- Text Size +
CHAPTER 10:

"Ziva, you did good" Gibbs said putting his sig back in the drawer and tapping his hand on the keyboard to wake his computer up as it responded with loud beeps.
"Thanks boss, so does my job still exist?" Ziva asked hovering over her desk ready to get pack up her things as leave as soon as possible.
"You get to keep your job for now" Gibbs said smiling slightly and making his way to the Director's office
"You are lucky you have kept your job zee-va" Tony said still remembering what she looked like less than an hour ago
"You are lucky you have kept your…" Ziva said looking down and smiling wickedly

Tony puts his hands towards his crouch and moves behind his desk to shield himself, he knows what Ziva is capable of and does not want to remember the pain he felt when they had gone undercover and he was caught out not using his knee.

McGee spent all of 2 seconds deciding where to go after he had been released, he was going to see Abby and settle it once and for all. He got in his car and drove to see her, the pain was apparent in his chest as he tried to turn the wheel to make a left turn. He narrowly made the corner ramping the curb and taking out a mailbox, he stopped and went to retrieve the mailbox and stood it on its legs and getting back in the car.

It took a normal 10 minute car drive over 30 minutes to get to its intended destination but by the time he reached it he was glad to finally stop the car and get out. The pain was killing him and he longed for the comfort that he knew Abby would bring him, she always knew what to say and how to touch him to make him feel like he was the only man in her life even if that was not true.

"Abby?" McGee said poking his head into her lab
"McGee" Abby said running at him
"Easy Abby I am still in pain" He said waving his hands in front of him stopping her from jumping on him
"Oh I forgot sorry" Abby said looking down at her feet like a school girl being told off
"Don't apologise I just couldn't deal with the pain right now" McGee said not wanting to upset Abby further "can we talk?" He said motioning to the back room
"Sure Timmy" Abby said and took him by the hand to the back room of the lab.

McGee sat down after pulling out a chair for Abby and waiting for her to sit down. They were sitting a distance apart when they started talking and McGee felt the tension in the room could be cut with a knife, he began speaking and watched as Abby's head moved from its position staring at the floor to his face. She had so much love in those eyes McGee thought to himself and he could see how he came to fall in love with her, she was the perfect woman for him but the timing was off, way off.

"Abby honey, it was never my intention to hurt you, you know that" McGee said watching her fidget in her seat a little
"I know" Abby said not wanting to say too much too soon
"The way I feel about Ziva is nothing like I have ever felt before" he said also starting to shift in his chair "What me and you had was everything to me but there was no way it could have worked, you didn't feel the same way I did and I could not fight my feelings anymore" he started to notice a small tear roll down her cheek and she made no intention to wipe it away, he rolled his chair closer and put his hand on her face causing the tear to run into his fingers.

She looked up at him as a spark ran from his hand to her face, they fitted just like a jigsaw puzzle. They were everything to each other but yet were both running in completely different directions, he wanted commitment and she wanted fun. Thy were like this for a few minutes and when McGee tried to speak Abby placed a finger on his mouth and leant forward. McGee knew what was happening but he could not feel his body his mind was blank and his eyes were unable to see anything other that the eyes of his true love sitting in front of him. Abby reached his lips and touched them with hers, McGee did not pull back as the kiss deepened and they kept kissing until McGee got his brain back and stopped.

"Abby we can't do this" McGee said in a fluster and walked towards the doors
"Just think of it as our goodbye kiss ok?" Abby said happy inside but also felt upset at what was happening
"Goodbye to us as a couple you mean, we still work together" McGee said stopping and turning towards her
"Ill see you tomorrow very special agent McGee" Abby said forcing a small smile
"See you tomorrow very special Abigail Scuito" McGee said mirroring the smile and heading towards the elevator

Ziva sat back on her chair at her desk staring at the ceiling, she has missed McGee while he had been in the hospital recovering but would never had admitted that to anyone. She knew that Abby was still mad at her for revealing how she truly felt but she knew that if she met a guy tonight McGee would be the furthest person from her mind.

"Ziva are you ok?" McGee asked looking at her his hand covering his chest where it was still hurting
"McGee, your ok then?" Ziva said going to stand up but McGee cut her off by moving towards her
"You look so much sexier without the geek uniform on" McGee said inching towards her
"McGee are you ok, you seem a bit off tonight?" Ziva said feeling scared but a little aroused at the same time
"Tim, call me Tim" He said smiling for what seemed to be the first time in days
"Ok Tim it is" and she returned the smile
"I would like to take you out for dinner" McGee said and held out his hand to her
"No" Ziva said and turned to gather her things
"No? what did I say that would make you…" McGee was cut off my Ziva kissing him
"I will cook for you" She said taking his hand and leading him towards the elevator.

Abby stood in the doorway observing the two as they kissed and headed towards the elevator, she felt her heart skip a beat as she watched the doors close. She knew that she had missed her chance to be with him but could not help but feel she still had a chance should she want him badly. She wiped away the tear that escaped and rolled down her cheek as she turned and made her way to her lab.