- Text Size +
“I’m warning you DiNozzo, one more word about last night and you’ll find me boot so far up your ass you won’t be able to walk for a month.” Gibbs threatened seriously as he got out of the elevator, Tony and Kate following close behind with smirks on their faces. “Harris, what have we got?”

“Not much, ran down some basic intel on the warehouse, it’s listed to a ‘Joe Barnett’, fake name though, no drivers license or social security number.” Xander read off the sheet of paper in front of him as he lazed in Gibbs chair.

“Good, now get the hell out of my seat!” Gibbs shouted as the trio approached their work stations. “Take the one opposite.” He nodded to the spare work station opposite his next to Tony’s where the computer and other items were missing from the work surface.

“Just waiting for my equipment to arrive,” Xander grinned as he stood up from the chair and sat on the desk he had been pointed to. “Cleared it out this morning.”

“What time did you get in?” Tony asked, dumping his jacket over his chair and unwrapping his usual bacon and sausage burrito.

“‘Bout six, got bored with waiting at home so I decided to get some practice in, gym and firing range doesn’t open ‘till nine though.” Xander explained, checking his watch. It was coming up to nine now, so he could probably get in an hour or so at the range while Gibbs and his team caught up on their usual work.

“I’ll come with,” Gibbs stated, standing up from his desk and checking his side arm before re-holstering it. “I’ve got some more questions for you.” He paused, looking at Kate and Tony who were sat at their desks enjoying their breakfast. “When you two are done eating...” He was interrupted when the phone rang. “Gibbs.” He barked into it, pausing and listening to the voice for a few minutes before putting it back down. “Kate, you’re with Harris, show him around the range and I want to know everything about the sorts of ‘things’ we’ll be dealing with along with reports of all his range scores.” He turned to look at Xander who was just grinning at him. “DiNozzo, you’re with me, we’ve got an impaled marine out on 57th park, get Ducky and meet me out front.”

“Guess the warehouse can hold off for a day then.” Xander muttered.

“If we’re not back, you two check it out, but be careful.” Gibbs said the last while looking at Kate especially. “If anything happens to her, you’ll be answering to me.”

“Sir,” Xander snapped off a sloppy salute with his trademark grin.

“DiNozzo, why are you still here?” Gibbs barked out, turning to where Tony was watching from his desk.

“Right boss,” Tony grinned before dashing off to the elevator to get the coroner.

“I mean it Harris,” Gibbs stated, getting right up in Xander’s face. “You stick to her like barnacles on a sub or I’ll be coming for you next.” He then turned and strode out of the area to the elevator.

“Intense guy,” Xander muttered as Kate finished off her sandwich quickly before jogging over.

“That he is,” Kate smiled at him, giving him the once over. He was dressed in his usual blue jeans, with a tight black t-shirt over the top showing off muscles she could drool over all day. A pair of expensive sunglasses hanging from the collar of his t-shirt, and the ID wallet they had been talking about last night was attacked to his belt next to his sidearm. “Firing range?”

“Just getting some practice in,” Xander grinned at her. “So what did he mean, wanting to know about what we might come up against?” he asked as they started walking round the floor way to the elevator.

“He’s still shaken about the paranormal being, well, normal I guess.” Kate struggled with the sentence forming in her mind. “I guess we all are, well aside from Abby of course,” She paused as they got into the elevator. “He just hides it well, but I’m guessing he has as many questions as the rest of us.”

“One, don’t know about God, never met him, never seen him or the other guy,” Xander started rolling off the answers to the questions he knew he was going to get quickly while they were in the privacy of the elevator.

“Other guy?” Kate asked, quickly jotting these answers down for Gibbs.

“The devil,” He smiled at he shocked look. “Don’t bother writing these down, I have a full list of all the demons in the DC area being sent over today, packages should arrive around noon.”

“Are there that many?” Kata asked, now voicing her own questions as well as the ones she knew Gibbs would want her to ask.

“More species of demons than there are types of cat,” Xander grinned, “According to Willow anyway.” The elevator found the ground floor and they exited, moving round the building before taking the side entrance that would take them to the firing range. “The database covers all the main ones, their feeding habits, locations of main tribes along with instructions on how to deal with them.”

“Useful,” Kate nodded, especially as Xander said, most demons would just shrug off bullets like they were mosquitoes.

“Very,” Xander smiled at her. “I’ll burn Gibbs off a copy so he knows what he’s dealing with.”

