- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When Abby has a nightmare about someone she cares about who comes to comfort her?
"DiNozzo! Where's McGee?" I hollered at him. He was reading one of his magazines, practically drooling over a picture of a girl in a green knit two-piece. As I sat down at my desk and sipped my coffee he was already looming over my desk. I glared at my senior field agent, waiting for a response. He looked particularly fidgety. He better have a good answer.

"Boss" he started. "McGee was worried 'bout Abs. She hadn't come up with an evidence report this morning. We tried to tell him that she could still be working on it. He just left for her lab a few minutes ago." Taking another sip of my coffee, I sighed. That boy had it bad. It was so obvious even Tony could realize it. I chuckled inwardly as I looked at DiNozzo's face. His eyes were shut tight and his face was scrunched up. Clearly expecting to be head slapped. Ignoring him, I slipped my attention to Ziva.

"David, what do you got on our missing petty officer?" She picked up her notepad to read.
"He has a sister, Michelle Dett, who lives in Norfolk with their father; Michael Dett. He was honorably discharged Marine who got wounded in Combat in Vietnam. Mother, Diane Dett, died two years ago. Michael Junior's fiance, Madeline Swan, is a nurse at the hospital on base. She reported him missing yesterday after coming home to seeing his car in the driveway with blood on her open front door and porch."

"Nice work Ziva." a hint of a smile came across her face but was replaced with a blank poker face. I got up and head slapped DiNozzo. "What was that for?" he complained. "For reading magazines on the job."