- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The team is still reeling over their fallen comrade, but Gibbs has a plan. It would seem that Gibbs has had some help from an unlikely source--"Caitlin Todd". But who is the shooter's next target?
------------"All or Nothing, Pt. 3"------------
Story by R. O. Knight
based on the hit television series "NCIS"
Created by Donald P. Bellisario

The next day Gibbs, Ziva, and McGee were back on top of their current case.

In the squad room McGee was hard at work at his computer looking up the information that Gibbs had asked for. Ziva was at her desk, on the phone, trying to get a search warrant from the legal department.

The elevator pinged and Gibbs stepped off, coffee cup in hand, and headed for the bullpen.

Ziva hung up the phone as Gibbs walked past her desk and took a sip of his coffee.

"How's our search warrant comin'?" Gibbs asked as he sat down at his desk, and placed his coffee cup down in front of him.

"Waiting on us to pick it up." Ziva replied, as she hung up the phone.

"McGee, got me that address yet?" Gibbs asked McGee.

"Right here Boss." McGee replied, as he waved a slip of paper in the air.

"Alright, let's gear up." Gibbs said as he stood, retrieved his badge and his Sig from his desk drawer.

The others followed suit.

Gibbs walked over to McGee and took the slip of paper from him.

"McGee you get the search warrant and meet us there." Gibbs instructed as he turned and headed towards the elevator.

"Right Boss." McGee answered.

Ziva grabbed up the last of her stuff, and followed after Gibbs.

The elevator doors closed behind Gibbs and Ziva.

---------------------------------------

In the elevator Ziva turned to Gibbs with a serious expression spread across her face.

"If we catch him...I want to be the one to kill him." Ziva demanded quietly.

Gibbs just grinned as he reached over and hit the elevator's "Stop" switch bringing the elevator to a sudden halt.

"Ziva, we need to talk." Gibbs said quietly.

---------------------------------------

Somewhere out in a sub-division in Washington D.C. the team--Gibbs, Ziva, & McGee stood outside the last known address/living quarters of Raymond Botticelli. They were getting ready to execute their search warrant--even though they didn't see any vehicles or any other signs that anyone was home--Gibbs' gut told him that Raymond might still be watching the area, somehow from somewhere. So the team planned to take a considerable amount of safety measures.

"So what is it, exactly, that we're lookin' for, Boss?" McGee asked as he finished strapping on his Kevlar vest.

"Don't know." Gibbs replied staring at the house as he took a sip of coffee from his coffee cup. "Maybe he's in there."

"Be on your guard...and look sharp." Gibbs instructed as he readied his Sig.

"Ready." Ziva said.

McGee inhaled a deep breath. "Ready". he said letting out the breath.

Together the trio moved on the house checking the outside areas around the house before they actually entered the house.

---------------------------------------

They moved through each room clearing each one as they went.

"Clear!" Gibbs called from the back of the house.

"All clear here!" McGee called from the dining room.

"Clear!" Ziva called from the kitchen/living room.

The team met back up in the front of the house (also called the living room).

"He's not here." McGee said as he holstered his weapon.

"This place is...Clean." Ziva said looking around. "But there is dust on the furniture. I do not think that anyone has been here for quite some time." Ziva informed Gibbs.

"No...he's been here. Recently." Gibbs said as he took a moment to look around.

Riiinnggggg! Gibbs reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone, and then he answered it.

"Nice place isn't it...Agent Gibbs?" the voice said.

"Sure is." Gibbs replied sarcastically.

"Well I hope you're almost done in there." the voice said.

"Yeah, and why's that?" Gibbs asked, looking at McGee and Ziva.

"Your time's running out, Agent Gibbs...I hope the rest of your team is nearby." the voice said with a chuckle just before he hung up on Gibbs.

Gibbs closed his phone.

"Who was it Boss?" McGee asked.

Gibbs seemed lost in his thoughts for a brief moment.

"Damn!" Gibbs said.

"That does not sound good." Ziva remarked to McGee.

"That's because it's not." McGee said.

"He planted a bomb somewhere in this house." Gibbs said. "Everyone Out!"

Gibbs looked at Ziva quickly.

The three of them headed out the front door, and made for their cars.

---------------------------------------

Ziva stopped short, looking down and checking her belt as if she were missing something.

"My knife...I must have dropped it inside." She said. "I have to go back."

Ziva turned and headed back into the house as Gibbs and McGee were fixin' to take cover behind the vehicles.

"Ziva wait!" Gibbs shouted.

But Ziva was already inside the house.

"McGee you stay here, I'm goin' after Ziva." Gibbs said as he ran around the car towards the house. He didn't get to far before the house exploded in front of him.

The force of the blast knocked Gibbs backwards onto his back. He quickly sat up and stared at the house now engulfed in flames from top to bottom almost.

Over by the vehicles McGee stared at the scene in horror. "Ziva." he whispered in shock.

"Ziva!" Gibbs yelled.

............To Be Continued in "All or Nothing, Pt. 4"............
Chapter End Notes:
This is Chapter 12 "All or Nothing, Pt. 3". It is a continuation of/from Pts. 1 & 2. I hope that you guys have enjoyed my series so far, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy my series as I continue to update it somewhat regularly. Enjoy and God Bless!!!

P.S. I re-wrote Chapter 11, so for those of you who have already read it once--I would go back and re-read IT first. That way everything from that point on will make sense, and hopefully you guys won't get lost. Enjoy and God Bless!!!