“Range is just through here,” Kate nodded to the cordoned off area where they could already here gunfire.

“I know,” Xander grinned at her before leading the way forwards. “I was there this morning remember.”

“Of course,” Kate smiled back, hanging back to admire the view the tight blue jeans offered. He may be a few years younger than her, but that doesn’t stop anyone from admiring the view, just meant she wouldn’t be buying the condo.

The two walked on in silence for a few minutes, Xander stopped every so often to watch the marines being run through hand to hand combat training. “How busy is the Naval Yard normally?” Xander asked, glancing round the area that was full of officers and marines going about their normal duties.

“Washington Naval Yard is the main offices for all of Washington, it’s not just the NCIS here, there’s the Marine Corps institute as well as the GC’s, sorry, Generals Corps. Keep forgetting you’re not military,” She smiled at him, noticing that he hadn’t taken his eyes of the marine drill instructor who was currently yelling at the marines doing push up’s in front of him.

“Lots of officers then,” Xander nodded along, motioning for her to continue.

“There’s the Chief of Naval Operations on the north site,” She pointed far over to a set of buildings in the distance. “Along with the Department of Naval History.”

“Busy place then,” Xander smiled, walking round the fence to get a better look at the marine office he hadn’t taken his eyes off.

“Wait,” Kate started, but didn’t manage to get far as Xander was already on the other side of the fence walking towards the Master Chief who was putting the new recruits through their paces. “You can’t,” She started to say weakly before remembering how much clearance he had in that ID wallet of his then running over to catch up with him.

“What are you two doing here!” The Master Chief bellowed at them, causing both Xander and Kate to wince at the volume of the shout.

“Master Chief,” Kate stood between the two trying to settle in as a mediator to what looked like two alpha males squaring off for territory.

“Well I’ll be...” Xander grinned, glaring at the Master Chief. “Patrick Stanze.”

“Master Chief, this is Special Agent Harris from SWIC.” Kate introduced the two, puzzled at Xander’s reaction to the Master Chief.

“You hunting boy?” The Master Chief asked quietly.

“No sir,” Xander snapped back with a salute. “Just a quiet word if I may sir.”

“Make it quick.” The Master Chief shouted before turning to the troops. “Fifty more, you have twenty minutes.” Then he walked off to the back of the field away from the troops, Xander followed but stopped when Kate followed him.

“Five minutes,” He smiled at her before walking off after the Master Chief.

“Why are you here?” The Master Chief asked quietly, but his tone dared Xander to lie or avoid the question.

“Investigating the death of Agent McGee, I thought you were on manoeuvres.” Xander smiled and tried to appear as friendly as he could.

“Cancelled, you working government side?” The Master Chief asked, relaxing his guard a bit now that they had both settled that they weren’t here to fight.

“Yup,” Xander grinned. “Spook Squad as the new recruits call it,” He grinned, remembering how most marines took the news of the paranormal, most of them just repressed it until they couldn’t take it anymore. The good ones actually asked about it and found ways to cope with the change in their world view. “Ruprecht said I might run into you here.”

“You know him?” The Master Chief asked, a smile beginning to show on his features.

“My teacher,” Xander grinned. “You still going by Stanze?”

“Master Chief Patrick Stanze.” Stanze snapped out with a salute. “She a Watcher?” He asked, nodding at Kate.

“No, yours is on a case at the moment.” Xander smiled, shaking his head slowly. “You mind?” He asked, nodding to her, smiling when Stanze smiled at him, nodding slowly. How the Watchers ever thought they could keep someone secret from people like Stanze was beyond him, but at least he didn’t know who’s his was, for now anyway. “I’m sorry to hear about Quince,” Xander lowered his head. “Can’t explain how he fell like that.”

“He was a good kid,” Stanze nodded, remembering how he had first met Quince all those years ago before taking him in as a student. “Back in eighteen twelve it was, haven’t seen him since he tried to take my head about fifty years ago.”

“Some just turn bad,” Xander said, lowering his head as a sign of respect for the man’s fallen student.

“I heard he died, I don’t know who by. Do you?” Stanze asked, staring directly into Xander’s eye.

“Duncan Macleod,” Xander said simply. “Nine years ago. He went after Connor, found Duncan instead.”

“Thank you.” Stanze smiled, holding out his hand in a peace offering. “He died honourably, even though he didn’t live that way.”

“He did at that,” Xander smiled, shaking the offered hand.

