- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone is out there acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner and its up to the team to stop them.
The huge, heavy wooden doors swung open revealing an immaculately dressed man standing under the arch. The rain was gushing down behind him; however, this man was seemingly untouched by the turbulent water. He walked forwards, leaving the doors wide open and a cold wind howling around the large stone room. He walked down the aisle, pews either side of him, his recently polished shoes squeaking as he did so. He bowed his head and made the sign of the cross as he reached the altar, saying a small, silent prayer as he did so, his mouth making small movements but no sound exiting his lips. He finished and raised his head, looking around the church, and finally spied the door that he needed. He walked over to it and slowly opened it, it creaking as he did so. As the door swung open it revealed a small room with a woman sitting in a chair, gently rocking a small baby. Her skin went pale as he entered and her eyes were wide with fear. She clutched the baby tighter to her breast and swayed as he came closer to her.

The man smiled as he closed the door behind him and he looked deep into the eyes of the terrified woman, "I know what you've done Sister, and I'm here to put things right."

***