- Text Size +
Chapter 2


It was hard for Gibbs to follow Tony. The younger man was driving fast but he knew where he was going. Gibbs could only hope he would not arrive there too late. He could not let Tony make this kind of mistake; it would mean the end of his career in NCIS.

When he stopped his car, the front door of Sergeant Martell’s house was already open. Gibbs entered the quiet house and found Sergeant Martell unconscious on the floor. The man was still alive but he had been knocked out. Gibbs knew where Tony was. The older man walked upstairs and slowly opened the door of Alan’s bedroom. There was no light inside.

-Tony, are you here?
-I’m here, Boss.
-How is the boy?
-He…

Gibbs understood Tony was crying. He walked to the other side of the room and sat beside Tony. He placed his arm around Tony’s shoulders. Tony was holding Alan who was asleep in his arms.

-This man hit him…his own son. It was not the first time, Boss.
-I know, Tony. We won’t let him hurt Alan again.
-You know as well as me what’s going to happen if we call the police. They will call his mother…She left her son…
-You’re right, Tony. I called her mother and she said she had not seen her daughter for years. I think Martell lied to us and that she left her violent husband…
-Leaving her son alone with his father… It’s not fair, Boss.

Alan slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Tony and Gibbs. There was fear in his blue eyes. Tony smiled at the young boy.
-Where is my dad?
-He is downstairs. He won’t hurt you again. I won’t let him do that.
-Please, Tony. Don’t leave me here. I don’t want to stay with him.

Gibbs felt Tony tremble. The younger man was obviously trying to control his emotions. Tony was fighting against something that was threatening to overwhelm him. He had to take both of them away from here. They will take care of the official part later.

-Tony, we should leave this house and take this young man to a safer place.
-You’re right, Boss. What are we going to do with Sergeant Martell?
-I will call McGee. He will take care of him for one or two days. It will give us time to find a solution for Alan.

Tony placed his head on Gibbs’ shoulder. He knew he should not have done that but this man meant so much to him. Tony knew there was no point in hoping Gibbs could have feelings for him but tonight he needed to be close to the man who had stolen his heart years ago.

-I won’t leave you, Tony. You will never have to face this alone.
Tony had never talked about what happened in his childhood to Gibbs or anyone else. He had kept this part of his life secret…a heavy secret. He had tried to forget about it, to go on with his life. But there was always something reminding him that his father had hated him, that his mother had closed his eyes on what this man was doing to his own son.

Gibbs was caressing Tony’s hair. For the first time in years, Tony was feeling safe. He could have stayed there the entire night but they had to think of Alan and nothing else.
-You’d better call McGee, Boss. It’s not good for Alan to stay here.
-Carry him to my car while I call McGee.

Gibbs had left the room before Tony could answer. Nothing could stop Gibbs when he had decided to do something. Tony took Alan in his arms. The young boy had closed his eyes again and Tony was beginning to worry that he could have more than bruises.

They had not to wait for long to see Gibbs get out of the house. McGee had arrived a few minutes before. Gibbs had given him instructions and Tony knew McGee would do what Gibbs had said.

When the older man opened the door of his car, he found Tony still holding Alan.
-How is he?
-He is exhausted. I think he had not slept well for days.
-We will need to take him to the hospital; just to be sure he is ok…
-And to have proves against his father…I know…

Gibbs didn’t reply. He drove silently to his house. They could have gone to Tony’s apartment but Gibbs was not sure there would be a room for Alan there.
Gibbs knew he had to take care of this young boy but Tony was the one he was worrying for. The younger man had never looked so fragile. There was something in his past that was eating him inside.

When they arrived at Gibbs house, Tony got out of the car with Alan. Gibbs showed him the way to the guest room.
-You can let him sleep now, Tony. He is safe here.
-He will never feel safe again…This man destroyed a part of him.
-Like your father did to you…

Tony stood up and left the room. Gibbs followed him. The older man didn’t know if Tony would talk to him but he wanted him to know he could trust him.
Tony was standing at the door. Gibbs looked at him and without a word he put a hand on Tony’s cheek.
Tony closed his eyes and let a tear fall down his cheek. He didn’t open his eyes when Gibbs kissed him.
He didn’t resist when Gibbs took him to his bedroom.
He let the older man hold him; he let his boss comfort him.
He was feeling safe and maybe one day he will tell him about his fears.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the delay. It took me time to type this part.

I don't think I will be able to write more. It's been a great experience to share my stories with you. Thanks a lot for your nice reviews and advices. I hope this last part won't be too decieving.

Thank you and goodbye

Chris (aka Oliver31)