“How is the old man anyway,” Stanze smiled, taking a quick glance at the recruits to make sure they weren’t slacking off while he was talking. “I haven’t seen Ruprecht in over seven hundred years.” He smiled, obviously remembering the time with his teacher.

“Good, going by Rupert now though,” Xander smiled, putting his sunglasses back on as the sun got in his eyes. “We’ll have to get together for a drink sometime.” He smiled, noticing Kate was glaring at him for being left out of the conversation.

“You hunting someone then?” Stanze asked, looking at Kate carefully. “Does she know?”

“Jack, and no.” Xander smiled softly.

“Be careful son,” Stanze nodded at the reply. “Hate to tell Rupert,” He paused, testing the name on his tongue for his old teacher. “That Jack got you as well.”

“He won’t, I’m in NCIS, second floor, lab B.” Xander smiled, nodding at Stanze before making his way back over to Kate. “We’ll have that drink sometime and talk about the other friends we have in common.” He called back, causing the Master Chief to let out a bark of laughter as he walked back over to the Marine recruits.

“What was all that about?” Kate asked, irritation showing in her voice as Xander jogged back over to her.

“History,” Xander grinned at her as the two walked out of the training area and headed over to the firing range.

“History,” Kate mulled over. “Wait, is he a...” She trailed off.

“Yup,” Xander grinned at her. “We had the same teacher.”

“How old?” Kate asked, now more intrigued by Immortals than demons.

“Bit shy of twelve hundred,” Xander grinned as he saw her eyes shoot wide open. “Fought in World Wars one and two, and the American Civil War.”

“And he’s still doing it?” Kate breathed out, imagining what the Master Chief had seen, all he had done in his time on earth, all he could still do.

“He likes it,” Xander smiled. “Keeps him busy and lets him do what he loves, what else is there to do with eternity?”

Kate just stopped, thinking about it. Xander was right, for people with eternity offered out to them, what were they going to do with their time. The Master Chief could be happy training Marines, Xander was tracking down criminals, they were both working for their country when they had literally eternity to do whatever they wanted, the concept was pretty mind blowing for her.

“What would you do?” Xander called back from where he had stopped at the firing range and was checking his side arm. “If you had eternity, what would you do?”

“If I was immortal?” Kate asked, jogging over to him and settling into the next booth before checking her side arm for ammo and clicking the safety off. “I don’t know.” She answered honestly.

“Good answer,” Xander smiled, sending the target down the range as far as he could, smiling more when Kate did the same. “Best score buys lunch?” He shouted over the divider.

“You’re on,” Kate shouted back before levelling her weapon down the range. She heard the report of Xander’s firing and paused, squinting down the range to see his first shot had marked the target directly in the forehead. Cursing her bad luck she opened fire, wondering what he’d ask for for lunch, then smiling at the idea of spending a full lunch with him to ask more questions. Somehow, she thought it’d be worth it.

=/^=


“What do you think of him?” Gibbs asked as they drove past the barrier the police had erected around the crime scene to keep the press out. “Harris.” He continued when he didn’t get an answer.

“Seems solid,” Tony replied, thinking how to phrase his replies so that Gibbs would understand what he was trying to say. “Seen a lot, done even more, his clearance levels say that he’s got some major powers backing him, and that sort of trust isn’t handed out to anyone.”

“That’s true.” Gibbs nodded as he pulled the van to a stop. “What do you think of all the things out there, vampires, demons and immortals?” He smirked when Tony shuddered when he said Vampires.

“Still absorbing,” Tony answered honestly. “Not much we can do about it though, that’s his area, we just deal with the Navy.”

“Stay out of his life after this and hope his life stays out of ours?” Gibbs asked, mulling it over in his head it sounded like a good thing to hope for.

“No offence, but I don’t find the idea of chasing after someone I can’t kill the idea of a fun afternoon,” Tony explained, grabbing his kit and jumping out of the van. “If Xander wants to deal with them, I say let one immortal deal with another, he must have a plan to do something with him after he’s caught him, maybe there’s an immortal prison somewhere or something.”

Gibbs just nodded, grabbing his coffee from the stand on the dashboard where he placed it while they were driving. Taking a sip he glanced around the area, it was cordoned off well, with marines standing back while the officers checked around for something. “What have we got?” Gibbs called out to the officer who was walking across the field towards them.

“Three kids found the marine this morning, impaled on a spike of wood about fifteen feet from here,” The officer nodded at the medical crew who were being led by Ducky towards the body. “No weapon found near the body sir.”

