- Text Size +
CHAPTER 6:

"Will someone answer me!" Abby shouted.
"Sorry Abs, but we haven't got much time," Tony said, touching her shoulder and running towards the elevator.
"Someone better tell me what is going on or I will kill someone," Abby said, staring at a couple of interns and scaring the life out of them.
"Abby, could you come with me?" Jenny asked, standing at the top of the stairs unfazed by her anger.
"You better tell me what is going on!" Abby said, pointing her finger at Jenny.
"Come to my office; it is more private there," Jenny said, walking towards her office.

"Please take a seat Abby," Jenny said, taking a seat behind her desk.
"I am so sorry but something happened to Ziva and McGee while they were undercover," Jenny said.
"Other than rubbing my nose in it?" Abby said, worry and anger apparent in her voice.
"I am not sure about that, but they are both in critical condition," Jenny said, waiting for Abby's face to react to the news.
"Did she get my McGee hurt?" Abby asked, leaning on the desk.
"Ziva is a trained Mossad agent and will defend herself if the situation requires it," Jenny said confidently.
"And because she kisses your butt," Abby said angrily.
"One more word, Miss Scuito, and you will not be here for more than the time it takes to get your stuff and leave!" Jenny said, facing up to her.
"No need, I quit!" Abby said, storming out of the room and running down the stairs to the elevator.

Getting in and realizing what just happened, she slid down the wall and sat on the floor, tears streaming down her face. The doors opened and she quickly walked out the main doors and to her car. She drove like a bat out of hell to the hospital and parked in the first place she could find. Funny enough, it was Gibbs' car that sat next to hers. They both had the same idea; take the disabled space.

She entered the hospital and asked for the ward where McGee was, and the nurse told her that it was on the 4th floor. She pressed the button for the elevator and after a few seconds decided to take the stairs; she did not have time to waste on another elevator. She awkwardly ran up one flight of stairs, only to realize they were harder than she thought, so she was definitely going to wait for the next elevator. Surprisingly enough, it came mere seconds after pressing the button.

She exited the elevator and asked the large woman at the desk where McGee was located. The woman pointed to the room just off the corridor, and told her he had just gotten out of surgery and may not awaken for a good few hours, but he was stable. She found the room and walked into it, spotting Ziva with a hospital gown, sounding like she had been crying.

"I am so sorry Tim. All this was to prove to Abby how much you mean to each other, and now it may be too late," Ziva said, kissing McGee on the lips. She turned to leave, and then spotted Abby.
"Abby," Ziva said, and saw the look on her face.