- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The stunning and emotional conclusion to the "All or Nothing" story arc. The team, along with Gibbs and Abby, welcome(s) the newest member of their family into the world.
............"All or Nothing, Pt. 5: Little Blue Eyes"............

Gibbs made his way down the hallway of Bethesda Naval Hospital on his way to see Abby.

It was really late, but Gibbs wanted to let her know that he had taken care of everything, and that they were safe again.

Originally he had called to tell her, but Jenny had said that he needed to get down there right away. That Abby needed to see him. And she had sounded urgent when she said it.

So he came rushing down to Bethesda as fast as he could. Ziva and McGee had tagged along as well.

"Jen." Gibbs said as he saw his Director standing outside the door of Abby's room.

"Gibbs, are you sure you're ready for this?" Jen said as she stopped him from going into the room.

"Jen, what is it?" Gibbs asked. By now he was starting to panic.

Jenny stared at him for a second or two, before a grin came across her lips.

"Maybe you should see for yourself." Jen said with a grin as she urged Gibbs, gently, into the room.

Gibbs looked at Jen for a moment, and then turned and headed into the room.

"Abs." Gibbs whispered as he entered the room.

And that's when his eyes fell upon her. He was frozen--no glued to the spot where he stood.

Abby was sitting up in the hospital bed, her hair was down, and she was holding a small bundle in her arms.

"Jethro." Abby said softly as she looked up from the small bundle.

There were small tears in her eyes, and a big, warm smile on her face.

"She has your eyes." Abby said softly.

Gibbs was stunned. The fact that the small bundle was wrapped in a tiny, pink blanket hadn't quite registered in his mind at first.

"She?" Gibbs choked out.

Gibbs tried to move closer to the bed--to Abby's side, but he couldn't move at first.

"Do you wanna hold her?" Abby asked.

"I-I-" Gibbs tried, but he couldn't find the words so he just grinned instead.

He moved to Abby's side and bent down, and accepted the small bundle--being sure that he had her securely in his arms before he stood erect again.

Gibbs rocked his newborn baby gently as he held her in his arms. "She's so small." Gibbs thought to himself. And Abby was right...she did have his eyes.

As Gibbs looked into those big blue eyes that were staring silently back into his he felt emotions that he hadn't felt in a long time. He could feel the tears welling up in his own eyes.

"Hey there," Gibbs whispered softly to the newborn that he held in his arms. "I'm your daddy." he whispered softly, as he smiled at the baby girl.

"When I first saw you
starin' back at me,
I didn't know what to say;
the first time you cried
you brought a tear to my eye,
and I promised you all my days."

"She's beautiful..." Gibbs whispered softly.

"Little blue eyes
your blowin' my mind,
with all the things you do to me;
and I don't know why
but deep down inside,
I wanna give you everything--in me.
Little blue eyes."

Behind him Abby was smiling the biggest smile she had ever smiled in her life.

Gibbs turned back to Abby with tears in his eyes looking very tired, but also very very happy.

"...Just like her mother." Gibbs added as he smiled at Abby.

Gibbs moved back over to Abby's side and bent down to kiss her.

Gibbs then looked at his newborn baby girl and whispered to her, with her mother, Abby, as his witness.

"Chloe Caitlin Gibbs...from this moment on I give you my life, my heart, my soul, and my all." Gibbs whispered softly to the newborn. "As long as there is breath in me, I promise to keep you safe...as long as you're with me...you are safe." Gibbs whispered softly, as he held the newborn close to his chest.

The newborn baby girl that Gibbs held close to him suddenly did something quite unexpected.

Her tiny hand, which had been freed when Gibbs had pulled the little, pink blanket open a little bit so that he could see her better, settled against her father's shirt/chest; and then the tiny hand made a tiny fist that clung tightly--or as tightly as the newborn baby girl could muster--to her father's shirt.

"Aawww," Abby cooed softly at the sight. "I think she believes you, Jethro." Abby whispered softly to her lover.

Gibbs and Abby kissed each other once again. Both of them teary-eyed in what seemed, to them, like one of--if not THE--happiest moments of their lives (especially together).