“Thanks,” Gibbs nodded to the officer who moved off quickly and started moving the marines away from the area. “Let’s keep the in house talk to a minimum out here, unless we run across one of Harris’ ‘things’.” He explained to Tony, who nodded in reply. “What have we got Ducky?” He shouted across as he made his way over to the body.

“Some blood and tissue on the instrument,” Ducky paused, taking some scrapings off the wooden spike the marine was impaled upon. “Though not nearly enough for this to be the impaling instrument of his demise.”

“He was impaled on something then thrown onto that?” Tony asked, grabbing his camera out of his bag to start documenting the crime scene.

“What’s the damage like?” Gibbs asked, crouching down to take a closer look at the gaping wound in the marine’s chest. “And if you say demon,” He whispered. “I WILL scream.”

“Well it’s approximately eight inches in diameter with metallic fragments in the wound.” Ducky paused, turning to Gibbs. “Organ and tissue damage consistent with a high velocity object.”

“Not a demon then.” Tony grinned at Gibbs who actually looked thankful for a break from the ‘other world’ for a bit.

“Oh goodness no,” Ducky smiled at the duo. “I’ve only seen this once before, a village in Somalia, one of the local boys made the mistake of impregnating the chief’s daughter.”

“And they did that,” Tony paused, taking a close up picture of the wound in the marines chest where the wooden stake was driven though. “To him?”

“Good old fashioned technology,” Ducky explained, standing up from the body. “Shoulder fired anti-tank missile from twenty paces.” He smiled as Gibbs muttered something before walking off in the opposite direction from the body. “So, how are you getting on with our dear Mister Harris?”

“He took Abby to Siguranţă Fui last night, finding out who was new in town.” Tony explained how things had gone last night.

“Ah yeah, Abby couldn’t stop talking about the club all this morning,” Ducky smiled. “I believe our Mister Harris has made quite an impression on her.”

“Just as long as he keeps her away from vampires, I’m ok with it.” Tony grinned.

“Oh, I assure you he will, after the collapse of Sunnydale, his home town.” Ducky explained. “Mister Harris was involved in a long term relationship with a Vampire Slayer, lasted approximately three years I believe, yes, three years with Faith as Rupert told me. The betting pool was they wouldn’t last a week, I believe his good friend Willow cleaned up there quite nicely.”

“Vampire Slayer?” Tony asked, but was interrupted from getting an answer when Gibbs yelled over for him. Jogging over to where Gibbs had called from he saw him stood in front of a blackened tree stump, where the charred area seemed to stop at about seven feet up and had a whitened area running through the middle of the black burnt area.

“They fired from here,” Gibbs stated, turning round to face where ducky was continuing with the body. “Warhead damage should be somewhere on this line.” Gibbs pointed out directly in front of him.

“On it boss.” Tony replied, moving off in the direction Gibbs was pointing.

“Hold on,” Gibbs shouted, crouching down to look at something on the floor. “Evidence bag,” He shouted, smiling when Tony quickly got a clean evidence bag out of his pocket with a pen to mark the contents.

“What is it?” Tony asked, crouching down opposite him to see what he had found.

“Igniter cap,” Gibbs explained, picking the small metal cone up. “When the missile is fired, this is ejected out the back.” Placing the cone in the evidence bag he jotted down the location while Tony took pictures of the area and marked it with an evidence marker.

“You check for the blast zone, I’ll get scrapings off the tree for Abby.” Gibbs ordered, setting off back to the tree with a clean evidence back and his flick knife. “Ducky, how are you coming with the time of death?” He called while he was scraping some of the bark off the tree into the bag.

“A bit tricky Jethro,” Ducky paused, looking at the body carefully. “The massive blood loss alone makes finding a PMI difficult, though not as difficult as finding causes of death when the corpse is still moving and talking that is...”

“Ducky...” Gibbs tried to interrupt.

“I have this one friend, Doctor House, works over at Plainsboro teaching hospital. He actually diagnosed a vampire once; he was hit by a truck apparently, was brought in unconscious and woke up in the medical wing of the hospital. Yes, his name was Angel I believe, I wonder if it’s the same Angel that Mister Harris knows, I never did get the full story behind that from Greg, I can’t imagine it being a very popular name though, even for a vampire over two hundred years, I must remember...”

