- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Who got hurt me, Jacobi or both of us.
Chapter 14

The scream must have come from Moretti because I felt fine, no dizziness nothing, but there was no numbness either. I had to have been fine but then that meant that Moretti wasn't. He was hurt and it was my fault, this was my plan. We had done this before but it had always gone better. I tried to get out of the car by but I couldn't reach the passenger door. Burnber had grabbed my feet before I could do anything. I screamed, I just screamed. I don't no why I did it I just did. Burnber must have gotten in the car when he grabbed my leg because he started the engine. He then gunned it down the dirt driveway. Once he hit the road I heard gunshots probably from Gibbs' and Tony's guns. Then when Burnber wasn't paying attention I opened the passenger door and jumped out the car but before I could get out of the car he managed to stabb my right ankle. I wouldn't recomend jumping out of a moving car it hurts like a b!tch but I did it, I jumped out of the car. I tried get up once I stopped rolling but once I tried I just let out another scream. Good God that hurt like a B!TCH! I heard someone running down the driveway it was DiNozzo, thank god it was Tony.
"JESS! JESS! Jess where are you," screamed Tony.
"Down here help me Tony," I screamed back. Finally after was seemed like forever Tony found me.
"Hey Jess how are you," asked Tony.
"Well I jumped out of a moving car and I think he stabbbed my right ankle," I said painfully.
"Damn it," was the response Tony gave me. We called the police. "Moretti was shot in the leg but he should be fine. Once they come I'll get them to look at you. Are you okay to walk," said Tony and I could have sworn he didn't take a breath while saying all that.
"I think so," I said as I started getting up, which Tony helped me with. I leaned on him as we walked down back to the house. I saw Moretti lying there bleeding. I wanted to run to him to see if he was okay. To say I was sorry that I didn't mean what happened to happen. Tony must have saw the look on my face because he changed direction and took me straight to Moretti.
"It wasn't your fault," said Tony softly as he put me down next to Moretti.
"Hey what the hell happened to you?" Moretti asked me with a sarcastic tone.
"You know the usual. Whats new. I could nearly ask you the same thing," I said in response.
"I didn't know he had a gun. If I had known I would have done it differently."
"I know me too." Everyone was quiet it was just me and Moretti talking, which didn't bother me.
"So I thought you were leaving me for him," said Moretti laughing softly.
"Well I was gonna but I just couldn't leave you," I said laughing with him.
"You shouldn't have done what you did," said Gibbs seriously.
"I know but it seemed like the best thing to do at the time. He wasn't gonna give Annabella up. It was the only way he was gonna do it," I said just as seriously.
"Hey look don't get angry with her we've done this before, quite a few times actually. It normally works but I guess normally the guy isn't hiding a weapon," said Moretti trying to lighten up the mood.
"Yea I know if he had a gun why use a knife. It doesn't make any sense," I said. Then I heard sirens, finally the ambulence was here. Moretti was gonna be okay. Now all we have to do is find Burnber.