicious but........." I started to say but was interrupted by Gibbs.
"A little suspicious Jess you said that you knew where Burnber keeps his victims after he kidnaps them. Then you said the the car was a set up and guess what it was there was no body in the car."
"I was right."
"How the hell were you right. How the hell did you know that?"
"You wouldn't believe me, you wouldn't understand."
"Wouldn't understand! Well what I know is that your a suspect for the murders and if you don't tell me how you knew I'm probably going to have to arrest you."
"You wont believe me," I said sadly.
"Just tell and then I'll tell you if I believe you or not."
"Okay.......Well I'm......psychic."
"You're what?!"
"I knew you wouldn't believe me."
"This isn't a matter of me believing or not. It's a matter of understanding."
"What the hell fo you mean?"
"Alright I don't believe you. That stuff isn't real."
"Gibbs, what the hell!" Just then Moretti walked into the interrogation room with a slightly angry look on his face.
"Look Gibbs I don't know what you believe but Jess.....she really is what she says she is. She's shown me she's shown a good amount of people that we work with."
"Moretti get your @ss out of here now!"
"Look let her prove it. What's the harm in that. Let her read you, Tony, and McGee's minds."
"Now you are saying she can read minds."
"Look just let her do that. If she's lying well then I guess you can arrest her."
"What?!" I finally said.
"Fine, DiNozzo! McGee! Get in here now! Moretti go to the viewing room." Then Moretti left the interrogation and Tony and McGee entered the room.
"If you don't mind me saying I'll start with McGee, then Tony, and then finally you Gibbs. Okay well you should probably think about something no one knows but make it something that you wouldn't mind them knowing."
"Alright lets get this started," said Tony.
"Alright. McGee. When you were young about six or seven you got lost on the subway only wearing your boxers while holding your rubber ducky. You were scared out of your mind. You were lost for three hours."
"Thats right she got it exactly right," said McGee
"Well that sucks for your McGeek," said Tony with a smirk on your face.
"Tony....you don't want me to say that."
"Right okay ummmm give me a minute."
"You walked in on your parents having sex when you were eight. It scared the living crap out of you."
"Thats right. I never told anyone that," said Tony and then McGee left of a slight chuckle in which Tony responded with a slap on the back of McGee's head.
"Tony!" said Gibbs loudly.
"Sorry boss," replied Tony.
"Okay Gibbs. When you were in the war a buddy of yours got hurt....... you went back for him. That, which resulted in you getting hurt and another marine went after you. He got killed saving you and your friend. You blamed yourself though you know it wasn't really your fault. Though you still blame yourself. I think if you had been strong enough you could have saved them both."
"You really are psychic then," said Gibbs softly.
"Yea its not something that I ever wanted but its something that I have to live with and deal with."
"Alright lets get out of here we have a case to solve." Gibbs, Tony, McGee and I then walked out of the interrogation room and then joined by Moretti who exited the viewing room. We then went back to the bullpen when Director Shepard joined us.