“Ducky, time of death please.” Gibbs interrupted him successfully this time, even though he was actually interested in this story of Ducky’s, he’d have to wait until after the current investigation to find out more.

“Yes, sorry,” Ducky smiled, bending down and examining the Marines eyes. “Yes, this cloudy residue covering the eyes in caused by the breakdown of potassium after death, I should be able to get an accurate reading when I get it back to the lab.” Ducky smiled, standing up and stretching his back from the strain of bending over so close to the body. “Best I can say at this stage,” He paused, waiting for Gibbs to stand up and face him. “The last twenty four hours, no more.”

“Found something boss!” Tony shouted out from about twenty meters away where he was stood in an area hidden from view by large bushes.

Gibbs smiled, striding over to where Tony was stood over a small blackened crater in the ground.

“Looks like a AGIA missile, I’ve got scrapings for Abby to confirm.” Tony stated, standing up and pocketing a few evidence bags before taking a few photos of the crater.

“I’d say so,” Gibbs agreed, nodding at the crater. “Good job.”

“Thanks boss,” Tony grinned. “Just got a picture from Kate on the phone, looks like Xander’s range scores.”

“Let’s see it.” Gibbs stated, holding out his hand for Tony’s phone.

“He’s good,” Tony stated, flipping out the phone and scrolling through for the message in question. “Very good.” He smiled, passing the phone over to Gibbs who let out a low whistle as he looked at the picture.

“When we get back I was a full history on Harris, medical, the works.” Gibbs ordered before moving off. “Those sorts of skills don’t come cheap or easy, I want to know where he got them from.”

“Eye eye boss,” Tony smiled, taking one last look at the picture on his phone before snapping it shut. “You can be the one to tell him why we’re investigating him though,” He grinned, thinking what else Xander was going to surprise them with. From those results, he was not a man to piss off, especially not when he had a gun in his hand.

=/^=


“Where did you learn to shoot like that?” Kate asked, looking at the photo on her phone of the sheet of paper that she had pinned up by Gibbs desk for the moment. It was the usual silhouette from the target range, but it had three holes in the head, one in each shoulder, and one in each arm where the elbows would be. The knees and ankles had similar treatment with four in the groin area, all in the diameter of a pill bottle lid.

“High school,” Xander grinned at her. “Don’t ask.”

“Right,” she shook her head as they walked over to the cafeteria till, both of their trays laden with food and snacks. “Are you sure you don’t want to leave the base for lunch, we can head into the city for a bit if you want.”

“Nope,” Xander grinned, looking around at all the marines who were moving about the area. He’d long since un-tucked his shirt so it covered up the ID badge, after the fourth marine saluted him he got sick of it and decided covering it up was easier than taking it off, that way if he did need to show it to anyone he could just lift his shirt up. “This is perfect.” He felt at home here, the Soldier possession was over fourteen years ago now, but he could still feel it in his head, always had. Being on a Naval base had just made the possession feel that much stronger, he knew the soldier that had possessed him was a Marine, but being here, the sights, the smells, the sounds of boot camp. Everything came rushing back, the memories he had of being at war in Vietnam, of the training he went through before sniper school, his first kill, everything was so clear now, they were like his own memories. He still couldn’t remember the name of the Marine who possessed him, he probably would never find out, but he’d love to shake that man’s hand some day, it was that’s to him that he had actually buckled down and graduated high school, that possession had done so much for him, it was the proverbial kick in the rear that all good recruits needed.

“Thinking about signing up one day?” Kate asked as they paid for the lunch and moved over to an empty table.

“Maybe,” Xander grinned. “I’ve got time.”

“That you do,” Kate grinned back, she couldn’t help it, his grin was infectious. She was still amazed that he was such a good shot with just a side arm, she’d mentally upgraded him to sniper when she saw how easily he handled the sniper rifle on the range, noting that down as another aspect of the mystery known as Agent Harris for Gibbs, then upgraded him to Master Sniper after he’d taken a few shots with the rifle that even impressed the range instructor. With one eye the man was more deadly than most of the expert snipers on the base, with two he must have been almost a one man army. “What about other things, you know, what else do you want to do with eternity, what do you want to see?”

“Don’t know,” Xander smiled, tucking into his tuna sandwich. “Take it a day at a time, catch Jack then head back to SWCI, and go through life like any normal person.”

“Don’t you have any plans? Scuba diving with sharks, or see the pyramids or something?” Kate asked, amazed that he hadn’t already thought of things to do with eternity.

