- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby got some evidence finally but wiht a little help from Jess but how would she know it
Chapter 7

"Hey Abby what have you got?" asked Gibbs
"Nothing DNA was a bust and her computor didn't look like anything of importance was on it but maybe Moretti could look at it. He might notice something I didn't," said Abby.
"Abby run the DNA against a case about twenty-nine years ago victim was a twenty-eight girl with the last name Burnber," I said. Abby just look at me strangly and then looked at Gibbs.
"Just do it Abby," I said annoyed
"Okay," said Abby. See accessed the file and ran the DNA against the victim. "Why am I running the DNA against..." but Abby was interupted from a beep from her computor."Its a partical match to the victim. I would say a male sibling,"
"I thought so," I said
"What and you're just mentioning this now," said Gibbs angrily.
"Well it was a long shot. The victims profile matchs that girl's, Sarah Burnber. Her brother was eleven, Scott Burnber. Everyone thought, knew that he had murdered her but there was no proof. Specially since it was twenty-nine years ago and there was no DNA evidence left behind. Also it was thought that he in a mental insitute for the past twenty-nine years, because he stopped talking after she died. But last week the new boss from the insitute just reported him missing. The thing is they said he ran away nearly a year ago," I said
"Stupid idiot," mumbled Gibbs.
"Well reporting him missing was the first thing he did when he became the boss. The older boss didn't want to destory the crediblity of the institute," I said.
"Okay so where is her?"
"No one knows he dropped off the face of the earth."
"Well that's just great."
Why don't you call Moretti so he can come down here to take a look at the computor," said Abby.
"McGee go upstairs and get Jacobi but you stay up there and help Ziva," said Gibbs.
"Okay boss," replied McGee and he left the lab.
"So we a least now we know who the killer is now all we have to do is find him," I said and Moretti came down into the lab.
"McGee said you wanted to see me Gibbs," said Moretti
"Yea help Abby go over the victim's computor and see if anything jumps out at you," said Gibbs and he started to walk out of the lab.
"We know who did it," I said.
"You mean we have proof know," said Moretti and he walked over to the victim's computor. I then followed Gibbs out of the lab and into the elevtaor. As soon as the elevator started to move Gibbs pressed the emergeny stop button. I guess he wanted to talk to me.
"How did you know that the murder was Scott Burnber?" asked Gibbs
"I didn't know for sure it I was just lucky. Some of the older cops had mentioned the similarities between this case and Sarah Burnber's murder."
"So you're not going to tell me the truth then."
"It is the truth," I said. 'Or at least partially the truth', I thought. He then pushed the button again and the elevator started up.