- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When Abby has a dream about someone she really cares about who is there to comfort her?
I was in my lab. Everything was in it's place. I looked over to the metal evidence table. There was a box on it. Great evidence! On the label it did not say the kidnapped vic's name. Instead... I saw HIS name on it. In Palmer's scribble of handwriting he wrote "McGee, Timothy". I stepped back and gasped. What the hell was going on?

"Abby" his sweet murmured.

"McGee?" I looked behind me to see only my table of computers blinking lists of possible suspects.

"Abs" his voice came again. I walked closer to the screen as one monitor beeped. It exhibited a certain type of knife. Someone hurt Tim. HER Timmy!

"Abby please." his voice began to falter. I bowed my head. There in my hand was the exact same knife as the one on the monitor screen. The only difference was that there's blood on it. Timmy's blood. Oh my God! I checked the handle for prints. It took only a few seconds to find the identity. A picture of...ME popped up. What! This couldn't be true.

"Abby look at me!" pain was visible in his voice. Why would I hurt Tim? NO! I wouldn't. Suddenly I was in the autopsy room. On one of the metal beds was a clean white sheet over a body. Curious, I crept to the corpse's side and took off the sheet half way. In front of my eyes revealed a sleeping-looking McGee. The only difference was that he was abnormally pale. This is freaking me out! Gathering up my courage, I searched down to his chest where evidently there was a big stab wound. It looked like it could pool a river of blood. I whimpered and put out my hand to touch him. The stab was centered right where his heart should be beating.

"Abs snap out of it! Please look at me baby!" he out. I diverged my eyes to look back at his face. I saw tears streaming down his colorless face.

"Tim! McGee! NO! Timmy" I screamed. My face felt wet. I don't remember crying. Unexpectedly a smooth, warm tingly feeling swept the teardrops away.

"Baby open your eyes. I'm here Abby. Wake up." his breath tickled my ears. Wait. How could he be talking if he's dead? This can't be real! I fluttered my eyes open to see McGee. He closed his eyes while letting out a quivering sigh. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was just a dream! Thank God! Without warning I wrapped my arms around his neck. I began to cry again.

"Shh it's okay. It was just a nightmare. Every thing's okay Abby. I'm here." he reassured me. Oh McGee!