- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A new character is introduced and takes an immediate shine to Carrie
Kate stepped out from the elevator, followed Tony, Gibbs and Carrie. After the embarrassment of the car journey, McGee had decided to go downstairs to see Abby rather than come to the bullpen. He didn't know what was worse; Kate's snipes or Tony's embarrassing applauds.

All three of the remaining team reached the bullpen, where they met the Director standing with someone they didn't know. Both Kate and Carrie gave him the silent look up and down; for it was a young man who stood in front of them. He can't have been more than 25 years old, with mid-length sandy brown hair that had been teased to perfection so that it fell lightly across his forehead. He had a small scar cutting through his left eyebrow, and even through his blue shirt you could see the outline of an impressive physique; but the most startling thing of all were his eyes. They were a bright blue, sparkling in the light; almost hard to look at in fact, but nonetheless like two small pools of glittering water just waiting to show you their depths. Both of the girls where transfixed. Tony was not impressed, but even he had to admit that he admired this man's body.

‘He must work out at least three times a week,' Tony thought to himself, thinking of his own feeble attempts at visiting the gym. It wasn't that he was lazy per se; just that he always had other things to do. ‘Like eating, sleeping and watching movies,' he thought to him self with a grin.

"NCIS, I'd like to you to meet Liam Teagan," the Director said, raising her hand towards the man stood beside her. "Liam, this is NCIS. I'm sure they can introduce themselves on their own," she said, giving Gibbs a teasing look. Gibbs smiled back, the faintest trace of a glint in his eye.

"Jethro Gibbs, but Gibbs will suffice," he said moving forward to shake the man's hand. "This is my team, Special Agents Tony DiNozzo, Kate Todd and Officer Carrie Lockhart from the local police station. I have another agent downstairs with whom you will undoubtedly meet later on."

"Gee, Gibbs, you make me sound so important," Carrie retorted.

"Believe you me," Liam said, stepping forward toward Carrie, "I take you with the utmost importance." He took Carrie's hand into his and looked deep into her eyes. A flash of electricity ran across Carrie's lower abdomen and she felt her palm go sweaty. Tony rolled his eyes.

‘Geez,' he thought to himself.

"I'm Kate," she said walking forward to take Liam's hand. Tony's stance hardened and his fist clenched slightly. Liam finally pulled his eyes away from Carrie and looked toward Kate. He gave her a dazzling smile and took her hand as well.

"Liam Teagan, as the Director here has had the grace to tell everyone already," he said flashing the same smile toward the Director, who didn't notice as she and Gibbs were sharing a look of their own.

"Oh," the Director said as if coming out of a trance at hearing her name being mentioned. "Yes, um Liam is here for some training with us for a while. He'd like to become an agent with NCIS, so I said that he could do some shadowing here with you."

"So what should I call you, sir?" Liam said looking towards Gibbs.

"Not sir," he said gritting his teeth, "Boss if anything."

"Alright Boss, where would you like me to start?"

"Um, Tony you stay here and organize evidence. Carrie, could you go downstairs and see if McGee and Abby have found anything yet? And Kate, you can give Liam the grand tour."

"Ok," said Kate smiling happily and looking toward Liam. Liam smiled back, "Come on, I'll show you around." Tony gave Liam a cold stare that Liam noticed, and his smile faltered for a second before he followed Kate toward the elevator. Carrie followed them, and Tony watched all three of them enter the lift and the doors close. Only then did he sit down behind his desk to begin sorting through the evidence. Gibbs and the Director had left by this point to go up to her office and Tony was left on his own, a dark scowl across his face.

***

Jen and Jethro both walked into Jen's office and closed the door behind them.

"Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Gibbs asked, almost angry.

"I didn't think you'd mind," she said looking at him. She moved forward toward him, "do you mind?"

"When it affects my team, I would just like to be given the heads up," he said, his voice softening, Jen now playing with the front of his shirt.

"Oh yes, I quite agree," she said, nodding playfully, her eyes staring into his. "How could I possibly make it up to you?"

Jethro melted. "Damn you woman," he said, wrapping his arms around her. "You always know how to play me."

"And don't I know it!" she said giggling. Jethro leaned forward and gave her a quick, but firm kiss.

"Right, I've got to go," he said, letting go of her and walking toward the door.

"Tease," she said flirtatiously, as he opened it.

"And don't I know it," he said, walking through her reception. Jen walked over and shut the door.

"Still, he can't manage to use doors properly," she said, mocking him, but with the faintest trace of a smile on her face.

***

Carrie walked into the Lab to find McGee and Abby in a very compromising position.

"Is there any time you two aren't all over each other?!" she asked, disbelievingly.

"Not really," said Abby laughing, wiping lipstick from around McGee's mouth. "Why would there be when I've got a guy as handsome as McGee here?" she said, looking proudly toward him.

"That is true girl," Carrie said, smiling. McGee began to blush, and Abby slipped one arm around his waist. He reacted by doing the same to her. "So, what have you got for us today?" she asked.

"Well, DNA confirms that the body is indeed Mrs Hall, our first abduction victim," Abby replied sorrowfully. "There isn't a lot of other stuff I can do…" she continued, "I'm waiting on Ducky for any traces he's found."

"Ok," Carrie said walking toward the door, "I'll report back to Gibbs…and let you two get on with it," she winked.

"Thank you!" Abby said happily. McGee didn't say anything; he was preoccupied by looking down lovingly at Abby. Carrie took one last look at the happy couple who were now embracing, and walked out the Lab.

***