“Why?” Xander asked, putting his sandwich down and looking at her directly in the eyes, his one eyed stare unnerving her slightly.

“I don’t know,” She answered, trying to build a profile up in her head of the man sat opposite her. “It just seems, so incredible; you have this gift to be able to see so much, do so much, where do you start?”

“One day at a time,” Xander grinned, happy with her answer. “One day at a time.”

=/^=


“Where are Kate and Harris?” Gibbs asked the technician who was working on his computer as he walked into the area; Tony was following him and had thrown his jacket over his chair already.

“Don’t know sir,” The technician replied, looking up from the monitor for a moment. “Haven’t seen them today, I’ll have the new software installed in just a moment for you.”

“Those for Agent Harris?” Gibbs asked, nodding to the large pile of boxes on the desk opposite his before walking over them and picking up a soft toy that was perched on the top of them.

“Yes sir, arrived about an hour ago, I signed for them myself.” The technician smiled before tapping a few more keys on the keyboard then standing up. “All done sir.”

“And this is?” Gibbs asked, holding up the soft toy, on closer inspection it looked like a soft plushie of Agent Harris, complete with eye patch but dressed in a federal suit instead of his usual jeans and t-shirt.

“Came with the delivery sir, instructions were to place it on top so Special Agent Harris would know who they are from.” The Technician smiled before moving off away from the area.

“You seen this?” Gibbs asked, throwing the plushie over to Tony who snatched it deftly from the air.

“Good work, Kate collects these; don’t think she’s got any personal ones though.” Tony grinned before moving over and placing it on the top of Kate’s monitor, checking the label first. “AngelKitty workshop in LA,” Tony instantly started forming a plan, thinking of a way to get a good photo of Kate so he could have a personal plushie of her made to surprise her with, he could have a few made, have them placed around the office for her to find, the thought of the prank made him grin while he jotted down the website off the label while watching as Gibbs fished out his phone and pressed the speed dial button for Kate.

“Where are you two?” Gibbs barked down the phone. He paused, listening to Kate for a moment. “We’re back at HQ; tell Harris his box’s are here.” Without waiting for a reply he clicked the phone shut, ending the phone call before slipping it back into his pocket. “On their way back,” Gibbs smiled, looking at the range sheet that was blue tacked to the plasma screen in the middle of their work area. “He’s good,” Gibbs nodded, smiling when Tony went a little pale when he saw where the bullets had found all of their intended targets. He’d already seen it on the phone, but seeing the large target made it that much more real.

Walking over to the papers by the side he started reading through the range test scores, smirking when he came across the sniper rifle marks. The range sergeant had even marked down that he’d offer him a job here if his current one ever fell though. “Tony, check this out.” He smirked, throwing over the papers where Tony caught them and started reading through.

“Scratch that,” Tony muttered. “He’s really good.”

“As I said,” Gibbs smiled. “Skills like those don’t come cheap or easy, I want to know everything about Agent Harris, you stay here while we check out the warehouse this afternoon.”

“You got it boss.” Tony smiled; research was something he was strangely good at, especially when it came to digging up things on people who didn’t want their past to be found. “You ready?” He called, watching Harris and Kate make their way from the elevator over to them.

“Warehouse time,” Xander smiled, lunch had been nice and he’d found a lot more out about Kate, he knew she’d been pumping him for information as well, but didn’t really mind. Hopefully everything would go according to plan and he’d be out of here soon, that was she’d be back to dealing with her normal duties away from the supernatural, that was a lot safer than dealing with the things he was normally dealing with, which would greatly improve her chances of living to a ripe old age. Something that had been denied himself by that vampire, it didn’t matter that he had gone back the next night with an improvised flame thrower, six Slayers and Willow for backup to destroy the vampire that had killed him along with her entire kiss, it was the principal of the thing that mattered, something he was always sure of, everyone should be given a choice, especially on things like that. He wasn’t, and it burned him every day that that choice had been taken away from him, it was the reason he’d broken up with Faith, the fact that she could die young, but he would live forever, The Game permitting of course. Everyone should be given a choice, which was something that he and Giles agreed on at least, that if not much else.

“We’ll take your car,” Gibbs nodded to Xander as he strode up to them. “Warehouse is on...”

“I know where it is,” Xander interrupted, pulling a one eighty as Gibbs approached them.

“Good, let’s go then.” Gibbs didn’t even stop for them, he just marched on past as Xander span round forcing Kate to do the same to keep up with them.