- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Epilogue to the story.
Ziva David was lying in bed thinking about Timothy McGee. It was odd how not so long ago there had been no attraction for her and now? Well she could hardly breath. He was sweet and kind: comforting. He was someone that Ziva could open up too, someone who wouldn't judge her. She needed that. After years with her father then the Mossad, she'd never just been allowed to be. No fighting or trying to better her self, just being herself. He let her do that free of restriction and to her that made him even more attractive. And it wasn't just that; the man was smart. Damn smart. She'd known that instantly when she'd met him so long ago, and it always amazed her just how smart. He would always know what to say, how to look at her, how to hold her. Plus the man had the added bonus of being hot! Not as oozing with sexuality or as obviously good-looking as Tony, but he was hot. She smiled to her self; a warm feeling spreading in her abdomen. That evening had been the best she'd ever had! He'd been surprisingly strong and domineering, making her feel safe and protected. She hated to admit it but he made her feel a way that no man had ever been able to do; doubted ever will be able to do. Though she didn't think that that would be a problem. Now that she had him; she was never letting him go.

Timothy McGee was lying in bed thinking about Ziva David. It had finally happened! That explosion where she'd jumped on top of him had been the beginning of something new, something beautiful and brilliant; the beginning of him and Ziva. He couldn't quite believe his luck; him and Ziva were now officially an item, and it had happened so fast. It occurred to him just how amazingly easy it had been. As soon as they both knew how each other felt, they had clicked and just like that, they were together. He loved that she was so feisty; always keeping him on his toes. She was a strong woman and he loved that but there were moments when he saw past that. She let him see who she was inside; and he felt the need to protect her. When those moments came, she seemed so small, like a little child lost in a crowd. Those were the moments when he loved her most. He smiled to himself as he repeated it to him self. ‘He loved her, he loved her, he loved her'. The words seemed to roll off his tongue with ease, confirming their meaning to him. He loved everything about her and everything that came with her. It didn't harm that she was also incredibly sexy. She had the best body he had ever seen! He had no doubt that she had more experience than him in that department, but earlier that night it had felt so easy. There bodies had come together like they'd meant to be that way a long time ago and it had definitely been the best he'd ever had. He felt at ease with her but she could always excite him and tighten his stomach. Just looking at her melted his heart and he had to tell himself not to muck this up; he was in this relationship for keeps.

McGee reached out across the bed and pulled Ziva into his arms, his arms surrounding her. She moaned in happiness and hugged him tightly.

"I love you" McGee whispered into her ear. Her eyes were closed but he saw her lips spread into a wide smile.

"I love you too McGee"

"You can call me Tim you know" McGee said

"You'll always be McGee to me" she said smiling further. She tightened her grip on McGee and said under her breath so McGee couldn't hear. "You'll always be my McGee"

Both of them slept in each others arms and the world slipped away. It was the best nights sleep that either of them had ever had.

***