- Text Size +
Two month later.

Tony sat at his desk reading the reports of their last case. Since he had become teamleader about a year ago nearly a dozen probies had passed through, none of them really staying for long. But he had to admit that the new guy, Stuard Gilliam, was a good agent. Of course he was still green and all but nonetheless a good assett to the team. But his phone pulled him out of his thoughts and he answered a little grumpy.

„DiNozzo?"

„A wonderfully good afternoon, Tony. Here's Sonja."

Smiling Tony turned away a bit to have more privacy.

„Hey, how are you doing?"

„I'm doing just fine. And it happens that I have just received the result of your blood work."

His doctor announced happily. He had a pretty good feeling, judging by her mood but he wasn't going to push his hopes up.

„Convenient. And I thought you just called to chat. So? What does it say?"

„It says that I will see you a lot in the next eight months. You're definitely pregnant."

„YES!!"

Tony jumped off his chair and raised his fist in triumph, what got him frowns all around the office.

„Now, this is the reaction I waited for. Anyway, you know the drill. No sugar, caffeine or fat!"

„Yeah, yeah, I know. Sonja, I gotta go. Have to tell Jethro."

„Sure. Call for an appointment."

„Absolutely."

He hung up and already gapped his coat.

„Guys, let's call it a day. I'm gone!"

Without waiting he was out of the office and left a confused team behind.

„That must have been good news."

Ziva said as she still looked at the elevator. She'd love to know who had brought such a good mood to their team leader.









„JETHRO!!"

Tony rushed into the house glancing into every room he passed but didn't find his husband. Standing in the hall after he checked every room of the house he sighed frustrated.

„Never there where you need him."

He muttered and raised an eyebrow. Checking that noone was there he went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He grinned brightly as a pie was there and his name was written all over it, figuratively speaking. He was just about to reach for it as the front door fell close.

„Hey, you're already home?"

Sighing he turned around and closed the fridge. ‚No pie for Tony‘ he thought a little sad but that feeling was gone just as fast and he thought he'd let his husband suffer. He put up a neutral face.

„Sonja called me."

Jethro understood immidiatly and his expression was expecting.

„So? What did the test say?"

Tony took a deep breath and looked away.

„Oh, Tony..."

„I'm positive."

Jethro blinked confused.

„Positive? As in you're pregnant?"

„As in I'm pregnant."

Tony grinned as Jethro's jaw hung open for a moment.

„And they call me a bastard!"

A second later Tony was hugged tightly for about five minutes with occasional kisses.

„This is so great."

Jethro sighed into Tony's neck and the younger man squeezed a little tighter.

„How do you wanna tell the others that we're going to have another child?"

„I thought we could tell them on our tenth anniversary."

„We're not married for ten years."

Jethro frowned slightly as if he was counting.

„No, we're not. But next saturday it's been exactly ten years since we are together. I mean, after you left for Mexico...so, technically, it's twelve already."

Tony opened the fridge again, looking sadly at the pie but took a bottle of water instead.

„So, you wanna get them all over and tell them?"

„Yup...gotta tell Lish and Dan tonight. I'm sure I'm going to throw up soon. Wouldn't be good if Dan found me hugging the toilet one night."

Jethro nodded, about to take out the coffee but deciding against it. It shocked him a bit how easily they fell back into their „pregnancy habits".

„Two pregnant persons in the office. I can't say I'm envious on Tim."

Jethro grinned at his husband and Tony rolled his eyes.

„I'm not that bad."

„Usually you're not. But I can already see it. You and Ziva bitching around. I bet Ziva's gonna be bitchy. And you'll freak when she starts craving and she actually can eat what she wants."

Tony winced slightly and once more glanced at the fridge.

„Thanks for reminding me. I guess I'll talk to her that she tells the others. It's only a matter of time until she's showing too much to hide."

„She's showing?"

Tony started to grin.

„Yup, she showed me this morning. It's cool, petite Ziva's turning fat."

„Yeah, but you won't be the right to say something about that."

He frowned and then nodded.

„Damn, you're right. Maybe this wasn't the best moment to be pregnant again...but then, she'd given it back anyway. Where are the kids anyway?"

„Dan's with Matt and Lish's at Ivi's place. The two of them never go without the other."

Tony nodded absent-minded. At the moment all he could think of was just how great his life had turned out. He had a great husband, two wonderful children and a third on its way. Could it be any better?