- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is an answer to a challenge posted on the NFA.

Ziva and McGee go undercover and things go really really bad.
CHAPTER 1

"McGee, it's your case now," Gibbs said, looking at McGee.

McGee was shocked. He sat at his desk, mouth wide open, wondering what Gibbs was up to.

"Pick a partner; you are going undercover, and you need a missus," Gibbs said, smiling inside. He loved making his agents squirm.

"When do I have to make my decision?" McGee asked, still wondering what this was all about.

"By 11 am; you got an hour then you and your partner are outta here."


***Two hours previously***

"Abby, you need a lift?" McGee asked her over the phone, while he was sitting in his Mercedes.

"Yeah Timmy, where are you?" Abby asked, beginning to get dressed.

"I am outside," McGee said, smiling.

"That's stalker-ish Timmy," Abby said, looking out the window.

"That's negligee, Abs," McGee said, smiling hugely at Abby standing in the window in her black lace underwear.

Abby rushed to get changed, and then locked her door and ran out to the car.

"You look good today, Abs" McGee said, approving of the short red skirt and black t-shirt she had picked because she knew it drove him wild.

"So are you saying I don't look good everyday?" Abby asked, giving her best frown.

"No I... I didn't mean... I meant that you look amazing today," McGee said stuttering.

"I know Timmy, I know," Abby said, and leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. He blushed.

"I love that I can make you blush every time," Abby said smiling. "Are we dining this evening?" she asked hopefully

"Of course; same as every week," McGee said, taking his eyes briefly off the road to look at her.
***Real time***

In Abby's lab, the music was lower than usual because Tony had turned it down so that he could hear her talking. He never knew how she could hear anything over her music.

"He will so pick me!" Abby said confidently. "We have been getting on well recently," she said smiling.

"Well, he is definitely not going to pick Ziva; that would just be scary," Tony said, imagining McGee and Ziva together and shuddering, with Abby following suit.

Tony left the lab, telling Abby to keep the screen on so that she could see when McGee picked her without him seeing her and showing off her huge grin.

"So McGee, you made your choice?" Gibbs asked, not looking up from his work.

McGee stood and looked at Tony and then Ziva, swallowing hard. "I have Gibbs," he said, walking slightly closer to Gibbs' desk.

"And McGee? I haven't got all day," Gibbs said, giving McGee his world famous stare.

"I pick Ziva," Mcgee said, and everyone's jaws hit the floor.

"I am going to kill her!" Abby said, shouting in the lab. She was not liking this; McGee was hers and only hers.

"Very well," Gibbs said, sounding a little shocked. He knew Abby would find out about this. "Take Ziva and get settled, you have a motel to de-bug."

Gibbs handed them the file and pointed at the elevator, "Everything is set up for you. Tony will be along shortly to help with security, but it is all down to you now, McGee," he said with no expression on his face "And McGee?" Gibbs asked.

"Yes boss?" Mcgee said, stopping mid step.

"You screw up and you're fired, you got me?" Gibbs said sternly.

"Got it, boss," McGee said, running to catch up with Ziva.