---------------------------------------

Ziva and McGee were finally allowed into the room by Director Jenny Shepherd who was still standing guard at the door.

Ziva and McGee looked at the little baby girl in Gibbs' arms with awe and wonder.

Gibbs held his little baby daughter up, carefully and gently, for them to see.

"See there sweetheart," Gibbs whispered softly to the newborn in his arms.

"There's Uncle Tim and Aunt Ziva." Gibbs whispered to his newborn daughter, and self-appointing McGee and Ziva as the newborn baby's adopted family members.

Ziva and McGee gave approving nods both trying to contain the overwhelming emotions welling up inside of them.

Ziva's previous rage and anger that she had had felt towards the psycho-shooter for putting the man she loved, Tony, in the hospital, slowly melted away and was replaced by love and admiration. The once hardened Mossaud officer, who usually kept her emotions bottled up was finding that she was becoming more and more human--in a way.

"Uncle Tony couldn't be here, but I'm sure you'll like him after you meet him." Gibbs continued to whisper to his newborn.

---------------------------------------

Elsewhere in the hospital.

Ducky walked up to the receptionist at the desk.

"Excuse me," Ducky said to the nurse sitting behind the desk. "Yes, I'm looking for Abigail Scuito...they said she was moved to a different room, and I was told it was on this floor." Ducky said.

The nurse smiled and checked some charts that she had lying next to her on the desk. After a moment the nurse looked up at Ducky.

"Yes sir, she was moved...down the hall, room 325." the nurse said with a smile.

"Thank you." Ducky replied returning the smile.

As he turned to leave and walk down the hall in the direction in which the nurse had indicated, the nurse added something else.

"It's a full house in there...what with the baby and all." the nurse added with a chuckle.

"The...Baby?" Ducky said, puzzled at first. But then a smile spread across his face as he realized that Abby had had her baby.

"The baby is here!" Ducky suddenly said, excitedly.

Ducky thanked the nurse and quickly headed off down the hall in search of Abby's room.

---------------------------------------

Ducky entered the room paying almost no attention to Jenny who was still standing outside the door t Abby's room.

Jenny had already seen and had spent time with Abby and the baby.

"And there's Grandpa Ducky." Gibbs whispered softly to the newborn as his favorite M.E. and good, close friend entered the room.

Gibbs showed the newborn baby to Ducky who teared up almost instantly-- accepting the role that Gibbs appointed him. Ducky also thought it a good idea to inform Gibbs and the others that he was there because he had had Tony moved over there to Bethesda as well; and that the doctors had said he should make a full recovery, but that the would keep him for at least a few days until they were sure he was recovered enough to go home.

Ducky even made a point of whispering to the the newborn that her father, was indeed, speaking the truth about his identity.

"Congratulations Jethro." Ducky smiled as he patted his friend, gently, on the back.

"Thanks Duck." Gibbs said with a smile.

Gibbs looked down into the eyes of his newborn baby girl looking back up at him.

"Welcome to the world, Sweetheart." Gibbs whispered softly to his newborn.

"My precious angel
sent down from the sky,
I promise you forever and a day;
the world can't hurt you
you will be alright,
safe in my arms you'll stay."

"Forever and Ever!"

"Little blue eyes
your blowin' my mind,
with all the things you do to me;
and I don't know why
but deep down inside,
I wanna give you everything--in me.
Little blue eyes."

"I love you, Abs." Gibbs said to Abby as he placed their newborn baby girl into her mother's outstretched arms, gently.

I love you too, Jethro." Abby replied, with a smile, to her lover.


............To Be Continued in "Going Home"............
Chapter End Notes:
This is it the moment you've all been waiting for. The conclusion to the 5-part story arc "All or Nothing". I hope you guys have enjoyed it, and I hope that you guys will continue to check back regularly for more stories as I update my series as often as I can. Enjoy and God Bless!!!!!

P.S. This chapter is also sort of a song-fic as well. It is a soft-rock-ballad type deal. So I hope that you guys enjoy it!!!